Slin Sane in the Membrane - Dewey99's Genomyx SSV2 Log

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
How did you feel taking it with 32g carbs. You didn't feel it was to little? Any difference between that or before taking it with a large carb meal?
I honestly didn't feel anything from the SSV2 with the lower carb meals. That is not to say it isn't having an effect, just not a noticeable one. There are some cumulative effects from taking SSV2 too, so that can't be discounted. I do still feel the best use of SSV2 is with high-carb meals though.

Seems like that would be my issue with this product is I have such a low carb diet it would probably go to waste. My high carb meal for most days stay below 40g lol
I could see you not get the same benefits out of it if you eat really low carb. For you, it might be useful before bed which creates a nice leaning/drying effect in the morning. That and when you do have a cheat or re-feed meal. A bottle could probably last you a couple months being used this way.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I honestly didn't feel anything from the SSV2 with the lower carb meals. That is not to say it isn't having an effect, just not a noticeable one. There are some cumulative effects from taking SSV2 too, so that can't be discounted. I do still feel the best use of SSV2 is with high-carb meals though.

I could see you not get the same benefits out of it if you eat really low carb. For you, it might be useful before bed which creates a nice leaning/drying effect in the morning. That and when you do have a cheat or re-feed meal. A bottle could probably last you a couple months being used this way.
I agree.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Good log dewey, hmm ill have to take mine at night when i carb up, still waiting for my bottle

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 9

August 4th:

1st dose - 1 cap before lunch containing 72g of carbs
2nd dose - I ended up skipping this dose as I had less than 20g of carbs with dinner

I felt good after eating the 2 Flat-Out pizzas for lunch. No carb crash and not too full. This is the upper limit of what I would use 1 SSV2 cap for, but it seemed to help. I'm noticing that my veins are more pronounced on SSV2 in the morning, when I workout and when I eat these larger meals.

No sides to report at this time.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The reason I asked about Low carb meals is to see if you noticed lethargy or difficulty concentrating. It is good you do not. I get that If I dont eat enough carbs regardless if I am using a Gda or not. Which right now I am (guess which one :) )

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think mine must be arriving soon so we can compare notes. My diet tends to be very low in carbs usually.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 10

August 5th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 54g of carbs
2nd dose: pre-bed around 9:30 PM. (about 3.5 hours after last meal)

I wanted to try the pre-bed dose again since I wouldn't be working out first thing Monday morning. I stay away from the pre-bed dose on days where I will be training fasted first thing the next morning. I woke up looking significantly more dried out this morning, which is always nice. The cool thing is that I only got up to go to the bathroom once during the night, so it's not like I was making trips to the bathroom all night. I like this effect of SSV2.

Happy to report no sides still.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I think mine must be arriving soon so we can compare notes. My diet tends to be very low in carbs usually.
Interesting to see how this plays out for you. I took 2 caps and couldn't leave for lunch for 30 mins. I Absolutely got light headed, lethargic, and had trouble focusing.

Ate 150g carbs and I feel amped. Not stimmed out energy, just energy. I want to go lift something now. I did legs today and usually I struggle to get through my shift. I could go for a run and work a double right now.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Interesting to see how this plays out for you. I took 2 caps and couldn't leave for lunch for 30 mins. I Absolutely got light headed, lethargic, and had trouble focusing.

Ate 150g carbs and I feel amped. Not stimmed out energy, just energy. I want to go lift something now. I did legs today and usually I struggle to get through my shift. I could go for a run and work a double right now.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Dewey have you noticed anything regarding change in thirst? I know personally I can't get enough water but that may be related to the huge increase in carbs in my diet.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Dewey have you noticed anything regarding change in thirst? I know personally I can't get enough water but that may be related to the huge increase in carbs in my diet.
No notable changes in thirst but I drink tons of water anyway. The carbs can do that though.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Yes they can. I am also suspecting that the additional carbs/calories are bringing an increase in sodium In my diet. I am sleds thirsty as is, it just seems to be unreasonable latley.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 11

August 6th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 78g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed around 9:45 PM. (about 3 hours after dinner)

I ended up eating more carbs than usual at lunch as I was still hungry when I finished with my wrap and Greek yogurt and decided to also eat a green apple. I had already taken my SSv2 so it was too late to adjust the dose. I felt fine after lunch even with one pill, probably because there wasn't a ton of simple carbs in lunch.

I took the second pill pre-bed as I really want to explore the effects of doing this more regularly. I woke up feeling/looking more dried out and could actually see better muscle definition. I have to tell you, it's nice to wake up to that! I was also very hungry when I woke up though and had to have more than just a shake before I left for work. I had a couple fried eggs to and that seemed to satisfy me.

No real sides to speak of other than increased hunger in the AM after a pre-bed dose. I can live with that.

LandonPrescot

Awards
Would Slin Sane be ok to take with ostarine and would you go with ostrarine liquid or caps. Do you guys think MK2866 helps joints?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

August 6th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 78g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed around 9:45 PM. (about 3 hours after dinner)

I ended up eating more carbs than usual at lunch as I was still hungry when I finished with my wrap and Greek yogurt and decided to also eat a green apple. I had already taken my SSv2 so it was too late to adjust the dose. I felt fine after lunch even with one pill, probably because there wasn't a ton of simple carbs in lunch.

I took the second pill pre-bed as I really want to explore the effects of doing this more regularly. I woke up feeling/looking more dried out and could actually see better muscle definition. I have to tell you, it's nice to wake up to that! I was also very hungry when I woke up though and had to have more than just a shake before I left for work. I had a couple fried eggs to and that seemed to satisfy me.

No real sides to speak of other than increased hunger in the AM after a pre-bed dose. I can live with that.
Great. Remember some of the effects are cumulative so your extra apple at lunch is not going to set you back. Plus I use 2 caps per 150g meal which is a similar ratio. I personally notice a reduce food bloat, which is wonderful!

Great feedback on the pre bed dosing. I always look drier when I wake up so this may not be something I would notice.

What about muscle fullness, energy, or digestive issues? Any changes positive or negative?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Great. Remember some of the effects are cumulative so your extra apple at lunch is not going to set you back. Plus I use 2 caps per 150g meal which is a similar ratio. I personally notice a reduce food bloat, which is wonderful!

Great feedback on the pre bed dosing. I always look drier when I wake up so this may not be something I would notice.

What about muscle fullness, energy, or digestive issues? Any changes positive or negative?
Muscles do seem fuller and more dense. I'm more vascular all the time and get amazing pumps in the gym. No real difference in energy overall except after heavy carb meals. There you notice a huge difference as I'm sure you have seen too. No carb crash where you feel like crap after having that big meal. No more digestive issues - thank God!

SSV2 is great stuff so far and I could see making it a staple supplement. I would love to run a stack of SSV2, Decimate, and a stim-based burner to see what this could do on a cut.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Gotta be careful.

Good updates thus far, Dewey.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
You can add salvia to your stack soon Dewey!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Like DCP at all?

Salvia + decimate + PLCAR would be an awesome non-low stim stack (depending how AY effects you)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 12

August 7th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 38g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 57g carbs

This was a pretty normal day. Both meals were typical meals for my diet with no cheats and only clean carbs. I don't really feel anything (good or bad) when I use SSv2 this way. The times I notice it are when using it with high carb meal or when I use it pre-bed.

I've got a BBQ at my house this weekend and I am going to need my SSv2. Burgers, dogs, baked beans, chips, etc. Thinks it's safe to take 3 SSv2's at once? I might need it before I consume 300g of carbs over the course of a few hours!

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Salvia and Decimate would be nice. My stack Genomyx stack isn't very diverse at the moment:

The new labels are so much cooler though! ;-)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 13

August 8th

1st dose: 2 caps before dinner containing around 130g carbs

I only took one dose of SSV2 yesterday as I had a low-carb lunch. I had two caps before eating a couple bean and cheese burritos along with some chips and salsa (I know, here I go with the Mexican food again). This was a post-workout meal, but about 2 hours after working out. The effects were about the same in regards to not feeling overly full or feeling any kind of carb crash. I actually could have ate quite a bit more but knew I had already had enough.

Still feeling good. Improved vascularity, especially in the mornings where I didn't really notice it as much before. Bathroom sides may be coming back to an extent but it's too early to tell. I'll keep you posted whether you want to hear about it or not.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 14

August 9th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 46g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 37g of carbs

Pretty boring day diet wise so not as much immediate benefit from the SSV2. I am definitely starting to see that taking SSV2 before high carb meals (50g+) offers me the most noticeable benefit. I also notice solid effects when I take it pre-bed. This is not to say that SSV2 offers no benefit other times, just not an immediately noticeable benefit.

I am having some bathroom issues again. I'm still going, but not as easily as I normally would. Don't rally know how else to say this, but what comes out is in bigger, harder pieces that are often uncomfortable to pass. Sorry, but that's what's going on. I will keep you posted whether you want to hear about it or not!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 14

August 9th:

2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 37g of carbs

Pretty boring day diet wise so not as much immediate benefit from the SSV2. I am definitely starting to see that taking SSV2 before high carb meals (50g+) offerse me the most noticeable benefit. I also notice solid effects when I take it pre-bed. This is not to say that SSV2 offers no benefit other times, just not an immediately noticeable benefit.

I am having some bathroom issues again. I'm still going, but not as easily as I normally would. Don't rally know how else to say this, but what comes out is in bigger, harder pieces that are often uncomfortable to pass. Sorry, but that's what's going on. I will keep you posted whether you want to hear about it or not!
That shyt sucks.... ;) lol

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 13Still feeling good. Improved vascularity, especially in the mornings where I didn't really notice it as much before. Bathroom sides may be coming back to an extent but it's too early to tell. I'll keep you posted whether you want to hear about it or not.

You know we don't mind literally talking about **** on AM :) Hope the bathroom issues get flushed away. (CWUTIDIDTHUR)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 15

August 11th:

1st does: 2 caps about 20 minutes before embarking on a 2-4 hour eating extravaganza.

I do not follow an IF diet, but I almost did yesterday. I worked out first thing in the morning and had a shake when I got home. I didn't eat again until around 1:00 PM when the BBQ at my house started. I did eat off and on until about 4:00 PM though and then all I had the rest of the day was a Quest Bar. I ate chips, a hot link, a cheeseburger, baked beans and some deviled eggs. Luckily it was 106 degrees outside and that helped kill my appetite. I overdid it on food but did not have anything other than water to drink and did not partake in dessert.

I felt pretty decent all in all after pigging out. I am heavier on the scale this morning, but that's likely due to the 5,000 mg's of sodium I had yesterday. I would expect my weight to normalize over the next day or so.

Bathroom issues still persist. Things are still flowing, just not smoothly. Water intake seems solid but I will keep an eye on it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Still talkin' shyt I see huh?

At least you are seeing effects from some high carb meals, thats a +.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 16

August 12th:

1st dose: 2 caps before late lunch containing 118g of carbs

I worked out in the morning and kind of grazed throughout the morning. I ate my big meal for the day (spicy shrimp pasta) a little after 2:00 PM. My girlfriend and I both ate too much, but I felt fine afterwards. She kept complaining about how stuffed she was for hours while I was perusing the pantry for a snack. SSV2 really pays off for these really high carb meals. I guess the only downside to not feeling like crap after eating that many carbs is that you have to fight the urge to keep eating.

Status Quo in the bathroom and I will leave it at that. Mostly for Aaron as he doesn't like it when I talk $hit.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Even though it may not be dinner table worthy conversation. You should report any negatives and positives so that others using your log for research will have all the information possible.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 17

August 13th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 38g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 94g of carbs

I didn't realize I was going to eat as much at dinner as I did, so I only took 1 pill beforehand. Had I known, I probably would have gone with 2. It seemed to help either way as I didn't feel full after eating a decent amount.

I mentioned it yesterday, but you do have to be a little careful when eating big meals after taking SSV2. You won't have that full, bloated feeling and sometimes that's your signal to stop eating. You have to pre-portion your food so you don't end up overdoing it just because you don't feel full. It's not really a problem, just something to watch out for.

Bathroom issues persist and what goes in is not coming back out in the same proportion. I have a feeling that one of these days I am going to suddenly be 5 lbs. lighter after a productive trip to the bathroom. I'm not completely stopped up, but things aren't flowing the way they normally would either.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Day 17

August 13th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 38g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 94g of carbs

I didn't realize I was going to eat as much at dinner as I did, so I only took 1 pill beforehand. Had I known, I probably would have gone with 2. It seemed to help either way as I didn't feel full after eating a decent amount.

I mentioned it yesterday, but you do have to be a little careful when eating big meals after taking SSV2. You won't have that full, bloated feeling and sometimes that's your signal to stop eating. You have to pre-portion your food so you don't end up overdoing it just because you don't feel full. It's not really a problem, just something to watch out for.

Bathroom issues persist and what goes in is not coming back out in the same proportion. I have a feeling that one of these days I am going to suddenly be 5 lbs. lighter after a productive trip to the bathroom. I'm not completely stopped up, but things aren't flowing the way they normally would either.
1 cap for 100g carbs is fine. Remember some of the effects are cumulative. Also 2 caps is just under 300mg na r ala. The first dose will still play some effect on the second meal.

Do you feel more hungry or less full? What about weight gain / loss and body composition changes?

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
I always get hungry about 30 min after taking my meal with SSv2

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 18

August 14th:

2nd dose: 1 cap before post-workout meal (about an hour after) containing around 75g of carbs

I haven't made a habit out of taking SSV2 post workout, but this was awhile after my workout and was more of a big meal than normal. I was still pretty hungry after that meal but went to bed that way since i was on point with my calories/macros for the day.

Lets take a better look at the cumulative/ongoing effects of SSV2 up to this point:

- Don't get full when eating high-carb meals. Don't get tired afterwards either.
- I am more vascular both in and out of the gym.
- I am not losing weight, but I am not gaining weight either. It's odd, because I have had some weekends where my caloric intake was well above maintenance and I should have added weight but didn't.
- Instead of weight loss I am noticing some nice recomp results in the mirror. That's the best thing so far!

The only other supps I have taken during this log are an ArA stack (X-Gels, ALCAR, etc.) pwo and Cissus. I would love to run SSV2 again along with Decimate and possibly a stimmed fat burner like Fat Free. I think that stack would lead to some amazing results!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Dewey, I've been meaning to pick your brains in this and possibly convince you to make an experiment for the sake of SSv2 :). You do know that one of the many uses of GDAs is reaching Ketosis faster, would you fancy trying this for some 4-5 days low carbing and then proceeding to testing the Urine with Ketostyx for Ketones?

Just a suggestion, I have been curious as of the benefits of using SSv2 particularly for this purpose. :p!

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Dewey, I've been meaning to pick your brains in this and possibly convince you to make an experiment for the sake of SSv2 :). You do know that one of the many uses of GDAs is reaching Ketosis faster, would you fancy trying this for some 4-5 days low carbing and then proceeding to testing the Urine with Ketostyx for Ketones?

Just a suggestion, I have been curious as of the benefits of using SSv2 particularly for this purpose. :p!
Ill so it for my log, don't bug dewey! Haha usually takes me 3 days to hit ketosis naturally although lately iv been getting hypoglycemic so im willing to give it a shot once my bottle comes in

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Celorza I don't have any interest with a keto diet, but many do. This could prove useful in contest preps as well. It would be interesting to see results.

I would personally recommend still pre bed or meals with any carbs to avoid lethargy, if one could avoid lethargy on a low carb diet.... That is beyond me, and obviously to each his own!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza I don't have any interest with a keto diet, but many do. This could prove useful in contest preps as well. It would be interesting to see results.

I would personally recommend still pre bed or meals with any carbs to avoid lethargy, if one could avoid lethargy on a low carb diet.... That is beyond me, and obviously to each his own!
Yeah I personally see Keto as a contest preparation but showing that it is effective in a log could prove useful to attract more people seeing how more and more members are now competing :). I love SSv2 and v1 too hehe just thought it would be good for its market and consumer appeal :D!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

Celorza, I am usually up for being a guinea pig but I'm not sure this is the best time for me to make radical diet changes. I am having surgery in 12 days and want to err on the side of caution and get to a nice point of homeostasis. I do agree that this could be a good use for SSV2 and judging by the effects I have seen when I take it pre-bed on an empty stomach I think it would accelerate the Ketosis process.

I'm happy that Oogaly_boogal stepped up and offered to try this out. I'm interested to see how it goes as well.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza, I am usually up for being a guinea pig but I'm not sure this is the best time for me to make radical diet changes. I am having surgery in 12 days and want to err on the side of caution and get to a nice point of homeostasis. I do agree that this could be a good use for SSV2 and judging by the effects I have seen when I take it pre-bed on an empty stomach I think it would accelerate the Ketosis process.

I'm happy that Oogaly_boogal stepped up and offered to try this out. I'm interested to see how it goes as well.
Brother I am sorry for suggesting this and being inconsiderate about your surgery, I had no knowledge of this my friend. Good luck and God bless bro.

Now...oogaly stepping up will be a good opportunity for us to see this :D!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Brother I am sorry for suggesting this and being inconsiderate about your surgery, I had no knowledge of this my friend. Good luck and God bless bro.

Now...oogaly stepping up will be a good opportunity for us to see this :D!
No worries! Not your fault unless you tore my labrum when I wasn't looking....

InB4......LandonPrescott asks if he can take over my log (inside joke from Celorza's Prodigy log)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
No worries! Not your fault unless you tore my labrum when I wasn't looking....

InB4......LandonPrescott asks if he can take over my log (inside joke from Celorza's Prodigy log)
Hahaha because logs are just something one can acquire on red reputation and stealing it from someone's hard work and determination right?

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I tore my labrum years ago. Surgery is a breeze just take PT as serious as the plague. It works wonders, but at times seems ridiculous. Especially at first.

My doc told me I couldn't push or pull. I went to a sports med doc because I played rugby (that's how I injured it) he told me to squat and dead lift only (leg work outs) That's how I got my legs so strong. 18 months no benching or any upper body pulls in my case. I also had fraying in both rotator cuffs.

Make sure when you do bench again to bring your elbows into your body at the bottom. I was flaring them out and it made matters much worse.

Best wishes to you my friend, feel free to ask for help!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I personally see Keto as a contest preparation but showing that it is effective in a log could prove useful to attract more people seeing how more and more members are now competing :). I love SSv2 and v1 too hehe just thought it would be good for its market and consumer appeal :D!
We are completely in agreement. Some go into ketosis faster than others so a person who has done keto dieting and knows how fast they usually can get into ketosis is ideal (oogaly)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
We are completely in agreement. Some go into ketosis faster than others so a person who has done keto dieting and knows how fast they usually can get into ketosis is ideal (oogaly)
Subbd for Guinea Pig Results :D!