Here's the getting my Nerve Restore(d)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Here's the getting my Nerve Restore(d)


    First, I need to send a huge thank you to Dsade for allowing me to try this out. A little background on why I wanted to try this out. In undergrad, I was heavily into MMA for 5 years. After undergrad ended and grad school began, I slowly began to stop training. The fire was still inside of me (and it sparks every now and then), but I could seldom make it to practice and I needed to find something else to fulfill my athletic endeavors. Luckily, there was a group of powerlifters that rented out a space in my old MMA gym and it was an instant segue for me.

    However, it has not been the easiest thing physically. I haven't had anything major in terms of injuries, but there have been many, many sprains and strains along the way. Right now, my two biggest problems are my right AC and my lower back. It is primarily my quadratus lumborum in my back that is tight and it causes my hips to be uneven.

    So far, I've taken the product twice and it's obviously too early to tell anything outside of that I tolerate it well in terms of my GI. I will also be adding in some Eviscerate on my chest, arms, and shoulders once my tattoo heals completely.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys



  2. In.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  3. 2/26

    Sumo
    325x2x8

    Hack Squats
    225x10x4

    Rolling Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises
    BWx15x4/BWx15x4

    I haven't felt well the past couple of days and my energy levels were quite low today. The lumbar was a little tight, but nothing too bad. My speed wasn't bad on the pulls and my main goal was to just get in some work and extra bloodflow.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  4. I tried the Eviscerate for the first time in awhile to my abs and I forgot how much of a kick the capsaicin has.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  5. I'm in
    Black Lion Representative
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to

  6. 2/28

    Incline DB Press
    85x10x3

    HS Pronated Row
    145x12x4

    DB Pullovers/Prone Rear Fly
    55x12x3/40x12x3

    Hammer Curl/Side Laterals
    45x12x2/30x12x2

    Holy burn, Batman. The Eviscerate had me feeling like I was sweating fire along my entire upper body. I've used the cap roll-on many times and it felt about the same while I was sweating it out.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  7. 3/2

    Squat (w/ 46 Ace Briefs and 54 Ace suit)
    515x2
    545x2x3

    Walking DB Lunges/DB Shrugs
    50x20x3/90x15x3

    Rollouts/Planks
    BWx10x2/30x2

    It took me a bit to lock in on the day, but I am noticing some big things already. Number one is my kinesthetic awareness was much better today than it has been in a long time. I could feel my hips go into external rotation easier on my squats and it helped my speed immensely, which has been a hit or miss for me since October-ish. Secondly, my M-M connection was vastly improved. It wasn't so much present on the squats as that is not the goal, but I could (finally) feel the contraction during my shrugs. I've been having issues for years with my right shoulder and I have been unable to bench more than a handful of times in months. Part of this reason is that my ability to stabilize my scapula is compromised right now and I haven't been able to feel my upper traps contracting during shrugs. Today, that changed and I was able to feel the contraction on each rep. I'm really hoping this is where I start to turn the corner towards benching again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  8. 3/2

    Squat (w/ 46 Ace Briefs and 54 Ace suit)
    515x2
    545x2x3

    Walking DB Lunges/DB Shrugs
    50x20x3/90x15x3

    Rollouts/Planks
    BWx10x2/30x2

    It took me a bit to lock in on the day, but I am noticing some big things already. Number one is my kinesthetic awareness was much better today than it has been in a long time. I could feel my hips go into external rotation easier on my squats and it helped my speed immensely, which has been a hit or miss for me since October-ish. Secondly, my M-M connection was vastly improved. It wasn't so much present on the squats as that is not the goal, but I could (finally) feel the contraction during my shrugs. I've been having issues for years with my right shoulder and I have been unable to bench more than a handful of times in months. Part of this reason is that my ability to stabilize my scapula is compromised right now and I haven't been able to feel my upper traps contracting during shrugs. Today, that changed and I was able to feel the contraction on each rep. I'm really hoping this is where I start to turn the corner towards benching again.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    3/2

    Squat (w/ 46 Ace Briefs and 54 Ace suit)
    515x2
    545x2x3

    Walking DB Lunges/DB Shrugs
    50x20x3/90x15x3

    Rollouts/Planks
    BWx10x2/30x2

    It took me a bit to lock in on the day, but I am noticing some big things already. Number one is my kinesthetic awareness was much better today than it has been in a long time. I could feel my hips go into external rotation easier on my squats and it helped my speed immensely, which has been a hit or miss for me since October-ish. Secondly, my M-M connection was vastly improved. It wasn't so much present on the squats as that is not the goal, but I could (finally) feel the contraction during my shrugs. I've been having issues for years with my right shoulder and I have been unable to bench more than a handful of times in months. Part of this reason is that my ability to stabilize my scapula is compromised right now and I haven't been able to feel my upper traps contracting during shrugs. Today, that changed and I was able to feel the contraction on each rep. I'm really hoping this is where I start to turn the corner towards benching again.
    I don't think you're the only one that struggles with proper scapular movement. With all the exercises that pull down on the lats (e.g., deads, pull ups, etc.), upward scapular rotation is definitely hindered. I've been adding in some specific movements (like landmine press) to help with my shoulder/scapular issues.
    EvoMuse

  10. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I don't think you're the only one that struggles with proper scapular movement. With all the exercises that pull down on the lats (e.g., deads, pull ups, etc.), upward scapular rotation is definitely hindered. I've been adding in some specific movements (like landmine press) to help with my shoulder/scapular issues.
    It's a newer issue for me as, until recently, I have always had great thoracic mobility. However, I've been unable to contract and hold my upper back in the appropriate positions for each lift.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  11. Here I am...
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It's a newer issue for me as, until recently, I have always had great thoracic mobility. However, I've been unable to contract and hold my upper back in the appropriate positions for each lift.
    Ahh, got it. I really like Eric Cressey's take on shoulder/thoracic mobility. I've been implementing a series of exercises prior to my workouts to improve those issues.
    EvoMuse

  13. 3/3

    OHP
    135x6
    145x6x2
    145x10

    Meadows Row
    90x10x3
    115x10

    Suspended BW Row/Pullaparts (monster mini)
    BWx10x3/10x3

    Cambered Curl/Tate Press
    85x12x3/40x12x3

    I woke up with something I haven't had in ages: soreness in my upper traps. I was able to successfully work an almost "dead" muscle in terms of M-M connection. I have also been having issues with feeling my right lat contract (due to the tight supraspinatus) and I noticed an improvement in connection. It is by no means where it needs to be or has been in the past, but any improvement is progress on getting the area back to where it needs to be.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  14. Subbed, another highly innovative and outside the box supplement from Matt P. Very interested in your feedback.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    3/3 OHP 135x6 145x6x2 145x10 Meadows Row 90x10x3 115x10 Suspended BW Row/Pullaparts (monster mini) BWx10x3/10x3 Cambered Curl/Tate Press 85x12x3/40x12x3 I woke up with something I haven't had in ages: soreness in my upper traps. I was able to successfully work an almost "dead" muscle in terms of M-M connection. I have also been having issues with feeling my right lat contract (due to the tight supraspinatus) and I noticed an improvement in connection. It is by no means where it needs to be or has been in the past, but any improvement is progress on getting the area back to where it needs to be.
    What other modalities are you using (alongside Nerve Restore) to help with the issue?
    EvoMuse

  16. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    What other modalities are you using (alongside Nerve Restore) to help with the issue?
    MFR with different instruments (Rumble Roller, PVC, baseball, Beastie) along with Eric Cressey scapula/shoulder mobility.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  17. This is such an interesting product. Following along for sure.

  18. sub'd
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

  19. Late to the party, but in for some fine reading!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    MFR with different instruments (Rumble Roller, PVC, baseball, Beastie) along with Eric Cressey scapula/shoulder mobility.
    That's a nice game plan. I've been practically making love to a lacrosse ball to loosen up my psoas.
    EvoMuse

  21. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    That's a nice game plan. I've been practically making love to a lacrosse ball to loosen up my psoas.
    *sore ass
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    First, I need to send a huge thank you to Dsade for allowing me to try this out. A little background on why I wanted to try this out. In undergrad, I was heavily into MMA for 5 years. After undergrad ended and grad school began, I slowly began to stop training. The fire was still inside of me (and it sparks every now and then), but I could seldom make it to practice and I needed to find something else to fulfill my athletic endeavors. Luckily, there was a group of powerlifters that rented out a space in my old MMA gym and it was an instant segue for me.

    However, it has not been the easiest thing physically. I haven't had anything major in terms of injuries, but there have been many, many sprains and strains along the way. Right now, my two biggest problems are my right AC and my lower back. It is primarily my quadratus lumborum in my back that is tight and it causes my hips to be uneven.

    So far, I've taken the product twice and it's obviously too early to tell anything outside of that I tolerate it well in terms of my GI. I will also be adding in some Eviscerate on my chest, arms, and shoulders once my tattoo heals completely.
    Flawless will heal that tatt right up in a few days!

  23. 3/5

    Sumo (w/ 46 Ace briefs) +80# chain
    365x2x7

    Hack Squat
    315x8x2
    315x12

    DB Shrugs/Standing Band Crunches (average)
    90x15x2/15x3

    Uni Hypers
    BWx10x3

    M-M is still improving on the shrugs and also the uni hyperextensions. Speed on sumo was very good and I'm noticing less rest between sets. However, sweating out the Eviscerate was quite painful during sumo, but I sure as hell did keep a tight posture.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  24. 3/7

    Wide Incline
    135x10x5

    HS Row (neutral)/Pullaparts (monster mini)
    145x10x4/15x4

    Prone Rear Fly/Pullovers
    40x10x4/50x10x4

    Cambered Curls/Side Lateral
    75x10x3/30x10x3

    Blast Strap Tri Ex/Band Facepulls/Band Pressdowns (light)
    BWx10x2/20x2/20x2

    Shoulder was cranky as hell yesterday and I could never get comfortable on the incline so I did extra TUT and pauses. It was the first time I've done the extensions on the straps in awhile and they're just as tough as I remember. The position at the top didn't irritate my shoulder so I'm hoping to implement some push-ups on them to get in some extra pressing.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  25. 3/9

    Squat
    415x2
    465x0

    DB Shrugs
    95x15x4

    Prone Incline Shrugs/Pullaparts (mini)
    70x15x3/15x3

    Today freaking sucked. I pulled my hamstring near the medial insertion on 415 and thought it was just a cramp at first, but it was more than that. Even getting into a lunge position later in the session irritated the area. Training has been maddeningly inconsistent lately as I'll have 2-3 great sessions and then an absolutely awful session.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  26. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    3/9 Squat 415x2 465x0 DB Shrugs 95x15x4 Prone Incline Shrugs/Pullaparts (mini) 70x15x3/15x3 Today freaking sucked. I pulled my hamstring near the medial insertion on 415 and thought it was just a cramp at first, but it was more than that. Even getting into a lunge position later in the session irritated the area. Training has been maddeningly inconsistent lately as I'll have 2-3 great sessions and then an absolutely awful session.
    Ah, Rodja! I feel for you. You can look at the injury a couple of ways. This may be a change up that will get you away from the inconsistency. Yes, rehab is never fun, but a step back may get you back on your track.
    EvoMuse
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Little late to the party, but just wanted to sub. I'll read back and catch up on things this evening.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  28. Damn, bud. How's the hammy feeling today?
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  29. Cranky and tender. It's been a ****ty training year so far.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  30. ****ing sucks. I'm having Graston done tomorrow for my shoulder. I'll let ya know how it works for the ol' AC.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  31. I've done some self-Graston with a butter knife and lotion. It definitely helps to break up the junk in the area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  32. That sounds terrible.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've done some self-Graston with a butter knife and lotion. It definitely helps to break up the junk in the area.
    That sounds like a story of one wild night...
    EvoMuse

  34. The area was very bruised, but it didn't hurt that much during the technique itself.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  35. In for this ride!
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

    Recoverbro

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I've done some self-Graston with a butter knife and lotion. It definitely helps to break up the junk in the area.
    Did you think it improved your areas? I have a good friend who is regularly treated with Graston and swears by it.

    I really hope that hammy improves R.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Did you think it improved your areas? I have a good friend who is regularly treated with Graston and swears by it. I really hope that hammy improves R.
    I haven't done it enough to really give it any sort of solid feedback. I did, however, notice that the fascia in the area was smoother (for lack of a better word).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Okay, all caught up.

    Really sorry to hear about the hamstring, man. That truly sucks (especially when you think it's just a cramp and then try to push through it to realize it was certainly more than that). Hoping it will heal quickly for you.

    Glad to hear that the M&M connection is improving for you. This is one area that would be very interesting for me to see if I could improve it more. I know in my first few years, I was just moving things and then that's when it finally kicked in as an awareness where I can feel every single contraction; if something is off only by mere millimeters, etc. But just like your hip imbalance, I have one as well, that has led to a slight imbalance in my shoulders/upper back and also my legs, obviously. So on some of my work, I won't feel the contractions in the lats that I should. I've been lucky to have no real injuries, but that imbalance is something that has really bothered me because of the M&M connection -- because I can tell just how slightly everything is off.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep
  39. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    And just because none of you touched this (shame on all of you!) :

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Here I am...
    ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  40. 3/11

    OHP
    150x6x2
    150x9

    HS Row (pronated)
    145x10x4

    Blast Strap Inverted Row/Pullaparts (mini)
    BWx10x3/20x3

    Cambered Curls/Blast Strap Tri Extension
    75x12/BWx12
    85x10x2/BW+15x10

    Side Laterals/DB Curls
    30x15/40x10
    30x15/40x8

    I've made the decision to not even test the shoulder with anything except for OHP and incline DB. I came to this decision when I attempted a push-up on the straps and it felt like the the joint was about to sheer off. I may add in some HS pressing since I need to still have pec work beyond some incline. Another thing I noticed, which was odd, was that my right bicep was unable to keep up with my left bicep on the DB curls. I've been working out some junk in the area and I hope that corrects the issue.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My version of the get shredded diet
    By jjschube in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:27 PM
  2. Getting my weak ass back to the gym! Rile me on!!
    By Random181 in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
  3. How The F*** Do I Heal My Nerves??
    By GOTSPEED in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 08:06 PM
  4. How do I get my stamina up at the gym???
    By INFLUENCER in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 09:31 PM
  5. How the heck do I get my ARMS to grow?!
    By Irish Cannon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Log in
Log in