Condense New PWO by Purus Labs Featuring Randoja

Page 8 of 11 First ... 3678910 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Yea your forms pretty gutted out bro... Your rounding back, breathing looks off and your ext of knees
    I just need to slow down, It's not as if I'm going to get less reps if I take a second to do it right.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net

  2. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

    I just need to slow down, It's not as if I'm going to get less reps if I take a second to do it right.
    True. I'll tell u tho proper concentrated form equals better gains. Also shouldn't need straps for that weight. Hook or under over
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  3. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    True. I'll tell u tho proper concentrated form equals better gains. Also shouldn't need straps for that weight. Hook or under over
    I do need straps for that weight though, I could only get like 2 reps under/over before grip failure. It's something I'm working on currently.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    10-2 Cycle 2 Week 2 Deadlift

    DL 5@45--5@135--3@225--3@295--3@335--8@380
    BBB 5x10@210
    Weighted Dips 5x10@50lbs

    Happy with reps at 380 but extremely disappointed in my form, I think part of my problem is trying to rush the money set and not getting a proper setup before each rep. I will definitely try to make the necessary adjustments next week for my top set at 400lbs. 2 scoops of Condense today, deads+dips+singlet was awesome once the pumps came in.

    bump to next page
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  5. Registered User
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    corn fields of Indiana
    Posts
    6,336
    Rep Power
    5844794

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

    True. I'll tell u tho proper concentrated form equals better gains. Also shouldn't need straps for that weight. Hook or under over
    Ha you mean YOU shouldn't need straps for that weight...we don't all DL small cars lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  6. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Ha you mean YOU shouldn't need straps for that weight...we don't all DL small cars lol
    That's what I was thinking lol.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  7. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    i would say just take your time bro, it only takes like 3 secs to re set up.
  8. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    True. I'll tell u tho proper concentrated form equals better gains. Also shouldn't need straps for that weight. Hook or under over
    negged. wish i could dl 600 lbs lmfao
  9. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    I meant don't.... Yes
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  10. Registered User
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    corn fields of Indiana
    Posts
    6,336
    Rep Power
    5844794

    Does any body DL without letting the weight hit the floor between reps?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  11. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    i would say just take your time bro, it only takes like 3 secs to re set up.
    agreed, my first rep wasn't too bad, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to perform every one like that. I find that on my lighter working sets my form is better without using the straps, something about the under/over grip seems to keep my back straighter.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  12. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    agreed, my first rep wasn't too bad, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to perform every one like that. I find that on my lighter working sets my form is better without using the straps, something about the under/over grip seems to keep my back straighter.
    i understand that man i do the same exact thing sometimes
  13. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285
    Does any body DL without letting the weight hit the floor between reps?
    I do
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  14. Registered User
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    corn fields of Indiana
    Posts
    6,336
    Rep Power
    5844794

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42

    I do
    I noticed that KILLS me. I have to go way lighter. Does that mean I'm doing it wrong when I'm repping and dropping it or do you think you can do more just because u have that couple seconds to re set up?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  15. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I noticed that KILLS me. I have to go way lighter. Does that mean I'm doing it wrong when I'm repping and dropping it or do you think you can do more just because u have that couple seconds to re set up?
    I kinda feel like it's because you have to stop the weight's movement with your lower back instead of letting the floor do it for you. That's just my 2 cents on it though. I only ever do it by accident and that's immediately where I feel it.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  16. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    This set @ 350 is much better than today and I took my time, and did u/o grip. This is what I need to be shooting for every time IMO.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  17. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    Just don't use the under over to much as you can tear your Bicep and develop your muscles diff on that side. I like under over but use hook grip for sets
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  18. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Just don't use the under over to much as you can tear your Bicep and develop your muscles diff on that side. I like under over but use hook grip for sets
    Is that where your fingers go over your thumb or something?
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  19. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Just don't use the under over to much as you can tear your Bicep and develop your muscles diff on that side. I like under over but use hook grip for sets
    isnt that why you alternate? I alternate either on my sets, or alternate on my reps.. its not hard to resetup lol
  20. Registered User
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    corn fields of Indiana
    Posts
    6,336
    Rep Power
    5844794

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

    I kinda feel like it's because you have to stop the weight's movement with your lower back instead of letting the floor do it for you. That's just my 2 cents on it though. I only ever do it by accident and that's immediately where I feel it.
    I could def. see that
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  21. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja
    Is that where your fingers go over your thumb or something?
    Yes :-) hurts like a bitch at times
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  22. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    Yes :-) hurts like a bitch at times
    aww I need to pick myself up the next level of captain of crush gripper, I have tiny hands like the dude in that one burger king commercial. Sucks.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  23. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    15,519
    Rep Power
    3726231

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja

    aww I need to pick myself up the next level of captain of crush gripper, I have tiny hands like the dude in that one burger king commercial. Sucks.
    Haha that's bad
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  24. Registered User
    arluckydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    5287

    Man I am so far behind soon as my cycle is over I got to try that condense.
  25. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    10-4 Cycle 2 Week 3 Bench

    Bench 2x5@45--5@135--5@175--3@200--4@225+4 spotted
    BBB 5x10@115
    DB Lateral Raise 2x12@20--10@20
    BB Curl 11@80--6@80--8@70

    Great day in the gym, had a really good spotter, a physique competitor who is a cool dude. Got 8 on the money set but honestly I have no idea how much he was helping, that said I don't feel the slightest bit guilty crediting myself with 4 reps for a rep match +5lbs from last cycle. Took 2 scoops of Condense today and was so pumped I could see my front delts through my t-shirt. Overall a big confidence booster and good workout. Added 2.5lbs on my DB raises and almost got 3x12, put another 10lbs on first couple sets of curls and really got my biceps good. Can't wait to squat tomorrow!

    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  26. Registered User
    Danb2285's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    corn fields of Indiana
    Posts
    6,336
    Rep Power
    5844794

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja
    10-4 Cycle 2 Week 3 Bench

    Bench 2x5@45--5@135--5@175--3@200--4@225+4 spotted
    BBB 5x10@115
    DB Lateral Raise 2x12@20--10@20
    BB Curl 11@80--6@80--8@70

    Great day in the gym, had a really good spotter, a physique competitor who is a cool dude. Got 8 on the money set but honestly I have no idea how much he was helping, that said I don't feel the slightest bit guilty crediting myself with 4 reps for a rep match +5lbs from last cycle. Took 2 scoops of Condense today and was so pumped I could see my front delts through my t-shirt. Overall a big confidence booster and good workout. Added 2.5lbs on my DB raises and almost got 3x12, put another 10lbs on first couple sets of curls and really got my biceps good. Can't wait to squat tomorrow!

    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2bCo5m4ruQ&feature=yo utu.be
    Hell yeah man! Pop tart PWO this time?
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  27. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    Hell yeah man! Pop tart PWO this time?
    Definitely!
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  28. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    10-5 Cycle 2 Week 3 Squat

    Squat 5@45--5@135--5@225--3@290--5@320
    BBB 5x10@170
    SLDL 5@135--2x5@225
    Seated Calf Raise 20@90--20@180--20@270

    Kind of an unfortunate set of squats today, when I unracked the bar the left side bounced off the top of the bracket that holds it and it took me a second to recover, I should have just reracked and started again. After the 5th rep I was seeing stars and a bit dizzy, I tried to compose myself for another rep or two but at that point it was over.

    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  29. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    10-5 Cycle 2 Week 3 Squat

    Squat 5@45--5@135--5@225--3@290--5@320
    BBB 5x10@170
    SLDL 5@135--2x5@225
    Seated Calf Raise 20@90--20@180--20@270

    Kind of an unfortunate set of squats today, when I unracked the bar the left side bounced off the top of the bracket that holds it and it took me a second to recover, I should have just reracked and started again. After the 5th rep I was seeing stars and a bit dizzy, I tried to compose myself for another rep or two but at that point it was over.

    BADASS workout brotha!! youre movin some weight bro!
  30. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Rep Power
    4651711

    Rando, what decides the weight increases? Your last squat sesh was at 305.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  31. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Rando, what decides the weight increases? Your last squat sesh was at 305.
    5/3/1 is a percentage based program.
  32. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Rando, what decides the weight increases? Your last squat sesh was at 305.
    It progresses by cycle and percentage of max.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmftisftw View Post
    5/3/1 is a percentage based program.
    This.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  33. Banned
    bmftisftw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    iowa
    Age
    22
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    0

    I have the book (;
  34. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Rep Power
    4651711

    Ok I understand. It just seems like the jumps are pretty big. Last one was 305 for 8 and here you are at 320.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  35. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Ok I understand. It just seems like the jumps are pretty big. Last one was 305 for 8 and here you are at 320.
    Yeah the top sets go by percentage and they have different rep goals, week 1 is a goal of 5 reps, week 2 is 3, and week 3 is only 1. But you are supposed to go for as many as you can get. Also being that I'm still early on in the routine the progression starts low to allow for gains over time, that is why I am getting several above recommended. Later in cycles it should get tough to actually hit the prescribed reps.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  36. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Rep Power
    4651711

    So 5 reps was the target today?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  37. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    So 5 reps was the target today?
    Just 1 rep. But I got 5. You can get more than the target, but you have to get at least the target to move to the next cycle. Yesterdays bench and today's squat have been the only 2 workouts I've done for the 3rd (1 rep topset) week, I'll do mil press and deadlift monday and tuesday, but I'll certainly get more than 1. Then a weeklong deload, and it starts over. I'll probably continue to get well over target reps for 2 more cycles.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  38. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    CYCLE 3

    These are my weights for next cycle. The columns are days and they go 5,5,5+ - 3,3,3+ - 5,3,1+

    Core Lift
    Bench Press
    Set 1 155.00 170.00 180.00
    Set 2 180.00 190.00 205.00
    Set 3 205.00 215.00 230.00

    Squat
    Set 1 225.00 245.00 260.00
    Set 2 260.00 280.00 295.00
    Set 3 295.00 315.00 330.00

    Shoulder Press
    Set 1 95.00 105.00 110.00
    Set 2 110.00 120.00 125.00
    Set 3 125.00 135.00 140.00

    Deadlift
    Set 1 280.00 300.00 320.00
    Set 2 320.00 345.00 365.00
    Set 3 365.00 385.00 410.00
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  39. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Rep Power
    4651711

    Ok now I am understanding this. When I kept seeing you do the working set with different rep ranges I was baffled. So you are getting a feel for it before you really bust into the singles?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  40. Registered User
    Randoja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,311
    Rep Power
    1737701

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Ok now I am understanding this. When I kept seeing you do the working set with different rep ranges I was baffled. So you are getting a feel for it before you really bust into the singles?
    When you start the program you take your actual max and take 10% off of them. So all the percentages that are used are actually based on 90% of my 1rm. Then as cycles progress weight is added to my 1rm on assumption. 10lbs to squat and deadlift, 5 lbs to mil press and bench each month. The reason my reps vary is just because I'm better at squats then say mil press so thats why in the same week the goal for both exercise top sets will be 3 for example and I will get like 6 on mil press but then 8 on squats. It takes a few cycles for your training max to line up with your actual max and for the program to become challenging to get the target reps. If you stall on a lift and fail to hit target reps, you just take 10% off again and start that lift from cycle 1 again. I'm simply following the spreadsheet and the laid out weights. Just the fact that it's early in the routine has me topping out the reps. But essentially the goal will be to continue beating the prescribed reps. TBH I won't be happy the day that I actually only get one rep when it's prescribed, because that will mean I am about to stall out.
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. the now shredded JonesBones40 ConDense's thanks to Purus Labs!
    By jonesBones40 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 10:37 PM
  2. Getting smacked by Purus Labs!
    By JudoJosh in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
  3. ReCycle by Purus Labs for pct
    By donbx in forum Purus Labs
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:00 PM
  4. halovar by purus labs? any word out?
    By AmeriBull55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 02:44 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in