Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I seem to be having the exact same results from this stack so far pumps and strength are crazy. TP+Craze is an awesome combo it really puts me in the zone. Let me know what you think about the jack3d micro. I have been curious about trying it

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Once again a little delay in the posting of this. Sorry guys.

Oct. 22

Upped CHO in the pre-workout shake/meal today.

Pre-workout: 1.5 serving Craze 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol + 1 scoop Compete 15 minutes before lift.

Training:
    5/3/1 Bench Day

3 sets for warm-up.
    1 set of 5, 1 set of 3, then did a couple heavy singles. The first single at 225 was easy so sad what the hell lets toss ten on and get 235. Got it pretty easy as well but decided no need to keep going.

Honestly feel my bench is pretty week and before this run with 531 I used to pretty much exclusively do dumbbell bench. So this was the most I have had in my hands for barbell ever. Didn't feel hard just weird because not used to the "heaviness". Ya that sounds lame. :weak:

Assistance work:

Kept most of the myo-rep work at real high reps/light. Kind of as a test to see how much it has improved since week 1 on AnaBeta.

Don't have my training journal on hand so these are estimates. So don't be if the numbers change when I do my final review for comparisons. Also some were real high reps and I may have miscounted.

Military Press 85lbs 20 reps + 12
    Lat Pulldown 165lbs 12 reps + 12
    Barbell Curl 55lbs 25-30 reps + 15
    Rope Extension Plate 14 25 reps + 15
    Cable Flies Plate 10 26-27 reps + 12

Heh. Honestly for the arm work the reps got so high that by the time I was done I thought I would pop. Literally inhibited by the pump (not something that happens in my training very often). Everything was pretty wrecked by the end of this work.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:
    Hit 3200 calories. 250/400/65

Supplement Notes:

Well high reps on this now that AnaBeta is nearing the end as opposed to at the start of this log was beyond crazy. Literally inhibited the later myo-reps as I could hardly flex my bis and tris. I hate this and hate arm work in general but know some people live for it...

Strength felt good. Starting to note some aches and tightness in certain trouble spots. Usually when I feel this creeping a nice deload takes care of it perfectly. Nothing bad right now just can tell this is getting towards the end of where I am going.

Built up to 5g of Alphamine in the morning and another 3g serving later in the day on off days (Craze later in the day before training on training days). Honestly don't notice much stim even here. Will go up to full 2 scoops next week (not that it matters in this log), but my stim tolerance is annoying. Noticing good thermo effect and nice mood enhancements with this.

Kind of random note/rant. Weight is fluctuating more than usual. I'll post some comparison pics from 2 months til now at the end of this week in the final review. It was bothering me pretty hard the day of this workout though. Definitely not as lean as I was several months ago and was confused at how much muscle I may have added vs fat since my cut. I have had several people this week comment I am looking more muscular lately. Looking at the pics though it appears I may have lost some fat during this two months (I gained way too quick immediately following my cut which is probably what has me ranting). O well got everything pretty much squared away training wise for awhile now.

Expect an update today or tomorrow after I get my Squat lift in today.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I seem to be having the exact same results from this stack so far pumps and strength are crazy. TP+Craze is an awesome combo it really puts me in the zone. Let me know what you think about the jack3d micro. I have been curious about trying it
    Will do on the Micro. If it means anything my training partner loves it. He is pretty basic with supplements though (creatine/beta alanine/some protein powders/etc.), but has tried hemavol too. He likes the endurance on Micro better and feel its helped his conditioning for bball and when we hit the prowler after our workouts.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Will do on the Micro. If it means anything my training partner loves it. He is pretty basic with supplements though (creatine/beta alanine/some protein powders/etc.), but has tried hemavol too. He likes the endurance on Micro better and feel its helped his conditioning for bball and when we hit the prowler after our workouts.
    Good to know. I am usually a sucker for stims but thinking about taking a break from anything too stim heavy so this might be what I am looking for
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

You will love Micro then CAT
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Oct. 24

Same pre-workout shake set up as Monday. If you care 1 scoop CCB Protean and Chocolate UP2.0 + .5 scoop GlycoMyx + 8oz Coconut Milk + 4oz Coconut water. Mixed up insanely thick so had to add some extra water after drinking some. Awesome stuff...

1.5 scoop Craze 45 minutes pre + 3 scoops Protocol + 1 scoop Compete 15 minutes pre.

Training:
    5/3/1 Squat Day

3 sets of warm ups.
    Finished with one rep at 380lbs.

Long story short forgot my notebook with the planned workout. Been feeling the Squats and Deads "heavy" days have been easy and figured I needed some near max numbers to help determine numbers for my upcoming workouts. While it probably isn't optimal or even the best estimate given the time, me and my workout partner decided to just warm up and hit 3 heavy singles peaking at a top weight. I was gonna stop at 345 but it went extremely smooth and my workout partner just stared and said "you ain't done fool". So we threw on 380 (a goal I had when starting 531 earlier in the year). Wasn't smooth and had a little grind, but hell I got it. Shoulda brought the Ipad to check form/depth but whatever.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 with 245 on Deadlift and bunch of random ab stuff inbetween.

Felt easier than last week, but by the last set I was finished. The heavy singles had me tired and the drive off the floor was much harder as I got fatigued.

Conditioning:

Honestly just some light prowler walks. Not even sure how many or distance (I was pretty spacey by the end of this workout) but I think it was 4 or 5 30yd trips? Eh

Diet:

Might just eat whatever later. Not in a "o Ima binge" mentality but a huge portions of whatever I am eating mentality.

Notes:

-Weight fluctuations are all over the place. Been pounding some water since the lift as I feel I may have been a little low on fluids after how hard I was sweating today. These fluctuations are doing funky things to me mentally, but o well.

-Honestly didn't expect to go for that 380 today, but glad I did. I started 531 a while back ago this year and probably did underestimate my maxes for DL and Squat but I think this may be a PR. Definitely a PR at this current body weight. Figured what the hell as I am probably finished with 531 for the time being and I felt awesome today. No aches, no tightness, no anything. Partner hit a PR as well so good session for all.

-Did scrape my shin on DL pretty bad today and peeled a scab. Was bleeding quite a bit and had to dress the leg up. Felt like I looked retarded but o well.

-Depending on how I feel after pushing it this hard today I may just back off and deload starting now, we shall see if I feel like pushing it on these next two workouts, but I probably will due to being stubborn.
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

interesting on the weight - mine has been a bit non-steady as i track myself.
    nice work on the pr!

-Did scrape my shin on DL pretty bad today and peeled a scab. Was bleeding quite a bit and had to dress the leg up. Felt like I looked retarded but o well.

-Depending on how I feel after pushing it this hard today I may just back off and deload starting now, we shall see if I feel like pushing it on these next two workouts, but I probably will due to being stubborn.
    i'm sure you will do what feels right, when the time comes.

really nice work and progress in here bolt, continually impressive.
    finish up strong mayne!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Too lazy to post the pic but I a ton of wood to move off the driveway up the hill into the backyard today. Wasn't a full cord but idk how much we ordered really. Lifting a wheel barrow up a hill for probably 2 total hours of work was beyond difficult after yesterdays lift. O well.

I felt really good today..other than some insane doms on the entire posterior chain and quads.

In truth I am feeling awesome and not as run down as I typically get towards the end of some of my 531 cycles. Means deload week next week will be mentally challenging and I will still get a normal lift in tomorrow.

Thanks Snags! Bought myself some pumpkin pie, cinnamon crunch, and chocolate chip bagels at Panera today...plan on punishing several tomorrow for a treat.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%

I am new to the site and I am very interested and impressed by your log. I am getting ready to run my first "stack" after several years of basic supplementation. I am not familiar with the 5/3/1 split you are using and it does not come up in a search of the forums. Would you be willing to explain the process a little? It is not my intention to hijack your log. I am just curious because I am trying to build a routine to coincide with my stack. Was thinking about the DTP routine but would like to know more about 5/3/1. I am looking to do a recomp...lose fat, add muscle. WHO ISN'T??
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Quote Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
    I am new to the site and I am very interested and impressed by your log. I am getting ready to run my first "stack" after several years of basic supplementation. I am not familiar with the 5/3/1 split you are using and it does not come up in a search of the forums. Would you be willing to explain the process a little? It is not my intention to hijack your log. I am just curious because I am trying to build a routine to coincide with my stack. Was thinking about the DTP routine but would like to know more about 5/3/1. I am looking to do a recomp...lose fat, add muscle. WHO ISN'T??
    Google: Jim Wendler 5/3/1 system and you should find it. It's an e-book for purchase and quite detailed.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Quote Originally Posted by TryHarder View Post
    As noted above just google Jim Wendler 531. Buy the Ebook and profit. It is only around $20 and provides lots of good info and makes things pretty simple.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Hey bud, I wanted to ask you a question about your accessory exercises. I saw how one DL session you followed with 70% DLs of 5x10 and another where you folllowed DLs with 5x10 squats. Do you change them each time? I was just keeping the same accessory for the whole 3 week cycle.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Hey bud, I wanted to ask you a question about your accessory exercises. I saw how one DL session you followed with 70% DLs of 5x10 and another where you folllowed DLs with 5x10 squats. Do you change them each time? I was just keeping the same accessory for the whole 3 week cycle.
    I switched the assistance DL and Squat for the cycle during this log. I may have mistyped one time if I did DL 5 x 10 as assistance for deadlift day. I would keep them the same for a minimum of one three week cycle. Sorry for any confusion.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Thx,that is what I thought.
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Bout done with the Final Review! Ate a nice Pumpkin Pie Bagel from Panera with some Ice Cream as part of my post-workout treat to myself today.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.72%

Thank you!! I will find it and buy it today.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Hopefully final review will be up tomorrow. Just as long as my work shift isn't too long and I don't get caught up in all the college football going on.

Got busy tonight with some stuff, but most of it is typed just finishing some minor things up.
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Looking forward to the review bro!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Maybe I am just being a tease, but review is on delay until after the gym today. Feeling extra fresh today so I will see how the final Deadlift workout before deload goes to add to the review. It is on the way though I promise!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Looking forward to it. Have a great workout bolt.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10
    Maybe I am just being a tease, but review is on delay until after the gym today. Feeling extra fresh today so I will see how the final Deadlift workout before deload goes to add to the review. It is on the way though I promise!
    Take your time bro! I always appreciate a good detailed review. It's the grand finale everyone is waiting for! Kill it!
    PES Representative
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Take your time bro! I always appreciate a good detailed review. It's the grand finale everyone is waiting for! Kill it!
    Thanks man. Back from the gym. Grilling and watching some football. Will post soon. To appease everyone for the wait I'll post a vid of me hitting 405 for a single on Deadlift today. Honestly never done 4 plates on each side. Always been afraid of hurting my back, but now that I did it I feel like moving on up shouldn't be too bad. Any form check opinions will be noted, thanks!

Edit: Should note...ya ya probably not the best idea to hit some heavy singles, but I felt awesome when I woke up this morning. Felt it would be a shame to not at least try some deadlifts and then based on ease I said screw it and built up to 4 plates for a single. Deload now and time for new program in 2 weeks and no more AnaBeta.

23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Damn bubba that came up easily! More in that tank for sure.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

^^^ x2!!
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Damn bubba that came up easily! More in that tank for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ^^^ x2!!
    Ya felt I had more in the tank. Back felt like it was starting to creep and the new belt isn't really broken in yet/used to it, so didn't wanna push too far. Feel that is a good pull at my size though.

Edit: Shout out to Best Belts though. Belt was custom made and seems pretty nice. Got it in the mail a week before I was even expecting it to ship.

Double Edit: HOLY CRAP...my review is crazy long. May have to write a shorter one later. Sorry for all that skip to the Tale of the Tape if you want the minimum essentials. Didn't look that long when I was typing it.

Pics added in another post below review.
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Well looks like everything is finally coming to a close. Only a day or so left of AnaBeta (that's opened), and Test Powder has been gone for the last two weeks. Keeping it simple, what I liked and what I didn't for each with explanations.

Also, due to it being a stack it could possibly be hard to totally differentiate the results between the two products, but by using AnaBeta extensively before this and by using Test Powder for only 4 weeks and AnaBeta for 8 that should help alleviate these issues.

Final Review:
    Dosing:
    Weeks 1-2: AnaBeta
    Weeks 3-6: AnaBeta + Test Powder
    Weeks 7-8: AnaBeta + Alphamine
    Throughout the log I also used Protocol pre-workout, with Craze making a strong appearance (after dropping Ultima) and lasting the majority of the log as well (both products used before this log).
    Staples included: Vit. D3, CL Oximega, Iforce/SNS Zma, and Genomyx Gut Health and Slin-Sane v2.

AnaBeta:
    -Dosed at 6 caps per day. 2 with Pre-workout meal, 2 post-workout meal, and 2 with last meal of the day.
    -I want to first note that I didn't actually write a ton of info directly about how AnaBeta was working during the log. This is not a reflection on the product, more so the fact that I already know and love this stuff (got a pile of it in my stash) and I have documented its effects before. With that said here are my thoughts from this run:
    Positives:
    Muscle Fullness/Pumps/Vascularity:
    One of the first things I always notice (and noticed around day 5 to start) is the increase in muscle fullness and vascularity. By the end of this log things were borderline ridiculous. Even noticed some crazy new calf veins when doing yard work this past week (typically no new leg veins appear for me unless I strip some fat off). This past week on higher reps (similar to the first week) pumps were much greater than the first week. Got to the point the movement was halted due to loss of range of motion.

Strength:
    This kicks in a little more gradually for me and paired with the fact that I felt the greatest strength increases during Test Powder, I will note more about them later. Muscular endurance was also noted to have improved via more reps during my Myo-Reps sets than at the beginning of the log. Numbers will be posted at the bottom of this review.

Body Comp.:
    Typically I have used AnaBeta/AnaBeta Elite on my cutting and recomp attempts. Always loved the muscle retention while dieting, but using it on a bulk is also advantageous. Feel I dropped some fat and weight jumped 2lbs by the end of the log (it was more up/down throughout but that was the final result). The pictures will determine if everyone else agrees.
    Negatives:
    I don't note any strong negatives. Overall I don't really notice a change in mood or any other smaller benefits, but that isn't always an issue.

Overall:
    After using this again through this run I have come to the conclusion that AnaBeta and ArA are my two favorite single ingredients beyond more simple and highly studied ingredients (Creatine, Beta Alanine, etc.). Don't really see myself going too far out my comfort zone to try other products for their intended purposes unless the ingredients complement these two products. Maybe I'll have to stack them one day....
    While the amount I wrote about them isn't a ton I think the biggest thing to note is how often I use AnaBeta. I can't say how great this stuff is other than by saying I have enough bottles of AnaBeta to keep me going 2-3 runs of it in 2013 (and that isn't even counting the AnaBeta Elite I have).

Test Powder
    -Started dosing at 2 scoops with pre-workout meal. Found I enjoyed it best with 2 scoops pre-workout preferably with a stim like Craze. Dosed with first meal of the day on off days.
    -Quick note about my view on "test-boosters". In general (and especially for my age) I feel these products don't necessarily equate to increased muscle mass gains as they probably won't boost test into that high of a level. I prefer to use them on cuts to help optimize test levels when they may be compromised (longer duration dieting, lower cals, etc), so this is not my usual usage. I like them for this as they tend to improve mood and help maintain strength in my experiences. Never used DAA before.

Positives:
    Mood:
    The biggest thing I noticed was my mood elevation. Really enjoyed how I felt during workouts when taking it before training. When stacked with Craze before workouts it was crazy. Felt great euphoria and mood elevation all day. Interested in how this would fair in a caloric deficit, but feel that it really shined in just making me feel good throughout. This has tapered away during these last two weeks without Test Powder despite still using Craze.

Sleep:
    WOW. It didn't matter when I dosed this stuff but sleep was always awesome. Woke up refreshed and ready to go. Feel sleep was deeper as at first I had some crazy dreams, but after awhile I was sleeping straight through the entire night without even waking up to get a chance to remember the dreams.

Recovery:
    This ties in with the sleep IMO. Felt great from workout to workout. Had pretty strong DOMS the day after some of the lifts, but 2 days after and I was usually feeling good to go. While that isn't always the best indicator of recovery I also never felt like I was getting too run down from one workout to the next in a way that would hurt the workouts intensity/weights.

Strength:
    While I was "backing off" on the 531 sets due to more intense accessory work, the weights still started to feel light. Got to the point where I was questioning how helpful they were not being pushed. Endurance on the Myo-reps and Boring But Big 5 x 10 seemed to get easier as well.

Complete Formula:
    While to some this isn't a big deal, but I love the ingredient profile, and "completeness" of it. TMG, Agmatine, L-Dopa, LCLT and anti-estrogen support all in one profile compliment the DAA nicely. No need to add anything extra unless you really want to.

Negatives:

Price:
    I don't see it as bad based on how much is included within this product. For some it may be steep. If you want just DAA go with something like SNS or SS bulk caps IMO.

Acne:
    Honestly can't say I am positive this is from just Test Powder. As of right now (2 weeks off TP) I still have some bad acne popping up occasionally. I really did notice it get bad 2 weeks into Test Powder though.

Fatigue:
    I did note some fatigue during the log. Possible over sleeping due to how deep it was and made it a little hard to wake up some days. This was off and on and in general felt rested, but not always.

Overall:
    Solid stuff. Really interested in using it as part of a cut to preserve mood and strength in a caloric deficit. As proof I enjoyed it I bought a second bottle that is sitting in my cupboard right now waiting to be used one day...

Overall for the Complete Stack of AnaBeta + Test Powder:

While training has been nothing short of great these last two weeks, I really feel that the four weeks in the middle of the log using the complete Testify Stack were the best weeks. Performance has still been great since ending Test Powder, but mood and sleep have not been as high of quality. Definitely planning on running this again in the future, probably as AnaBeta Elite + Test Powder during a pre-summer cut.

Tale of the Tape:

Body Weight:
    Final total after the 8 weeks of this log: ~2lbs gained.
    Weight was a little more up and down than just this. As noted last two weeks my weight has been fluctuating more than usual. After 6 weeks of the log (end of Test Powder) I was up 3-4lbs. Weight has dropped for the most part the last two weeks other than some weird spikes of weight.
    Unfortunately I did not actually use calipers to measure before or after this run. Looking back I probably should have. Pics show a difference but even over 8 weeks the amount of possible muscle gain isn't extremely noticeable.

Strength:
    While I didn't do any maxes right before the log I did hit some real heavy singles this past week. 380lbs on Squat and 405lbs on Deadlift are personal bests. May have been able to do more on Deadlift but saying and doing are two different things. Those numbers are higher than my estimated full max at this time but nothing to give a definite increase. Personal Records are personal records though no matter where the start was.
    Did some of the same myo-reps work on week 1 and week 8 to test strength/endurance gains.
    -Barbell Curl 55 x 18 +12 ====> 55 x 26 + 15
    -Rope Pressdown Plate 12 x 25 + 20 ====> Plate 14 x 25 +15
    -Chest Flies Plate 10 x 15 + 8 ====> Plate 10 x 25 + 15
    -OHP 85lbs x 15 + 7 ====> 85lbs x 19 + 12
    While I didn't recheck Lat Pull Down or Bench Press they definitely increased in strength for the Myo-Reps. This can be seen with how quite often I upped the weight yet achieved the same amount of reps as the previous workout.
  27. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Pre first then Post second. Not sure if I see a ton of difference but here is what I got. This was about 5 weeks time frame (1 week before Test Powder and then last day of Test Powder). Maybe a little leaner?

Got another pic of almost a year transformation that shows the two month changes in front with whole torso. Too shy to post as I am not as lean as profile pic but it shoes a decent change last two months in body comp, but since January....

Name:  IMG-20120829-00334.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  76.0 KB
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

Outstanding log bolt. It was full of great feedback from start to finish and the final review left me with no questions unanswered...very informative and thorough. I think you leaned out a little as well. Great job man.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well looks like everything is finally coming to a close. Only a day or so left of AnaBeta (that's opened), and Test Powder has been gone for the last two weeks. Keeping it simple, what I liked and what I didn't for each with explanations.

Also, due to it being a stack it could possibly be hard to totally differentiate the results between the two products, but by using AnaBeta extensively before this and by using Test Powder for only 4 weeks and AnaBeta for 8 that should help alleviate these issues.

Final Review:
    Dosing:
    Weeks 1-2: AnaBeta
    Weeks 3-6: AnaBeta + Test Powder
    Weeks 7-8: AnaBeta + Alphamine
    Throughout the log I also used Protocol pre-workout, with Craze making a strong appearance (after dropping Ultima) and lasting the majority of the log as well (both products used before this log).
    Staples included: Vit. D3, CL Oximega, Iforce/SNS Zma, and Genomyx Gut Health and Slin-Sane v2.

AnaBeta:
    -Dosed at 6 caps per day. 2 with Pre-workout meal, 2 post-workout meal, and 2 with last meal of the day.
    -I want to first note that I didn't actually write a ton of info directly about how AnaBeta was working during the log. This is not a reflection on the product, more so the fact that I already know and love this stuff (got a pile of it in my stash) and I have documented its effects before. With that said here are my thoughts from this run:
    Positives:
    Muscle Fullness/Pumps/Vascularity:
    One of the first things I always notice (and noticed around day 5 to start) is the increase in muscle fullness and vascularity. By the end of this log things were borderline ridiculous. Even noticed some crazy new calf veins when doing yard work this past week (typically no new leg veins appear for me unless I strip some fat off). This past week on higher reps (similar to the first week) pumps were much greater than the first week. Got to the point the movement was halted due to loss of range of motion.

Strength:
    This kicks in a little more gradually for me and paired with the fact that I felt the greatest strength increases during Test Powder, I will note more about them later. Muscular endurance was also noted to have improved via more reps during my Myo-Reps sets than at the beginning of the log. Numbers will be posted at the bottom of this review.

Body Comp.:
    Typically I have used AnaBeta/AnaBeta Elite on my cutting and recomp attempts. Always loved the muscle retention while dieting, but using it on a bulk is also advantageous. Feel I dropped some fat and weight jumped 2lbs by the end of the log (it was more up/down throughout but that was the final result). The pictures will determine if everyone else agrees.
    Negatives:
    I don't note any strong negatives. Overall I don't really notice a change in mood or any other smaller benefits, but that isn't always an issue.

Overall:
    After using this again through this run I have come to the conclusion that AnaBeta and ArA are my two favorite single ingredients beyond more simple and highly studied ingredients (Creatine, Beta Alanine, etc.). Don't really see myself going too far out my comfort zone to try other products for their intended purposes unless the ingredients complement these two products. Maybe I'll have to stack them one day....
    While the amount I wrote about them isn't a ton I think the biggest thing to note is how often I use AnaBeta. I can't say how great this stuff is other than by saying I have enough bottles of AnaBeta to keep me going 2-3 runs of it in 2013 (and that isn't even counting the AnaBeta Elite I have).

Test Powder
    -Started dosing at 2 scoops with pre-workout meal. Found I enjoyed it best with 2 scoops pre-workout preferably with a stim like Craze. Dosed with first meal of the day on off days.
    -Quick note about my view on "test-boosters". In general (and especially for my age) I feel these products don't necessarily equate to increased muscle mass gains as they probably won't boost test into that high of a level. I prefer to use them on cuts to help optimize test levels when they may be compromised (longer duration dieting, lower cals, etc), so this is not my usual usage. I like them for this as they tend to improve mood and help maintain strength in my experiences. Never used DAA before.

Positives:
    Mood:
    The biggest thing I noticed was my mood elevation. Really enjoyed how I felt during workouts when taking it before training. When stacked with Craze before workouts it was crazy. Felt great euphoria and mood elevation all day. Interested in how this would fair in a caloric deficit, but feel that it really shined in just making me feel good throughout. This has tapered away during these last two weeks without Test Powder despite still using Craze.

Sleep:
    WOW. It didn't matter when I dosed this stuff but sleep was always awesome. Woke up refreshed and ready to go. Feel sleep was deeper as at first I had some crazy dreams, but after awhile I was sleeping straight through the entire night without even waking up to get a chance to remember the dreams.

Recovery:
    This ties in with the sleep IMO. Felt great from workout to workout. Had pretty strong DOMS the day after some of the lifts, but 2 days after and I was usually feeling good to go. While that isn't always the best indicator of recovery I also never felt like I was getting too run down from one workout to the next in a way that would hurt the workouts intensity/weights.

Strength:
    While I was "backing off" on the 531 sets due to more intense accessory work, the weights still started to feel light. Got to the point where I was questioning how helpful they were not being pushed. Endurance on the Myo-reps and Boring But Big 5 x 10 seemed to get easier as well.

Complete Formula:
    While to some this isn't a big deal, but I love the ingredient profile, and "completeness" of it. TMG, Agmatine, L-Dopa, LCLT and anti-estrogen support all in one profile compliment the DAA nicely. No need to add anything extra unless you really want to.

Negatives:

Price:
    I don't see it as bad based on how much is included within this product. For some it may be steep. If you want just DAA go with something like SNS or SS bulk caps IMO.

Acne:
    Honestly can't say I am positive this is from just Test Powder. As of right now (2 weeks off TP) I still have some bad acne popping up occasionally. I really did notice it get bad 2 weeks into Test Powder though.

Fatigue:
    I did note some fatigue during the log. Possible over sleeping due to how deep it was and made it a little hard to wake up some days. This was off and on and in general felt rested, but not always.

Overall:
    Solid stuff. Really interested in using it as part of a cut to preserve mood and strength in a caloric deficit. As proof I enjoyed it I bought a second bottle that is sitting in my cupboard right now waiting to be used one day...

Overall for the Complete Stack of AnaBeta + Test Powder:

While training has been nothing short of great these last two weeks, I really feel that the four weeks in the middle of the log using the complete Testify Stack were the best weeks. Performance has still been great since ending Test Powder, but mood and sleep have not been as high of quality. Definitely planning on running this again in the future, probably as AnaBeta Elite + Test Powder during a pre-summer cut.

Tale of the Tape:

Body Weight:
    Final total after the 8 weeks of this log: ~2lbs gained.
    Weight was a little more up and down than just this. As noted last two weeks my weight has been fluctuating more than usual. After 6 weeks of the log (end of Test Powder) I was up 3-4lbs. Weight has dropped for the most part the last two weeks other than some weird spikes of weight.
    Unfortunately I did not actually use calipers to measure before or after this run. Looking back I probably should have. Pics show a difference but even over 8 weeks the amount of possible muscle gain isn't extremely noticeable.

Strength:
    While I didn't do any maxes right before the log I did hit some real heavy singles this past week. 380lbs on Squat and 405lbs on Deadlift are personal bests. May have been able to do more on Deadlift but saying and doing are two different things. Those numbers are higher than my estimated full max at this time but nothing to give a definite increase. Personal Records are personal records though no matter where the start was.
    Did some of the same myo-reps work on week 1 and week 8 to test strength/endurance gains.
    -Barbell Curl 55 x 18 +12 ====> 55 x 26 + 15
    -Rope Pressdown Plate 12 x 25 + 20 ====> Plate 14 x 25 +15
    -Chest Flies Plate 10 x 15 + 8 ====> Plate 10 x 25 + 15
    -OHP 85lbs x 15 + 7 ====> 85lbs x 19 + 12
    While I didn't recheck Lat Pull Down or Bench Press they definitely increased in strength for the Myo-Reps. This can be seen with how quite often I upped the weight yet achieved the same amount of reps as the previous workout.
    Thank you very much for the solid log and detailed review. Thumbs up!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowdersí opinion as a whole.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%

Amazing log and review! Detail is incredible. I only got to hit a key points so far because
    I'm at work but wow man you nailed it!
    PES Representative
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Outstanding log bolt. It was full of great feedback from start to finish and the final review left me with no questions unanswered...very informative and thorough. I think you leaned out a little as well. Great job man.
    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Thank you very much for the solid log and detailed review. Thumbs up!
    Amazing log and review! Detail is incredible. I only got to hit a key points so far because
    I'm at work but wow man you nailed it!
    I don't log often but when I do...

Thanks guys. Like most things I do when I do them I take it pretty serious. This was definitely an enjoyable experience and glad PES and USPLabs gave me the opportunity. Now to decide what to do next, maybe start a training log on here.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%

I don't log often but when I do...

Thanks guys. Like most things I do when I do them I take it pretty serious. This was definitely an enjoyable experience and glad PES and USPLabs gave me the opportunity. Now to decide what to do next, maybe start a training log on here.
    Loved following and picked up valuable info from you. Great logger.
    PES Representative
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%

Great logger.

sorry, got Dexter on the brain, looking forward to tonight...

seriously tho - make no mistake, bolt is a crazy-knowledgeable dude with a physique like a statue.

was nice to observe, cheers.
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Just finished season 4 of Dexter the two nights ago....

Love that show! Sons of Anarchy season 4 is now on Netflix Streaming so I gotta catch up in that too! I am a tv show addict.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10
    Just finished season 4 of Dexter the two nights ago....

Love that show! Sons of Anarchy season 4 is now on Netflix Streaming so I gotta catch up in that too! I am a tv show addict.
    TV addict here too and I would like to compliment you on your taste. Dexter is one of my all time favorites and SOA is one of the best there is right now. You should check out The Wire if you ever get a chance.
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    TV addict here too and I would like to compliment you on your taste. Dexter is one of my all time favorites and SOA is one of the best there is right now. You should check out The Wire if you ever get a chance.
    Don't have HBO so I don't get HBO go on my Xbox...but I have been slowly making my way through The Wire lately at a friends house. We have gotten about half way through season 2. It is really good...

Recently this caught up on all of Breaking Bad (AMAZING) and finally caught up on The Walking Dead last week. Strong derail going on but I love watching this stuff. That and reading...
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Had dinner one night with Lauren. She is stunning in person. Her eyes will make you melt. She is one of my buddies' daughter. Really a good kid and down to earth. This was her big break in the business. So far so good.

Name:  MG-the-walking-dead-maggie-greene-31725361-300-317.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  16.7 KB
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Had dinner one night with Lauren. She is stunning in person. Her eyes will make you melt. She is one of my buddies' daughter. Really a good kid and down to earth. This was her big break in the business. So far so good.

That's cool. I remember her in Chuck too.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Yep,she has worked her ass off to getwhere she is now. Not an easy business to make it in.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

Awesome show can't wait to watch it tonight. Thats awesome that you know her glad she got her big break

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to combat the effects of my new job
    By allday54 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 02:52 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 04:15 PM
  4. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2