AE and Purus team up on the whole line (Sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
purus.jpg

Lets get this started properly. First a HUGE thank you to the entire Purus team for what amounts to probably the most generous log I have ever had the privilege of running.

For those that have followed previous logs of mine, I run a modified powerlifting style routine with 6 days a week of lifting and cardio 6-7 days as well. I am up well before the majority of the world, and am usually done with both cardio and lifting by 5am. Here is the routine

Saturday: legs/back
Sunday: chest/tris
Monday: off
Tuesday: legs/calves
Wednesday: back
Thursday: chest/tris
Friday: shoulders

Other supps currently:
Caffeine (no longer needed with fat smack)
Protein
Orange Triad
Primaforce Cissus

I am really anxious to try out a few of these, specifically slin shot, as I have some decent experience with others of that ilk, and I have heard a lot of positive about SS. The only one of the supps that I have previously tried was MM, which I logged and loved it :thumbsup:

I will be dosing everything as suggested on the bottle, and will begin with a 1 day overlap with the end of my PES log

Before pics will be up tomorrow

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before pic taken this am post cardio (5/25 wght 207lbs)

photo-63.jpg

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
First!

Rock it out!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you know it.....this is going to be fun.

I will update the first post with all the pertinent info starting tomorrow

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...here is an odd issue. I took 2 fat smack xr about 10 mins ago. Within 5 minutes felt a very dull stomach burning and am currently sitting on the golden throne. Am into assume take 1 or if I do take 2 do so with some food?

The burn has dissipated, but I will be in this current position for a while. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ok...here is an odd issue. I took 2 fat smack xr about 10 mins ago. Within 5 minutes felt a very dull stomach burning and am currently sitting on the golden throne. Am into assume take 1 or if I do take 2 do so with some food?

The burn has dissipated, but I will be in this current position for a while. :)
Try a small snack with it. :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
add a scoop of peanut butter, and it dissipated quickly. Damn that was an odd feeling. It honestly felt like someone put a lighter in my stomach

Post cardio, I dosed as scheduled. THe only things not used thus far were slin shot (with lunch today) and MM which I will use prior to lifting this afternoon.

I have a very long weekend with no work due to not using any snow days this year. We are also going away for a night on monday night, but it will not interfere with my workouts

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
add a scoop of peanut butter, and it dissipated quickly. Damn that was an odd feeling. It honestly felt like someone put a lighter in my stomach

Post cardio, I dosed as scheduled. THe only things not used thus far were slin shot (with lunch today) and MM which I will use prior to lifting this afternoon.

I have a very long weekend with no work due to not using any snow days this year. We are also going away for a night on monday night, but it will not interfere with my workouts
Nice.

Did you guys get Organ Shield?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got in a real nice shoulder/trap workout

did 25 minutes on the treadmill as a warmup

Seated BB press set @ 205lbs for 2
BTN Press 5X5 @ 155lbs
BB shrugs sets @ 405
Arny presses 65lbs

Here was how I dosed for the day

Took 2 slin shot prior to lunch, realized after the fact I needed more carbs, got a little hypo, but it went away
Took 1 fat smack with a scoop of PB and a scoop of MM. It was a wild ride with those 2 together.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
got in a real nice shoulder/trap workout

did 25 minutes on the treadmill as a warmup

Seated BB press set @ 205lbs for 2
BTN Press 5X5 @ 155lbs
BB shrugs sets @ 405
Arny presses 65lbs

Here was how I dosed for the day

Took 2 slin shot prior to lunch, realized after the fact I needed more carbs, got a little hypo, but it went away
Took 1 fat smack with a scoop of PB and a scoop of MM. It was a wild ride with those 2 together.
Nice update!

What do u do on dumbbell shoulder press?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in my am cardio. Took 2 fat smack with some PB and no stomach burn.

I will tell you the sweat was intense 10 minutes after getting on the treadmill. Also, considering I didnt get home last night till 1am, I was up at 6 and with some FSXR I was up and ready to go

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got in my am cardio. Took 2 fat smack with some PB and no stomach burn.

I will tell you the sweat was intense 10 minutes after getting on the treadmill. Also, considering I didnt get home last night till 1am, I was up at 6 and with some FSXR I was up and ready to go
Nice glad u got no burn.
Still hungry after the work out?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late sorry, catching up after a long work week. Looking good man, and you my friend have some strong shoulders. And yes be careful with that fat smack. Sometimes, like you did, I take similiar products with a scoop of pb.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Late sorry, catching up after a long work week. Looking good man, and you my friend have some strong shoulders. And yes be careful with that fat smack. Sometimes, like you did, I take similiar products with a scoop of pb.
Thanks man. I used to do much better on seated press trying to work back up to it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Not really. I forced myself to eat about 90 mins later to get in more food.
So how are u stacking it with MM?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So how are u stacking it with MM?
I take the 1 scoop of MM. When finished I wait about 10-15 minutes then take the FS. Together they are strong as hell

Quick note on slin shot. Have been out with the family and stopped for lunch. Brought two SS with me and had a steak, beans, brown rice burrito with a few tortilla chips. Normally bloat city. 30 mins later I feel great, no bloat and my forearm veins are out and about.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I take the 1 scoop of MM. When finished I wait about 10-15 minutes then take the FS. Together they are strong as hell

Quick note on slin shot. Have been out with the family and stopped for lunch. Brought two SS with me and had a steak, beans, brown rice burrito with a few tortilla chips. Normally bloat city. 30 mins later I feel great, no bloat and my forearm veins are out and about.
Yeah I like SLINshot a lot.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a real solid leg/back workout today. I gotta say the MM/FSXR combo was a major bonus. I did not get a lot of sleep last night, and actually fell asleep in my car in the KMart parking lot while my wife and daughter were out buying a bathing suit.

25 minutes on the treadmill for warmup

Box squats (12 total sets) 4 sets @ 275 for 5 per
Zercher squats (5 sets) 315lbs

Good mornings 5X5 225lbs
Rack pulls (7 sets) 495lbs 1 easy rep
BB Rows (4 sets) 5X5 185-205lbs
BTN pull ups (4 sets) 7 reps per

Great pump and had a lot of longevity for this workout, which from past experience I know is from the MM. It is not a crazy stimmd out for me, it is more keeps me going for quite a bit of time.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Had a real solid leg/back workout today. I gotta say the MM/FSXR combo was a major bonus. I did not get a lot of sleep last night, and actually fell asleep in my car in the KMart parking lot while my wife and daughter were out buying a bathing suit.

25 minutes on the treadmill for warmup

Box squats (12 total sets) 4 sets @ 275 for 5 per
Zercher squats (5 sets) 315lbs

Good mornings 5X5 225lbs
Rack pulls (7 sets) 495lbs 1 easy rep
BB Rows (4 sets) 5X5 185-205lbs
BTN pull ups (4 sets) 7 reps per

Great pump and had a lot of longevity for this workout, which from past experience I know is from the MM. It is not a crazy stimmd out for me, it is more keeps me going for quite a bit of time.
Glad you're enjoying it so far.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got in my morning cardio and ab work. 40 minutes of 12% incline

the FSXR is powerful stuff. My body temperature was up quickly and had a slight stomach burn, although nothing bad or painful

I was sweating like crazy 5-10 minutes into cardio

Will be back later today with chest/tris

Really going to make an attempt at 350lbs today if I feel strong

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really solid workout today. Had great strength, endurance and the pump is somewhat painful (which is a good thing)

Chest:
Flat BP 345 1 rep, missed 355lbs :(
Pin press 315 for 1
Incline BP 275 2 sets 3 reps per

Tris
Did a super set between JM Press and Close grip BP 5 sets at 5 reps per for each exercise. Stayed between 185-205lbs
1 arm db extensions 40lbs 4 sets 7 reps per

Tris are truly fried and the pump is outrageous.

Kinda glad I am not lifting tomorrow, and just hitting am cardio. Additionally, we are taking a brief 1 night vacation and will be back Tuesday afternoon, at which time I will hit legs :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got in some morning cardio of 35 minutes @ 12% incline

A couple of early notes:
I am sore as hell. This is really rare for me, as I have been lifting for over 20 years, so this is a pleasant surprise and is telling me that my body is working harder than normal.

The muscular hardness is outrageous. My wife was holding my arm and told me to stop flexing. When I told her I was not flexing, she gave me a quizzical look as if I was lying.

Favorite thus far: Slin Shot....without question. We had a big dinner last night. My wife makes the best spaghetti/meatballs and garlic bread. 2 SS 35-30 minutes prior and I was good to go. No bloat at all, and felt great. Awesome supplement thus far (already in my cart at NP)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got in some morning cardio of 35 minutes @ 12% incline

A couple of early notes:
I am sore as hell. This is really rare for me, as I have been lifting for over 20 years, so this is a pleasant surprise and is telling me that my body is working harder than normal.

The muscular hardness is outrageous. My wife was holding my arm and told me to stop flexing. When I told her I was not flexing, she gave me a quizzical look as if I was lying.

Favorite thus far: Slin Shot....without question. We had a big dinner last night. My wife makes the best spaghetti/meatballs and garlic bread. 2 SS 35-30 minutes prior and I was good to go. No bloat at all, and felt great. Awesome supplement thus far (already in my cart at NP)
Nice. Yeah SLINshot is my most favorite supplement we offer. It's always in my monthly rep order. Can't beat the price either.

Are you seeing any different results vs 15 min or 30 minute timing with SLINshot?

Play around with 2-4 caps as well. 2 caps covers you up to about 75g of high GI carbs.
Just popped my 3 caps of SLINshot before breakfast.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Yeah SLINshot is my most favorite supplement we offer. It's always in my monthly rep order. Can't beat the price either.

Are you seeing any different results vs 15 min or 30 minute timing with SLINshot?

Play around with 2-4 caps as well. 2 caps covers you up to about 75g of high GI carbs.
Just popped my 3 caps of SLINshot before breakfast.
NP has a good price on it. Totally worth it. So far the best of this genre that I have tried.

Will update my lifting from today as MM was huge for me. We spent the last 2 days at a water park and I as not feeling it at all. I decided to do it anyway since it was a leg day, and MM saved the day

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
NP has a good price on it. Totally worth it. So far the best of this genre that I have tried.

Will update my lifting from today as MM was huge for me. We spent the last 2 days at a water park and I as not feeling it at all. I decided to do it anyway since it was a leg day, and MM saved the day
I switched back over MM myself recently.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has a nice amount of kick and to me seems more for endurance than a crazy stimd feeling

Legs
Box squats (12 sets) stayed at 225-275 for sets of 5-8

Standing calf raises (12 sets) after each set of squats I did a set of these
1 leg box raises (5 sets) off of the box squat box

Considering what I was doing the last 2 days, I was surprised and pleased that MM gave me a boost

Tomorrow I will be hitting a heavy back day since I dont have work

Will also update with greater info about somethings I am noticing

The one other quick note.....regarding Slinshot, I personally am finding 4 per day the sweet spot. So it wont last the full 30 days. I would love to see the bottle increase, as this is the most effective I have found this early on, and believe me I have tried almost all of them

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Totally agree. Was thinking about that today myself. The bottles should support 4-6 caps a day. Personally I used 2 or 3 with my lunch and 4 with my dinner. :D
To support 6 caps a day that's 180 caps a bottle & to support 4 a day, 120 caps. It would be nice either way. SLINshot ranks up as one of my favorite products we have.

MM I take breaks from. It has to be the 1,3. Remove that or lower the dose.... #win.
Still enjoy it though. Like to take mine about an hour after a meal. Still get energy & don't feel as stimmed out.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally agree. Was thinking about that today myself. The bottles should support 4-6 caps a day. Personally I used 2 or 3 with my lunch and 4 with my dinner. :D
To support 6 caps a day that's 180 caps a bottle & to support 4 a day, 120 caps. It would be nice either way. SLINshot ranks up as one of my favorite products we have.

MM I take breaks from. It has to be the 1,3. Remove that or lower the dose.... #win.
Still enjoy it though. Like to take mine about an hour after a meal. Still get energy & don't feel as stimmed out.
agreed...the 180 count would be sweet...I would pay the extra to accommodate that.

I will give that a shot with MM. Its another winner for me, but I knew that from the last time I did it back around October

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
agreed...the 180 count would be sweet...I would pay the extra to accommodate that.

I will give that a shot with MM. Its another winner for me, but I knew that from the last time I did it back around October
Yeah, but the price would have to be adjusted. You figure Nutra sells it for $30, a 180 count bottle @ $60 wouldn't hold over too well. I could maybe see $45-50 though. Glad I rep for them though! I always have SLINshot around.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, but the price would have to be adjusted. You figure Nutra sells it for $30, a 180 count bottle @ $60 wouldn't hold over too well. I could maybe see $45-50 though. Glad I rep for them though! I always have SLINshot around.
It would have to be in the 40-45 range IMO to keep it competitive. Awesome product and is better than the others I have tried. I won't name them all now, but compare them at the end. :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It would have to be in the 40-45 range IMO to keep it competitive. Awesome product and is better than the others I have tried. I won't name them all now, but compare them at the end. :)
Sweet, I would like to see the comparison.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whoa buddy, looking good. Ive used slinshot. Didnt really mess with the dosing. Ill be playing with it soon for sure

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
got my morning cardio in with a little FSXR and some PB. It is amazing how quickly the PB takes care of the burn.

Sweat was ridiculous as was the energy.

Will be making an attempt at some heavier deads today :woohoo:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just finished 1 hell of a back day

20 minutes treadmill warmup, got a great sweat going and was really itching to get rolling

Deads (9 sets) 465lbs 1 rep :woohoo:
Meadow Rows (5 sets) 2 25's 1 10lbs 8 reps
TBar rows (4 sets) 3 45's 1 35 8 reps per
BTN Pull ups (4 sets) 8 reps

Had a great pump, vascularity was very apparent. Was thrilled with the 465, as I have not gone that high in quite some time, and while I did struggle with it, I was able to lock out and hold a sec at the top :thumbsup:

So far I am noticing some really pronounced muscular hardness, vascularity and the strength is increasing. In addition, the recycle and D-pol seem to be hitting my libido like crazy. ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good stuff. Nice 465lb pull.
In regards to FS XR, you get a warmth and sweating right?
Does it blunt your appetite? You are dosing 1 cap AM right? Any mood enhancement?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff. Nice 465lb pull.
In regards to FS XR, you get a warmth and sweating right?
Does it blunt your appetite? You are dosing 1 cap AM right? Any mood enhancement?
Thanks

There is definitely a warmth and major sweating, with some minor appetite suppressing. Right now I am dosing 2 am 1 pm. Should I alter?

Nothing on mood at the moment but there are major work related stressors at the moment.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good. Yeah I don't think FS XR ever really effected peoples mood much from what I've seen. Keep the dosing that way, you don't want to go over board on stims. It should provide some focus and curb the appetite a bit though.

Anyhow keep up the good work with this log!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a solid workout this am. Due to time coonstraints, I did not hit triceps and will refocus them again on sunday

35 minute treadmill warmup

Incline BP (9 sets) 2 sets @ 275lbs 3 reps per
Incline flys (5 sets) 65lbs sets at 8
Incline db press (5 sets) 65lbs sets at 8

I supersetted the flys and press to get an extra burn. The pump was outrageous.

Also, I weighed in after my workout and shake...210. Not sure why I am up so high, will be monitoring it more so going forward

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Decent workout his am, although the FSXR did some stomach damage this am. More or less my own fault however, didn't take it with a scoop of pb.

Had to cut the treadmill time at 30 mins as I was literally running to the bathroom.

Shoulders
Seated press (8 sets) 205lbs for 3 :thumbsup:
BTN press (5 sets) 185 for 1
BB shrugs (5 sets) 405 sets of 8
Seated DB's press (4 sets) 75's sets of 8

Strength is improving rapidly, very impressed with that. Considering how early I train, I am stunned with how strong I feel.

All supps dosed in accordance with protocol. Really finding the muscular hardness impressive. I am going to attribute that to d-pol and recycle. So far....good combo

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Decent workout his am, although the FSXR did some stomach damage this am. More or less my own fault however, didn't take it with a scoop of pb.

Had to cut the treadmill time at 30 mins as I was literally running to the bathroom.

Shoulders
Seated press (8 sets) 205lbs for 3 :thumbsup:
BTN press (5 sets) 185 for 1
BB shrugs (5 sets) 405 sets of 8
Seated DB's press (4 sets) 75's sets of 8

Strength is improving rapidly, very impressed with that. Considering how early I train, I am stunned with how strong I feel.

All supps dosed in accordance with protocol. Really finding the muscular hardness impressive. I am going to attribute that to d-pol and recycle. So far....good combo
For sure man. Glad your strength is there still. I could never make it to the gym super early let alone do it empty.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning cardio is in with a little ab work.....feel good overall. Dosing as normal this am.

WIll be hitting legs/back this afternoon. No deads today since I hit them Wednesday. WIll go back to them next saturday

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a solid overall leg/back workout. Although had some odd body reactions tonight. I am holding a lot of water as my wedding ring is stuck on a swollen finger, but I am oddly bloated for some reason. Did not eat any extra sodium at all. So not sure the root.

Legs:
Box squats- stayed with sets of 1-2 reps to 315lbs
Zerchers- same plan as above
Standing bb calf raises- use each set of
Box squats and super setted with calf raises

Back:
Good mornings- 5x5 205lbs
Rack pulls- 495 for an easy 2
BB rows- 5x5 185 - 205
Wide chins- 4 sets

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far, also good results so far. That gut burn from the fsxr is no joke is it? LOL At least it's easily satiated.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got my am cardio in. Damn dog woke me at 445 on a sunday morning.

Hitting chest and tris today. Will also check my weight shortly.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Have you notice the XR energy part of Fat Smack?

:D