Tiny is STOKED to get LEAN and MEAN with DAA!! AI SPORTS SPONSORED

Page 10 of 11 First ... 5891011 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    nice explanation of explaing why Dorian yates dead-lifts are the best for bodybuilders. I have done them and I do deads and rack dead, now a days in the same workout, and stiff leg deads, and there are two ways to do these
    1. its the regular way all the way down, with a stetch.

2. yates way- butt all the way out, and down to shins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtevN0SWp-o

either way works and I think its good to do what works best for you and switch exercises up sometimes
    Definitely man that's what it is all about,

Here's the video at around 5:30 he does it and explains it, as ironic as this sounds i literally said the same thing about powerlifting. Makes me think.. i have the champions mind!

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...ktraining.html

Quote Originally Posted by jiggamanbill View Post
    i started doing some sets on the hammer machines to loosen up my muslces... seems to help
    I'll have to give that a shot, my game plan right now is to just focus on DB presses/Dips and Pec Deck. I tried dips for tri's today and it was crazy how insane the pump was! I was using 150lbs of assist too but squeezing to the point i thought my tricep was going to tear haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkypinoy61 View Post
    Im always amazed at how good his form is when he rows 405lbs. Thats some crazy stuff
    He's amazingly strong with super solid form, Wish he would of known when to back off though imagine if he'd gone injury free. He'd be even more insane!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Well leg day today went pretty great.

Low Bar Squat ( today felt pretty strong on these went up to just 2 plates and tried to get back in my form groove ) 225 x 5 x 3
    High Bar Squat ( I feel a lot stronger on these now with normal bar ) 245 x 5 slow reps
    Romanian Dead's 315 x 14 GOOD reps really slow. I prolly could have gotten 16 or so but i like to be cautious with them till my form is ALWAYS perfect. Hit 335 x 5 really really easy too.
    By now i was DEAD like i felt like i was gonna pass out after the set of 315, tried to do Hack squats but i just couldn't get in the groove. Did leg extensions and then moved to...
    Calves, Killed them hard today with Donkey and standing raises.

I want to improve my squat a lot more so i'm gonna have to just work my technique a little more with just the bar before i go. Low bar i really felt stronger but i lost my groove with 225, I know i am a strong squatter somewhere inside of myself i just need to tap into it!

Another note is that if i pinch my shoulders back all the way i feel WAY stronger on Romanians and there is less strain on my lower back. Going to practice this maybe on back day just with 1 plate and see if i can destroy my traps with it.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Im always amazed at how good his form is when he rows 405lbs. Thats some crazy stuff
    its mesmorizing to watch the pros work
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Back from the weekend off and once again 1x a week is bread and butter for me, Here's the improvements!
    High Incline DB Press Last week - 55 x 10, this week 70 x 9!
    Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press Last week - 55lbs per side x 12, this week 80 x 5 and 70 x 12!
    Laterals i tried something new, i try to pull my scapula back so when i do raises i can have a solid platform to do them off. You get a ton more isolation but your weights will drop a little. Did them seated then standing, INSANE PUMP.
    Strict HS Shrugs Standing - 2 plates x 20 reps x 3 sets. Traps definitely are stronger from those high rep romanian deads!
    Calves - Donkey raise went up 40lbs and felt easier with good form, i focus on bringing my heels up rather than pressing with my toes i like how it feels more.

No shoulder pain today too, i actually like to pull my shoulders back and then press because it removes the chest from helping. I know ben pakulski said the opposite but for me i notice if i try to flat press with my shoulders back the entire time that something gets pinched in my right shoulder so i don't do it for chest anymore and just use DUmbbells.

My goal is to hit 80s/90's on high incline press which should be really easy! for those who are wondering what this is i literally put the bench like 2 notches below upright on an incline bench. I feel it is a safer way to do shoulder pressing. I actually feel a lot more stable and i don't feel it in my chest at all because my shoulder blades are held back so there is no shoulder movement from the chest. It isn't a branch warren or johnny jackson style shoulder press though!
    I can't wait to do back tomorrow Also gym shirt fits a lot tighter on chest/shoulders/back now! Up to 234Lbs and i still look the same bodyfat wise, over the weekend i think i lost fat some how. This is just crazy though, legs are still a little sore from deadlifts on friday too.

Also i've started a small shoulder warm up i do every workout and i have no doubt it is helping. I do learning forward laterals with 5lb plates shoulders squeezed back. THen i do leaning external rotation with upper arms held perfectly parallel to ground. Then i go straight to elbow wall slides and shoulder dislocations with a broom handle or band. IT WORKS AMAZINGLY!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

nice tip on the calves, I just tried it out sitting here in my desk and next time I do calves, I am trying it

for my legs I found hack squat and leg press work overall better. That is not to say i don't do squats because I do , moreso in the offseason. I even do half squats , and this works. I still do ass to bottom sometimes. Its all about trying new things and seeing what works for you. Im tall and someone with a different body type may get maximum effects out of squats, i get effects, It seems I get better one, for my body, out of hacks and leg press
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

nice tip on the calves, I just tried it out sitting here in my desk and next time I do calves, I am trying it

for my legs I found hack squat and leg press work overall better. That is not to say i don't do squats because I do , moreso in the offseason. I even do half squats , and this works. I still do ass to bottom sometimes. Its all about trying new things and seeing what works for you. Im tall and someone with a different body type may get maximum effects out of squats, i get effects, It seems I get better one, for my body, out of hacks and leg press
    exactly, well said john

gotta always experiment in the gym lol
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

I believe ya John, for the longest time i did half squats and my legs blew up from them. Now even though i do full squats i just don't see them respond as well. I like the Hack squat/leg press too, glad you like the calve tip. I saw it mentioned in a video and tried it as well it helps you contract a lot better

exactly, well said john

gotta always experiment in the gym lol
    That's the name of the game!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Back from the weekend off and once again 1x a week is bread and butter for me, Here's the improvements!
    High Incline DB Press Last week - 55 x 10, this week 70 x 9!
    Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press Last week - 55lbs per side x 12, this week 80 x 5 and 70 x 12!
    Laterals i tried something new, i try to pull my scapula back so when i do raises i can have a solid platform to do them off. You get a ton more isolation but your weights will drop a little. Did them seated then standing, INSANE PUMP.
    Strict HS Shrugs Standing - 2 plates x 20 reps x 3 sets. Traps definitely are stronger from those high rep romanian deads!
    Calves - Donkey raise went up 40lbs and felt easier with good form, i focus on bringing my heels up rather than pressing with my toes i like how it feels more.

No shoulder pain today too, i actually like to pull my shoulders back and then press because it removes the chest from helping. I know ben pakulski said the opposite but for me i notice if i try to flat press with my shoulders back the entire time that something gets pinched in my right shoulder so i don't do it for chest anymore and just use DUmbbells.

My goal is to hit 80s/90's on high incline press which should be really easy! for those who are wondering what this is i literally put the bench like 2 notches below upright on an incline bench. I feel it is a safer way to do shoulder pressing. I actually feel a lot more stable and i don't feel it in my chest at all because my shoulder blades are held back so there is no shoulder movement from the chest. It isn't a branch warren or johnny jackson style shoulder press though!
    I can't wait to do back tomorrow Also gym shirt fits a lot tighter on chest/shoulders/back now! Up to 234Lbs and i still look the same bodyfat wise, over the weekend i think i lost fat some how. This is just crazy though, legs are still a little sore from deadlifts on friday too.

Also i've started a small shoulder warm up i do every workout and i have no doubt it is helping. I do learning forward laterals with 5lb plates shoulders squeezed back. THen i do leaning external rotation with upper arms held perfectly parallel to ground. Then i go straight to elbow wall slides and shoulder dislocations with a broom handle or band. IT WORKS AMAZINGLY!
    looking good as always. I Love the tips... I'll be giving them a try
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I believe ya John, for the longest time i did half squats and my legs blew up from them. Now even though i do full squats i just don't see them respond as well. I like the Hack squat/leg press too, glad you like the calve tip. I saw it mentioned in a video and tried it as well it helps you contract a lot better

That's the name of the game!
    agreed. I tried the tip today while training calves. I could move more weight, form wasnt as strict though.

back to legs , I say go for half squats if they help blow your legs up. You may get funny looks from the hardcore guys, so what though, its what works for YOU that matters.

check out Ed Nunns form,a tall guy, and he has some awesome quads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7ET2OfoDg
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

agreed. I tried the tip today while training calves. I could move more weight, form wasnt as strict though.

back to legs , I say go for half squats if they help blow your legs up. You may get funny looks from the hardcore guys, so what though, its what works for YOU that matters.

check out Ed Nunns form,a tall guy, and he has some awesome quads http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo7ET2OfoDg
    I'm gonna do them today, i do my dips with abbreviated range of motion too because my shoulder. My chest is full and big so they can just eat their own words. 99% of the time nobody talks to me anyways haha Thanks for the vid, Nunn is INSANE for his weight!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Did legs yesterday, went up a little bit on squats then hit 16 reps with 315 on romanian deads which was really really challenging. I pushed on squats too so i could of possibly gotten 20 if i would of done them first. Anyways everything is going pretty good at this point, bulk is consistant 1.5-2lbs per week.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

I'm gonna do them today, i do my dips with abbreviated range of motion too because my shoulder. My chest is full and big so they can just eat their own words. 99% of the time nobody talks to me anyways haha Thanks for the vid, Nunn is INSANE for his weight!
    hes a super nice guy too... met him a few times
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

I have been doing full range dips then at the end shorter ones. May just try shorter ones, I can move more weight/reps in the shorter ones at the top
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

hes a super nice guy too... met him a few times
    Looks like it from the vid's i've seen

I have been doing full range dips then at the end shorter ones. May just try shorter ones, I can move more weight/reps in the shorter ones at the top
    Those are killer, they will help you blast through plateaus I've done them a few times here and there!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Looks like it from the vid's i've seen

Those are killer, they will help you blast through plateaus I've done them a few times here and there!
    did those dips tonight!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

did those dips tonight!
    You like them? ... Bet you liked the pump haha

Well did back today guys and i swapped out t bar rows for cable rows since i seem to be making small increases on t bar rows like 2-5 reps. Since i swapped in cable rows (seated) i have made really good progress since I've never done them. Weight is already up 30lbs on that exercise with perfect form. Back just POPS out afterwards too i love it! Also added in rest pause on a few sets which took the intensity up another notch! I'm sitting right at 238Lbs right now and making some of the best progress I've ever made. Also found something that works very well for calves: Training them 3x a week every other day, 3 super-sets of Standing Calve raises to Donkey Calve raises then the last set is a drop set on the donkey raise followed by bodyweight calve raise + 1 lonnnnnnggg ass stretch. I can actually see a noticeable difference now and i'm set on it for now. Still working on forearms though, there has been some small progress but maybe i need to do super sets for them as well.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Pretty sure i mentioned it already but the powerhouse i am training at was Steve Kuclo's gym before he turned pro and moved to Texas. It's badass looking at the power rack seeing the quote: Don't just win, DOMINATE ~ Steve Kuclo IFBB Pro. Inspires me every time!

18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

It's been a while, you still working on leaning or gaining?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Pretty sure i mentioned it already but the powerhouse i am training at was Steve Kuclo's gym before he turned pro and moved to Texas. It's badass looking at the power rack seeing the quote: Don't just win, DOMINATE ~ Steve Kuclo IFBB Pro. Inspires me every time!

hell of a quote
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

The guy is a beast!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    It's been a while, you still working on leaning or gaining?
    Currently i'm trying to gain and lifting heavy, for the first time i did the 90lb db's on flat bench today for 8 reps (got 5 last time) body weight didn't change though so i may need to eat a little more.

hell of a quote
    I know right? The cooler thing is that the lady working the front counter is awesome and said she'll call me if he comes in so i can meet him!

The guy is a beast!
    Hell yeah! Strong as hell too

Did chest today and made some notable improvements, my dips improved dramatically despite being my 2nd exercise after flat dumbbell press where i hit 90's for 8 (got 5 last workout) Did a really long negative last rep as well. Hitting my stride very well now
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Currently i'm trying to gain and lifting heavy, for the first time i did the 90lb db's on flat bench today for 8 reps (got 5 last time) body weight didn't change though so i may need to eat a little more.

I know right? The cooler thing is that the lady working the front counter is awesome and said she'll call me if he comes in so i can meet him!

Hell yeah! Strong as hell too

Did chest today and made some notable improvements, my dips improved dramatically despite being my 2nd exercise after flat dumbbell press where i hit 90's for 8 (got 5 last workout) Did a really long negative last rep as well. Hitting my stride very well now
    I met him a few months ago in Pittsburgh... was a nice guy... but then again, all of the guys I have met have seemed top notch and friendly
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Well guys i hit my first big goal today which was 315 x 20 Romanian deadlift, i seriously cannot put into words how much more difficult it is to gain 4 reps on a big lift as opposed to 2 reps. I had a solid 10 minutes where i couldn't catch my breath. Today i came up with a better approach that i will utilize for my romanian's which will be more sets. Doing 1 set ALL OUT is really really hard and is mentally nerve racking just thinking about it so i'm going to aim for 3-5 sets of 365 x 6-10 next week. Slow and controlled, i still want to hit 20 reps but i want the 20 reps to not be so difficult that i have to worry about my form. Doing the lift heavier for more sets should train my nervous system more efficiently and still receive massive responses of hypertrophy since i will still be around 10 reps. Once i hit 10 on 1 set i'll start aiming for sets of 12-15 and so forth.There was absolutely no way i was going to be able to squat after these today, so i did INSANELY intense Rest/pause sets with leg extension and seated leg curl. I had to stumble around after that, squats are amazing but for right now i'm doing my own thing. I am literally getting comments that i look bigger everytime someone see's me at work. I even got accused of gear use from the subway i go to regularly. I am without a doubt gaining a lot of quality size, this has been the first time i have consistently trained heavy without any issues. I will be taking another week off in about 2 weeks though. I feel doing it really re-set my body and it fully recovered, then i made excellent gains in both size and strength.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

great to hear man, seems like you never hit a plateu!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Well guys i hit my first big goal today which was 315 x 20 Romanian deadlift, i seriously cannot put into words how much more difficult it is to gain 4 reps on a big lift as opposed to 2 reps. I had a solid 10 minutes where i couldn't catch my breath. Today i came up with a better approach that i will utilize for my romanian's which will be more sets. Doing 1 set ALL OUT is really really hard and is mentally nerve racking just thinking about it so i'm going to aim for 3-5 sets of 365 x 6-10 next week. Slow and controlled, i still want to hit 20 reps but i want the 20 reps to not be so difficult that i have to worry about my form. Doing the lift heavier for more sets should train my nervous system more efficiently and still receive massive responses of hypertrophy since i will still be around 10 reps. Once i hit 10 on 1 set i'll start aiming for sets of 12-15 and so forth.There was absolutely no way i was going to be able to squat after these today, so i did INSANELY intense Rest/pause sets with leg extension and seated leg curl. I had to stumble around after that, squats are amazing but for right now i'm doing my own thing. I am literally getting comments that i look bigger everytime someone see's me at work. I even got accused of gear use from the subway i go to regularly. I am without a doubt gaining a lot of quality size, this has been the first time i have consistently trained heavy without any issues. I will be taking another week off in about 2 weeks though. I feel doing it really re-set my body and it fully recovered, then i made excellent gains in both size and strength.
    love rest pause sets
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    great to hear man, seems like you never hit a plateu!
    It does have a toll on my mindset sometimes though, like hitting the 315 x 20 i was having almost anxiety before hand and feeling knots in my stomach/high heart rate. I almost couldn't control it which freaked me out a little bit. If i can find a way to harness it into pure confidence and mental strength rather than nervousness, i can see my lifts getting insanely better. It is a hard mentality to establish and even harder to maintain. Then the saying "No Fear" comes into my mind because being confident about a lift can make a worlds difference.

love rest pause sets
    Me too, they are super intense too!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

It does have a toll on my mindset sometimes though, like hitting the 315 x 20 i was having almost anxiety before hand and feeling knots in my stomach/high heart rate. I almost couldn't control it which freaked me out a little bit. If i can find a way to harness it into pure confidence and mental strength rather than nervousness, i can see my lifts getting insanely better. It is a hard mentality to establish and even harder to maintain. Then the saying "No Fear" comes into my mind because being confident about a lift can make a worlds difference.

Me too, they are super intense too!
    Great way to help break plateaus.... sometimes you need constant tenstion, some times you need the rest pause... can do heavier weight, so your body can get used to moving that weight.... keep at it!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Well guys i did a little expirement with creatine HCL, last night i took 2 scoops of Creacore by muscletech which is 3.5 grams and today i without a doubt had a bunch of personal records on back. I felt stronger the entire workout as well, It is literally a night and day difference. I was able to bang out more reps with heavier weights, i felt like i had "more gas" in the tank so to speak. I've been on creatine monohydrate forever and i was skeptical about Creatine HCL being THAT much better as they claimed. I believe it now though, I woke up at 237Lbs and i look the absolute best i have ever looked at this weight. I can see the outline of my abs i really don't understand how but i want to figure it out so i can take notes and have a game plan for super efficient bulking.

*Still bulking for the record, my body is trying to recomp or something hell idk*
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  210 lbs.

Well guys i did a little expirement with creatine HCL, last night i took 2 scoops of Creacore by muscletech which is 3.5 grams and today i without a doubt had a bunch of personal records on back. I felt stronger the entire workout as well, It is literally a night and day difference. I was able to bang out more reps with heavier weights, i felt like i had "more gas" in the tank so to speak. I've been on creatine monohydrate forever and i was skeptical about Creatine HCL being THAT much better as they claimed. I believe it now though, I woke up at 237Lbs and i look the absolute best i have ever looked at this weight. I can see the outline of my abs i really don't understand how but i want to figure it out so i can take notes and have a game plan for super efficient bulking.

*Still bulking for the record, my body is trying to recomp or something hell idk*
    damn our bodies for being so smart!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

damn our bodies for being so smart!
    lol exactly
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. tiny's 3 MONTH HGHpro LOG OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!! (Sponsored)
    By thetinyguy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  2. Kleen's AI Sports Z3 and STOKED Review
    By MrKleen73 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 07:20 PM
  3. Tiny is on FIRE with AppNut's LIT-UP/DRIVE! (Sponsored)
    By thetinyguy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 369
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM
  4. Replies: 521
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 10:25 PM