Bolt Testifies to the Effectiveness of PES/USPLabs

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Also should note when I say I look leaner today that I mean in the ab region, calves, and shoulders as well as my chest. Not just the arms and chest like I was noting yesterday. Could just be some water loss, etc. so we will see how it continues to play out (could be due to slightly different marcos yesterday etc etc).

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Also should note when I say I look leaner today that I mean in the ab region, calves, and shoulders as well as my chest. Not just the arms and chest like I was noting yesterday. Could just be some water loss, etc. so we will see how it continues to play out (could be due to slightly different marcos yesterday etc etc).
    Leaner is good! :-)

I'm finished bulking and now am in shred mode! Let's rock this sh1t bro!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Leaner is good! :-)

I'm finished bulking and now am in shred mode! Let's rock this sh1t bro!
    Ya I plan to start a pretty decent cut in November. Goal is to get super lean and try and maintain that.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10

Ya I plan to start a pretty decent cut in November. Goal is to get super lean and try and maintain that.
    I have 27 days to get as lean as possible before test! :-D
    PES Representative
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.72%

How much leaner can you get before you look like a poster for the neuromuscular system?

Also, who is Marcos? Is he your lover? I want to know what he did differently do you yesterday to make you look leaner.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    How much leaner can you get before you look like a poster for the neuromuscular system?

Also, who is Marcos? Is he your lover? I want to know what he did differently do you yesterday to make you look leaner.
    Unfortunately I was not as lean as my avatar at the start of this log. I am still lean just not that lean right now.

Hate when I spell things wrong....but Marcos may have worked some magic!
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    is Marcos your lover? I want to know what he did to you yesterday.
    oooooo I love Marcos! He is magic!
    uhh

i entered to say nice work..i'll leave quietly.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Oct. 1

As usual by now, Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
    5/3/1 Bench Day

Deload week so the numbers on the 531 exercise are nothing impressive so won't post them.

Assistance work:

Although it is a deload week the goal right now is hypertrophy so the assistance work will be maintained (and then bumped up next week).
    Myo-Reps:

Military Press 95lbs 12 reps + 12
    Lat Pulldown 135lbs 16 reps + 16
    Barbell Curl 75lbs 16 reps + 12
    Rope Extension Plate 16 14 reps + 15
    Cable Flies Plate 11 17 reps + 12

Not really feeling beat up or anything so everything is going right as planned. Got an awesome pump today and wasn't as winded as usual doing these sets. Didn't bump up the weight on most of these as I wanted to still stay above 12 reps on the activation set, but will be moving up next week and continually for the next month. These heavier sets on the Myo-reps seem like they are going to be hell.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

Aiming for 3100 calories today. Since it is a deload I will be a little more relaxed on this. An extra little bit of whatever I am eating if I am still hungry or craving it. That doesn't mean I will be cheating daily, just may be higher on calories than this last week or so.

Supplement Notes:

As noted above felt really good and less winded today, so the rest intervals were shorter. Strength once again was great. Pump was pretty impressive today as well.

Vascularity is also up lately. Been seeing random calf veins all day long in the legs, especially prominent after meals. At my current level of body fat this isn't unusual, but it is standing out more than it had been in the weeks prior.

Should note that it appears that I may have my first "side" appearing. I am breaking out on the chest/upper traps more than usual. I noticed this towards the end of last week but decided to wait and see if it continued. A little worse than last week, but nothing crazy and will keep note on how this changes.

Random Notes:

Adapting well to the program and weights/reps continually moving up. Really plan on pushing the 3 weeks after this week pretty hard. This week is a "deload" but the way I had this set up I am following a little higher on the percentages than a typical deload. Plan to really push this next month (as long as I still feel good) pretty hard and take a bigger deload in November if warranted. Listening to my body right now it doesn't really appear to want to deload at all.

Also, I didn't skip the deadlift workout but am switching the order around a tad. Today was Bench, Wed. will be Squat, Friday OHP, and Sat. will be Deadlift. Did this because my workout partner plays some rec. league bball on Friday nights and the workouts were leaving him pretty beat in the lower body by game time. This made today a little more rough as I had some residual soreness, but don't feel it hampered the lift based on how it went.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Update for 10/01 and 10/02:

Calories yesterday ended up being around 3100 as planned, but might have been a bit lower. Came home to Hamburger soup and had several bowls and it filled me up pretty good but the stuff isn't very calorically dense.

Today was an off day and I was busy running around for work between several places. Also found some time to fit in a trip to see Looper at the movies. I really enjoyed it with the sci-fi plot and felt it was worth the trip (but I go to the movies at least once a week even to see some pretty crappy stuff ).N

Not that sore today from yesterday's lift. Feeling really fresh as well. I know I mentioned how I was having to take stims most of the mornings earlier in the log due to fatigue, but as this log has gone on that has lessened. Feel great every morning and definitely getting great sleep. Not much else to report today other than I did almost go into a full rage fest. Usually very rational but sometimes when beyond pointless stuff happens (like at work today...) I get "blurry" thoughts and risk becoming pretty irrational and angry. Oops. Didn't go crazy though, but definitely some added stress this week.
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Oct. 3

Went with 1 scoop Craze + 2 scoops Test Powder + 1/4-1/3 scoop Alphamine 45 minutes pre-workout and 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before.

It was my last scoop of Craze from this Grape tub and I wanted a little bit of an extra kick so I decided to try a little bit of Alphamine mixed in. Figured I was going to try this combo down the road some time and since I was out of any more Craze it was the perfect opportunity to test and make sure it didn't give me any bad reactions at low dose. Won't be using that combo anymore during this log though.

Luckily I did get a new tub of Berry Lemonade Craze in the mail yesterday along with a tub of Raspberry Lemonade Alphamine (which I will hopefully get to use during my cut/recomp in the not to distant future).

Training:
    5/3/1 Squat Day

Once again this is a "deload" so weights aren't really anything crazy. They did feel insanely light despite taking the non deloading deload approach.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 with 205 on Deadlift and Hanging Knee Raise for 5 sets of 12.

Conditioning:

Kept it easy at 5 trips of ~35 yards pushing the prowler with minimal rest.

Diet:

Managed roughly 3100 calories, slightly higher on fat than usual workout days. Once again during the 4th week (deload) week of 531 cycles I usually am a little more relaxed and don't measure out everything/eat more if I really want to. Had some nice tacos for dinner but was full pretty quickly.

Supplement Notes:

The Alpha+TP+Craze combo was pretty cool. Nothing really extra above normal Craze+TP experiences so far in this log in terms of focus, mood, energy, etc. I did notice an insane amount of sweating though. This could possibly be the thermo effect of Alphamine or just the fact that it has been gross and muggy here lately and I just went with the loading doors open instead of AC at the gym.

Weights are feeling much easier on my 5 sets of 10 during the leg workouts and recovery has been pretty awesome as well. With that said I think going up to 70% 1-RM for these sets next week is going to be painful....

Will post up a more comprehensive review of how the Testify Stack is going so far when I get more free time as yesterday marked week 2 with the addition of Test Powder. Sad it is already that far into the run.

For a cliff note version of what is to be posted later I would say strength is definitely rising, muscle fullness is awesome, sleep and mood are great, but I am noticing some annoying acne and oily skin.

Sorry for some of the delays and not getting much other than just the workout notes lately, my computer is acting glitchy and making it beyond annoying to use and have had a crazy work week. Week 2 review of TP +AB will be up today/tomorrow at the latest.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

I did almost go into a full rage fest.
    i have such a difficult time picturing this.
    you are so even-keeled in your posts, i can't imagine you blowing a gasket irl.

Sorry for some of the delays and not getting much other than just the workout notes lately
    no apologies necessary, for anyone brother.
    your log is clean and crisp, and exquisitely detailed.
    rock on.
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

The Yohimbine from Alphamine is where the sweat is from. I am using a pre with it and the sweat is rediculous. I agree with Snag also, your log is excellent bubba.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Thanks guys. Ya I am pretty calm in real life as well unless it is something I am really passionate about. There are plenty of things online that annoy or piss me off but I always try to rationalize that points of view on line can be hard to determine and everyone is entitled to an opinion even if I think it is retarded. It is usually just easier for me to ignore people being stupid on here than to address all the dumb stuff said.

With that said this thing at work is still grinding down on my patience, but there isn't really anything I can do so hopefully some of the higher ups can resolve it soon.

Just took a nap because I had to be up around 5:30 today (unusual for me) and needed some quick rest before I get to more work I have to get done. I note this because in that short 45min-1hr for the nap I had some freaky dreams.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

everyone is entitled to an opinion even if I think it is retarded.

i know the dream thing is different source for us (TRS for me), but i had weird freaky dreams all last night too..
    as i think we've talked before, i don't dream much (well don't remember them anyway).
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Week 2 Review of Test Powder + AnaBeta:

Going to keep this relatively simple and give more depth in a final review (2 weeks is a good time to see trends but not full picture for the use of most things non-stimulant based IMO). Just some basic impressions and positives and negatives so far. I know it is a giant Text Wall so I will try and work on the format for a better final review.

AnaBeta Notes:

-I should note I started dosing 6 caps AnaBeta 2 weeks before the start of my Test Powder. I have used AnaBeta quite frequently and know how it usually "hits" me and what to expect.
    -By the time TP was added vascularity, muscle fullness, and pumps in workouts had increased. Strength and endurance began to move up as well by the 2 week mark. Upped my CHO and dropped some Fats on workout days and AnaBeta seemed to help keep that in check.

Taste, mixability, dosing, etc:

-As noted earlier it is a good, but not great tasting product in my experience. It doesn't rank up there with my favorites and the Fruit Punch flavor isn't as good as Alphamine Fruit Punch, I do find it better than most other FPs I have had in the past. Easier to drink than say Clout or Creatine-RT Fruit Punch and is very light (doesn't seem to "thicken" the water when mixed). I have combined it with Craze, Protocol, and even some Compete just to see how the taste changes and it doesn't seem to over power other drinks, but has never made them taste any worse with its addition.
    -The idea of a powder for a test boosting product was first for myself (I believe), but that is not really a plus or minus IMO. Maybe if you have issues stomaching some of the ingredients then sipping them over time with a meal or varying the dosage could be seen as a plus (didn't matter for myself).
    -Never noticed any stomach discomfort even at full dose before a workout. Dosing this with a pre-workout meal also is easy to do or splitting one scoop early and one scoop later was nice, but I didn't notice any drastic difference in sleep with different dosing times.

Positives:

-Within a week I began to start to see some positive effects on mood and attitude. Definitely feel more "capable" going into the weight room and other areas of life, making accomplishing things easier (mind over matter).
    -On a similar note I began to notice an increased frequency of dreams/nightmares after the first week. This slowed as I began to sleep throughout the entirety of the night (usually wake up at least once a night to pee, etc.). Don't recall most dreams as I sleep deeply and wake up feeling refreshed every morning. I had noted fatigue at the start of the log but by now I feel better every day I wake up and don't need a morning stim to get me moving for work.
    -To take advantage of the mood enhancing benefits (and for some added stim pre-workout) I added Craze to my rotation. I dropped Ultima for the most part, but the combo of Craze and Test Powder has me pretty much euphoric beyond what even Craze typically does for me alone. Dialed in and insane workouts right now.
    -By day 10 I feel things fully clicked in. The combo of Test Powder and AnaBeta has the weights I am using in my workouts feeling light regardless of my progression. I figured by this point I would be slowing down in my 5/3/1 progression, but I almost feel like I am moving too slow on this combo. Pumps and muscle fullness are also top notch right now. The combo of Agmatine and AnaBeta have me getting pumps when I do random things at work.
    -Recovery is also top notch. I am blasting myself each workout (more volume/intensity than last month) and had been waking up pretty sore the initial weeks. This last week I would have intense DOMS the following day, but would feel a huge reduction of that within another 24 hours compared to previous weeks.
    -Feel my chest has definitely filled out slightly and have gained a couple pounds this last month (4 weeks of AB with last 2 weeks also including Test Powder). Definitely not as lean as my Avi but don't think I have gained much fat (been at this awhile so I take the steady but constant approach).

Negatives:

-Don't have too much negative to say about this stack so far. AnaBeta doesn't ever seem to make me starving like some people notice and I have not noticed much hunger changes even with Test Powder. I eat plenty anyways.
    -I love AnaBeta partly for the fact that it never seems to cause me any negatives that even some natty products can bring (joint pain, etc).
    -Nightmares aren't cool, but I have been sleeping through them for the most part. Taking naps is the worst though. I feel pretty groggy if I don't get a full sleep cycle and it seems to have me in a mental fog longer than my usual post nap comas.
    -Worst thing I could mention is this acne. Chest, shoulders, and traps are breaking out pretty bad. This may be combined with the random warmth of this past week and me sweating more at work, but still this is worse than over the summer or when I ran ABE + Erase or Erase Pro for comparison.
    -I have been dosing 2 scoops every day so the tub only lasts 24 days not even a full 4 weeks and it is kind of expensive. Based off the effects so far it may be worth it but we will see what these last couple weeks bring before a final decision on that.

If anyone has any specific questions about things I may not have addressed please let me know.

Edit: Added pics for a reference of where I am at now. Feel muscle fullness has increased but miss how lean I was several months ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.03%

Great job with the review bolt...very informative. Hope the stack continues to deliver for you.
    PES Representative
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

lookin pretty damn lean man - i think leaner (and fuller) than in your beginning pics.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree that you look fuller than the avi. Glad you are seeing good results. Makes me eager to start mine Sunday
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.46%

Week 2 Review of Test Powder + AnaBeta:

Going to keep this relatively simple and give more depth in a final review (2 weeks is a good time to see trends but not full picture for the use of most things non-stimulant based IMO). Just some basic impressions and positives and negatives so far. I know it is a giant Text Wall so I will try and work on the format for a better final review.

AnaBeta Notes:

-I should note I started dosing 6 caps AnaBeta 2 weeks before the start of my Test Powder. I have used AnaBeta quite frequently and know how it usually "hits" me and what to expect.
    -By the time TP was added vascularity, muscle fullness, and pumps in workouts had increased. Strength and endurance began to move up as well by the 2 week mark. Upped my CHO and dropped some Fats on workout days and AnaBeta seemed to help keep that in check.

Taste, mixability, dosing, etc:

-As noted earlier it is a good, but not great tasting product in my experience. It doesn't rank up there with my favorites and the Fruit Punch flavor isn't as good as Alphamine Fruit Punch, I do find it better than most other FPs I have had in the past. Easier to drink than say Clout or Creatine-RT Fruit Punch and is very light (doesn't seem to "thicken" the water when mixed). I have combined it with Craze, Protocol, and even some Compete just to see how the taste changes and it doesn't seem to over power other drinks, but has never made them taste any worse with its addition.
    -The idea of a powder for a test boosting product was first for myself (I believe), but that is not really a plus or minus IMO. Maybe if you have issues stomaching some of the ingredients then sipping them over time with a meal or varying the dosage could be seen as a plus (didn't matter for myself).
    -Never noticed any stomach discomfort even at full dose before a workout. Dosing this with a pre-workout meal also is easy to do or splitting one scoop early and one scoop later was nice, but I didn't notice any drastic difference in sleep with different dosing times.

Positives:

-Within a week I began to start to see some positive effects on mood and attitude. Definitely feel more "capable" going into the weight room and other areas of life, making accomplishing things easier (mind over matter).
    -On a similar note I began to notice an increased frequency of dreams/nightmares after the first week. This slowed as I began to sleep throughout the entirety of the night (usually wake up at least once a night to pee, etc.). Don't recall most dreams as I sleep deeply and wake up feeling refreshed every morning. I had noted fatigue at the start of the log but by now I feel better every day I wake up and don't need a morning stim to get me moving for work.
    -To take advantage of the mood enhancing benefits (and for some added stim pre-workout) I added Craze to my rotation. I dropped Ultima for the most part, but the combo of Craze and Test Powder has me pretty much euphoric beyond what even Craze typically does for me alone. Dialed in and insane workouts right now.
    -By day 10 I feel things fully clicked in. The combo of Test Powder and AnaBeta has the weights I am using in my workouts feeling light regardless of my progression. I figured by this point I would be slowing down in my 5/3/1 progression, but I almost feel like I am moving too slow on this combo. Pumps and muscle fullness are also top notch right now. The combo of Agmatine and AnaBeta have me getting pumps when I do random things at work.
    -Recovery is also top notch. I am blasting myself each workout (more volume/intensity than last month) and had been waking up pretty sore the initial weeks. This last week I would have intense DOMS the following day, but would feel a huge reduction of that within another 24 hours compared to previous weeks.
    -Feel my chest has definitely filled out slightly and have gained a couple pounds this last month (4 weeks of AB with last 2 weeks also including Test Powder). Definitely not as lean as my Avi but don't think I have gained much fat (been at this awhile so I take the steady but constant approach).

Negatives:

-Don't have too much negative to say about this stack so far. AnaBeta doesn't ever seem to make me starving like some people notice and I have not noticed much hunger changes even with Test Powder. I eat plenty anyways.
    -I love AnaBeta partly for the fact that it never seems to cause me any negatives that even some natty products can bring (joint pain, etc).
    -Nightmares aren't cool, but I have been sleeping through them for the most part. Taking naps is the worst though. I feel pretty groggy if I don't get a full sleep cycle and it seems to have me in a mental fog longer than my usual post nap comas.
    -Worst thing I could mention is this acne. Chest, shoulders, and traps are breaking out pretty bad. This may be combined with the random warmth of this past week and me sweating more at work, but still this is worse than over the summer or when I ran ABE + Erase or Erase Pro for comparison.
    -I have been dosing 2 scoops every day so the tub only lasts 24 days not even a full 4 weeks and it is kind of expensive. Based off the effects so far it may be worth it but we will see what these last couple weeks bring before a final decision on that.

If anyone has any specific questions about things I may not have addressed please let me know.

Edit: Added pics for a reference of where I am at now. Feel muscle fullness has increased but miss how lean I was several months ago.
    Holy sh1t bro! You look ripped up like crazy! I also agree that you look a lot fuller then in the avi. Nice work man! Good review as well!
    PES Representative
  20. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Great job with the review bolt...very informative. Hope the stack continues to deliver for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    lookin pretty damn lean man - i think leaner (and fuller) than in your beginning pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I agree that you look fuller than the avi. Glad you are seeing good results. Makes me eager to start mine Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Holy sh1t bro! You look ripped up like crazy! I also agree that you look a lot fuller then in the avi. Nice work man! Good review as well!
    Thanks for the comments guys. I am pretty hard on myself in my pursuit for improvements so I appreciate the feedback from outside sources.

Definitely fuller than my avi and I should be based on weight gain. Goal of staying lean through this bulk has been pretty effective so far. One of my main problems is usually impatience and wanting to always see the scale moving up which usually ends with more unnecessary weight gain than warranted.

Woke up today and my upper back feels like I got hit with a crowbar repeatedly like Jason Todd (comic reference ).

No idea why, but I tried rolling it out and it still hurts. Its weird because I have never felt anything like this before. It isn't DOMS (I didn't even lift yesterday), doesn't really feel like typical muscle pain or hurt during muscle contractions. O well hopefully it feels fine when I hit the gym a little later and it didn't hinder my work this morning so I'll be fine.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

That sounds like me every morning waking up. Phantom pains for no reason. You're too young for that sh!t bubba! Lol
    I also agree with everyone else,you look lean and hard kid. I'm jealous as hell. This bulk is going very well.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    That sounds like me every morning waking up. Phantom pains for no reason. You're too young for that sh!t bubba! Lol
    I also agree with everyone else,you look lean and hard kid. I'm jealous as hell. This bulk is going very well.
    Ya I feel better already as I move around. Just kind of freaked me out because like you said I shouldn't have random pains at this age!

On a side note I am looking to get a nice workout belt for deadlifts and squats for when I do heavy work in the future (as the weight keeps going up). Anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really an issue as I am looking at some pretty expensive ones already and if you see my lifting shoes you should know I'd rather spend for quality than have to repurchase later because I was stingy with my first purchase.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Got this email today. They might have something..
    http://www.elitefts.net/Default.asp?...m_medium=email
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.39%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Ya I feel better already as I move around. Just kind of freaked me out because like you said I shouldn't have random pains at this age!

On a side note I am looking to get a nice workout belt for deadlifts and squats for when I do heavy work in the future (as the weight keeps going up). Anyone have any suggestions? Price isn't really an issue as I am looking at some pretty expensive ones already and if you see my lifting shoes you should know I'd rather spend for quality than have to repurchase later because I was stingy with my first purchase.
    Clear pms dude
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Clear pms dude
    I don't even know why it was full but its cleared out now.

Workout update being typed up now as well.
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Oct. 5

Had a shake of 1 scoop Vanilla Cup Cake Protean + 1 scoop Strawberry UP 2.0 in 8 oz Coconut Milk and a little extra water. Was amazing.

Pre-workout: 1 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol +.15 minutes before/while I warmed up. The Berry Lemonade Craze tasted pretty good mixed with Test Powder.

Training:
    5/3/1 OHP Day

As I mentioned earlier my back was feeling "off". Spent a bunch of time this morning foam rolling and using a golf ball to try and demolish a knot in my back. Painful as hell but the foam rolling before my workout was much better. Still felt a little weird but much better as I warmed up (and as I type this now I can't even note any issue in my back at all). Definitely glad it is going away.

OHP:
    Still Deloading but weight felt great today.

Assistance work:

Myo-reps as usual.

Inverted Row 22 reps + 15
    Bench Press 165lbs 14 reps + 9
    Triceps Extension 30lbs 14 reps + 12
    DB Curl 30lbs 15 reps + 12

Also did a series of varies band raises/pull-aparts for some rear delt/rotator cuff work.

Took the Inverted Rows real easy today because I could feel that knot or whatever was going on in my back during a quick warm up on this. Actually felt better when I was done with this. Blood flow definitely helped it. Other exercises were up in weight as well. Great improvements this week and felt pretty awesome throughout the lift. Ready to blast things hard next week though.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

Should be roughly 3200 calories when I finish today. Bunch of CHO fat below 60g and protein at least 250g.

Supplement Notes:

Things are still kicking at full steam ahead right now. Despite deloading the main exercises I am still pushing the accessory work pretty hard and noticing improvements every time I step in the gym. Strength and workout endurance are great right now.

Had to be up at an unusual hour for myself yesterday (5:30), only got like 5-6 hours of sleep, and that threw my whole day off. Went to bed early last night and woke up refreshed and ready to go today. Usually it takes me a day or two to recover from a day where I don't get at least 7 hours of sleep, but today I feel normal. I usually need a ton of sleep or I get agitated, I am just high maintenance.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

I must be very high maintenance then! I am one grumpy SOB if my sleep gets messed with. Lol
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I must be very high maintenance then! I am one grumpy SOB if I don't have dinner by 5:00 and get to bed by 8:00!
    Happens as you get older...
  29. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.39%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

I don't even know why it was full but its cleared out now.

Workout update being typed up now as well.
    **** I forgot what I was going to say now lol
    Anabolic[Minds.com Site Rep
    Olympus Labs DemiGod
    accounts@olympus-labs.com
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    **** I forgot what I was going to say now lol

Its all good if you remember then just hit me up.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Happens as you get older...
    Gee I feel better now.

Name:  crazy_old_man.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  131.9 KB
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

You're a beast bolt
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Oct. 5

Pre-workout: 1.5 servings Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol + while warming up.

Training:
    5/3/1 Deadlift Day

Deadlift:
    Finally on my last deload day.

Assistance work:

5 sets of 10 at 185 for Squat and with the Ab Wheel for Ab Rollouts.

Conditioning:

5 sets of ~35yard prowler pushes with minimal rest today.

Diet:

Went to Fuddruckers for a PWO meal of a Buffalo Burger, Sweet Potato Fries, and Baked Beans. Was awesome. Also had some Chicken Parm later in the day. Twas a great day of eating.

Ended at roughly 3100 calories and ~250/350/80.

Supplement Notes:

The pump in my legs and especially my calves by the time I was done with the Prowler was bordering on obnoxious. Workout and diet haven't been much different so that is a surprise.

Strength still felt great in the gym. That back issue the other day seems to have manifested into a mean trigger spot in my upper back but no real pain like before.

DOMS are pretty high right now (the morning after). Nothing extreme, but surprising given the submaximal weights used and ease of yesterdays workout.

Looked "dry" yesterday but the scale was up 1lbs from earlier. For whatever that is worth.

Side Notes:

Was a great day watching a ton of college football. Some pretty good games and high scoring affairs. Was pleased to see Stanford play (live on the East Coast and don't get a ton of Pac-12 games on) and it was probably one of the better games of the day. Not too excited for the NFL games on today but may go to a sports bar for lunch to try and catch some of the games that won't be on locally.

Starting to think of which supplements I will plan on using in the coming months. I have quite a stash and already have my training planned out just gotta see which looks to be the best compliment to my ongoing goals and approach.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.1%

Not happy with the Stanford game being a Cats fan(my son is a U of A student). We had that game.
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Not happy with the Stanford game being a Cats fan(my son is a U of A student). We had that game.
    Sorry. Not really a Stanford fan myself but some of the local talent here has been making its way over there for football.
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Hopefully hitting an update today. Work and the day in general have been crazy, and I have a horrendous headache.

I'll post in an hour or so if I don't pass out while reading.
  37. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.72%

Gee I feel better now.

Name:  crazy_old_man.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  131.9 KB
    You guys might not know this but I was talking about Az in PM and he said his avatar is a picture of him that he took about 8 years ago, before he lost his last tooth.
    PES Representative
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I have been using an Inzer signle prong 10mm belt and it has held up great over the past 6 years. Elitefts.com has a new 13mm leather belt that looks really cool and I have never used a leather powerlifting style belt of that thinkness so I might check it out. Alittle skeptical because im not sure the poundages im currently pushing warrant a 13 mm belt. I prefer the prong belts to a lever because I feel it always give me a more exact fit while my stomach size fluctuates from workout to workout.

Awesome progress too man hoping to achieve similar results.
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.65%

Quote Originally Posted by CATdiesel76 View Post
    I have been using an Inzer signle prong 10mm belt and it has held up great over the past 6 years. Elitefts.com has a new 13mm leather belt that looks really cool and I have never used a leather powerlifting style belt of that thinkness so I might check it out. Alittle skeptical because im not sure the poundages im currently pushing warrant a 13 mm belt. I prefer the prong belts to a lever because I feel it always give me a more exact fit while my stomach size fluctuates from workout to workout.

Awesome progress too man hoping to achieve similar results.
    Thanks. I have been looking at the Inzer 10mm Single Prong. I think that is what I am going to go with. Wasn't sure about lever or prong but have been leaning toward prong.

Oct. 8

Woke up with a headache and had a real stressful day (before and after my lift). Had a lot to deal with and really zoned in and took out my aggression in my lift.

Pre-workout: 1.5 serving Craze + 2 scoop Test Powder 1 hour before lift. Drank 3 scoops Protocol 15 minutes before lift/on the way to the gym.

Training:
    5/3/1 Bench Day

3 sets for warm-up.
    3 sets of 5 for working sets with final set at 205.

Last set was kind of rough. The weight didn't feel "heavy" but I used a different rack for benching (shouldn't have I am too much a creature of habit) and when I tried to unrack the weight it didn't come off correctly. Should have just racked it and gone again but I was stubborn and just went for it. Hard to explain but it threw the whole set off. O well still got the required reps.

Assistance work:

As noted I was stressed so I may have been a little more reckless today than usual. Was dialed in beyond belief.

Military Press 100lbs 11 reps + 9
    Lat Pulldown 150lbs 12 reps + 12
    Barbell Curl 85lbs 12 reps + 9
    Rope Extension Plate 16 16 reps + 15
    Cable Flies Plate 10 25 reps + 10

Taking some of the weights higher really was tough. Never done this low of reps on Myo-Rep schemes before and it was tough. Total reps were down (endurance seemed much harder at higher weights) as a whole but strength levels were definitely still going up. Kept the Flies extra light and got more reps than I did the first week at this weight. Overall workout felt hard with all the nonsense I had going on but felt better after.

Conditioning:

No conditioning.

Diet:

3200 Calories. ~250/375/75

Had some awesome chili as the last meal in the day with some rice cakes. Was pretty stuffed by the end of the day but felt I needed the extra calories today.

Supplement Notes:

Was looking lean today. Noticing a nice trend with this.

Muscle fullness was at an all time high. Felt great. AB + TP is definitely hitting me nicely right now.

Sleep has been awesome. Been real "drained" by night and been going to bed earlier than usual and then waking up well before my alarm. Helps me to be very productive with no real dragging going on in the morning.

Random Notes:

If I make it through this whole week with good progression I will be impressed. Stress is at an all time high with work situations and just life in general. Hoping it doesn't take a toll on my lifts and that I can make it through this next month before switching things up. Overall nothing "bad", just a lot of possible change. I like my habits and dislike too much change unless for the better.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.44%

I am too much a creature of habit
    i thought that only happened when you get old - like AZ?
    proud habitual individual here as well..dig it.
    but I was stubborn
    yup, me too..
    Had some awesome chili as the last meal in the day with some rice cakes.
    oooo love me some chili & rice cakes, nice combo..had exact same thing yesterday.
    Was looking lean today. Noticing a nice trend with this.
    nice nice!
    Muscle fullness was at an all time high.
    awesome!
    Sleep has been awesome.
    ahh - phew. something we differ on (mine has been very fitful), because....
    Stress is at an all time high with work situations and just life in general.
    I like my habits and dislike too much change
    ....i was thinking either we are twins, or you been spying on my life somehow.

hang in there buddy, keep doing what you do.
    habits and routines can aid in getting us thru unexpected turbulence from time to time, gives us a calm reassurance.

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to combat the effects of my new job
    By allday54 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2011, 07:58 PM
  2. My PH powder is stuck to the top of T-gel
    By jefflong3323 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 03:52 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 05:15 PM
  4. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2