Slin Sane in the Membrane - Dewey99's Genomyx SSV2 Log

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

You are right, it's so great trying things new ways and see what works. Not everyone is the same and things don't work the same for some as they do for others.
    I never notice me being vascular or having a lot of intense pumps but maybe because I am a chick and I don't notice those things..
    but I notice other things instead!
    Awesome log thanks Dewey!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Day 22

August 18th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 55g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 71g of carbs

I worked out first thing in the morning and ate pretty well throughout the day. I needed to get back on track after some rough cheat meals this week. I felt great after both meals and pretty much felt great all day.

I stopped my ArA supplement that I was taking pwo a few days back and now I see that SSV2 is giving me nice pumps in the gym even though I am not taking it pwo. It helps that I have been more vascular in general since I started taking SSV2. I think I may try it pwo with carbs at least once before I finish the log. I definitely think that the best use is before high carb meals, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other good uses out there too. Part of running a sponsored log should be to try and cover as many scenarios as you can so people can figure out all the uses of a product as well as what doesn't really work.
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 23

August 19th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 81g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 37g of carbs

Lunch was whole grain pasta with chicken and a spicy tomato sauce. SSV2 worked here and I was not even close to full. Luckily my girlfriend pre-portioned it out and it wasn't family style. Dinner was grilled salmon with broccoli an a small salad. Yesterday was a better example of how I should be eating. Glad to be getting the diet back on track!

I can see the bottom of my SSV2 bottle so I know this fun ride is coming to an end soon. Never fear as I am about to reload. Found a very nice deal on a Genomyx stack that includes SSV2, Decimate and the new Protocol. I had been holding out hope that Smitty or Armando would send me some Decimate to log but realized I was getting greedy and should just buy some.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Haha. I also need to re stock on my SS. I have been eating 300g carbs on work out days and stay lean, dry, and not bloated. It's great.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 24

August 20th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 38g of carbs.
    2nd dose: NONE - and this is when I really needed it!

Yesterday started innocently enough with my usual early protein and healthy lunch. I had to leave work early to go to my pre-op appointment in Stockton (maybe you have heard of it - it was the biggest US city to ever file for bankruptcy after all!). Pre-op appointment went smoothly and then had to go get fitted for a sling. That went OK too but unfortunately the place they sent me happened to be next to this Mexican restaurant that we used to frequent for the best Super Nachos around. We are talking a heaping plate of chips, beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and this amazing Chile Colorado that they put on top. This is where things went sideways....

The girlfriend really wanted the nachos and we were right there so we decided to splurge. Well, since this was an unplanned stop I did not have any SSV2 to take before the meal (I left it in my other purse....). No nutritional info on the menu but I am going to guess that I took in 140-170 grams of carbs at dinner. I noticed the difference without SSV2 within about 45 minutes as I felt really full and super lethargic. I was lazy the rest of the night as I think all me energy was being used for digestion. The other high carb meals I have had while logging the Slin Sane have felt completely different. I wish I could have had some with me, but we often don't appreciate supps like this until we don't have them!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Awww Dewey you need to have a cap of SSv2 somewhere near just like a condom in the wallet. You just never know when it'll happen
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    Awww Dewey you need to have a cap of SSv2 somewhere near just like a condom in the wallet. You just never know when it'll happen
    Ha! Nice one. Maybe Armando can send me a Genomyx fanny pack and I can just keep a whole bottle of SSV2 in there!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 25

August 21st:

1st dose: 1 cap with 43g carbs at lunch
    2nd dose: 1 cap with 59g carbs at dinner

No more nachos for me. A boring day of good eating which isn't very fun! At least I had my SSV2 with me this time. I had planned on trying the pwo dose of SSV2 with carbs, but something came up and I wasn't able to get to the gym after work. Check back tomorrow to see what happens when you do use it pwo though...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 26

August 22nd:

1st dose: 1 cap with 38g of carbs at lunch
    2nd dose: 1 cap with 40g of carbs 30 minutes before working out

The first dose was my normal pre-lunch dose with my innocuous tuna sandwich and Greek yogurt.

I decided to try the pwo dose now that I am almost of of SSV2 and haven't been taking any other supplements. I figure this was the best time to see if SSV2 made a difference in the gym. I took one cap around 5:40 PM. At 6:00 I had a RTD shake that my buddy Trae sent me, which had 35g of carbs (9g sugar/5g fiber if you are interested). I was thinking 35g might be on the low side so I had a few pretzels to bring it to 40g of carbs.

I got to the gym at 6:25 and started with a back/bi's workout after some warmups. My forearms were painfully pumped by my third set up upright rows! It was seriously an amazing pump last night. I kept looking in the mirror because I could not believe just how vascular I was. At a softish 234 lbs., I am not the most vascular guy normally. I mean sure, I get the big veins that pop out but last night was so much different. Better pumps than I get from 2 scoops of Hemavol and that says a lot. I could see the allure in using SSV2 with carbs pwo or anytime you want to show off a little.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Day 27

August 23rd

1st dose: 1 cap with 47g of carbs at lunch
    2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed about 1.5 hours after eating a Quest Bar

Yesterday was a pretty normal and boring day. Now that I have used enough SSV2 to see how much it helps when I eat high carb meals, I almost want to save the last pills I have left just for those times I splurge. I feel bad "wasting" pills with 30-50g of carbs! Either way, I get the longer term benefits from SSV2 even if I don't take it with high carbs. My log is just about over but thankfully I have some more SSV2 for later.

The pre-bed dose left me dried out and more vascular as usual. No extra trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night or anything.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Sorry I haven't finished off this log. I finished my last SSV2 on Friday and have been busy getting things ready for my shoulder surgery Tuesday morning. I will unfortunately have lots of extra downtime to be on the forums so I will finish the log and a final review in the next couple days.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Sorry I haven't finished off this log. I finished my last SSV2 on Friday and have been busy getting things ready for my shoulder surgery Tuesday morning. I will unfortunately have lots of extra downtime to be on the forums so I will finish the log and a final review in the next couple days.
    No worries, just take it easy and get well! Thanks for logging SSv2!
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.

Hope the surgery goes well Dewey! God knows ill need one in a few years haha.
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Good luck in surgery bud! I hade the same one. You'll bounce back in no time stronger than ever!
  14. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MM11
    Haha. I also need to re stock on my SS. I have been eating 300g carbs on work out days and stay lean, dry, and not bloated. It's great.
    Lucky you!

& Dew, how surgery go?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

I'm hanging in there. Before the surgery yesterday, the surgeon said he would hopefully be able to do the surgery through two incisions. After the surgery he said that there was more damage than originally expected and that the surgery was more invasive and extensive than he hoped.

My girlfriend was changing out the gauze today and noticed that I had four incisions! Guess it really was worse than expected.... feelsbadman.
  16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99
    I'm hanging in there. Before the surgery yesterday, the surgeon said he would hopefully be able to do the surgery through two incisions. After the surgery he said that there was more damage than originally expected and that the surgery was more invasive and extensive than he hoped.

My girlfriend was changing out the gauze today and noticed that I had four incisions! Guess it really was worse than expected.... feelsbadman.
    How u mess it up?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

How u mess it up?
    Lifting. I had been out if the gym for a couple years after a serious knee injury and got up to 300 lbs. at the beginning of the year. I had enough and jumped back in. I went too fast based on what I used to do. Tore up my shoulder doing overhead presses.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Slin Sane V2 - Final Review:

Before I jump in, I would like to thank Smitty and Vicesolider from Genomyx for sending me this bottle of SSV2 to log.

I used one bottle of SSV2 over the course of a month and have to say that it is one of the most unique supplements that I have ever used. While most supplements are really geared towards use on a cut or a bulk, SSV2 could easily be used in either scenario. Let me review the benefits so you can see why:

Noticeable Benefits:

- No fatigue or carb crash when taking SSV2 before high-carb meals
    - No bogged down or full feeling even after big meals
    - Increased vascularity from Day 3 or 4
    - Greatly increased pumps in the gym (insane when taking SSV2 pwo with carbs)
    - Overnight drying effect when take before bed
    - Improved body composition

Sides:

- Some early bathroom issues (less regular than usual) but those went away
    - Never really got full when eating so you need to be careful not to overeat

As you can see above, the benefits far outweigh any negatives or sides. I tried SSV2 in almost every situation imaginable. I took it before low carb meals (30-40 grams), high carb meals (80-100 grams), 2 caps before really high-carb meals (120+ grams), pre-bed on an empty stomach and even pwo when fasting in the AM.

SSV2 really shines when taken before high carb meals. I ate a bunch of really high carb meals while using SSV2 and never felt tired or full after those meals. I also didn't seem to gain weight when I ate poorly which was really nice. I'm not suggesting that SSV2 should be used in place of a solid diet, but it's nice to know that that you can have some help when you do mess up. I also thought SSV2 was amazing when I took it pre-workout with 40 grams of carbs. I had insane pumps that day, even better than I get with 2 scoops of Hemavol (that says a lot).

SSV2 also had positive effects on body composition for me. I didn't really lose weight during the month, but I got more vascular and defined. I really wish I would have taken pictures but I really didn't expect noticeable body comp effects to be honest. I could definitely see the difference in the mirror though.

The bottom line is that I love SSV2 and what it does for me. I have already ordered more bottles and can see it being a staple in my supplement stash from now on. Try a bottle and you will be happy that you did!

Thanks again to Genomyx for giving me the chance to try the new Slin Sane and to all of the people that followed this log and offered their support and advice!
  19. Registered User

Sorry to hear the surgery was more intensive than planned. Same thing happened to me and was not much fun.

Awesome review though! I just finished up my bottle of SS and agree it is a great product.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Sweet final review Dewey and no we thank you for putting SSv2 to the test.

Without a doubt SlinSaneV2 is not just a GDA but has many health benefits

Again thank you
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

WTG, thanks Dewey!!!
    Sarah
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

awesome review and log bud!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  23. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Great final review.

www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keeping my head in the game.. with FOCUS XT (sponsored log)
    By StangBanger in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 12:23 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
  3. 5 weeks in the Jungle!! - Luke's Jungle Warfare Log
    By luke1984 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 06:13 AM
  4. Review my slin diet? In the making..
    By NPCout in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0