Jim takes on AppNut!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
It does happen to me from time to time as I run low fasting blood glucose as is. Could be a salt issue as well, people can confuse the two easily.

-OS-Team AppNut
Salt kinda makes sense... I don't know if they're related, but the times I'm feeling that way I'm also usually sweating like faucet as well...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does happen to me from time to time as I run low fasting blood glucose as is. Could be a salt issue as well, people can confuse the two easily.

-OS-Team AppNut
I thought that was a possibility as well, although my salt consumption has been excessive.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thanks brother.

On an unrelated note: if you haven't made a chicken shake, don't do it. Sh!t was terrible.
Woah woah... back up. WTF? Please tell me you tried hitting some chicken breast with a blender. Thats kinda hilarious.

And if that be the case that you have been up on the sodium then we can rule that out. It happened to me a lot when I wasnt consuming dairy I only took in maybe 1000-1500mg/day because I wouldnt salt my food at all.

-OS-Team AppNut

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
If he took 50g of karbolyn pre-workout he shot his blood sugar up then worked out and didn't eat for quiet awhile. His blood sugar then dropped which caused the hypoglycemia.

Just an uneducated guess???

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woah woah... back up. WTF? Please tell me you tried hitting some chicken breast with a blender. Thats kinda hilarious.

And if that be the case that you have been up on the sodium then we can rule that out. It happened to me a lot when I wasnt consuming dairy I only took in maybe 1000-1500mg/day because I wouldnt salt my food at all.

-OS-Team AppNut
Frank said it was good. It wasn't.

If he took 50g of karbolyn pre-workout he shot his blood sugar up then worked out and didn't eat for quiet awhile. His blood sugar then dropped which caused the hypoglycemia.

Just an uneducated guess???
Possible but it doesn't really explain why it didn't go away when eating the chips.

Probably the most likely one though.

Anyone else feel like Dr. House trying to figure this out?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Without bloodwork I'm still gonna say were just guessing.

-OS-Team AppNut

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No chains today. Too busy to run out and look for some this weekend but instead I will be doing band bench press for ME. Got me two pair of extra heavies that have been wanting a go.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Just checking in on ya Jim. Keep doing what your doing! I had a horrible weekend and I am dealing with some very rough personal issues that I would never wish upon anyone.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Just checking in on ya Jim. Keep doing what your doing! I had a horrible weekend and I am dealing with some very rough personal issues that I would never wish upon anyone.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-
I hope things get worked out Sean. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope things get worked out Sean. Sorry to hear you are having a rough time.
I second this.

Just got railed by the 82nd ABN. Early day tomorrow and late night tonight, hit the gym and will update tomorrow.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
19NOV2012 ME Upper

Band Bench Press: 3-5RM weight +2 extra heavy bands, my guess is that they add about 40 lbs of weight at lockout the way I have them set up.
95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x4, 185x1

Chins: 2x MAX
BWx10, BWx8, BWx8 (decided on an extra set, was feeling strong)

By this point I had a good upper body pump, wearing my standard 1 size too large shirt and my back and shoulders looked swollen.

a1. Cable Rows: 3x8-12
100x10, 100x8, 100x8 (lower weight than usual but was getting a really good contraction with this weight so I kept it)
a2. Band Pull Apart: 3x8-12
1 Band x8, 8, 8 (grabbed the spot that wouldn't allow more than 8 reps, I was fighting for these.)

BB Shrugs: 3x8-15
135x15, 185x7 +8(S), 225x12(S)

Picked up McDonalds after this workout because it was already 2100. It was a long day at work, and it was followed by an even longer one today.

DE tomorrow, was going to be today but I am feeling really rundown after two nights with not nearly enough sleep and there are rumors of a PT test tomorrow and I don't particularly want to have fatigued legs and then be told to run 2 miles in as little time as possible.

Have a good night guys, I'm going to sleep! :yawn2:

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No other workouts this week. Will be doing RE Upper tomorrow and ME lower on Sat.

About to eat some rotisserie chicken, insta potatoes, and green beans for Thanksgiving. Happy Turkey day everyone!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
23NOV2012 RE Upper

Dips: 3xMAX
BWx15, +25x13, +45x9

a1. Cable Pull-Aparts: 3-4x8-12
30x10, 40x8, 30x8
a2. Chins: 3-4x8-12
BWx8, BWx8, BWx6

BB Military Press: 3-4x8-12
75x10, 95x8, 115x8

b1. DB Shrugs: 3x8-10
75x10, 85x10, 95x10
b2. Hammer Curls: 3x8-10
25x8, 30x7, 25x7

Heavy DB Holds: 2-3xMax time
95xFail, 100xFail, 90xFail

This workout felt great, I went into it with no stims and just used the Uptake. The pump was phenomenal from the beginning and the only problem I had was my forearm pump making it hard as hell to hold the dumbbells for a decent amount of time. The change from Floor Press to Dips was great, I love dips!

Also I realized that I had been forgetting to do the Mil. Press (woops!) and doing those after some time away from them was a trip.

Today's workout on the other hand....

24NOV2012 ME Lower

Back Squats: 3-5RM
135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x3

Reverse Lunge: 3x6-12
95x6, 115x6, 135x6

Romanian DL: 3x8-12
135x8, 155x8x2

This workout went terribly. I've been real tired today, diet related, and it showed before I even got to the gym. My stomach felt strange on the way there, again diet related, and for some reason my joints have been achy today. My squat numbers are lower than usual but I credit that to changing the way I do them. I learned the squat in football and we were trained to go to parallel, so with me coming back to it after a month or so without it I decided to hit the ATG variety. It makes a huge difference for me and it showed.

I also went into this workout stim-free and it did not work out for me as well as yesterday. I felt like complete @ss and for the first time in a while couldn't wait to get out of the gym.

I am certain that this is the culmination of this week's poor diet on my body. We've had a lot of long day's at work and then the holiday which led to an above average amount of Fast Food and ultimately lower performance. Hoping to salvage what's left of today's diet and go into this week strong.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
We've all had them days that just don't seem right in the gym. Just don't worry about it, and hit it hard next time. ;)

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
I regret that workout - said Noone ever ... So keep at it man

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I regret that workout - said Noone ever ... So keep at it man
Until youre dumb enough to donate blood and lift delts the same day (this guy).

-OS-Team AppNut

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Phenomenal Workout Today! Didn't expect it to be going into because my joints have been achy the last few days (possibly free test, more likely is dehydration)

Once I got going, and had the music going I was all about the weights, there was nothing else. Took the Marinade again and felt like a boss (even though it destroys my appetite usually even at the 1/2 scoop I use) and the Uptake has kept me looking vascular as fuark (for me at least)

At this point I have begun my second bottle of Free Test and still have a decent bit of my original IGF2 bottle to go before cracking open the second. I am really starting to notice steady strength increases (nothing ridiculous but steady PR's are a good sign), enhanced recovery (I was almost sad that I wasn't sore after last week's exercise changes even after squats!) and a steady "fullness" to my muscles. Not a full blown pump throughout the day but a noticeable density increase.

Todays workout:

26NOV2012 ME Upper

Band Bench Press: 3-5 RM Weight + aforementioned EH bands
45x5, 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 165x5, 185x2 (PR 185x1)

Chins: 2x MAX
BWx9, +25x4--BWx4

a1. Cable Rows: 3x8-12
100x10, 100x12, 110x8
a2. Cable Pull Apart: 3x8-12
30x10, 30x10, 40x6

BB Shrugs: 3x8-15
135x12, 185x12, 225x4 (No straps, complete grip failure)

I started off shaky with the Band BP but after the first few sets I was pumpin' em out. Got a PR by 1 rep but 1 rep is improvement and that's all I'm looking for! By the second set of the Cable Rows I was feeling invincible, I had to force myself to stop at 12 so that I could up the weight and perform the final set with full contractions! Pump was incredible, wanted to take a picture but hate being "that guy" in the gym. Trying to force my grip to improve and just wasn't able to keep the weight in my fingers on the final set of Shrugs.

Feeling good right now. Bout to rack out, calves are sore from the run this morning (the calf pump was retarded), and my knees (particularly the left) are aching. Good night everyone, see you in the morning!

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
sick workout mane!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No other workouts this week. Been getting off work late and going in early.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterdays workout was with 6x Uptake and 1 scoop of ConDense. I took ConDense for a hopeful boost in endurance since I was shortening the rest periods significantly. I think it went well although it is not a combination I will do again, the pump was painful. Can't comment on vascularity due to lifting in a hoodie but I can definitely say this is one of the best workouts I have had, focus wise at least.

30NOV2012 RE Upper Body

Weighted Dips: (trying to keep it around 10-15)
BWx15, +25x15, +45x9 (PR +45x8)

BB Military Press (someone was on the cables so I moved to the next exercise)
75x10, 95x8, 115x4, 115x5 (less than last time but I think the rest period had something to do with it)

a1. Cable Pull Apart
30x10, 30x10, 40x8
a2. Chins
BWx9, BWx8, +25x3.5--BWx4.5

b1. DB Shrugs
70x10, 85x8, 95x9
b2. Hammer Curls
20x8, 20x8, 25x7

My forearms were pumped up after this workout, cripplingly so actually, I had to try to shake them out so that I could grip the weight on the last few sets.

Also I took new measurements today, weight is down again. Consequently I am forced to bump my kCals again and based on what I have seen thus far I am bumping it significantly more than I did previously.

Will be 4500 from now on. I will be reevaluating the macro breakdown and posting it in here later today.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight: 160.8 (I knew it! :mad:)
Chest: 36.5"
R Bicep: 14.9"
L Bicep: 14.6"
R Thigh: 24.8"
L Thigh: 24.8"
Waist: 33.7"
R Calf: 16.4"
L Calf: 16.0"
Neck: 17.5"
Weight: 161.5
Chest: 37.8"
R Bicep: 14.9"
L Bicep: 14.7"
R Thigh: 25.0"
L Thigh: 24.8"
Waist: 33.8"
R Calf: 16.8"
L Calf: 16.9"
Neck: 17.5:

All measurements were again taken in a fasted, unflexed state. My chest measurement is up significantly, everything else is negligible.

So far my weight is up a total of .7lbs. It's been very inconsistent thus far and has been going down the past few weeks, which is why I will be bumping calories again.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calorie breakdown:

Work +Workout days:
4500kCal
250g Protein
120g Fat
600g Carbs

No work+ workout:
4200 kCal
230g Protein
120g Fat
550g Carbs

Rest:
3800 kCal
200g Protein
120g Fat
480g Carbs

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Calorie breakdown:

Work +Workout days:
4500kCal
250g Protein
120g Fat
600g Carbs

No work+ workout:
4200 kCal
230g Protein
120g Fat
550g Carbs

Rest:
3800 kCal
200g Protein
120g Fat
480g CarbsCarbs

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got Monday's ME upper in.

Will post numbers tonight hopefully, was running on three hours of sleep but didn't notice any significant change in strength.

Notable lifts that I can remember off the top of my head was:

Barbell Bench Press - 205x2.5

I forgot my bands this time so it was just BB. This isn't a PR, but it was around my last 3 Rep Max, which is significant considering the rest I was afforded.

Another note on BP, all the sets up to this point felt good and my body stayed tight throughout the lift. When I put 205 on I noticed my left side had a tendency of trying to turn, it happened on the 1st and 3rd attempts.

I'm actually feeling a little soreness now, which is awesome because I normally don't and sometimes I miss it. Been doing a lot of ORS crap which has been screwing my schedule up. But I'm still gonna try to get in the gym today (although I haven't decided on what ill be doing)

Really feeling good. Not too many new effects to report on the stack, I'm noticing that I look leaner at a pound or so above my starting weight but the final pics will be the judge of that.

Also vascularity is definitely up all day. I'm not particularly vascular to start with so the change was significant. Not really an all day thing, just when I do something. Have been getting pumps throughout the day, even when barely doing anything.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ME Upper: 3Dec2012

Bench Press: 3-5RM
95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 155x5, 175x5, 195x5, 205x2.5

Pull- ups- (overhand grip)
BWx8, BWx7

a1. Cable Rows
100x10, 110x9, 120x8
a2. Cable Pull apart
30x8, 30x10, 40x6

This is the only workout thus far this week. I haven't gotten off of work earlier than 8 for the last week (In fact I just got home from work), tomorrow is supposed to be an early day (pay day activities) and then no work on Saturday.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weight is up to 165.6 today.

Most of this is water due to the poor diet I have been forced into this week. It's been tons of high sodium fast food and little to no sleep.

Missed my workout yesterday, got off earlier than regular but passed out once I got home and woke up late. Doing ME lower in an hour or so and then doing RE upper at around 2100 to get them both in this week.

Not a lot of food left in my house so I will be shopping later today as well.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what I did yesterday, the first workout was at 3PM or so and the second was done at 8PM. This is not my preferred method of getting my workouts in but it was the only way to do it after this crappy week.

08DEC2012 RE Upper 3PM

Dips
BWx15, +25x13, +45x11 (PR)

a1. Chin-ups (hammer grip)
BWx8, 9, 9
a2. Cable Pull Aparts
30x10, 10, 40x7

DB Military Press
45x8, 55x8, 60x6

b1. DB Shrugs
75x12, 85x10, 95x8 (Grip failure)
b2. Hammer Curls
20x8, 25x8, 25x9

I took 7 Uptake before this workout and the pump was excellent, I had to stop a few times on the hammer curls and shake out my arms to continue on. It was an enjoyable pain. For the duration of this log I will not be using any other products besides creatine, protein, OT, and the 3 appnut products (taking a stim break)

08DEC2012 ME Lower (8PM)

Back Squat
135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 205x5, 225x5, 245x5, 265x5, 275x3 (Quads, Glutes, and Hams were burning!)

Reverse Lunge
95x8, 135x6, 185x4 (The muscular fatigue was catching up with me, it was hard to balance and get out of the bottom)

Romanian Deadlift
135x8, 185x8, 225x4 (Couldn't hold the 225 today, the grip fatigue from the earlier workout caught up with me)

Went home and ATE and then slept.

The way I was feeling while doing squats I expected soreness. Needless to say, today I am SORE. The enhanced recovery I had been noticing as of late is not quite enough to fix workouts like yesterdays after a week of inactivity and poor diet. It honestly feels good, my lats are sore, my entire lower body, and my shoulders.

Today, I've just been sitting around and eating. The goal for today is approximately 3400 calories. I'm a little short as of now, but I'm going to get it before I sleep.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
With weighted dips and full on feasting - gonna grow a big chest. Saturation of NO Uptake is in full setting for you! How's the legs feeling? I missed a lot here, sorry for the disappearance.

-OS-Team AppNut

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With weighted dips and full on feasting - gonna grow a big chest. Saturation of NO Uptake is in full setting for you! How's the legs feeling? I missed a lot here, sorry for the disappearance.

-OS-Team AppNut
They are slightly tender to the touch. My glutes especially.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK, so I don't generally like to change routines in the middle of a log but I have been talking with our very own zir.red and he has provided me with a personalized program for this month (it will evolve monthly for the next 3 months at a minimum). The first month is based upon unilateral moves to strengthen my core and correct my muscular imbalances (which he was able to find a fair amount of). The first workout went well, it was completely different than I was used to (complexes instead of exercises individually) and it tested my work capacity.

10DEC2012

DB Split Snatch- 3x3
35x3, 45x3, 50x3

Complex 1
- Split Squat - 45x12, 50x12
-1 Arm DB Incline Press- 40x12, 45x12
-1 Arm DB Incline Chest Supported Row- 40x12, 45x12
-Camel- x5, 5

Complex 2
-Contralateral DB RDL- 35x12, 45x12
-Depressed Scapula Pull Down- Heavy Band x6, 6
-1 Arm Push-Up- BWx7, 6
-1 Arm DB Rear Delt Row- 20x12, 30x12, 30x12

Complex 3
-Single Leg BB Hip Bridge- 45x10
-Hip Rotation- x6
-Supine Psoas Hip Flexion- Mediumx12

The gym got closed out before I could finish the rest of this.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the silence guys, drove home for leave on friday afternoon and got here saturday morning. Haven't done anything since then, headed to the gym later today.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Sorry for the silence guys, drove home for leave on friday afternoon and got here saturday morning. Haven't done anything since then, headed to the gym later today.
Kill it bro!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kill it bro!
Everyday brother.

I'm not a fan of this type of workout but I know why I need it so I'm gonna keep driving on because I know Jason knows way more about this than I do.

Also, morning workouts in a fasted state suck balls.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Everyday brother.

I'm not a fan of this type of workout but I know why I need it so I'm gonna keep driving on because I know Jason knows way more about this than I do.

Also, morning workouts in a fasted state suck balls.
Interesting program -

At first I hated fasted workouts - actually love it now. Except with Anabeta - for some reason I feel like sh!t when I take those fasted PWO

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tweaked something in my right arm this morning. Not sure how but its like a burning pain on the inside of my bicep.

My appetite has been down this week too.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
Damnit hopefully nothing is wrong brah

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
I heard pushups help that kinda thing

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They definitely do, pushups can fix everything that's wrong with a man's body.

Had an eventful week, lots of sleeping, and eating and a decent bit of working out.

Will put all of this week's workouts either tonight or tomorrow morning.

amateurfreak

Awards
You'll definitely learn to like that program a lot by the end of it. I've been working with him for almost two months now and it has been great.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
They definitely do, pushups can fix everything that's wrong with a man's body.

Had an eventful week, lots of sleeping, and eating and a decent bit of working out.

Will put all of this week's workouts either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Hell yeah brotha

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't have the numbers because my journal is not with me. I have the routine itself although I missed Thursday's track workout, I had meant to go for a run this morning as well but went over to a friends house instead (he just got married, poor bastard)

DB Split Snatch
Complex 1
Split Squat
1 Arm DB Incline Press
1 Arm DB Incline Chest Supported Row
Camel
Complex 2
Contralateral DB RDL
Heavy Band Depressed Scap Pull Down
1 Arm Push Up
1 Arm DB Rear Delt Row
Complex 3
Single Leg BB Hip Bridge
Hip Rotations on Swiss Ball
Supine Psoas Hip Flexion w/ Band/cable
Cable Anti-Rotations

First track workout (Wed. I believe)
Band Resisted March 6 x 20m
Hill Sprint (replaced prowler) 10xhill
Ground Starts 8 x 15m
Cool down pacers 5 x 50m

Thursday:
DB Clean and Jerk
Complex 1
Single Leg BB RDL
Single Arm DB Press
Chinese Row
RF Stretch
Complex 2
Traveling Lunge w DB on Shoulders
Prone Scaptions
1 Arm DB Floor Press w Supine Bridge
1 Arm Pull Downs
Complex 3
Single Leg Swiss Ball Curls
Swiss Ball Roll Outs
Wall Psoas March
Prone Bridge March

Friday: Missed Track workout makeup.

Feeling good, my appetite is still down, possibly because my activity level is lower, but I'm still eating a large amount of food. My recovery between sets has taken a hit, this is from the change in my workout time, it'll level back out this week I'm sure. Feeling a little bit of soreness in my lats but it's nothing extreme. Strength is up, recovery is still improved.

No new effects to report but all of the old ones are still going strong. (Pump, Muscular Endurance, Strength, Recovery, etc.)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DB Split Snatch 3x3 per arm
50, 55, 60
Complex 1
Split Squat 4x4: 70, 75
1 Arm DB Incline Press 4x4: 50, 55
1 Arm DB Incline Chest Supported Row 4x4: 50, 55
Camel 2x5 per set

The gym closed before I could finish the first complex (aaargh holidays!)

So I went home and used some of the stuff in the garage to get a little more in.

Bench Press:
135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 205x3, 155 (+bands)x4

1 Arm DB Row:
45x10, 50x10 (No more weight :( )

Band Pull- Aparts:
8, 8

Barbell Curl:
45x8, 75x8, 95x3

And now I'm going to eat my chicken tetrazini (or however you spell it), Merry Christmas everyone.

I'll be back tomorrow for my track workout in the morning, anyone else have a workout planned tomorrow?