Farmtireguy stacks it again with athletix (Form-x, licogenix, divsion 1) sponsered

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Here we are once again a little further down my path to the Show-me state games. This time with a little help from JD and athletix. Which I give a big thanks for the opportunity. So.... A little background about me.
Height 5' 7"
Weight 181 lb
Body fat approx 23 %
I will update measurements Sunday night ( arms and such)
Maxes (using rep formulae)
Bench 235 lb.
Squat 240 lb.
Dead lift 340 lb.
Overhead press 130 lb.
I'm turning forty this year ;-). This past winter I decided to really set a goal for the time I was spending in the gym. So came the bright idea of signing up for power lifting in the show-me state games.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok tonight's workout. I follow Jim wendler's 531 but tend to go a little crazy on assistance work lol

Dead lift
5x225
1x315
1x335
1x335
1x315
Barbell rows
15x40
15x60
12x70
11x80
6x90
Snatch grip rack pulls
10x135
6x225
5x275
5x275
Db shrugs
25x55
15x70
12x75
Pretty decent work out. My deads goes to show that my grip work has really helped. Not too long ago I could not pull 315 with out straps ;-).
Now for the stack
Form-x
Pink lemonade is the flavor perfect for a DAA sup. mixed pretty well but does have some granules left over.
Dosing 1 scoop in the am.
This morning I had an idea which is to mix it with iced tea to make a lemon tea. I will report on this as I drink a large amount of tea.
Division 1 dosing 1 cap 2 times a day. Only 2 days in I have notice much yet.
Licogenix dosing 2 cap am 2 caps pm.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would dose the Division 1 at 4 caps a day 2/1/1

Let us know how the iced tea mixed with it tastes, I be tthat would be prett yummy.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodnight brother that's some good volume you got going!!! I'm in dis ride!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Well day 4.
First iced tea+form-x = tasty :).
Unfortunately didn't make the gym tonight. I had to work late. :-/ so I decided to do some core work at home. My boys thought it would be a good idea to use daddy as a bench while I was doing planks. It was too bad with just my oldest but when little brother joined in.... Planking with 90lbs. On your back really will test you. About 15 secs was my limit there. I did switch the dosing on division 1 2 in the am and 2 around workout.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Damn you must spread some reputation before giving to luke bla blah blah

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never even thought of weighted planking before, I gotta try that someday.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never even thought of weighted planking before, I gotta try that someday.
Been around for a long time. Started over in England. It was called "wanking" and those that did it were called "wankers" but now it is a derogatory term.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been around for a long time. Started over in England. It was called "wanking" and those that did it were called "wankers" but now it is a derogatory term.
Wankers lol

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Wow the thing you learn on here.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have to apologize this has sucked workout wise. Crazy week at work.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Lol

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Here a little double workout update
Saturday
Bench
5x135
3x175
3x1x175
1x180
1x185
Kroc row
12x55
10x55
10x55
Incline bench Db
15x30
12x35
6x40
Pec deck
3x10x90
This workout not so great. Thursday and friday I had to run a service truck at work. Of course two of the hottest days this summer so far. It took a lot out of me. On a positive note my recovery has seemed to increased.
Tonight's workout
Press
5x90
3x100
6X110
Dips body weight
1x10
1x10 PR for second set
1x6
1x5
Hammer ISo shoulder press
15x15
15x20
15x25
12x30
9x35
Ab wheel/ hypers body weight
10/10
10/10
10/10x8lb
I felt much better tonight. Almost put up 7 on the presses which would have been a PR. Just couldn't quite get past half way. I have noticed I'm feeling fuller and leaner.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome update! Congrats on the PR for second set of dips, I'm sure you will get a PR next week on presses.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Awesome update! Congrats on the PR for second set of dips, I'm sure you will get a PR next week on presses.
Prolly not next week is deload week but thanks. ;-) as of last Saturday I'm 2 weeks out of my first competition. We'll see how it goes.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice update bro nothing like a PR! You will keep getting them with all the hard work.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Alright update coming later

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
So last week sucked for gym time. ;-/ I think it will be ok though my comp is this Saturday.
Now lets talk about mon gym issues.
Libido is up. Morning wood making regular appearances ;-).
Aggression is up. I got really territorial with one of my salesmen trying to rearrange work in my shop :nono:
I have noticed a small amount of acne on my shoulders. That tells me something is working.
Weight is down slightly. Which is ok with me because I want to keep in the 181weight class. With that said here's tonight's workout
Press deload
5x50
5x60
5x70
Dips body weight
1x10
1x10
1x10
1x7
Hammer ISo shoulder press
5x15x15
Face pull
5x15x40
Ab wheel/ hypers body weight
10/ 10
10/ 10
10/ 10
Not a bad workout for a deload. My body seemed light doing the dips.
This is my first powerlifting meet coming up (bench/dead). Any hints tips out there?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout!

You should check out HP's Athletix log, he has done a lot of powerlifting meets, might be able to give you some good advice.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Jd :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah good log and wicked update brother you will get the gym time in just stick with it.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok will have workout update later but just had to say with a 505 total I grabbed the bronze :)

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Ok heres last weeks workouts
Squat deload
5x95
5x115
5x135
3x225
Leg press
15x90
15x180
12x270
6x360
Good mornings
15x40
15x60
10x80
15x100
Farmer walks
2x180' x60
1x180' x70
Seated calf raises
3x15x45
I know this was just supposed to deload week coming up to the competition but it just felt really good to push the weights around. recovery has been awesome. I was afraid my legs would be sore seeing as 225 is the upper range of my squats and 360 on leg press is the same.( 360 is the weight of the plates alone not including the sled ). But by thursday the soreness almost entirely non existent.
Now Thursday's
Mess around
Chest supported rows
3x12x25
Pinwheel curls
1x12x10
1x10x15
1x10x20
Over head tri ext
3x12x35
This was a just plain mess around day I didn't want to really hit anything hard with my comp on Saturday

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Here's Tuesday workout
Press
5x80
5x90
8x105
Dips body weight
1x15
1x11
1x7
1x7
Shoulder press mech
1x15x30
1x15x40
1x10x45
1x9x50
1x6x55
Iso lateral mech
15x5
12x10
8x15
Free motion Ab
12x20
20x40
10x60
Pretty decent workout. Weights felt light and moved easily. I'm feeling a definite test boost. Morning wood is prevalent even have woken in the middle of the night with some. Aggression is still kicking.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job man! Lifts looked awesome, keep up the good work!

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Now tonight's workout.
Dead lift
5x190
5x220
6X250
snatch grip rack pull
10x135
10x185
10x205
10x225
10x245
Front squat
8x45
8x65
8x95
It was really a weird night gym wise. My gym originally had 2 locations. They have decided to close one location so tonight they were consolidating the equipment from both gyms. Needless to say it was pretty crazy. The one bonus though is I now don't have to drive all the way across town to use the power rack. :happydance:
Good workout first time doing front squats. Definitely a different animal compared to back squats but felt pretty good.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate front squats lol, the form is so hard to get down, def a great exercise to add into legs tho.