PES Preworkout: ENHANCED - Initial Impression

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big thanks to Josh and all of the PES team for allowing me the opportunity to test out their up and coming preworkout: Enhanced. I'm hoping this review will give others an insight in to what they are in store for when they pick up a tub to try for themselves (and you'll what to do this... trust me!)

Prepare yourselves for a wall of text! There is a TL;DR at the bottom for those of you wanting the quick and dirty.

PES ENHANCED - INITIAL IMPRESSION

For all of you on AM that know me, one of my fortes has definitely been the preworkout. I've have tried countless ones before and I'm always willing to try the next best thing... and PES may have stumbled upon just exactly that. Previous preworkouts (so you know what I am basing Enhanced to) include, but are not limited to: NO-Xplod, Animal Rage, Animal Pump, NO-Xplod v2.0, Maximize v2, Maximize Intense (1,3D), Hemavol, SpeedX3, Origin, 1MR, C4, Ignite, (and so many little samples from last years Arnold Classic that I can't even keep track)...

Upon inspection of the initial sample baggie I was surprised at how small the amount of what I'm assuming is 2 servings will be. If PES can pack in the same amount of Enhanced powder into a bottle that is roughly the same size of Alphamine then I think we can look forward to quite a few servings prior to running out of this what will surely become a coveted preworkout for many.

INTO THE SHAKER IT GOES

The Enhanced preworkout samples I was given were uncolored... so have no fear to those of you out there that enjoy watching the water in their shaker cups turn interesting colors of oranges, pinks, and purples. I'm sure PES will have this hammered out for the release... but I wasn't concerned with the color! As soon as the Enhanced hit the top of the water it immediately sank and began to dissipate as it made its approach towards the bottom of my shaker cup. A quick 15 second vigorous shake sent the preworkout particles swimming and swirling while leaving a thick layer of fluffy bubbles at the top. This wasn't anything new to me... some preworkouts mix immediately while others like to foam up and then dissipate. I tied my shoes, and then grabbed the shaker bottle and continued shaking for another 30 seconds. After this was done the preworkout had dissolved itself into the water completely, leaving me with a homogenuous mix of slightly orange. Popped the top of my lid... and the good times were about to roll.

SATISFIED TASTEBUDS

15 seconds after shaking​

The flavor let me know that I was in for a treat. I didn't want to pound this beverage down because it just tasted so good! Being the first time associating myself with Enhanced I wanted to get all the tastes out of it like a fine wine and I mixed my first sample packet with 16oz of water... initially there was a fruity flavor. No blandless or chalkiness. It went down smooth and enjoyable. It was not too sweet and was very pleasing to the palette. There was a slight raspberry tang to it that went away after I swallowed it down... and there was a very nice and surprising aftertaste to it... very sweet that lingered for awhile after I downed the whole bottle. This was easily one of the most tasteful preworkouts I've ever had the pleasure of sampling. This will be one of those preworkouts that you will look forward to taking just as much as you look forward to getting into the gym and getting your workout on. The second sample packet I took with only 10oz. of water and I think this amount is really what let the flavor shine. It had a little tartness too it but it wasn't overbearing. The raspberry flavors definitely came through more with less water and again left a sweet aftertaste in my mouth. The only thing I can think of that compares to this delicious flavor would be one of those blue SweetTarts but with just a little less tanginess to it. The flavor was spot on. Not intense enough to make you shudder at drinking it but not too sweet to make you want to water it down. Bullseye.

Hardly any sedimentation after shaking... blends completely after another round of shaking​

THE WORKOUT BEGINS

One of my precursors to knowing that preworkout has kicked in is waiting to feel out the good ol' beta alanine tingles (parasthesia). These did not kick in which leads me to believe that they are no a part of this preworkout which is beneficial for those of us that either 1) don't take BA (at all or with preworkouts) and 2) don't like the BA tingles. The first thing I noticed with this preworkout was a mixture of things. The focus and energy came on first, and very slowly. It wasn't a sudden huge burst of energy that made me want to go insane and throw plates around without care for those around me. It was a much more gradual energy buildup that slowly built up upon itself. The further into the workout I got the more energy I seemed to attain. This was completely different than anything I've experienced before. The energy was smooth and even. No heart palpitations, increased work of breathing, flushing, or raise in body temperature. The further I pushed myself the more energy stores I seemed to unlock. Most of us will start to tire out towards the end of our workouts, or make excuses for not wanting to pump out those extra reps or do those finisher exercises. Enhanced had me WANTING to STAY in the gym. It was like the iron suddenly became an addiction. I had to feed that addiction by constantly keeping myself in motion. I had to lift more. I had to do another exercise. More sets. And a rep. You call that going to failure? Push harder. Squeeze that out. MOAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR! So the energy is huge. During straight bar bicep curls I managed to crank out 80 for sets of 8,8 and 12... the last time I did straight bar curls I could only do 70 for one set of 8! Its defintely more than just a caffeine burst and its much cleaner and it just keeps GOING. Enhanced will turn you into a freaking Energizer bunny in the gym and the only reason why I even left the gym was because my wife had to drag me out of there. I found myself pushing out more reps of heavier weight with more ease, and I required considerably less rest between sets. The only thing I could think about was to just keep going and working out.

Enhanced will turn you into THIS!​

And what about the focus? Imagine yourself sitting on a flat bench with a mirror in front of you. You have a hoodie on and the hoodie is up draped over your head. So you've blocked vision to your left and your right. When you look up into the mirror the only thing you can see is yourself and the weights. And all you want to do is DESTROY... EVERYTHING. The focus was extremely intense and, like the energy levels, slowly built itself up during my whole workout. Every single repetition had me talking to myself in my head to squeeze, stretch, push, go, go, go... its your own mental personal trainer.

I was told initially on receiving this samples that Enhanced was a pump product, and those are my favorites. I could take agmatine all day every day so I was interested to see how I would feel. Usually pumps don't come on for me until I'm deep into my workout and my muscles are screaming at me to give up. I was warming up doing some forearm exercises and when I was into my second set of wrist curls my forearms became stiff as boards. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't even technically IN to my workout yet! This effect transferred itself into the rest of my workout and reminded me of agmatine/nitrate pumps. I did some DB shoulder shrugs today with 100lb DBs and usually I'll get a pump that subsides a little later after I've moved on to another body part but Enhanced had my traps HURTING they were so pumped and they remained that way throught the rest of my workout. The best part about this though was how well this feeling stuck with me HOURS afterwards.

Vascularity: Noticeable. I have the usual veins that like to protrude out just from working out in general but Enhanced brought out some of the deeper veins that I don't see very often. The rise in vascularity coupled with the pump effect leaves one feeling very engorged and full. Like the pump factor, the vascularity lasted long after the workout was already done. It wasn't as noticeable as it was during time spent in the gym, but I did notice at work that some of the smaller, more superficial veins were still hanging around and in some places along my upper arms that I hadn't seen before.

Things to note: Most of the time when I'm in the middle of a workout in between set I'll find myself running over to the water fountain or taking a drink of whatever I've brought with me. This was not the case with Enhanced. At no point did I feel the need to even get a drink of water because for some reason my saliva production had increased. I noticed that I had a constant "wet mouth" type of feeling. Or perhaps I was just so focused on what I was doing that I didn't even consider the time to go and take a drink! Endurance is up, and recovery periods are down!

Post workout energy is ridiculous. Most preworkouts give you a steady stream of energy and then that energy either dithers down nicely or you crash. Enhanced did neither. Instead this energy came wake awake, alert, and energized HOURS after I was done in the gym. I work nightshift and usually I have to get a coffee or shoot some Mio Energy into some water a few times during the evening at work. I usually work out around 2-3PM... and I didn't feel the need for a pick me up until well into my shift... around 11-12PM. So I had a nice 8 hour stream of continuous energy.

Post workout also left me feeling very euphoric and my mood was elevated. This feeling dissipated after a few hours but it was a nice feeling to have that incorporated itself nicely into the other post-workout effects of Enhanced. Calm, cool, and relaxed.

TL;DR

Taste: Slightly sweet with a hint of raspberry tanginess. Delicious and easy to drink. 10oz. seems a good measure of water for Enhanced.
Pumps: On the level with agmatine/nitrate pumps... comes on quick and stays with you hours after your workout.
Focus: Intense. You will not want to be able to concentrate on anything else besides what is right in front of you. Mind muscle connection is fantastic.
Vascularity: Noticeable during workout, slightly tapers off afterwards but sticks around for awhile much like the pumps.
Energy: Slowly builds up and increases as you go deeper into your workout. Lasts hours postworkout. No crash.
Postworkout: Elevated mood.

The answer is YES. PES has done it again. Enhanced will be something that I'm sure a lot of you will consider to be your go-to preworkout... I very much enjoyed it and will be looking forward to its release. Wish I had more right NOW!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great feedback per usual DJ! Sounds like a winner and I'm jealous lol.

boogerboy

boogerboy

Awards
Nice review, I am waiting eagerly. I still havent tried Alphamine so that is up next. I have several pre-workouts in stock but I want to use Alphamine on a cut.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Nice review, I am waiting eagerly. I still havent tried Alphamine so that is up next. I have several pre-workouts in stock but I want to use Alphamine on a cut.
Let me know what you think I alphamine when you try it Boog (=

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback!

Funny I never noticed the foam because I always use a spoon. That's likely the Leucine nitrate

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This reminds me of the old DMAA buzz......

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My attention span didn't allow me to read through your entire review. From I was able to read though it sounds like it will be ok. I just hope no yohimbine/yohimbe or the ingredient that is in alphamine that freaks me out.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DJ - what would you compare the feel too? Something all new?

My attention span didn't allow me to read through your entire review. From I was able to read though it sounds like it will be ok. I just hope no yohimbine/yohimbe or the ingredient that is in alphamine that freaks me out.
I guess we will know how you like it after you receive your sample? Coming at you

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing review DJ! The detail is stellar as usual!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This reminds me of the old DMAA buzz......
I agree. This preworkout has the stylings of the old DMAA without the crash. It got better as time went on. I literally did not want to leave the gym.

Sorry for my long post T-Bone... I like to be extremely thorough :) I left the TL;DR section for people that didn't want to sit through that entire book I wrote!

DJ - what would you compare the feel too? Something all new?

I guess we will know how you like it after you receive your sample? Coming at you

Definitely something new at least in terms of the type of energy this preworkout gave me. I'm very used to energy spikes during workouts that subside afterwards, but nothing like what Enhanced did. The energy started slowly, rose throughout the workout, and stayed with me even after I was out of the gym for hours. That was a first. Focus came right along with the energy. The only thing that felt similar to things I've used in the past was the pump factor but they came on strong and lasted for a good while afterwards. All in all, feels like something new!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback!

Funny I never noticed the foam because I always use a spoon. That's likely the Leucine nitrate
Figured there was a solid dose of LN in it due to all the people noting the foam...nice.

Solid review man. Insane detail.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cool review. Is this stuff on sale not at unmentionable store. I want some today!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad you liked it. :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone who doesn't respond well to yohimbine can order the EU version of Alphamine from www.pescience.com.

PM me for details if this applies to you.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad you liked it. :)
It was great! Wish I had more already. Just tried Alphamine for the first time and I must say that Enhanced's flavor profile is on par with how delicious Alphamine is.

ToeRock

ToeRock

Awards
Damn! My review did not quite compare with that! I learned a few things about a review for sure. I LOVED this product. Great detail man, i'm learning from just reading yours.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn! My review did not quite compare with that! I learned a few things about a review for sure. I LOVED this product. Great detail man, i'm learning from just reading yours.
Thanks ToeRock! I just like to get as detailed as possible. Unfortunately that turns most of my reviews into novels lol but I like to cover all the bases.

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
Fantastic review, did you take any of your staples or anything else or just he enhanced by itself PWO?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quite a detailed review here. Cheers!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fantastic review, did you take any of your staples or anything else or just he enhanced by itself PWO?
Nope the only thing I took was Enhanced and the water I mixed it in. Since I work nights I will usually head straight to the gym once I wake up in the afternoon which leads me to train fasted. Enhanced worked all by itself.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Three weeks. The insiders will get the first updates.

www.pescience.com/insider

We have to keep telling people because even though we put this link in a lot of threads we always get asked the same questions. Make sure you sign up if you want the insider sales offers. :)

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJ gains more fans as he puts up another press worthy review in this issue of "The beanpole report". I thought I let the accolades roll in before I comment, as you already know I am a big fan of your work. Job well done sir, a job well done.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJ gains more fans as he puts up another press worthy review in this issue of "The beanpole report". I thought I let the accolades roll in before I comment, as you already know I am a big fan of your work. Job well done sir, a job well done.
Thanks FU :) reps when I get on my computer! I aim to please and deliver all the facts!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
So....the million dollar question: Where does this rate compared to all the other PWO's yo mention in post #1? Thanks

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very good detailed review for Enhanced I might have to look into this one when it comes out
but I still haven't tried Alphamine yet as a preworkout stim but I haven't gotten a sample of it
yet to try.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very good detailed review for Enhanced I might have to look into this one when it comes out
but I still haven't tried Alphamine yet as a preworkout stim but I haven't gotten a sample of it
yet to try.
With all the great feedback on Alphamine I wouldn't wait just for a sample.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So....the million dollar question: Where does this rate compared to all the other PWO's yo mention in post #1? Thanks
I was wondering if someone was going to ask me this :)!

There is only one problem with asking a question like that... my answer is going to be extremely subjective.

What I mean by that is the way one preworkout tastes to me it may taste completely different to you, or perhaps you just prefer a different flavor than I do. Maybe my favorite types of preworkouts are those aimed at achieving a great pump, which then puts the other preworkouts aimed at focus and energy on the backburner. As an example of this, a lot of people are obsessed with Craze, giving it high praise for the amount of focus it yields them in the gym and the intense mind-muscle connection they get with it. In my experience with Craze, the focus, which was very good, kicked in very early. Like as early as I was still driving in my car to the gym. And that focus/mind-muscle connection seemed to last maybe 20-30 minutes before it wore off. That led me to put Craze near the bottom of my list because 1) I didn't really get much from it in terms of focus 2) It wasn't a pump product and 3) the flavor was not the best. Now someone else who loves Craze will probably jump in and tell me that I'm completely wrong, that Craze is the preworkout that all other preworkouts strive to be, etc.

Now if you wanted me to compare to what I feel like it is with the other preworkouts I mentioned... that is a little easier to do.

- The focus in this preworkout is on par with what I felt when I logged SpeedX3. Intense. Laser focus. Tunnel vision.
- The pump factor/vascularity is on par with Maximize Intense/Hemavol. Not as good a pump as ArA+GMS, but better than just agmatine by itself.
- The energy from this preworkout far succeeds anything I've ever felt with any other preworkout before. Like I said it started off subtle, increased as time went on, and stays with you, crashless, hours after you are done at the gym. This is great for me because it means I don't need a coffee right when I get to work for the nightshift.
- The flavor is delicious. Just as good as Alphamine.

So what may be a good preworkout for me may differ completely for someone else. Enhanced suits me well... energy+pumps+focus+great flavor.
Hope this at least helped answer your question!

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. That did help. :drunk:

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Three weeks. The insiders will get the first updates.

www.pescience.com/insider

We have to keep telling people because even though we put this link in a lot of threads we always get asked the same questions. Make sure you sign up if you want the insider sales offers. :)
Remember to sign up kids. Don't miss out and let everyone else get Enhanced first.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's why samples for a preworkout stims are a very good way for people to be able to
try out a stim supplement before they shell out there hard earned money for something
that may or may not work for them and a couple of examples of products that I received
samples for and they worked for me and I purchased them were MM, Craze, D-Stunner,
and SpeedXtreme the 1,3 version and 2 which I just tried and will be purchasing are Prodigy,
and Powermax. These are a few that I tried samples and won't be purchasing N.O.Xplode,
C-4, Super Pump Max, and Cardio-Ignite so samples are important for these kind of supplements.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Natty, on workout days, can Enhanced be taken 3.5-4 hours after taking 4.4 grams of Alphamine? Thanks.
We will advise the following:::

Alphamine has 125mg caffeine per scoop. So does Enhanced. We recommend no one to consume more than 400mgs caffeine in a day, and nor more than 300mg in a 6-8 hour period before using more

So if you work out in the AM - 2 scoops enhanced preworkout, 1 Alphamine in the afternoon

If you workout in the evening: 1 Alphamine in the AM, 2 Enhanced preworkout

John33

Awards
We will advise the following...
Got it, thank you Natty.

One more question: My understanding is that Enhanced contains nitrates of some kind. I have heard that nitrates can cause cancer and other health problems. Is it true?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got it, thank you Natty.

One more question: My understanding is that Enhanced contains nitrates of some kind. I have heard that nitrates can cause cancer and other health problems. Is it true?
There's no evidence to suggest that. In fact, we all eat nitrates every day (if you have a whole diet).

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit Extract

John33

Awards
There's no evidence to suggest that. In fact, we all eat nitrates every day (if you have a whole diet).
I have even read that some vegetables, such as celery, for example, contains more nitrates than lunch meat, but it is one thing to get nitrates from food and another to get it in a concentrated form as a supplement, or so the argument goes. This is what I have heard: It is like the difference between eating an apple or an orange vs. drinking an orange or apple juice. Both contain sugar, but the juice contains a lot more sugar in a concentrated form without any fiber, which spikes insulin and blood sugar a lot higher than just eating fruit. In addition, to get the same amount of sugar from eating fruit, one would need to eat a lot, which usually does not happen, but it is easy to drink a glass or two of orange juice.

Is the sugar/fruit example relevant to nitrates? I respect and trust your opinion, so I am just trying to understand, not arguing.

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit.Extract
I have heard that, too, but my question is: Do I need to take any other anti-oxidants to counteract nitrates in addition to what is already in Enhanced? If yes, what is the dosage?

Thanks a lot for educating on this subject and I cannot wait to try Enhanced.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have heard that, too, but my question is: Do I need to take any other anti-oxidants to counteract nitrates in addition to what is already in Enhanced? If yes, what is the dosage?

Thanks a lot for educating on this subject and I cannot wait to try Enhanced.
If your diet is balanced and has veggies and fruits I would say there is no need to add additional anti-oxidants to counteract the nitrate dosage in Enhanced. I am sure Natty formulated it be fine without the addition of anything else. ;)

Additional Nitrate discussion on AM:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/212817-ergogenic-benefits-nitrates.html

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit Extract
exercise forms free radicals...

Cancer is a chronic condition not an acute one....If you take chronicallly use something in large amounts over years and years, you could be a risk,

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nitrates from vegetable sources are safe because the veggies have intrinsic antioxidants that elimination gastric nitrosation. Co-ingesting vitamin C with nitrates will have the same protective effect.

Nitrates in meat come jampacked with a whopping zero antioxidants and other nasty compounds that can actually make the effects of nitrates unfavorable.

On the whole, nitrates are actually rather healthy when used in a manner that prevents nitrosamine formation (i.e. with vitamin C). This is why I liked C-bol so much (and why I yell at Purus for Condense!)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If your diet is balanced and has veggies and fruits I would say there is no need to add additional anti-oxidants to counteract the nitrate dosage in Enhanced. I am sure Natty formulated it be fine without the addition of anything else. ;)

Additional Nitrate discussion on AM:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/212817-ergogenic-benefits-nitrates.html
Nice find. I've also made a couple long posts to this effect if someone can dig them up.

Calling celorza!!