EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 sets of 10 of
Decline db presses @ 40lbs (feeling like a nearly masculine weight) supersetted with
chinups @ bodyweight - 140

followed by 3 sets of 12 of

lying dumbell flies @ 15lbs supersetted with dumbbell rows @ 35lbs.

The dumbbell rows are definitely up, as i've used 30lbs for months for those now, and 35 felt good today. I may even try 40. I think I can even hit 45 for the decline presses! next week we'll see

Weight was down to 211 today??? Who knows really, I give up on tracking it :D either way, even at 211, thats 12 lbs up in 3 weeks, still in steroidal range. So that has worked out well. actually looking in the mirror, I think i'm actually doing some recomp as well, as there are a few spots starting to look leaner.

GVT is so fun. On set 9 my forearms were so flushed it looked odd.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you go form hating GVT to loving it.....................NICE! :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you go form hating GVT to loving it.....................NICE! :D
It works, thats what counts. that and i'm now seeing the weights go up. brutalizing myself like that to see mass gains but no strength gains sucks :)

doing decline presses with 2 40lb dumbbells almost feels masculine too :) with 25 i felt like a little girl

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2 again

10 sets of 10 of
Squats - 100lbs supersetted with
lying leg curls - 90lbs

sets 1-4 were at 100lbs squatting, but I was doing lower bottome end (prior squats were all to thighs parallel to ground) by set 5 I lowered to 85, by set 8 I lowered to 65 just to survive :)

then 3 sets of 15 of
Low-Cable Pull-Ins 80lbs supersetted with
Seated calf raises 90lbs

The calf raises hurt this time. I barely made it out of the gym alive :)

I was at 211 now 2 consecutive days so i'm guessing the 214 + 215 were anomalies. still, i'm up 13lbs over my low in 25 days, so 1/2 lb a day. And its lean, I definitely can see that i've even lost a little fat when I look in the mirror. Sunday is last GVT day, i'll take monday off I guess and start GBC on tuesday.

Starting today i'm lowering cals a little to bridge into the recomp / cut. My target will be reaching maintenance grade (2000 non workout, 2500 workout days) by tuesday, and then drop an additional 200 cal off that a week :) by the final week I should be around 1300 cal on non workout days, and 1800 workout days. It will be a near carbless on non workout days, and the additional calories workout days will come from carbs, and be pre + post workout only, with trace carbs outside of that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
212 on the scale today, nothing else exciting, its an off day today. have to do some contract work today, I can use the spare $

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your making really good progress. I think I may mega dose fish oil for my PCT and see how it goes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
213 today, last day of bulk, last day of GVT. headed off to the gym as soon as I peel myself away from AM :) Not sure whether i'll take 1 or 2 days off yet before starting GBC. that workout will look like this

Supersetting is designated by the use of letters and numbers i.e. A1 and A2
or B1 and B2. First perform the A1 movement. Rest the prescribed amount
of time and then perform the A2 movement. Continue alternating between
the two exercises until all the recommended sets of each are complete.

Tempo (the speed at which you perform the movement) is designated with a
three-digit number in units of seconds i.e. (301). The first number is the
eccentric or lowering portion, the second number indicates the isometric or
pause, and the final number is the concentric or positive portion. For
example, on a bench press with a 311 tempo you would lower the load for
three seconds, pause on the chest for one second, and then extend to the
start in one second. Note: "X" denotes explosive effort.

Day One

A1 - Step Ups 4 x 12 (20X) 60 sec
A2 - Chin Ups 4 x 10 (311) 60 sec

B1 - Lunges (dynamic) 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec
B2 - Incline Dumbbell Chest Press 3 x 10-12 (411) 45 sec

C1 - Seated Leg Curl 3 x 10 (401) 45 sec
C2 - Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec

D1 - Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 x 10-12 (411) 30 sec
D2 - Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions 2 x 10-12 (422) 30 sec

Day Two

A1 - Deadlift 4 x 10-12 (311) 60 sec
A2 - Swiss Ball Push Ups 4 x 12-15 (222) 45 sec

B1 - Leg Press 3 x 12-15 (411) 60 sec
B2 - Seated Cable Row w/rope to Neck 3 x 10-12 (321) 45 sec

C1 - Single Standing Leg Curl 3 x 10 (411) 45 sec
C2 - Lateral Raise 3 x 12 -15 (221) 45 sec

D1 - Barbell Curl 2 x 10 - 12 (311) 45 sec
D2 - EZ Bar French Press (seated) 2 x 10- 12 (311) 30 sec

Day Three

A1 - Squat 4 x 12-15 (401) 60 sec
A2 - Bench Press 4 x 10-12 (411) 60 sec

B1 - Lunge (static) 3 x 15 (311) 60 sec
B2 - Barbell Rows 3 x 12 (311) 60 sec

C1 - Good Mornings 3 x 10 (312) 60 sec
C2 - Standing Alt. Dumbbell Press 3 x 12 (201) 45 sec

D1 - Reverse Barbell Curls 2 x 12 -15 (212) 30 sec
D2 - Triceps Pushdowns (underhanded) 2 x 12 -15 (312) 30 sec
Going to be brutal :) I think i'll take 2 days off, since it will be incline hammer curls again on day 1 (day 4 of GVT - today - has incline hammer curls as well). my only other real choice is to take 1 day off, and start with working day 3 of GBC. If I recall right GBC is meant to do as 1x23x for its 5 day cycle. So I could take monday off, do day 3 tuesday, take wed off, and start with day 1. Maybe i'll do that.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
last day of gvt was

10 sets of 10
Parallel bar dips (with body-100lbs) supersetted with
incline hammer curls @30lbs for sets 1-7, 25lbs 8-10. just couldn't do do, form started to go wacky.

3 sets of 12
bent over lateral raises @ 12.5lbs supersetted with
seated lateral raises @ 15lbs

My elbows didnt hurt as much after this as last time, so that was nice. I'm going to have my wife shoot some pics, and post them shortly to show 4 week progress, and give something to compare to the start pictures so as to see if I look like I gained much fat with my 14ish pounds gained

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok heres the pics from today. Anyone who wants to look back at the posts on this post

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/973205-post6.html

and tell me whether it looks like i've stayed the same bf % gained or lost. I think its pretty close or even a little bit leaner, which isn't bad on a 13 lbs bulk without hormones.

dazilla

dazilla

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up... I should be posting my pics sometime today or tomorrow... how did you get them as thumbnails?

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Easy, I see your still doing cardio with the corn popper :thumbsup:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easy, I see your still doing cardio with the corn popper :thumbsup:
Actually no cardio last 4 weeks, since I was bulking started at 200, 213 today!. Today was tho, 450cal worth. 7 minutes bike warmup. 20 minutes HIIT on elliptical, 2000m on a rower.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Actually no cardio last 4 weeks, since I was bulking started at 200, 213 today!. Today was tho, 450cal worth. 7 minutes bike warmup. 20 minutes HIIT on elliptical, 2000m on a rower.
2000m on a rower huh. not for nothing i used to train at olympic level i miss it thats how i blewout my back to begin with.

do u actualyl race the 2000m or just causually do it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2000m on a rower huh. not for nothing i used to train at olympic level i miss it thats how i blewout my back to begin with.

do u actualyl race the 2000m or just causually do it
I went racewise. Was at between 23-26 strokes/min, and a calories per hour of between 600-1000. Started off fast, realized I was at a too high heartrate, slowed down

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I went racewise. Was at between 23-26 strokes/min, and a calories per hour of between 600-1000. Started off fast, realized I was at a too high heartrate, slowed down
ok cool. not sure what went racewise means.

DONT LOOK AT THE CALORIES PPFFFF...... rowing is the best thing you can do to burn calories besides sprint work.

23-26 just to mention is a really slow 2000m pace. 26spm was i think my lowest 6k time but i was able to pull hard and stay slow making my 6k time killer i dont remmeber it though

but the speed doesnt matter if your just doing this for cardio. would be great if you start recording your times speeds etc and how you felt and made a game of it ! i recommend it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just cardio again, done about the same. I went with nycste's 30 strokes /min, but lowered "effort". not exactly sure how that works :) but I concentrated on faster overally motion rather than harder arm pulls. Worked out nice, maintained 30-31 strokes for the first 1600m then slowed to more like 28-29 as I was tiring out. Makes me want to be taking either drive or cordyceps5 to help enhance endurance. Feeling good tho!

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
Just cardio again, done about the same. I went with nycste's 30 strokes /min, but lowered "effort". not exactly sure how that works :) but I concentrated on faster overally motion rather than harder arm pulls. Worked out nice, maintained 30-31 strokes for the first 1600m then slowed to more like 28-29 as I was tiring out. Makes me want to be taking either drive or cordyceps5 to help enhance endurance. Feeling good tho!
your speed relates to how hard you are able to pull the faster you go the greater potential you have at max yoink.

for ex. if your pulling lets say 2:00 which i think means 2mins for a 500meter pace at 24 strokes per min and then you bump up to 30 strokes per min your 2:00 pace should be lower.

now that is all up to you. the erg and rowing is all about control knowing when to pull and how to move your arms as you master the erg the goal is to in my opinion go as slow as you can without tiring yourself out or getting hurt and pulling just as hard as you can if you were going .25x faster. its basically doing the same amount of work in longer period of time which in crew means greater coast and greater glide

rowing on a machine is soo diff then an erg so i wont compare them but a boat pulling 1:30 split doing it at 24 strokes per min is 10x better then a boat doing 30strokes per min pulling 1:30split i think.

perfect balance amount 8 guys.

engine room i was 6man aka 3third guy from front all tan and sexy haha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
209 today... Surprisingly, i'm not so happy about it. Its too fast of a fluctuation. We'll see how it goes after a week or two. I am sweating like a mofo during cardio, so maybe some amount of it is retained water? I do feel a littler harder in the muscles. this morning I get calipered + measured at the gym, so i'll post those # as soon as I have em.

Today should be starting with day 2 of GBC, we'll see how long the measuring goes.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
calm down if your numbers lie within 3lbs could all be water or just an extra poop you did or didnt do lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
true, we'll see by sunday.

today was day 2 of gbc. I've decided i'm doing it as day 1 M, cardio Tues, day 2 W, cardio thurs, day 3 Fri, cardio sat, sun off.

I still dont know whether I should be counting the bar or not in my weights...

A1 - Deadlift 4 x 10-12 (311) 60 sec First set at 70+bar, 2-4 at 50+bar
A2 - Swiss Ball Push Ups 4 x 12-15 (222) 45 sec no swiss ball, just floor :)

B1 - Leg Press 3 x 12-15 (411) 60 sec 90lbs plus platform (this is the 45 degree incline type
B2 - Seated Cable Row w/rope to Neck 3 x 10-12 (321) 45 sec 70lbs

C1 - Single Standing Leg Curl 3 x 10 (411) 45 sec 70lbs
C2 - Lateral Raise 3 x 12 -15 (221) 45 sec 12.5lbs

D1 - Barbell Curl 2 x 10 - 12 (311) 45 sec 50lbs
D2 - EZ Bar French Press (seated) 2 x 10- 12 (311) 30 sec bar plus 20lbs

not bad, actually was easier to make it thru than GVT. Less boring really. Hard physically, but thats ok.

So professionally calipered i'm at 24% bodyfat which kinda sucks. Way less lean mass than I thought. In the end it doesn't matter, as it just means I was even fatter than I thought when I started. Just means I have further to go.

With GBC, the pain and sufferent set in pretty fast. I was lightly euphoric from maybe 30 min after to 2 hours after, and it was after that the soreness started to creep in. We'll see how I feel tomorrow :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yo E -
what's the plan? finish up this log and then move onto the MassFX/Xfactor log?

or are you allowed to run all these supplements together for the next few weeks?

great log btw!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yo E -
what's the plan? finish up this log and then move onto the MassFX/Xfactor log?

or are you allowed to run all these supplements together for the next few weeks?

great log btw!
I'm going to end this on Oct 21, and start the xfactor log the 22 :) I figure it will not be a huge delay on starting as it will take till probably next week sometime for it to get here, so less than a 3 week delay to start. And its actually going to be x-factor + superdrol NG, which should be interesting to see. x-factor more for the gains, superdrol ng more as a preworkout stim with some additional gain support. I'm still trying to decide which workout plans to use during that. I think i'm still going to be doing recomp, so depending on how GBC here treats me, I may do that.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Hey great log. im deff. Subbed. Keep up the great work!

Ive seen some of your other posts about GVT and have decided to do that routine for about 10 weeks. 10 squats are a killer, even at only 125lbs!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey great log. im deff. Subbed. Keep up the great work!

Ive seen some of your other posts about GVT and have decided to do that routine for about 10 weeks. 10 squats are a killer, even at only 125lbs!
its really only meant to run for 30 days, which is 6 5 day rotations, then 3 weeks of something else, then back on GVT. so make sure you hit something else for a bit in the middle. :) its amazing really

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
its really only meant to run for 30 days, which is 6 5 day rotations, then 3 weeks of something else, then back on GVT. so make sure you hit something else for a bit in the middle. :) its amazing really
Alright I'll make sure of that. Thanks

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Awesome......and empty the garbage in the bathroom you lazy f***er :toofunny:

Much Love,

Neoborn

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, the soreness stayed :) today's cardio is going to suck big time. Particularly because with the GBC being whole body based, and me always going high intensity, I am sore everywhere :D C'est la vie tho.

Work up at 208 today. And weird as it may sound I "feel" like I felt at 200. So I'm pretty comfy with the now estimate that half my bulk gains were LBM. probably was kinda dumb for me to do a bulk at all, but I needed to break from the long term cutting effort.

I guess cardio wise I'll use the bike, precor machine (the weird elliptical that varies your foot angles), and row again. Talking to the trainer at the gym yesterday, they said the old mantra of "stay under 130bpm for fat burning" is being ignored more and more now, so i'm going to kick it up to a sweaty painful 160 hr, and slough off 800 calories in the hour instead of 500.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
208 today, gbc day 3, day 2 of tkd (just a regular ckd for now, till i am past induction)

Day Three

A1 - Squat 4 x 12-15 (401) 60 sec - 45lbs, but ass to heels in a cage instead of smith squats :)
A2 - Bench Press 4 x 10-12 (411) 60 sec 85lbs - all about stabilizers, my wrists hurt, my elbows hurt. I am too used to smith machines, no more of them.

B1 - Lunge (static) 3 x 15 (311) 60 sec - 2 30lb dumbbells
B2 - Barbell Rows 3 x 12 (311) 60 sec - had to do compound rows on a machine, 110lbs

C1 - Good Mornings 3 x 10 (312) 60 sec - 55lbs
C2 - Standing Alt. Dumbbell Press 3 x 12 (201) 45 sec - 25lb

D1 - Reverse Barbell Curls 2 x 12 -15 (212) 30 sec - 40lb, my forearms were completely cranked, thats what limited me.
D2 - Triceps Pushdowns (underhanded) 2 x 12 -15 (312) 30 sec - 110lb

Not too bad, nice to do clean squats. starting to feel the CKD low carb effects, post workout pee showed only minor ketosis, but that one is always questionable (as the amount of water I drink during workout makes that a very light pee). I shoulda caught the waking pee, but forgot. I'll try again later.

I can see a difference in the mirror now too. definitely a little more definition, and a little more vascularity. Thats all I ask for, each day to be a little better than the one before :)

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great log thus far Easy! I agree with Neo - empty the garbage! haha!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try and remember to empty the trash :D

206 today, and i'm around "large" ketosis by the ketostix. I should be able to break 200 by the end of next week, just as part of the initial keto losses. Decided to not do cardio today, just to let my legs have more rest. they have been whats sorest. I might do cardio tomorrow, but I doubt it. monday will be day 1 gbc, and in the evening flying out to NYC for a conference on tues. I fly back wed, so my workout will be afternoon instead of morning, that should be entertaining to see how it works out. Its going to suck to try and eat keto at the conference itself. I'm going to have to bring a jumbo bag of beef jerky with me I guess.

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I'll try and remember to empty the trash :D

206 today, and i'm around "large" ketosis by the ketostix. I should be able to break 200 by the end of next week, just as part of the initial keto losses. Decided to not do cardio today, just to let my legs have more rest. they have been whats sorest. I might do cardio tomorrow, but I doubt it. monday will be day 1 gbc, and in the evening flying out to NYC for a conference on tues. I fly back wed, so my workout will be afternoon instead of morning, that should be entertaining to see how it works out. Its going to suck to try and eat keto at the conference itself. I'm going to have to bring a jumbo bag of beef jerky with me I guess.
we gonna hangout?

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna be around Lexington and 51st. I'm not sure how much spare time ill have, need to recheck the conference schedule
ok. i am lower east from ya. gotta go to queens at 9am to meet my lawyer but shouldnt last past 11 12 id imagine. then totally free.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Easy, I know what you mean about the long term cutting. In fact this week I added around 500 calories a day. I'm at the point where I just can't stand eating so little calories anymore. It drives you nuts after a while!.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sticking right at 1800-2200 a day for now, on a TKD. Still just a KD, as i'm not doing carbs preworkout yet. I think you might want to try it t-bone, just 20-30g of complex carbs immediately pre-workout (like a slice of whole grain bread)

206 today, and feeling leaner! Hands are showing more increased vascularity, which is a cool for being on a low carb diet as that usually flattens muscle look. Not much else to report, my thighs ache less so I should be all good to go for tomorrow's workout. interestingly as the front of the thighs started to ache less I noticed all sorts of aches in other parts of the thigh :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1 gbc

A1 - Step Ups 4 x 12 (20X) 60 sec - 30lb dumbbells
A2 - Chin Ups 4 x 10 (311) 60 sec - sets 1-3 -125lbs, set 4 -140

B1 - Lunges (dynamic) 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec 25lb dumbbells
B2 - Incline Dumbbell Chest Press 3 x 10-12 (411) 45 sec 35lb dumbbells

C1 - Seated Leg Curl 3 x 10 (401) 45 sec 110lbs
C2 - Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 12 (311) 45 sec 90lbs

D1 - Seated Dumbbell Hammer Curl 2 x 10-12 (411) 30 sec 25lbs
D2 - Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions 2 x 10-12 (422) 30 sec 35lbs

Not too bad, I see that my forearms really are my furthest behind body part. In most of the gbc exersizes they are what is limiting me (and sorest immediately post workout). Not sure what I can do about it short term, just wait I suppose. Pretty good workout overall I thought.

I was 209 on the scale when I got up, which bothers me a little, but not a lot. Had LOTS of fiber heavy greens yesterday, so I may just have more "in system" lets call it than usual. I don't feel bloated, actually feel quite slim (relatively speaking).

Does anyone think I should be including either full meal info or total macros for the day or something like that? I tend to leave it it unless its something odd, or a major change as it can get a little boring to read I think. most of us don't have tons of variety in our diets, so its largely the same day to day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well day 2 again. since i was on my way home from lunch with the wife after flying in from NY, it was an off time of day for me, plus also after eating a pretty full meal (bamboo club's cracklin calamari salad). went pretty well tho

A1 - Deadlift 4 x 10-12 (311) 60 sec set at set 1-3 70+bar, set 4 at 50+bar. Set 1 was done with the high handles, 2-4 was flipped over (so higher range of motion)
A2 - Swiss Ball Push Ups 4 x 12-15 (222) 45 sec no swiss ball, just floor

B1 - Leg Press 3 x 12-15 (411) 60 sec, was stuck using the nautilus, so 200lbs on that.
B2 - Seated Cable Row w/rope to Neck 3 x 10-12 (321) 45 sec 80lbs

C1 - Single Standing Leg Curl 3 x 10 (411) 45 sec 70lbs
C2 - Lateral Raise 3 x 12 -15 (221) 45 sec 15lbs, but it hurt my elbow, I realize now I have bad form, and will fix it.

D1 - Barbell Curl 2 x 10 - 12 (311) 45 sec 50lbs
D2 - EZ Bar French Press (seated) 2 x 10- 12 (311) 30 sec bar plus 20lbs

So numbers went slightly up, not bad given the time of day, full stomach, etc.

Wanted to also add that I started taking MST's MVP 365 for a multivitamin, and their ZMK for sleep aid/GH releaser, and also their cordygen 5 to give me a little more whoomf in cardio.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I haven't man..... I am a disgrace........ :ntome: