Slin Sane in the Membrane - Dewey99's Genomyx SSV2 Log

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
We are completely in agreement. Some go into ketosis faster than others so a person who has done keto dieting and knows how fast they usually can get into ketosis is ideal (oogaly)
Subbd for Guinea Pig Results :D!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Make sure to sub in Oogalys thread! But stay in this one. Your consistent factual posts backed up with scientific evidence is welcome here. Also I've seen examples... A debate and an argument are much different. A lot of useful info comes out from both sides in a good debate.

Arguments should get cast away to crybb. Com island...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I tore my labrum years ago. Surgery is a breeze just take PT as serious as the plague. It works wonders, but at times seems ridiculous. Especially at first.

My doc told me I couldn't push or pull. I went to a sports med doc because I played rugby (that's how I injured it) he told me to squat and dead lift only (leg work outs) That's how I got my legs so strong. 18 months no benching or any upper body pulls in my case. I also had fraying in both rotator cuffs.

Make sure when you do bench again to bring your elbows into your body at the bottom. I was flaring them out and it made matters much worse.

Best wishes to you my friend, feel free to ask for help!
Thanks Mike! I am pretty bummed about the surgery because I just came back from a long gym layoff due to several knee injuries/surgeries and was making some good progress. I planned on doing exactly what you mentioned by rehabbing hard but smart, hitting legs a lot and doing cardio to avoid backsliding too much.

I tore the labrum lifting and also have a hooked acromion (bone spur) which will be shaved down when they are in there. The MRI showed some rotator cuff fraying but the surgeon doesn't think it's terribly bad.

I will be staying active on the forums and may even run some rehab logs. I will definitely stay in touch with you though.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Also keep up with your diet. I really set myself back eating like ****.

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
That sucks Dewey but you've done it once you can do it again and be back stronger than ever. Like Mike said just keep your macros inline and you'll be straight

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
That sucks Dewey but you've done it once you can do it again and be back stronger than ever. Like Mike said just keep your macros inline and you'll be straight
No doubt. Obviously I am more worried about my diet as when I am buys or lifting all the time I don't eat just to eat as much. I am going to stay busy with legs and cardio though and try to stay on top of the diet. I was hoping to run some Decimate the month after but won't have any yet. I guess I will just use one of my bottles of DCP. I really appreciate the support from you guys.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
The log is looking great. Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. Keeping diet in check will help a ton.
It's great to see you enjoying the ssv2!!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 19

August 15th:

1st dose: 2 caps before eating 1,000,000 grams of carbs at pizza buffet during lunch.
2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed, about 90 minutes after last meal

I got invited to lunch by a co-worker and ended up at a pizza buffet. Luckily I found out where we were going ahead of time and took two SSV2's. I don't really eat sweets (candy, cake, ice cream and pastries don't do anything for me), I stopped drinking soda and I follow a pretty clean diet. Pizza is my ultimate weakness though. I love it and can't eat just a little bit of it. Me and the pizza buffet are not a good combo at all. I may be exaggerating about eating 1,000,000g of carbs, but it had to be over 200g. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.

This was the first big meal I have had since starting this log where I felt like crap afterwards. I don't think it was the carbs, but grease and just such a heavy meal. At least feeling like crap will keep me from doing it again soon.

I took the pre-bed dose since I kept my carbs low the rest of the day. I woke up a little drier, but not as dry as the other days. That could be due to the 5,000mgs of sodium that my lunch surely contained.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 20

August 16th:

1st dose: 2 caps before eating 124g carbs at around 6:00 PM
2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed 3.5 hours after eating

Another carb heavy meal after a rough day at work. Sad thing is I was supposed to go to the gym and felt mentally and physically exhausted so I went home. Macros were shot to hell after that meal. Oh well, it's just one day I guess. 2nd dose was pre-bed again and woke up dry and more vascular as has been the case other times I dosed at night.

Going out to dinner with some friends of ours tonight so I am going to have to look for a sensible option on the menu. I have been very careful about my macros this far today just to be safe. It's always much easier to add some in at the end of the day as opposed to realizing you hit your calories for the day by lunch!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What kinda pizza y'all boys eating....

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 21

August 17th:

1st dose: 2 caps before 124g of carbs with dinner

I only took SSV2 once of Friday because lunch was very light on carbs and I knew dinner was going to be much more heavy. Dinner was a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. I should have chosen a better side, but some fries sounded really good. The sandwich was pretty big and the portion of fries was large too. Even so, I was not full at all after the meal.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
sometimes you just wanna eat junk.. just can't make it every day.. I have managed to make my own pizza and gotten good at it where it's normal but yet still better for ya than other places!

Should be this:

But sometimes we want this:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Papa johns meat lovers with added chicken...
That is one of my top choices when I get pizza. :D

Dewey has been doing a great job logging and I know it isn't my log but I have been enjoying SSv2 myself. :cool:

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Dewey has been doing great, and thank you. It's good to hear your enjoying ssv2.

I love the garlic sauce with papa johns!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Dewey has been doing great, and thank you. It's good to hear your enjoying ssv2.

Great logger for sure.

Just for a Hawaiin chicken pizza & some cinna stix.

:FUfinger:

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

Great logger for sure.

Just for a Hawaiin chicken pizza & some cinna stix.

:FUfinger:
That is one of my top choices when I get pizza. :D

Dewey has been doing a great job logging and I know it isn't my log but I have been enjoying SSv2 myself. :cool:
Thanks for the kind words guys. For some reason I am really craving more pizza tonight....

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 22

August 18th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 55g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 71g of carbs

I worked out first thing in the morning and ate pretty well throughout the day. I needed to get back on track after some rough cheat meals this week. I felt great after both meals and pretty much felt great all day.

I stopped my ArA supplement that I was taking pwo a few days back and now I see that SSV2 is giving me nice pumps in the gym even though I am not taking it pwo. It helps that I have been more vascular in general since I started taking SSV2. I think I may try it pwo with carbs at least once before I finish the log. I definitely think that the best use is before high carb meals, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other good uses out there too. Part of running a sponsored log should be to try and cover as many scenarios as you can so people can figure out all the uses of a product as well as what doesn't really work.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
You are right, it's so great trying things new ways and see what works. Not everyone is the same and things don't work the same for some as they do for others.
I never notice me being vascular or having a lot of intense pumps but maybe because I am a chick and I don't notice those things..
but I notice other things instead!
Awesome log thanks Dewey!

Day 22

August 18th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 55g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 71g of carbs

I worked out first thing in the morning and ate pretty well throughout the day. I needed to get back on track after some rough cheat meals this week. I felt great after both meals and pretty much felt great all day.

I stopped my ArA supplement that I was taking pwo a few days back and now I see that SSV2 is giving me nice pumps in the gym even though I am not taking it pwo. It helps that I have been more vascular in general since I started taking SSV2. I think I may try it pwo with carbs at least once before I finish the log. I definitely think that the best use is before high carb meals, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other good uses out there too. Part of running a sponsored log should be to try and cover as many scenarios as you can so people can figure out all the uses of a product as well as what doesn't really work.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 23

August 19th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 81g of carbs
2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 37g of carbs

Lunch was whole grain pasta with chicken and a spicy tomato sauce. SSV2 worked here and I was not even close to full. Luckily my girlfriend pre-portioned it out and it wasn't family style. Dinner was grilled salmon with broccoli an a small salad. Yesterday was a better example of how I should be eating. Glad to be getting the diet back on track!

I can see the bottom of my SSV2 bottle so I know this fun ride is coming to an end soon. Never fear as I am about to reload. Found a very nice deal on a Genomyx stack that includes SSV2, Decimate and the new Protocol. I had been holding out hope that Smitty or Armando would send me some Decimate to log but realized I was getting greedy and should just buy some.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Haha. I also need to re stock on my SS. I have been eating 300g carbs on work out days and stay lean, dry, and not bloated. It's great.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 24

August 20th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 38g of carbs.
2nd dose: NONE - and this is when I really needed it!

Yesterday started innocently enough with my usual early protein and healthy lunch. I had to leave work early to go to my pre-op appointment in Stockton (maybe you have heard of it - it was the biggest US city to ever file for bankruptcy after all!). Pre-op appointment went smoothly and then had to go get fitted for a sling. That went OK too but unfortunately the place they sent me happened to be next to this Mexican restaurant that we used to frequent for the best Super Nachos around. We are talking a heaping plate of chips, beans, cheese, sour cream, guacamole and this amazing Chile Colorado that they put on top. This is where things went sideways....

The girlfriend really wanted the nachos and we were right there so we decided to splurge. Well, since this was an unplanned stop I did not have any SSV2 to take before the meal (I left it in my other purse....). No nutritional info on the menu but I am going to guess that I took in 140-170 grams of carbs at dinner. I noticed the difference without SSV2 within about 45 minutes as I felt really full and super lethargic. I was lazy the rest of the night as I think all me energy was being used for digestion. The other high carb meals I have had while logging the Slin Sane have felt completely different. I wish I could have had some with me, but we often don't appreciate supps like this until we don't have them!

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Awww Dewey you need to have a cap of SSv2 somewhere near just like a condom in the wallet. You just never know when it'll happen ;)

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Awww Dewey you need to have a cap of SSv2 somewhere near just like a condom in the wallet. You just never know when it'll happen ;)
Ha! Nice one. Maybe Armando can send me a Genomyx fanny pack and I can just keep a whole bottle of SSV2 in there!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 25

August 21st:

1st dose: 1 cap with 43g carbs at lunch
2nd dose: 1 cap with 59g carbs at dinner

No more nachos for me. A boring day of good eating which isn't very fun! At least I had my SSV2 with me this time. I had planned on trying the pwo dose of SSV2 with carbs, but something came up and I wasn't able to get to the gym after work. Check back tomorrow to see what happens when you do use it pwo though...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 26

August 22nd:

1st dose: 1 cap with 38g of carbs at lunch
2nd dose: 1 cap with 40g of carbs 30 minutes before working out

The first dose was my normal pre-lunch dose with my innocuous tuna sandwich and Greek yogurt.

I decided to try the pwo dose now that I am almost of of SSV2 and haven't been taking any other supplements. I figure this was the best time to see if SSV2 made a difference in the gym. I took one cap around 5:40 PM. At 6:00 I had a RTD shake that my buddy Trae sent me, which had 35g of carbs (9g sugar/5g fiber if you are interested). I was thinking 35g might be on the low side so I had a few pretzels to bring it to 40g of carbs.

I got to the gym at 6:25 and started with a back/bi's workout after some warmups. My forearms were painfully pumped by my third set up upright rows! It was seriously an amazing pump last night. I kept looking in the mirror because I could not believe just how vascular I was. At a softish 234 lbs., I am not the most vascular guy normally. I mean sure, I get the big veins that pop out but last night was so much different. Better pumps than I get from 2 scoops of Hemavol and that says a lot. I could see the allure in using SSV2 with carbs pwo or anytime you want to show off a little.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Day 27

August 23rd

1st dose: 1 cap with 47g of carbs at lunch
2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed about 1.5 hours after eating a Quest Bar

Yesterday was a pretty normal and boring day. Now that I have used enough SSV2 to see how much it helps when I eat high carb meals, I almost want to save the last pills I have left just for those times I splurge. I feel bad "wasting" pills with 30-50g of carbs! Either way, I get the longer term benefits from SSV2 even if I don't take it with high carbs. My log is just about over but thankfully I have some more SSV2 for later.

The pre-bed dose left me dried out and more vascular as usual. No extra trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night or anything.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Sorry I haven't finished off this log. I finished my last SSV2 on Friday and have been busy getting things ready for my shoulder surgery Tuesday morning. I will unfortunately have lots of extra downtime to be on the forums so I will finish the log and a final review in the next couple days.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
Sorry I haven't finished off this log. I finished my last SSV2 on Friday and have been busy getting things ready for my shoulder surgery Tuesday morning. I will unfortunately have lots of extra downtime to be on the forums so I will finish the log and a final review in the next couple days.
No worries, just take it easy and get well! Thanks for logging SSv2!

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Hope the surgery goes well Dewey! God knows ill need one in a few years haha.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Good luck in surgery bud! I hade the same one. You'll bounce back in no time stronger than ever!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Haha. I also need to re stock on my SS. I have been eating 300g carbs on work out days and stay lean, dry, and not bloated. It's great.
Lucky you!

& Dew, how surgery go?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I'm hanging in there. Before the surgery yesterday, the surgeon said he would hopefully be able to do the surgery through two incisions. After the surgery he said that there was more damage than originally expected and that the surgery was more invasive and extensive than he hoped.

My girlfriend was changing out the gauze today and noticed that I had four incisions! Guess it really was worse than expected.... feelsbadman.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm hanging in there. Before the surgery yesterday, the surgeon said he would hopefully be able to do the surgery through two incisions. After the surgery he said that there was more damage than originally expected and that the surgery was more invasive and extensive than he hoped.

My girlfriend was changing out the gauze today and noticed that I had four incisions! Guess it really was worse than expected.... feelsbadman.
How u mess it up?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
How u mess it up?
Lifting. I had been out if the gym for a couple years after a serious knee injury and got up to 300 lbs. at the beginning of the year. I had enough and jumped back in. I went too fast based on what I used to do. Tore up my shoulder doing overhead presses.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Slin Sane V2 - Final Review:

Before I jump in, I would like to thank Smitty and Vicesolider from Genomyx for sending me this bottle of SSV2 to log.

I used one bottle of SSV2 over the course of a month and have to say that it is one of the most unique supplements that I have ever used. While most supplements are really geared towards use on a cut or a bulk, SSV2 could easily be used in either scenario. Let me review the benefits so you can see why:

Noticeable Benefits:

- No fatigue or carb crash when taking SSV2 before high-carb meals
- No bogged down or full feeling even after big meals
- Increased vascularity from Day 3 or 4
- Greatly increased pumps in the gym (insane when taking SSV2 pwo with carbs)
- Overnight drying effect when take before bed
- Improved body composition

Sides:

- Some early bathroom issues (less regular than usual) but those went away
- Never really got full when eating so you need to be careful not to overeat

As you can see above, the benefits far outweigh any negatives or sides. I tried SSV2 in almost every situation imaginable. I took it before low carb meals (30-40 grams), high carb meals (80-100 grams), 2 caps before really high-carb meals (120+ grams), pre-bed on an empty stomach and even pwo when fasting in the AM.

SSV2 really shines when taken before high carb meals. I ate a bunch of really high carb meals while using SSV2 and never felt tired or full after those meals. I also didn't seem to gain weight when I ate poorly which was really nice. I'm not suggesting that SSV2 should be used in place of a solid diet, but it's nice to know that that you can have some help when you do mess up. I also thought SSV2 was amazing when I took it pre-workout with 40 grams of carbs. I had insane pumps that day, even better than I get with 2 scoops of Hemavol (that says a lot).

SSV2 also had positive effects on body composition for me. I didn't really lose weight during the month, but I got more vascular and defined. I really wish I would have taken pictures but I really didn't expect noticeable body comp effects to be honest. I could definitely see the difference in the mirror though.

The bottom line is that I love SSV2 and what it does for me. I have already ordered more bottles and can see it being a staple in my supplement stash from now on. Try a bottle and you will be happy that you did!

Thanks again to Genomyx for giving me the chance to try the new Slin Sane and to all of the people that followed this log and offered their support and advice!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear the surgery was more intensive than planned. Same thing happened to me and was not much fun.

Awesome review though! I just finished up my bottle of SS and agree it is a great product. :thumbsup:

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Sweet final review Dewey and no we thank you for putting SSv2 to the test.

Without a doubt SlinSaneV2 is not just a GDA but has many health benefits

Again thank you :)

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
WTG, thanks Dewey!!!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!