Montego1's Condense AND Muscle Marinade PWO Log

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys wanted to start out by saying thanks to Colin and the rest of the Purus Labs team for choosing me to log a couple of their products.

As related in the title I will be using both Condense (Melonberry Cooler) and Muscle Marinade (Cherry Limeade) throughout this log.

A little info about myself to start tho. 27 years old, 6'0 215lbs about 10% bf. Training since I was in highschool but have been on and off the wagon quite a few times. The last three years Ive really started to focus myself more and have seen great results sofar.

Im currently using a FST-7 training program and have loved it since I started two months ago. I go with 90 seconds of rest between sets other then FST-7 where i limit myself to 30 seconds of rest and alternate between flexing and streting during rest periods. Sooo my program looks like this.

Back -

High Inverted Row 3x10
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns 4x10
Reverse Grip Pulldowns 4x10
T-Bar Rows 4x10
Barbell Reverse Grip Bent Over Row 4x10
Deadlifts 4x10
Straight Arm Push Down 7x10

Chest/Quads -

Dumbell Incline Press 4x10
Flat Bench Press 4x10
Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press 3x10
Hammer Strength Decline Chest Press 3x10
Cable Cross Overs 7x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
Squats 3x10
Leg Press 7x10

Shoulders/Traps -

Dumbell Shoulder Press 4x10
Dumbell Front Raise 4x10
Barbell Upright Row 4x 10
Dumbell Lateral Raises 7x10
Dumbell Bent Over Rear Delt Raise 4x10
Barbell Shrug 4x10
Dumbell Overhead Shoulder Flys 4x10
Reverse Machine Flys 7x10

Triceps/Biceps/Hamstrings -

Standing Cable Overhead Triceps Extension 4x10
Close Grip Bench Press 4x10
Weighted Dips 4x10
Triceps Rope Pushdowns 7x10
Barbell Curls 4x10
Hammer Curls 4x10
Preacher Curls 4x10
High Cable Curls 7x10
Lying Leg Press 3x10
Straight Leg Dumbell Deadlifts 3x10
Seated Leg Curl 7x10

I alternate Calves and Abs every day also.

My current Marcos and such arnt very strict. I always try to stay within my marks but when your family isnt as in tuned with healthy eating (we have 3 kids) its tuff to hit them sometimes. BUT what I shoot for is...

3100 Calories
360g Protein
125-175g Carbs
>100g fat

Other Supplements I will be taking while logging -

Fish Oil
Orange Triad
Glutamine 10g a day
Protein Powder
Karbolic Post Workout
Forged Joint Repair

SOOO my plan for the goodies cause thats what this is all about isnt it :)

1 scoop Muscle Marinade 20 mins pre-workout
1 scoop Condense 10 mins pre-workout

I will stick with one scoop of Condense for a couple days to see how the pumps go but will probably bump it up cause I love da pumps :p

I hope to see good things from this stack. I normally workout on minimum caloric intake mid-morning so a good stim bump is a must.

Hold on to your seats ladys and gentleman cause this is gonna be an aweosme ride. START TOMORROW!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for some marinaded meat

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great to have ya!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here and accounted for! Love me some Muscle Marinade and just tried Condense Sour Apple flavor. Had a nice workout with this. Although it is a lot of caffeine at once.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here and accounted for! Love me some Muscle Marinade and just tried Condense Sour Apple flavor. Had a nice workout with this. Although it is a lot of caffeine at once.
Awesome brother! This thread just got a lot smarter with u here :p I'm a stim junkie so that 400mg caffeine buzz is what I likes.

in for the knowledge, solid looking program you have man.
Thanks! Love the program so far. Glad you're here for the ride.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In bro!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hell yea I'm in!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
NICE! Got some heavy hitters joining for sure.

Can't do a log without the big AB boiiiiiii!
Haha right! Get it brother! PRs and Pumps

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
400 mg of caffeine? Holy fock. I'd be fkn geeked. Any crash after that?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
400 mg of caffeine? Holy fock. I'd be fkn geeked. Any crash after that?
I've been using two scoops focus Xt, 200mg phenylpiractem and a scoop and a half of craze and that puts me right where I wanna be lately. Also I havnt used 1,3 in a while. Should be intense.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So for a quick review before I go destroy these boulder shoulders.

Muscle Marinade

Smell - 9/10

Had an awesome smell in the tub and after mixing it smelled just like watermelon. Had my mouth watering!

Mixability - 7-10

Quick shake in the shaker bottle mixed up most of the poweder in one swipe. Let it stand a nother few seconds and shook pretty hard for another few seconds. Only some very small particles were left over but thats expected with anything that isnt toatly micronized. Not really grainy when I drank it though so thats a big plus.

Taste - 7/10

Had a decent flavor. Nothing mind blowing but I dont care about taste that much anyways. A little bit of an aftertaste but it wasnt chemical was more fruity. Overall a good tasting pre.

Condense

Smell - 9/10

Again another great smell when opend. Not as strong as the MM but still very good.

Mixability - 8/10

This mixed INSTANTLY. There was absolutely zero sediment after the first vigorus shake. The only thing I noticed was there was quite a bit of foam on top but after a couple of swirls the foam subsided to a minimum. One of the best mixing products ive ever seen.

Taste - 10/10

Ive never gave ANY supplement a perfect score on taste but Ill be damned if Purus didnt nail this one. By far the smoothest tasting supplement I have ever had. No aftertaste and it was similar to drinking Modern BCAA as far as the smoothness went. The flavor was nice and subtle. A home run right here guys.

So now its off to the Land of Steel to grow.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Nice :-D great initial review

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So here are the lifts from my shoulder session today - Dumbell lifts are weight per arm. Barbell/shrugs are total weight.

Exercise Name
Lifting Logs
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Set 1: 90.0x12
Set 2: 100.0x12
Set 3: 105.0x10
Set 4: 115.0x8

Dumbbell Front Raise
Set 1: 55.0x10
Set 2: 60.0x10
Set 3: 60.0x10
Set 4: 65.0x8

Barbell Up Right Row
Set 1: 135.0x10
Set 2: 140.0x10
Set 3: 155.0x9
Set 4: 155.0x8

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Set 1: 25.0x10
Set 2: 25.0x10
Set 3: 25.0x10
Set 4: 30.0x10
Set 5: 30.0x10
Set 6: 30.0x9
Set 7: 30.0x9

Dumbbell Bent Over Delt Fly’s
Set 1: 65.0x12
Set 2: 65.0x10
Set 3: 65.0x10
Set 4: 65.0x9

Hammer Strength Shrug
Set 1: 450.0x10
Set 2: 500.0x10
Set 3: 550.0x10
Set 4: 550.0x10

Dumbbell Overhead Shoulder Fly’s
Set 1: 25.0x12
Set 2: 30.0x10
Set 3: 30.0x10
Set 4: 30.0x11

Reverse Machine Flyes
Set 1: 140.0x10
Set 2: 140.0x10
Set 3: 140.0x10
Set 4: 140.0x10
Set 5: 140.0x10
Set 6: 140.0x10
Set 7: 140.0x10

5 sets of 20 on Donky Calf Raise at 400lbs
5 sets of 20 on Seated Calf Press at 300lbs per leg
I took Muscle Marinade 20 mins pre workout and Condense 10 min pre workout. Next time I will probably take both 15 mins pre because stims hit me really quick and by the time I took the 5 min drive to the gym I already had a slight bit of the shakes from the 1,3.

Energy - 9/10

Like I said I had a bit of shakieness when I got to the gym but it wasnt anything outrageous. For the first 10-15 mins I was also a bit flush from the Beta-Alanine but it subsided eventually. After the first 20 mins of my stretches/warmups the shakieness had died down quite a bit and I was more energized then geeked out. The energy stayed pretty consistant throughout the session with no mid-workout crash even tho shoulder day is one of my longest and most strenuous sessions.

Focus - 7/10

Focus was pretty good. After the initial 20 mins where I was a bit spazzed out, I calmed down and was able to quit pacing around between sets and take the time to focus on my next lift. This is a very important part of my program esp on heavy lifts. I find if I calm myself between sets and focus on the next set when going heavy I have much better form and muscle contractions.

Strength - 9/10

Strength was great. Alot of people associate strength with energy but I seem to be able to tell the two apart most of the time. With alot of energy I can pump out the reps with heavy weight but my form is lacking. Not in this case. I was able to go pretty heavy and keep my form tight throughout even the heaviest lifts.

Endurance - 9-10

Stayed pretty consistant throughout even after the heavy shrugs. Also like before no mid-workout crash like some other 1,3 products ive taken.

Pumps - 6/10

I was kinda dissapointed here. I normally have bigtime pumps with veins poppin in my traps and delts during shoulder day but I didnt see much today. I felt really FULL but vascularity wasnt really there. I could tell there was extra blood rushing in my shoulders but I just couldnt see it like normal. (Next session I'm going to bump the Condense to two scoops and see if this changes.)

Overall - 8/10

Overall I had a great session. Besides the pumps not being quite what I expected it was a great day. Im very excited to see what an extra scoop of Condense does and hopefully the caffeine wont be too much.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man it is gonna get a bit wild with 2 scoops of CONDENSE That bumps the Caffeine up to close to a 700, 400 from the CONDENSE alone. I have been doing 2/3 scoop of MM and 1.5 scoops of CONDENSE the last week and have really enjoyed it. Not vascular but I am cutting and am really flat due to extremely low carbs. I will say my stamina has impressed me so the CONDENSE is definitely keeping the ATP energy system stoked. Big shout out to PURUS Labs for some quality products!

By the way I still LOVE the Cherry Limeade flavor MM.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
The pumps will build up my friend just watch ;-)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man it is gonna get a bit wild with 2 scoops of CONDENSE That bumps the Caffeine up to close to a 700, 400 from the CONDENSE alone. I have been doing 2/3 scoop of MM and 1.5 scoops of CONDENSE the last week and have really enjoyed it. Not vascular but I am cutting and am really flat due to extremely low carbs. I will say my stamina has impressed me so the CONDENSE is definitely keeping the ATP energy system stoked. Big shout out to PURUS Labs for some quality products!

By the way I still LOVE the Cherry Limeade flavor MM.
Yeah I got the cherry limeade flavor and love it. I'm with you on the caffeine tho. Hope it's not overkill. We will find out soon!

The pumps will build up my friend just watch ;-)
That's what I'm hoping for!

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Yeah I got the cherry limeade flavor and love it. I'm with you on the caffeine tho. Hope it's not overkill. We will find out soon!

That's what I'm hoping for!
Or a $2 crack rock would be about the same

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Condense apple crisp is the best tasting pre but the melonberry sucks lol it's crazy they can be so different regardless that damn apple crisp is TASTY!!!!!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condense apple crisp is the best tasting pre but the melonberry sucks lol it's crazy they can be so different regardless that damn apple crisp is TASTY!!!!!
They sent me the melon condense and I think its pretty amazing lol.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
No you don't have to take it on non workout days. You can replace it with coffee or an energy drink tho

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Oh it does... You will be fine dosing workout days only tho

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks again big fella!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am liking what I am seeing so far.I wasn't a Melon fan at first because I love the apple so much lol but it has grown on me and I like it as well! This is why you have different flavors for things though. Good job so far and definitely watch caffeine intake through the day MM+Condense = 500mg plus 80mg 1,3 is pretty stout haha

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I'm glad I'm not in y'alls way at the gym when you're geeked out on enough caffeine and pump for a small village!
but I'd love to see some vid of you flying around the weight room. It must be like watching in fast forward. Haha. Keep killing it brother.

PS is vascularity like the pictures I see in the ads?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am liking what I am seeing so far.I wasn't a Melon fan at first because I love the apple so much lol but it has grown on me and I like it as well! This is why you have different flavors for things though. Good job so far and definitely watch caffeine intake through the day MM+Condense = 500mg plus 80mg 1,3 is pretty stout haha
Thanks! Will be watching the caffeine during the day on lifting days for sure.

I'm glad I'm not in y'alls way at the gym when you're geeked out on enough caffeine and pump for a small village!
but I'd love to see some vid of you flying around the weight room. It must be like watching in fast forward. Haha. Keep killing it brother.

PS is vascularity like the pictures I see in the ads?
actually fly around the weight room with a cape saving all the poor souls who think they can get that last rep an have to trump the bar :) Dare I say it? ..... Iron Man? Lol. And as far as vascularity goes the first day I didn't have much but the muscles felt really hard and full. Big AB says it will build tho. Stoked to see what the next session brings.

Check out my log of Purus Labs Condense and Muscle Marinade here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223463

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff pretty excited I get to try our new beta MAX PUMP for the first time this weekend. Pretty Pumped about that too.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
subd

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lmao jk carry on :)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well todays training session was one of those days where it seemed like everything was going against me. Was a Bi's/Tri's/Ham's day. I started throwing Hams in with arms cause on leg days doing quads and hams both was a bit too much.

20mins Pre-Workout

3/4 Scoop Muscle Marinade
2 Scoops Condense

I think I found my sweet spot on the doses. I didnt get the shakes today but energy seemed better then the last session where I was a bit geeked out. Pumps are improving also. Still feel very full and dense but vascularity is still a bit down. Endurance was ok but ill elaborate a bit more in a minute. Log of today -

Exercise Name
Lifting Logs
Cable Standing Triceps Extension
Set 1: 110.0x15
Set 2: 120.0x15
Set 3: 130.0x11
Set 4: 130.0x10

Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 205.0x10
Set 2: 205.0x10
Set 3: 225.0x10
Set 4: 185.0x8

Dip
Set 1: 0.0x15
Set 2: 0.0x12
Set 3: 0.0x12
Set 4: 0.0x12

Triceps Pushdown - Rope
Set 1: 70.0x10
Set 2: 70.0x10
Set 3: 70.0x10
Set 4: 70.0x10
Set 5: 70.0x10
Set 6: 70.0x10
Set 7: 80.0x10

Barbell Curl
Set 1: 80.0x10
Set 2: 80.0x13
Set 3: 80.0x12
Set 4: 80.0x10

Hammer Curls
Set 1: 50.0x10
Set 2: 55.0x10
Set 3: 55.0x10

Preacher Curl
Set 2: 95.0x10
Set 3: 110.0x8
Set 4: 130.0x5

High Cable Curl
Set 1: 90.0x10
Set 2: 100.0x10
Set 3: 100.0x10
Set 4: 100.0x10
Set 5: 100.0x10
Set 6: 100.0x10
Set 7: 90.0x10

Lying Leg Curls
Set 2: 135.0x10
Set 3: 135.0x10
Set 4: 135.0x10

Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift
Set 1: 170.0x10
Set 2: 180.0x10
Set 3: 200.0x10
Set 4: 200.0x10

I stretched and warmed up like normal today. Little bit of foam rolling. Light warmup sets. Heavy Stretching.
Overhead cable extensions were great and had no problems but when I hit Close Grip Bench, my second set I felt my right shoulder tweak. Stretched it out a bit and moved weight up to 225 and completed the set but had some serious discomfort so I backed off and worked in 3 second negatives at 185. I also normally do weighted dips with 45-90 lbs but the shoulder tweak made these uncomfortable as well so I just stuck to body weight.

Finished Bi's with no problem. Pump was great and had plenty of endurance and strong contrations esp on FST-7 sets. But then we move over to Hams. Ive had knee surgery on my right knee twice. Torn miniscus both times so when I hit legs it all depends on how my knee holds up to how heavy or how much volume I do. Today the knee wasnt having it lol. Didnt do the FST-7 seated leg curls cause I was in a bit of pain. Been to the DR. a few times to have it checked out again but its mainly scar tissue and inflimation.

I had great energy and great focus from the MM and Condense but I just wasnt able to utilize it fully. Pumps were good and seem better then last session so Im happy about that also. Chest Or Back day tomorrow depending on how the knee feels in the morning.

metallic1

metallic1

Awards
for a bad day, that looks like a pretty stellar workout man, 46 sets with some pretty stout weight bro. def respect, hope the knee feels better.
my right shoulder buggs me sometimes, only when i do my first few sets of squats, believe it or not., its from the behind the shoulder grip, feels like im bien twisted into a pretzel or something, then it goes away when i get warmed up

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for a bad day, that looks like a pretty stellar workout man, 46 sets with some pretty stout weight bro. def respect, hope the knee feels better.
my right shoulder buggs me sometimes, only when i do my first few sets of squats, believe it or not., its from the behind the shoulder grip, feels like im bien twisted into a pretzel or something, then it goes away when i get warmed up
Thanks man. Yeah it was a decent day but could have been better. Knee was screaming on the deads and leg curls so I had to go light. Ever tried front squats? Some guys have shoulders that make standard squats uncomfortable and fronts are a good alternative.

Check out my log of Purus Labs Condense and Muscle Marinade here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223463

metallic1

metallic1

Awards
yes, i do front squats, and goblet squats with dumbells, usually a hi rep,-warmup exersize for me., nothing feels like a bar sittin on the traps though!
as long as the shoulder agrees that day.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Well todays training session was one of those days where it seemed like everything was going against me. Was a Bi's/Tri's/Ham's day. I started throwing Hams in with arms cause on leg days doing quads and hams both was a bit too much.

20mins Pre-Workout

3/4 Scoop Muscle Marinade
2 Scoops Condense

I think I found my sweet spot on the doses. I didnt get the shakes today but energy seemed better then the last session where I was a bit geeked out. Pumps are improving also. Still feel very full and dense but vascularity is still a bit down. Endurance was ok but ill elaborate a bit more in a minute. Log of today -

Exercise Name
Lifting Logs
Cable Standing Triceps Extension
Set 1: 110.0x15
Set 2: 120.0x15
Set 3: 130.0x11
Set 4: 130.0x10
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Set 1: 205.0x10
Set 2: 205.0x10
Set 3: 225.0x10
Set 4: 185.0x8
Dip
Set 1: 0.0x15
Set 2: 0.0x12
Set 3: 0.0x12
Set 4: 0.0x12
Triceps Pushdown - Rope
Set 2: 70.0x10
Set 3: 70.0x10
Set 4: 70.0x10
Set 5: 70.0x10
Set 6: 70.0x10
Set 7: 80.0x10
Barbell Curl
Set 1: 80.0x10
Set 2: 80.0x13
Set 3: 80.0x12
Set 4: 80.0x10
Hammer Curls
Set 1: 50.0x10
Set 2: 55.0x10
Set 3: 55.0x10
Preacher Curl
Set 2: 95.0x10
Set 3: 110.0x8
Set 4: 130.0x5
High Cable Curl
Set 1: 90.0x10
Set 2: 100.0x10
Set 3: 100.0x10
Set 4: 100.0x10
Set 5: 100.0x10
Set 6: 100.0x10
Set 7: 90.0x10
Lying Leg Curls
Set 2: 135.0x10
Set 3: 135.0x10
Set 4: 135.0x10
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift
Set 1: 170.0x10
Set 2: 180.0x10
Set 3: 200.0x10
Set 4: 200.0x10

I stretched and warmed up like normal today. Little bit of foam rolling. Light warmup sets. Heavy Stretching.
Overhead cable extensions were great and had no problems but when I hit Close Grip Bench, my second set I felt my right shoulder tweak. Stretched it out a bit and moved weight up to 225 and completed the set but had some serious discomfort so I backed off and worked in 3 second negatives at 185. I also normally do weighted dips with 45-90 lbs but the shoulder tweak made these uncomfortable as well so I just stuck to body weight.

Finished Bi's with no problem. Pump was great and had plenty of endurance and strong contrations esp on FST-7 sets. But then we move over to Hams. Ive had knee surgery on my right knee twice. Torn miniscus both times so when I hit legs it all depends on how my knee holds up to how heavy or how much volume I do. Today the knee wasnt having it lol. Didnt do the FST-7 seated leg curls cause I was in a bit of pain. Been to the DR. a few times to have it checked out again but its mainly scar tissue and inflimation.

I had great energy and great focus from the MM and Condense but I just wasnt able to utilize it fully. Pumps were good and seem better then last session so Im happy about that also. Chest Or Back day tomorrow depending on how the knee feels in the morning.
What happened to this post?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Muscle Marinade is straight up BOY! Ain't no Sally.