CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Antaeus Lab's Achilles​

achilles.JPG

First, I want to give a big thanks to Antaeus Labs for selecting me to log their product. I have been excited about this product for some time and glad I finally get to give it a try. I appreciate it and I am excited to see the results.

Injury History: I have several nagging injuries from a combination of Powerlifting, Football, and other misc things life has thrown at me. The most recent and prominent injury that I am dealing with is a torn AC joint in my right shoulder. I tore it last October while training for a powerlifting meet and it is still not healed. It has limited nearly all pressing and vertical movements. I can get away with light flat bench and hammer strength bench occasionally but that is all. I have broken both wrists, had my left knee operated on from football a few years back, partial tears in both rotators that have since healed, some nagging elbow pain every now and then from shirted benching, broken my right ankle that aches at times, and occasional aching knees.

Past Joint Products used:

Supercissus
Animal Flex
Orange Triad
MSM, Glucosamine, Etc.
Osteo Sport
Joint Force
SNS Cissus Caps
Joint Restore

Current Joint Protocol:

Animal Flex
SNS Cissus Caps
Joint Force

My Goals With Achilles:
I am hoping Achilles will aid in reduced inflammation after and during exercise as well as a decrease in minor nagging joint pain. I know 4 weeks is not a whole lot of time to see major results but I think those things should be attainable. Also, while I do no expect this to heal an injury as serious as my AC joint, I will be thrilled if it manages to get a bit better during this log. Also, I will be dropping all other joint products to get an accurate feel for Achilles.

Dosing: 2 caps 2x per day

Thanks again to everyone who made this happen

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far I have taken 4 doses. It is very early but one thing I have noticed so far is that after a night of heavy drinking, I did not wake up with my joints feeling dry and stiff as I usually would. This could be a coincidence especially since it is so early but I thought it was worth noting. Also, even with dropping all the other stuff, my joints don't feel any different. In the past I could literally notice if I missed one dose of the previous products. Maybe Achilles has potential as a fast acting anti inflammatory. I hope that is the case but we will see.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
From feedback and my own personal use thus far, people have noticed the anti-inflammatory properties of Achilles rather quickly. Thanks for throwing up the log, I will be following along for the ride.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Subbed for sure!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys glad to have all of yall in here. Unfortunately, last night I had to throw some drunk ass out of the bar I work at and while wrestling him out I did something to my other AC joint. It is sore and hurts a bit to move but I am hoping its nothing big. going to ice it and rest it. I swear if its not one thing its the other. My other AC joint feels 100x better out of nowhere though

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys glad to have all of yall in here. Unfortunately, last night I had to throw some drunk ass out of the bar I work at and while wrestling him out I did something to my other AC joint. It is sore and hurts a bit to move but I am hoping its nothing big. going to ice it and rest it. I swear if its not one thing its the other. My other AC joint feels 100x better out of nowhere though
Sorry to hear about that man, I hope it gets better.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to hear about that man, I hope it gets better.
Thanks man hopefully its nothing but I am beginning to feel otherwise. I am setting up an appointment to get it looked at this week

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man hopefully its nothing but I am beginning to feel otherwise. I am setting up an appointment to get it looked at this week
Let me know how it goes. I just played football yesterday and I might have torn something, so I may be in the same boat as you.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let me know how it goes. I just played football yesterday and I might have torn something, so I may be in the same boat as you.
What did you injure? Hopefully it is nothing. I am on my way to the orthopedic surgeon so he can take a look at it. I will keep yall posted

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok so the orthopedic surgeon I went to took a look at it is a good surgeon and is the one who operated on my knee. He said there was no tear or separation, but that it had been aggravated a good amount. He pretty much stated that it was a degenerative and chronic condition that would effect me on and off for the rest of my life. Pretty much my shoulders are trashed at 25 and I will be dealing with shoulder pain on and off the rest of my life.

My problem with this was that it this was a chronic issue that is building up over time, wouldn't I have had pain slowly building up as well. With my left AC joint, I NEVER had an ounce of pain until it popped with benching. So in my mind, instead of it being chronic and never going away, it was a case of I injured it and its healing. The pain was instant due to an instant injury, not slowly aggravated overtime due to a lengthy degrading process. Same thing with my right shoulder. I went to my chiro for a quick second opinion as he is great with shoulders and has been overseeing the progress of my left shoulder for nearly a year.

I agreed with his diagnosis more. He agreed that it was showing no signs of a tear. He did say that it was aggravated with swelling in the joint as well as part of the rotatory cuff tie in. He disagreed with the idea that it was a chronic, degenerative injury. He said that with my left shoulder, I definitely tore the tendon and it is an 18 month injury that would just take time to heal. That seems spot on so far as it has gotten much better and healed up a good deal but not 100% yet. The progress it has made would lead me to agree that it was an injury, not a degenerative condition. He said with my right shoulder, the swelling of the ac joint is causing the underlying muscles to become impinged triggering pain. He does not feel it was torn like my left one and the pain and swelling in the joint should subside much faster. Icing, rest, stem machine, and stretching were recommended.

So for now I am going to rest it, ice it, joint force after shower for direct site anti inflammatory effect, stem machine once a day, and Achilles morning and night

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Shoulder is already feeling much better. Mobility and range of motion have gotten better already too. I know it is too early for any significant joint repair to have occurred so far. What I can say is that after about an hour of taking Achilles I notice less inflammation in my shoulder. Kind of feels similar to popping a few ibuprofen which is a good thing

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
Shoulder is already feeling much better. Mobility and range of motion have gotten better already too. I know it is too early for any significant joint repair to have occurred so far. What I can say is that after about an hour of taking Achilles I notice less inflammation in my shoulder. Kind of feels similar to popping a few ibuprofen which is a good thing
That's awesome it's helping so quick.I have been waiting for this to come out since I heard the news.Seems like they got a good profile going here!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That's awesome it's helping so quick.I have been waiting for this to come out since I heard the news.Seems like they got a good profile going here!
Definitely good. I can't think of any other joint product besides joint force where I felt relief this quickly. The combination of the two has been amazing

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am amazed at how quickly my shoulder is responding. It has gotten much, much better. I can feel that the swelling has gone down significantly and my shoulder feels much more loose. I went from not being able to brush my teeth to barely ever even noticing it. Ice+Stem+Achilles is working wonders right now. I thought I would be out for weeks but I feel I will be back by next week

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I am amazed at how quickly my shoulder is responding. It has gotten much, much better. I can feel that the swelling has gone down significantly and my shoulder feels much more loose. I went from not being able to brush my teeth to barely ever even noticing it. Ice+Stem+Achilles is working wonders right now. I thought I would be out for weeks but I feel I will be back by next week
Great news man! I'm glad you're healing up so quickly.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Great news man! I'm glad you're healing up so quickly.
Me too. I can handle pain and I have worked through a ton of injuries but this one hurt enough to make me think it was much more serious. Glad it is healing and not another major set back.

Jawbreaker24

Jawbreaker24

Awards
Me too. I can handle pain and I have worked through a ton of injuries but this one hurt enough to make me think it was much more serious. Glad it is healing and not another major set back.
Brother sorry to hear about your shoulder issues, believe me I no EXACTLY what you are talking about!!

But glad to see you are felling better, and recovering quickly.

"Victory is Reserved for those willing to pay its price"

~Unknown~

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All positive news so far for Achilles by everyone. Hope this gets you back in the groove Cat!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I'm with you Catd! I'm surpised when I get up in the morning and I'm not in pain!!! LOL

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hah,I have to take an inventory every morning before I can even get out of bed! Lmao

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Brother sorry to hear about your shoulder issues, believe me I no EXACTLY what you are talking about!!

But glad to see you are felling better, and recovering quickly.

"Victory is Reserved for those willing to pay its price"

~Unknown~
I appreciate it man glad to have you in here. Weightlifting really is a journey. Everyone thinks so short term and only focus on the upcoming few weeks. Its a much bigger picture than that. Everyone who sticks to this will face and overcome 1000 setbacks. Part of what I like about it. Every set back forces you to learn and rethink things

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hah,I have to take an inventory every morning before I can even get out of bed! Lmao
Haha first thing I do in the morning while lying in bed is twist to the side and pop my back 1000 times and I am only 25. You are seriously an inspiration for being at this as long as you have. My ass will probably be on a walker by 50

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
After I woke up this morning I did some stretching and such for the joint. I have even more mobility this morning with less pain. It does not hurt to move around at all anymore though I still feel it a tiny bit. I think im going to go ahead and rest up until Sunday or Monday (the rest of my body minus legs has not had a good deload in months) and let it heal some more then slide back into things.

Also, other joints seem to feel better. Elbows are much less stiff and a slight ache in my ankle has started going away.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
After I woke up this morning I did some stretching and such for the joint. I have even more mobility this morning with less pain. It does not hurt to move around at all anymore though I still feel it a tiny bit. I think im going to go ahead and rest up until Sunday or Monday (the rest of my body minus legs has not had a good deload in months) and let it heal some more then slide back into things.

Also, other joints seem to feel better. Elbows are much less stiff and a slight ache in my ankle has started going away.
Great review so far, think I'm going to have to give this a try. Shoulder and knees are always bothering me..

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok shoulder has continued to get better. I was able to help a buddy move today without much pain. There were some heavy ass couches and stuff too. It is hurting a bit now but nothing too bad. I didnt want to move him because of my shoulder but he had nobody else so I sucked it up. Other joints however are feeling great. I took aderall two days in a row to get a bunch of paper work done and usually my joints feel dry on it. However, no such dryness to report this time around. They felt and feel great all around

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok shoulder has continued to get better. I was able to help a buddy move today without much pain. There were some heavy ass couches and stuff too. It is hurting a bit now but nothing too bad. I didnt want to move him because of my shoulder but he had nobody else so I sucked it up. Other joints however are feeling great. I took aderall two days in a row to get a bunch of paper work done and usually my joints feel dry on it. However, no such dryness to report this time around. They felt and feel great all around
Awesome! Can't wait for more updates. I'm mostly interested to see how you feel AFTER the achilles run is over. That'll be the true test, won't it?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me too. I'm hoping that this doesn't just mask the symptoms, but instead actually promotes healing.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Me too. I'm hoping that this doesn't just mask the symptoms, but instead actually promotes healing.
This! I'll be takin more to ensure recovery. I have great feelings of this product!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Can't wait for more updates. I'm mostly interested to see how you feel AFTER the achilles run is over. That'll be the true test, won't it?
Exactly. If it keeps up I will definitely be purchasing some more but so far I am impressed. I always feel it might be hard to gauge a joint product after a month because that isn't much time and joint healing is a long process. Unfortunately, I know from experience. However, I do think it already has a noticeable anti inflammatory effect that kicks in faster than any other oral joint support I have used. Where there is less inflammation, there is more healing. Therefore, reduced inflammation for prolonged periods on top of ingredients that promote joint health should definitely lead to better joints. For the purpose of the log I will do a review after a week of of finishing the bottle give accurate results after one bottle of use. But I can already tell you that I will have a second bottle on hand to start immediately after the review week is over.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So far still looking good. I put both shoulder through hell this weekend from moving, to firing shoulder heavy guns at a full auto fire range, to having to carry a girl with a sprained ankle down a mountain, and military pressing the front end of a four wheeler the girl had run on top of a 3 foot stump to get it unstuck. My shoulder definitely ached a bit, but nearly as much as I believe it should have and inflammation subsided very quickly. I am going to hit up a leg workout early this week and lighter back workout later in the week as well. I will let yall know how things are moving.

Other things I have noticed, Usually joints ache after drinking or being dehydrated, but this seems to have subsided a great deal. My knees also used to pop a couple of times a day and this happening less often as well

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
So far still looking good. I put both shoulder through hell this weekend from moving, to firing shoulder heavy guns at a full auto fire range, to having to carry a girl with a sprained ankle down a mountain, and military pressing the front end of a four wheeler the girl had run on top of a 3 foot stump to get it unstuck.
Is this a usual day in the life of CatD? Pure insanity.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hah no that was only a 2 hour segment of his day. His full day would blow your mind! That's why he needs some Achilles... those joints take a beating haha

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hah no that was only a 2 hour segment of his day. His full day would blow your mind! That's why he needs some Achilles... that butthole is take a beating haha
Uhh.... Works for that too? Wierd

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Haha my buddy has about 2,000 acres in the mountains and a big house we all go up to on occasion. Girl lost control of a 4 wheeler, ran it up onto a massive stump with a big hill on the other side, and was thrown off and sprained her ankle. Luckily that was the only injury she had

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Uhh.... Works for that too? Wierd
I don't know about that. I will have to make her take some Achilles before the next session and see if it loosens her up a bit...

BTW I really need to learn how to reply to multiple quotes in one post.

So far things are still going good. First day back in the gym tomorrow so I will have something to report for yall. Cant wait to hit it hard. The gym that is....

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Lol Idk how either

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
BTW I really need to learn how to reply to multiple quotes in one post.
you see those three boxes at bottom of reply box? "reply", "reply with quote", then that third one?
third one is multi-quote box. if you want to respond to multiple quotes, hit the third box on every post you wish to respond to, then on last post hit the button "reply with quote" and all the posts you selected will come up.

*please send addy when convenient so i know where to send bill
:p

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if they can do this if using a cellphone though.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you see those three boxes at bottom of reply box? "reply", "reply with quote", then that third one?
third one is multi-quote box. if you want to respond to multiple quotes, hit the third box on every post you wish to respond to, then on last post hit the button "reply with quote" and all the posts you selected will come up.

*please send addy when convenient so i know where to send bill
:p
Haha I gave you some reps instead. Always wanted to know how to do that.

Going to hit legs in a few hours. I will let yall know how everything is holding up

Veritatis

Veritatis

Banned
Awards
Exactly. If it keeps up I will definitely be purchasing some more but so far I am impressed. I always feel it might be hard to gauge a joint product after a month because that isn't much time and joint healing is a long process. Unfortunately, I know from experience. However, I do think it already has a noticeable anti inflammatory effect that kicks in faster than any other oral joint support I have used. Where there is less inflammation, there is more healing. Therefore, reduced inflammation for prolonged periods on top of ingredients that promote joint health should definitely lead to better joints. For the purpose of the log I will do a review after a week of of finishing the bottle give accurate results after one bottle of use. But I can already tell you that I will have a second bottle on hand to start immediately after the review week is over.
Awesome, glad to hear it!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. One thing is for sure, my pants won't be buttoned the next few days.

Grabbed a light Squat workout 2 days ago. I kept it light to ease back into things and stayed away from exercises that put any stress on my shoulder as I am trying to rest it for the rest of this week.

Squats:

barx20
135x10
185x10
225x8
275x5
315x5x5

Leg Press:

4 plates (each side)x12
6 platesx12
8 platesx20

Lying hamstring curls:

80x15
100x15
150x12
150x12

Weighted Ab work:

Did squats in a different stance, much wider than usual and just focused on going light and getting my form down. Slight pain in my knee I aggravated a few weeks back and I think the wide stance bothered it more. However, the irritation went away much faster than usual and was gone in a couple of hours. Other than that no pain which is great. Everything is still feeling good. Shoulders have a way to go still but are getting better

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I widened up my stance with doing the Zerchers and it was bothering the inside of my knee. I started focusing heavily on the pushing out of your knees thru the hips and this cured it.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I widened up my stance with doing the Zerchers and it was bothering the inside of my knee. I started focusing heavily on the pushing out of your knees thru the hips and this cured it.
Towards the end of my sets I realized I needed to turn my toes out more to keep my knees from traveling inward and it helped a lot.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the lack of updates been crazy with the holidays and everything.

I have been feeling great. My shoulder still has a ways to go but is much improved. It doesn't hurt to move and does not ache in the morning or at night like it was. Also, my job required a lot of lifting (kegs, glass racks, etc.) and I had little discomfort. Joints are feeling nice and lubed. Any pain or strain that does occur subsides much quicker. I feel comfortable enough to start lifting light back again this week.