Incarnate / Leviathan Transformation Contest Log

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    204#s today. So that makes no sense, but last nite was a lighter dinner. So maybe some of that weight has been intestinal? either way, thats still up 6lbs in a week, so the Incarnate / Leviathan is going well. Tried 4 rpm with the leviathan + reset ad again today, I think thats a little bit too strong still, i'll drop to 3 rpm for monday.

Have I mentioned GVT is painful? today was

10 sets of 10
    squats (sets [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], was getting hard, plus I wanted to maintain good form + full range of motion) supersetted with
    lying leg curls @ 70lbs (I think I can go to 80).

then 3 sets of 12 of
    Low-Cable Pull-Ins @ 70 lbs (might be able to do 80) supersetted with
    seated calf raises @ 85lbs

this is the hard day. I can cope with the upper body days, but the squats really are moving so much muscle mass i'm pouring sweat by set 4. Also, i think in the past I spent too my time doing leg extensions, and not enough squats, so thats haunting me now Monday is arms again, I enjoy that.

Then in the afternoon, I fly to san diego for a business conference. I'm still not exactly sure whether I'll have facilities available where I can do all the GVT workout, i'll try and see what works since I dont get home till friday. Tuesday is rest day, but I have chest/back on wed, and legs/abs on thurs in theory. I don't really want to take a 4 day rest either (well, I want to, but it doesn't fit)
    San Deigo..have fun
    Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

2. Quote Originally Posted by john123131 View Post
    San Deigo..have fun
    Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
    Great quote, one of my favorite movies "I agree to disagree"
    •   

3. how are your gains comin easy weight gain/loss good/ bad????

4. LOL, I love when they are walking in the park and just throw there trash all over! Great log, took me a while to subscribe!

5. I just burnt my tongue...
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

•   

6. I'm stuck at a convention this week, but managed to work out monday. Today should have been day 1 again, and I won't be able to work out tomorrow either from what it looks like, and definitely no way on friday. So I'll be stretching the 1 day off to 4 days off, which blows, but no real option.

I'm enjoying the stack, monday was a good solid workout. I was at 208 again monday. So I'm getting really close to flipping to restricted calories and focusing on cutting/recomp instead. Plan was to not go over 210, I diddn't really think I had to worry about that as I didnt think i'd gain so rapidly. We'll see when I get home friday

7. I've been fluctuating also in weight but I'm cool with that. I'm thinking that Incarnate/Leviathan is a very good recomp stack...

8. Day 1 of GVT after a 4 day total break (instead of 1 day)

10 sets of 10 of
    Decline db presses @ 30lbs supersetted with
    chinups @ bodyweight - 110 for sets 1-5, -140 for 6-10. on set 5 I couldn't do all 10, so I lowered the weight

followed by 3 sets of 12 of

dumbell flies @ 15lbs supersetted with dumbbell rows @ 35lbs.

was 208 when I first work up at 7, went back to sleep for 3 more hrs, peed and was down to 206? who knows really. plus since friday was a flight day, and I ate relatively light, I would have had a relatively empty digestive system too (had mostly bars and liquids for the day, a moderately small salad and an apple was all I had as solid food). We'll see where I wake up tomorrow. pre-bed tonite i'm at 213 which should have me wake around 209.

Its amazing that bulking is working out this easily for me. It kinda does suck being an endo tho when I go to the cut phase. I'll be stuck dropping to 1600-1800 calories to get significant fat loss.

Still I'm feelin good, If I can loose 8-10 lbs over the last 8 weeks, I should be looking spectacular. I'm guessing my LBM is around 176 now. 10 lbs would put me around 198 and 11% bf. I'll probably start coasting calories downward this week

9. day 2 gvt, this is the sucky one

10 sets of 10
    squats @100lbs survived the whole time. These are smith squats, my gym also has a squat machine, but it feels even more awkward than smith squats
    supersetted with
    lying leg curls @ 80lbs

then 3 sets of 12 of
    Low-Cable Pull-Ins @ 80 supersetted with
    seated calf raises @ 100lbs

So all my weights on this are up, and I didn't quite feel like puking after set 10 of squats. maybe passing out, but not puking. Up to 209lbs this morning too I guess I feel sorry for the guys who can't gain 5lbs regardless of what they do. I'm now up 11lbs from my low during this leviathan / incarnate transformation, that I started on the 27th. I also noticed a new vein starting to appear, where the shoulder muscles and pecs meet, so bodyfat seems to be going down still too.

So 3 weeks, 11lbs up (with increased definition no less), not shabby at all! I may even cancel (or postpone) my upcoming hormone cycle, I mean why bother really right? Its not like I will likely gain much more than this during a cycle anyhow. One more week of bulking and I could hit as high as up 15lbs in total, and not have raised my blood pressure, torn a hole in my liver or shrank my nuts. I may just do 50 days of x-factor, then do another leviathan/incarnate run. Hard to say, I'm really digging the idea of the hormones for the fast recovery times, and i've sank a bunch of $ into the supplies already too

10. well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics. I'm keeping the same definition too, its slightly better. There is now a 4th vein starting to show right on the inside of my wrist, which wasn't visible a few weeks ago. I'm kind of torn as to whether to start the cutting cycle now, as I'm already over the peak weight I planned to hit. I'm also on day 22, so the first bottle of leviathan is empty... I may bulk for another week tho, its interesting to see how far I can take it

11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics.

siick....very nice E

12. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, 212 today on the scale. Thats up 12 lbs in 3 weeks from start, or 14 lbs from low. really up 12 lbs in 2 weeks. Seems crazy, better than some guys do on anabolics. I'm keeping the same definition too, its slightly better. There is now a 4th vein starting to show right on the inside of my wrist, which wasn't visible a few weeks ago. I'm kind of torn as to whether to start the cutting cycle now, as I'm already over the peak weight I planned to hit. I'm also on day 22, so the first bottle of leviathan is empty... I may bulk for another week tho, its interesting to see how far I can take it
    That's awesome gains in a short amount of time

13. I'm torn now about when to start the cutting cycle. I'm at 3 weeks in, which also means one bottle of leviathan is gone. So i've only got 3 weeks left of leviathan, and it will be easier to cut while I'm on it. i can also buy another bottle and do 5/day for the cut phase instead as well I'm kinda digging one more week of bulking.

14. Get your bulk on....winter is coming. Its time to get heyooooge!

15. I agree, prolong the bulk for another week.

16. Hey Easy, just following along. Seems we are close to the same body type. I have the same problems all the time. Right now I am sticking with cutting even if I lose strength and some muscle because when I go back to higher calories I gain like theres no tommorow. What I will do is when I get down to a weight/bodyfat level I am comfortable with I will add calories really really slowly....Maybe 50 calories a week and work up from there. Didn't mean to hijack your thread, its nice to know that someone elese has the same issues I do though. Good luck my friend.

17. I missed the update yesterday

10 sets of 10
    Parallel bar dips (with body-100lbs) supersetted with
    incline hammer curls @30lbs

3 sets of 12
    bent over lateral raises @ 12.5lbs supersetted with
    seated lateral raises @ 12.5lbs

So weights were up, which is nice to see (vs 9/5).

Weird thing tho is today on the scale I was only 210... We'll see what I end up at tomorrow. Even 210 is fine really, thats still 11 pounds in 17 days 4 days bulking left.

18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I missed the update yesterday

10 sets of 10
    Parallel bar dips (with body-100lbs) supersetted with
    incline hammer curls @30lbs

3 sets of 12
    bent over lateral raises @ 12.5lbs supersetted with
    seated lateral raises @ 12.5lbs

So weights were up, which is nice to see (vs 9/5).

Weird thing tho is today on the scale I was only 210... We'll see what I end up at tomorrow. Even 210 is fine really, thats still 11 pounds in 17 days 4 days bulking left.
    nice to see, bro! continued success!

19. just though i'd pop in and say hi.

great progress E, keep it up.

20. 10 sets of 10 of
    Decline db presses @ 40lbs (feeling like a nearly masculine weight) supersetted with
    chinups @ bodyweight - 140

followed by 3 sets of 12 of

lying dumbell flies @ 15lbs supersetted with dumbbell rows @ 35lbs.

The dumbbell rows are definitely up, as i've used 30lbs for months for those now, and 35 felt good today. I may even try 40. I think I can even hit 45 for the decline presses! next week we'll see

Weight was down to 211 today??? Who knows really, I give up on tracking it either way, even at 211, thats 12 lbs up in 3 weeks, still in steroidal range. So that has worked out well. actually looking in the mirror, I think i'm actually doing some recomp as well, as there are a few spots starting to look leaner.

GVT is so fun. On set 9 my forearms were so flushed it looked odd.

21. you go form hating GVT to loving it.....................NICE!

22. Fashionably late...

The man with many logs...

23. Quote Originally Posted by macedaddy View Post
    you go form hating GVT to loving it.....................NICE!
    It works, thats what counts. that and i'm now seeing the weights go up. brutalizing myself like that to see mass gains but no strength gains sucks

doing decline presses with 2 40lb dumbbells almost feels masculine too with 25 i felt like a little girl

24. Quote Originally Posted by neoborn View Post

25. Day 2 again

10 sets of 10 of
    Squats - 100lbs supersetted with
    lying leg curls - 90lbs

sets 1-4 were at 100lbs squatting, but I was doing lower bottome end (prior squats were all to thighs parallel to ground) by set 5 I lowered to 85, by set 8 I lowered to 65 just to survive

then 3 sets of 15 of
    Low-Cable Pull-Ins 80lbs supersetted with
    Seated calf raises 90lbs

The calf raises hurt this time. I barely made it out of the gym alive

I was at 211 now 2 consecutive days so i'm guessing the 214 + 215 were anomalies. still, i'm up 13lbs over my low in 25 days, so 1/2 lb a day. And its lean, I definitely can see that i've even lost a little fat when I look in the mirror. Sunday is last GVT day, i'll take monday off I guess and start GBC on tuesday.

Starting today i'm lowering cals a little to bridge into the recomp / cut. My target will be reaching maintenance grade (2000 non workout, 2500 workout days) by tuesday, and then drop an additional 200 cal off that a week by the final week I should be around 1300 cal on non workout days, and 1800 workout days. It will be a near carbless on non workout days, and the additional calories workout days will come from carbs, and be pre + post workout only, with trace carbs outside of that.

26. 212 on the scale today, nothing else exciting, its an off day today. have to do some contract work today, I can use the spare $

27. Sounds like your making really good progress. I think I may mega dose fish oil for my PCT and see how it goes.

28. u da man u da man whoof whoof bahhhh

29. 213 today, last day of bulk, last day of GVT. headed off to the gym as soon as I peel myself away from AM Not sure whether i'll take 1 or 2 days off yet before starting GBC. that workout will look like this

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Poliquin
    Supersetting is designated by the use of letters and numbers i.e. A1 and A2
    or B1 and B2. First perform the A1 movement. Rest the prescribed amount
    of time and then perform the A2 movement. Continue alternating between
    the two exercises until all the recommended sets of each are complete.

Tempo (the speed at which you perform the movement) is designated with a
    three-digit number in units of seconds i.e. (301). The first number is the
    eccentric or lowering portion, the second number indicates the isometric or
    pause, and the final number is the concentric or positive portion. For
    example, on a bench press with a 311 tempo you would lower the load for
    three seconds, pause on the chest for one second, and then extend to the
    start in one second. Note: "X" denotes explosive effort.

Day One

A1 - Step Ups 4 x 12 (20X) 60 sec
    A2 - Chin Ups 4 x 10 (311) 60 sec

B1 - Lunges (dynamic) 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec
    B2 - Incline Dumbbell Chest Press 3 x 10-12 (411) 45 sec

C1 - Seated Leg Curl 3 x 10 (401) 45 sec
    C2 - Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec

D1 - Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 x 10-12 (411) 30 sec
    D2 - Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions 2 x 10-12 (422) 30 sec

Day Two

A1 - Deadlift 4 x 10-12 (311) 60 sec
    A2 - Swiss Ball Push Ups 4 x 12-15 (222) 45 sec

B1 - Leg Press 3 x 12-15 (411) 60 sec
    B2 - Seated Cable Row w/rope to Neck 3 x 10-12 (321) 45 sec

C1 - Single Standing Leg Curl 3 x 10 (411) 45 sec
    C2 - Lateral Raise 3 x 12 -15 (221) 45 sec

D1 - Barbell Curl 2 x 10 - 12 (311) 45 sec
    D2 - EZ Bar French Press (seated) 2 x 10- 12 (311) 30 sec

Day Three

A1 - Squat 4 x 12-15 (401) 60 sec
    A2 - Bench Press 4 x 10-12 (411) 60 sec

B1 - Lunge (static) 3 x 15 (311) 60 sec
    B2 - Barbell Rows 3 x 12 (311) 60 sec

C1 - Good Mornings 3 x 10 (312) 60 sec
    C2 - Standing Alt. Dumbbell Press 3 x 12 (201) 45 sec

D1 - Reverse Barbell Curls 2 x 12 -15 (212) 30 sec
    D2 - Triceps Pushdowns (underhanded) 2 x 12 -15 (312) 30 sec
    Going to be brutal I think i'll take 2 days off, since it will be incline hammer curls again on day 1 (day 4 of GVT - today - has incline hammer curls as well). my only other real choice is to take 1 day off, and start with working day 3 of GBC. If I recall right GBC is meant to do as 1x23x for its 5 day cycle. So I could take monday off, do day 3 tuesday, take wed off, and start with day 1. Maybe i'll do that.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. KLEEN's Quest for PRIME! A transformation contest log.
    By MrKleen73 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:22 PM
  2. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
  3. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 11:56 PM
  4. Incarnate/ Leviathan Super Log!
    By motiv8er in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 03:49 PM
  5. Interboard Transformation Contest