PES Preworkout: ENHANCED - Initial Impression

Page 2 of 15 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.25%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Sick review DJ!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com

2. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Natty, on workout days, can Enhanced be taken 3.5-4 hours after taking 4.4 grams of Alphamine? Thanks.
    We will advise the following:::

Alphamine has 125mg caffeine per scoop. So does Enhanced. We recommend no one to consume more than 400mgs caffeine in a day, and nor more than 300mg in a 6-8 hour period before using more

So if you work out in the AM - 2 scoops enhanced preworkout, 1 Alphamine in the afternoon

If you workout in the evening: 1 Alphamine in the AM, 2 Enhanced preworkout
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.66%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    We will advise the following...
    Got it, thank you Natty.

One more question: My understanding is that Enhanced contains nitrates of some kind. I have heard that nitrates can cause cancer and other health problems. Is it true?
    •   

4. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Got it, thank you Natty.

One more question: My understanding is that Enhanced contains nitrates of some kind. I have heard that nitrates can cause cancer and other health problems. Is it true?
    There's no evidence to suggest that. In fact, we all eat nitrates every day (if you have a whole diet).

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit Extract
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  5. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.66%

There's no evidence to suggest that. In fact, we all eat nitrates every day (if you have a whole diet).
    I have even read that some vegetables, such as celery, for example, contains more nitrates than lunch meat, but it is one thing to get nitrates from food and another to get it in a concentrated form as a supplement, or so the argument goes. This is what I have heard: It is like the difference between eating an apple or an orange vs. drinking an orange or apple juice. Both contain sugar, but the juice contains a lot more sugar in a concentrated form without any fiber, which spikes insulin and blood sugar a lot higher than just eating fruit. In addition, to get the same amount of sugar from eating fruit, one would need to eat a lot, which usually does not happen, but it is easy to drink a glass or two of orange juice.

Is the sugar/fruit example relevant to nitrates? I respect and trust your opinion, so I am just trying to understand, not arguing.

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit.Extract
    I have heard that, too, but my question is: Do I need to take any other anti-oxidants to counteract nitrates in addition to what is already in Enhanced? If yes, what is the dosage?

Thanks a lot for educating on this subject and I cannot wait to try Enhanced.
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I have heard that, too, but my question is: Do I need to take any other anti-oxidants to counteract nitrates in addition to what is already in Enhanced? If yes, what is the dosage?

Thanks a lot for educating on this subject and I cannot wait to try Enhanced.
    If your diet is balanced and has veggies and fruits I would say there is no need to add additional anti-oxidants to counteract the nitrate dosage in Enhanced. I am sure Natty formulated it be fine without the addition of anything else.

Additional Nitrate discussion on AM:
    Ergogenic benefits of nitrates
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.31%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

The reason some people think this is because nitrates can form free radicals (along with many other things in your diet), but that is why taking a daily anti-oxidant is always good in general. In Enhanced, you will find two anti-oxidants. Vitamin C and Pomegranate Fruit Extract
    exercise forms free radicals...

Cancer is a chronic condition not an acute one....If you take chronicallly use something in large amounts over years and years, you could be a risk,
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Nitrates from vegetable sources are safe because the veggies have intrinsic antioxidants that elimination gastric nitrosation. Co-ingesting vitamin C with nitrates will have the same protective effect.

Nitrates in meat come jampacked with a whopping zero antioxidants and other nasty compounds that can actually make the effects of nitrates unfavorable.

On the whole, nitrates are actually rather healthy when used in a manner that prevents nitrosamine formation (i.e. with vitamin C). This is why I liked C-bol so much (and why I yell at Purus for Condense!)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    If your diet is balanced and has veggies and fruits I would say there is no need to add additional anti-oxidants to counteract the nitrate dosage in Enhanced. I am sure Natty formulated it be fine without the addition of anything else.

Additional Nitrate discussion on AM:
    Ergogenic benefits of nitrates
    Nice find. I've also made a couple long posts to this effect if someone can dig them up.

Calling celorza!!
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.66%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Co-ingesting vitamin C with nitrates will have the same protective effect.
    Is there a ratio of nitrates to vitamin C that one can use as a guideline? Thanks.
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.43%

Is there a ratio of nitrates to vitamin C that one can use as a guideline? Thanks.
    You want 100mg-500mg of vitamin C with a bolus of nitrates. I like ~250mg
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.98%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Nice find. I've also made a couple long posts to this effect if someone can dig them up.

Calling celorza!!
    Lol..
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.98%

Reminder to sign up for the insider to get Enhanced first!

PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

We will advise the following:::

Alphamine has 125mg caffeine per scoop. So does Enhanced. We recommend no one to consume more than 400mgs caffeine in a day, and nor more than 300mg in a 6-8 hour period before using more

So if you work out in the AM - 2 scoops enhanced preworkout, 1 Alphamine in the afternoon

If you workout in the evening: 1 Alphamine in the AM, 2 Enhanced preworkout
    Why not? Love VPX Friction (400mg caffeine per scoop) - no probs at all .I'm even adding extra SNS Agmatine.. The amount of caffeine/stims each person consumes pre-workout highly depends on his tolerance level. Mine is high and 125mg caffeine per scoop is waaaay to low- i won't even feel it.I hope Enhanced will deliver because despite the fact im a huge PES fan i don't like the idea of me using 2-2.5 scoops every time.Oh-and pls bring more than 2 flavors this time-green apple or lime will be very nice-kind of tired of fruit punch and raspberry lemonade-we need more options.Tnx
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.76%

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherP99 View Post
    Why not? Love VPX Friction (400mg caffeine per scoop) - no probs at all .I'm even adding extra SNS Agmatine.. The amount of caffeine each person consumes pre-workout highly depends on his tolerance level. Mine is high and 125mg per scoop is waaaay to low- i won't even feel it.I hope Enhanced will deliver because despite the fact im a huge PES fan i don't like the idea of me using 2-2.5 scoops every time.Oh-and pls bring more than 2 flavors this time-green apple or lime will be very nice-kind of tired of fruit punch and raspberry lemonade-we need more options.Tnx
    Caffeine is only one part of the product. There are other ingredients that will provide energy and focus irregardless of the caffeine content. Shouldn't be any need to dose over 2 scoops regardless of caffeine tolerance (even the most stimulant tolerant reviewers so far have found 2 scoops to be more than plenty).

If all goes well I wouldn't doubt the addition of extra flavor options down the road.
    PES Representative
  17. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

I can attest. This is MUCH more than caffeine. I thought the same thing with craze which has about 160 of caffeine at 2 scoops. They are both way more than caffeine
    *strong supplement shop rep*

Find the latest supplements at the best prices at strongsupplementshop.com
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Why not? Love VPX Friction (400mg caffeine per scoop) - no probs at all .I'm even adding extra SNS Agmatine.. The amount of caffeine/stims each person consumes pre-workout highly depends on his tolerance level. Mine is high and 125mg caffeine per scoop is waaaay to low- i won't even feel it.I hope Enhanced will deliver because despite the fact im a huge PES fan i don't like the idea of me using 2-2.5 scoops every time.Oh-and pls bring more than 2 flavors this time-green apple or lime will be very nice-kind of tired of fruit punch and raspberry lemonade-we need more options.Tnx
    400 mg's of caffeine for most people is a hefty amount for most anyone. No knock at Friction but it is marketed as a one scoop preworkout. While Enhanced having a lower amount of caffeine won't steer people away from it. Cause not everyone needs 400 mg's of caffeine, I was always good with one scoop of Alphamine. With Enhanced one scoop had me feeling pretty darn good i imagine 1.5 will be a good spot for me. Plus with Enhanced it works on so many pathways its not just another run of the mill preworkout. Natty put a lot of thought and time into this product, and trust me it will be worth the wait.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

Quote Originally Posted by PrepNwa23 View Post
    Cause not everyone needs 400 mg's of caffeine
    Truth but 400mg works for me.
    I was always good with one scoop of Alphamine.
    Started my first Alphamine run with 1.5 scoops but it was not enough for me.2 scoops - i felt good...but 2.5 scoops was my sweet spot.
    Natty put a lot of thought and time into this product, and trust me it will be worth the wait.
    PES never disappointed me before-will see .I hope it won't be too pricey for me to use because of my high stims tolerance.
  20. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%

You are a very rare person who likes 400mgs of caffeine...even people who consider themselves pretty stim tolerant wouldnt enjoy 400mgs at once.

We formulate the product for a max dose to satisfy the experienced user, like those on this formum: PES Enhanced Feedback - The people have spoken!
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    If all goes well I wouldn't doubt the addition of extra flavor options down the road.
    So basically you're saying Enhanced will be available only in fruit punch and raspberry lemonade (again) .... at least from the start? I don't like the idea of my pre-workout product and my thermogenic/hardening agent to taste the same .
    And i won't be the only one using those 2 in a stack.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.82%

So basically you're saying Enhanced will be available only in fruit punch and raspberry lemonade (again) .... at least from the start? I don't like the idea of my pre-workout product and my thermogenic/hardening agent to taste the same .
    And i won't be the only one using those 2 in a stack.
    It will be available in blue raspberry when its released.
    PES Representative
    http://selectprotein.com
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.8%

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    It will be available in blue raspberry when its released.
    Only?
    Tnx-that's a strange decision...I just hope PES will bring more options soon-no one will drink the same drink like 2 or more months in a row 4-5 times a week-no matter how good the taste is.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.82%

Only?
    Tnx-that's a strange decision...I just hope PES will bring more options soon-no one will drink the same drink like 2 or more months in a row 4-5 times a week-no matter how good the taste is.
    I think blue razz and fruit punch will be available, but I'm not 100% on that. Someone from PES could probably give you a definite answer.
    PES Representative
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

400mg caffeine? You're in the minority.

Throw in a caffeine tab if you really need to.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  26. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%

Blue Razz and Fruit Punch for initial release
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
  27. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.76%

Fruit punch and blue raspberry will be the initial flavor releases. Fruit punch is one of the most popular supplement flavors and we only have two glavored products right now and hopefully we can get more flavors in the future.
    PES Representative
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.89%

Blue Razz and Fruit Punch for initial release
    Blue Razz... Yummy. All I know is RL & FP Alphamine flavors are amazing so I wouldn't expect anything less from Enhanced.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Truth but 400mg works for me.Started my first Alphamine run with 1.5 scoops but it was not enough for me.2 scoops - i felt good...but 2.5 scoops was my sweet spot.PES never disappointed me before-will see .I hope it won't be too pricey for me to use because of my high stims tolerance.
    If you have a high stimulant tolerance you would be better served adding a small amount of caffeine to a pre workout product than just multiplying the doses. The doses we use of agmatine, leucine nitrate and other ingredients (not disclosed yet) are hefty enough that going over the recommended dose is 1) not necessary 2) expensive when you are only looking at bumping up the caffeine.

I use huge doses of stimulants (have used 800mg pre workout before) but can attest that two scoops of Enhanced feels strong.
    PES Representative
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post

400mg caffeine? You're in the minority.

Throw in a caffeine tab if you really need to.
    I also want to remind you that the 125mg of caffeine is not the only stimulant, when you look at everything combined "higenamine, SA2-A" etc you are looking at a way more powerful product. Some people think it is super strong at one scoop who are used to just caffeine. If you want to go the super crazy route throw in a SS methyl-Synephrine tab. Or do what I would do and do an Adrenal Reset of some kind.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.94%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

Blue Razz... Yummy. All I know is RL & FP Alphamine flavors are amazing so I wouldn't expect anything less from Enhanced.
    I am not a fan of FP and the only flavor I dislike more is blue razz, but these actually taste great!! Needless to say I was once again blown away by the flavors. Keep it up!!
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.89%

Quote Originally Posted by d1sc1ple View Post

I am not a fan of FP and the only flavor I dislike more is blue razz, but these actually taste great!! Needless to say I was once again blown away by the flavors. Keep it up!!
    Ya for sure. Some FP flavors I've tried sucked but Alphamine flavor was top notch. Also Blue Razz is going to be a favorite I do believe.
    PES Representative
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Any leads on premier deal/ package? Alphamine + Anabeta + Enhanced?? Pleassssse
  34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.14%

Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    I think this is the question everyone is excited to hear the answer to!
    PES Representative
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.98%

Quote Originally Posted by 804
    Josh would hunt us down if we told
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%

Ya for sure. Some FP flavors I've tried sucked but Alphamine flavor was top notch. Also Blue Razz is going to be a favorite I do believe.
    The blue razz is very good.
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.89%

I bet it is
    PES Representative
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.49%

I bet it is
    Granted you won't be disappointed with ether flavor id go blue razz for now just to switch it up from the Fruit Punch.
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.89%

Granted you won't be disappointed with ether flavor id go blue razz for now just to switch it up from the Fruit Punch.
    Ya I feel ya. Will for sure be gettin on some blue razz Enhanced.
    PES Representative
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.09%

Im not typically a blue razz fan but It looks like enhanced changed that for me. Stuff tastes amazing!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1163
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 07:08 PM
  2. Genera Supplements' Andrenaline: Initial Impressions
    By riseboi in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 03:49 PM
  3. DS Replenish Initial Impression
    By Jim Sadler in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0