Page 8 of 9 First ... 36789 Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Did legs yesterday, went up a little bit on squats then hit 16 reps with 315 on romanian deads which was really really challenging. I pushed on squats too so i could of possibly gotten 20 if i would of done them first. Anyways everything is going pretty good at this point, bulk is consistant 1.5-2lbs per week.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    I'm gonna do them today, i do my dips with abbreviated range of motion too because my shoulder. My chest is full and big so they can just eat their own words. 99% of the time nobody talks to me anyways haha Thanks for the vid, Nunn is INSANE for his weight!
    hes a super nice guy too... met him a few times
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I have been doing full range dips then at the end shorter ones. May just try shorter ones, I can move more weight/reps in the shorter ones at the top
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    hes a super nice guy too... met him a few times
    Looks like it from the vid's i've seen

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I have been doing full range dips then at the end shorter ones. May just try shorter ones, I can move more weight/reps in the shorter ones at the top
    Those are killer, they will help you blast through plateaus I've done them a few times here and there!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Looks like it from the vid's i've seen

Those are killer, they will help you blast through plateaus I've done them a few times here and there!
    did those dips tonight!
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

did those dips tonight!
    You like them? ... Bet you liked the pump haha

Well did back today guys and i swapped out t bar rows for cable rows since i seem to be making small increases on t bar rows like 2-5 reps. Since i swapped in cable rows (seated) i have made really good progress since I've never done them. Weight is already up 30lbs on that exercise with perfect form. Back just POPS out afterwards too i love it! Also added in rest pause on a few sets which took the intensity up another notch! I'm sitting right at 238Lbs right now and making some of the best progress I've ever made. Also found something that works very well for calves: Training them 3x a week every other day, 3 super-sets of Standing Calve raises to Donkey Calve raises then the last set is a drop set on the donkey raise followed by bodyweight calve raise + 1 lonnnnnnggg ass stretch. I can actually see a noticeable difference now and i'm set on it for now. Still working on forearms though, there has been some small progress but maybe i need to do super sets for them as well.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Pretty sure i mentioned it already but the powerhouse i am training at was Steve Kuclo's gym before he turned pro and moved to Texas. It's badass looking at the power rack seeing the quote: Don't just win, DOMINATE ~ Steve Kuclo IFBB Pro. Inspires me every time!

8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It's been a while, you still working on leaning or gaining?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Pretty sure i mentioned it already but the powerhouse i am training at was Steve Kuclo's gym before he turned pro and moved to Texas. It's badass looking at the power rack seeing the quote: Don't just win, DOMINATE ~ Steve Kuclo IFBB Pro. Inspires me every time!

hell of a quote
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

The guy is a beast!
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    It's been a while, you still working on leaning or gaining?
    Currently i'm trying to gain and lifting heavy, for the first time i did the 90lb db's on flat bench today for 8 reps (got 5 last time) body weight didn't change though so i may need to eat a little more.

hell of a quote
    I know right? The cooler thing is that the lady working the front counter is awesome and said she'll call me if he comes in so i can meet him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    The guy is a beast!
    Hell yeah! Strong as hell too

Did chest today and made some notable improvements, my dips improved dramatically despite being my 2nd exercise after flat dumbbell press where i hit 90's for 8 (got 5 last workout) Did a really long negative last rep as well. Hitting my stride very well now
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Currently i'm trying to gain and lifting heavy, for the first time i did the 90lb db's on flat bench today for 8 reps (got 5 last time) body weight didn't change though so i may need to eat a little more.

I know right? The cooler thing is that the lady working the front counter is awesome and said she'll call me if he comes in so i can meet him!

Hell yeah! Strong as hell too

Did chest today and made some notable improvements, my dips improved dramatically despite being my 2nd exercise after flat dumbbell press where i hit 90's for 8 (got 5 last workout) Did a really long negative last rep as well. Hitting my stride very well now
    I met him a few months ago in Pittsburgh... was a nice guy... but then again, all of the guys I have met have seemed top notch and friendly
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Well guys i hit my first big goal today which was 315 x 20 Romanian deadlift, i seriously cannot put into words how much more difficult it is to gain 4 reps on a big lift as opposed to 2 reps. I had a solid 10 minutes where i couldn't catch my breath. Today i came up with a better approach that i will utilize for my romanian's which will be more sets. Doing 1 set ALL OUT is really really hard and is mentally nerve racking just thinking about it so i'm going to aim for 3-5 sets of 365 x 6-10 next week. Slow and controlled, i still want to hit 20 reps but i want the 20 reps to not be so difficult that i have to worry about my form. Doing the lift heavier for more sets should train my nervous system more efficiently and still receive massive responses of hypertrophy since i will still be around 10 reps. Once i hit 10 on 1 set i'll start aiming for sets of 12-15 and so forth.There was absolutely no way i was going to be able to squat after these today, so i did INSANELY intense Rest/pause sets with leg extension and seated leg curl. I had to stumble around after that, squats are amazing but for right now i'm doing my own thing. I am literally getting comments that i look bigger everytime someone see's me at work. I even got accused of gear use from the subway i go to regularly. I am without a doubt gaining a lot of quality size, this has been the first time i have consistently trained heavy without any issues. I will be taking another week off in about 2 weeks though. I feel doing it really re-set my body and it fully recovered, then i made excellent gains in both size and strength.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

great to hear man, seems like you never hit a plateu!
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Well guys i hit my first big goal today which was 315 x 20 Romanian deadlift, i seriously cannot put into words how much more difficult it is to gain 4 reps on a big lift as opposed to 2 reps. I had a solid 10 minutes where i couldn't catch my breath. Today i came up with a better approach that i will utilize for my romanian's which will be more sets. Doing 1 set ALL OUT is really really hard and is mentally nerve racking just thinking about it so i'm going to aim for 3-5 sets of 365 x 6-10 next week. Slow and controlled, i still want to hit 20 reps but i want the 20 reps to not be so difficult that i have to worry about my form. Doing the lift heavier for more sets should train my nervous system more efficiently and still receive massive responses of hypertrophy since i will still be around 10 reps. Once i hit 10 on 1 set i'll start aiming for sets of 12-15 and so forth.There was absolutely no way i was going to be able to squat after these today, so i did INSANELY intense Rest/pause sets with leg extension and seated leg curl. I had to stumble around after that, squats are amazing but for right now i'm doing my own thing. I am literally getting comments that i look bigger everytime someone see's me at work. I even got accused of gear use from the subway i go to regularly. I am without a doubt gaining a lot of quality size, this has been the first time i have consistently trained heavy without any issues. I will be taking another week off in about 2 weeks though. I feel doing it really re-set my body and it fully recovered, then i made excellent gains in both size and strength.
    love rest pause sets
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    great to hear man, seems like you never hit a plateu!
    It does have a toll on my mindset sometimes though, like hitting the 315 x 20 i was having almost anxiety before hand and feeling knots in my stomach/high heart rate. I almost couldn't control it which freaked me out a little bit. If i can find a way to harness it into pure confidence and mental strength rather than nervousness, i can see my lifts getting insanely better. It is a hard mentality to establish and even harder to maintain. Then the saying "No Fear" comes into my mind because being confident about a lift can make a worlds difference.

love rest pause sets
    Me too, they are super intense too!
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

It does have a toll on my mindset sometimes though, like hitting the 315 x 20 i was having almost anxiety before hand and feeling knots in my stomach/high heart rate. I almost couldn't control it which freaked me out a little bit. If i can find a way to harness it into pure confidence and mental strength rather than nervousness, i can see my lifts getting insanely better. It is a hard mentality to establish and even harder to maintain. Then the saying "No Fear" comes into my mind because being confident about a lift can make a worlds difference.

Me too, they are super intense too!
    Great way to help break plateaus.... sometimes you need constant tenstion, some times you need the rest pause... can do heavier weight, so your body can get used to moving that weight.... keep at it!
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Well guys i did a little expirement with creatine HCL, last night i took 2 scoops of Creacore by muscletech which is 3.5 grams and today i without a doubt had a bunch of personal records on back. I felt stronger the entire workout as well, It is literally a night and day difference. I was able to bang out more reps with heavier weights, i felt like i had "more gas" in the tank so to speak. I've been on creatine monohydrate forever and i was skeptical about Creatine HCL being THAT much better as they claimed. I believe it now though, I woke up at 237Lbs and i look the absolute best i have ever looked at this weight. I can see the outline of my abs i really don't understand how but i want to figure it out so i can take notes and have a game plan for super efficient bulking.

*Still bulking for the record, my body is trying to recomp or something hell idk*
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Well guys i did a little expirement with creatine HCL, last night i took 2 scoops of Creacore by muscletech which is 3.5 grams and today i without a doubt had a bunch of personal records on back. I felt stronger the entire workout as well, It is literally a night and day difference. I was able to bang out more reps with heavier weights, i felt like i had "more gas" in the tank so to speak. I've been on creatine monohydrate forever and i was skeptical about Creatine HCL being THAT much better as they claimed. I believe it now though, I woke up at 237Lbs and i look the absolute best i have ever looked at this weight. I can see the outline of my abs i really don't understand how but i want to figure it out so i can take notes and have a game plan for super efficient bulking.

*Still bulking for the record, my body is trying to recomp or something hell idk*
    damn our bodies for being so smart!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

damn our bodies for being so smart!
    lol exactly
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

lol exactly
    never ceases to amaze me what our bodies are capable of
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Me either, i'm upping my food intake a little bit though because i gained 1 rep on db press flat today. Progress is progress but i want more out of this bulk!
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Me either, i'm upping my food intake a little bit though because i gained 1 rep on db press flat today. Progress is progress but i want more out of this bulk!
    food intake up... mmmm
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Did legs today and got 365 x 8,6,3 for a total of 17 reps on Romanian Deads. Going to compare how my progress is with multiple sets and more overall volume vs 1 high intensity set. In all honesty i think i could get 10 maybe 11 reps with 365. Form felt really solid and these were very slow reps, one thing i am learning is the heavier the weight the slower you want to do reps to be safe. First set the weight really felt good, 2nd set still pretty good and the 3rd set my lower back was really pumped up so after 3 reps i decided i was good. Still at 239Lbs despite eating everything in sight, My body seems to respond very well to this heavy training now. Definitely can see more overall size especially in my chest/delts
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Did legs today and got 365 x 8,6,3 for a total of 17 reps on Romanian Deads. Going to compare how my progress is with multiple sets and more overall volume vs 1 high intensity set. In all honesty i think i could get 10 maybe 11 reps with 365. Form felt really solid and these were very slow reps, one thing i am learning is the heavier the weight the slower you want to do reps to be safe. First set the weight really felt good, 2nd set still pretty good and the 3rd set my lower back was really pumped up so after 3 reps i decided i was good. Still at 239Lbs despite eating everything in sight, My body seems to respond very well to this heavy training now. Definitely can see more overall size especially in my chest/delts
    beast mode!
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

for the guy who has his nutrition down and knows how to get big, getting big and strong is easy just eat and train heavy (back off if needed for injury prevention) kudos to you for this

The real challenge is getting lean staying lean and keeping strength up while joints stay healthy
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    for the guy who has his nutrition down and knows how to get big, getting big and strong is easy just eat and train heavy (back off if needed for injury prevention) kudos to you for this

The real challenge is getting lean staying lean and keeping strength up while joints stay healthy

getting lean while maintaining fullness... tough, but doable
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Decided to take the rest of the week off, i'm showing so many signs that i need a rest. Joints flared up a little bit, motivation down, feel aggrivated and anxious. Just time for a break! Stopped gaining weight too. Small strength increase increments like 50% of what i was doing.
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Decided to take the rest of the week off, i'm showing so many signs that i need a rest. Joints flared up a little bit, motivation down, feel aggrivated and anxious. Just time for a break! Stopped gaining weight too. Small strength increase increments like 50% of what i was doing.

Recover and come back even stronger!
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Recover and come back even stronger!
    That's the plan! Gonna aim for 2 rep increases per week or more if i can. The heavy dead lift i did last friday really took a lot out of me that's for sure.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

That's the plan! Gonna aim for 2 rep increases per week or more if i can. The heavy dead lift i did last friday really took a lot out of me that's for sure.
    Set your mind to it and do it
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    51.58%

Rest is a good thing!!

you'll feel a lot better and more fresh next week. maybe even some PR's
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61

Rest is a good thing!!

I agree, I'm always surprised when I break a PR after a week off.
    But sometimes it's hard to convince myself to take a break in the first place.
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

How many cals you eating now TG?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

Quote Originally Posted by ozHarris View Post

def have to be mentally strong to make yourself take that day off... I need to do better at this lol
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Set your mind to it and do it
    It's done. Don't even have to think about it.

Rest is a good thing!!

Oh mark my words i will kill some records on monday!! ARGGHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by ozHarris View Post
    Couldn't agree more, it's so weird that it happens and the soreness usually sucks afterwards too but it's all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    How many cals you eating now TG?
    I'd say i am right around 4-5k, more so at 4k. I've been taking R-ALA to minimize fat gain and it works pretty well!

def have to be mentally strong to make yourself take that day off... I need to do better at this lol
    I swear today i feel completely different and like my old self again. I feel motivated and focused after the 3rd day off, I'm up almost 1lb as well. I think the improvement in my attitude and focus/motivation is the sign that i am almost 100% again. I think i'm seeing a re-occurance of when to take a break. The weights are starting to get a lot heavier which will tax me initially but i think the better i get at moving heavier weights the faster i will recover.
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

It's done. Don't even have to think about it.

Oh mark my words i will kill some records on monday!! ARGGHHHH

Couldn't agree more, it's so weird that it happens and the soreness usually sucks afterwards too but it's all worth it.

I'd say i am right around 4-5k, more so at 4k. I've been taking R-ALA to minimize fat gain and it works pretty well!

I swear today i feel completely different and like my old self again. I feel motivated and focused after the 3rd day off, I'm up almost 1lb as well. I think the improvement in my attitude and focus/motivation is the sign that i am almost 100% again. I think i'm seeing a re-occurance of when to take a break. The weights are starting to get a lot heavier which will tax me initially but i think the better i get at moving heavier weights the faster i will recover.

Sounds like things are on the up and up!
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Ok so today was goofy, i was feeling a ton stronger on dumbbell shoulder press but for some reason i could not clean the 85's up but the 70's felt really really easy. SO after a set of 70's i did 65's for a really slow (and agonizing) set of 8 reps. Had a great pump too, i am down to 237 and noticeably leaner but i have lost some strength. I blame myself for not keeping up on my eating for the recovery week. I'm going to change my exercises around and start with Hammer Strength behind the neck press as my base pressing movement and use dumbbell for higher reps 12-20. Cleaning the db's is my most difficult issue so i'll work around it. I'll be starting a new log this week gonna be trying out Forerunner Labs Alpha Mass/Alpha Bulk for 8 weeks!
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

thats gonna be an epic log my friend onna get swole! keep up the intensity and focus and ull see some amazing things happen i think
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.14%

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    thats gonna be an epic log my friend onna get swole! keep up the intensity and focus and ull see some amazing things happen i think
    Hell yeah i'm doing it to promote Forerunner and the supp store i work at since we will be carrying their products. I will be using AI sports DAA with my PCT as well.

Similar Forum Threads

1. tiny's 3 MONTH HGHpro LOG OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!! (Sponsored)
    By thetinyguy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 10:41 PM
  2. Kleen's AI Sports Z3 and STOKED Review
    By MrKleen73 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
  3. Tiny is on FIRE with AppNut's LIT-UP/DRIVE! (Sponsored)
    By thetinyguy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 369
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 11:54 PM
  4. Replies: 521
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 12:25 AM