AE and Licogenix....time to recomp (Sponsored)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A big thanks to JD and Athletix for providing me the opportunity to log this. Let me start with a little background.

I am 35 (36 at the end of the month) 5'11" and weighed in at 204lbs. I have been lifting since the late 80's, so I have a pretty consistent routine that I use that has provided me with solid results. Here is my workout routine:
Monday: Shoulders/Calves
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: back/bis
Thursday: chest/tris
Friday: shoulders/quads/hams
Saturday: back
Sunday: chest/tris

Let me be a bit forthcoming about my legs. I can only work them every now and again. This is at my doctors request. Evidently years ago I destroyed a nerve that travels through my pelvis/hip area into my left thigh. When I do squats consistently, I either lose feeling in my leg entirely or get this annoying burning sensation that typically wakes me up in the middle of the night. I do try to get creative however, so I might vary that around a bit as I go. Additionally, with my job (High School Administrator) I am up at 3:45am and always hit the treadmill prior to lifting. Usually 40+ minutes on the highest incline (12%). Fortunately, I have all the equipment in my basement, so it works well. :) Just to make this a little easier, my philosophy for my lifting style since I started so early, is to lift as heavy as I can as often as I can. So my workouts will be throwing around as much weight as I can.

I am usually pretty strict with my diet and supplementation. I eat clean almost always, outside of a possible cheat on Saturday nights when my wife and I typically go out. Here are the supplements that I will be using in conjunction with Licogenix:

Orange Triad
Protean
Amino Energy mixed with DiCM
Shift at night
Gut Health
Caffeine tabs (SNS) in the am

One aspect I will be noting right off the bat will be a comparison between Lico/Erase/Erase Pro. I am just finishing EP this Saturday, which is why I will be starting on Sunday. I am interested to test this based on what I have seen the last 30 days.

My log will officially start on Sunday, at which time I will add before pics to see any physical changes.

Really looking forward to this, and cant wait to get started.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
photo-48.jpg
Here is the before pic, taken about 5 minutes ago on 3/11. I apologize for my wife's makeup bag in the front

photo-51.jpg
Here is the final pic from 4/6 Weight was 205lbs as of this am

Final thoughts:
Strength: nothing really noticeable here. On one side, my strength was stable throughout, no real heavy peaks or valleys.

Body comp: big shine here. Weight is increased a bit, and pants are looser. Vascularity was up as well as noted previously. I am quite pleased overall on this end of lico

Joints: Really? If you have followed my log, you know where I stand on this. This was the most pleasant surprise out of anything from this log. It truly felt like a joint supp. I am actually disappointed to be done, and also concerned that I will regress from a joint perspective

Overall: This is a very solid AI. Similar to Erase in terms of body comp, but yet not as strong as Erase Pro. With 6-bromo, Inhibit E and Erase Pro, my joints suffered a bit. Lico counters that well. For the price at NP ($29.99) I would highly recommend this, and will be purchasing a bottle on my own.

This adds a new wrinkle to the AI market and one that will serve Athletix quite well.

Thank you again Athletix and JD

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd. Let's see what this stuff can do!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AE14,

I just finished 8 weeks of Erase Pro and I am waiting 4 weeks to cycle out and cycle back for another 8 week run of Erase Pro.
Does Licogenix need to be cycled ? Is it OK between Erase Pro runs ? Too much AI without cycling ?

Maybe I will get that answer from following your log.

Sub'd.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like it can be a pain in the ass, I've been dealing with back issues for over a year now so I def understand how frustrating it can get when stuff like this gets in the way of training. I wish you the best and can't wait to see the effects of Licogenix :D

AE14,

I just finished 8 weeks of Erase Pro and I am waiting 4 weeks to cycle out and cycle back for another 8 week run of Erase Pro.
Does Licogenix need to be cycled ? Is it OK between Erase Pro runs ? Too much AI without cycling ?

Maybe I will get that answer from following your log.

Sub'd.
Yeah thats way too much, thats 5 months on an AI, take the break, run your ErasePro again, than make sure to take another break, maybe up to 8 weeks after the next bottle, than start Licogenix.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That sounds like it can be a pain in the ass, I've been dealing with back issues for over a year now so I def understand how frustrating it can get when stuff like this gets in the way of training. I wish you the best and can't wait to see the effects of Licogenix :D
Thanks man. Funny enough, I was a teenager when it started and my damn doc told me it was just my belt was too tight. What a jackass.

Really looking forward to seeing what this can do.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man. Funny enough, I was a teenager when it started and my damn doc told me it was just my belt was too tight. What a jackass.

Really looking forward to seeing what this can do.
The things some Doctors say lol

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yeah thats way too much, thats 5 months on an AI, take the break, run your ErasePro again, than make sure to take another break, maybe up to 8 weeks after the next bottle, than start Licogenix.
Cool. Thanks for the response. Still very interested in how your log goes.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
Keen to know your comparism of licogenix to erase and erase pro, have you tried any other otc ais?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used 6 bromo as well as inhibit e.

Lico has my attention due to its other properties.

I took my last erase pro this am, so tomorrow the fun begins.

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
kool, interested in your honest comparism to erase

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first dose is down after my typical sunday morning run on the treadmill. Went for 46 minutes at the highest incline. Thank goodness for the ID channel as it keeps me fascinated for the entire time.

Weight at the start of this am was 202lbs. Will take a pre pic shortly.

Today is chest and tris, which I will do this afternoon, and if I have some more energy, maybe another treadmill jaunt.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Subbing.curious to see compared to erase/pro

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd post updated with before pic

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a real nice chest and tri workout today. Here is the run down

Incline bp warmup (4 sets) sets @ 185 for 5 reps
Flat bp (5 sets) 315lbs 2 reps <hit the wall hard here>
Push Press (3 sets) 275lbs
Incline flys (4 sets) 65lbs sets of 8

JM press (5 sets) 225lbs rep range of 5-7
Close grip bp (4 sets) 225lbs <again got fried to hell at this point>

Went back on the treadmill for 30 minutes again at 12% incline

Nothing of note yet from the licogenix. Will hit the second dose with dinner tonight

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will try. However, it enlarges on my iPad when I click on it

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks man, Sunday's are always a "heavy" day for me.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, just finished my morning workout.....

Shoulders
Arny Presses (4 sets) 65lbs sets 8-10 reps
Seated db laterals (4 sets) 30lbs*
Seated rear laterals (4 sets) 30lbs*

*=superset

Calves
Standing calf raises (8 sets) up to 225lbs sets of 15
sadly I need to wear a belt for this due to back issues

Nothing of note yet, hit the treadmill prior to the lift, which is my means of waking up as early as I do.

I do feel good however, regardless of the early hour.

Have a LONG day at work today, wont be home till 10pm tonight. Will update if anything to note during the day

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
ok ae im coming in here and stomping all over your thread! God is Lord!!!!!! ha muahahahaha..... im jk ae.... im sure you remember me. glad to see your doing a log, I know im late but will be watching for results my friend. :)

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
but on a serious note. how experienced are you with ais?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As has been taught to me by the great Flying Spaghetti Monster, all are welcome ;)

In terms of my experience, I actually started thinking back to it, and didnt realize that I had tried as many as I did.
Erase, Erase Pro, IBE Formex, 6-bromo, Inhibit E, Formadrol Extreme

The only popular one that I have not had a chance to try has been triazole, but Lico is quite intriguing to me as a result of the joint and antioxidant properties.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something to note....this is ay 2 so I am not source if this is from Liz or not, but my forearms are more vascular than normal. I am actually just sitting in my office right now, and with my sleeves rolled up its an awesome site (for me)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
today is an off day, so no workout to report. Did take my first dose this morning with my shake. Will note any news today

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nothing of note from the off day. Tomorrow morning is back and bi's with some cardio. Will note the workout in the am

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have a good back and bicep workout tomorrow :D

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout went well this am.

Back
alternating grip pullups (9 total sets) 3 underhand, 3 wide grip, 3 behind the neck
db rows (4 sets) 75lbs sets of 12 (my db's max at 75lbs)

Bi's
hammer curls (5 sets) 45lbs sets of 8-10
seated incline (5 sets) 40lbs sets of 7-8

Will write down more of my thoughts in a little bit.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, finally a little time to sit and give some thoughts.

Thus far, the most noticeable aspect has been a large increase in vascularity. I will weigh in tomorrow to check, but I have not noticed anything towards my recomp goals (still sooooo early).

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, finally a little time to sit and give some thoughts.

Thus far, the most noticeable aspect has been a large increase in vascularity. I will weigh in tomorrow to check, but I have not noticed anything towards my recomp goals (still sooooo early).
Thats so awesome to hear because this is something many of the beta-testers commented on:)

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I already have Erase Pro ready to go in 3 weeks. I am now tempted to try Licogenix in place to see what it's like. Hmmmmm.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
my vascularity hasnt changed but can def notice a leaner midsection

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to see the comparison,will be doing it myself :) without "mywifes" makeup bag ;)

ahahaha, can't wait to hear your thoughts as well. Hey where those new girls at? lol Athletix Girls FTW!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ok a couple of quick things...

pants are fitting looser around the waist even though my weight was the same at 202lbs as of this am. Strength is right on, no increases or decreases, and vascularity is way up. :woohoo:

Here is this am upper chest

Incline BP (8 sets) sets at 225lbs rep range 8-12
Incline DB press (4 sets) 75lbs range of 10-12
Incline flys (4 sets) 60lbs sets at 8

The fact that the weight is the same and my vascularity is improving, tells me that there is a little less water and I am leaning out a tad :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a few brief observations today:
  • Does lico have diuretic properties? I began to notice it yesterday, but it was far more pronounced today. I work in a school where we run a block schedule (almost 90 minutes periods). I have to pee and the start and end of every block. Damn
  • My temperature is definitely up. It was somewhat chilly this am (in the 40's) and I was still sweating. I am now in my office with the window open, as I am a sweaty pig.
So the thoughts to me are, somewhat thermogenic, diuretic, along with the joint and ai properties.

Very cool indeed

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a few brief observations today:
  • Does lico have diuretic properties? I began to notice it yesterday, but it was far more pronounced today. I work in a school where we run a block schedule (almost 90 minutes periods). I have to pee and the start and end of every block. Damn
  • My temperature is definitely up. It was somewhat chilly this am (in the 40's) and I was still sweating. I am now in my office with the window open, as I am a sweaty pig.
So the thoughts to me are, somewhat thermogenic, diuretic, along with the joint and ai properties.

Very cool indeed
Not that I am aware of, but I do notice when I get on AI's the first week I feel like it acts some what as a diuretic and bye bye water retention lol

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here was the morning workout for shoulders. Altered things a little bit due to time constraints. Used a more giant set approach

Shoulders:
BTB BB Shrugs (5 sets) 275lbs sets of 10
Side laterals (5 sets) 30lbs
Rear laterals (5 sets) 30lbs

These 3 exercises were in giant format. Meaning, each set was completed with no rest. Once that "set" was done, I gave myself 60 seconds and went again. Exhausting.

I also did my morning cardio for 40+ minutes

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
What day are we on with lico now, what was your starting weight 202 still the same?

Have you noticed any drying effects like holding less water or is it to early?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started on Sunday, so this is day 6 for me. I wouldnt say drying per se, I have been a peeing machine :)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
going to be lifting shortly. changing the schedule a bit as I am having a daddy/daughter day of golfing this afternoon then dinner :thumbsup:

Will update the log with my back/bi day

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a good early workout today, then got beaten at golf by my 9 year old

Back
Rack pulls (5 sets) 2 sets 495lbs 3 reps per
T Bar Rows (5 sets) up to 4 45's 8 reps
DB Rows (5 sets) 75lbs sets of 10
BTN pull ups (4 sets) sets of 8-10

1-arm preacher bench (5 sets) 35-40lbs sets of 10
BB Curls (5 sets) sets at 105-115 8 per

Vascularity seems to get more pronounced by the day, which is obviously a great positive. Strength is status quo, will be checking weight tomorrow morning. Also, I did notice that even with my belt I was having trouble keeping my shorts up during mini golf. That must have been the reason I was so terrible ;)

miniarnold

miniarnold

Awards
no drying effect from the peeing then?
what was your starting weight?

So for now you would say your a tad leaner or perhaps to early days?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I definitely believe I am leaner, but I also acknowledge that it is only 1 week in, so as long as I keep my diet in check over the coming weeks, I should be good. Also, I am noticing that my joints are feeling slightly better. Not nearly as achy. At 35, I have had many operations, all of which have taken a toll, and I am let with fairly severe arthritis in my shoulders and upper back/neck. I am not struggling with it at the moment, so I do not feel like an ancient at this point

I will say, that I have already started thinking about the following 4 weeks after this log. Let me get some thoughts on this

Licogenix, Titanium, Division 1, DAA caps

That would be a lot of fun I think

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
normal early am cardio, no great change there. Weight this am was 201, again nothing too noticeable. Looking forward to another "big" chest day today

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting workout today, as I became fixated on certain exercises and seemed to spend longer than I possible should have on them.

Chest
Floor Press (8 sets) 2 sets @ 275 3 reps
Incline BP (8 sets) 225lbs sets of 8 raised the incline from my last workout to hit the UC more
Flat flys (4 sets) 60lbs sets of 8

Triceps
JM Press (10 sets) 2 sets at 250lbs :woohoo: 4 reps
1arm db extension (4 sets) 35-40lbs sets of 6-8

Tri's are pumped to hell, which is a great thing. I was surprised at how easy I moved 250 on JM Presses. Happy overall, also hit the treadmill again for a little more of a sweat.

Tomorrow is shoulders and I will see how my lower back is prior to deciding on legs