Bolt Testifies to the Effectiveness of PES/USPLabs

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    What's the difference on high and low bar squat? The Bar position on the Back? Or how low you go?
    Bar position on back. It does effect torso positioning and depth to a degree.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I've been doing Low-Bars all along I guess that and front squats. Coach always wants me to keep it below the traps, like crossing the scapula (kinda...hard to explain) wiht back real flexed and elbows down pulling the bar.

Oddly enough I learned how to sit on my ass with Front squats first

Oh BTW , your back pic was amazing Bolt , more than shredded...you are like competition ready! And lifts are looking pretty good bro, keep it up!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Numbers are based off of 345 max, 70% for the 5 sets of 10 comes out to 242 or something so I just rounded to 245.

Ya I thought about that the last couple weeks and even though I don't know if my low bar squatting is that low or if my stance is sufficiently wide enough but I have been wearing my chucks for the Squat days and Oly shoes on the 5 sets of 10 squats (those are high bar closer stance).
    Ah....didn't see the 70% number until I re-read the article. I was thinking it was 50% like the usual BBB template. Low-bar squat is generally on the mid-traps while high-bar is on the upper traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    What's the difference on high and low bar squat? The Bar position on the Back? Or how low you go?
    It's bar position.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Correct. You can't go nearly as low without losing your lumbar arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I've been doing Low-Bars all along I guess that and front squats. Coach always wants me to keep it below the traps, like crossing the scapula (kinda...hard to explain) wiht back real flexed and elbows down pulling the bar.

Oddly enough I learned how to sit on my ass with Front squats first

Oh BTW , your back pic was amazing Bolt , more than shredded...you are like competition ready! And lifts are looking pretty good bro, keep it up!
    One thing you might want to keep in mind (not sure if you plan on gearing up) is that you cannot place the bar this low because of the straps. You'll lose position and never be able to fully lock the hips at the top of the movement.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

4. Definitely not competition ready, got some decent levels of fat chilling all throughout, still staying pretty lean though.

I learned high bar squats naturally, no one taught me the difference when I first started lifting and it just was what felt best. Probably led to me being quad dominant but o well.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Definitely not competition ready, got some decent levels of fat chilling all throughout, still staying pretty lean though.

I learned high bar squats naturally, no one taught me the difference when I first started lifting and it just was what felt best. Probably led to me being quad dominant but o well.
    Maybe that's why I'm hammy dominant I learned the Low bar already and got used to it pretty good. Today I did 155 + 15lb chains + Bands for 4 and 5 reps and it felt so good on the hammys!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Definitely not competition ready, got some decent levels of fat chilling all throughout, still staying pretty lean though.

To quote Wendler, "There are very people that are quad dominant; they're just hamstring weak."
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    To quote Wendler, "There are very people that are quad dominant; they're just hamstring weak."
    No doubt in that statement. I should say when I make that comment I am referring more to an overall lack of posterior chain strength back in the day. I feel I am much more rounded now, but in my earlier days not so much.

8. Oct. 19

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze 1 hour pre-workout. 3 scoops Protocol + 1 scoop Compete + .5 scoop Alphamine 15 minutes pre-workout. Tasted amazing.

Training:
    5/3/1 OHP Day

OHP:

3 sets Warm-up.
    3 sets of 3 reps with final set at 130lbs

Assistance work:

Myo-reps:

Bentover Row w/DB 80lbs 14 reps + 12
    Bench Press 185lbs 10 reps + 8
    Cable Pressdown w/ Rope Plate 19(140lbs) 10 reps + 12
    Hammer Curl 40lbs 10 reps + 12

Some rear delt and rotator cuff work.

Boom! Felt awesome today. None of the fatigue, stress, tightness in random muscles, etc. was there today. Felt ready to annihilate some weights and felt the best I have in over a week. Even the OHP sets felt relatively easy. Was hard, but didn't feel difficult like the other workouts had so far this week.

Increased weights on every myo-rep exercise and was pretty close in reps compared to last week. Still feel my bench is bad but it felt pretty good regardless.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

3100 calories. 260/380/60

Typically I keep things nutritionally dense and what most would consider "clean" (crappy terminology ), but today due to the changed workout schedule I had to cram more of the calories in a smaller window after my workout and before bed (had to be up early for Saturday work). Therefore I had some "treats". For example in one meal I made a junk bowl (look it up stuff is awesome) with Iforce VCB Protean sludge as the base, added some blueberries, Honey Nut Cheerios, Chocolate Cheerios, and Pumpkin Poptarts.

Notes:

-The pump I had going in my back by the time I was done with the bent over rows was insane. I felt huge (even though I probably wasn't).
    -Alphamine in the morning and a little bit of it with Craze is a cool combo. Not as euphoric as the TP + Craze combo seemed to make me, but obviously more stimmed. Alphamine gives me a strong openining of the chest feeling when dosed over a scoop (been doing 4 grams in the morning the last several days).
    -Getting sad everytime I take my AnaBeta. The bottle is feeling so empty. Absolutely loving the fullness and vascularity seems to have creeped a little bit higher this pas week. Some of my smaller shoulder/arm/chest/ab veins are popping out again. So maybe I am actually leaning out more than I thought?
    -Still drinking an insane amount of water and peeing boatloads...so possible water loss or fat loss through whooshing effect.
    -Used the last of my tub of Protocol..............good thing I have two more tubs sitting here!
    -Should note some may wonder about the splitting of my pre-workout doses and splitting stim doses etc. Personally I have a decent amount of free time before I lift and I prefer to take Craze nearly an hour out from lifting (takes it like 45 minutes before it really "hits" me). If I didn't have all this time I would probably mix things all together and sip them a little longer but some taste better mixed this current way. The split stimmage helps sustain things a little bit better for me too (stims don't really hit me very hard, Craze is different but it still isn't like what most say they experience when the stims hit IME).

Plan on putting the final review up next week. Will finish the log up with the last bit of AnaBeta next week as well before taking a little break from logging to try Alphamine plus some basics for a month then maybe some cool new log will pop up. Got something interesting planned if everything works out the way it is setting up.

9. Like the seasonal pop tarts!! Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

10. Oct. 20

Pre-workout: 1 scoop Craze an hour pre-workout. 3 scoops Protocol + .5 scoop Alphamine + 1 scoop Protocol sipped 15 minutes pre and throughout warm-up.

Training:
    5/3/1 Deadlift Day

Deadlift:
    3 warm up sets.
    3 sets of 3 with final set at 315lbs.

Felt nice and clean.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 at 225 for Squat and with the Ab Wheel for Ab Rollouts.

Hips were feeling really tight today for some reason. Did some extra stretching and felt better and was able to make it through this. Was easier than last week. Decreased rest intervals from last week as well and was pretty beat after this, but not trashed.

Conditioning:

Let my workout partner decide what to do. Horrible decision. He pushed it real hard and I was beat by the end. Did some crazy prowler sprints, etc. Haven;t pushed the conditioning real hard in awhile so it was a nice change of pace.

Diet:

Not sure if I will go out later and get something, but if not it'll probably be real similar macros to most training days.

Supplement Notes:

-Got some great sleep last night, but am noticing a difference in sleep quality since stopping Test Powder. Not as deep the past couple days and haven't had any vivid dreams this week. Not sure if there is a "lag" time in which despite stopping dosages that there are still some effects, but I haven't noticed much if there is one.
    -Woke up nice and full, but lean this morning after yesterday's food.
    -Once again not fatigued like earlier in the week, but not as nice as yesterday.

Side note:
    -I got a tub of Jacked Micro in a promo a little while back. Haven't used any of it yet myself but have been letting my lifting partner dip into it. Today he was feeling awesome, hence the prowler craziness. He is noting insane endurance in his words. Not a ton of stimulation but great pumps and endurance after a couple weeks using it. I will try some soon.

11. I seem to be having the exact same results from this stack so far pumps and strength are crazy. TP+Craze is an awesome combo it really puts me in the zone. Let me know what you think about the jack3d micro. I have been curious about trying it

12. Once again a little delay in the posting of this. Sorry guys.

Oct. 22

Upped CHO in the pre-workout shake/meal today.

Pre-workout: 1.5 serving Craze 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol + 1 scoop Compete 15 minutes before lift.

Training:
    5/3/1 Bench Day

3 sets for warm-up.
    1 set of 5, 1 set of 3, then did a couple heavy singles. The first single at 225 was easy so sad what the hell lets toss ten on and get 235. Got it pretty easy as well but decided no need to keep going.

Honestly feel my bench is pretty week and before this run with 531 I used to pretty much exclusively do dumbbell bench. So this was the most I have had in my hands for barbell ever. Didn't feel hard just weird because not used to the "heaviness". Ya that sounds lame. :weak:

Assistance work:

Kept most of the myo-rep work at real high reps/light. Kind of as a test to see how much it has improved since week 1 on AnaBeta.

Don't have my training journal on hand so these are estimates. So don't be if the numbers change when I do my final review for comparisons. Also some were real high reps and I may have miscounted.

Military Press 85lbs 20 reps + 12
    Lat Pulldown 165lbs 12 reps + 12
    Barbell Curl 55lbs 25-30 reps + 15
    Rope Extension Plate 14 25 reps + 15
    Cable Flies Plate 10 26-27 reps + 12

Heh. Honestly for the arm work the reps got so high that by the time I was done I thought I would pop. Literally inhibited by the pump (not something that happens in my training very often). Everything was pretty wrecked by the end of this work.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:
    Hit 3200 calories. 250/400/65

Supplement Notes:

Well high reps on this now that AnaBeta is nearing the end as opposed to at the start of this log was beyond crazy. Literally inhibited the later myo-reps as I could hardly flex my bis and tris. I hate this and hate arm work in general but know some people live for it...

Strength felt good. Starting to note some aches and tightness in certain trouble spots. Usually when I feel this creeping a nice deload takes care of it perfectly. Nothing bad right now just can tell this is getting towards the end of where I am going.

Built up to 5g of Alphamine in the morning and another 3g serving later in the day on off days (Craze later in the day before training on training days). Honestly don't notice much stim even here. Will go up to full 2 scoops next week (not that it matters in this log), but my stim tolerance is annoying. Noticing good thermo effect and nice mood enhancements with this.

Kind of random note/rant. Weight is fluctuating more than usual. I'll post some comparison pics from 2 months til now at the end of this week in the final review. It was bothering me pretty hard the day of this workout though. Definitely not as lean as I was several months ago and was confused at how much muscle I may have added vs fat since my cut. I have had several people this week comment I am looking more muscular lately. Looking at the pics though it appears I may have lost some fat during this two months (I gained way too quick immediately following my cut which is probably what has me ranting). O well got everything pretty much squared away training wise for awhile now.

Expect an update today or tomorrow after I get my Squat lift in today.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I seem to be having the exact same results from this stack so far pumps and strength are crazy. TP+Craze is an awesome combo it really puts me in the zone. Let me know what you think about the jack3d micro. I have been curious about trying it
    Will do on the Micro. If it means anything my training partner loves it. He is pretty basic with supplements though (creatine/beta alanine/some protein powders/etc.), but has tried hemavol too. He likes the endurance on Micro better and feel its helped his conditioning for bball and when we hit the prowler after our workouts.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Will do on the Micro. If it means anything my training partner loves it. He is pretty basic with supplements though (creatine/beta alanine/some protein powders/etc.), but has tried hemavol too. He likes the endurance on Micro better and feel its helped his conditioning for bball and when we hit the prowler after our workouts.
    Good to know. I am usually a sucker for stims but thinking about taking a break from anything too stim heavy so this might be what I am looking for

15. You will love Micro then CAT
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

16. Oct. 24

Same pre-workout shake set up as Monday. If you care 1 scoop CCB Protean and Chocolate UP2.0 + .5 scoop GlycoMyx + 8oz Coconut Milk + 4oz Coconut water. Mixed up insanely thick so had to add some extra water after drinking some. Awesome stuff...

1.5 scoop Craze 45 minutes pre + 3 scoops Protocol + 1 scoop Compete 15 minutes pre.

Training:
    5/3/1 Squat Day

3 sets of warm ups.
    Finished with one rep at 380lbs.

Long story short forgot my notebook with the planned workout. Been feeling the Squats and Deads "heavy" days have been easy and figured I needed some near max numbers to help determine numbers for my upcoming workouts. While it probably isn't optimal or even the best estimate given the time, me and my workout partner decided to just warm up and hit 3 heavy singles peaking at a top weight. I was gonna stop at 345 but it went extremely smooth and my workout partner just stared and said "you ain't done fool". So we threw on 380 (a goal I had when starting 531 earlier in the year). Wasn't smooth and had a little grind, but hell I got it. Shoulda brought the Ipad to check form/depth but whatever.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 with 245 on Deadlift and bunch of random ab stuff inbetween.

Felt easier than last week, but by the last set I was finished. The heavy singles had me tired and the drive off the floor was much harder as I got fatigued.

Conditioning:

Honestly just some light prowler walks. Not even sure how many or distance (I was pretty spacey by the end of this workout) but I think it was 4 or 5 30yd trips? Eh

Diet:

Might just eat whatever later. Not in a "o Ima binge" mentality but a huge portions of whatever I am eating mentality.

Notes:

-Weight fluctuations are all over the place. Been pounding some water since the lift as I feel I may have been a little low on fluids after how hard I was sweating today. These fluctuations are doing funky things to me mentally, but o well.

-Honestly didn't expect to go for that 380 today, but glad I did. I started 531 a while back ago this year and probably did underestimate my maxes for DL and Squat but I think this may be a PR. Definitely a PR at this current body weight. Figured what the hell as I am probably finished with 531 for the time being and I felt awesome today. No aches, no tightness, no anything. Partner hit a PR as well so good session for all.

-Did scrape my shin on DL pretty bad today and peeled a scab. Was bleeding quite a bit and had to dress the leg up. Felt like I looked retarded but o well.

-Depending on how I feel after pushing it this hard today I may just back off and deload starting now, we shall see if I feel like pushing it on these next two workouts, but I probably will due to being stubborn.

17. interesting on the weight - mine has been a bit non-steady as i track myself.
    nice work on the pr!

-Did scrape my shin on DL pretty bad today and peeled a scab. Was bleeding quite a bit and had to dress the leg up. Felt like I looked retarded but o well.

-Depending on how I feel after pushing it this hard today I may just back off and deload starting now, we shall see if I feel like pushing it on these next two workouts, but I probably will due to being stubborn.
    i'm sure you will do what feels right, when the time comes.

really nice work and progress in here bolt, continually impressive.
    finish up strong mayne!

18. Too lazy to post the pic but I a ton of wood to move off the driveway up the hill into the backyard today. Wasn't a full cord but idk how much we ordered really. Lifting a wheel barrow up a hill for probably 2 total hours of work was beyond difficult after yesterdays lift. O well.

I felt really good today..other than some insane doms on the entire posterior chain and quads.

In truth I am feeling awesome and not as run down as I typically get towards the end of some of my 531 cycles. Means deload week next week will be mentally challenging and I will still get a normal lift in tomorrow.

Thanks Snags! Bought myself some pumpkin pie, cinnamon crunch, and chocolate chip bagels at Panera today...plan on punishing several tomorrow for a treat.

19. I am new to the site and I am very interested and impressed by your log. I am getting ready to run my first "stack" after several years of basic supplementation. I am not familiar with the 5/3/1 split you are using and it does not come up in a search of the forums. Would you be willing to explain the process a little? It is not my intention to hijack your log. I am just curious because I am trying to build a routine to coincide with my stack. Was thinking about the DTP routine but would like to know more about 5/3/1. I am looking to do a recomp...lose fat, add muscle. WHO ISN'T??

20. Quote Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
    I am new to the site and I am very interested and impressed by your log. I am getting ready to run my first "stack" after several years of basic supplementation. I am not familiar with the 5/3/1 split you are using and it does not come up in a search of the forums. Would you be willing to explain the process a little? It is not my intention to hijack your log. I am just curious because I am trying to build a routine to coincide with my stack. Was thinking about the DTP routine but would like to know more about 5/3/1. I am looking to do a recomp...lose fat, add muscle. WHO ISN'T??
    Google: Jim Wendler 5/3/1 system and you should find it. It's an e-book for purchase and quite detailed.

21. Quote Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
    I am new to the site and I am very interested and impressed by your log. I am getting ready to run my first "stack" after several years of basic supplementation. I am not familiar with the 5/3/1 split you are using and it does not come up in a search of the forums. Would you be willing to explain the process a little? It is not my intention to hijack your log. I am just curious because I am trying to build a routine to coincide with my stack. Was thinking about the DTP routine but would like to know more about 5/3/1. I am looking to do a recomp...lose fat, add muscle. WHO ISN'T??
    As noted above just google Jim Wendler 531. Buy the Ebook and profit. It is only around $20 and provides lots of good info and makes things pretty simple.

22. Hey bud, I wanted to ask you a question about your accessory exercises. I saw how one DL session you followed with 70% DLs of 5x10 and another where you folllowed DLs with 5x10 squats. Do you change them each time? I was just keeping the same accessory for the whole 3 week cycle.

23. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Hey bud, I wanted to ask you a question about your accessory exercises. I saw how one DL session you followed with 70% DLs of 5x10 and another where you folllowed DLs with 5x10 squats. Do you change them each time? I was just keeping the same accessory for the whole 3 week cycle.
    I switched the assistance DL and Squat for the cycle during this log. I may have mistyped one time if I did DL 5 x 10 as assistance for deadlift day. I would keep them the same for a minimum of one three week cycle. Sorry for any confusion.

24. Thx,that is what I thought.

25. Bout done with the Final Review! Ate a nice Pumpkin Pie Bagel from Panera with some Ice Cream as part of my post-workout treat to myself today.

26. Thank you!! I will find it and buy it today.

27. Hopefully final review will be up tomorrow. Just as long as my work shift isn't too long and I don't get caught up in all the college football going on.

Got busy tonight with some stuff, but most of it is typed just finishing some minor things up.

28. Looking forward to the review bro!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

29. Maybe I am just being a tease, but review is on delay until after the gym today. Feeling extra fresh today so I will see how the final Deadlift workout before deload goes to add to the review. It is on the way though I promise!

30. Looking forward to it. Have a great workout bolt.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to combat the effects of my new job
    By allday54 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2