Incarnate / Leviathan Transformation Contest Log

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I procrastinated to the last second, as is my way ;) Here are my starting stats

Height 5'9.5"
Weight 200lbs
Bodyfat approx 15%, measured as 11-12 mm at the suprailliac
Body type endomorph - I probably need only 1800-1900 cal to maintain a 200lb bodyweight, which sucks as far as i'm concerned.

Chest 43.5
Shoulders 48.5
L Bicep 14.25
R Bicep 14
L forearm 11
R forearm 11.25
L calf 15.5
R calf 16

Waist taken as 1" above belly button 37.5 - Why do I fit into some size 32 pants, and most 34s fall off me?

My goal for the 8 weeks is somewhere between a recomp and cut. My long term goal is to be somewhere over 200 lbs, at somewhere under 10% bodyfat. I reached 245 lbs at somewhere over 35% bodyfat in late january of this year and decided I needed to fix that. I reached a low of 196 the first week of august at around 16% bodyfat, but I had been "sticking" at the 197-200 range for the 2-3 weeks prior, even on a 1500 cal a day diet (70/15/15 approx). I decided to begin ramping up calories into a clean lean bulk, reaching a high of about 2800/day, as 45/40/15. Less than 10g a day are from simple carbs other than fructose from actual fruits or 100% juices, and carb intake is highest early, tapers off to only trace carbs at dinner. Just doing the math its kind of interesting, as it would look like i've gained somewhere from 4-6lbs of lean mass in those 3 weeks at higher calories....

At where I weighed in today, I need to get to somewhere between 186-190 during this contest to break the 10% boundary if I gain no additional muscle. My plan is to start ramping down calorie intake again to closer to 2000 cal, but stay at that at least the first 4 weeks. I may go lower for the last 4, depending on what progress looks like. Luckily I don't have issues with lethargy at negligible carbs or low overall calories.

Pictures will be posted later today, still need to get a newspaper

Supplements taken besides leviathan / incarnate

niacin 500mg/day
CoQ-10 400mg/day
glucosamine 3g/day
chondroitin 2.4g/day
Neovar 8 caps/day
Reset AD 3 caps/day
multivitamin
bulk powerFull / tryptophan as sleep aids.

A much simpler mix than I was taking previously :)

All my strength training and cardio is done first thing in the morning, empty stomach for cardio.

Workout scheme
M/W/F following body for life workout structure - Body-for-LIFE Weight Training
I've been doing this for about 4 months now, but i'm changing which particular excersizes i'm doing for each muscle group, so that is keeping it reasonably fresh. I may change my workout structure during the course of this contest, i'm not sure. 4 months is a while. I'd like to move to DC training, but i'm not sure how well I can do that in my current gym given equipment. On strength days I sometimes do some amount of cardio (20 min or less) either HIIT or low intensity, depending on how I feel and how time has worked out for that workout as I need to make it to work on time.

Tu/Th/Sa cardio - 20-60 minutes of cardio based on feel. absolute minimum is 20 minutes of low intensity biking at 120bpm heart rate. Frequently do 20 minutes on bike like that followed by 20 minutes HIIT on a crosstrainer, followed by another light 20 minutes on bike for cooldown. Occasionally do high speed light weight full body exersizes like clean and jerks (with 15 lb dumbells), jumping jacks with 5lb weights, etc as well, with no particular pattern :)

I'm going to have a little disadvantage at the start as next week as well as sept 10-14 i'll be travelling for business. Luckily I should have access to gyms in both places. But having access to and having time to are different things, so i'm a little concerned. I'll make sure I at least get cardio in.

Recap (as I know there was enough above to be boring)

So here's my 2 options to reach my transformation goal
  1. I can keep calories "high" - 2500ish and shoot for gaining 10lbs of lean mass while maintaining current scale weight.
  2. I can drop calories fairly low - 1600ish and shoot for dropping 1.5-2 lbs a week to hit upper 180s scale weight and my bodyfat goal
Feel free to comment on which you think I should go for. Given the incarnate / leviathan mix, either is reasonable.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
great Intro E......good luck my friend

dpatterson

Awards
Good Luck EasyEJL! Its time to rip them other boards up!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey there Easy nice to see the progress you are making. I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm trying to lose fat also. I'm also an endomorph body type. About the pants size thing, most guys, including myself don't wear their pants 1" above the belly button!. Hahahah!. I wear mine "under my gut", otherwise known as a "keg".

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey there Easy nice to see the progress you are making. I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm trying to lose fat also. I'm also an endomorph body type. About the pants size thing, most guys, including myself don't wear their pants 1" above the belly button!. Hahahah!. I wear mine "under my gut", otherwise known as a "keg".
True enough, but even there, the measurement is over 37. So the waist inches on pants don't seem to match a measuring tape.

Last edited:
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally I would pick option number 2. I am the same body type and its easy to gain mass, but hard to lose fat. 1.5-2 pounds of fat loss a week is what I go for also.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was first strength workout on this combo. I wasn't following my normal scheme at all ( I flew to denver this morning on an 8am flight, which meant no time to workout in the morning) so I worked out after lunch, but took my 2nd incarnate + leviathan right beforehand. I noticed sweating like a pig, and good energy, but couldn't really tell anything weightwise since I was following my boss's workout schema too. He's a looney, too little rest time between sets, and supersetting back and forth. Since that was all new to me, I was pretty wiped out by the end, 45 min later. That was about an hour ago, i'm pretty well bounced back now tho, so nice recovery. My forearms are still a little sore :)

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
Just saw your log and wanted to say Good luck. I've heard the body for life program has helped and has made great results for many people.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw your log and wanted to say Good luck. I've heard the body for life program has helped and has made great results for many people.
It has worked nicely for strength gain, i've been following their workout scheme (but not diet entirely) since may. I'm actually switching now to a modified GVT style.

So today was workout day I did

10 sets of 10 machine pec flies @ 90lbs I think
10 sets of 10 leg extensions @ 150lbs
10 sets of 10 lat pulldowns @ 85 lbs
10 sets of 10 standing heel raises at 150lbs

Really today was just a trial at the high volume, and also i'm travelling on business so was visiting a local gym with a co-worker. I can't quite recall the flies weight, didn't bring a log book with me. I also forgot to bring the Leviathan + Incarnate with me, so I couldn't do an immediate post workout dose (but I did take it pre-workout). Oh well. I'll be back in a more normal swing next week back at home. Still going to shoot for high volume though instead of the pyramid, plus try and do more switching up of excersizes. I figure friday will be

10@10 bicep curls
10@10 seated leg raises
10@10 tricep pulldowns
10@10 lying leg raises
10@10 arnold presses or some other fun shoulder exersize. still not sure yet, maybe just shoulder presses.

I'll figure out monday later :) I need to get abs in there somewheres too, but I can't do 6 exersizes on this, 5 is pushing it. maybe i'll forget the seated leg raises and do abs in its place. We'll see :)

WEEZYFBABY

WEEZYFBABY

Awards
  • Established
subbbeeeddd keep up good work(check my log out if u get a chance) repped!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the beta alanine tingle, I have to make sure I take it on an empty stomach. :) the energy levels are nice, I've now gone 2 days without any stims other than leviathan. I rarely can make it thru a morning without a cup of coffee, but i'm doing fine without. No cardio this week as there isn't enough oxygen in Denver for my liking :) but we'll see how it goes next week on that. Looking forwards to cardio on this stack for sure!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Checked my weight today 199.. Funny, I would have sworn given the way I was eating I would have gained. So I'm not trying to stuff in even more clean calories. My plan is for the first 4 weeks to be a clean light bulk, then a cut for the last 4 weeks.

Bought some weight gainer powder, something I never thought i'd have to do :D Just having been so heavy for so long, I would have thought gaining back was easier. I'm going to shoot for closer to 3000 cal workout days, and 2500ish non workout. GVT seems to be "nice" so far in that it feels like its working, its just really rough.

I'm liking the energy from leviathan so far. seems to be a nice fat burner if I managed to loose a pound while eating the way I do when I am travelling for business.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang thats a lot of volume!
Today was 10 sets of 10 reps decline dumbbell presses (only 30lb each), 10 sets of 10 chinups, 3 sets of 12 dumbell flies (only 10 lbs each, was so ragged out already) and then 3 sets of 12 dumbell rows. Its amazing how much lower a weight you need to manage to do 10 sets of 10

WEEZYFBABY

WEEZYFBABY

Awards
  • Established
question do you take leviathan before your morning cardio. and another thing in my opinion as well as many others fasted cardio=more muscle burned than fat, just have something before you do it, doesnt have to be a binge, just a whey shake....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
question do you take leviathan before your morning cardio. and another thing in my opinion as well as many others fasted cardio=more muscle burned than fat, just have something before you do it, doesnt have to be a binge, just a whey shake....
Actually right now i'm still not doing cardio, as i'm doing a light bulk, but otherwise yes I would. when i'm doing cardio its generally just BCAAs before hand (maybe 10g) and nothing else.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today's workout was

10 sets of 10 of
Squats - 100lbs supersetted with
lying leg curls - 70lbs

then 3 sets of 15 of
Low-Cable Pull-Ins 70lbs (Take a weightlifting belt and buckle it. Attach it to the low pulley of a cable crossover machine. Lie down on your back in front of the machine, and hook your feet in the belt. Then pull your knees towards your chest) supersetted with
Seated calf raises 90lbs

I almost fell over and passed out after set 9 on squats, damn those germans!!! But I'm also confident it will get results so oh well, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but in. I did GVT a few years ago and there is no way in hell I can do it anymore.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late, but in. I did GVT a few years ago and there is no way in hell I can do it anymore.
I'm only planning it for 4 weeks. its hard for damn sure. Hour and a half later, and i still haven't quite mentally recovered....

or had the energy to go upstairs and take a shower :D Thank god I didn't drive the corvette over there, I don't know if I could have worked the clutch

I think what will be hardest for me is the 5 day rotation. So this week it was Su/M/W then it will be F/Sa/M then W/Th/Sa. We'll see how I feel after the second or third rotation, i might be too old to recover fast enough without being on something hormonal.

dpatterson

Awards
Doing a check in as well... Catching up on the logging that I have missed..

Looking good. I always like trying something new and different. Throws the body into shock and usually gets some good results from it. Keep it up!

DP

WEEZYFBABY

WEEZYFBABY

Awards
  • Established
just stopping by easy good work man keep it up !

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Subbed Happy to see how this stack works for you easy!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GVT day 4 - arms + shoulders

10 sets of 10
Parallel bar dips (with body-100lbs) supersetted with
incline hammer curls @20lbs

3 sets of 15
bent over lateral raises @ 10lbs supersetted with
seated lateral raises @ 10lbs

even with light weights, its harsh. Set 8 on the first one is dizzying and thats when I really start having to push it. Definitely can feel the difference though at this point, I believe Poliquin when he says you can gain 10lbs of lean mass in 6 weeks on this. I'd be pretty happy with 6lbs in 4 weeks. That would put me in range of seeing 10% bodyfat at around 195, which would be awesome. We'll see. Today was a trial of RPM, I used 5 caps on a completely empty stomach then waited an hour before taking anything else. Lets just say next time i'm taking 4, and not going to wait quite so long before eating either. I got light stomach cramps, and gratuituous amounts of energy. I was uncomfortably energetic, full of menergy

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
up to 204 today, and keeping same definition levels. I'm guessing i'm somewhere over 170lbs lean mass at this point. I'm going to continue on this bulking to no higher than 210lbs before I start reducing off calories. Its the curse of being an endo I guess, so easy to gain weight, so hard to loose fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
206 today. Being an endo sounds good to those of you who are 150lbs and having a hard time gaining 2lbs, but its got its own curses. For me this is the first time in my life i've ever tried bulking. I'm NOT taking in more than 3000-3200 calories a day but still packing it on.

Back to day 1 of gvt, so it was

10 sets of 10 of
Decline db presses @ 20lbs (which was too low, I think 25 would be better, 30 was kinda too much) supersetted with
chinups @ bodyweight - 100

followed by 3 sets of 12 of

dumbell flies @ 15lbs supersetted with dumbbell rows @ 30lbs.

I added 3 sets of 12 of lower back extensions with 195lbs, as that area I could use some extra strength in.

not bad, my forearms are completely pumped.

i had gone with 4 rpms this time, a little closer also to when I hit the gym. it seemed to work out well, I wasn't ready to pass out till set 10 :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
204#s today. So that makes no sense, but last nite was a lighter dinner. So maybe some of that weight has been intestinal? :D either way, thats still up 6lbs in a week, so the Incarnate / Leviathan is going well. Tried 4 rpm with the leviathan + reset ad again today, I think thats a little bit too strong still, i'll drop to 3 rpm for monday.

Have I mentioned GVT is painful? today was

10 sets of 10
squats (sets 1-7@100lbs, 8@85, 9+10@75, was getting hard, plus I wanted to maintain good form + full range of motion) supersetted with
lying leg curls @ 70lbs (I think I can go to 80).

then 3 sets of 12 of
Low-Cable Pull-Ins @ 70 lbs (might be able to do 80) supersetted with
seated calf raises @ 85lbs

this is the hard day. I can cope with the upper body days, but the squats really are moving so much muscle mass i'm pouring sweat by set 4. Also, i think in the past I spent too my time doing leg extensions, and not enough squats, so thats haunting me now :) Monday is arms again, I enjoy that.

Then in the afternoon, I fly to san diego for a business conference. I'm still not exactly sure whether I'll have facilities available where I can do all the GVT workout, i'll try and see what works since I dont get home till friday. Tuesday is rest day, but I have chest/back on wed, and legs/abs on thurs in theory. I don't really want to take a 4 day rest either (well, I want to, but it doesn't fit)

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
204#s today. So that makes no sense, but last nite was a lighter dinner. So maybe some of that weight has been intestinal? :D either way, thats still up 6lbs in a week, so the Incarnate / Leviathan is going well. Tried 4 rpm with the leviathan + reset ad again today, I think thats a little bit too strong still, i'll drop to 3 rpm for monday.

Have I mentioned GVT is painful? today was

10 sets of 10
squats (sets 1-7@100lbs, 8@85, 9+10@75, was getting hard, plus I wanted to maintain good form + full range of motion) supersetted with
lying leg curls @ 70lbs (I think I can go to 80).

then 3 sets of 12 of
Low-Cable Pull-Ins @ 70 lbs (might be able to do 80) supersetted with
seated calf raises @ 85lbs

this is the hard day. I can cope with the upper body days, but the squats really are moving so much muscle mass i'm pouring sweat by set 4. Also, i think in the past I spent too my time doing leg extensions, and not enough squats, so thats haunting me now :) Monday is arms again, I enjoy that.

Then in the afternoon, I fly to san diego for a business conference. I'm still not exactly sure whether I'll have facilities available where I can do all the GVT workout, i'll try and see what works since I dont get home till friday. Tuesday is rest day, but I have chest/back on wed, and legs/abs on thurs in theory. I don't really want to take a 4 day rest either (well, I want to, but it doesn't fit)
San Deigo..have fun
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
San Deigo..have fun
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
Great quote, one of my favorite movies "I agree to disagree":icon_lol:

WEEZYFBABY

WEEZYFBABY

Awards
  • Established
how are your gains comin easy weight gain/loss good/ bad????:D

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL, I love when they are walking in the park and just throw there trash all over! Great log, took me a while to subscribe!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm stuck at a convention this week, but managed to work out monday. Today should have been day 1 again, and I won't be able to work out tomorrow either from what it looks like, and definitely no way on friday. So I'll be stretching the 1 day off to 4 days off, which blows, but no real option.

I'm enjoying the stack, monday was a good solid workout. I was at 208 again monday. So I'm getting really close to flipping to restricted calories and focusing on cutting/recomp instead. Plan was to not go over 210, I diddn't really think I had to worry about that as I didnt think i'd gain so rapidly. We'll see when I get home friday

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
I've been fluctuating also in weight but I'm cool with that. I'm thinking that Incarnate/Leviathan is a very good recomp stack...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 of GVT after a 4 day total break (instead of 1 day)

10 sets of 10 of
Decline db presses @ 30lbs supersetted with
chinups @ bodyweight - 110 for sets 1-5, -140 for 6-10. on set 5 I couldn't do all 10, so I lowered the weight

followed by 3 sets of 12 of

dumbell flies @ 15lbs supersetted with dumbbell rows @ 35lbs.

was 208 when I first work up at 7, went back to sleep for 3 more hrs, peed and was down to 206? who knows really. plus since friday was a flight day, and I ate relatively light, I would have had a relatively empty digestive system too (had mostly bars and liquids for the day, a moderately small salad and an apple was all I had as solid food). We'll see where I wake up tomorrow. pre-bed tonite i'm at 213 :D which should have me wake around 209.

Its amazing that bulking is working out this easily for me. It kinda does suck being an endo tho when I go to the cut phase. I'll be stuck dropping to 1600-1800 calories to get significant fat loss.

Still I'm feelin good, If I can loose 8-10 lbs over the last 8 weeks, I should be looking spectacular. I'm guessing my LBM is around 176 now. 10 lbs would put me around 198 and 11% bf. I'll probably start coasting calories downward this week

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
day 2 gvt, this is the sucky one :)

10 sets of 10
squats @100lbs survived the whole time. These are smith squats, my gym also has a squat machine, but it feels even more awkward than smith squats
supersetted with
lying leg curls @ 80lbs

then 3 sets of 12 of
Low-Cable Pull-Ins @ 80 supersetted with
seated calf raises @ 100lbs

So all my weights on this are up, and I didn't quite feel like puking after set 10 of squats. maybe passing out, but not puking. Up to 209lbs this morning too :D I guess I feel sorry for the guys who can't gain 5lbs regardless of what they do. I'm now up 11lbs from my low during this leviathan / incarnate transformation, that I started on the 27th. I also noticed a new vein starting to appear, where the shoulder muscles and pecs meet, so bodyfat seems to be going down still too.

So 3 weeks, 11lbs up (with increased definition no less), not shabby at all! I may even cancel (or postpone) my upcoming hormone cycle, I mean why bother really right? Its not like I will likely gain much more than this during a cycle anyhow. One more week of bulking and I could hit as high as up 15lbs in total, and not have raised my blood pressure, torn a hole in my liver or shrank my nuts. I may just do 50 days of x-factor, then do another leviathan/incarnate run. Hard to say, I'm really digging the idea of the hormones for the fast recovery times, and i've sank a bunch of $ into the supplies already too

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics. I'm keeping the same definition too, its slightly better. There is now a 4th vein starting to show right on the inside of my wrist, which wasn't visible a few weeks ago. I'm kind of torn as to whether to start the cutting cycle now, as I'm already over the peak weight I planned to hit. I'm also on day 22, so the first bottle of leviathan is empty... I may bulk for another week tho, its interesting to see how far I can take it :D

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics.

siick....very nice E

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics. I'm keeping the same definition too, its slightly better. There is now a 4th vein starting to show right on the inside of my wrist, which wasn't visible a few weeks ago. I'm kind of torn as to whether to start the cutting cycle now, as I'm already over the peak weight I planned to hit. I'm also on day 22, so the first bottle of leviathan is empty... I may bulk for another week tho, its interesting to see how far I can take it :D
That's awesome gains in a short amount of time:clap2:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm torn now about when to start the cutting cycle. I'm at 3 weeks in, which also means one bottle of leviathan is gone. So i've only got 3 weeks left of leviathan, and it will be easier to cut while I'm on it. i can also buy another bottle and do 5/day for the cut phase instead as well :) I'm kinda digging one more week of bulking.

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get your bulk on....winter is coming. Its time to get heyooooge!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I agree, prolong the bulk for another week.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Easy, just following along. Seems we are close to the same body type. I have the same problems all the time. Right now I am sticking with cutting even if I lose strength and some muscle because when I go back to higher calories I gain like theres no tommorow. What I will do is when I get down to a weight/bodyfat level I am comfortable with I will add calories really really slowly....Maybe 50 calories a week and work up from there. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, its nice to know that someone elese has the same issues I do though. Good luck my friend.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I missed the update yesterday

10 sets of 10
incline hammer curls @30lbs

3 sets of 12
bent over lateral raises @ 12.5lbs supersetted with
seated lateral raises @ 12.5lbs

So weights were up, which is nice to see (vs 9/5).

Weird thing tho is today on the scale I was only 210... We'll see what I end up at tomorrow. Even 210 is fine really, thats still 11 pounds in 17 days :) 4 days bulking left.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I missed the update yesterday

10 sets of 10
incline hammer curls @30lbs

3 sets of 12
bent over lateral raises @ 12.5lbs supersetted with
seated lateral raises @ 12.5lbs

So weights were up, which is nice to see (vs 9/5).

Weird thing tho is today on the scale I was only 210... We'll see what I end up at tomorrow. Even 210 is fine really, thats still 11 pounds in 17 days :) 4 days bulking left.
nice to see, bro! continued success!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
just though i'd pop in and say hi. :wave:

great progress E, keep it up.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: