Montego1's Condense AND Muscle Marinade PWO Log

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Looks like the GD advertisement!!! Finally!!
but with your Carb ups, hit it harder. Bread, pretzels, ice cream, whatever. It takes about 4-5 days to deplete glycogen so Carb up and then force more down as a midnight snatch.
I'm reading the Carb nite solution and he talks alot about this

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought maybe overtraining was caussing the carb cravings due to low energy.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I thought maybe overtraining was caussing the carb cravings due to low energy.
Very possibly yes. But could just be your volume and intensity of training demands more carbs. Think about it...you are "enhanced" and therefore blur your body's natural signs of telling you when to rest/stop/etc.
You can't necessarily up the demand without upping the supply.
Just some thoughts. Because I can totally understand the "empty" feeling

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lookin thick and vascular brother! Hell yea

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The ones about over training

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Very well could be. Are you on a low carb?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Normaly around 150g a day with a refeed once a week around 300.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
That's not to bad. I wouldn't think your overtraining. Believe it or not... Overtraining is pretty tough to do I'm finding out

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if AB says I'm good ill be hitting back today :)

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Well if AB says I'm good ill be hitting back today :)
Now everyone is different as well as each body part. You just gotta listen to yourself and see where the progress has slowed or where your sore.
When I.first started powerlifting... They worked me hard... I thought I was overtraining for sure but obviously isn't the case cuz I'm still growing haha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your carb metabolism may be ramping up. Snags used to be pretty carb sensitive and this past 6 months he finds that he goes flat with anything less than 300 grams per day. Try either increasing your refeed by about 200 grams or bump up your regular days about 50grams of carbs. Either way would be a good way to go. You are killing it bro and looking major vascular in those pics. Forearm veins are like ropes!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now everyone is different as well as each body part. You just gotta listen to yourself and see where the progress has slowed or where your sore.
When I.first started powerlifting... They worked me hard... I thought I was overtraining for sure but obviously isn't the case cuz I'm still growing haha
I think maybe a deload week might be in order possibly. Got any suggestions Kleen?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was another crap day. Just wasnt feeling it. I think I might be burnt out.

High Inverted Row
Set 1: 15
Set 2: 12
Set 3: 10

T Bar Row
Set 1: 225.0 x 10
Set 2: 235.0 x 9
Set 3: 235.0 x 8 Drop 180.0 x 8 Drop 135 x 8

Hammer Strength One Arm Row
Set 1: 180.0 x 10
Set 2: 225.0 x 10
Set 3: 225.0 x 10 Drop 180 x 10 Drop 135 x 10 Drop 90 x 12

Low Cable Row (3 second pause on contraction 3 second negative)
Set 1: 100.0x15
Set 2: 120.0x13
Set 3: 120.0x12
Set 4: 120.0x10

One Arm Dumbell Row
Set 1: 150.0's x 9
Set 2: 150.0's x 8
Set 3: 150.0's x 8

Skipped FST7 set and Deadlifts. Swapped some pulldowns for some extra rows cause I could tell from the start it wasnt going to be a very good day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, if you feel run down at all then take a deload week. It will definitely not hurt your progress. On top of that there are various types of deloads there are complete stops, cardio only, obviously these are when your body really needs to rest and recover, then there are more CNS type deloads where you work hard but not to failure with basically all things being machine based. The machines take a lot of the stress on the CNS out of the equation. Then there are the body weight exercise type deloads, couple sets of chins, push ups and body weight squats for reps. You could do an benefit from any of these methods. For right now I would look at machines and or some body weight calisthenics type thing 3 times a week during the deload. It really depends on what all you feel needs the time to recover. CNS only then do one of the 2 latter ones, if your entire body feels run down then just do some light cardio and stuff a few times during the week and the go back in the next week and smash it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah man if you are just feeling burnt out take a week or a few days minimum to allow yourself to recover. If you do the body weight or machine route push just to the point of working hard then stop. Nothing intense just enough to feel that you worked got blood into the muscle and stopped while you had plenty left in the tank.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome thanks for the advice man. I might go with some light cardio for the next few days and scale back the stims. Any Purus Rep gonna object even tho this IS a log about Muscle Marinade and Condense?

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
And remember, you get stronger when you recover, not when you lift.
Every couple months, I take about 3-4 days off completely, eat anything without hesitation and just live "like an average American"

But then that next couple days back I'm almost PRs and run it like a complete boss.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I can't imagine any problem with it you could always run the MM pre cardio makes for some killer cardio and lots of sweat. That will leave you a couple of double scoop doses of Condense too! ;)

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Stick to just morning "bed" cardio and some at night for a whole week.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always cut stims on a deload. When you go back to full workload your body is fresh and your stim tolerance is down a bit, always a win/win when you want to kill your first heavy day. I think it is a good choice, just keep us updated in your log until you go full steam again, and nobody should object.

Mobile post

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I always cut stims on a deload. When you go back to full workload your body is fresh and your stim tolerance is down a bit, always a win/win when you want to kill your first heavy day. I think it is a good choice, just keep us updated in your log until you go full steam again, and nobody should object.

Mobile post
Great idea here!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Mobile post
Alright will do sir. Sorry I had to screw the log but the body just isn't wanting to cooperate the last few days. I hate half assing anything and wouldn't want to short these great products at showing their potential. On another note....as burnt as I am I toatly attribute my great workouts earlier in the log to Muscle Marinade and Condense. They were undoubtably what's been pushing me through lately.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took toatly off today. No cardio or anything. Slept until 9am then took a nap from 2 to 545 :) great recovery day in the books.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm not sick but I sure need the rest lol

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Well I'm not sick but I sure need the rest lol
And feel GOOD about enforcing rest days. Don't feel bad like you 'skipped' a workout. You have to rebuild. I also took yesterday off, ate more than usual, dragged my arse around, slept well, and am all ready to hit the weights hard today. But I could also take this day off if I had to and be OK with it if I was run down.
Listen to your body. You won't get fat or weak with some days off.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I def feel like I'm slacking when I take days off that I normally go to the gym. Excited to see how the strength is when I get back in there tho. Should PROBABLY be Sunday.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldn't stand it lol. Hit the gym today after child support court hearing. When a blood sucking whore who gets 800 dollars a month from you in child support takes u to court to get MORE money it will drive u to lift! Log coming shortly.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn ya that will do it. Who knows though all that rest yesterday may have done the trick. So Jealous of the rest...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah the rest yesterday helped a ton. Went in today with some anger but kept myself in check for the most part. Went lighter then normal and focused a lot on contractions and pumps. Did some weak point training instead of my normal shoulder routine so had minimal pressing moves and weights thrown around.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

140 x 12
190 x 9
190 x 10 Drop 140 x 12 Drop 90 x 15

Dumbbell Front Raises

50's x 10
50's x 10
50's x 10 Drop 30's x 10 Drop 20's x 12

Dumbbell Lateral (raising dumbbell six inches from side)

40's x 10
40's x 10
40's x 10
40's x 10
50's x 10
50's x 9
50's x 8

Dumbbell bent over Laterals

35's x 12
35's x 11
35's x 10 Drop 20's x 12

Nautilus Seated Lateral Raise

70 x 18
90 x 15
90 x 15
110 x 12

Reverse Cable Flys

60 x 12
80 x 10
70 x 10
70 x 10
60 x 10
50 x 12

Six sets of donkey calf raise 445 x 15
Six sets of weighted cable crunches 120 x 15
Six sets of weighted cable side crunches 70 x 12

Felt really good and chose weights to hit reps but not go to failure. Had a great pump going after the first set and kept It well into my calves and abs. The rest yesterday seemed to help a lot and I should get a couple more days like that coming up due to work.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Off day today. Gonna keep my activity to a minimum and try to recoup as much as possible. Downing glutamine like no other :p

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Rest up

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About to hit the iron. Will try to post some pump pics. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh buddy!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Set 1 : 95.0's x 12
Set 2 : 110.0's x 10
Set 3 : 110.0's x 10
Set 4 : 110.0's x 8

Barbell Bench Press
Set 1 : 225.0x10
Set 2 : 245.0x9
Set 3 : 245.0x8
Set 4 : 275.0x6

Hammer Strength Incline Chest Press
Set 1 : 230.0x12
Set 2 : 280.0x9 (PR)
Set 3 : 280.0x8 Drop 180.0 x 10 Drop 140.0 x 12

Machine Inner Chest Press
Set 1 : 200.0x10
Set 2 : 200.0x9
Set 3 : 180.0x12

Cable Cross Over
Set 1 : 110.0x15
Set 2 : 110.0x15
Set 3 : 110.0x14
Set 4 : 110.0x13
Set 5 : 110.0x12
Set 6 : 120.0x10 (PR Reps)
Set 7 : 120.0x9

Pumps were off the chain! Strength was also through the roof and intensity was def there. This MM and Condense is really kicking serious ass!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah def helped a lot. Weighed in at 217 today. Not sure on bf but calipers say 11.5%. Might continue to bulk through summer instead of cut.

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
Oh yeah def helped a lot. Weighed in at 217 today. Not sure on bf but calipers say 11.5%. Might continue to bulk through summer instead of cut.
Your still pretty lean. Being shredded ia nice but bulking is more.fun

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah still half ass lean even tho I've done 0 cardio since last summer. This is a pic of last summer after a cut. Really flat on less then 30g of carbs a day for two months. Weight was 192. Also I've got some big-time lower belly side fat from being 300lbs for almost 8 years. Think I'll be much thicker if I cut this deep again.

Attachments

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lookin thick man and lean

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Body weight is not important to me. How you feel > anything else

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had some good rest yesterday. Going to kill the lats today. BIG BACK!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Get some! Haha back day tomorrow