Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Day 15

August 11th:

1st does: 2 caps about 20 minutes before embarking on a 2-4 hour eating extravaganza.

I do not follow an IF diet, but I almost did yesterday. I worked out first thing in the morning and had a shake when I got home. I didn't eat again until around 1:00 PM when the BBQ at my house started. I did eat off and on until about 4:00 PM though and then all I had the rest of the day was a Quest Bar. I ate chips, a hot link, a cheeseburger, baked beans and some deviled eggs. Luckily it was 106 degrees outside and that helped kill my appetite. I overdid it on food but did not have anything other than water to drink and did not partake in dessert.

I felt pretty decent all in all after pigging out. I am heavier on the scale this morning, but that's likely due to the 5,000 mg's of sodium I had yesterday. I would expect my weight to normalize over the next day or so.

Bathroom issues still persist. Things are still flowing, just not smoothly. Water intake seems solid but I will keep an eye on it.

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Still talkin' shyt I see huh?

At least you are seeing effects from some high carb meals, thats a +.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 16

August 12th:

1st dose: 2 caps before late lunch containing 118g of carbs

I worked out in the morning and kind of grazed throughout the morning. I ate my big meal for the day (spicy shrimp pasta) a little after 2:00 PM. My girlfriend and I both ate too much, but I felt fine afterwards. She kept complaining about how stuffed she was for hours while I was perusing the pantry for a snack. SSV2 really pays off for these really high carb meals. I guess the only downside to not feeling like crap after eating that many carbs is that you have to fight the urge to keep eating.

Status Quo in the bathroom and I will leave it at that. Mostly for Aaron as he doesn't like it when I talk $hit.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Even though it may not be dinner table worthy conversation. You should report any negatives and positives so that others using your log for research will have all the information possible.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 17

August 13th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 38g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 94g of carbs

I didn't realize I was going to eat as much at dinner as I did, so I only took 1 pill beforehand. Had I known, I probably would have gone with 2. It seemed to help either way as I didn't feel full after eating a decent amount.

I mentioned it yesterday, but you do have to be a little careful when eating big meals after taking SSV2. You won't have that full, bloated feeling and sometimes that's your signal to stop eating. You have to pre-portion your food so you don't end up overdoing it just because you don't feel full. It's not really a problem, just something to watch out for.

Bathroom issues persist and what goes in is not coming back out in the same proportion. I have a feeling that one of these days I am going to suddenly be 5 lbs. lighter after a productive trip to the bathroom. I'm not completely stopped up, but things aren't flowing the way they normally would either.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Day 17

August 13th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 38g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner containing 94g of carbs

I didn't realize I was going to eat as much at dinner as I did, so I only took 1 pill beforehand. Had I known, I probably would have gone with 2. It seemed to help either way as I didn't feel full after eating a decent amount.

I mentioned it yesterday, but you do have to be a little careful when eating big meals after taking SSV2. You won't have that full, bloated feeling and sometimes that's your signal to stop eating. You have to pre-portion your food so you don't end up overdoing it just because you don't feel full. It's not really a problem, just something to watch out for.

Bathroom issues persist and what goes in is not coming back out in the same proportion. I have a feeling that one of these days I am going to suddenly be 5 lbs. lighter after a productive trip to the bathroom. I'm not completely stopped up, but things aren't flowing the way they normally would either.
    1 cap for 100g carbs is fine. Remember some of the effects are cumulative. Also 2 caps is just under 300mg na r ala. The first dose will still play some effect on the second meal.

Do you feel more hungry or less full? What about weight gain / loss and body composition changes?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.88%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I always get hungry about 30 min after taking my meal with SSv2
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 18

August 14th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch containing 46g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before post-workout meal (about an hour after) containing around 75g of carbs

I haven't made a habit out of taking SSV2 post workout, but this was awhile after my workout and was more of a big meal than normal. I was still pretty hungry after that meal but went to bed that way since i was on point with my calories/macros for the day.

Lets take a better look at the cumulative/ongoing effects of SSV2 up to this point:

- Don't get full when eating high-carb meals. Don't get tired afterwards either.
    - I am more vascular both in and out of the gym.
    - I am not losing weight, but I am not gaining weight either. It's odd, because I have had some weekends where my caloric intake was well above maintenance and I should have added weight but didn't.
    - Instead of weight loss I am noticing some nice recomp results in the mirror. That's the best thing so far!

The only other supps I have taken during this log are an ArA stack (X-Gels, ALCAR, etc.) pwo and Cissus. I would love to run SSV2 again along with Decimate and possibly a stimmed fat burner like Fat Free. I think that stack would lead to some amazing results!
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Dewey, I've been meaning to pick your brains in this and possibly convince you to make an experiment for the sake of SSv2 . You do know that one of the many uses of GDAs is reaching Ketosis faster, would you fancy trying this for some 4-5 days low carbing and then proceeding to testing the Urine with Ketostyx for Ketones?

Just a suggestion, I have been curious as of the benefits of using SSv2 particularly for this purpose. !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Dewey, I've been meaning to pick your brains in this and possibly convince you to make an experiment for the sake of SSv2 . You do know that one of the many uses of GDAs is reaching Ketosis faster, would you fancy trying this for some 4-5 days low carbing and then proceeding to testing the Urine with Ketostyx for Ketones?

Just a suggestion, I have been curious as of the benefits of using SSv2 particularly for this purpose. !
    Ill so it for my log, don't bug dewey! Haha usually takes me 3 days to hit ketosis naturally although lately iv been getting hypoglycemic so im willing to give it a shot once my bottle comes in
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Celorza I don't have any interest with a keto diet, but many do. This could prove useful in contest preps as well. It would be interesting to see results.

I would personally recommend still pre bed or meals with any carbs to avoid lethargy, if one could avoid lethargy on a low carb diet.... That is beyond me, and obviously to each his own!
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MM11
    Celorza I don't have any interest with a keto diet, but many do. This could prove useful in contest preps as well. It would be interesting to see results.

I would personally recommend still pre bed or meals with any carbs to avoid lethargy, if one could avoid lethargy on a low carb diet.... That is beyond me, and obviously to each his own!
    Yeah I personally see Keto as a contest preparation but showing that it is effective in a log could prove useful to attract more people seeing how more and more members are now competing . I love SSv2 and v1 too hehe just thought it would be good for its market and consumer appeal !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

Celorza, I am usually up for being a guinea pig but I'm not sure this is the best time for me to make radical diet changes. I am having surgery in 12 days and want to err on the side of caution and get to a nice point of homeostasis. I do agree that this could be a good use for SSV2 and judging by the effects I have seen when I take it pre-bed on an empty stomach I think it would accelerate the Ketosis process.

I'm happy that Oogaly_boogal stepped up and offered to try this out. I'm interested to see how it goes as well.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

Celorza, I am usually up for being a guinea pig but I'm not sure this is the best time for me to make radical diet changes. I am having surgery in 12 days and want to err on the side of caution and get to a nice point of homeostasis. I do agree that this could be a good use for SSV2 and judging by the effects I have seen when I take it pre-bed on an empty stomach I think it would accelerate the Ketosis process.

I'm happy that Oogaly_boogal stepped up and offered to try this out. I'm interested to see how it goes as well.
    Brother I am sorry for suggesting this and being inconsiderate about your surgery, I had no knowledge of this my friend. Good luck and God bless bro.

Now...oogaly stepping up will be a good opportunity for us to see this !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Brother I am sorry for suggesting this and being inconsiderate about your surgery, I had no knowledge of this my friend. Good luck and God bless bro.

Now...oogaly stepping up will be a good opportunity for us to see this !
    No worries! Not your fault unless you tore my labrum when I wasn't looking....

InB4......LandonPrescott asks if he can take over my log (inside joke from Celorza's Prodigy log)
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%

No worries! Not your fault unless you tore my labrum when I wasn't looking....

InB4......LandonPrescott asks if he can take over my log (inside joke from Celorza's Prodigy log)
    Hahaha because logs are just something one can acquire on red reputation and stealing it from someone's hard work and determination right?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

I tore my labrum years ago. Surgery is a breeze just take PT as serious as the plague. It works wonders, but at times seems ridiculous. Especially at first.

My doc told me I couldn't push or pull. I went to a sports med doc because I played rugby (that's how I injured it) he told me to squat and dead lift only (leg work outs) That's how I got my legs so strong. 18 months no benching or any upper body pulls in my case. I also had fraying in both rotator cuffs.

Make sure when you do bench again to bring your elbows into your body at the bottom. I was flaring them out and it made matters much worse.

Best wishes to you my friend, feel free to ask for help!
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Yeah I personally see Keto as a contest preparation but showing that it is effective in a log could prove useful to attract more people seeing how more and more members are now competing . I love SSv2 and v1 too hehe just thought it would be good for its market and consumer appeal !
    We are completely in agreement. Some go into ketosis faster than others so a person who has done keto dieting and knows how fast they usually can get into ketosis is ideal (oogaly)
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    We are completely in agreement. Some go into ketosis faster than others so a person who has done keto dieting and knows how fast they usually can get into ketosis is ideal (oogaly)
    Subbd for Guinea Pig Results !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.7%

Subbd for Guinea Pig Results !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Make sure to sub in Oogalys thread! But stay in this one. Your consistent factual posts backed up with scientific evidence is welcome here. Also I've seen examples... A debate and an argument are much different. A lot of useful info comes out from both sides in a good debate.

Arguments should get cast away to crybb. Com island...
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

I tore my labrum years ago. Surgery is a breeze just take PT as serious as the plague. It works wonders, but at times seems ridiculous. Especially at first.

My doc told me I couldn't push or pull. I went to a sports med doc because I played rugby (that's how I injured it) he told me to squat and dead lift only (leg work outs) That's how I got my legs so strong. 18 months no benching or any upper body pulls in my case. I also had fraying in both rotator cuffs.

Make sure when you do bench again to bring your elbows into your body at the bottom. I was flaring them out and it made matters much worse.

Best wishes to you my friend, feel free to ask for help!
    Thanks Mike! I am pretty bummed about the surgery because I just came back from a long gym layoff due to several knee injuries/surgeries and was making some good progress. I planned on doing exactly what you mentioned by rehabbing hard but smart, hitting legs a lot and doing cardio to avoid backsliding too much.

I tore the labrum lifting and also have a hooked acromion (bone spur) which will be shaved down when they are in there. The MRI showed some rotator cuff fraying but the surgeon doesn't think it's terribly bad.

I will be staying active on the forums and may even run some rehab logs. I will definitely stay in touch with you though.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Also keep up with your diet. I really set myself back eating like ****.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.88%
    Achievements Activity Pro

That sucks Dewey but you've done it once you can do it again and be back stronger than ever. Like Mike said just keep your macros inline and you'll be straight
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Quote Originally Posted by vicesoldier View Post
    That sucks Dewey but you've done it once you can do it again and be back stronger than ever. Like Mike said just keep your macros inline and you'll be straight
    No doubt. Obviously I am more worried about my diet as when I am buys or lifting all the time I don't eat just to eat as much. I am going to stay busy with legs and cardio though and try to stay on top of the diet. I was hoping to run some Decimate the month after but won't have any yet. I guess I will just use one of my bottles of DCP. I really appreciate the support from you guys.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.82%

The log is looking great. Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery. Keeping diet in check will help a ton.
    It's great to see you enjoying the ssv2!!
    Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 19

August 15th:

1st dose: 2 caps before eating 1,000,000 grams of carbs at pizza buffet during lunch.
    2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed, about 90 minutes after last meal

I got invited to lunch by a co-worker and ended up at a pizza buffet. Luckily I found out where we were going ahead of time and took two SSV2's. I don't really eat sweets (candy, cake, ice cream and pastries don't do anything for me), I stopped drinking soda and I follow a pretty clean diet. Pizza is my ultimate weakness though. I love it and can't eat just a little bit of it. Me and the pizza buffet are not a good combo at all. I may be exaggerating about eating 1,000,000g of carbs, but it had to be over 200g. I'm not proud of it, but it is what it is.

This was the first big meal I have had since starting this log where I felt like crap afterwards. I don't think it was the carbs, but grease and just such a heavy meal. At least feeling like crap will keep me from doing it again soon.

I took the pre-bed dose since I kept my carbs low the rest of the day. I woke up a little drier, but not as dry as the other days. That could be due to the 5,000mgs of sodium that my lunch surely contained.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 20

August 16th:

1st dose: 2 caps before eating 124g carbs at around 6:00 PM
    2nd dose: 1 cap pre-bed 3.5 hours after eating

Another carb heavy meal after a rough day at work. Sad thing is I was supposed to go to the gym and felt mentally and physically exhausted so I went home. Macros were shot to hell after that meal. Oh well, it's just one day I guess. 2nd dose was pre-bed again and woke up dry and more vascular as has been the case other times I dosed at night.

Going out to dinner with some friends of ours tonight so I am going to have to look for a sensible option on the menu. I have been very careful about my macros this far today just to be safe. It's always much easier to add some in at the end of the day as opposed to realizing you hit your calories for the day by lunch!
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

I hear ya on the pizza weakness.
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

What kinda pizza y'all boys eating....
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Should be this:

But sometimes we want this:

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 21

August 17th:

1st dose: 2 caps before 124g of carbs with dinner

I only took SSV2 once of Friday because lunch was very light on carbs and I knew dinner was going to be much more heavy. Dinner was a grilled chicken sandwich and fries. I should have chosen a better side, but some fries sounded really good. The sandwich was pretty big and the portion of fries was large too. Even so, I was not full at all after the meal.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Papa johns meat lovers with added chicken...
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%

Should be this:

Eating like men.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.82%

sometimes you just wanna eat junk.. just can't make it every day.. I have managed to make my own pizza and gotten good at it where it's normal but yet still better for ya than other places!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Should be this:

Sarah
    Starting weight- 4/06- 245 LBS after birth of 2nd child
    Now 151 22.9% BF
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.1%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

That is one of my top choices when I get pizza.

Dewey has been doing a great job logging and I know it isn't my log but I have been enjoying SSv2 myself.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.38%

Dewey has been doing great, and thank you. It's good to hear your enjoying ssv2.

I love the garlic sauce with papa johns!
  38. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%

Dewey has been doing great, and thank you. It's good to hear your enjoying ssv2.

Great logger for sure.

Just for a Hawaiin chicken pizza & some cinna stix.

ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Great logger for sure.

Just for a Hawaiin chicken pizza & some cinna stix.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    That is one of my top choices when I get pizza.

Dewey has been doing a great job logging and I know it isn't my log but I have been enjoying SSv2 myself.
    Thanks for the kind words guys. For some reason I am really craving more pizza tonight....
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.79%

Day 22

August 18th:

1st dose: 1 cap before lunch with 55g of carbs
    2nd dose: 1 cap before dinner with 71g of carbs

I worked out first thing in the morning and ate pretty well throughout the day. I needed to get back on track after some rough cheat meals this week. I felt great after both meals and pretty much felt great all day.

I stopped my ArA supplement that I was taking pwo a few days back and now I see that SSV2 is giving me nice pumps in the gym even though I am not taking it pwo. It helps that I have been more vascular in general since I started taking SSV2. I think I may try it pwo with carbs at least once before I finish the log. I definitely think that the best use is before high carb meals, but that doesn't mean that there aren't other good uses out there too. Part of running a sponsored log should be to try and cover as many scenarios as you can so people can figure out all the uses of a product as well as what doesn't really work.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keeping my head in the game.. with FOCUS XT (sponsored log)
    By StangBanger in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 02:23 AM
  2. 5 weeks in the Jungle!! - Luke's Jungle Warfare Log
    By luke1984 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:13 AM
  3. Review my slin diet? In the making..
    By NPCout in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 03:56 PM
  4. Rupture in the Space Time Dimensional Membrane