Rahl and Athletix FormulaX and Licogenix Log

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to Athletix Sports for the opportunity to log a stack of Formula X and Licogenix.

I've never run either of these products so this should be interesting for sure. I've run DAA in the past and always enjoyed it and I do normally like to run it with an AI so this is a good opportunity to try FormX and Licogenix!

Some starting stats.

Starting weight: 186lbs
BF: 12% ish

I just finished up 4 weeks of testapro and shift. I'll run this for 4 weeks and then take a little break. Other supps will be Ancient Strength Creatine, whey, a multi and some joint support as usual. I'll be looking to continue to recomp. I didn't really cut this summer as I wanted to hold a little more size but I'd like to lean out a bit at this weight or close to it. Training will be my usual 3 days of lifting with sporadic cardio. My diet consists of about 3,600 cals and I eat 6-8 meals throughout the day. One of these days I may try intermittent fasting but not this run.

I'm going to start off dosing the FormulaX during my workout on training days since I normally drink BCAA's then anyway. For the Licogenix I plan to follow the recommended 2 caps with breakfast and 2 with dinner.

I'll be starting tomorrow. I'll try to get a before pic up here shortly not that I'm expecting drastic changes but I'll post the obligatory pics anyway. :)

Cheers!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed:D

Very wicked looking stack.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Welcome guys! Thanks for joining.

Ok so day one weight was actually down a bit at 184. I didn't eat very well Sunday.

Took my first dose of licogenix this morning and my first formulas with my workout tonight. Used N2KTS for my Preworkout. I had been using ignite2.0 but it's also a DAA product so I dropped it.

FormX first impression. That **** is tart! But good. I'll enjoy it during my workouts I think.
Mixed pretty well but needed an additional shake here and there to keep the BCAA's mixed.

Chest and tris tonight:

10 min adjustable runner warmup.

Flat Bb bench: 135x15,185x10,225x7,245x5,185x12
Incline DB fly: 55x11,55x10,55x10
Decline BB bench: 225x7,185x10,185x7
I dropped down here because my partner couldn't get 1 at 225 and I didn't want to swap every set tonight. Worked out for a good pump at 185 anyway.
Vbar tri press: 150x15,150x8,150x7
Dip machine:230x9,230x6,210x8
Hanging windshield washers: 6,8

My strength was off tonight for some reason. Admittedly I had a pretty off weekend and partied a bit. woke up with a sore shoulder and my recently broken wrist aching but by the time I hit the gym neither was really bothering me. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bench numbers are looking good!

Looking pretty lean still at 3600 cals a day, wish I could do that lol

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Bench numbers are looking good!

Looking pretty lean still at 3600 cals a day, wish I could do that lol
Thanks man. They were down from last week so that's a disappointment but I'll get them back up. Yeah my metabolism rocks. Lol I eat like a horse but I keep it clean. I'd like to be leaner but I'm unwilling to sacrifice the size this year. Lol

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
Sub'd good luck!

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to hear more about Lico. Gonna use that in about 6 weeks, bought it cheap a couple weeks back. You'll like Formula-X!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little late with Tuesday's update but here it is.

10 min adjustable runner warmup
Pullups Wide: bwx12,8,4,4
Low Cable Row: 135x12,135x10,135x9
Incline DB Curl: 35x13,35x11,35x10
Single Cable Pulldowns: 57.5x15,62.5x12,62.5x10
Hammer Curls:45x8,45x7,45x5
BB Shrug: 225x8,225x9,225x10 Had a hell of a time keeping my grip on these. Never really do BB shrugs but since I haven't been able to deadlift due to my wrist injury I figured I'd give them a go. I'll need to keep working on these.
Camber Bar Curls:90x6,80x10,80x9
Face Pulls:37.5x35,37.5x25,37.5x20
Hanging windshield washers: 10
Bench Knee raise:30x30x25
Machine Row: 130x12,130x10,130x11

Wrist was feeling quite a bit better so the curls were much smoother. I think I'll give it another 3-4 weeks before I try any heavy pulls though so I don't set it back again.

My diet was pretty good for the holiday yesterday. Had eggs and toast for breakfast with too much coffee. Did a shrimp boil with some friends for lunch and chicken also. More chicken for dinner but I drank way too many "fruit drinks". I think 80% of my carbs yesterday were sugar from all the damn margaritas. LOL Going to have to get back on track here or kiss my abs goodbye.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd. Good luck Rahl !
My wrist never healed up completely. I can work through it, but the residual pain the day after a heavy day is a b*tch.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd. Good luck Rahl !
My wrist never healed up completely. I can work through it, but the residual pain the day after a heavy day is a b*tch.
That sucks man! Not why I want to hear. Lol honestly I've been using AX's new joint supp and skeletal balm and it seems to be healing. I'm almost out of the AX stuff so we'll see how it goes after that.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sucks man! Not why I want to hear. Lol honestly I've been using AX's new joint supp and skeletal balm and it seems to be healing. I'm almost out of the AX stuff so we'll see how it goes after that.
Been reading logs about that. I think I am going to give it a shot.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Been reading logs about that. I think I am going to give it a shot.
Yeah, I can't really say which is helping more. I've always liked skeletal balm and I didn't have any when the wrist started bothering me. I got both at the same time but I'm about to run out of the AX and still have plenty of skelly left.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good night brother that is some impressive numbers on chest day!! Can't wait to see the end results in this fo sure!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Good night brother that is some impressive numbers on chest day!! Can't wait to see the end results in this fo sure!
Thanks packers! Good to have you here. I'm looking forward to what this stack can do also.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm about to get me some more lic I really enjoyed it. My next log is gonna be simple but yet funnnnn!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wicked workout, keep up the good work!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh yeah update update update!!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
LOL. Cracking me up here!

O.K. so leg day!

10 min Elliptical Warmup

Squats: Barx15,135x12,185x10x225x10,275x7,295x5 PR!!!
Leg Extensions: 190x12,190x9,190x7
Leg Curls: 170x12,180x9,180x8

DB Shoulder Press: 65x15,70x10,70x7
DB Back Flies: 30x12,30x10

Felt GOOD tonight! Which I was concerned about because I didn't get as much sleep as I had hoped last night. Those squats felt good though. I changed up my grip on the bar to be a bit wider than usual tonight and I really liked it. Felt good. I was able to get below parallel on all reps.

On another note my wrist is feeling very good right now which is awesome.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh heck yeah man that's what it's all about there PR!!!! Nice brother keep killing it and the pr's willa keep on a coming!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Oh heck yeah man that's what it's all about there PR!!!! Nice brother keep killing it and the pr's willa keep on a coming!
Thanks packers! Numbers have been steadily moving up lately in chest and legs seemingly since I've had to take it easy on my back due to the wrist injury making pulls difficult. I'll take the gains where they come!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! Wicked bro!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks buddy! I think it's almost time to retry my 1RM. The last time I did it was at 315. I have to think I can best that if I'm hitting 5 at 295.
Most def! Should be able to get around 350ish if you can hit 5 with 295

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't. I may play with that a bit this week and see if I notice any difference.
Gotcha.. How far from Pre workout would u say u currently dose and about what time Is your dinner/second dose?

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha.. How far from Pre workout would u say u currently dose and about what time Is your dinner/second dose?
Really far. My first dose has been at breakfast and my second is at dinner which is immediately post workout.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Another hot day here but I got a little bored and decided to go for a run. Put down 3 miles in 90 degree heat. Sweating like a madman. Dosed my formulaX prior to the run. It was really really got out and I was drained after but the run itself felt good.
I cut my cals back a little the last 2 days. My wife and kids are on vacation so I only have to cook what I will eat this week. Plan on keeping it very clean. Tonight was salmon and red potatoes with salad and pineapple.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must have been a hell of a hot run in that heat!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah, got bored, so I'll go out in 90 degree weather and sweat my ass off. That's commitment Rahl !!!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah, got bored, so I'll go out in 90 degree weather and sweat my ass off. That's commitment Rahl !!!
LOL! Yeah well it's either do something good or something bad. It's always a choice. :)

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
The bright side is that it was 103 yesterday. 90 seemed almost cool. :p

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice man I hate the heat as well but seems to be the only way i feel something good cardio wise.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Nice man I hate the heat as well but seems to be the only way i feel something good cardio wise.
Haha. I actually love this heat man. My wife hates Timor I would drag her ass down to florida permanently. :) I did get some looks runnin in that though! Lol I was "shiny" when I got back. Hahaha

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's cold about 8 months out of the year here in Canada:) lol..... I do prefer heat, but I've been going AC free this summer and some nights are hard to sleep when it's too hot out.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
It's cold about 8 months out of the year here in Canada:) lol..... I do prefer heat, but I've been going AC free this summer and some nights are hard to sleep when it's too hot out.
I've often said I could live in Canada...if they moved it to Mexico! :) sleeping in the heat is an issue but otherwise I much prefer the heat!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've often said I could live in Canada...if they moved it to Mexico! :) sleeping in the heat is an issue but otherwise I much prefer the heat!
Been to Mexico so many times. Of I could live there, I wouldn't care if it was 90 degrees everyday.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Been to Mexico so many times. Of I could live there, I wouldn't care if it was 90 degrees everyday.
Amen bro. I remember going to Jamaica and everyone was bitching that it was hot and humid. I thought feels just like Philly except the view is significantly better! :D

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Monday's training:

Chest/Tri's

10 Min Adjustable Runner warmup

DB Flat Bench: 40x15,65x12,85x9,95x7,100x5
Incline DB Bench: 70x12,75x10,75x8
Incline DB Fly:55x12,55x10,55x9
BW Dips:15,15,12
Vbar Tri Press: 150x12,150x10,150x7
Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets to failure
Weighted Crunch:55x25

Holy mother PUMP! Veins were everywhere last night. From my delts to my wrist pulling those DBs off of the racks. I haven't done a strictly DB workout in a while and it felt GOOD. Chest was swollen and so were my tri's. I did get a bit of a shoulder pump from the inclines so I'll have to watch my form on those a bit and get them out and away a bit further. All in all though a very successful workout.

I did dose my Licogenix preworkout today just out of curiosity. I will do that the rest of this week and see if I notice a trend of anything different. Still dosing my FormulaX intra workout.

For my postworkout meal I made beef & Broccoli with brown rice. Also had some pineapple for dessert.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drool~!!!! Man I was about to head to gym for chest but after reading your log lol I may wanta do something different so I don't feel so weak those are strong numbers~!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Drool~!!!! Man I was about to head to gym for chest but after reading your log lol I may wanta do something different so I don't feel so weak those are strong numbers~!
Haha. Go kill it bro! Or better yet work back and then come compare to the numbers in about to put up there! :p

Just dosed my lico and I'm heading to the gym for back and bicep destruction! :D

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol heck no chest today man. I did hit 225 on incline presses and 75lb on db's lol.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was pumped up today because of you guys the support we have is wicked cool.