A first timer's experience with Kratom - testing every strain

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
This log is mainly for the purpose of people who want to try Kratom for the first time but feel uneasy about possible side effects, if any. This is going to be my personal (and honest) experience and how I feel about it. I've wanted to try Kratom for some time now, ever since I stopped playing football over two years ago but I had zero confidence in the unregulated Kratom industry that I decided to wait until I found a trustworthy supplier.
Fortunately for me, I recently became a member of AM and straightupkratom.com was brought to my attention. There were a lot of positive logs/reviews for me to look through and decide that this company would work for me. They boast having 100% organic Kratom, highest quality on the market, and their product is lab-tested for potency, pesticide contamination, heavy metals, and checked for microbial bacterial and fungal growth. I'm sold!

And to make things better they sell a sampler pack which includes 25g of red, green, yellow, white, super red, and super green strains for only $32 total. This works perfect for me because I just wanted to experiment with the different strains to decide what feels best for me. They also threw in an additional free bag of super red just for good measure. Thanks!

This morning during work I *nervously* took my first ever dose of Kratom, 4g of green. To say i'm impressed would be an understatement, I felt better all across the board. I worked twice as efficient and with a smile on my face. My usual morning-afternoon shoulder pain, gone. I feel like I drank a couple red bulls but with no jitters or rapid heart rate. It's really been a long time since a supplement has had me this excited. More posts to come!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll follow along. Have always been curious

Boss89

Awards
I used to use that stuff about 8 years ago i was around 20yrs old. I would only use 3 grams that i would use to make a tea. The effect felt just like taking a Loraset or a vicoden, very euphoric! Well i did this about 3 times a day for about a month. I then decided i wanted to stop, i could tell it was drying me out and it was difficult to stay hydrated. And honestly i just needed a break, ive always been good with moderation and have never had an issue putting down substances of any kind. Well, this stuff had withdrawals that ive never experienced. I threw up and **** nonstop, had the cold sweats. Ive quit morphine cold turkey before and kratom by far surpasses that experience. When it was all said and done 10lbs and 4 days later!!!! I put the rest of my kratom in the garbage. Im sure you can moderate and be just fine, but i think there are just to many alkaloids in raw kratom. It needs to be refined similar to the way codiene is extracted from raw opium.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
I used to use that stuff about 8 years ago i was around 20yrs old. I would only use 3 grams that i would use to make a tea. The effect felt just like taking a Loraset or a vicoden, very euphoric! Well i did this about 3 times a day for about a month. I then decided i wanted to stop, i could tell it was drying me out and it was difficult to stay hydrated. And honestly i just needed a break, ive always been good with moderation and have never had an issue putting down substances of any kind. Well, this stuff had withdrawals that ive never experienced. I threw up and **** nonstop, had the cold sweats. Ive quit morphine cold turkey before and kratom by far surpasses that experience. When it was all said and done 10lbs and 4 days later!!!! I put the rest of my kratom in the garbage. Im sure you can moderate and be just fine, but i think there are just to many alkaloids in raw kratom. It needs to be refined similar to the way codiene is extracted from raw opium.
I’ve read similar experiences. But some people that are heavy users experience mild withdrawals similar to quitting caffeine or nicotine. I think it really varies from person to person but we’ll see where I’m at by the end of this month. So far I’m happy with how I’m feeling

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome and thank you for this review. I couldnt agree more.

I’ve read similar experiences. But some people that are heavy users experience mild withdrawals similar to quitting caffeine or nicotine. I think it really varies from person to person but we’ll see where I’m at by the end of this month. So far I’m happy with how I’m feeling
Now thru fathers day(june 17th, midnite) receive 25% off by applying code: DAD25. Also, receive your free bag of super green by using zelle.

Remember free shipping over 100.

Only @ https://straightupkratom.com

Dont forget to sign up to earn loyalty points with each order.

It doesnt cost you a thing.

With each order you will earn points to later be used on future orders. A little something extra StraightUpKratom offers to all its loyal customers to show our appreciation and save you a few more dollars just because!
received_1091254807681484.jpeg

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Curiousmonkey you should try out the white vein. Interested to see if it treats you differently than it did me, being we are both new to this.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
I had a bit of a discouraging start to my day because I got turned down for a job that I had been chasing for a while. I knew my buddies wanted to go out to the lake later on but I just wasn't feeling in the mood so I decided to try out the white vein, per SkRaw85 's suggestion. I'll call this strain the mood booster, 30 minutes later I felt like it was a new day and I was ready to go. The white definitely feels a little bit more heady to me, which I think will be great for certain occasions but probably not something I would take everyday. Honestly I do have a bit of a headache but that could be from me not drinking enough water today

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had a bit of a discouraging start to my day because I got turned down for a job that I had been chasing for a while. I knew my buddies wanted to go out to the lake later on but I just wasn't feeling in the mood so I decided to try out the white vein, per SkRaw85 's suggestion. I'll call this strain the mood booster, 30 minutes later I felt like it was a new day and I was ready to go. The white definitely feels a little bit more heady to me, which I think will be great for certain occasions but probably not something I would take everyday. Honestly I do have a bit of a headache but that could be from me not drinking enough water today
Sorry to hear that man, things will always look up though. I’m thinking adding in the white as a little booster to other strains and see how it goes.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Sorry to hear that man, things will always look up though. I’m thinking adding in the white as a little booster to other strains and see how it goes.
Ah it’s just life, you win some you loose some.

I’m about to take 6g super green and go work out for the first time on kratom, should be a good time!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’m about to take 6g super green and go work out for the first time on kratom, should be a good time!
Hmmmm, pre workout kratom eh. Please let us know how that goes! I dunno if I could pre personally. Too relaxing

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In I've never took this stuff either so wouldn't know which one to get

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Hmmmm, pre workout kratom eh. Please let us know how that goes! I dunno if I could pre personally. Too relaxing
I use 6 grams White or Yellow pre training with my usual pretraining sups. Caffiene being the biggest one.

20 minutes later I hit the gym. Because Kratom naturally reduces pain I can train at a very high level on it. I still get lactic acid pain but its blunted so I can push through and get those extra reps. Coffee and Kratom together give me an amazing focus. I almost get lost in my own thoughts visualizing my next set or excercise. Once I'm done with the weights I begin cardio. I find that Kratom makes time fly and I'm done before I know it.

I would highly recommend it pre training

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use 6 grams White or Yellow pre training with my usual pretraining sups. Caffiene being the biggest one.

20 minutes later I hit the gym. Because Kratom naturally reduces pain I can train at a very high level on it. I still get lactic acid pain but its blunted so I can push through and get those extra reps. Coffee and Kratom together give me an amazing focus. I almost get lost in my own thoughts visualizing my next set or excercise. Once I'm done with the weights I begin cardio. I find that Kratom makes time fly and I'm done before I know it.

I would highly recommend it pre training
Interesting. I may try with the white sometime soon. Yellow I don’t think I could function on though lol. Might be because it’s still new to me, but post workout I love it. I’ll definitely throw a scoop or two of white in a pwo shake in the next few days and log it.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
This morning I woke up with muscle aches so I bumped up my super green intake to 6-7g. Now I’m REALLY getting the effects and it feels pretty good. I’d say it feels like having an overall sense of good comfort. I had some coffee as well and my mental focus was noticeably higher, but I also caught my self staring into space having intense daydreams which I thought was interesting.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
This morning I took 6g of regular green but I didn’t feel it as much as I did yesterday with the super green.
So far my favorite strain is the super green.. it’s the real deal. I’ll definitely be buying more soon.

As for the super red, I’ve really been enjoying falling asleep with ease

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
I wasn’t sure if I was going to include this but I quit a two year-long nicotine addiction last Friday and I’ve been using kratom as a crutch to help me get through the restlessness and irritation. I don’t think I would have taken the first step to quit if I didn’t have kratom, and I’m honestly thankful for it. I would recommend kratom for anyone trying to quit smoking

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congratulations Curiousmonkey! I quit a 20 year pack a day habit about 10 years ago. Smoking's a bytch to quit. Stick with it my friend.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wasn’t sure if I was going to include this but I quit a two year-long nicotine addiction last Friday and I’ve been using kratom as a crutch to help me get through the restlessness and irritation. I don’t think I would have taken the first step to quit if I didn’t have kratom, and I’m honestly thankful for it. I would recommend kratom for anyone trying to quit smoking
Awesome brother! Love hearing this!

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Super Green is awesome in a bag!!! Gets the job done and much much more!!
Thank you for the great feedback! SupeR red is real mellow! I get some solid sleep after taking 6gr of super red!
Im glad Kratom has been able to help you.
This morning I took 6g of regular green but I didn’t feel it as much as I did yesterday with the super green.
So far my favorite strain is the super green.. it’s the real deal. I’ll definitely be buying more soon.

As for the super red, I’ve really been enjoying falling asleep with ease

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
congratulations. This is huge news! Glad it is has helped you stop smoking! This is the best part of my job, and why i do what i do. To help others and make a difference..

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Kratom definitely keeps me from drinking as often and helps me to not use my anxiety medicine as well, plus the added mood boost makes it a no brainer to utilize.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
I took kratom consistently for about a month and I stopped taking kratom for last 3 days and I feel nothing resembling withdrawal symptoms at all. Physically, my shoulder has been aching which is the reason I started taking kratom in the first place. Mentally, I’m clear as day. Honestly I’d say I’ve had a few small cravings for it in the last 3 days but it’s more like craving a bowl of ice cream vs craving another cigarette. I don’t have any reason to stop kratom at this point in my experience because it has improved my quality of life & sleep. I made another order from Straight Up Kratom and I’m looking forward to it

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
I got kratom capsules in my next order because raw kratom tastes pretty rough. I’m not usually a puss when it comes to consuming herbs in its raw form but it was almost a deal breaker when I first started a month ago. I think the only worst tasting thing I’ve had is raw rhodiola powder

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got kratom capsules in my next order because raw kratom tastes pretty rough. I’m not usually a puss when it comes to consuming herbs in its raw form but it was almost a deal breaker when I first started a month ago. I think the only worst tasting thing I’ve had is raw rhodiola powder
The resin extract works well in green tea

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I took kratom consistently for about a month and I stopped taking kratom for last 3 days and I feel nothing resembling withdrawal symptoms at all. Physically, my shoulder has been aching which is the reason I started taking kratom in the first place. Mentally, I’m clear as day. Honestly I’d say I’ve had a few small cravings for it in the last 3 days but it’s more like craving a bowl of ice cream vs craving another cigarette. I don’t have any reason to stop kratom at this point in my experience because it has improved my quality of life & sleep. I made another order from Straight Up Kratom and I’m looking forward to it
For the most part this is how it will be for most people. The biggest thing and the first thing i notice also is the pain. And i want it gone.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Still waiting on the next straightupkratom delivery so I haven’t taken kratom in about a week and I’m feeling pretty achey. Also I made the order a week ago but they just shipped the product out today... that’s not a knock against the company I’m just feeling impatient lol

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
Alright I just got my kratom capsules and I’m starting with super green. I’m not a huge fan of how kratom tastes so I think capsules are the way to go. Easy, effortless, and tasteless. I’ll probably stop the updates because I don’t have much else to say or ask at this point.

Thank you Mace and Heavy Iron and SkRaw85 for sharing information and answering my endless questions about kratom. I really had no idea what to expect before getting into this and I’m glad I can say that my quality of life has improved significantly since starting kratom (with no signs of addictive properties)!

Kratom is the sh*t.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright I just got my kratom capsules and I’m starting with super green. I’m not a huge fan of how kratom tastes so I think capsules are the way to go. Easy, effortless, and tasteless. I’ll probably stop the updates because I don’t have much else to say or ask at this point.

Thank you Mace and Heavy Iron and SkRaw85 for sharing information and answering my endless questions about kratom. I really had no idea what to expect before getting into this and I’m glad I can say that my quality of life has improved significantly since starting kratom (with no signs of addictive properties)!

Kratom is the sh*t.
I agree. Wish I had been utilizing this plant earlier!