ABE-EP-DPOL- LizKing shreds to summer

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Eats for the last couple days –

    Tuesday - Cals: 2265 P: 216 F: 67 C: 198
    Wednesday – Cals: 2486 P: 175 F: 101 C: 210


    Cardio this morning – 50 minutes LISS

    No weigh-in today, as the battery in my scale crapped out. Away from outside stresses, libido is definitely rocking… Feeling leaner & the mirror seems to show a bit more each day. It feels like @2400 cals is the ticket for me, at least so far. I’m tempted to drop a bit lower – thinking the best angle might just be dropping to @2K on cardio days, keeping @2400 on training days. I feel hungry all the time, but I don’t have the rest of the hunger symptoms – irritability, foggy head, etc. – I feel like I’m getting plenty of fuel, just not quite enough to satiate. I like how this is going.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html


  2. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Eats for the last couple days –

    Tuesday - Cals: 2265 P: 216 F: 67 C: 198
    Wednesday – Cals: 2486 P: 175 F: 101 C: 210


    Cardio this morning – 50 minutes LISS

    No weigh-in today, as the battery in my scale crapped out. Away from outside stresses, libido is definitely rocking… Feeling leaner & the mirror seems to show a bit more each day. It feels like @2400 cals is the ticket for me, at least so far. I’m tempted to drop a bit lower – thinking the best angle might just be dropping to @2K on cardio days, keeping @2400 on training days. I feel hungry all the time, but I don’t have the rest of the hunger symptoms – irritability, foggy head, etc. – I feel like I’m getting plenty of fuel, just not quite enough to satiate. I like how this is going.
    Stupid batteries

    Libido is always high for me also when combining ABE + EP. Sometimes a good and a bad thing haha. If you didn't want to drop more calories on cardio days only, you could just drop the carbs a bit. I usually try to keep carbs at a lower number on non training days. Good to know everything is going good though
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Stupid batteries

    Libido is always high for me also when combining ABE + EP. Sometimes a good and a bad thing haha. If you didn't want to drop more calories on cardio days only, you could just drop the carbs a bit. I usually try to keep carbs at a lower number on non training days. Good to know everything is going good though
    Libido definitely sky rockets when on this combo, especially with daa in the mix. The lowering the carb idea is a sure shot way to quick results. Just make sure to get enough protein.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  4. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Libido definitely sky rockets when on this combo, especially with daa in the mix. The lowering the carb idea is a sure shot way to quick results. Just make sure to get enough protein.
    True that

  5. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    If you didn't want to drop more calories on cardio days only, you could just drop the carbs a bit. I usually try to keep carbs at a lower number on non training days.
    You read my mind man! Today I dropped the obvious carbs (like breakfast granola or snack bars at work, etc) - knocking off a couple hundred cals & few carbs -

    Yeah - everything's rocking! I'm tempted to take an update pic, but I think I'll save that for the halfway mark (4weeks) so I can appreciate the transformation a bit more
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Libido definitely sky rockets when on this combo, especially with daa in the mix. The lowering the carb idea is a sure shot way to quick results. Just make sure to get enough protein.
    I'll definitely be working on cycling my carbs a bit better, especially as I get adjusted to the hunger associated with ABE - being able to work my food a bit better will be the icing on the cake The toughest thing for me is good protein inside my macros - keeping away from drinking too many shakes if I can help it
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    I'll definitely be working on cycling my carbs a bit better, especially as I get adjusted to the hunger associated with ABE - being able to work my food a bit better will be the icing on the cake The toughest thing for me is good protein inside my macros - keeping away from drinking too many shakes if I can help it
    Are you meaning like taking protein to go like at work or just in general?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Are you meaning like taking protein to go like at work or just in general?
    Just in general - basically slacking on good choices earlier in the day - making up a huge batch of biscuits & gravy a week or so ago had my macros thrown off for a few days...lol

    Shakes are easy, although I try to only drink one, maybe 2 a day. Some days a third will sneak in in the evening if I haven't had enough protein earlier in the day, but would rather get there via whole food.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Just in general - basically slacking on good choices earlier in the day - making up a huge batch of biscuits & gravy a week or so ago had my macros thrown off for a few days...lol

    Shakes are easy, although I try to only drink one, maybe 2 a day. Some days a third will sneak in in the evening if I haven't had enough protein earlier in the day, but would rather get there via whole food.
    My main protein choice are: chicken, tuna, lean red meat, turkey/turkey burgers, sh!t load of eggs, greek yogurt, cottage chesse, and fish. I have 1-2 shakes a day but I do use protein powder quite a bit to add to my foods such as oats, greek yogurt, cottage chesse, protein pancakes for example.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    My main protein choice are: chicken, tuna, lean red meat, turkey/turkey burgers, sh!t load of eggs, greek yogurt, cottage chesse, and fish. I have 1-2 shakes a day but I do use protein powder quite a bit to add to my foods such as oats, greek yogurt, cottage chesse, protein pancakes for example.
    I totally hear ya on the eggs! I go thru several dozen a week - luckily my wife works with a couple folks that raise chickens.

    My main protein choices: eggs, chicken, beef (lean local grass-fed), venison (wife works in a rural township-and her cowokers are generous), greek yogurt, & fish. I love cured meats like salami, etc, but the fat can get a little out of hand. I was doing cottage cheese, but the wife doesn't eat it (sticks to greek yogurt), so I would always end up throwing some away just from spoilage. I'll have to pick some up on sale.

    I think just getting in the habit of regularly logging via phone, etc will help a ton. Up til now I would log my food for a week or so, then a cheat meal or 2 would throw me off & I'd more or less give up logging... I felt like that the week I would log gave me at least a ballpark idea of where I was at, but getting a little more detailed is definitely showing serious potential.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    I totally hear ya on the eggs! I go thru several dozen a week - luckily my wife works with a couple folks that raise chickens.

    My main protein choices: eggs, chicken, beef (lean local grass-fed), venison (wife works in a rural township-and her cowokers are generous), greek yogurt, & fish. I love cured meats like salami, etc, but the fat can get a little out of hand. I was doing cottage cheese, but the wife doesn't eat it (sticks to greek yogurt), so I would always end up throwing some away just from spoilage. I'll have to pick some up on sale.

    I think just getting in the habit of regularly logging via phone, etc will help a ton. Up til now I would log my food for a week or so, then a cheat meal or 2 would throw me off & I'd more or less give up logging... I felt like that the week I would log gave me at least a ballpark idea of where I was at, but getting a little more detailed is definitely showing serious potential.
    I wish I had some chickens to raise haha.

    Logging food has always helped me also. After a while of eating the same foods and everything you start to know what the macros are in your head. Seems like you have a lot of great protein choices though.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    I wish I had some chickens to raise haha.

    Logging food has always helped me also. After a while of eating the same foods and everything you start to know what the macros are in your head. Seems like you have a lot of great protein choices though.
    Yeah, getting better at my logging will definitely be a help. I haven't felt too far out from my nutrition goals, just getting everything dialed in tighter.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  13. Eats from yesterday: Cals: 2325 P: 193 F: 68 C: 200 (did good on keeping carbs low, until we went out for dinner…–this Mediterranean place by my house is excellent- lamb shanks & a rice dish that was super tasty….couldn’t resist)

    Weight- 178
    PWO – RecoverPro (1), Supp-D (1), Swoll-N (3), D-Pol (1)

    Deadlift – 135x5, 225x5, 295x5, 345x1, 375xF, 365xF, 345x2, 325x3

    Superset
    B. Split Squat – 35x10, 35x10, 35x10
    Shrugs – 225x10, 225x10, 225x10

    Dimel DL – 135x10, 155x10, 175x10
    Pull-Thru – 30x10, 40x10, 50x10

    Total Time: 55min

    Nerves have been running high, caught up in prepping for tonight’s show … I was a bit out of focus, didn’t sleep all that well last night. Decent workout, although my DL was a little off – couldn’t really get focused on going after it. I’m suspecting after today, things will come back around to normal – this being a new show & tonight being the opening… I’m not really “nervous” but my mind is definitely caught up in running thru setlists, managing props & music, etc. A lot of behind the scenes work goes into performing
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  14. Great updates in this log Liz. That meal you had that spiked your carbs sounds delicious!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  15. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Great updates in this log Liz. That meal you had that spiked your carbs sounds delicious!
    Thanks man!

    Yeah, it's a little hole-in-the-wall Mediterranean place. Oh those lamb shanks are amazing! Tried to pick the whole shank up by the bone & the meat just fell off onto the plate.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  16. Updates from the weekend – Apart from wearing me out, the circus show went off without a hitch! Everyone (including the audience  ) had a great time! Since I felt like I earned it, Saturday was a cheat day – smoked roe, stinky cheeses, fancy chocolate. I ended up having a few more drinks than I expected, but when the wife is in a drinking mood, I must oblige…lol. To my surprise, woke up looking leaning & then smashed an awesome shoulder workout – everything was feeling top notch. A kinda blah cardio session this morning, but otherwise still feeling great…

    4/13/13 – 174lbs

    Superset
    Decline – 135x10, 185x10, 205x10, 225x7, 245x3, 260x1
    Weighted Chins – BWx10, 10x10, 20x10, 30x9, 40x6, 50x4

    Superset
    Dips (BW) – 12, 12, 12, 12
    Wide Pull-Ups (BW) – 10, 10, 10, 10

    Time: 52min

    4/14/13
    Superset
    Shoulder Ext. Stretch 20, 20, 20
    External rotation: 15x15, 20x10-ds>10x20
    L-lat raise: 15x15, 20x10-ds>10x20

    Superset
    Lying Shoulder Press: 10x15, 15x10-ds>10x20
    Rope row: 40x10,40x10-ds>20x20

    Arnold Press: 35x12, 35x12, 35x12
    Vert Dissociation DB/cable x reps: 35/40x10, 35/40x10, 35/40x10

    Total Time: 50 min

    4/15/13
    LISS – 45min - Treadmill Mod. Pace


    Eats:
    Friday: Cals: 2805 P: 136 F: 121 C: 194
    Saturday: Cals: 3980 P: 144 F: 117 C: 289
    Sunday: Cals: 2547 P: 179 F: 105 C: 116
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  17. Knocked out some front squats & good mornings today – I’ll have to check my book again to be sure, but the heavy sets were PRs for weight. I felt like I was feeling weak at the start, but the log seems to show otherwise. Possibly allergies, or reduced cals/carbs the day before, not sure exactly but something was off.

    Food for Monday: Cals: 2355 P: 184 F: 102 C: 109

    Weight – 178

    Superset
    Front Squat – 135x10, 155x10, 175x7, 185x3-ds>135x8
    Good Morning – 135x10, 155x10, 175x7, 185x5-ds>135x10

    Superset
    Lying Hamstring Curls – 100x10, 115x5, 125x2-ds>75x15
    BB Calf Raise (on elevated plate) – 205x20, 205x20, 205x20

    A2G Squat – 205x5->135x15

    Total Time – 57min
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  18. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Goals:
    Shred my way to summer! I have never been closer to those ever elusive 6-pack abs – now is the time… It’s almost performance season, not to mention pool season. Giving myself 8 weeks to cut some fat (but not at the expense of all my strength though). I’d also like to get better at keeping track of my food intake – I’ll keep meticulous notes at times & eat clean pretty consistently, but then blow that all out of the water with an undocumented cheat meal.

    After this 8-weeks, I will reevaluate & possibly begin Wendler’s 5/3/1. I really want to start that program being very lean (along with some more nutrition experience to go along with it).

    I’ve ran Anabeta OG, but this is my first shot at the Elite & EP DPOL stack. I’m starting this log a couple days into this stack, but early enough that nothing is really going yet.

    Coming back from my deload week/vacation, I was surprised that my first workout I hit the same numbers for deads that I did before break. Today’s decline bench was a 2 part PR- Hit 265x3 then 275 x1 – previous best was 260x2

    Supplements:
    Current: Anabeta Elite, Erase Pro, D-Pol powder-Custard Crème, Forskolin 95 (week 9-12)

    Staples: Orange Triad, Fish Oil, Creatine (postworkout), Protein Powder, BCAAs

    Preworkouts: Supp-D, Condense, Prodigy, Swoll-N, Hemavol – I like to mix & match these, make new combinations

    Other Randoms: HGHPro, 3Z, Alphamine (cardio days or afternoon at work)

    These might get added further down the line or after this stack: Vanillean, Shift, ALA

    Training Split:
    I hand write my log in a spiral notebook. Over time I got into the habit of swapping an exercise with each completed page, so now I have a couple variations I can go thru. I don’t like to deadlift heavy too often in a short time, so that works out as hitting deads on each page turn equals about 2-3 times per month. Dedicated shoulder days are fairly new to my program – rehab an old annoyance plus strengthen up for the long-haul. Cardio is thrown in as it fits in.

    Days progress as follows: A (lower), B (upper), C (shoulders), Rest ->

    Starting Pics & Training Session notes to come -

    Sweet stack dude! RE your shoulder injury, have you tried shoulder dislocates for (p)rehab? I had a roatator cuff/labrum injury awhile back, and those were really integral in getting it back to 100%. I found them on a DC workout site.

    Best,
    Tyler

  19. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Sweet stack dude! RE your shoulder injury, have you tried shoulder dislocates for (p)rehab? I had a roatator cuff/labrum injury awhile back, and those were really integral in getting it back to 100%. I found them on a DC workout site.

    Best,
    Tyler
    Yeah - this stack has been treating me very kindly so far & it's just getting started


    I'll give those a try tomorrow (incline bench day)
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  20. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Yeah - this stack has been treating me very kindly so far & it's just getting started


    I'll give those a try tomorrow (incline bench day)

    Good idea, but make sure to do them after your workout and not before. I made that mistake once; had no strength left for the actual workout haha.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Good idea, but make sure to do them after your workout and not before. I made that mistake once; had no strength left for the actual workout haha.
    Good call - I tried those & they are pretty tough on my shoulders (in a good way) - thanks for the tip!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  22. Short & sweet today – didn’t get to sleep last night until late, was sluggish getting out of bed… I hammered my main lifts & went on with my morning. I’ve been having issues with lifting my butt on inclines, so my numbers were a bit lower as I was focusing quite a bit more on proper form. Very slow to start, but wide OHP was feeling pretty great. My strength levels honestly make feel more like I’m cutting than recomping. I might take an extra rest day this week, we’ll wait & see.

    Yesterday’s Eats: Cals: 2660 P: 244 F: 97 C: 187

    Weight – 177

    Superset
    Incline Bench 135x10, 155x10, 165x8, 175x4, 185x3-ds>135x10
    BB Row 110x10, 130x10, 140x10, 150x10, 160x4-ds>110x10

    Superset
    Wide OHP 85x10, 95x10, 155x4
    Weighted Chins 30x10, 40x8, 50x6, 60x4

    Total Time – 50min
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  23. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Good call - I tried those & they are pretty tough on my shoulders (in a good way) - thanks for the tip!
    Glad you liked them! I don't know if they contribute to muscle growth, but judging by how sore and pumped my shoulders are after doing a set of 50, they definitely can't hurt. Man, reading your post makes me realize that I forgot to do them yesterday after BJJ, so thank YOU for reminding me! I consider them to be the single most important shoulder (p)rehab exercise after trying so many on my road to recovery (although they could use a better name...most people hear the name "shoulder dislocates" and immediately dismiss them as dangerous).

  24. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Glad you liked them! I don't know if they contribute to muscle growth, but judging by how sore and pumped my shoulders are after doing a set of 50, they definitely can't hurt. Man, reading your post makes me realize that I forgot to do them yesterday after BJJ, so thank YOU for reminding me! I consider them to be the single most important shoulder (p)rehab exercise after trying so many on my road to recovery (although they could use a better name...most people hear the name "shoulder dislocates" and immediately dismiss them as dangerous).
    They definitely work out the full ROM. My performance work taxes the shoulders quite a bit & this exercise hits a lot of the range I normally have trouble finding ways to work on.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  25. Updates from yesterday & today – I’m blaming it on the Guiness the night before, but I couldn’t make myself get up yesterday, so I hit shoulders in the evening. Hit a couple PRs – always welcome. Dropped out my normal rest day today & hit squats instead, as I will be traveling over the weekend & will miss a day. Moved up in weight & reps on this morning’s Front Squats & Good Morning combo. I had been feeling weaker the past couple days, but it seems to be turning around now. The first few sets would be tortuously tough, but things would finally get going ½ way or so thru my routine - kinda weird. I’m amazed at the leaning up that I’ve been seeing in the mirror. Lower ab fat is still hanging on (albeit reduced), upper abs are way more noticeable. All the nitrates combined with ABE are definitely giving a wicked pump lately.

    Food #
    Wednesday
    Cals: 2866 P: 204 F: 86 C:150
    Thursday
    Cals: 2319 P: 181 F:85 C:140


    4/18/13
    Weight – 177 (pm)

    Superset
    Shoulder Ext. Stretch 20, 20, 20
    External rotation: 15x15, 20x10, 20x12
    L-lat raise: 15x15, 20x10, 20x12

    Superset
    Lying Shoulder Press: 15x10, 10x10, 10x12
    Rope row: 30x15,40x10, 40x12

    Arnold Press: 35x10, 40x10, 40x12
    Vert Dissociation DB/cable x reps: 40/45x10, 40/45x10, 40/45x10

    Total Time: 55 min


    4/19/13
    Weight – 176

    Superset
    Front Squat – 135x10, 155x10, 175x7, 185x4, 195x3
    Good Morning – 135x10, 155x10, 175x7, 185x4, 195x3

    Superset
    Lying Hamstring Curls – 90x12, 100x9, 110x3. 110x3
    BB Calf Raise (on elevated plate) – 205x20, 205x20, 205x20

    A2G Squat – 205x6->145x10

    Total Time – 56min
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Shredded by summer cont'd. Iparatroop goes from fat to fit.
    By iparatroop in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1132
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 09:55 PM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
  4. On The Road To Summer Leanness (HDrol++ Cutting Log)
    By OnTheRoadTo in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM
  5. Spring to Summer Cycle ideas and questions
    By PumpingIron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Log in
Log in