Bolt Testifies to the Effectiveness of PES/USPLabs

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

1. That sounds like me every morning waking up. Phantom pains for no reason. You're too young for that sh!t bubba! Lol
    I also agree with everyone else,you look lean and hard kid. I'm jealous as hell. This bulk is going very well.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

2. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    That sounds like me every morning waking up. Phantom pains for no reason. You're too young for that sh!t bubba! Lol
    I also agree with everyone else,you look lean and hard kid. I'm jealous as hell. This bulk is going very well.
    Ya I feel better already as I move around. Just kind of freaked me out because like you said I shouldn't have random pains at this age!

On a side note I am looking to get a nice workout belt for deadlifts and squats for when I do heavy work in the future (as the weight keeps going up). Anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really an issue as I am looking at some pretty expensive ones already and if you see my lifting shoes you should know I'd rather spend for quality than have to repurchase later because I was stingy with my first purchase.
    •   

3. Got this email today. They might have something..
    http://www.elitefts.net/Default.asp?...m_medium=email
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

4. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10

Ya I feel better already as I move around. Just kind of freaked me out because like you said I shouldn't have random pains at this age!

On a side note I am looking to get a nice workout belt for deadlifts and squats for when I do heavy work in the future (as the weight keeps going up). Anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really an issue as I am looking at some pretty expensive ones already and if you see my lifting shoes you should know I'd rather spend for quality than have to repurchase later because I was stingy with my first purchase.
    Clear pms dude
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

5. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Clear pms dude
    I don't even know why it was full but its cleared out now.

Workout update being typed up now as well.
    •   

6. Oct. 5

Had a shake of 1 scoop Vanilla Cup Cake Protean + 1 scoop Strawberry UP 2.0 in 8 oz Coconut Milk and a little extra water. Was amazing.

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol +.15 minutes before/while I warmed up. The Berry Lemonade Craze tasted pretty good mixed with Test Powder.

Training:
    5/3/1 OHP Day

As I mentioned earlier my back was feeling "off". Spent a bunch of time this morning foam rolling and using a golf ball to try and demolish a knot in my back. Painful as hell but the foam rolling before my workout was much better. Still felt a little weird but much better as I warmed up (and as I type this now I can't even note any issue in my back at all). Definitely glad it is going away.

OHP:
    Still Deloading but weight felt great today.

Assistance work:

Myo-reps as usual.

Inverted Row 22 reps + 15
    Bench Press 165lbs 14 reps + 9
    Triceps Extension 30lbs 14 reps + 12
    DB Curl 30lbs 15 reps + 12

Also did a series of varies band raises/pull-aparts for some rear delt/rotator cuff work.

Took the Inverted Rows real easy today because I could feel that knot or whatever was going on in my back during a quick warm up on this. Actually felt better when I was done with this. Blood flow definitely helped it. Other exercises were up in weight as well. Great improvements this week and felt pretty awesome throughout the lift. Ready to blast things hard next week though.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

Should be roughly 3200 calories when I finish today. Bunch of CHO fat below 60g and protein at least 250g.

Supplement Notes:

Things are still kicking at full steam ahead right now. Despite deloading the main exercises I am still pushing the accessory work pretty hard and noticing improvements every time I step in the gym. Strength and workout endurance are great right now.

Had to be up at an unusual hour for myself yesterday (5:30), only got like 5-6 hours of sleep, and that threw my whole day off. Went to bed early last night and woke up refreshed and ready to go today. Usually it takes me a day or two to recover from a day where I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep, but today I feel normal. I usually need a ton of sleep or I get agitated, I am just high maintenance.

7. I must be very high maintenance then! I am one grumpy SOB if my sleep gets messed with. Lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    I must be very high maintenance then! I am one grumpy SOB if I don't have dinner by 5:00 and get to bed by 8:00!
    Happens as you get older...

9. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10

I don't even know why it was full but its cleared out now.

Workout update being typed up now as well.
    **** I forgot what I was going to say now lol
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

10. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    **** I forgot what I was going to say now lol

Its all good if you remember then just hit me up.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Happens as you get older...
    Gee I feel better now.

Name:  crazy_old_man.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  131.9 KB

12. You're a beast bolt
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

13. Oct. 5

Pre-workout: 1.5 servings Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol + while warming up.

Training:
    5/3/1 Deadlift Day

Deadlift:
    Finally on my last deload day.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 at 185 for Squat and with the Ab Wheel for Ab Rollouts.

Conditioning:

5 sets of ~35yard prowler pushes with minimal rest today.

Diet:

Went to Fuddruckers for a PWO meal of a Buffalo Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, and Baked Beans. Was awesome. Also had some Chicken Parm later in the day. Twas a great day of eating.

Ended at roughly 3100 calories and ~250/350/80.

Supplement Notes:

The pump in my legs and especially my calves by the time I was done with the Prowler was bordering on obnoxious. Workout and diet haven't been much different so that is a surprise.

Strength still felt great in the gym. That back issue the other day seems to have manifested into a mean trigger spot in my upper back but no real pain like before.

DOMS are pretty high right now (the morning after). Nothing extreme, but surprising given the submaximal weights used and ease of yesterdays workout.

Looked "dry" yesterday but the scale was up 1lbs from earlier. For whatever that is worth.

Side Notes:

Was a great day watching a ton of college football. Some pretty good games and high scoring affairs. Was pleased to see Stanford play (live on the East Coast and don't get a ton of Pac-12 games on) and it was probably one of the better games of the day. Not too excited for the NFL games on today but may go to a sports bar for lunch to try and catch some of the games that won't be on locally.

Starting to think of which supplements I will plan on using in the coming months. I have quite a stash and already have my training planned out just gotta see which looks to be the best compliment to my ongoing goals and approach.

14. Not happy with the Stanford game being a Cats fan(my son is a U of A student). We had that game.

15. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Not happy with the Stanford game being a Cats fan(my son is a U of A student). We had that game.
    Sorry. Not really a Stanford fan myself but some of the local talent here has been making its way over there for football.

16. Hopefully hitting an update today. Work and the day in general have been crazy, and I have a horrendous headache.

I'll post in an hour or so if I don't pass out while reading.

17. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Gee I feel better now.

Name:  crazy_old_man.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  131.9 KB
    You guys might not know this but I was talking about Az in PM and he said his avatar is a picture of him that he took about 8 years ago, before he lost his last tooth.
    PEScience Representative
    http://selectprotein.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

I have been using an Inzer signle prong 10mm belt and it has held up great over the past 6 years. Elitefts.com has a new 13mm leather belt that looks really cool and I have never used a leather powerlifting style belt of that thinkness so I might check it out. Alittle skeptical because im not sure the poundages im currently pushing warrant a 13 mm belt. I prefer the prong belts to a lever because I feel it always give me a more exact fit while my stomach size fluctuates from workout to workout.

Awesome progress too man hoping to achieve similar results.

19. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I have been using an Inzer signle prong 10mm belt and it has held up great over the past 6 years. Elitefts.com has a new 13mm leather belt that looks really cool and I have never used a leather powerlifting style belt of that thinkness so I might check it out. Alittle skeptical because im not sure the poundages im currently pushing warrant a 13 mm belt. I prefer the prong belts to a lever because I feel it always give me a more exact fit while my stomach size fluctuates from workout to workout.

Awesome progress too man hoping to achieve similar results.
    Thanks. I have been looking at the Inzer 10mm Single Prong. I think that is what I am going to go with. Wasn't sure about lever or prong but have been leaning toward prong.

Oct. 8

Woke up with a headache and had a real stressful day (before and after my lift). Had a lot to deal with and really zoned in and took out my aggression in my lift.

Pre-workout: 1.5 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
    5/3/1 Bench Day

3 sets for warm-up.
    3 sets of 5 for working sets with final set at 205.

Last set was kind of rough. The weight didn't feel "heavy" but I used a different rack for benching (shouldn't have I am too much a creature of habit) and when I tried to unrack the weight it didn't come off correctly. Should have just racked it and gone again but I was stubborn and just went for it. Hard to explain but it threw the whole set off. O well still got the required reps.

Assistance work:

As noted I was stressed so I may have been a little more reckless today than usual. Was dialed in beyond belief.

Military Press 100lbs 11 reps + 9
    Lat Pulldown 150lbs 12 reps + 12
    Barbell Curl 85lbs 12 reps + 9
    Rope Extension Plate 16 16 reps + 15
    Cable Flies Plate 10 25 reps + 10

Taking some of the weights higher really was tough. Never done this low of reps on Myo-Rep schemes before and it was tough. Total reps were down (endurance seemed much harder at higher weights) as a whole but strength levels were definitely still going up. Kept the Flies extra light and got more reps than I did the first week at this weight. Overall workout felt hard with all the nonsense I had going on but felt better after.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

3200 Calories. ~250/375/75

Had some awesome chili as the last meal in the day with some rice cakes. Was pretty stuffed by the end of the day but felt I needed the extra calories today.

Supplement Notes:

Was looking lean today. Noticing a nice trend with this.

Muscle fullness was at an all time high. Felt great. AB + TP is definitely hitting me nicely right now.

Sleep has been awesome. Been real "drained" by night and been going to bed earlier than usual and then waking up well before my alarm. Helps me to be very productive with no real dragging going on in the morning.

Random Notes:

If I make it through this whole week with good progression I will be impressed. Stress is at an all time high with work situations and just life in general. Hoping it doesn't take a toll on my lifts and that I can make it through this next month before switching things up. Overall nothing "bad", just a lot of possible change. I like my habits and dislike too much change unless for the better.

20. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I am too much a creature of habit
    i thought that only happened when you get old - like AZ?
    proud habitual individual here as well..dig it.
    but I was stubborn
    yup, me too..
    Had some awesome chili as the last meal in the day with some rice cakes.
    oooo love me some chili & rice cakes, nice combo..had exact same thing yesterday.
    Was looking lean today. Noticing a nice trend with this.
    nice nice!
    Muscle fullness was at an all time high.
    awesome!
    Sleep has been awesome.
    ahh - phew. something we differ on (mine has been very fitful), because....
    Stress is at an all time high with work situations and just life in general.
    I like my habits and dislike too much change
    ....i was thinking either we are twins, or you been spying on my life somehow.

hang in there buddy, keep doing what you do.
    habits and routines can aid in getting us thru unexpected turbulence from time to time, gives us a calm reassurance.

21. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post

Last set was kind of rough. The weight didn't feel "heavy" but I used a different rack for benching (shouldn't have I am too much a creature of habit) and when I tried to unrack the weight it didn't come off correctly. Should have just racked it and gone again but I was stubborn and just went for it. Hard to explain but it threw the whole set off. O well still got the required reps.
    I understand completely. Same thing happens with a bad lift off. A lot of things go into benching correctly before you even lower the weight and when one of those is off, the whole lift is off. A lot of power and focus are lost when you get out of your bench groove

22. Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I understand completely. Same thing happens with a bad lift off. A lot of things go into benching correctly before you even lower the weight and when one of those is off, the whole lift is off. A lot of power and focus are lost when you get out of your bench groove
    Ya I lost some of my "support" as it made me lose tightness in the upper back, etc. Should have reracked it and got reset but I am stubborn.

23. Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Ya I lost some of my "support" as it made me lose tightness in the upper back, etc. Should have reracked it and got reset but I am stubborn.
    Haha trust me I know the feeling. The reason I injured my shoulder in the first place was because I was stubborn. We just don't ever learn I guess

24. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    hang in there buddy, keep doing what you do.
    habits and routines can aid in getting us thru unexpected turbulence from time to time, gives us a calm reassurance.
    Thanks Snag. A lot of transitions going on in my life as I try to get to exactly where I want. Personality types always interest me and find it interesting when you can see some of it through people's post online.

Oct. 10

Went with 1 scoop Craze + 2 scoops Test Powder and 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before.

Training:
    5/3/1 Squat Day

3 sets of warm ups.
    3 sets of 5 with final set at 275lbs.

Felt great on these today. Really interested in testing some maxes in the coming months. May be getting close to some goals.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 with 245 on Deadlift and Hanging Knee Raise for 5 sets of 12.

This was insane. Was hard to bang through all 5 sets. Weight wasn't "heavy" but trying to maintain that was hard today. On a side note I am beyond sore this morning from this workout.

Conditioning:

Idk why but decided to change things up a little. One 35 yard walk with the prowler, rest, then 30 yard jog with prowler, rest, 25 yard run with prowler, rest, 20 yard run with prowler, rest, and then a full sprint as fast as possible with prowler for 15 yards. Done. Wasn't too hard and went pretty quick, but I was already trashed from the deadlifts.

Diet:

3100 calories. 260/380/60

Supplement Notes:

-Things are still going strong. Great mood today and things feel much better based off how stressed I was the other day.

-Sleep is great still. I did wake up the last two days and feel a little tired in the morning but good once I get going. Could be because I am getting over 8 hours sleep so I might be oversleeping. Idc though I like sleep.

-Feel almost constantly "pumped". Of course I don't look like I am holding a workout pump but muscles feel dense and contractions feel strong when doing anything.

Want to thank USPLabs and PES for this oppurtunity so far. I have enjoyed it so much I picked up more Test Powder on my own dime. If it gets here by Monday I will just continue its use. If not I will still be using AnaBeta until the end of the month. May add in TTA and some Erase for the next 2-3 weeks until this "Cycle" of 531 is finished. Will keep everyone updated on how this will unfold.

25. Great job bolt!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to combat the effects of my new job
    By allday54 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics