Here's the getting my Nerve Restore(d)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's the AC feeling like with it? Good to go?? Glad to see some benching in here again. Been ages.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the AC feeling like with it? Good to go?? Glad to see some benching in here again. Been ages.
I'm a little shaky after the liftoff and I really have to let the bar settle. After that, it's mainly reestablishing my technique to maintain tightness. I feel some discomfort in the joint when I lose said tightness.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/13 Squat

Squat
600x2
650x1
690x1 (reverse light band)

Ab Wheel/Planks
BWx10x3/30x3

I haven't had this much weight on my back in a LONG time. In all truthfulness, the last set looked like garbage. The unrack was better than I expected, but my knees shot forward from keeping my torso too upright instead of sitting back into the suit. I'm happy that my squat has started moving up again after about a year of stagnation.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't had this much weight on my back in a LONG time. In all truthfulness, the last set looked like garbage. The unrack was better than I expected, but my knees shot forward from keeping my torso too upright instead of sitting back into the suit. I'm happy that my squat has started moving up again after about a year of stagnation.
That's what I like to read.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4/13 Squat

Squat
600x2
650x1
690x1 (reverse light band)

Ab Wheel/Planks
BWx10x3/30x3

That is some serious **** right there! NICE!

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looked good. 690 unrack was even better than 650. I agree with you on just being a little upright. IME it seems that adding bands really exposes any little misgroove.

EDIT: Only other thing I could think of is to lead with the back out of the hole.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/15

OHP
170x5
140x12
140x11

BB Rows
225x10
245x10
245x10+4

Incline DB Press (w/ Fat Gripz)
65x10
70x10
75x10

HS High Row
100x10
110x6x3

Cambered Curls/Side Laterals
85x10x2/35x10
85x10+5/35x15

Rolling DB Ex/Pullaparts (monster mini)
35x15x2/20x2

Absolutely exhausted after this. Did some extra volume and kicked up the intensity on some lifts as well. Adding in the FG killed my forearms and helped a bit with the contractions and stability in the shoulder. I hope I'm close to benching regularly.

image-588896868.jpg

Some breakfast for dinner:
Mint chocolate pancakes (made with Andes mints)
5 eggs
4 strips bacon
2 links of sausage

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/16

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace brief)
415x2x5 (+80# chain)

Unilateral Leg Press
360x15x3

DB Shrugs/Hypers/Band Crunches (average)/Planks
90x15x2/BW+45x15x2/20/35x2
100x10-drop-75x15/BW+45x15/20/39

I was flat as hell today. I was half asleep walking into the gym and it didn't really get any better. I had brain fog more than just fatigue. Bar speed was a little meh on the sets and I was having issues with positioning and centration. To at least get in some good work, I decided to turn the ancillaries into conditioning work. I'm really able to get some really good contractions in my traps and erectors again, which is a great sign of potential for improvement in my numbers.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/18 Bench

Bench
225x5x2 1-board
245x5x2 2-board
275x5 (Ram)
295x3 (Ram)

HS Pronated Row
170x12x3

Meadows Row
90x12x3

Tate Press/Pullparts (monster mini)
40x15/20
50x10x2/20x2

Hammer Curls/Side Laterals/Rear Laterals
50x10x2/35x10x2/30x10x2

Bench numbers are climbing and aren't too far off from previous numbers. As a result of the layoff, the pec is a little tight, but that'll fix itself relatively quickly. I do need to work on my technique and speed, which I expected. Other than that, everything is going along nicely. PRs will be broken very soon.

domore

Awards
Dang, Rodja. I've been busy, so I've missed the last two pages of updates....that squat and pull....something serious!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/21 Lower

DE Box Squat (low-bar, 1" above parallel)
295x2x6

SLDL
315x8x3

Walking DB Lunges
50x20x2

DB Side Bends
80x10
90x10
100x10

For S&G's ,I popped 12.5mg ephedrine with ~1.25 scoops of Alphamine pre-training and I was freaking flying. I knocked out the entire session including warming up in just a bit over an hour. Speed felt great and my hips are still feeling great thanks to ELDOA.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I popped 12.5mg ephedrine with ~1.25 scoops of Alphamine pre-training
Wow. This guy's got juevos, and I'm not talking chickens. Good, solid session.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/22

OHP
170x5
145x11

Kroc Row
145x15 (+2 over last week)

Incline DB Press (w/ Fat Gripz)
65x10
75x10x3

Lat Pulldowns
200x10x2
220x8

Cambered Curls/Pullaparts (monster mini)
95x10x2/20x2
95x10-drop-75x8/20

Pressdowns/Side Laterals
100x15x2/35x15x2

You know, sometimes I'm an idiot and get off-track. Looking back at my old training, I've noticed that I get stronger and maintain health when I have a high amount of shoulder volume. None of it is heavy outside of the OHP, but the amount of overall work done increases mass and, ergo, stability of the joint. Not coincidentally, I've been getting healthier and stronger since I've started blasting my delts 2x/week.

domore

Awards
4/22 OHP 170x5 145x11 Kroc Row 145x15 (+2 over last week) Incline DB Press (w/ Fat Gripz) 65x10 75x10x3 Lat Pulldowns 200x10x2 220x8 Cambered Curls/Pullaparts (monster mini) 95x10x2/20x2 95x10-drop-75x8/20 Pressdowns/Side Laterals 100x15x2/35x15x2 You know, sometimes I'm an idiot and get off-track. Looking back at my old training, I've noticed that I get stronger and maintain health when I have a high amount of shoulder volume. None of it is heavy outside of the OHP, but the amount of overall work done increases mass and, ergo, stability of the joint. Not coincidentally, I've been getting healthier and stronger since I've started blasting my delts 2x/week.
I had to back off from OHP, snatching, etc. For the time being, I've been hitting landline presses hard and starting to hit kettlebell bottoms up press.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/23

Sumo

Pallof Press (light)
10x3

Donkey Calf Raises/BW Calf Raises
360x15x3/20x3

This was a LONG time coming. I've had the strength for it sans my grip for awhile, but it all came together today.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the milestone pull, you've earned it and then some.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice **** Rodj! Like seeing that bar bend.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/25

Bench
225x5 1-board
245x5 1-board
Add Ram
275x3
315x1
Add Shirt to 2-board
365x2
405x2
425x2
455x1x2

HS Row
145x10x4

Blast Strap Tri Ex/Band Pulldowns (light)
BWx10/15
BWx10/12
BWx10/8

Pullaparts (light)
12x3

Lateral Complex
20x6x3

Today was almost like being in a shirt for the first time again. I had good strength on the lifts, but speed and tightness were an issue (no ****). I'm not able to fully retract the scapula and it effected my ability to stay right in the lats after the liftoff. It'll come in time, though.

I wrote 3 specific goals for this year:
705 squat
501 bench
601 deadlift

So far, I've hit the 601 pull. Granted, I should've gotten that **** a year ago, but better later then never. Squats are moving up and I'll be giving 700 a whirl straps up in a month or so. I'm giving myself 2 months of shirt work before I'm getting back to my old numbers.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AC hold up under the pressure? And those goals will set be there by your meet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AC hold up under the pressure? And those goals will sed be there by your meet.
Yeah, I had someone assess the affected area and they pretty much told me it's a ****ing mess in there. There was an issue with the entire RC complex in some form or fashion and that I needed to work out tons of adhesions in area. It's slowly coming along.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No flies on those numbers first time back in a shirt right after pulling 6. Once your body gets used to the load again, you're gonna have some fun. Well, as much fun as you can have benching in a shirt.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No flies on those numbers first time back in a shirt right after pulling 6. Once your body gets used to the load again, you're gonna have some fun. Well, as much fun as you can have benching in a shirt.
On that note, I should say I'm covered in icepacks right now. Right AC, lumbar, right hip, and left elbow are beat up from that big ass jump in load.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On that note, I should say I'm covered in icepacks right now. Right AC, lumbar, right hip, and left elbow are beat up from that big ass jump in load.
Ha, two ways to go about making the jump. You definitely took my preferred route: Put it all back on the bar the first time out.

domore

Awards
4/25 Bench 225x5 1-board 245x5 1-board Add Ram 275x3 315x1 Add Shirt to 2-board 365x2 405x2 425x2 455x1x2 HS Row 145x10x4 Blast Strap Tri Ex/Band Pulldowns (light) BWx10/15 BWx10/12 BWx10/8 Pullaparts (light) 12x3 Lateral Complex 20x6x3 Today was almost like being in a shirt for the first time again. I had good strength on the lifts, but speed and tightness were an issue (no ****). I'm not able to fully retract the scapula and it effected my ability to stay right in the lats after the liftoff. It'll come in time, though. I wrote 3 specific goals for this year: 705 squat 501 bench 601 deadlift So far, I've hit the 601 pull. Granted, I should've gotten that **** a year ago, but better later then never. Squats are moving up and I'll be giving 700 a whirl straps up in a month or so. I'm giving myself 2 months of shirt work before I'm getting back to my old numbers.
Dang, son! Those numbers!

Is that your total goal, too?

domore

Awards
Total goal is elite at 200, which is 1875. Probably going to be in the neighborhood of 744/512/633
Boss Hoss.

That's really impressive, Rodja. What is your meet schedule this year?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Poking my nose into the log here....given Rodja's extremely ambitious numbers, we are going to change the log and get him on a stack of MyoSynergy and Nerve Restore.

Our goal is to get him to where he wants to be no later than July.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Poking my nose into the log here....given Rodja's extremely ambitious numbers, we are going to change the log and get him on a stack of MyoSynergy and Nerve Restore.

Our goal is to get him to where he wants to be no later than July.
send some MyoSynergy to NP so I can make my order complete please Matt ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4/27

Hack Squat
225x10x2
315x8x2

Hypers/Band Standing Crunches (average)/Hanging Leg Raises
BW+45x15x3/20x3/BWx10x3

Unrack was much, much better than my last effort with this weight, but did straps up this time. It didn't feel like 100% either despite some technical flaws out of the hole.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beast!

I hate you at the same time though lol Good work man. You've made an awesome comeback through the injuries.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast! I hate you at the same time though lol Good work man. You've made an awesome comeback through the injuries.
It's been a hell of a stretch getting back to where I can train again. I'll never be at full health, which I accept, as it's part of the game. I do have to make a better effort on mobility work to avoid this from happening again.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whew. Scared me. Thought you were gonna go get all skinny and whatnot.

And I say white light's. You dip below parallel real quick. Questionable with a dick judge maybe.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whew. Scared me. Thought you were gonna go get all skinny and whatnot. And I say white light's. You dip below parallel real quick. Questionable with a dick judge maybe.
As much as I'd like to do 198, I can't see it happening without a big dip in strength. I'm hanging around 220-222 and am slowly trying to recomp. My fear is that my gear is already really, really tight and don't want to get much bigger, especially in the thighs.