Rebuilding the Diesel With Antaeus Lab's Achilles

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates been crazy with the holidays and everything.

I have been feeling great. My shoulder still has a ways to go but is much improved. It doesn't hurt to move and does not ache in the morning or at night like it was. Also, my job required a lot of lifting (kegs, glass racks, etc.) and I had little discomfort. Joints are feeling nice and lubed. Any pain or strain that does occur subsides much quicker. I feel comfortable enough to start lifting light back again this week.
Good to hear its working! Wish they sold it at NP would have bought some with my Black Friday order

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have been out of town in Orlando until late last night. All my joints are feeling much better. I don't have the cracks in my knees I used to get multiple times a day (big pops). In fact, I haven't had that happen in a week. I am not really sure if it is at all possible for Achilles to be responsible for this, but I have had zero back pain these past 3 weeks which is extremely rare. My old injured shoulder has shown more improvement these past two weeks than it has a great deal of time. Unfortunately, my newly injured shoulder still has moments where it feels great, and moments where it feels awful. Having to lift and deliver 1000 lb gates in Orlando doesn't help things. But happy to report that everything else has shown great improvement. I did a light back workout (very light) last week to ease back into things

Bent Rows:

barx20
135x20
135x20
135x20

Hammer Grip Cable Rows:

140x20
140x20
140x20

Alt. Dumbell Curls:

30'sx15
30'sx15
30'sx15

This workout was more just to test things out without irritating it more. I could feel it but not painful. I will probably add some volume and weight this week. Overall, Achilles is working great

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also: Leg workout in a few hours. Computer at home is screwed but I will try to update from my buddies today

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have been out of town in Orlando until late last night. All my joints are feeling much better. I don't have the cracks in my knees I used to get multiple times a day (big pops). In fact, I haven't had that happen in a week. I am not really sure if it is at all possible for Achilles to be responsible for this, but I have had zero back pain these past 3 weeks which is extremely rare. My old injured shoulder has shown more improvement these past two weeks than it has a great deal of time. Unfortunately, my newly injured shoulder still has moments where it feels great, and moments where it feels awful. Having to lift and deliver 1000 lb gates in Orlando doesn't help things. But happy to report that everything else has shown great improvement. I did a light back workout (very light) last week to ease back into things

Bent Rows:

barx20
135x20
135x20
135x20

Hammer Grip Cable Rows:

140x20
140x20
140x20

Alt. Dumbell Curls:

30'sx15
30'sx15
30'sx15

This workout was more just to test things out without irritating it more. I could feel it but not painful. I will probably add some volume and weight this week. Overall, Achilles is working great
Nice review. Would love to see people do a head to head comparison of Antaeus Labs Achilles with Glucosamine+Chondroitan, Cissus Rx, Controlled Labs Orange Triad and maybe other joint support supps.

And yes achilles could totally help your lower back.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Nice review. Would love to see people do a head to head comparison of Antaeus Labs Achilles with Glucosamine+Chondroitan, Cissus Rx, Controlled Labs Orange Triad and maybe other joint support supps.

I've been taking Orange triad and Super Cissus for months with good results.. Send me some Achilles I'll compare for you!!!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I have done the above stack and I can say without a doubt that even while dropping every other joint product besides joint force, my joints feel better.

I apologize for being absent from the boards for so long. A whole bunch of things have come up and the lack of home computer and my Iphone taking a dump haven't helped my cause. My computer is in the shop now and I am getting a new phone so I will be back more often.

To make up for my log going down the tubes recently I have purchased another bottle of Achilles and will continue to log it until the end of that bottle. Don't want to let Antaeus down with such a great opportunity given to me so I hope that this will make up for it.

BTW, I was going to buy another bottle anyways because this stuff is awesome. My other shoulder already feels good enough again to be able to do light chest this week. Knees, wrists, back, and elbows have all felt much better as well.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am going to update a few workouts here quickly:

Legs:

Box Squats: 2 second rest on box

135x8
225x8
275x8
315x8
355x8
365x8

Leg Press:

3 plates (each side) x30
3 platesx30
3 platesx30

Good Mornings:

135x15
135x15
185x8
225x8

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did my first back workout. Went really light to ease my shoulder back into things. Light weight and volume

DB Rows:

50'sx12
50'sx12
70'sx12
90'sx12
100'sx17

Barbell Rows:

135x10
135x10
135x20

Seated Cable Row

140x12
160x12
180x12

Fat Man Pull Ups:

3xfailure

Hammer Curls:

3x30'sxfailure

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Legs:

Squats:

135x10
225x4
275x4
315x4
350x4
365x4
365x4
365x6

SLDL:

135x10
185x10
225x12

BB Step Ups 2 1/2 ft box:

135x8(each leg)
135x8
135x8

Abs:

Shoulder Rehab

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned before, I am slowly easing back into upper body. After moving the gates, my shoulder was killing me. However, after the light back workout and shoulder rehab, it felt 100x better. The doc thinks my tendon slipped a bit out of place and working out may have helped it slide back into place. Overall, it feels much better and im going to go heavier on back as well as do light chest. I honestly do not feel it would have recovered this fast without Achilles

Also, slight ache in knees that flared up with squats is gone completely. My shoulders no longer ache in the morning, and I overall feel plain better. Very impressed with Achilles

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol liking the fat man pullups!! This stuff is on my Christmas list for sure.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate you buying another bottle of Achilles. Just about every tester has sprung for another bottle after logging.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I appreciate you buying another bottle of Achilles. Just about every tester has sprung for another bottle after logging.
What u expect ;-) haha every person who gets to log a product for a company and enjoys it should always purchase to show support imo
In my case enough to fully heal and then some haha

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate the opportunity. I figured that extending my log was the least I could do after getting off track for a bit. There will be many more bottles of Achilles in my future. First Antaeus labs product I have tried and you have lived up to your reputation for solid products. Now I need to try axon a d demiurge

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What u expect ;-) haha every person who gets to log a product for a company and enjoys it should always purchase to show support imo
In my case enough to fully heal and then some haha
I hear you man. Supplements that actually help your joints are a dime a dozen so you can be damn sure I will be sticking to this

steppinRazor

Awards
I hear you man. Supplements that actually help your joints are a dime a dozen so you can be damn sure I will be sticking to this
I believe that might be a misuse of the idiom; a dime a dozen.. More like $500 a dozen..or needle in a haystack perhaps...mmmm quite..

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Grabbed a back workout and went a bit heavier but not quite full speed. Felt strong and shoulder felt good besides one set of the seated rows where it twinged a bit. Definitely not 100% but constantly improving and I am able to workout again which is great. Still no aches or pains from squats or anything which is great. All my joints besides my shoulders are feeling good. Also, a slight twinge in my right forearm/bicep but I think that was due to fatigue from not holding heavy weight in awhile.

Bent Rows:

barx20
135x10
135x5
165x5
185x10
185x10
185x10

Seated Rows:

160x10
180x10
200x10 (had a lot more in me but stopped due to shoulder)

DB Rows:

100'sx18
100'sx16

Meadows Rows:

1 platex10
1 plate+1 quarterx10

Rear Laterals:

35'sx12
35'sx12

Alt. Dumbell Curls:

30'sx3xfailure

steppinRazor

Awards
good lookin lifts.
glad to hear achilles workin out for you man

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Grabbed a back workout and went a bit heavier but not quite full speed. Felt strong and shoulder felt good besides one set of the seated rows where it twinged a bit. Definitely not 100% but constantly improving and I am able to workout again which is great. Still no aches or pains from squats or anything which is great. All my joints besides my shoulders are feeling good. Also, a slight twinge in my right forearm/bicep but I think that was due to fatigue from not holding heavy weight in awhile.

Bent Rows:

barx20
135x10
135x5
165x5
185x10
185x10
185x10

Seated Rows:

160x10
180x10
200x10 (had a lot more in me but stopped due to shoulder)

DB Rows:

100'sx18
100'sx16

Meadows Rows:

1 platex10
1 plate+1 quarterx10

Rear Laterals:

35'sx12
35'sx12

Alt. Dumbell Curls:

30'sx3xfailure
CatD is back in action!!! Take it easy brother go heavy too soon and you'll be right back where you started.. Glad to hear this stuff is working for you I'll be ordering some soon.. I see you went light on the DB rows

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CatD is back in action!!! Take it easy brother go heavy too soon and you'll be right back where you started.. Glad to hear this stuff is working for you I'll be ordering some soon.. I see you went light on the DB rows
Haha exactly man its not worth it to jump in too quickly and hurt something again. Thats why I am slowly easing back into things. Don't worry I will be back with the 140 lb db rows soon enough!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Haha exactly man its not worth it to jump in too quickly and hurt something again. Thats why I am slowly easing back into things. Don't worry I will be back with the 140 lb db rows soon enough!
I know you will!!!

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
I didn't come here for lightweight! Get back to the heavy stuff! :laughing:

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't come here for lightweight! Get back to the heavy stuff! :laughing:
Haha slowly moving back. Adding 20 lbs a week!

Barbell Rows:

barx20
135x10
135x6
165x6
185x12
205x12

Meadows Rows:

1 platex12
2 platesx12
2 platesx12

Single Arm Cable Rows:

80x10
100x10
120x10
130x10

Fatman Pull Ups

3xfailure

Shoulder Rehab

All in all everything felt good. Usually get some elbow stiffness when starting rows but non to speak of. The bicep cramping was also gone. Groin was tighter than normal though. I felt my shoulder a bit and it aches from all the rehab and stretching but not in a bad way. I have a few days left on the original bottle with the second on the way. Other than that nothing new and in this case, no news is good news

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Never seen anyone do Meadows Rows before. I feel like they'd kill my shoulders.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't sat they stress the shoulders any more so than regular wide single arm rows. The forearm bicep tie in is another story if you don;t use straps like myself.

Body was aching a bit out of nowhere yesterday but seems to have subsided. Going to do legs in a bit so I will see if the groin issues have subsided

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The shoulder gets tucked or pulled down with the Lat flexing so it really doesn't affect them. I would definitely use straps though. It kills my forearm flexors at the elbow joint if I don't.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
AZMIDYLF - Man it still won't let me rep you I owe you some on recharge.

I have finished my first bottle and on the second. I'm going to get to a computer tomorrow to log my last workouts and do a final review. Damn computer is still getting fixed.

Luckily, my second bottle came before I finished my first one so there will be no drop off

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys I got backlogged so I will just put up my last 2 workouts

Back:

Wide Reverse Grip BB Rows:

barx20
135x10
135x8
165x10
185x10
225x12

DB Rows:

80'sx10
100'sx21

Wide Grip Cable Rows to Chest:

160x10
180x10
200x10

Single Arm Hammer Strength Row:

2 plates (each side)x10
3 plates x10
4 plates x10

Legs:

Squats:

barx10
135x10
225x5
275x5
315x5
335x5
365x4

Leg Press:

6 plates (total)x10
10 plates x5
14 plates x5
18 plates x5
20 plates x5
6 plates x30

SLDL:

135x12
135x12
185x10
225x10

Barbell Lunges:

135x10
135x10
135x10

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Final Review:

I want to thank all the guys at Antaeus Labs for giving me this logging opportunity. This is my first AL product run and I was very impressed. Thanks again.

I must say that overall I am very impressed with Achilles. Impressed enough to order a second bottle. Of probably the 15 different joint products I have tried, I have only reordered 3 of those products so that should say something. In fact, I was previously on a joint regimen that consisted of Animal Flex, SNS Cissus, and Joint Force. During the run, I dropped the flex and Cissus and did not skip a beat. In the past I could tell if I just missed one day of those products so I know that Achilles was pulling its weight.

In just four weeks I was able to notice a fast acting, mild anti inflammatory effect, joints felt smoother and more lubed in the mornings even after nights out drinking, increased joint mobility, reduced pain/inflammation/popping in knees, elbows, etc. and reduced warm up time. My previously injured shoulder has continued to improve and make strides with reduced pain. My newly injured shoulder that occurred while on Achilles showed remarkable improvement at a rapid pace. Even my doctor was impressed at my progress. Not too shabby for a joint product in only 4 weeks considering most take much longer to notice any difference from.

Overall, Achilles has joined Joint Force as my favorite joint products. I will continue to run it and possibly stack it with additional cissus after I log this next bottle. I would reccomend to anyone recovering from an injury, experiencing joint pain, or simply taking a preemptive measure for their joints.

Final Score: 9/10

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Took a few days off with job hunting stuff. Taking off early to hit some arms and light chest/shoulder work so we will see how everything is holding up.

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much for the honest review. It was a pleasure to follow along and I'm glad Achilles treated you well.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hope everyone has a great Christmas/New Years. Im not dead just been away slammed with stuff going on. I am about halfway through my second bottle of Achilles. Some interesting things have occurred. Recently, I have been fighting some knee and elbow pain. Im assuming being dehydrated quite often from holiday drinking, heavy squats for 8 weeks straight with a narrower stance, and heavy tricep extensions without my elbows being lubed and warmed up from pressing before are the culprits. I took a week off and it seems to have helped a great deal.

Also, Shoulders and other joints are remarkably better and I have gotten to the point where I do not feel my shoulders at all when doing heavy back.

Another interesting thing I might point out: I feel like since I have started Achilles my skin as been much much clearer. Anybody else experience this?

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Hope everyone has a great Christmas/New Years. Im not dead just been away slammed with stuff going on. I am about halfway through my second bottle of Achilles. Some interesting things have occurred. Recently, I have been fighting some knee and elbow pain. Im assuming being dehydrated quite often from holiday drinking, heavy squats for 8 weeks straight with a narrower stance, and heavy tricep extensions without my elbows being lubed and warmed up from pressing before are the culprits. I took a week off and it seems to have helped a great deal.

Also, Shoulders and other joints are remarkably better and I have gotten to the point where I do not feel my shoulders at all when doing heavy back.

Another interesting thing I might point out: I feel like since I have started Achilles my skin as been much much clearer. Anybody else experience this?
Hey you had me worried for a minute!! Glad to see your still in the game..

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Actually now that you mention it...

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey you had me worried for a minute!! Glad to see your still in the game..
Haha good to be back man. Still no computer and life has been crazy but no more excuses I'm back. Missed the board too much

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another update: Aches in knees have subsided a bit but still present. No complaints or changes anywhere else

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some more Updates:

Shoulders continue to make big strides. I was able to do bench and pull ups for the first time in months. Elbow pain has subsided. Knees are still off but hopefully getting better. Skin continues to remain clearer than normal

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
awesome updates to hear (yet again)
so you are ~ thru 2 bottles now?
that's what i ran, second bottle was smooth sailing, just like the first
i'm off now, and problem-free!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
awesome updates to hear (yet again)
so you are ~ thru 2 bottles now?
that's what i ran, second bottle was smooth sailing, just like the first
i'm off now, and problem-free!
Glad to hear it man. Yes I am almost done with my second bottle. Going to do a 3rd with some additional cissus to see if I can knock this thing out. Came up out of nowhere. I swear sometimes that if its not one thing, it's the other.

Good news is I went a bit heavier on bench with just a little tightness and soreness but no pain. Elbows were great as well and they were giving me some fits

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys another update with some good news. I benched this week for the first time in months and had zero shoulder pain. I didn't go near as heavy as I would want just to be safe but I managed to knock out 185x20 so I was pleased under the circumstances. Also, I did pull ups for this first time with zero shoulder pain as well. They are showing remarkable improvement.

Knees are showing some improvement as well. They were irritating me on squats so I stopped to let them heal some more. They still weren't as sore though and I did heavy leg presses with no problem. They Also feel even better today so that's good.

I deadlifted for the first time since messing up my shoulder and smoked 500 no problem so happy with that and the lack of pain as well. 2nd bottle is done so time to order a 3rd!

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Ok guys another update with some good news. I benched this week for the first time in months and had zero shoulder pain. I didn't go near as heavy as I would want just to be safe but I managed to knock out 185x20 so I was pleased under the circumstances. Also, I did pull ups for this first time with zero shoulder pain as well. They are showing remarkable improvement.

Knees are showing some improvement as well. They were irritating me on squats so I stopped to let them heal some more. They still weren't as sore though and I did heavy leg presses with no problem. They Also feel even better today so that's good.

I deadlifted for the first time since messing up my shoulder and smoked 500 no problem so happy with that and the lack of pain as well. 2nd bottle is done so time to order a 3rd!
I 'm glad to hear your feeling much better that was fast!! Your still a beast bro, your lite lifts hurt me just thinking about them!!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hell yea! Monster bro! I'm on Achilles still and Lovin it