Tiny is STOKED to get LEAN and MEAN with DAA!! AI SPORTS SPONSORED

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
:D

I'm going to say incline barbell is just not for me, Every time it's inconsistent and feels different on my shoulder and elbow. However i can go grab dumbbells and get way more isolation of the chest and even do mini partials to annihilate my chest. A friend told me "don't let it discourage you, jesus christ look at you man you know what your doing!" made me feel pretty good. I looked a lot bigger today just didn't feel like i was in the zone like usual. Oh well guess i'll see how i do tomorrow and the next day! The biggest gratification i had today was hitting a front double bi and actually being happy with it. My bi's/tri's look like they peak more due to me leaning out so far. Gotta keep pushing it! My plan right now is 5-10 reps with my slow good form i want to see what it will do for me. Legs are going to be high reps still!
Next time try this for incline barbell...

-Take a relatively wide grip, your going to have to find that sweet spot, that allows specific tension on the pec minor(upper pecs), go down until you feel a stretch, and immediately go back up.

-Your joints get compromised when the range of motion for an exercise is at its full stretch and its full contraction, keep that in mind, its OK to stop 1-2 inches before the bar hits your chest, and its OK to not come to a full lockout.

-On the negative portion of the rep, drive your hands in together, but obviously don't let them move, grip the bar as tight as possible, you can try this while pushing against a wall right now, grip your object tight, what just contracted? Your chest. On the positive explode up while still driving your hands in together. Your going to have to go alot lighter, but thats a good thing long term!

-Anytime you can't feel a muscle working, its because obviously their isn't a specific tension on the targeted muscle, as bodybuilders you need that specific focus. Training heavy is awesome, but if majority of the tension is dominated by your assistance muscles expect big assistance muscles! :)

Ill sub to this, hopefully im not too late!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Nice piece of info there bro!

Yeah Tiny I feel ya on the incline barbell. I usually stick to the DBs on this lift I just feel that for me personally there is better ROM and the stretch is much more focused.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Next time try this for incline barbell...

-Take a relatively wide grip, your going to have to find that sweet spot, that allows specific tension on the pec minor(upper pecs), go down until you feel a stretch, and immediately go back up.

-Your joints get compromised when the range of motion for an exercise is at its full stretch and its full contraction, keep that in mind, its OK to stop 1-2 inches before the bar hits your chest, and its OK to not come to a full lockout.

-On the negative portion of the rep, drive your hands in together, but obviously don't let them move, grip the bar as tight as possible, you can try this while pushing against a wall right now, grip your object tight, what just contracted? Your chest. On the positive explode up while still driving your hands in together. Your going to have to go alot lighter, but thats a good thing long term!

-Anytime you can't feel a muscle working, its because obviously their isn't a specific tension on the targeted muscle, as bodybuilders you need that specific focus. Training heavy is awesome, but if majority of the tension is dominated by your assistance muscles expect big assistance muscles! :)

Ill sub to this, hopefully im not too late!
Thanks for that man! Squeezing the bar together is my only choice for Incline Barbell bench, I just enjoy how much farther into failure i can go with DB's :)

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Thanks for that man! Squeezing the bar together is my only choice for Incline Barbell bench, I just enjoy how much farther into failure i can go with DB's :)
Isn't it a pain in the A to get them heavy dumbbells up to the starting position? haha thats why I like using the barbell, 2012 and nobody still hasn't made a dumbbell rack spotter thingy lol.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Isn't it a pain in the A to get them heavy dumbbells up to the starting position? haha thats why I like using the barbell, 2012 and nobody still hasn't made a dumbbell rack spotter thingy lol.
Dude i absolutely hate that too, I'm highly considering getting some of these i just hope they are strong enough to hold heavy dumbbells!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Did back and bi's with 5 reps range but squeezing the muscle. All lifts went up significantly as a result. I did low reps for tri's a few days back and now they are SORE AS F***! Posting workout tomorrow!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Started tanning today haha, trying to get some decent color considering i'm white as a ghost. Waist is down another half an inch! Sitting at 235Lbs currently, so far so good! Did cardio this morning high intensity and some low intensity later on in the day. Started doing Reverse seated v bar pull-downs ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW3zynS4sYw&list=UUzzYnZ8GIzfB1Vr3hk2Nj9Q&index=6&feature=plcp ) Go to 4:18, it mimics a t bar row but i don't have to balance anything and can focus on the squeeze!

5/12/12
Back Bi's
Chin Ups -50 x 6 + 2 R/P + Drop (Did body weight ones before for like 3 reps, just going to wait till i drop a little more fat) *Improved*
Rvs V-Bar Pull-Down 110 x 6, 140 x 8 + R/P + Drop *HUGE improvement of 50lbs*
Underhand Close Grip Pull-Down 150 x 6 + 2 R/P + Drop *HUGE improvement of 40lbs*
21's 30Lbs x 3 sets *10Lb Improvement*
Incline DB Curl 15Lbs x 8 focused as hard as i could on trying to put tension on the "peak" of my bi's i literally felt it directly in the middle!
Preacher Curls 2 Positions x 8 Reps 15Lbs

After doing all the heavy back stuff reverse grip, i hit my Bi's pretty hard. 21's wrecked them i even can see some veins slowly starting to come in. Going to get half-way pic's up this week.

Notes:
Stoked has definitely dried me out a little bit, joints are a little more stiff but i make sure i warm up a lot more thoroughly to be safe.
Libido is up a lot too.
Strength up a good amount,.
Leaner.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Another epic successful day!! Lifts went up again pumps were GREAT! Also at the end of the workout i messed around with deadlifts from the floor just to see how it felt, Did 315 x 1 cold (not smart lol) felt like a FEATHER. My technique is getting very good, i drive with my heels and literally explode off the floor. Use my lats instead of my middle back to hold my shoulders in place and prevent too much back rounding. I am SO pumped for leg day i'm going for 355 x 5 if i feel good for stiff leg deads. NOTHING IS GONNA STOP ME! KEEPING MY FORM PICTURE PERFECT WITH 4 SECOND NEGATIVE TO STAY IN PERFECT CONTROL. :saevilw:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
5/14 Delts
Standing Laterals 35 x 30 R/P, 40 x 30 R/P + Drops Improvement
1 Arm Leaning Laterals 20 x 23 Improvement
Cable rear Delt Row, Lat bar - 120 x 10 + Drop, 1 Arm 100 x 10 (Different pulley) Improvements
High Incline DB Press 55 x 12 (shoulder was still wiped out from chest) did 1 high rep set, Reps were picture perfect very slow too, pumped to see what i can get next time i should be easily at 65/70
1 Arm DB shrug 120 x 14 Improvement

Cardio 15 min Stair Stepper, about to go to more with a friend around 30 minutes

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW3zynS4sYw&list=UUzzYnZ8GIzfB1Vr3hk2Nj9Q&index=6&feature=plcp looks like a new exercise to try, I like the rope because greater rom. Marc Lobliner=nice guy, friends with him on facebook, comment on his posts sometimes

great workouts Nick. what are you doing diet-wise?
Yeah man it'd be awesome to train with him i like his attitude, TIIIGER FITNESS DOT COM!! haha

So far tons and tons of eggs, seriously i can't get enough of them! Whole wheat sandwiches with potato salad or rice post workout sometimes PB&J for glycogen replenishment. So far that's the base of it since it's cheap yet effective, Some days i pick up some chicken breast and make that as well. Tried eating whole grain oats and can't do it anymore they just give me the ****s and i fart all day. It sucks!

Marc is a beast! lol

Keep killing it Tiny!
Hell to the yeah man, so far so good i'm happy with how i'm progressing. I've been tanning too so far 2 sessions i haven't burnt so i'm on my way to being all lean, decent tan and looking ALPHA DAWGGG

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Epic leg day: 355 x 5,3 Stiff Leg Deads with pause on bars at bottom, Started box squats which are right at parallel for me and probably my favorite! 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 2. Was really happy with how i did considering it being my first time doing them and was after kicking my ass on Stiff Leg Deads. Not to mention getting PR's all day while DIETING. As the weights got heavier i actually improved my form with getting the bar lower. My bar position before was way too high on my neck and after warming up my shoulders and some light stretching i can get the bar directly on my traps. The even cooler thing is after i finished box squats i tried just the bar with the same form and i literally had this feeling when going down that a rubber band was pulling me up. I can see how the CNS would adapt i can't wait to see how strong i can get :) Form is ALWAYS first for me, if i feel it breaking down i set the bar down!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Oh and i also only did those 2 exercises today, just adapting to the heavy weight and sets is going to be enough for this week which was about 11 sets not including warm-up. My calves are STILL slightly sore from the last time i trained them x.x so i decided to just do cardio and get home. Will be going back later for more cardio :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Also one of the guys who inspires the **** out of me, he's 21 years old too. My height, guy is just incredible this deserves WAY more views!!!

[video=youtube;WSOPePvhRNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSOPePvhRNA[/video]

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Epic leg day: 355 x 5,3 Stiff Leg Deads with pause on bars at bottom, Started box squats which are right at parallel for me and probably my favorite! 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 2. Was really happy with how i did considering it being my first time doing them and was after kicking my ass on Stiff Leg Deads. Not to mention getting PR's all day while DIETING. As the weights got heavier i actually improved my form with getting the bar lower. My bar position before was way too high on my neck and after warming up my shoulders and some light stretching i can get the bar directly on my traps. The even cooler thing is after i finished box squats i tried just the bar with the same form and i literally had this feeling when going down that a rubber band was pulling me up. I can see how the CNS would adapt i can't wait to see how strong i can get :) Form is ALWAYS first for me, if i feel it breaking down i set the bar down!
gotta love leg day

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
First time ever heavy flat benching today got 205 x 3 for 2 sets!! So happy with it, i set that as my goal this month. I favor a close grip though everything wide bothers my shoulders so close grip i felt way way better. Did close grip after and got 155 x 5 for 2 sets after normal grip which felt a lot stronger and stable. I might be switching to 5x5 for cutting since the volume is much lower. I could just build some strength now so when i'm done dieting i can take full advantage of being stronger and gain easy. I think after this week i will do that!

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Epic leg day: 355 x 5,3 Stiff Leg Deads with pause on bars at bottom, Started box squats which are right at parallel for me and probably my favorite! 135 x 5, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 5, 245 x 5, 255 x 5, 275 x 2. Was really happy with how i did considering it being my first time doing them and was after kicking my ass on Stiff Leg Deads. Not to mention getting PR's all day while DIETING. As the weights got heavier i actually improved my form with getting the bar lower. My bar position before was way too high on my neck and after warming up my shoulders and some light stretching i can get the bar directly on my traps. The even cooler thing is after i finished box squats i tried just the bar with the same form and i literally had this feeling when going down that a rubber band was pulling me up. I can see how the PNSwould adapt i can't wait to see how strong i can get :) Form is ALWAYS first for me, if i feel it breaking down i set the bar down!
I corrected you in the bold above, oh and PNS = Peripheral Nervous System = Responsible for your body motor pattern. Just thought i'd throw that out there for ya! :)

Looking good in here! How is your "alpha male" feeling right now?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I corrected you in the bold above, oh and PNS = Peripheral Nervous System = Responsible for your body motor pattern. Just thought i'd throw that out there for ya! :)

Looking good in here! How is your "alpha male" feeling right now?
Thank you! I'm really not sure how it all works, i'm guessing after every session i will get better and better after learning the "new motor pattern"

I'm feeling pretty good, i really think i need MORE food so i'm gonna up the cals a little bit more until i hit a sweet spot. Still losing fat just at a slower rate but my energy is sapped. I want to sleep all day! So guess i'll just play it by ear the next few days.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Started Bill Starr's Intermediate 5x5 program today!

Box squat pause at bottom: Worked up to 275 x 5 and 285 x 2 no belt or wraps
Flat BB bench worked up to 195 x 4 x 2 second set did reps a lot quicker
BB underhand rows (substituting pull ups for these) 225 x 5 felt "weird" though wish we had a chest supported row!
close grip Pull-Ups close grip 5 sets of 5 reps explosive, going for 6-8 x 5 sets next workout
Hyper extensions 45Lb plate x 10 x 3 sets
Core work: Leg raises straight out 10 reps x 3 sets

This is some good sh*t!! Seems so simple yet is very challenging and wipes me out :)

Weight is down to 232-233Lbs!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is great your trying new training systems

do you that program your doing it hitting too many body-parts in one day?

I used to do the dc two way split, that is probably the most bodybuilding Ive hit in a days time

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
That is great your trying new training systems

do you that program your doing it hitting too many body-parts in one day?

I used to do the dc two way split, that is probably the most bodybuilding Ive hit in a days time
It's pretty much a full body power style setup, squat/bench/deadlift/pull-ups/military press. Focused primarily on strength i would say. It's literally the most pure basic setup but simplicity works! This is almost a beginner routine but i never have done it so i can see lots of benefits on my part for spending 2-3 months doing it improving my form/strength which will pave the way for more muscle growth afterwards!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
It's pretty much a full body power style setup, squat/bench/deadlift/pull-ups/military press. Focused primarily on strength i would say. It's literally the most pure basic setup but simplicity works! This is almost a beginner routine but i never have done it so i can see lots of benefits on my part for spending 2-3 months doing it improving my form/strength which will pave the way for more muscle growth afterwards!
I do this every ten days as I'm forced to take two days off prior and two days off after due to work. 3 - 4 sets 3 - 6 reps slow steady form. Takes about an hour and I'm FOCKED. Good and proper. Has helped my main lifts shoot up in weight.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I do this every ten days as I'm forced to take two days off prior and two days off after due to work. 3 - 4 sets 3 - 6 reps slow steady form. Takes about an hour and I'm FOCKED. Good and proper. Has helped my main lifts shoot up in weight.
Definitely man, control is the name of the game!

HOLY FACK TODAY WAS AMAZING!!

Box Squat 255 x 5 (explosive felt like a feather, will have absolutely no problem busting out a heavy triple on friday)
Military Press 135 x 5 (Gotta work on these felt strong though)
DEADLIFT 405 x 5 PR! My starting lift is already one of the milestones i have wanted to accomplish!! Last time i deadlifted about 4 months ago i struggled with 365 x 1!! Feel EXTREMELY accomplished with this, got it on video too i'll upload it. :)
Core work: Weighted crunches 80 x 20

Funny thing was yesterday my legs were SUPER sore and today i felt pretty good, a little headache this morning and almost nauseous but went away thank god haha

Weight is all over the place! I think the heavy lifting is definitely putting some size on me because i "feel" thicker if that makes any sense. I was around 232/231 yesterday. Everything is going exactly as planned!

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established

Box Squat 255 x 5 (explosive felt like a feather, will have absolutely no problem busting out a heavy triple on friday)
DEADLIFT 405 x 5 PR! My starting lift is already one of the milestones i have wanted to accomplish!! Last time i deadlifted about 4 months ago i struggled with 365 x 1!! Feel EXTREMELY accomplished with this, got it on video too i'll upload it. :)

Funny thing was yesterday my legs were SUPER sore and today i felt pretty good, a little headache this morning and almost nauseous but went away thank god haha

Weight is all over the place! I think the heavy lifting is definitely putting some size on me because i "feel" thicker if that makes any sense. I was around 232/231 yesterday. Everything is going exactly as planned!
Nice workout man!!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards

Awesome workout, keep it going! I'm about to start back up on DAA. Going to do another 3 month run.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice workout man!!
Awesome workout, keep it going! I'm about to start back up on DAA. Going to do another 3 month run.
Thanks guys! Tomorrow i should be close to 300 box squat for 3 reps, maybe 225 bench and weighted pull-ups. :D I completely forgot about pic's too i'll get those taken tomorrow as well!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
Thanks guys! Tomorrow i should be close to 300 box squat for 3 reps, maybe 225 bench and weighted pull-ups. :D I completely forgot about pic's too i'll get those taken tomorrow as well!
Nice man weighted pull-ups are the ish. I remember not too long ago you were doing assisted pull-ups...now that is PROGRESS!! Kill it bro looking forward to the next round of pics.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice man weighted pull-ups are the ish. I remember not too long ago you were doing assisted pull-ups...now that is PROGRESS!! Kill it bro looking forward to the next round of pics.
Hell yeah man i love them!

Todays workout went good, i need to reset bench press though i got too excited and jumped weight too quickly. Next week i am starting at 185 or 195 and going from there. Box squat was 290 x 3 EASY, Pull-ups did 10Lbs x 5. Bench i tried 210 x 3 and got 2 needed help with 3rd. Pic's up later!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
From today, didn't weigh myself though oops! Also something you guys won't be able to see i have veins coming in, They are getting slowly more and more pronounced.

100_1630.JPG

100_1619.JPG

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I don't get how my arms just keep looking bigger and bigger (not like i'm complaining haha) but it's funny how they seem to just look bigger even though i'm leaning out. Gonna hit cardio really hard these next few months to get where i want to be!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't get how my arms just keep looking bigger and bigger (not like i'm complaining haha) but it's funny how they seem to just look bigger even though i'm leaning out. Gonna hit cardio really hard these next few months to get where i want to be!
Not a bad thing at all.
How much cardio are you doing currently?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Not a bad thing at all.
How much cardio are you doing currently?

Well this week i backed off cardio a little bit because i'm squatting 3x a week and doing a full body power routine revolving around bench/squat/deadlift/rows/military press. Wasn't used to lifting heavy so much so this next week i will begin doing more cardio again. I like how i can see my arm "shape" coming in like my tri's are starting to round out and bi's

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Waist is down to 37" compared to 38.5" when i started. So far so good :)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Waist is down to 37" compared to 38.5" when i started. So far so good :)
Great to hear! I've been dealing with small losses and plateaus.. Not much fun lately!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Had to train a day early today cause i'm working a shift for a co worker tomorrow we're only gonna be open 8:30am-2pm 1 shift so i wouldn't be able to train. Today went GREAT and i really mean that. Things are coming together as far as technique/form and proper pre-measures that made me feel stronger.

Did a lot more warming up, started with stair stepper for 3 minutes of just squeezing my glutes/hams/quads to get the "feel" of them and warm them all up. Did some light stretching after as well. Next workout i'm switching to the actual squat rack so i can position my feet a little wider where i feel most comfortable the power rack is good but that little bit will be my sweet spot!

5/27/12
Box Squat: 135 x 5, 225 x 5, 255 x 5, 295 x 5 *Added 5lbs & 1 rep from yesterday with smooth form/technique* *Overall have added 20 POUNDS on my box squat in 1 week with tweaks in technique/form!!*
Bench: 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 135 x 5, 155 x 5, 175 x 5, 185 x 5. Have finally found a "comfortable" grip that does not irritate my shoulder or elbow, I plan on really micro-loading my bench so it will take longer to get bigger numbers but will be safer and more linear progress wise! Also i had to slow down my explosiveness from the bottom which was another factor to my shoulder/elbow irritation. Making it actually a lot harder, i wish i could keep moving fast! :(
Barbell Row: 45 x 5, 115 x 5, 135 x 5, 155 x 5. Had to re-learn this as well. Now i start the barbell from the floor parrallel with my body and try to pull with my middle back, when i started i was messing up and using a grip that allowed me to use my MUCH stronger lats which i get with pull ups. Now that i'm doing it correct with no lower back irritation or shoulder irritation i feel i will really benefit from them now.
Hammer-Wide Grip Pull-Ups: Bw x 5, Bw x 8. WOW my strength on these is going up really really quick, i had a hard time getting 5-6 with close hammer grip so this is a big improvement for me. My goal is 15 with BW and +45Lbs for my 3-5 rep sets.
Rope Crunches: 60 x 15, 80 x 14, 90 x 11/7. Stronger on these as well!
Glute Ham Raise Partials: BW x 10,9,7 FRIED after these!
Weighted Hyperextensions: +25 x 10/10, +35 x 10

From now on i am taking my time with my workouts if the time allows me, I was safer/more warmed up and felt way better. The workout took a lot longer but it's just the time i need. Rushing heavy weights is just asking for an injury and i'd rather stay safe!

Next workout will be Deadlift day with Military Press and Box Squats WEDNESDAY! Going for 415 x 5 :firedevil:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Also the program calls for just a M/W/F split but i notice i am ready in 2 days no problem. I still am going to follow the program, I have added in only pull ups/Glute ham raises but they are extremely necessary as i have already seen benefits from them. I am able to keep my back tighter and utilize my hamstrings more since incorporating them.

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Finally i know there's those people out there who think that you will "lose muscle gains and such you made from bodybuilding splits" ABSOLUTELY BS! I actually have been growing MORE since i started this program. Couple that with leaning out and here comes a great transformation! EGGS alllll day today.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Finally i know there's those people out there who think that you will "lose muscle gains and such you made from bodybuilding splits" ABSOLUTELY BS! I actually have been growing MORE since i started this program. Couple that with leaning out and here comes a great transformation! EGGS alllll day today.
Interesting I've been doing more of a semi-crossfit like routine as I'm trying to slim down and the added cardio to it helps save some time on reg. cardio. Allows me a bit shorter gym trips and I'm looking more for muscle preservation then gains in the muscle currently as I'm not eating enough to truly grow much!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how do u like incorporating crofit like things into a bodybuilding routine, i was always hesitant to try it, i did it for a little bit but dunno how they can work together

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Hell yeah man i love them!

Todays workout went good, i need to reset bench press though i got too excited and jumped weight too quickly. Next week i am starting at 185 or 195 and going from there. Box squat was 290 x 3 EASY, Pull-ups did 10Lbs x 5. Bench i tried 210 x 3 and got 2 needed help with 3rd. Pic's up later!
Log is looking good.. keep up the good work.> I've decided that I am going to not kill myself on heavy lifts 100% of the time for now.... Have to focus on form, and a good squeeze... Looking forward to seeing the updated pics!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Log is looking good.. keep up the good work.> I've decided that I am going to not kill myself on heavy lifts 100% of the time for now.... Have to focus on form, and a good squeeze... Looking forward to seeing the updated pics!
Thanks dude, it's the way to go i don't really go for the squeeze right now as much as use the right technique but when i go back to higher reps i'll do that! The pic's are up at post 82 :)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree you can gain muscle while on a under maintenance calorie diet. That said, if the deficit is too low, no. Jeff Willet was on a radio show a couple years ago and explained this and it made perfect sense to me.
keep up the good work Nick

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I agree you can gain muscle while on a under maintenance calorie diet. That said, if the deficit is too low, no. Jeff Willet was on a radio show a couple years ago and explained this and it made perfect sense to me.
keep up the good work Nick
Jeff Willet is a BOSS. I am just accepting the fact that even with tons of cardio it's going to take some time for me to get as lean as i like. I'm making slow but steady progress still happy with it!

Thanks John

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
GOAL ATTAINED!

Deadlifted 415 x 5 today belt-less again (belting up next week)
Funny thing was i didn't feel as good as last week but my form is awesome now. I found a simple concept by mark rippetoe that works extremely well. Line the bar in the very middle of your foot with your stance. bend over without dropping your hips and take your grip. bend your knees till they come in contact with the bar. Look up and poke your chest out and do a rep. Reset after every rep too, made it way easier and less hard on my back. I'm so pumped! Also my overhead press is at 140 x 6 now which is 5lbs more and 1 rep more than last week. Super happy with how i'm progressing right now, Just picked up a foam roller so i'm using it post workout every time now. I can definitely say my ROM is better with my scapula now so my bench may go up as well. :)

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Another successful day!

6/1/12 Heavy Triples/8's and Accessory work
Box Squat: 300 x 3, 255 x 8
Flat Bench: 195 x 4, 165 x 8
Barbell Row (Same grip width as bench press) 165 x 5, 145 x 8 Used really, really good form on these.
Pull-Ups Hammer Wide Grip: +15 x 5, BW x 10
Chest Dips: -20 x 6, BW x 4
EZ Bar Curls: 65 x 8,5
For the first time i can do SkullCrushers without elbow pain!!
SkullCrushers lockout at angle constant tension on tri's: 30 x 12,10 + Immediately begin pressing for 10-20 partial reps.
Preacher Curl Machine: 70Lbs x 8 + GIGANTIC R/P Drop set total annihilation to end it.

We just got a small preacher curl machine and the cool thing is we don't even have a preacher curl bench so i have been using it on friday for accessory work. Found a "sweet" spot today with bi contractions definitely felt 10x more intense than the EZ Curls. Had an INSANE pump too!

Today marks the last day of Stoked! BUT i am gonna continue this log for the next month as i am running D-AA for a full 2 months :)

Stoked Review:

I definitely noticed and "felt" stoked when i first started it, i had an instant libido boost/better pumps/increased well being. Those 3 combined gave me some incredible workouts to say the least. Paired with intense training and diet i noticed a pretty decent strength increase WHILE dieting and cardio even up to 3x per day. I'd have to say i would definitely, definitely run this again as i really see how well these natural products work.

Will have more comments up, going to eat! :D

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Another great day, i'm really starting to get in the groove of this style of training. Box squat is now up to 300 x 5 a lot easier than i thought today. Bench is up to 195 x 8 which is a PR :) No shoulder or elbow issues either. Barbell row is up to 175 x 5 strict, Pull-ups were a little stagnant so i threw in a few extra sets which should be good enough. Up to 15 GHR partials, i'm gonna have to find a way to make them more difficult since i'm out of ideas right now, I just feel stronger overall. My upper body feels a lot more "dense" my pec's bounce a lot easier too. My chest seems to really really respond to lower reps like 3-5, My bench form is getting so much better too. I control it textbook and i feel very stable now. Overall everything went exactly the way i wanted today, Wednesday is deadlift day again 425 with a belt let's do this shiiit!!!

TurningGreen

TurningGreen

Awards
finaflex_trivia.jpg

Today's Trivia will take place at 7
:00pm Eastern Standard Time...