Jim takes on AppNut!

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Last package arrived today.

The goods:

Attachment 69334

Jumping tomorrow: 1030 Manifest so hopefully I get off early enough to hit the gym!
    I am seriously jealous right now. lol.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

2. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19

I am seriously jealous right now. lol.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    Lol all you gotta do is buy some like I did! (Except for 1 bottle of uptake courtesy of OS)

Its a little late but I have to thank my man jd for the hookup with a discount in support of this log! Couldn't have happened without you (atleast not for a few more months of saving)
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol all you gotta do is buy some like I did! (Except for 1 bottle of uptake courtesy of OS)

Its a little late but I have to thank my man jd for the hookup with a discount in support of this log! Couldn't have happened without you (atleast not for a few more months of saving)
    Buying is not a possibility right now. Supplements are a luxury I cannot afford (as in not buying any as I lack money) food and bills and other priorities come first. This is the first time I have had to train completely supplement free well I still do get my caffeine in, but have no whey protein. Going on as little as possible. On serious note, I think subconsciously that is why I came back to the forums...to feel connected again and to motivate myself to pull through the hard times.

In all seriousness though...not really jealous. I do believe you will be spoiled by the results you get from that nice nest egg you have there though

Cheers good sir!

-Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

You are doing a great job on the log Jim and I'm glad NO Uptake is starting to get some exposure.

It's also great that you took time to acknowledge OrganicShadow and JD76. They are great guys that are always going out of their way to support people on these forums.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    You are doing a great job on the log Jim and I'm glad NO Uptake is starting to get some exposure.

It's also great that you took time to acknowledge OrganicShadow and JD76. They are great guys that are always going out of their way to support people on these forums.
    From what I have seen...The AN crew may have changed quite a bit from my time, but all you guys seem to be really good dudes for sure.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19

From what I have seen...The AN crew may have changed quite a bit from my time, but all you guys seem to be really good dudes for sure.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    PM me your addy. I have a gift for you.

7. in this

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

Thanks brother, it means a lot!

I've never been disappointed with the AN team. Lots of experience and generosity!

9. Good work bro- definitely agree 1 lb here and 1 more rep there: always moving forward
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

10. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Good work bro- definitely agree 1 lb here and 1 more rep there: always moving forward
    That is essentially what everyone's goal should be. I think too often a time the young guys in particular go all out and set their expectations too high and overlook what real progress is. I mean I understand the want and need for instant gratification, but from a psychological standpoint (this particular issue I studied in my M.S. of Psych program) it is always better to have slower more gradual gains because then you are able to have a better appreciation for what you do achieve and you are also able to keep your brain chemicals balanced so that you remain positive without too much sliding from extreme to the other.

Cheers!

-Sean-

11. Just finished the workout. Update coming when I get home.

Samboz, will PM you when I get to the computer. Do you have any allergies? (Chocolate etc.)

12. 02NOV2012- ME Lower Body

Trap Bar Deadlift: 3-5RM
    135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5 (S), 335x5 (S) (PR, previous best was 315x5)

Lunges: 3x6-12
    95x8, 135x8, 185x6 (PR 135x8)

Pull Throughs: 3x8-12
    100x12, 120x12 (PR), 140x10 (PR 120x10)

Ground based Ab Circuit: 2 circuits
    Sprinter Sit-upsx15: BWx15, BWx15
    Russian Twistx15: BWx15, BWx15
    Oblique Crunchx10: BWx10, BWx10

As you can see, I crushed this workout today. PR's all over the place, I was particularly pleased with the DLs! The pull throughs are coming along nicely, they are not an exercise I have done much before this and I really enjoy them, I feel that they have a direct carry over to my pulling strength. Having spaghetti tonight and I'm so ready for it!

13. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Just finished the workout. Update coming when I get home.

Samboz, will PM you when I get to the computer. Do you have any allergies? (Chocolate etc.)
    The only allergies I have that I know of are chicken and smoke in general (not just cigarette's, although cigarette smoke is particularly bad for me to deal with).

Cheers Jim!

-Sean-

14. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    02NOV2012- ME Lower Body

Trap Bar Deadlift: 3-5RM
    135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5 (S), 335x5 (S) (PR, previous best was 315x5)

Lunges: 3x6-12
    95x8, 135x8, 185x6 (PR 135x8)

Pull Throughs: 3x8-12
    100x12, 120x12 (PR), 140x10 (PR 120x10)

Ground based Ab Circuit: 2 circuits
    Sprinter Sit-upsx15: BWx15, BWx15
    Russian Twistx15: BWx15, BWx15
    Oblique Crunchx10: BWx10, BWx10

As you can see, I crushed this workout today. PR's all over the place, I was particularly pleased with the DLs! The pull throughs are coming along nicely, they are not an exercise I have done much before this and I really enjoy them, I feel that they have a direct carry over to my pulling strength. Having spaghetti tonight and I'm so ready for it!
    That is a sick workout for sure. You make me feel like a p*ssy seeing those lunge numbers. I can't do d*ck for weight when it comes to lunges because of my bad knees. At most, I go no heavier than 35lb DB's.

As in your signature...with a workout like that you are transforming yourself into a beast and freeing yourself from the pain of being a man.

Cheers!

-Sean-

15. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19

That is a sick workout for sure. You make me feel like a p*ssy seeing those lunge numbers. I can't do d*ck for weight when it comes to lunges because of my bad knees. At most, I go no heavier than 35lb DB's.

As in your signature...with a workout like that you are transforming yourself into a beast and freeing yourself from the pain of being a man.

Cheers!

-Sean-
    I feel you with the knees, a few of my reps were painful for my left knee. It just reminds me that I need to foam roll again!

On a related note, my cissus arrived today. Took my first dose with breakfast, its been a while since I've had some so I'm glad that USP had that sale!

16. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I feel you with the knees, a few of my reps were painful for my left knee. It just reminds me that I need to foam roll again!

On a related note, my cissus arrived today. Took my first dose with breakfast, its been a while since I've had some so I'm glad that USP had that sale!
    As a piece of advice that could prove useful for you...with Cissus (try taking it first thing upon waking and pre-bed). This seemed to be the most effective way to use it in my experience. I believe it may have something to do with the cortisol control properties.

Cheers Jim!

-Sean-

17. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19

As a piece of advice that could prove useful for you...with Cissus (try taking it first thing upon waking and pre-bed). This seemed to be the most effective way to use it in my experience. I believe it may have something to do with the cortisol control properties.

Cheers Jim!

-Sean-
    I'm gonna have to try that. I've always just done with breakfast and dinner, I'm always looking for new ways to make my knees not hurt when we run in the morning.

18. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19

Cheers Jim!

-Sean-
    Cissus is indeed best when fasted. I take mine exactly like Sean suggested. Cissus is one of those supplements that I wish I found earlier in life and now would not want to go without it.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm gonna have to try that. I've always just done with breakfast and dinner, I'm always looking for new ways to make my knees not hurt when we run in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Cissus is indeed best when fasted. I take mine exactly like Sean suggested. Cissus is one of those supplements that I wish I found earlier in life and now would not want to go without it.
    The best joint stack there is imho is Joint Force stacked with Osteo-Sport (run it 6 caps a day, 3 upon waking, 3 pre-bed). The two together really make the joint and muscle pain disappear. After a good two weeks you can really notice the difference to the point where it feels as though you have never had an injury.

Cheers!

-Sean-

20. Final calories for the day:

3771 calories
    124g Fat
    392g carbs
    264g protein

21. I'm late, my bad.

Really excited to see how this stack and protocol of the 5/3/1 go together. I've seen RPM/Drive orchestrate nicely with 5/3/1 and would imagine this to do well.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

22. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    I'm late, my bad.

Really excited to see how this stack and protocol of the 5/3/1 go together. I've seen RPM/Drive orchestrate nicely with 5/3/1 and would imagine this to do well.
    Lol you are late.

I'm doing the WS4SB template. Although I would prefer if you didn't bring up drive in this thread, it's a tender topic with me, because I wanted to get some but was not in the financial status to get it when I started this....and I do so much better when I use it before runs. :sadpanda:

23. Sorry to bring up hard topics. Won't do it again!
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

24. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Sorry to bring up hard topics. Won't do it again!
    Lol, are you taking that advice and doing both shows?

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol, are you taking that advice and doing both shows?
    I'll think about it... let's see how I look next week. One step at a time.
    Franz Kafka

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol all you gotta do is buy some like I did! (Except for 1 bottle of uptake courtesy of OS)Its a little late but I have to thank my man jd for the hookup with a discount in support of this log! Couldn't have happened without you (atleast not for a few more months of saving)
    Anytime man. Anything I can do to help, just give me a hollar.
    "I would rather follow Christ and die to find out their is no God, than to not, and die to find out there is a God."

27. Yesterday's GPP

Power Clean: 1 x 3 x 155lbs
    (Only one set, spent a good deal of time teaching my wife and buddy proper technique)

Prowler Sprints: 3 x 40yds x 90lbs (1/2 BW)

Rope Pulls: 3 x 20yds x 90lbs (1/2BW)

Medicine Ball Slams: 3 x 15 x 25lbs

Sprints: 4 x 40yds

Shuttle: 1 x 60yds

All of the sprints were races between the 3 of us, my wife and friend has head starts to make it as fair as possible but.....

28. Also I have noticed that I am getting more acne on my chest and arms, I noticed it yesterday.

So either

A.) Side effect of Free Test working

or

B.) I need to wash myself better.

I'm hoping for option A.

29. If it is from Free Test it's mild and subsides in a relatively short time. I occasionally see a couple spots on my rear delts then it goes away. But I take it to be a good sign!
    Franz Kafka

30. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    If it is from Free Test it's mild and subsides in a relatively short time. I occasionally see a couple spots on my rear delts then it goes away. But I take it to be a good sign!
    That's how I look at it! I'm married anyway, who do I need to impress?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bobo your take on Cardio
    By Sixpack in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 11:57 PM
  2. Here's my take on LR3 and t-3
    By JohnnyB in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 11:47 PM
  3. my take on m4ohn...
    By julius kelp in forum Anabolics