Energy and gains with FINAFLEX.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
So the awesome guys at FINAFLEX have sent me a tub of their creatine energy to log.

Normally I don't take creatine as it doesn't seem to do a lot but I was excited to try this out as it's essentially like a preworkout as it contains caffeine. (100mgs)

image-3715885130.jpg

I'm going to take my first scoop tomorrow and run this log for 30days I'm im actually going to do 2 scoops (10g) so I get 200mgs of caffeine for my preworkout. That also gives me 10g of creatine.. Hopefully see something happening.
RegisterJr

Thanks again for sorting this out.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Subbed. In to learn more about this product:)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Thanks for following along :)
This looks like a great product. I may be interested in trying it out if it works well with you. Enjoy :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In HUR!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yep spring is in the air.. lots of work to be done

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
First scoop this morning... Can't say I was looking forward to it as taking creatine is a pet peeve of mine haha...

I don like the sandy texture with some forms of creatine, granted that could be caffeine too.

Anyway no issues, dropped 2 scoops into about 1pint of water (568ml) stirred, drank half, stirred downed the other half. Few little bits hanging around, tomorrow I'll use a shaker just for convenience.

I also used squash with the water to give it some taste, now I'm not sure if it was because of it being early but it tasted a little weird... I'm guessing it's the caffeine that did that?

Right, well no gym this morning as my GF has her first 12 week scan with our second child, may try and get a quick blast in the gym at lunch today however.

See how I feel. Caffeine definatley perked me up though :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me, it seems anything unflavored is slightly gritty. My does is mixed in with my amino's, but I might take some to work with me to try solo.

Squash, as in the vegetable?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
For me, it seems anything unflavored is slightly gritty. My does is mixed in with my amino's, but I might take some to work with me to try solo. Squash, as in the vegetable?
I wondered if an American would question 'squash'.

Not sure what you call it but you put it with water for flavouring, black currant, raspberry etc.

It's not called juice here as juice refers to pure squeezed fruit juice.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wondered if an American would question 'squash'. Not sure what you call it but you put it with water for flavouring, black currant, raspberry etc. It's not called juice here as juice refers to pure squeezed fruit juice.
We have little squeeze/flavor bottles too. I think one brand is Mío, or something.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
We have little squeeze/flavor bottles too. I think one brand is Mío, or something.
Yeah seen that over there... We now have one similar made by robinsons.

What do you call it? Juice?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah seen that over there... We now have one similar made by robinsons. What do you call it? Juice?
Flavored squirt bottle? Oh no, I just call it flavoring. Lol

Juice is like you said, straight up juice.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
wait a minute... I thought juice was a clandestine term used for disguising the word steroid?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wait a minute... I thought juice was a clandestine term used for disguising the word steroid?
They're pronounced differently. Juice isn't necessarily the same as juice. Know whaddum sayin?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Your right.. Gear,juice. They are both for AAS.
It's a new dawn, it's a new day... :)

So I took 2 scoops again, 10g of creatine blend and 200mg of cafdeine.

Hate the grittiness but it's expected obviously.

Felt really good today, motivated, focused and hyped up on energy which I though was strange as it's not really a pre-workout, however it clearly has 2 of the most basic ingredients.

I'll admit my muscles looked fuller, only after 2 days... But I did drink probably nearly 2 gallons yesterday and half a gallon from waking and working out.

No noticeable strength gains as of yet, that's quite Obvious though.

Just wish it came flavoured, it's hard to find something that flavours it just perfect... I'll keep trying though :)

Do you want to see my workouts in here?
If so I'll post it from tomorrow.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workouts and videos!! It's your call. You don't have to.

I forgot to bring my Creatine Energy with me today...

As for flavoring, I'm on the other spectrum. Having no flavor keeps the cost a little lower, and you can add it to your pre or intra without it affecting that flavor (much). However, this is coming from someone who would prefer unflavored protein powder. :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can I join this party ?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Workouts and videos!! It's your call. You don't have to.

I forgot to bring my Creatine Energy with me today...

As for flavoring, I'm on the other spectrum. Having no flavor keeps the cost a little lower, and you can add it to your pre or intra without it affecting that flavor (much). However, this is coming from someone who would prefer unflavored protein powder. :)
Okie Dokey, I enjoy posting workouts so I will do so :)
Perhaps a cheeky video or 2 aswell.

Unflavoured protein.... Never tried it but I don't like the sound of it tbh haha

Can I join this party ?
Of course :)
Glad to see you made it.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good update grinnell27, looking forward to seeing where this goes!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds good so far. I think the unflavored is a double edge sword. I was hoping this had one because i dont really go crazy with pre's and sometimes dont take anything with a flavor pre workout. On the other hand maybe unflavored gives you a ton of options if you taje a pre. Ill probly mix mine with apple bcaa saa for my run

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Here's my workout from today :)

Back & Arms-

Back-

Wide grip pullups-

BW x 8-10 (4 sets)

Seated Rows (wide grip, sat on a DB)-

225x failure (4 sets)

T-bar Rows-

11x 25lb plates x failure (3 sets) Managed to hit 6-8 reps each set.
8x 25lb plates x failure (2 sets)
4x 25lb plates x failure (2 sets)

Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns-

190x failure (4 sets)

Standing Cable rows-

110x 12-15, squeeze and pause each rep at the top. (4 sets)

Arms-

Supersets today...

Standing Alt curls- @35x failure, into Tate Press- @35lb x failure (4 sets)

Standing hammer curls @45lb x failure, into Plate loaded tricep dips @160lb x failure (4 sets)

Preacher curls @70lb x failure, into CGBP @135x failure (4 sets)

So thats the Hypertrophy part of the workout done...

Just cardio left-

Nothing crazy here... Just burn 200-250cals per day at he moment, ill up it when i stall with weight loss (been doing this for around 6weeks now)

Stepper @25mins- 230-250cals (obviously the reading is never 100% accurate)

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice work!

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
That is a strong workout! Heavy seated rows..
Thanks man, that's a cable row... I quite often go up to 440lb... According to the stack lol.

So todays update:

2scoops of FINAFLEX creatine energy, 10g of Creatine, 200mgs of caffeine.

Still getting used to the grittiness... eww. I stopped taking mono years ago due to that, switched to a powder version and it was much better.
Doesn't matter though as its the effects that count :)

Felt the caffeine hit me quite soon after downing the drink, around 10mins or so.

Today was Chest and Shoulders-

Shoulders-

Side lateral raises, super setted with Rear delt Flys-

Side laterals- 25lb x failure, drop into 12lb x failure.
Rear delt fly's- 25lb x failure, drop into 12lb x failure.
6sets

I never go heavy with either of those movements. Don't feel the need to, get a great pump and contraction like this.

Front delt raises into shrugs-

Front delt- 25x failure, drop into 12lb x failure
Shrugs- Heaviest DB's (65lb) x failure, drop into 45x failure.... Note that this isn't my regular gym so the DB's are poop lol.
4 sets

Reverse Pec dec into Seated side laterals (machine)-

Reverse pec dec- 90x failure, drop into 60x failure
Side lateral raises- 60x failure... No drop.
4 sets

Chest-

DB fly's into 15% incline DB press-

I did this because the DB's only go to 65lb so putting fly's first will exhaust my chest :)
Also my shoulder is still not 100%... Its much better but still a little painful.

Fly's- 25lb x failure, no drop
DB Press- 65x failure, no drop
4 sets

Pec dec into seated chest press-

135x failure, into 70x failure... Cant go heavier because of shoulder pain :(
90x failure, no drop.
4 sets

And that's it for today, needed to get my cardio in so no flat BB bench today.

Cardio-

25mins of cardio.
10mins- Stepper
15mins- Incline walking.

220cals burned (according to the machine).

Overall Im finding that the creatine energy is defiantly helping me wake up, no noticeable strength yet. Muscles do look fuller too!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work Grinnel.

I don't think mono is gritty either... lol

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Nice work Grinnel. I don't think mono is gritty either... lol
Yeah I phrased that wrong really.. I meant to say "creatine in granulated form" it doesn't just have to be mono lol.

It's like sand

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how long are you letting it dissolve? there is a great video on will brinks site where he talks about getting the most of your creatine.
you should stir it until its completely in solution. this will greatly reduce any of the grit you are drinking. basicaaly stir it until there is nothing swirling at the bottom of the glass, then drink it.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
how long are you letting it dissolve? there is a great video on will brinks site where he talks about getting the most of your creatine. you should stir it until its completely in solution. this will greatly reduce any of the grit you are drinking. basicaaly stir it until there is nothing swirling at the bottom of the glass, then drink it.
I stir for about 10secs... Ron what I remember, granulated style creatine doesn't dissolve? I may be wrong.

Powdered forms completely dissolve for me, perhaps I'm not giving it enough chance?

I'll check that video out, thanks man.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man, that's a cable row... I quite often go up to 440lb... According to the stack lol.

So todays update:

2scoops of FINAFLEX creatine energy, 10g of Creatine, 200mgs of caffeine.

Still getting used to the grittiness... eww. I stopped taking mono years ago due to that, switched to a powder version and it was much better.
Doesn't matter though as its the effects that count :)

Felt the caffeine hit me quite soon after downing the drink, around 10mins or so.

Today was Chest and Shoulders-

Shoulders-

Side lateral raises, super setted with Rear delt Flys-

Side laterals- 25lb x failure, drop into 12lb x failure.
Rear delt fly's- 25lb x failure, drop into 12lb x failure.
6sets

I never go heavy with either of those movements. Don't feel the need to, get a great pump and contraction like this.

Front delt raises into shrugs-

Front delt- 25x failure, drop into 12lb x failure
Shrugs- Heaviest DB's (65lb) x failure, drop into 45x failure.... Note that this isn't my regular gym so the DB's are poop lol.
4 sets

Reverse Pec dec into Seated side laterals (machine)-

Reverse pec dec- 90x failure, drop into 60x failure
Side lateral raises- 60x failure... No drop.
4 sets

Chest-

DB fly's into 15% incline DB press-

I did this because the DB's only go to 65lb so putting fly's first will exhaust my chest :)
Also my shoulder is still not 100%... Its much better but still a little painful.

Fly's- 25lb x failure, no drop
DB Press- 65x failure, no drop
4 sets

Pec dec into seated chest press-

135x failure, into 70x failure... Cant go heavier because of shoulder pain :(
90x failure, no drop.
4 sets

And that's it for today, needed to get my cardio in so no flat BB bench today.

Cardio-

25mins of cardio.
10mins- Stepper
15mins- Incline walking.

220cals burned (according to the machine).

Overall Im finding that the creatine energy is defiantly helping me wake up, no noticeable strength yet. Muscles do look fuller too!
Great workout. Ive got my shoulder holding me back too bro. Just keep doing what you can, rest it and do your rotator cuff work. Stay up

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I stir for about 10secs... Ron what I remember, granulated style creatine doesn't dissolve? I may be wrong.

Powdered forms completely dissolve for me, perhaps I'm not giving it enough chance?

I'll check that video out, thanks man.
yeah stir it for a min or two and let it sit for a couple more.. it will all dissolve and give you the full effects of the creatine.. if its not dissolved youre not getting the full benefits

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Great workout. Ive got my shoulder holding me back too bro. Just keep doing what you can, rest it and do your rotator cuff work. Stay up
Thanks man, yeah im 99% sure it's rotator cuff.

yeah stir it for a min or two and let it sit for a couple more.. it will all dissolve and give you the full effects of the creatine.. if its not dissolved youre not getting the full benefits
Okay man, I'll give that a go tomorrow morning. Thanks

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Workout looks great, I am very interested to hear your thoughts, I do not generally use Creatine myself, so I am looking to see if you find a benefit in this product!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks man, yeah im 99% sure it's rotator cuff.
I took a few weeks from hitting weights for chest and shoulders. I did a bunch of pushups everyday for that time. It seemed to really help me.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I took a few weeks from hitting weights for chest and shoulders. I did a bunch of pushups everyday for that time. It seemed to really help me.
I did actually take 6 weeks off from all upper body work but maybe it wasn't enough :/

I'm going to keep trying to do stretching and mobility with it.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Well well well... I watched the video on creatine absorbtion in water.

Im blown away!!!

I mixed 10g with warm water, stirred for about 30secs, left it a minute or so.... Drank it, completely absorbed!!!!

Also i was noticing that my stomach felt a little upset after drinking it, not today. It explains in the article i read that if its not dissolved in water correctly, it can lead to stomach issues. so I've fixed that too :)

Anyway todays workout-

Legs & Arms-

Legs-

Squats-

I haven't gone heavy for quite a while now in dead or squats, haven't been focussing on powerlifting reps as much, so today was a shock lol.

10mins of dynamic and static stretching to begin with..

Bar x 20
135x 10
225x 8
315x 2
350x 1
405x 1 (failed) Was very annoyed at myself for this. Ah well, time to get back onto strength training.
315x 6

Leg ext-

110x failure (4 sets)
110x failure, into 50x failure (2 sets).... CRAZY PUMP!

Leg press-

Stack x 5 (2 set)
Half stack x failure (2 sets)
Quarter stack x failure to finish. (1 set)

Lying Ham curls-

110x failure, into 50x failure (4 sets)

SLDL's-

225x 12 (4 sets)

BOUNS: Deadlifts-

225x 5
315 x8
405 x 4
440x 2 (this felt stupidly heavy which was annoying also. Ive pulled 500x2 before.)

Arms-

All supersets, I've been enjoying doing this recently :)

EZ bar curls into Skull crushers-

70x failure curls, into 70x failure (SK) (4 sets)
110x failure curls, into 70x failure (SK) (2 sets)

Hammers curls into Tate press-

45x failure hammers, into 45x failure Tate (4 sets)

My hands were getting sweaty, makes Tate Press stupidly hard.

Reverse Curls into CGBP-

35x failure Reverse, into 135x failure CGBP (3 sets)
35x failure Reverse, into 180x failure (2 sets)

Preacher curls into Dips (machine)-

70x failure curls, into 110x failure dips (I can do the entire stack but love the pump and cont. with the lower weight) (4 sets)

So thats it for today. Felt I had more energy and also more endurance than normal... Perhaps its already taking effect? :)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you don't do anything over a period of time you aren't going to retain that strength. As for round two, I'm impressed you did what you did after leg pressing and curling to failure. That had to take a toll.

I gotta check out that article. For years I've been pre-making all my drinks because I wake up so early, but I remember in the very beginning having to go to the bathroom immediately after taking Creatine, every time. Interesting.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
If you don't do anything over a period of time you aren't going to retain that strength. As for round two, I'm impressed you did what you did after leg pressing and curling to failure. That had to take a toll. I gotta check out that article. For years I've been pre-making all my drinks because I wake up so early, but I remember in the very beginning having to go to the bathroom immediately after taking Creatine, every time. Interesting.
Yeah man of course... I partially expected it. Just still a shock lol.

Yeah it wasn't easy haha.

I'm so amazed at how well it dissolved and say with my stomach!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Learned something today..........Oh That's Right..That is why I'm here!

Now I need some Creatine !

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
im glad I could help you mofos out! ive been doing this for about 10 yrs now. now u know why they used to recommend 20 g a day lol

just think.... how many grams I parachuted back in the day yerp.... just throw a teaspoon in the mouf and wash it down with some water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just throw a teaspoon in the mouf and wash it down with some water. ....................YUCK !!!!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well it doesn't have any taste, but it does kinda feel like sand

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very interesting indeed about warm water / creatine.. gotta try that.

Crushed that workout man.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys!!!

Yeah, learn something new everyday :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
how long are you letting it dissolve? there is a great video on will brinks site where he talks about getting the most of your creatine.
you should stir it until its completely in solution. this will greatly reduce any of the grit you are drinking. basicaaly stir it until there is nothing swirling at the bottom of the glass, then drink it.
Now that I know the best way to take it ..Can you send me a tub ??