Bolt Testifies to the Effectiveness of PES/USPLabs

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
lol I ain't talking to you Mr.AppNut , you have ignored my log thus far.
Fair enough. In my defense I have been away from here for a few days and only got in on Bolt's log because he likes to get an early start. By early, I mean that he starts a log once he applies for a promo hoping to one day have something to write about!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Fair enough. In my defense I have been away from here for a few days and only got in on Bolt's log because he likes to get an early start. By early, I mean that he starts a log once he applies for a promo hoping to one day have something to write about!
Lol I have always begun my logs with all the stats, pics and all on the day I make first dose or day of ar***** ;p Celly tradition!

Back to Bolt!! Don't derail this thread like you do with all Dewey Sheesh!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ahaa
you nerd. :p
nah man, actually it sounds like you're pretty passionate about your interest, and i think that's cool on any level.
and as far as scheduling things - i jest about anality, as there is a picture of me next to the word in Webster's.
Ya its part of my personality as well. It is hard in a world full of people not nearly as exact and anal as I am!

My supplement stash is only *****ed by my true weakness....my addiction to comic books. :eek:

Edit: mad R I V A L is censored. :eek:

Lol I have always begun my logs with all the stats, pics and all on the day I make first dose or day of ar***** ;p Celly tradition!

Back to Bolt!! Don't derail this thread like you do with all Dewey Sheesh!
No worries about the derail. ;)

I honestly feel that logs are a pretty big responsibility and not something to be taken lightly. Shouldn't slack off because it is a great opportunity awarded by the companies that grant the logs. I always feel bad when I see someone get selected and slack off or not even complete a review. :soapbox:

On a side note...this thread was glitching the hell out of me at home. Tried to post and lost my daily update. Saved my second attempt, but I am at work now and don't have it so I will post it when I get back home tonight if this thread allows it.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah AM has been funny for me today too bro. I totally agree with you on the fact that some people don't take logs serious enough...it is rather annoying seeing a company put their hopes in someone for honest and continuous feedback and only get back a mediocre attempt! I just like starting it on day one hehe, and was kinda busy to pre-start the thread :p! Now lets see if I can get closer to a chiseled physique like yours with this run!! Any progress counts in this decade-long battle we all wage against our bodies to sculpt them into perfect masterpieces!!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah AM has been funny for me today too bro. I totally agree with you on the fact that some people don't take logs serious enough...it is rather annoying seeing a company put their hopes in someone for honest and continuous feedback and only get back a mediocre attempt! I just like starting it on day one hehe, and was kinda busy to pre-start the thread :p! Now lets see if I can get closer to a chiseled physique like yours with this run!! Any progress counts in this decade-long battle we all wage against our bodies to sculpt them into perfect masterpieces!!
Ya I don't apply for logs very often. I try to be nice but most things look like crap and I am very picky when it comes to things I want to try...Speaking of decade long battles, look at this nonsense that was at my desk when I got to work. Trying to tempt me!

Nonsense.jpg

Sept. 21:

Slept like crap last night so I was fatigued this morning. Took 2 Anabeta with 2 scoops Test Powder then had my Ultra Peptide + GlycoMyx combo that I often drink a couple hours pre-workout.

Pre workout was a little different due to this and other factors: 3 scoops Protocol + 1 serving Craze. Combo wasn't the greatest taste wise but seemed to do the trick for training.

Training:
5/3/1 Squat Day

Hit the usual foam rolling routine and am not feeling any real trigger spots lately. Feels awesome. Jump roped for a good warm up and did some hip mobilization before diving into my workout.

Squat:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets of 3 with 275 the last set.

Felt great today. Strength was up and the weight increases each set didn't seem to alter bar speed. If I was pushing it here I could have possibly hit some rep PRs.

Assistance work:

Deadlifts:
5 sets of 10 at 205lbs superset with 5 sets of 10 on Hanging Leg Raises

Added 2 sets of 20 reps for Reverse Hyper superset with seated Calf Raises.

Felt huge today for some reason. Whole body was pumped despite no upper body work. Awesome feel to this lift session.

Conditioning:

Took 1 serving of Ultima + 1 scoop Protocol + 1.5 additional grams Leucine before this session.

Due to work schedule and other issues I hit my conditioning in the evening as opposed to directly after my lift. May try this for a week or two and see how it differs. Did 8 trips about 35 yards with the prowler for the main portion of this session. Also did some dynamic warm up, rotator cuff work, and activation work (sprints/jumps) to get myself ready to go. Short and to the point (only about 20 minutes total), but was still brutal. Totally soaked in sweat by the end.

Diet:

Not done yet but aiming for:
~3200 Calories 260/380/70

Supplement Notes:

I don't know if maybe I was sick and I got over it last night, but I felt pretty invincible today. No real stomach issues and great energy despite lack of sleep (Craze helped with this). Should note I have been taking some Craze in the mornings when I get up early if I need something to get me going, so I doubt it is why I am feeling this great, but it probably is additive to it. Idk if the Test Powder is kicking in or I am placeboing but I feel amazing so far today. Felt like I was sticking my chest out during my lift, which sounds retarded but I felt good. :p

2 caps Anabeta were also taken with post-workout meal. Stuff may be kicking in extra hard right now. Weight is up, but as opposed to how I felt a little soft yesterday I feel leaner today. Probably mental due to this top of the world feeling I have right now, but I'll take it. ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shout out to ZiR RED. I had some questions on TMG and he gave me some prompt answers. This is a very interesting ingredient in my opinion and is dosed effectively at 2 scoops of Ultima. It is also included in the formula of Test Powder and therefore I will be getting a pretty hefty dose of it through this combo. While there are too many other things included for me to try and single out benefits of the higher dose, in theory it may be beneficial.

Also, check the link for a great thread with studies/discussion on this ingredient. Of key importance is some of the info on the actions of TMG as a methyl donor and helping with the effectiveness of DAA (hence its inclusion in the TP formula IMO). Click the link for much more in depth info:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/183806-betaine-ergogenic-aid.html

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sept. 22:

Always love getting to sleep in even an hour more on Saturdays. Woke up fresh and ready to go.

Took TP + 2 AB with usual morning shake.

Pre-workout: 2 scoops Ultima + 3 scoops Protocol

Training:
5/3/1 OHP Day

Some shoulder mobilization work, but not much warm up. Was all ready loose and warm from work.

OHP:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets of 3 with 120 the last set.

This is probably my absolute worst exercise. Neglected these horribly and only added them back in several months ago. I say that because today this actually felt good. First time that OHP hasn't felt hard no matter what weight.

Assistance work:

Myo-Reps:
Inverted Row w/ Rings 21 reps + 16
Bench Press 145lbs 20 reps + 12
Triceps Extension 25lbs 18 reps + 15
DB Curl 25lbs 17 reps + 15
DB Upright Row 20lbs 20 reps + 15 (R), 19 reps + 15(L)

Goal was to up the weights or difficulty and stay around 15-20 reps during the activation work. In general that was accomplished but strength on the Bench Press was good so I got the same despite increased weight. Thought the Inverted Row w/ Rings would be harder so I either got stronger or it was easier. Arm work was brutal. My arms feel weak as hell on these high reps and compared to old training logs this is pitiful (but I haven't been doing dedicated arm work or high rep work for prob. 5-6 months together). :excuses: ;)

Overall felt pumped to an extreme level. May dial the calories back slightly as weight was up more at this point than I was anticipating. No matter how I rationalize it I know at this level in my development anything over a certain "limit" usually isn't lean mass gain, but strength is feeling great. :D

Conditioning:

No conditioning today.

Diet:

Not done yet but aiming for:
~3100 Calories 260/360/70

About to go make some Sloppy Joes! :D :D :D

Supplement Notes:

May be nothing or could be something, but I have had some real freaky dreams the last few nights. As in weird and creepy, full of paranoid crap. Not necessarily nightmares but definitely not good ol times.

Felt awesome again today, mood is definitely elevated, but I was also angered quickly. That isn't really a new thing as I have some anger issues that I have calmed dramatically the last year or so. They still pop out at times though and today was one of those times, so probably not supplement related.

Had some good vids today but my lifting partner is crazy and half the things he said and filmed were so non-lifting related that posting would be questionable. :eek:

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i don't dream much (well, i don't remember too many of them anyway) but i hate it when i do have weird/bad dreams that i remember..not cool. :(

workouts looking good man, nice format here too (as usual).

boltster runs such nice clean logs. :clap2:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i don't dream much (well, i don't remember too many of them anyway) but i hate it when i do have weird/bad dreams that i remember..not cool. :(

workouts looking good man, nice format here too (as usual).

boltster runs such nice clean logs. :clap2:
Thanks snag.

Had more crazy dreams last night, don't really remember them just remember waking up to pee and thinking what the heck....

Sept. 23:

Complete off day. Will be enjoying chilling out, reading, and then watching some NFL this afternoon. :cool:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sept. 24

Felt tired this morning. Stayed up to watch Baltimore win last night and honestly I feel old! At 10 I was so weary, but I wake up easily in the mornings just takes a little time to get going. Trying a little different approach today:

Cut the GlycoMyx out of my shake this morning and went with Vanilla Iso-100 + Strawberry UP 2.0 in Coconut Milk. Love the sweetness Iso-100 added to this shake. Popped 2 AnaBeta with this meal.

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 1 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 1 serving (2 scoops Protocol) 15 minutes before lift.

Training:
5/3/1 Deadlift Day

Hips felt great today. Loose and ready to go. A little more pain rolling on the foam roller today in my IT band compared to last week, but nothing major. Rolled that crap out and was good to go. Was chilly in the facility today so I did all my warm-ups in sweatpants and hoody. Was nice and warm by the working sets and felt great. I love warming up in sweats when it is cold opposed to it being hot in the gym and being warm before actually "warming up"... :p

Deadlift:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets with final set 1 rep at 320.

Pitiful to call this a single. Was beyond easy. O well slow and steady wins the race! (I guess..)

Assistance work:

Squats 5 sets of 10 at 185lbs superset with Ab Wheel Rollouts 5 sets of 12-15.

Squats felt pretty easy today as well. Therefore I improvised and sets 2-5 were done with no rest at top or bottom trying to keep a constant tension with a controlled eccentric and concentric. Pump was painful and I regretted this decision, painful but not difficult. :D

Cut it short there to get out of the gym at a good time.

Conditioning:

1 scoop Test Powder + 1 scoop Ultima + 2 scoops Protocol ~45 minutes before this session.

10 trips of 35 yards with the prowler. Started with walking then slowly picked up the pace by the last 5 sets. No full "sprint" but deliberately powerful steps trying to drive the knees hard. Rest was determined by how slow my workout partner was pushing the prowler back. Felt real easy today.

Diet:

~3100 Calories 260/375/60

Put a new tank on the grill and made some Turkey for today and tomorrow:

Turkey.jpg

Supplement Notes:

Really enjoyed the Craze + Test Powder combo. Taste was actually pretty good and had a good sense of euphoria and well being for quite some time afterwards. As noted strength was high today. Workout felt like the easiest of this log so far.

Dreams are still beyond creepy. I don't recall them all but the ones I do. :eek:

I have been sore beyond belief during the past several workouts, but I haven't been doing this kind of training recently so the extra volume/type of training is kicking me all over the place. Not feeling run down though.

Got this in the mail today:
Micro.jpg

Would love to add this in but don't know if I want to complicate the log. Unless I want to make this a MicroTestify log as Natty would call it. ;)

Either way will probably try this stuff out in a couple weeks as this log finishes up/gets closer to the end.

Overall really enjoying this combo so far as we get close to one week in with both products.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Solid workout. Deadlifts, squats, and the prowler all in one day is pure hell on the legs. I finally got a Foam roller as well so I can't wait to start using it

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you like Craze, Micro won't impress you much.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid workout. Deadlifts, squats, and the prowler all in one day is pure hell on the legs. I finally got a Foam roller as well so I can't wait to start using it
Ya can be awkward learning to use it right at first, but it is great once you get the hang of it. Can't imagine not using it anymore.

pfffft old huh.
:kabong:

love the grill shot! :thumbsup:
Old isn't the word I am looking for. I still feel young but I have a time limit on my day before I become decommissioned. :p

I grill several times a week and turkey is probably the number one protein source in my diet. :eek:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you like Craze, Micro won't impress you much.
:( Sad to hear that. O well will still try it out eventually, but ya Craze has made most stims seem lacking to me.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree with you about Craze. That stuff lights me up. Micro is not a stim based performance enhancer for a pre. It shines more in the endurance/pump arena.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with you about Craze. That stuff lights me up. Micro is not a stim based performance enhancer for a pre. It shines more in the endurance/pump arena.
That is what I was hoping for out of it. Never used Arginine Nitrate but have experience with other Nitrate products and half enjoyed them (and I definitely love Citrulline and Agmatine).

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then Micro will be a goody for you. Me, I need a little more kick in the ass to get this old horse running.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Tim send you that bracelet?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tim send you that bracelet?
:D

Naw my dad is obsessed with these things so he made me one that matches some work attire. Should get him to do a blue and black one and a black and red one and call is the PES combo. ;)

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My 9 yr old daughter was all over it. She would not stop asking about it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sept. 26

Got a ton of sleep the night before and felt awesome when I woke up.

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
5/3/1 Bench Day

Shoulders are feeling the best they have in awhile. Got a decent amount of shoulder prep in before doing my warm up today.

Bench:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets with final set 1 rep at 215.

Paused at the bottom and fired up. Felt easy today. Strength is definitely going up.

Assistance work:

Myo-Reps for upper (actually have my journal today ;)):

Military Press 95lbs 12 reps + 9
Lat Pulldown 120lbs 19 reps + 16
Barbell Curl 75lbs 15 reps + 12
Rope Extension Plate 15 16 reps + 15
Cable Flies Plate 11 15 reps + 8

Felt really good today. Strength was definitely up as I added weight to everything and had very minor decreases in reps. The only exercise that I struggled with was the Cable Flies. By the end of the workout I was winded and tired, but still managed decent numbers there. Pump was huge.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

I am not entirely sure. Went to another burger place and had a great burger and sweet potato fries post workout. :D

Other meals were high protein and moderate carbs.

Supplement Notes:

Sleep is really great right now. I feel the Test Powder is doing something to help with this. Sleeping deeply and waking up rested. Makes starting the day feel great.

Definitely feeling more muscle fullness and chest is looking to have filled out slightly (over the whole duration of this log not just this last week with Test Powder added). Have put on a little more fat at this point in my bulk, but with burgers and such usually once a week I can't complain. ;)

Strength is definitely trending up. While I am not going for rep PRs or hitting new maxes the weights I am handling are feeling easier than the week before even if they are heavier.

Weight is up the last couple weeks as well. More than I was shooting for but there will be plenty of time to lean out soon. :)

Also, note that I have been taking 6 AnaBeta per day usually 2 with Pre-workout meal, 2 with Post-workout meal, and 2 with last meal of the day (just pointing this out as I haven't been posting when I take them daily).

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sept. 28

Really getting great sleep which has me waking up before the alarm every morning.

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
5/3/1 Squat Day

Had a little more build up to roll out on the foam roller than the last couple weeks, but it is lower than a couple days ago. Had to break the lacrosse ball out again for some of the work. :(

Bench:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets with final set 1 rep at 295.

Felt like a joke. May have to increase estimated max more than the usual bump because I wasn't even struggling at 295.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 for Deadlifts at 205 superset with Ab Strap Leg Raises.

Strength is feeling awesome. While the way my work is laid out I don't do anything that isn't planned, the weights are feeling much easier than a week ago. Due to this I shortened the rest times to just long enough to stop breathing really heavy and got right into the sets.

Conditioning:

Was attending something this evening so I did the conditioning right after my typical lift. 6 trips walking with the prowler 35 yards. Technically I started with a slow push and increased speed each trip until I was pretty tired and then called it a day. More mentally challenging than anything. ;)

Diet:

Due to insanely random work issues, going somewhere tonight and car issues I ended up not having all the food I planned to have for the day. :rolleyes:

Ended roughly at 2700 cals at ~250/315/50.

Supplement Notes:

As I keep noting sleep is awesome right now. Not even waking up to pee at my usual time (typically I wake up once to hit the restroom 4-5 times a week). Feeling rested upon waking.

I do seem to be more tired by the end of the day. As I type this my eyes are drooping and it isn't even that "late". Not really fatigue either just like I am getting into a earlier sleep pattern.

Weight is stabilizing and maybe even down a 1lbs this week. I feel my chest definitely looks fuller, yet more defined. From a purely BROscience observation this tends to happen to me. When I take certain test boosters I tend to appear leaner in the arms/shoulders/chest, yet not anywhere else. Maybe fat is being redeposited in different places or w/e or my mind is just always tricking me. Either way I wouldn't say my body fat percentage is down, but I feel I look "better". Guess that is all that really matters tho. ;)

Craze + Test Powder is epic. Sends me a great mood throughout the day (workout around noon). Not necessarily a longer energy duration than just craze but definitely improved mood than when used alone.

Finally as noted before the TP + AnaBeta combo seems to be doing wonders for my strength/ease of moving the weight. :thumbsup:

Now time for some sleep before work tomorrow. :D

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say that my TP/AB stack is one of my favorites to date. Like you say, you just feel on your game. Now I need to throw some Craze into the mix! Lol

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm waiting for some Craze to arrive after a 2 month break from it. Can't wait to add it pre workout with TP, which has me in a great mood already.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say that my TP/AB stack is one of my favorites to date. Like you say, you just feel on your game. Now I need to throw some Craze into the mix! Lol
I'm waiting for some Craze to arrive after a 2 month break from it. Can't wait to add it pre workout with TP, which has me in a great mood already.
Ya it is an awesome combo for sure, can't downplay the importance of a strong mindset especially before hitting the weights. The Test Powder has really kicked things up a notch this last week. Interested to see how the rest of the tub goes.

Off to work for a little bit then hitting the iron. :cool:

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I'm so late to this log but just read it all and you're doing hell of job with it. I've actually been looking in to test powder lately so this log is exactly what I needed. Keep up the good work man.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sept. 29

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol +.5 severing Craze 15 minutes before/while I warmed up.

Training:
5/3/1 OHP Day

Did some shoulder warm ups and general dynamic warm up just to get the whole body warm and ready to go.

OHP:
3 warm up sets
3 working sets with final set 1 rep at 130lbs.

As with the theme this week this felt easy. Normally the heavier sets on OHP seem to be hard even if I get the reps. Today this last set moved up pretty effortlessly.

Assistance work:

Myo-reps as usual.

Inverted Row w/ feet on Physioball 15 reps + 15
Bench Press 155lbs 14 reps + 12
Triceps Extension 25lbs 20 reps + 15
DB Curl 30lbs 13 reps + 12

Also did a series of varies band raises/pull-aparts for some rear delt/rotator cuff work.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

Will edit at the end of the day. Aiming for 3100 calories today similar to usual macros.

Supplement Notes:

Ok not sure exactly what the deal is buy weight is down a pound from last week. Could be due to a very slight decrease in calories or possibly some water loss. I may be experiencing the whoosh right now. Was feeling a little puffy last week and assumed it was fat gain. Today though I was looking leaner (or possibly dry) and chest was definitely looking more defined than last week. So either water or fat loss, either way looking better this week IMO.

Sleep and mood are at some pretty high levels right now. Feeling great (and they could be both intertwined in their effects). Work and life have been a little more stressful lately but noticing no real mood issues other than pissed off more lately (due to the life circumstances) but overall letting quite a bit of it roll off.

Muscle fullness is topped off right now. Last night after my last meal I was feeling really pumped and felt like I wanted to lift. Of course I didn't but it was a cool feeling.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also should note when I say I look leaner today that I mean in the ab region, calves, and shoulders as well as my chest. Not just the arms and chest like I was noting yesterday. Could just be some water loss, etc. so we will see how it continues to play out (could be due to slightly different marcos yesterday etc etc). :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also should note when I say I look leaner today that I mean in the ab region, calves, and shoulders as well as my chest. Not just the arms and chest like I was noting yesterday. Could just be some water loss, etc. so we will see how it continues to play out (could be due to slightly different marcos yesterday etc etc). :D
Leaner is good! :)

I'm finished bulking and now am in shred mode! Let's rock this sh1t bro!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leaner is good! :)

I'm finished bulking and now am in shred mode! Let's rock this sh1t bro!
Ya I plan to start a pretty decent cut in November. Goal is to get super lean and try and maintain that. :D

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya I plan to start a pretty decent cut in November. Goal is to get super lean and try and maintain that. :D
I have 27 days to get as lean as possible before test! :-D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much leaner can you get before you look like a poster for the neuromuscular system?

Also, who is Marcos? Is he your lover? I want to know what he did differently do you yesterday to make you look leaner.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much leaner can you get before you look like a poster for the neuromuscular system?

Also, who is Marcos? Is he your lover? I want to know what he did differently do you yesterday to make you look leaner.
Unfortunately I was not as lean as my avatar at the start of this log. I am still lean just not that lean right now. ;)

Hate when I spell things wrong....but Marcos may have worked some magic! :eek: :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oct. 1

As usual by now, Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
5/3/1 Bench Day

Deload week so the numbers on the 531 exercise are nothing impressive so won't post them. :p

Assistance work:

Although it is a deload week the goal right now is hypertrophy so the assistance work will be maintained (and then bumped up next week).
Myo-Reps:

Military Press 95lbs 12 reps + 12
Lat Pulldown 135lbs 16 reps + 16
Barbell Curl 75lbs 16 reps + 12
Rope Extension Plate 16 14 reps + 15
Cable Flies Plate 11 17 reps + 12

Not really feeling beat up or anything so everything is going right as planned. Got an awesome pump today and wasn't as winded as usual doing these sets. Didn't bump up the weight on most of these as I wanted to still stay above 12 reps on the activation set, but will be moving up next week and continually for the next month. These heavier sets on the Myo-reps seem like they are going to be hell.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

Aiming for 3100 calories today. Since it is a deload I will be a little more relaxed on this. An extra little bit of whatever I am eating if I am still hungry or craving it. That doesn't mean I will be cheating daily, just may be higher on calories than this last week or so.

Supplement Notes:

As noted above felt really good and less winded today, so the rest intervals were shorter. Strength once again was great. Pump was pretty impressive today as well.

Vascularity is also up lately. Been seeing random calf veins all day long in the legs, especially prominent after meals. At my current level of body fat this isn't unusual, but it is standing out more than it had been in the weeks prior.

Should note that it appears that I may have my first "side" appearing. I am breaking out on the chest/upper traps more than usual. I noticed this towards the end of last week but decided to wait and see if it continued. A little worse than last week, but nothing crazy and will keep note on how this changes.

Random Notes:

Adapting well to the program and weights/reps continually moving up. Really plan on pushing the 3 weeks after this week pretty hard. This week is a "deload" but the way I had this set up I am following a little higher on the percentages than a typical deload. Plan to really push this next month (as long as I still feel good) pretty hard and take a bigger deload in November if warranted. Listening to my body right now it doesn't really appear to want to deload at all. :D

Also, I didn't skip the deadlift workout but am switching the order around a tad. Today was Bench, Wed. will be Squat, Friday OHP, and Sat. will be Deadlift. Did this because my workout partner plays some rec. league bball on Friday nights and the workouts were leaving him pretty beat in the lower body by game time. This made today a little more rough as I had some residual soreness, but don't feel it hampered the lift based on how it went.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update for 10/01 and 10/02:

Calories yesterday ended up being around 3100 as planned, but might have been a bit lower. Came home to Hamburger soup and had several bowls and it filled me up pretty good but the stuff isn't very calorically dense. :eek:

Today was an off day and I was busy running around for work between several places. Also found some time to fit in a trip to see Looper at the movies. I really enjoyed it with the sci-fi plot and felt it was worth the trip (but I go to the movies at least once a week even to see some pretty crappy stuff :p ).N

Not that sore today from yesterday's lift. Feeling really fresh as well. I know I mentioned how I was having to take stims most of the mornings earlier in the log due to fatigue, but as this log has gone on that has lessened. Feel great every morning and definitely getting great sleep. Not much else to report today other than I did almost go into a full rage fest. Usually very rational but sometimes when beyond pointless stuff happens (like at work today...) I get "blurry" thoughts and risk becoming pretty irrational and angry. Oops. Didn't go crazy though, but definitely some added stress this week. :zx11pissed:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oct. 3

Went with 1 scoop Craze + 2 scoops Test Powder + 1/4-1/3 scoop Alphamine 45 minutes pre-workout and 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before.

It was my last scoop of Craze from this Grape tub and I wanted a little bit of an extra kick so I decided to try a little bit of Alphamine mixed in. Figured I was going to try this combo down the road some time and since I was out of any more Craze it was the perfect opportunity to test and make sure it didn't give me any bad reactions at low dose. Won't be using that combo anymore during this log though.

Luckily I did get a new tub of Berry Lemonade Craze in the mail yesterday along with a tub of Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine (which I will hopefully get to use during my cut/recomp in the not to distant future). :D

Training:
5/3/1 Squat Day

Once again this is a "deload" so weights aren't really anything crazy. They did feel insanely light despite taking the non deloading deload approach. ;)

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 with 205 on Deadlift and Hanging Knee Raise for 5 sets of 12.

Conditioning:

Kept it easy at 5 trips of ~35 yards pushing the prowler with minimal rest.

Diet:

Managed roughly 3100 calories, slightly higher on fat than usual workout days. Once again during the 4th week (deload) week of 531 cycles I usually am a little more relaxed and don't measure out everything/eat more if I really want to. Had some nice tacos for dinner but was full pretty quickly.

Supplement Notes:

The Alpha+TP+Craze combo was pretty cool. Nothing really extra above normal Craze+TP experiences so far in this log in terms of focus, mood, energy, etc. I did notice an insane amount of sweating though. This could possibly be the thermo effect of Alphamine or just the fact that it has been gross and muggy here lately and I just went with the loading doors open instead of AC at the gym. :eek:

Weights are feeling much easier on my 5 sets of 10 during the leg workouts and recovery has been pretty awesome as well. With that said I think going up to 70% 1-RM for these sets next week is going to be painful....

Will post up a more comprehensive review of how the Testify Stack is going so far when I get more free time as yesterday marked week 2 with the addition of Test Powder. Sad it is already that far into the run. :(

For a cliff note version of what is to be posted later I would say strength is definitely rising, muscle fullness is awesome, sleep and mood are great, but I am noticing some annoying acne and oily skin.

Sorry for some of the delays and not getting much other than just the workout notes lately, my computer is acting glitchy and making it beyond annoying to use and have had a crazy work week. Week 2 review of TP +AB will be up today/tomorrow at the latest. :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I did almost go into a full rage fest. :zx11pissed:
i have such a difficult time picturing this. :think:
you are so even-keeled in your posts, i can't imagine you blowing a gasket irl.

Sorry for some of the delays and not getting much other than just the workout notes lately
no apologies necessary, for anyone brother.
your log is clean and crisp, and exquisitely detailed.
rock on.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Yohimbine from Alphamine is where the sweat is from. I am using a pre with it and the sweat is rediculous. I agree with Snag also, your log is excellent bubba.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys. Ya I am pretty calm in real life as well unless it is something I am really passionate about. There are plenty of things online that annoy or piss me off but I always try to rationalize that points of view on line can be hard to determine and everyone is entitled to an opinion even if I think it is retarded. It is usually just easier for me to ignore people being stupid on here than to address all the dumb stuff said. ;)

With that said this thing at work is still grinding down on my patience, but there isn't really anything I can do so hopefully some of the higher ups can resolve it soon.

Just took a nap because I had to be up around 5:30 today (unusual for me) and needed some quick rest before I get to more work I have to get done. I note this because in that short 45min-1hr for the nap I had some freaky dreams. :(

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
everyone is entitled to an opinion even if I think it is retarded.
:biglaugh:

i know the dream thing is different source for us (TRS for me), but i had weird freaky dreams all last night too..
as i think we've talked before, i don't dream much (well don't remember them anyway).

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Week 2 Review of Test Powder + AnaBeta:

Going to keep this relatively simple and give more depth in a final review (2 weeks is a good time to see trends but not full picture for the use of most things non-stimulant based IMO). Just some basic impressions and positives and negatives so far. I know it is a giant Text Wall so I will try and work on the format for a better final review. :sorry:

AnaBeta Notes:

-I should note I started dosing 6 caps AnaBeta 2 weeks before the start of my Test Powder. I have used AnaBeta quite frequently and know how it usually "hits" me and what to expect.
-By the time TP was added vascularity, muscle fullness, and pumps in workouts had increased. Strength and endurance began to move up as well by the 2 week mark. Upped my CHO and dropped some Fats on workout days and AnaBeta seemed to help keep that in check. :cool:

Taste, mixability, dosing, etc:

-As noted earlier it is a good, but not great tasting product in my experience. It doesn't rank up there with my favorites and the Fruit Punch flavor isn't as good as Alphamine Fruit Punch, I do find it better than most other FPs I have had in the past. Easier to drink than say Clout or Creatine-RT Fruit Punch and is very light (doesn't seem to "thicken" the water when mixed). I have combined it with Craze, Protocol, and even some Compete just to see how the taste changes and it doesn't seem to over power other drinks, but has never made them taste any worse with its addition.
-The idea of a powder for a test boosting product was first for myself (I believe), but that is not really a plus or minus IMO. Maybe if you have issues stomaching some of the ingredients then sipping them over time with a meal or varying the dosage could be seen as a plus (didn't matter for myself).
-Never noticed any stomach discomfort even at full dose before a workout. Dosing this with a pre-workout meal also is easy to do or splitting one scoop early and one scoop later was nice, but I didn't notice any drastic difference in sleep with different dosing times.

Positives:

-Within a week I began to start to see some positive effects on mood and attitude. Definitely feel more "capable" going into the weight room and other areas of life, making accomplishing things easier (mind over matter).
-On a similar note I began to notice an increased frequency of dreams/nightmares after the first week. This slowed as I began to sleep throughout the entirety of the night (usually wake up at least once a night to pee, etc.). Don't recall most dreams as I sleep deeply and wake up feeling refreshed every morning. I had noted fatigue at the start of the log but by now I feel better every day I wake up and don't need a morning stim to get me moving for work.
-To take advantage of the mood enhancing benefits (and for some added stim pre-workout) I added Craze to my rotation. I dropped Ultima for the most part, but the combo of Craze and Test Powder has me pretty much euphoric beyond what even Craze typically does for me alone. Dialed in and insane workouts right now.
-By day 10 I feel things fully clicked in. The combo of Test Powder and AnaBeta has the weights I am using in my workouts feeling light regardless of my progression. I figured by this point I would be slowing down in my 5/3/1 progression, but I almost feel like I am moving too slow on this combo. Pumps and muscle fullness are also top notch right now. The combo of Agmatine and AnaBeta have me getting pumps when I do random things at work.
-Recovery is also top notch. I am blasting myself each workout (more volume/intensity than last month) and had been waking up pretty sore the initial weeks. This last week I would have intense DOMS the following day, but would feel a huge reduction of that within another 24 hours compared to previous weeks.
-Feel my chest has definitely filled out slightly and have gained a couple pounds this last month (4 weeks of AB with last 2 weeks also including Test Powder). Definitely not as lean as my Avi but don't think I have gained much fat (been at this awhile so I take the steady but constant approach).

Negatives:

-Don't have too much negative to say about this stack so far. AnaBeta doesn't ever seem to make me starving like some people notice and I have not noticed much hunger changes even with Test Powder. I eat plenty anyways. ;)
-I love AnaBeta partly for the fact that it never seems to cause me any negatives that even some natty products can bring (joint pain, etc).
-Nightmares aren't cool, but I have been sleeping through them for the most part. Taking naps is the worst though. I feel pretty groggy if I don't get a full sleep cycle and it seems to have me in a mental fog longer than my usual post nap comas. :eek:
-Worst thing I could mention is this acne. Chest, shoulders, and traps are breaking out pretty bad. This may be combined with the random warmth of this past week and me sweating more at work, but still this is worse than over the summer or when I ran ABE + Erase or Erase Pro for comparison.
-I have been dosing 2 scoops every day so the tub only lasts 24 days not even a full 4 weeks and it is kind of expensive. Based off the effects so far it may be worth it but we will see what these last couple weeks bring before a final decision on that.

If anyone has any specific questions about things I may not have addressed please let me know.

Edit: Added pics for a reference of where I am at now. Feel muscle fullness has increased but miss how lean I was several months ago. :(

Attachments

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job with the review bolt...very informative. Hope the stack continues to deliver for you.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
lookin pretty damn lean man - i think leaner (and fuller) than in your beginning pics.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree that you look fuller than the avi. Glad you are seeing good results. Makes me eager to start mine Sunday

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 2 Review of Test Powder + AnaBeta:

Going to keep this relatively simple and give more depth in a final review (2 weeks is a good time to see trends but not full picture for the use of most things non-stimulant based IMO). Just some basic impressions and positives and negatives so far. I know it is a giant Text Wall so I will try and work on the format for a better final review. :sorry:

AnaBeta Notes:

-I should note I started dosing 6 caps AnaBeta 2 weeks before the start of my Test Powder. I have used AnaBeta quite frequently and know how it usually "hits" me and what to expect.
-By the time TP was added vascularity, muscle fullness, and pumps in workouts had increased. Strength and endurance began to move up as well by the 2 week mark. Upped my CHO and dropped some Fats on workout days and AnaBeta seemed to help keep that in check. :cool:

Taste, mixability, dosing, etc:

-As noted earlier it is a good, but not great tasting product in my experience. It doesn't rank up there with my favorites and the Fruit Punch flavor isn't as good as Alphamine Fruit Punch, I do find it better than most other FPs I have had in the past. Easier to drink than say Clout or Creatine-RT Fruit Punch and is very light (doesn't seem to "thicken" the water when mixed). I have combined it with Craze, Protocol, and even some Compete just to see how the taste changes and it doesn't seem to over power other drinks, but has never made them taste any worse with its addition.
-The idea of a powder for a test boosting product was first for myself (I believe), but that is not really a plus or minus IMO. Maybe if you have issues stomaching some of the ingredients then sipping them over time with a meal or varying the dosage could be seen as a plus (didn't matter for myself).
-Never noticed any stomach discomfort even at full dose before a workout. Dosing this with a pre-workout meal also is easy to do or splitting one scoop early and one scoop later was nice, but I didn't notice any drastic difference in sleep with different dosing times.

Positives:

-Within a week I began to start to see some positive effects on mood and attitude. Definitely feel more "capable" going into the weight room and other areas of life, making accomplishing things easier (mind over matter).
-On a similar note I began to notice an increased frequency of dreams/nightmares after the first week. This slowed as I began to sleep throughout the entirety of the night (usually wake up at least once a night to pee, etc.). Don't recall most dreams as I sleep deeply and wake up feeling refreshed every morning. I had noted fatigue at the start of the log but by now I feel better every day I wake up and don't need a morning stim to get me moving for work.
-To take advantage of the mood enhancing benefits (and for some added stim pre-workout) I added Craze to my rotation. I dropped Ultima for the most part, but the combo of Craze and Test Powder has me pretty much euphoric beyond what even Craze typically does for me alone. Dialed in and insane workouts right now.
-By day 10 I feel things fully clicked in. The combo of Test Powder and AnaBeta has the weights I am using in my workouts feeling light regardless of my progression. I figured by this point I would be slowing down in my 5/3/1 progression, but I almost feel like I am moving too slow on this combo. Pumps and muscle fullness are also top notch right now. The combo of Agmatine and AnaBeta have me getting pumps when I do random things at work.
-Recovery is also top notch. I am blasting myself each workout (more volume/intensity than last month) and had been waking up pretty sore the initial weeks. This last week I would have intense DOMS the following day, but would feel a huge reduction of that within another 24 hours compared to previous weeks.
-Feel my chest has definitely filled out slightly and have gained a couple pounds this last month (4 weeks of AB with last 2 weeks also including Test Powder). Definitely not as lean as my Avi but don't think I have gained much fat (been at this awhile so I take the steady but constant approach).

Negatives:

-Don't have too much negative to say about this stack so far. AnaBeta doesn't ever seem to make me starving like some people notice and I have not noticed much hunger changes even with Test Powder. I eat plenty anyways. ;)
-I love AnaBeta partly for the fact that it never seems to cause me any negatives that even some natty products can bring (joint pain, etc).
-Nightmares aren't cool, but I have been sleeping through them for the most part. Taking naps is the worst though. I feel pretty groggy if I don't get a full sleep cycle and it seems to have me in a mental fog longer than my usual post nap comas. :eek:
-Worst thing I could mention is this acne. Chest, shoulders, and traps are breaking out pretty bad. This may be combined with the random warmth of this past week and me sweating more at work, but still this is worse than over the summer or when I ran ABE + Erase or Erase Pro for comparison.
-I have been dosing 2 scoops every day so the tub only lasts 24 days not even a full 4 weeks and it is kind of expensive. Based off the effects so far it may be worth it but we will see what these last couple weeks bring before a final decision on that.

If anyone has any specific questions about things I may not have addressed please let me know.

Edit: Added pics for a reference of where I am at now. Feel muscle fullness has increased but miss how lean I was several months ago. :(
Holy sh1t bro! You look ripped up like crazy! I also agree that you look a lot fuller then in the avi. Nice work man! Good review as well!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great job with the review bolt...very informative. Hope the stack continues to deliver for you.
lookin pretty damn lean man - i think leaner (and fuller) than in your beginning pics.
I agree that you look fuller than the avi. Glad you are seeing good results. Makes me eager to start mine Sunday
Holy sh1t bro! You look ripped up like crazy! I also agree that you look a lot fuller then in the avi. Nice work man! Good review as well!
Thanks for the comments guys. I am pretty hard on myself in my pursuit for improvements so I appreciate the feedback from outside sources. ;)

Definitely fuller than my avi and I should be based on weight gain. Goal of staying lean through this bulk has been pretty effective so far. One of my main problems is usually impatience and wanting to always see the scale moving up which usually ends with more unnecessary weight gain than warranted.

Woke up today and my upper back feels like I got hit with a crowbar repeatedly like Jason Todd (comic reference ;) ). :confused:

No idea why, but I tried rolling it out and it still hurts. Its weird because I have never felt anything like this before. It isn't DOMS (I didn't even lift yesterday), doesn't really feel like typical muscle pain or hurt during muscle contractions. O well hopefully it feels fine when I hit the gym a little later and it didn't hinder my work this morning so I'll be fine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigGame84 Supplements 17
The Solution Supplements 9
Supplements 49
klpfitness Supplements 5
Supplement Auction 3