COMPOUND 20 SOLO Log - Clemenza

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza
    Compound 20 Before Pics (5/3/12) (3 Days In):

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 128"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 129"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 130"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 131"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 132"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 133"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57 134"/>

    My main goals this month with Compound 20 and continuing my cut is to continue losing the lower ab fat as well as the sides and really tone it up. As well as maintain and add muscle if possible. Also looking to bring up traps and delts as these have been weak points for me lately due to neck injury.
    Do it bro!


  2. GL man

    ive been on c20 for 1.5 months now and its great, recovery is much faster and i dont even need a preworkout. get an awesome pump with it.
    when i started i was at 170lbs and 15% BF. on a 2300cal/day diet, a month in i was 174lbs and 14% bf.
    i decided to cut and started a second cycle on a low carb diet 1800cal/day. bout 50/50 cals from fats and protein. 1 carb loadin day.
    helped me shed so much water weight too and my vascularity is more visible. ive retained a lot more muscle than my last years cut.
    2.5 weeks in, im now at 167lbs and 12.5%bf
    •   
       


  3. Strong 1st post.....here we go again (where's that emoticon that rolls his eyes)

    Yo Clem, Looking solid buddy. Shred up and you'll look wicked! Good luck buddy
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Strong 1st post.....here we go again (whee's that emoticon that rolls his eyes)

    Yo Clem, Looking solid buddy. Shred up and you'll look wicked! Good luck buddy
    Word...lol
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  5. Thank you guys for the support!! It definitely helps keep the motivation. Still got a good amount of tightening up to do until I'm happy. With my diet, cardio, intense training, Compound 20 this month, and Erase Pro/DAA for June/July (which I'm really pumped for), I should be good. If not, I'll be really disappointed with myself.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
    •   
       


  6. Day 4:

    Woke up at 6:00 AM. My apartment building has a small but really nice gym on the top floor. So no need to hit the gym today, just went upstairs and did 30 minutes on the eliptical. Threw down 2 scoops of Modern BCAA Fruit Punch during cardio. Stuff tastes great!

    Took the day off from lifting. Going to start a new routine next week, still just not 100% on what type. Any suggestions feel free to throw them at me.

    Low carb day today. Ended the day at 120g carbs and 350g protein. Trying to get it up to 400g protein, but tough as hell.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Low carb day today. Ended the day at 120g carbs and 350g protein. Trying to get it up to 400g protein, but tough as hell.
    Damn, 400 grams at 195? Thats a ton of protein.


    If your cutting why you trying to eat so much?
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

    Damn, 400 grams at 195? Thats a ton of protein.

    If your cutting why you trying to eat so much?
    Trying to keep calories slightly under maintenance. That way I can gauge how effective compound 20 is. also not in a position where I need to lose too much fat in a short period of time. I drop my protein on higher carb days. But you may be right, 2x per lb may be excessive.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  9. Sup Clem, with all due respect, I agree with Ax1

    "Excess" protein not only converts to sugars (thereby negating some of your low carb activity), but it can be toxic, cause a lot of stress and inflammation in the body (again, at significantly excessive doses) along with other issues. The acidity alone is problematic IMHO.

    I speak from experience. I used to be a disciple of the bro-logic high protein diet (~75% of my k/cal at one point).

    I was determiend to get peeled and gain lean mass at the same time, etc

    I ended up a chubby bloated unhealthy mess with kidney stones (the chronic acidicty was to blame IMO).

    I'm approaching 220 these days and very lean and get in 175-200 grams of protein (excluding BCAAs)

    Everyone is different
    ; just giving you some things to chew on

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Damn, 400 grams at 195? Thats a ton of protein.


    If your cutting why you trying to eat so much?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Sup Clem, with all due respect, I agree with Ax1

    "Excess" protein not only converts to sugars (thereby negating some of your low carb activity), but it can be toxic, cause a lot of stress and inflammation in the body (again, at significantly excessive doses) along with other issues. The acidity alone is problematic IMHO.

    I speak from experience. I used to be a disciple of the bro-logic high protein diet (~75% of my k/cal at one point).

    I was determiend to get peeled and gain lean mass at the same time, etc

    I ended up a chubby bloated unhealthy mess with kidney stones (the chronic acidicty was to blame IMO).

    I'm approaching 220 these days and very lean and get in 175-200 grams of protein (excluding BCAAs)

    Everyone is different
    ; just giving you some things to chew on
    Whacked, I really appreciate the advice.

    That's unreal! Never really knew about the acidity and inflammatory issue with high protein.

    It's funny you say that though, because toward the end of two straight low carb/high protein days, I notice I become flatter (from the low carb), but also BLOATED! I'm guessing this is from the excess protein.

    I am aware of protein converting to sugars and gluconeogenesis. I've just been afraid to go too low on calories. On low carb days I end up with around 100g carbs, and 350-400g protein. That's 1850-2000 kcal, which leaves me needing around 70g fat to bring it up to 2630 kcal. Didn't really want to get lower than that.

    But do you recommend I up my carbs or my fat on those low days, if I'm going to drop protein down to around 200g?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  11. Clem

    Some responses from MY lessons in life only. These may not pertain to you.

    1) The bloat you are experiencing "could" simply be due to a simple digestive issue (lack of necessary enzymes/proteases to deal with such high volume protein intake). That's an easy fix w/the addition of digestive enzymes (and maybe some betain HCL-debateable) and perhaps some probiotics (more comprehensive/ancillary suppport)

    That said, it could also be what I already mentioned as well (acidity/inflammation). Google acid/alkaline diets/lifestyles and you will find a plehtora of research to support my position on the negative cascade of effects from a chronically acidic (high MEAT) diet. Disclaimer: If you also eat a variety of very alkaline foods with each meal like most greens are, you might be able to better balance the acidic environment.

    With respect to you going al the way down to 200 overnight - perhaps you should start at 250-275 and see how your body responds? Some do "ok" with higher levels (however, I am not convinced they arent causing other issues internally).

    2) With respect to the macro's. That's more of a personal trial and error thingy that Im not sure anyone can advise for your unique situation and needs. Lowering carbs doesnt work for everyone and Im a low carb disciple who has fostered this lifestyle for 10_ years so Im prejudice based on my experiences. Also, macro needs (protein), is one thing I think the individual should assesss as well. Again, I used to eat liek you (thanks to all the wonderful "GURU" advice) and wrecked myself int he process. Live and learn.

    Im in my 40's so an old fart now and only do about 2500 k/cal a day on average. Again, 200 grams of protein MAX (lots of BCAA's).

    I train 6 days a week in the AM and 6 cardio sessions in the PM (I have a very sedentary desk job so the "cardio" doesnt really count per se as it would for the normal joe).

    3) I concur with your sentiment/position regarding going too low in carbs. Two options IMO. Up the BCAA's (pre/peri/post training) as these are effective anticatabolic/muscle-sparing supps. Increase your healthy fats. Some days, I get 250 grams of fats in my diet and stay lean. It's a brain game though because we have been so brainwashed into believing fats make you fat. These days, I get a copious dose of coconut, almonds and macedemia nut oil in my diet. I actually feel "energized" (probably more so from the coconut/MCT's)

    I hope some others chime in and offer other/alternative insight as I dont want to see you replicate my regimen as it may/may not not be ideal for you.

    Good luck manggg


    Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Whacked, I really appreciate the advice.

    That's unreal! Never really knew about the acidity and inflammatory issue with high protein.

    It's funny you say that though, because toward the end of two straight low carb/high protein days, I notice I become flatter (from the low carb), but also BLOATED! I'm guessing this is from the excess protein.

    I am aware of protein converting to sugars and gluconeogenesis. I've just been afraid to go too low on calories. On low carb days I end up with around 100g carbs, and 350-400g protein. That's 1850-2000 kcal, which leaves me needing around 70g fat to bring it up to 2630 kcal. Didn't really want to get lower than that.

    But do you recommend I up my carbs or my fat on those low days, if I'm going to drop protein down to around 200g?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Clem

    Some responses from MY lessons in life only. These may not pertain to you.

    1) The bloat you are experiencing "could" simply be due to a simple digestive issue (lack of necessary enzymes/proteases to deal with such high volume protein intake). That's an easy fix w/the addition of digestive enzymes (and maybe some betain HCL-debateable) and perhaps some probiotics (more comprehensive/ancillary suppport)

    That said, it could also be what I already mentioned as well (acidity/inflammation). Google acid/alkaline diets/lifestyles and you will find a plehtora of research to support my position on the negative cascade of effects from a chronically acidic (high MEAT) diet. Disclaimer: If you also eat a variety of very alkaline foods with each meal like most greens are, you might be able to better balance the acidic environment.

    With respect to you going al the way down to 200 overnight - perhaps you should start at 250-275 and see how your body responds? Some do "ok" with higher levels (however, I am not convinced they arent causing other issues internally).

    2) With respect to the macro's. That's more of a personal trial and error thingy that Im not sure anyone can advise for your unique situation and needs. Lowering carbs doesnt work for everyone and Im a low carb disciple who has fostered this lifestyle for 10_ years so Im prejudice based on my experiences. Also, macro needs (protein), is one thing I think the individual should assesss as well. Again, I used to eat liek you (thanks to all the wonderful "GURU" advice) and wrecked myself int he process. Live and learn.

    Im in my 40's so an old fart now and only do about 2500 k/cal a day on average. Again, 200 grams of protein MAX (lots of BCAA's).

    I train 6 days a week in the AM and 6 cardio sessions in the PM (I have a very sedentary desk job so the "cardio" doesnt really count per se as it would for the normal joe).

    3) I concur with your sentiment/position regarding going too low in carbs. Two options IMO. Up the BCAA's (pre/peri/post training) as these are effective anticatabolic/muscle-sparing supps. Increase your healthy fats. Some days, I get 250 grams of fats in my diet and stay lean. It's a brain game though because we have been so brainwashed into believing fats make you fat. These days, I get a copious dose of coconut, almonds and macedemia nut oil in my diet. I actually feel "energized" (probably more so from the coconut/MCT's)

    I hope some others chime in and offer other/alternative insight as I dont want to see you replicate my regimen as it may/may not not be ideal for you.

    Good luck manggg
    Very interesting. Two years ago I did the Scivation Lean Mass diet, not sure if you're familiar with it. It was the most effective diet I've ever done. Effective in the sense that I dropped fat, retained muscle, my skin looked fantastic, and I had consistant energy.

    The diet focused on a moderate protein (about 1g per pound) and much higher fat. Proteins coming mainly from whole food sources, fats coming from avacado, almonds, almond butter. High fiber. Two pieces of fruit and green beans/spinach/brocolli were the only carbs. As well as a re-feed every 4th night I believe, consisting of oats, honey, raisins and sweet potato. Plus high BCAA's. And the funny thing is I was never really "flat" because the refeed would hold me over for 3 days. And my muscles would suck the carbs right up.

    Basically, I looked great and felt great. But it's SOOOOOO hard to follow. But I was consistant with it for a few months and it was amazing.
    The idea behind the spinach and greens was to keep the an alkaline PH I believe.

    I'm going to try and few different things, like slowly bringing my protein down. I currently use 10g BCAA during my workout. I will up it and include extras pre and post along with my whey.

    Just picked up a huge bag of green beans from Costco.

    Amazing you can maintain at a solid 210 lbs on 2500 kcals.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  13. I didn't choose to advise on your diet as you seem set in your ways but I personally don't see a point in a TCD. Eat 1.4-1.8 g/kg protein daily, 1 g/kg ish fat, and the rest for your maintenance/deficit in carbs daily. Azotemia, I believe, is the term for acidic blood due to excessive protein intake. Realistically, anything over 1.2g/lbs is highly unnecessary according to repeated studies (notice kg vs lbs throughout this post) in terms of protein intake. Protein will AT BEST account for 10-12% of total energy expenditure for a day and that's during extreme cases (which yours may be).

    Do a refeed once you're two weeks deep into a cut; however, you aren't necessarily cutting hard so I wouldn't even recommend one -- maybe once every second/third week at best and see how your body responds.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by neddo
    I didn't choose to advise on your diet as you seem set in your ways but I personally don't see a point in a TCD. Eat 1.4-1.8 g/kg protein daily, 1 g/kg ish fat, and the rest for your maintenance/deficit in carbs daily. Azotemia, I believe, is the term for acidic blood due to excessive protein intake. Realistically, anything over 1.2g/lbs is highly unnecessary according to repeated studies (notice kg vs lbs throughout this post) in terms of protein intake. Protein will AT BEST account for 10-12% of total energy expenditure for a day and that's during extreme cases (which yours may be).

    Do a refeed once you're two weeks deep into a cut; however, you aren't necessarily cutting hard so I wouldn't even recommend one -- maybe once every second/third week at best and see how your body responds.
    +/- Correct on the azotemia, it is kidney insufficiency/failure in the face of high nitrogen rich compounds in the blood (not to be confused with rhabdomyolysis). You would have decreased and funky colored urine with it. I can see where ridiculous protein intake would cause this, but you would have to have a lot o digestive enzymes to break down all that meat so the byproducts would then wind up in the bloodstream. Just my.02. Otherwise this post is spot on Neddo, the 1.2gm/lbs is what I have read too
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html

  15. Neddo and Sae: good stuff, thanks for sharing!

    Clem: That diet sounds almost identical to what I run!!

    You said you felt great on it. I think you answered your own questions
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  16. Quote Originally Posted by sae2110

    +/- Correct on the azotemia, it is kidney insufficiency/failure in the face of high nitrogen rich compounds in the blood (not to be confused with rhabdomyolysis). You would have decreased and funky colored urine with it. I can see where ridiculous protein intake would cause this, but you would have to have a lot o digestive enzymes to break down all that meat so the byproducts would then wind up in the bloodstream. Just my.02. Otherwise this post is spot on Neddo, the 1.2gm/lbs is what I have read too
    I've heard the extreme circumstances encasing azotemia and the extreme rarity of it but figured it'd still be worth a mention.
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Neddo ~ Forum Representative
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/genomyx/

  17. Great insight guys. I've already started making some changes today. I'm going to be including more greens, lowering overall protein intake, and upping the BCAA's.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  18. Day 5:

    Did a high rep, low weight, short rest interval upper body lift today. I mentioned earlier I'm gonna shake my routine up this coming week. So just ending this week with a little blood flow. Will do a light lower body tomorrow.

    Also did 30 minute walk on a 9 incline at 3.3 mph.

    After all the good input I got from you guys, I decided to go lower on the protein and change a few things with the diet.

    Here's exactly what I ate today:

    Meal 1 (Pre workout): 8 oz. OJ / 25g Dymatize Elite (30g C / 25g P)
    (2 Caps C20)

    Intra Workout: 20g Carbs Gatorade powder w/BCAA (20g C)

    Meal 2 (Post workout): 50g carb from Malto/Gatorade powder / 50g Dymatize Elite (50g C / 50g P)

    Meal 3 (1 Hour Follow PWO meal): 1 Cup Oats w/Cinnamon / 5 Eggs (55g C / 35g P / 25g F)

    Meal 4: 1/2 cup Brown Rice / 7 oz. Grilled Chicken (60g C / 40g P)
    (2 Caps C20)

    Meal 5: 1 cup Green Beans / 6 oz. Turkey Burger (35g P / 8g F)

    Meal 6: 1 cup Green Beans / 1/2 cup Brown Rice / 7 oz. Grilled Chicken / 1/4 cup Almonds (60g C / 40g P / 16g F)

    Totals: (275g C / 230g P / 49g F) = 2461 Cals.

    Fat was low today. Usually have 1/4 cup almonds with at least 2-3 meals daily.

    How do you guys feel about including fats with protein/carb meals? I've heard so much back and forth about this over the years. I've never had a problem combining carbs with fat. Interested in your opinions though.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    To each their own I have studies performed to argue otherwise; but you listen to your body and mold your diet and intake around it, and I can respect that.



    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5728391&page= 1

    I'd opt for Genomyx Slin sane or SLINTropin, personally. Possibly even MAN's new GDA.

    I use SS before high carb meals UNLESS post-workout (as I do IF, so most of the time my biggest intake is post-lift and SS is largely a waste in this state) and every night before bed.
    Not sure about this but SLINTropins write up for berberine looks stikingly similar to mine without citations and a few big words...

    ill be following your log

  20. Tear it up mangg

    PS: With the modifications to your diet, you WILL lose bodyfat so be sure to appropriately credit THIS as part of any recomp/fat reduction results when you give your summary on C-20

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Great insight guys. I've already started making some changes today. I'm going to be including more greens, lowering overall protein intake, and upping the BCAA's.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Tear it up mangg

    PS: With the modifications to your diet, you WILL lose bodyfat so be sure to appropriately credit THIS as part of any recomp/fat reduction results when you give your summary on C-20
    Well that's the thing. I refuse to let this log turn out to be a "Well he changed his diet, he added this and added that, so we can't conclude his results came from Compound 20" type log.

    I don't want many variables to change, other than the inclusion of Compound 20. So, I'm going to go back to what I was doing with Alpha T2... carb cycling at just around maintenance, but with higher carbs and less protein.

    I was going over old articles and threads and read a few things from Chuck Rudolph recommending 1.6-3.2g protein /kg. So I'll be taking your advice and keeping protein lower as I was last month. Only thing is, I usually drop carbs, but will keep them a little higher for the sake of not dropping the cals too much.

    I want this thread to show whether or not Compound 20 works, without question or doubt.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post

    How do you guys feel about including fats with protein/carb meals? I've heard so much back and forth about this over the years. I've never had a problem combining carbs with fat. Interested in your opinions though.
    Ive low carb dieted for over a decade, I dont see any real issue with consuming fats with protein and carb meals. Its not a big deal imo.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  23. Day 6:

    Woke up this morning suprisingly leaner and pumped. Carbs were at 275g yesterday and I believe slightly over 120g the day before. Usually I'd be rather flat and a little bloated today. The bloat may not have been there because I kept protein at 230g rather than up around or over 300g.

    But the pump I had all day today was a little unusual. Not ready to contribute it to Compound 20 Yet.

    I did a light / high rep lower body today. Very good pumps in my legs.

    My diet was almost exactly the same as yesterday, but I upped the fats to bring calories up.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  24. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Ive low carb dieted for over a decade, I dont see any real issue with consuming fats with protein and carb meals. Its not a big deal imo.
    I've never had a problem with it either. I know Berardi over the years has changed his stance on it and now says it's fine. I've even read evidence of the fat slowing down the release of the carbs and lowering the glycemic load.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Not sure about this but SLINTropins write up for berberine looks stikingly similar to mine without citations and a few big words...

    ill be following your log
    Were you carried at more e-tailers, I would've already purchased your GDA. Love the profile, and the anecdotal reports.

    @fats - Realistically, don't worry about timing of nutrient intake on any level. I fast for 16-20 hours a day, and go ham on food at night. Fat's not gonna hurt, and you don't want it really low either. I haven't seen a need for anything over 1.8g/kg protein, and that was sufficient for football players training 2x daily as well as resistance training -- fwiw. Understandably, slightly increasing it (2.8g/kg or so) during a slight cut/beneath maintenance intake would be the safe thing to do.

    Don't worry about weight shed and attribution to the drug at hand yet; but as mentioned, a macro-change should be at least mentioned in your final review. A calorie is a calorie, so you shouldn't see a terrible, acute change in weight loss either IMO.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Day 6:

    Woke up this morning suprisingly leaner and pumped. Carbs were at 275g yesterday and I believe slightly over 120g the day before. Usually I'd be rather flat and a little bloated today. The bloat may not have been there because I kept protein at 230g rather than up around or over 300g.

    But the pump I had all day today was a little unusual. Not ready to contribute it to Compound 20 Yet.

    I did a light / high rep lower body today. Very good pumps in my legs.

    My diet was almost exactly the same as yesterday, but I upped the fats to bring calories up.
    I'm on day 2/ starting 3.

    How's it going for you man?

  27. Quote Originally Posted by rome32 View Post
    I'm on day 2/ starting 3.

    How's it going for you man?
    I'm a week into C20 so far.

    Just subscribed to your log. Good luck, I'll be following. I hope we both see some results with this stuff!
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  28. Day 8:

    First of all, I couldn't get on last night to update Day 7. The site was down for maintenance. Monday was a complete off day for me anyway. Ran low carb at 100g. Protein was at 250g.

    Today, I woke up and after two days low carb and off from training, I was looking smaller but my muscles abnormally tight and pumped. Usually after two days off and two days low carb I'm flatter and even slightly bloated. This morning there was no bloat, and like I said my muscles looked smaller (as they would normally from two days off and two low carb days), but with a pump. Very interesting.

    Before breakfast I weighed in at 192.3 lbs. (-2.7 from my start of C20 a week ago.)
    This is nothing out of the ordinary. My calories have been lower, been doing cardio, and lower carbs than usual last week (and lower protein!) my glycogen is depleted so I'm holding less water. After backloading my carbs tonight so I'm betting my weight will be back up tomorrow morning.

    I'll be weighing myself every Tuesday. I'm not a huge (scale/weight) guy. I like to use the mirror as my main determining factor for gains. But will use the scale as well for this log.

    Also, I'll be doing a 2 on 1 off split and doing each muscle every 6 days rather than 7.

    Day 1: Abs/Back/Legs
    Day 2: Shoulders
    Day 3: Off
    Day 4: Abs/Arms
    Day 5: Chest
    Day 6: Off
    Repeat Day 1, etc.

    Back/Legs
    Pull-ups 4x15
    Seated Chins (Legs parallel to floor) 10x8x8x6
    Cable TBar Rows 15x12x10 + Drop Set-10
    Deadlift 185 3x15
    Hack Squat 185 4x15
    Leg Curl 4x15
    Seated Calf Raise 90 3x12

    Cardio:
    25 min walk @ 3mph @ 9 incline. HR @ 140.

    Workout was VERY good today. Usually I'm flat in the gym after two days off and low carbs, but I had a very nice pump. I've noticed this since starting Synthetic Supplements Agmatine at 1g Pre Workout.
    Endurance was suprisingly higher as well today. Especially cardio, I could have kept going but pressed for time.

    Did deadlifts and squats today for the first time in 3 weeks. Wanted to go light, even though my neck and back are feeling pretty good. Just don't want to take any chances. Will go up in weight next back/leg day if I'm still feeling good. I'll also be mixing up my reps and incorporating some power and strength sets, so long as I don't feel any pain coming on.


    Diet

    1) 1 1/2 scoops Dymatize Elite / 8oz. OJ / 2 Slices Ezekial Bread (40g P / 60g C)
    2) 5 XL Eggs (35g P / 25g F)
    3) 6 oz Grilled Chicken / 1/4 cup Almonds (40g P / 16g F)
    4) (Pre-W) 1 scoop Dymatize Elite / Watermellon (25g P / 30g C)
    Intra-W - 15g BCAA / Gatorate Powder (20g C)
    5) (Post-W) 2 scoops Dymatize Elite / Malto/Gatorade Powder (50g P / 40g C)
    6) 6oz. Turkey Burger / 3/4 cup Brown Rice / 1 cup Asparagus / 1 Tbspn Olive Oil (40g P / 90g C / 20g F)
    7) 5oz. Grilled Chicken / 1/2 cup Brown Rice (30g P / 60g C)

    260g P / 300g C / 61g F = 2789 kcal


    This is as high as I'm going to be taking my protein. I would have liked to get in more carbs today, maybe up to 350.


    So, basically it's been a week on Compound 20. Weight is down almost 3 pounds, but I attribute this to my diet.
    Like I mentioned earlier, I do feel more pumped and tight the past two days. More than I usually would on low carb and not training for two days, and no Agmatine for two days.

    Interesting to see if this continues and if it is the Compound 20 kicking in.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  29. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Not sure about this but SLINTropins write up for berberine looks stikingly similar to mine without citations and a few big words...

    ill be following your log
    Glad to have you aboard.

    I'm actually interested in your Recompadrol. I'm really fascinated with GDA's as I believe certain ones can be beneficial for so many different purposes. There's no doubt in my mind that using certain GDA's properly one can offset future degenerative diseases, as many are caused by insulin/blood sugar problems. I've even seen type 2 diabetics halt insulin injections with the help of chromium polynicotate and vanadyl sulfate.

    I myself am a HUGE fan of Anabolic Pump (high % corosolic acid) for increase in glycogen storage. I also find Vanadyl Sulfate along with Chromium Polynicotate FANTASTIC for keeping blood glucose low while eating higher GI carbohydrates. I've done the tests myself and found these two work remarkably.

    In regards to Recompadrol, I am wondering what the reason is for including ALL of those ingredients and how can they all possibly work synergistically? Also, your opinion on Vanadyl Sulfate and whether or not it induces GLUT 4 translocation in muscle similar to corosolic acid?
    I've use Vanadyl for for cheat meals, but used to use it as a GDA. Strangely, sometimes I would notice ridiculous pumps and glycogen storage, but sometimes it would leave me totally flat, disposing of glucose completely. I believe it may be a timing of dosage issue, but I'm not sure.

    Your thoughts?
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Glad to have you aboard.

    I'm actually interested in your Recompadrol. I'm really fascinated with GDA's as I believe certain ones can be beneficial for so many different purposes. There's no doubt in my mind that using certain GDA's properly one can offset future degenerative diseases, as many are caused by insulin/blood sugar problems. I've even seen type 2 diabetics halt insulin injections with the help of chromium polynicotate and vanadyl sulfate.

    I myself am a HUGE fan of Anabolic Pump (high % corosolic acid) for increase in glycogen storage. I also find Vanadyl Sulfate along with Chromium Polynicotate FANTASTIC for keeping blood glucose low while eating higher GI carbohydrates. I've done the tests myself and found these two work remarkably.

    In regards to Recompadrol, I am wondering what the reason is for including ALL of those ingredients and how can they all possibly work synergistically? Also, your opinion on Vanadyl Sulfate and whether or not it induces GLUT 4 translocation in muscle similar to corosolic acid?
    I've use Vanadyl for for cheat meals, but used to use it as a GDA. Strangely, sometimes I would notice ridiculous pumps and glycogen storage, but sometimes it would leave me totally flat, disposing of glucose completely. I believe it may be a timing of dosage issue, but I'm not sure.

    Your thoughts?
    Hey man,

    Glad you are interested. I created this product soley for the using in diabetics, but in doing so i found theres much use for these mechanisms in this industry. Ill certainly take you through my reasonings of why i chose what i chose.

    All the ingrients i use are related to increasing glucose uptake via multiple pathways that interact with glut4 translocation. *AMPk activation, PI3k (insulin pathway), PPARa agonizing*

    These all work together very well the problem with it is it is not very selective. But with the addition of things like berberine, Corosolic acid, ect it decreases Akt somewhat to reduce adipogenesis. This is good because once fat cells multiply you cant really get rid of them, but you can shrink them. That what the PPARy antagonists/partial agonist, Akt inhibition, and ACL inhibition is there to aid in.

    So by adding the others *ppary antagonist, ACL inhibition, Akt inhibition* you can reduce the uptake some what in adipose cells, but not completely. so this is why together it created something pretty nice

    As far as the pumps. I find GDAs to be best used either with an intraworkout shake, like one USP labs described as the mass monster, i believe, or taken pre meal then waiting about 2 hours before hitting the gym. Thats when i find the pumps most pronounce

    Heres the write up

    Check the sources and read through the spots you find interesting.

    Back to compound 20, i hear good things. i like your logs. Very thorough
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 4wk P6 Red Solo Run
    By Hustlers in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 12:44 AM
  2. 1-T Solo Log
    By machine528 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 04:12 AM
  3. 1-T and Me, Solo run
    By Grambo in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 01:14 PM
  4. 1,4-ad solo
    By HammyAbeer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Log in
Log in