protocol baby!!!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    so i really notice the effects of my test lowering as teh week goes on, i inject tonight and my energy levels were def. lower today, however once i got goin in the gym i felt fine, but it is much harder to get going........ with that said had a VERY good quad/bis workout

I did bis in the morning then quads later on

for bis i did alot of the same things, 1 arm db curl, high cable curl e-z bar cable curl

for quads i pre ehausted the quads to make sure most emphasis was on the quads.

started off with 4 sets of leg ext with a drop on the last 2 sets

heavy squats 225 x 2x10

front squats
    115x12x3 125x12

back squats - constant tension no rest
    125x12, 12, 11, 12 Rest +3 drop 95 x 23!!!

sissy squats 4 sets of 12 - havent done these in forever but damn these are hard and def. helped to pre fatigue my quads more for leg presses

shorter range of motion leg press with feet close together to focus on quads, 4 sets of 20, drop set on last 2 sets

hack squat feet low on the pad and close again for quads, 4 sets 15 reps double drop on last set.

finished off with 1 leg leg et with no rest between legs witha few forced reps and a static hold
    So have you been dosing protocol pre workout?
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

2. no i have been taking it before my big meal at night..............i could probably start doing it preworkout now that i know how jacked micro is effecting me, i kinda liek taht idea.....i maytry that, thanks!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    no i have been taking it before my big meal at night..............i could probably start doing it preworkout now that i know how jacked micro is effecting me, i kinda liek taht idea.....i maytry that, thanks!
    It is what it is designed for. And doesn't have caffeine so doesn't overlap with others.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

4. well thats how i originally was taking it until the jacked came, it was only about 4 days..........i had been taking it before my meal since because thats what it says on the bottle.....never did seem right to do that, i will start taking it pre workout now!!! probably some pre some intra

5. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    well thats how i originally was taking it until the jacked came, it was only about 4 days..........i had been taking it before my meal since because thats what it says on the bottle.....never did seem right to do that, i will start taking it pre workout now!!! probably some pre some intra
    That's what many do. I've used it for both. I'm really starting to enjoy it pre vs intra.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF
    •   

6. im def gonna give taht a go, tomorro wis an off day but will probably do some cardio and abs..........i will proly save the pre workout dose for a "real" workout lol , that soudns kinda bad

7. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    im def gonna give taht a go, tomorro wis an off day but will probably do some cardio and abs..........i will proly save the pre workout dose for a "real" workout lol , that soudns kinda bad
    I use it for both cardio and weights.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

8. tday was an off day jsut did some cardio and studied for a big exam tomorrow.........will start takin protocol preworkout tomorrow!!! chest/shoulders tomorrow so any addded pump will definetely be noticed, low carbs today as well so pumps at all will be a bonus!

9. well....today was an awseom workout Decided to do shoulders tomorow cu i usually do cleans with shoulders but my quads are still too sore from my quad workout like 4 days ago, i dotn remember them ever getting so sore!, i busted my a$$ that day :-)

so today i did chest abs and bis but made sure to do my abs before my bis cuz i really wanna focus on my abs

my bench is goin up and im pumped, its been a long time since i was consistently getting stronger

i was abole to get up 215 after trying 205 and 210 plus warm ups and i really think i oculdve gotten 220 jsut didnt try, so net week im goin right for 225!!!

the workout

bench 180x2x10

plyo pushup, explode onto 2 45lb plates stacked on each other, pause at bottom 5 sets of 6

weighted dips

20lbs x 10
    x9
    x8
    x8 drop bw x 6

banded hammer incline 4 sets of 10 eplosive reps

incline db fly
    incline db press
    db flat fly
    1 arm db twist press
    machien fly - all3 sets of 12-15 with short rest intervals

leg raises squeezing at the top and controlling the negative - 4 sets of 12 with no straps 4 sets with straps
    rope crunch 4 sets of 12 heavy reps with squeeze
    cable chop 3 sets of 15
    cable rev chop 3 sets of 15

heavy barbell curl 4 sets of 8 with a few cheat reps
    one arm preacher curls 3 sets 10-12 with forced on last set
    standing twist curl, 3 sets 10-12 really focusing on good from and squeezing with drop on last set
    2 drop sets on incline curl

great workout!!!!! thats all i need to say felt grreat

10. took protocol pree/intraworkout and felt really good throughout the workout, coudlve been getting stronger that really got me amped but still....had plenty of energy and focus throughout the workout, i will continue to do this probably for the duration of the bottle which will last a w hile which is awsome!!!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    took protocol pree/intraworkout and felt really good throughout the workout, coudlve been getting stronger that really got me amped but still....had plenty of energy and focus throughout the workout, i will continue to do this probably for the duration of the bottle which will last a w hile which is awsome!!!!
    You will notice a huge difference. Keep it up. I think the flavor is addicting.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

12. well today was day 2 of pre/intraworkout protocol, and i dunno waht it is but it takes me a while toreally get into my workouts sometimes.....maybe today it was the protocol not hittin me right away cuz i didnt start drinking it till my warm up started........today especially i didnt really get into my workout until i got into my hypertrophy rep ranges.....when i was lifitn for power i was completely focused......but once i gto int he one it was one hell of a workout, super faced paced, good pumps , felt really good!!!!

shoulders/tris

cleans
    135x2x8
    145x2x2

banded overhead eplosive press
    65x3x10

push press
    145x3x4

db press
    40x15
    40x12
    40x10
    40x9 drop 25x6 drop 20x8

behind head smith press 4 sets 10-12 with drop on last set

lying cable high pull 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

strict lateral rraises 4 sets drop on last 2 sets with static hold

leral raise machine supersetted with machine press 4 sets

rev grip pressdown 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

rope pressdown 4 sets 10-12 ss CG push ups

rev. banded CG smith bench 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set - love the rev band it reall emphasies the lockout and the triceps

one arm cable overhead 3 sets

also ran some sprints after cuz i felt so good haha.......... good stuff today!!

13. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    well today was day 2 of pre/intraworkout protocol, and i dunno waht it is but it takes me a while toreally get into my workouts sometimes.....maybe today it was the protocol not hittin me right away cuz i didnt start drinking it till my warm up started........today especially i didnt really get into my workout until i got into my hypertrophy rep ranges.....when i was lifitn for power i was completely focused......but once i gto int he one it was one hell of a workout, super faced paced, good pumps , felt really good!!!!

shoulders/tris

cleans
    135x2x8
    145x2x2

banded overhead eplosive press
    65x3x10

push press
    145x3x4

db press
    40x15
    40x12
    40x10
    40x9 drop 25x6 drop 20x8

behind head smith press 4 sets 10-12 with drop on last set

lying cable high pull 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

strict lateral rraises 4 sets drop on last 2 sets with static hold

leral raise machine supersetted with machine press 4 sets

rev grip pressdown 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

rope pressdown 4 sets 10-12 ss CG push ups

rev. banded CG smith bench 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set - love the rev band it reall emphasies the lockout and the triceps

one arm cable overhead 3 sets

also ran some sprints after cuz i felt so good haha.......... good stuff today!!
    Awesome, yeah if you want your pre to hit you right away in your work out, take it 15-30 minutes in advance. Depending on how quickly those types of things hit you.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

14. same thing today......didnt really get into the workout tilli was drippin in sweat from hypertrophy style lifts.........

started out with DL 315x2x10 working on power so 2 reps is hard but not drenched in sweat type more CNS

then did banded rack DLs , i was a a gym with a nice rack/band set up so i had to do these

5 sets of 5 working up to 275

banded bent over row 4 sets of 10

rev grip close grip pulldown 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

pull up machine 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

one arm db row (bad form but jsut wanted to move some weight!) 4 sets of 12

3 different hammer strenht machines all 3 sets of 10-12 with drops on last set

finshed off with decline str8 bar et - liek str8 bar pull downs but layin on decline bench, these are awsome for a finisher for the lats!

then did soem bent over reaer laterals with dbs fo 4 sets and with cables for 3 sets 1 arm at a time to work my rear delts since i negliected them on my shoulder day yest.

15. the fflavor is def. getting addictiong lol, i did hit a wall towards the end of the workout but it was a long intense workout so not too upset

16. 2 serperate workouts today, shoudlers/abs and then arms later............both great workouts, arms were swole felt great, its been a while since ive felt even semi-big. Also, strength is still increasing! really loking forward to tryin 225 bench later in the week. Tomorrow i will be doing a wingate test which is supposively hell on a bike, look it up if u wanna kwno what it is.......

protocol really is getting a litel addicting haha i am really coming to lvoe the flavor, sure it doesnt completely dissolve but it stil tastes good lol

17. welll today was an off day, just did some cardio and studied....was going to take protocol before my meal but...forgot, on the bright side......its one more serving left!!! :-)!!! always gotta be positive, stress will kill you ................LITERALLY!!

18. sorry i have not updated a long time i just got away from it especially since not many were commenting, i have still been suing prtocol every day, sipping pre/intra workout and on non workout days right before my bigmeal at night.....i have put on about 5 lbsin the past month and strength has ben going up, although this past week strenght was down :-( at least on bench i think its because i have been so focused on getting 225 up i have been training chest almost every other day and it obv. caught up to me................the last couple days i brought the weights down and jsut focused on quick intense workouts controling the weight getting good contractions and stayed away from intensity tchniques as a type of deload.............today iw as back at rippin it up and look to continue that tomorrow, back day tomorrow planon pullin some good weight on DL!!!! with protocols help of course!!!

19. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    sorry i have not updated a long time i just got away from it especially since not many were commenting, i have still been suing prtocol every day, sipping pre/intra workout and on non workout days right before my bigmeal at night.....i have put on about 5 lbsin the past month and strength has ben going up, although this past week strenght was down :-( at least on bench i think its because i have been so focused on getting 225 up i have been training chest almost every other day and it obv. caught up to me................the last couple days i brought the weights down and jsut focused on quick intense workouts controling the weight getting good contractions and stayed away from intensity tchniques as a type of deload.............today iw as back at rippin it up and look to continue that tomorrow, back day tomorrow planon pullin some good weight on DL!!!! with protocols help of course!!!

Just because people aren't commenting often doesn't mean they aren't reading. Keep the updates. Stay on normal training. The bench goal will come!
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

20. thanks!!!! plan on killin it tomrorow!

21. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    thanks!!!! plan on killin it tomrorow!
    Well we look forward to the updates!
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

22. yesterdays workout - back/bis

DL - trying tp build strength on basic lifts so i am starting withheavy basics foronly 2 reps with high sets

10 sets of 2 - 320x8 325x2 - felt strongerthan the lasttiem i did these so cant complain here!

I also try to incrporate an explosive movement and todayi was at my school where there are bumper plates and a lifting platform so i can drop the wieght so i did explosive deadlifts (no negatives)

15510x3 felt very explosive which was awsome

strict t bar row using 25s for greater rom 4 sets 10-12 with double drop on last set

bent over barbell row

125x15
    125x12
    125x12
    135x10 drop 15 drop 95

one arm db row pulling to hip

55x15
    65x15
    75x12
    75x12

hammer strength pull down 3 sets drop on last set

rev grip pull down 3 sets drop on last set

lat pull over machien 3 sets drop on last set

barbell curl
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10
    40x10 drop 30 x 10 - bis were very tired from back im dguessing, not all great reps but when i chetedi controlled the negative and had an incredible burn

e-z bar cable preacher curl 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

one arm cable preacher - 3 sets forced reps on last 2 sets

3 sets strict hammer curls
    15x15
    20x10 drop 15x10
    20x10 drop 15x10

incline curl 3 double drop sets - 15,10,5............bis were fried..........

23. today was an off day but spend alot of time studying and watchin tv on the eliptical so calries are up for an off day - 3800,, was at 5100 yest!!!

took protocol 30 min before my meal, very tasty when it very little water, gritty but tasty!

24. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz
    today was an off day but spend alot of time studying and watchin tv on the eliptical so calries are up for an off day - 3800,, was at 5100 yest!!!

took protocol 30 min before my meal, very tasty when it very little water, gritty but tasty!
    Just be sure to let it sit. I find being in the fridge helps. I don't mind the flakes so many times I just mix and drink fast.
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF

25. yea thats usually what i do

26. sorry for teh sideways pics but these were takentonight..............

27. these are from 9/27
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. SWALES PCT protocol
    By prolangtum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 01:27 AM
  2. i like it.... LSU baby...#1
    By ralph4u2c in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 01:10 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 06:30 PM
  4. HIIT: The optimal protocol for fat loss?
    By Lifeguard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 03:10 PM