The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Page 5 of 28 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    We can all be beaten, David - just depends what we DO about it when it happens! Sundays are my SCHEDULED day OFF ALL training - I have learnt to have them, and ALLOW it (the hardest part, because your mind always thinks that doing nothing is detrimental - when in fact, doing nothing IS doing SOMEthing, and that something is helping with RECOVERY!), my body thankful for it.

I couldn't do NO carbohydrates - even as I am with Lyle's "diet", I am still having them, and my "refeed/cheat" days have been my usual high-high carbohydrate intake. As has been reiterated by me (and others TO me) many times in the past, I am one of those people who does WELL on high carbohydrates and NOT so great withOUT them! But, if that's what YOUR body needs, you have my full support!

As I said to Rick, "I don't know if my body can physiologically get to 7% bodyfat (given that essential bodyfat for a female is 8-12% bodyfat, although some can get under), but I DO I know I can get to 7.8% - I just want to take it that step further, know what I mean. Anyways, it's all about improving on what we are, and this is one way of doing it."

Yes, some of that is "soothing" to me as well. It all depends on my mood as to what I find "soothing" on any given day

Definitely - bring on next week. There are BIG changes just around the corner!!!

I like the second one.

~Rosie~
    I shouldn't have said no carbs, it is a reduced carb diet, 7 small meals a day, every 21st meal is a 120 gram carb up. As far as music I do find odd songs soothing, its more cathartic than soothing I guess, as they help me work my feelings out there by soothing them. I also like classical music, and Nora Jones or Sade are very soothing in their own right
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Regarding being beaten, to me being beaten doesn't mean you have lost, it means you have given up, I will never give up, therefore I cannot be beaten. Cannot see you giving up either therefore...... you get the idea

3. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I shouldn't have said no carbs, it is a reduced carb diet, 7 small meals a day, every 21st meal is a 120 gram carb up. As far as music I do find odd songs soothing, its more cathartic than soothing I guess, as they help me work my feelings out there by soothing them. I also like classical music, and Nora Jones or Sade are very soothing in their own right
    Gotcha

Regarding being beaten, to me being beaten doesn't mean you have lost, it means you have given up, I will never give up, therefore I cannot be beaten. Cannot see you giving up either therefore...... you get the idea
    Yeppers

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

I don't know all this dang cardio has me feeling like Jim Carey in Liar Liar in the bathroom scene. "What are you doing???" "I'm beating the hell out of myself" love it.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    I don't know all this dang cardio has me feeling like Jim Carey in Liar Liar in the bathroom scene. "What are you doing???" "I'm beating the hell out of myself" love it.
    I start my cardio again tonight, After the hellacious leg workout I had it won't be easy. More pr's broken getting stronger every work out. I have a love hate relationship with leg day. Oh my how it hurts and oh my how I enjoy the pain. Long squat workout today. But a joyous one, the squat rack is the least used piece of equipment in my gym. Oh it it used but not for its intended purpose. Its used to hold the bar for curling or to lean on. But almost never for squatting. So many top heavy guys walking around big arms and big chests no legs. Like living Johnny Bravo's. I don't mean sissy quarter and half squats I mean breaking parallel feeling all of the weight crushing you and you pushing it back, showing it you cannot be crushed despite its relentless onslaught. Yeah workouts can be a battle Squats are a freaking war.

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

I haven't done squats in a while due to shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago. I did legs today after 2.3 miles on treadmill. 6 plates on leg press then leg ext then lying leg curls. Im could barley walk in the front door of my house, but wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.

7. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

"Beating the hell out of myself" is something I am used to, LOL - but hey, if it works, it works!

I start my cardio again tonight, After the hellacious leg workout I had it won't be easy. More pr's broken getting stronger every work out. I have a love hate relationship with leg day. Oh my how it hurts and oh my how I enjoy the pain. Long squat workout today. But a joyous one, the squat rack is the least used piece of equipment in my gym. Oh it it used but not for its intended purpose. Its used to hold the bar for curling or to lean on. But almost never for squatting. So many top heavy guys walking around big arms and big chests no legs. Like living Johnny Bravo's. I don't mean sissy quarter and half squats I mean breaking parallel feeling all of the weight crushing you and you pushing it back, showing it you cannot be crushed despite its relentless onslaught. Yeah workouts can be a battle Squats are a freaking war.
    Nice, David! Breaking PRs - you're doing a great job! Yeah, I don't miss doing Legs, LOL - and I have learnt how to manipulate my training so that I can get growth withOUT doing them, which is cool. Many males like that, but, if they don't want balanced physiques, who are we to judge - after all, not everyone is in the gym to take it SERIOUSLY. "Crushed despite its relentless onslaught...a battle...a freaking war" - those are FIGHTING words, my friend, and BRING IT ON!!!

I haven't done squats in a while due to shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago. I did legs today after 2.3 miles on treadmill. 6 plates on leg press then leg ext then lying leg curls. Im could barley walk in the front door of my house, but wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.
    Yeppers!!!

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

My attitude is that it is the movements that are the hardest on me and that I hate the most that do me the most good. This is my feelings about squats and deads. Especially hitting those Boring but Big (running 5/3/1) 5x10's after going heavy.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Never Surrender

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You've got the power to make choices… Your life is the manifestation of the choices you make each moment and each day. When you use this awesome gift to your best advantage, there is nothing you can't do." - Donna Fargo

For the complete Motivational, review You've Got... | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 20 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 x 50 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    d. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Rear Delt Flyes 2 x 10
    4. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet D -
    7. Plate Hammer Raises 2 x 10
    8. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. Plate Lateral Raises 6 x 15
    10. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet F -
    11. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (on bench, reaching down 4 inches with the BB) 6 x 10
    12. Skip 6 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 104-108 rpm

Stretch 25 min

Session 2

Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

NO sleep last night - given that Sunday is the ONLY day I "allow" myself to "sleep in" or my body to "catch up" on any sleep it "misses" throughout the week, I didn't get up for almost half a day later than I usually would, LOL, enjoying the feeling of waking and just lounging and drifting back in and out of sleep (a rarity for me, since most Sundays my body still wakes on the clock to 0330 and won't go back to sleep)...Anyways, ready as anything for HIIT this morning. No beanie today, since it’' been so humid the last week (think wearing it was contributing a little to my light-headedness during training last week, too). Sprints were good, albeit not as explosive as they were in starting off last week, but endurance was definitely there and I ended up doing several longer sprints towards the end of the session...Brisk walk to the gym and straight down to business, wanting to get resistance training over as fast as possible, since I was feeling a little nauseous after HIIT (and had a first training session with a new client about the time I got back to the hotel after my own training). Behind-the-neck BB Military Press was painful for me today, so not a lot of changes here from last week, although I was not able to do as many for the first set as I was last week. Skipping after sets of the former was fine - calves looking decently defined. To "make up" for my lack of strength with Behind-the-neck BB Military Press, I upped my Rear Delt Flyes weight by 15 pounds. BB Military Press was a little better than its rear counterpart, but "matched" the reps to the latter. Skipping fine, delt definition coming out nicely. Did Plate Hammer Raises today, to hit my lateral delts a little more (as well as anterior), and also because I was getting light-headed about this time - painful, but manageable. Almost tripped on one set of skipping here, but "caught" myself. Instead of doing Single-Arm Lateral Delts today, just did them together, with a little lighter weight than last week (and plates, not dumbbells), but with a faster tempo, to feel more of a burn. Having to really concentrate on my skipping after each set, slower and then faster to keep myself "on my toes". Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts were fine - stretching down lower, with no sore mid to lower back as there was last week. Relieved to finish and just get on the Recline Bike for 20 minutes...Slept for an hour from ~1030 and that was it for the day. After last week's evening cardio sessions, knowing how much the 7-mile runs took out of me, decided to make those ones on Wednesday and Saturday - when no resistance training in the morning, and do 20 minutes on the Recline Bike on Monday and Friday evenings pre-bed. As it was, when it came time to do my evening cardio session, it was raining outside, so down to the hotel Fitness Room it was anyways. Wore a hoodie, to make sure I got and stayed hot (instead of a beanie). Right from the start, right superiomedial knee was very painful and throbbing (even afterwards - for quite a long time), and it was just determination NOT to not do it and keep going that got the session done...NEVER SURRENDER!!!

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Never Surrender!!! DANG Straight girl!! Awesome post as always. I don't see how you have the energy for your volume of cardio! I'd have to take a hit of crack to do half that jk haha.

11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Tearin' it Up Rosie!

Recoverbro
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Never Surrender!!! DANG Straight girl!! Awesome post as always. I don't see how you have the energy for your volume of cardio! I'd have to take a hit of crack to do half that jk haha.
    It's not that much - just intense, LOL. Whether energy or not though, it just gets done because it HAS to be! NO excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Tearin' it Up Rosie!
    Tryin' to, bud! Tryin' to make sure I can SLEEP tonight!

~Rosie~

13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    It's not that much - just intense, LOL. Whether energy or not though, it just gets done because it HAS to be! NO excuses!

Tryin' to, bud! Tryin' to make sure I can SLEEP tonight!

~Rosie~
    I hear you on the energy or not. I was not at all in the mood for legs today I was tired and unmotivated, somehow after the first set of warm ups the motivation hit me. The energy I didn't have was all of a sudden available and with reserves. That is why I always go to the gym even on days I really don't want to and sometimes it is on those days that my workouts really shine.

And Rosie, regarding judging the top heavy guys that never work legs....I know that its not my place to judge, I just feel that they do not work them because it is hard. If it were easy I am sure that they would have legs that balanced out their upper bodies. I mean seriously chest and arms are fun to work compared to squats. I'll withhold my judgement from here on in. I am just all about the aesthetic, but that is me. I shouldn't pass judgement because they don't see it that way.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Changed

The iron sits there in silent opposition

Unchanging in position

Its challenge ever present
    To my will it won't be bent

I push and strain, I grunt and groan
    But the iron still sits there like a stone

No matter how vicious my assault may be
    I cannot change the iron the iron changes me

By me Yesterday

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Rosie sounds like you are having some good weeks. I can't even imagine how lean you are right now. I bet you look AMAZING!!!!

I need to get myself back down around 7, and am starting it now. Here is a link to my new log for Fat Free, I know you wanted a link when I started it.

Come and support me as I FORCE MYSELF TO GET LEAN AGAIN with the help of AppNut Fat Free! I haven't had a serious plan to cut like this one in quite some time expecting great things here.

KLEEN gets Lean with Fat Free! An App-Nut Sponsored Log

Thanks,
    KLEEN!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  16. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

I hear you on the energy or not. I was not at all in the mood for legs today I was tired and unmotivated, somehow after the first set of warm ups the motivation hit me. The energy I didn't have was all of a sudden available and with reserves. That is why I always go to the gym even on days I really don't want to and sometimes it is on those days that my workouts really shine.

And Rosie, regarding judging the top heavy guys that never work legs....I know that its not my place to judge, I just feel that they do not work them because it is hard. If it were easy I am sure that they would have legs that balanced out their upper bodies. I mean seriously chest and arms are fun to work compared to squats. I'll withhold my judgement from here on in. I am just all about the aesthetic, but that is me. I shouldn't pass judgement because they don't see it that way.
    Funny how it works like that - the days you're not "feeling it" and do it anyway are sometimes the day you can have the best sessions!

Re the "top heavy" guys, sometimes, yes, it can be because they do not like training legs because it is too hard. Or it could be that they are simply training for something different altogether. That said, you never know what a person's body has been through or their story, and some may not be able to do it because of past injuries or other such issues. In the end though, their choices are their own, just as ours are.

Changed

The iron sits there in silent opposition

Unchanging in position

Its challenge ever present
    To my will it won't be bent

I push and strain, I grunt and groan
    But the iron still sits there like a stone

No matter how vicious my assault may be
    I cannot change the iron the iron changes me

By me Yesterday
    Powerful and profound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Rosie sounds like you are having some good weeks. I can't even imagine how lean you are right now. I bet you look AMAZING!!!!

I need to get myself back down around 7, and am starting it now. Here is a link to my new log for Fat Free, I know you wanted a link when I started it.

Come and support me as I FORCE MYSELF TO GET LEAN AGAIN with the help of AppNut Fat Free! I haven't had a serious plan to cut like this one in quite some time expecting great things here.

KLEEN gets Lean with Fat Free! An App-Nut Sponsored Log

Thanks,
    KLEEN!
    "Good" weeks may not be quite the right word, Chris, but things are slowly starting to happen, yes. Thank you I'm lean, but not lean to me, and I know you know what I mean - I guess when I am finally satisfied with my waist to iliac spine, then I will be "adequate" for me...

I KNOW you can and WILL get back there and you know I'm in there supporting you. FAT FREE is something I have [silently - for the most part] observed - anything from Dirk works, so will be interesting to see how it treats you, since I know your nutrition and training are already "perfect" for you.

~Rosie~

17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Keep up the good work Rosie. Your stuff on facebook is motivating
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  18. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Keep up the good work Rosie. Your stuff on facebook is motivating
    Thanks, John

~Rosie~

19. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

My Body WILL Fall In Line!

Catch Your Star by Shannon M. Dickinson

Catch the star that holds your destiny -
    the one that forever twinkles in your heart
    Take advantage of precious opportunities
    while they still sparkle before you
    Always believe that your ultimate goal
    is attainable as long as you
    commit yourself to it
    Though barriers may sometimes
    stand in the way of your dreams
    remember your destiny is hiding behind them
    Accept the fact that not everyone
    is going to approve of the choices you make
    but have faith in your judgement
    Catch the star that twinkles in your heart
    and it will lead you to your destiny’s path
    Follow that pathway and uncover the
    sweet surprises that await you
    Take pride in your accomplishments
    as they are steppingstones to your dreams
    Understand that you may make mistakes
    but don’t let them discourage you
    Value your capabilities and talents
    for what they are make you truly unique
    The greatest gifts in life are not purchased
    but acquired through hard work
    and determination
    Find the star that twinkles in your heart
    for you are capable of making
    your biggest dreams come true
    Give your hopes everything you’ve got
    and you will catch the star
    that holds your destiny

TRAINING

Tuesday

Skip x 1,200 revolutions

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
    2. Dips 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
    3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
    5. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 8, 8, 6, 6
    TriSet C -
    7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10
    8. Standing DB French Press 4 x 6
    9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet D -
    10. Rope Crunches 4 x 20, 15, 15, 10
    11. Ab Rollout 4 x 15
    12. Pikes (on bench) 4 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 106-108 rpm

Stretch 20 min

Surprising turn of events today. At 0140 I was STILL NOT asleep, although I felt like I was close, so took half a scoop of G8 then (all other "pre-bed" supplements taken well earlier on Monday - before I had >4,500 calories because for some random reason I was STARVING and CRAVING like no one's business, which was well outside my Lean Gains 8-hour feeding window, yes, but eh; spankings later). Don't remember too much not long after that, knowing I passed out before 0200! Anyways, I slept solidly through to 1536, when I was woken by a text - so an UNinterrupted ~13.5 hours sleep! CanNOT even remember the last time that happened! Awesome in that I got the sleep - body must have needed it desperately after last week (and rightly so), but NOT awesome in that it kind of screwed up my day as far as training (good thing it wasn’t a day where I have scheduled a pm cardio session) and supplement doses, etc. Not to be deterred, I decided to wait until a LOT later on to do my training, and headed to the gym ~2200 for it...There were still quite a few people there at that time, although it was nearly empty by 2300 (and far less people than at ~0530 in the morning!). Anyways, started out with skipping, adding to what I did last week, ignoring my right ankle, which felt tender and like it was going to roll...Then onto the weights - what I was looking FORWARD to. Able to do more reps today on Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls, which was good, since I have been struggling with these badly the last few weeks. Dips I just went low on, and stopped when the pain in my right anterior delt became TOO sharp. Skipping fine between, although finding my feet were "dragging" a little. Used the weight I STARTED at last week re Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls and was able to do 12 reps on all four sets, so stoked about that! Vascularity by this point was like wow, my delts and arms - forearms especially - looking DRY and covered in blue spider lines. Despite that, I found myself getting quite frustrated during the skipping, coming close to growling aloud at one point, so annoyed was I at myself. Increased the weight on V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs and managed well there. Increased my weight from last week re DB Zottoman Curls by five pounds, managing six reps on each set before having to dropset down to last week's weight, forearms so pumped and tight that it was an effort even at the lighter weight! DB French Press was fine, although the last rep on the last couple of sets was an effort. The way my delts look when I'm skipping gives me something to aim for when I am RELAXED. Abs' triset was effective - changed the Plank for Pikes, feeling every single one, my left hip POPPING in and out terribly each time I lowered my legs though, which is NOT cool (that hip has been bad for a long time, but been gradually getting worse over the last few weeks, so much so that it affects me when doing Rope Crunches!) I was sweating a lot almost from the start, especially since I chose to wear a beanie throughout my resistance training, but didn't let it bother me...Finished off on the Recline Bike, legs surprisingly fresh and able to spin a little faster. Walking around afterwards, I felt like I was walking on air!...The walk back to the hotel was pleasant. I definitely prefer walking in the dark with the roads almost deserted to during the day. Calming and peaceful on the mind...Stretched when I got back to the hotel...

Wednesday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 10 min

Session 2

Run 7 miles @ 5.3 min/mile pace

Stretch 10 min

All-nighter from Tuesday (since I was only walking home from the gym after Tuesday's training not long after midnight!)...Had to walk back to the gym for a client at 0500 and felt completely shattered when I got there, just wanting to be curled up in bed asleep. But, got through, and on the way back to the hotel did my HIIT - albeit only eight sprints today, not managing them well, my right ankle giving me a little issue (from all the skipping on Tuesday), cutting it short instead of going for 20 minutes, figuring it'd be ok (and probably help with recovery a little too)...Closed my eyes at ~1745 and slept for an hour, woken by a text. Just feeling so completely shattered, my body aching all over, going for a 7-mile run is the LAST thing I wanted to do, but damn it, I WILL do what I have to. Besides, it's a beautiful day outside. So, headed off for my run, legs dragging, breathing shallow. At the 11-minute mark my right knee started seizing up on me, but I kept on going, trying to push myself HARDER, only to have my left shin start with shooting pains not too long after I'd turned at the half-way mark. Assaulted by things I would rather forget, I forced my body to a faster pace, but was only able to manage it for a while, angry at myself for not being able to hold it. VERY relieved to see the hotel and, if you can fall UP stairs, that's what I did back to my room, my legs screaming for the relief that stretching brought, my right knee in agony all over by then...

20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie, I applaud and respect your warrior spirit, yet I worry for you at the same time. You push through pain I wish you wouldn't. Pushing through excruciating muscle pain, here, here I am all for it and all on your side. Pushing through Knee and shoulder pain, any joint and tendon pain. That is a dangerous choice to make(I know, I have the scars re-attached bicep and titanium button to prove it). Careful with those knees. And Good Job on the workout..Great and impressive gains..Now take care of yourself dammit!

21. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie, I applaud and respect your warrior spirit, yet I worry for you at the same time. You push through pain I wish you wouldn't. Pushing through excruciating muscle pain, here, here I am all for it and all on your side. Pushing through Knee and shoulder pain, any joint and tendon pain. That is a dangerous choice to make(I know, I have the scars re-attached bicep and titanium button to prove it). Careful with those knees. And Good Job on the workout..Great and impressive gains..Now take care of yourself dammit!
    Don't worry about me, David. Physical pain I am used to and pushing through it is nothing, so much more preferable to other pain. I have dealt with my knee pain for years now - it is something that will never go away, and since I can do nothing about the condition of my knees (except, if I want no pain, to avoid exercise that causes it - which is NEVER going to happen), I soldier through. My shoulders I have been ignoring since 2006, but after last year, I am a little more careful with them (since I do not want what happened to my right to happen to my left and put me out of training for more time!), but that is a small concession...Thanks Today is going to be another finishing around midnight training session and all-nighter...

~Rosie~

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Rosie for some odd reason I kept seeing spankings in your post lol. I feel yah on the shoulder. I had knee pain couple years back, and when I started loosing weight it vanished. My shoulder though is no where near back to normal.

23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Don't worry about me, David. Physical pain I am used to and pushing through it is nothing, so much more preferable to other pain. I have dealt with my knee pain for years now - it is something that will never go away, and since I can do nothing about the condition of my knees (except, if I want no pain, to avoid exercise that causes it - which is NEVER going to happen), I soldier through. My shoulders I have been ignoring since 2006, but after last year, I am a little more careful with them (since I do not want what happened to my right to happen to my left and put me out of training for more time!), but that is a small concession...Thanks Today is going to be another finishing around midnight training session and all-nighter...

~Rosie~
    I don't know how you do it, but keep on keeping on. No nothing that will keep you out of training that is no fun at all. I look forward to your update. I am still trying to figure out why my bicep it sore after a push work out chest shoulders and tri's ? Makes not sense. Perhaps it is having sympathy pains for my triceps which I totally fried! Do what you do and tell us all about it. Worrying is what I do best

24. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Rosie for some odd reason I kept seeing spankings in your post lol. I feel yah on the shoulder. I had knee pain couple years back, and when I started loosing weight it vanished. My shoulder though is no where near back to normal.
    Maybe because I mention them, LOL...I feel ya, bud. My shoulder/s will never be "normal", I don't think - all I can do is try to remember to be "nice" to them...

I don't know how you do it, but keep on keeping on. No nothing that will keep you out of training that is no fun at all. I look forward to your update. I am still trying to figure out why my bicep it sore after a push work out chest shoulders and tri's ? Makes not sense. Perhaps it is having sympathy pains for my triceps which I totally fried! Do what you do and tell us all about it. Worrying is what I do best
    There's nothing ELSE to do, David!...Perhaps you used it during an exercise and didn't realize it? Or it could be an effect from an injury...DON'T worry! STOP worrying! But yes, I will - headed to the gym in a few minutes!!!

~Rosie~

25. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

I'm standing on the outside...looking in...

"Even the strongest looking men and women fall sometimes!...Reality hits, we have to look deep inside and face realities and truths that are hard to swallow...you begin to find yourself, your purpose on this earth and it is most likely going to get harder before you break through. But when that shift happens the sheer strength in freedom, peace, and serenity is breath taking...Thank you God for sending me to that place so I can see the beauty in this one!" - Ben Booker

For the complete Motivational, review We All Fall | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Thursday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet A -
    1. Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows 5 x 12, 12, 8, 8, 8 per side
    2. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on DB) 5 x 8
    3. Skip 5 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. Supinated Bent Over BB Rows 4 x 12
    5. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 8
    TriSet C -
    7. Supinated Lat Pull-Downs 2 x 12, 8
    8. Cable CrossOvers 2 x 12
    9. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet D -
    10. Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows 1 x 8 per side
    11. Cable Flyes 1 x 10
    12. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:

Stretch 20 min

Dosed G8 at 0029 this morning and was asleep by 0200. Woke once mid-morning to a text and then was instantly back out until another text at 1426. Like Tuesday, it took me quite a while to "wake up", not even wanting to get out of bed, my head feeling like someone was playing drums in it, stuffy, ears hurting, not great. However, after ~12.5 hours of sleep, it was definitely time to get UP. Also on waking, SHARP pain DEEP in my LEFT shoulder, a little like my right was back in late November (please let it be nothing serious!). As with Tuesday, decided to do my training later on at night, not walking up to gym until close to 2230...Started off with 10 minutes on the CrossTrainer. Beanie on again today, making my head feel even warmER. Legs ok, but right shoulder/arm was in pain during, even keeping it in an invisible sling across my stomach...Started off the same as last week re Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows, with LEFT side this time, to give my right a chance to "recover" some - used the same weight as last week to start, not managing as many on the first set, but fine the second, going up by five pounds for the last three sets (and yes, adding in a fifth set from last week), managing ok, although feeling sharp pain in my shoulders on the last couple of reps on each of the last two sets; vascularity DRY ROPES, particularly through/in my left delt and bicep. Push-Ups were ok - used a higher bench than last week re feet on, and went down slower as well, my shoulders feeling EVERY rep. Skipping to finish off each triset was fine. Used the same weights as last week re TriSet B. Did BB Bent Over Rows at a tempo of 1-1-1 this time, making it harder, trying as hard as possible to keep my right elbow in, but failing miserably. Incline BB Bench Press wasn't difficult until the last rep of the last set, so will up the weight next week - strength improving here, which is good. Added in Supinated Lat Pull-Downs and Cable CrossOvers today - wanting to do MORE for my back and chest. Plus an additional triset incorporating another set of Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows (since I have seen the best increases in my arms since including these in my training) and Cable CrossOvers (since I want to include more of these in my training henceforth), loving the definition and vascularity each brought out. Favouring right knee (which has superiomedial swelling) during all skipping for TriSets B through D, painful still from yesterday...Finished with 20 minutes on the Recline Bike, trying to spin a little faster, limited by the pain in my right knee, but digging in regardless...

Friday

Session 1

Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-112 rpm

Stretch 28 min

Session 2

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 24 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between trisets/skipping):
    TriSet A -
    1. Weighted DB Crunches (on bench, knees at 90 degrees) 3 x 15
    2. Reverse Curls (on bench) 3 x 15
    3. Pikes (on bench) 3 x 21
    Skip x 300 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. DB Bicep Curls 3 x 21s
    5. DB Hammer Curls 3 x 10
    6. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
    Skip x 300 revolutions
    TriSet C -
    7. Rear Flyes 3 x 10
    8. Plate Lateral Raises 3 x 15
    9. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 10
    Skip x 300 revolutions
    TriSet D -
    10. Neutral Grip Seated Row (each hand with individual handle) 3 x 10
    11. Side-to-side DB Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 3 x 10
    12. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (on bench, reaching down 6 inches with the BB) 3 x 10
    Skip x 300 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:

Stopped by the supermarket on my way home from the gym (from Thursday's training, since I left the gym just after midnight). Ended up devouring ~4,500 calories from 0100-0200, I was that hungry (although, after training, it's not UNusual and quite "normal" for me to do this)...Was still wide awake at 0330, which is when I would normally "get up", but no way was I going to get ready for training having eaten all that not so long ago, deciding to wait until a similar time to do my weights tonight. At 0440 though, I took half a scoop of G8 and sat back in my desk chair to watch the second episode of Missing. Dozed off lightly for ~2 hours, which can't really be counted as a "night's sleep" (even though, until recently, it WAS what my "night's sleep" mostly WAS), more of a "nap". Wide awake, up it was again, to continue on my "day", eating some more. And then some more. Seriously, what is WITH the even MORE pronounced appetite than usual (especially on the heels of me wanting NOT to be like this)?!...Anyways, since today is a "double" training day, I did what SHOULD be my "evening cardio" late morning (since I planned on doing my weights later tonight), after that wolfing down close to another 4,000 calories (I know, just after CARDIO!), not really caring about it by that point. Left shoulder IN the shoulder still hurting sharply, even at rest, doing NOTHING?...After spending the mid-afternoon a bit lacklustre re energy, surprised myself when it came to HIIT, my sprints fast and explosive! Right knee was a small bother starting out, but the heat seemed to "take away" the pain - until after I'd finished my sprints (when my left arch was also causing issue). On my return, I weighed myself (not something I usually do at the "end" of the day), just to see what was what, and no wonder my knees are in pain, LOL - I am just over 10 pounds heavier (although, granted, the majority of that is food and water weight from my eating this week, hopefully with some muscle mass, and no doubt a little bodyfat) than I was when I did this very training session last week!...Headed off to the gym in high spirits, looking forward to hammering my body into submission! Started out with TriSet A - weight a little more than last week, adding more reps to each exercise, loving the Pikes especially. No beanie for this session - my body has been like a FURNACE all day and didn't need any MORE heating! On a whim I decided after my last set of Pikes to do 300 skipping revolutions between each change of trisets (since today they were not a part of the triset) - noticed the pain in my right knee from the start, and ended up favouring it badly from there on. Not to worry, during TriSet B I just stood with more weight on my left leg. Left the weights the same as this session last week - my left wrist in quite the agony, deep in the bone, the pain located where I've fractured it twice, gritting my teeth and pushing through it. Had to "shake" my left wrist a little between exercises to help me manage. Loving the "dry" vascularity I could see from the first set of 21s, seeing that double vein separation in my biceps (actually noticed fresh stretch marks on my biceps today, indicating muscle growth, so pleased with it). Biceps were pumped and painful by the end of the last set of Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls. Skipping was a hodgepodge of favouring my right knee, but still done to par. Rear Flyes were an effort, particularly on the last set, feeling it in my traps, my neck "clicking" and "creaking" back into place when I turn-twisted it after each set. Used plates instead of dumbbells for Lateral Raises today, to help my wrists a little re less pain, doing them at a fast tempo to keep the intensity up. Plate Hammer Raises were painful, but worth it. Decided to do something different re Back that I haven't done before (with Clients yes, but not personally in my own training): Neutral Grip Seated Cable Rows, but each arm with its own handle, bringing my elbows back as far as I could - increased the weight on the second set, but lowered it slightly for the third. Side-to-side DB Push-Ups were interesting, and on the eighth rep of the second set there was a loud crack in my right shoulder, followed by pain, that I ignored and pushed through. Finished off weights with a very FAST final 300 skipping revolutions...Onto the Recline Bike for post-weights cardio. I knew my right knee was NOT going to like it, but I did it anyway. Right now my body is my ENEMY and it MUST be brought to SUBMISSION and just DO as it's TOLD! Kept the pace "reasonable" - fast enough, but not too fast to aggravated my knee further (although anything would, really)...Limped on home, my left shoulder in sharp pain as well, LOL. Walking home made me suddenly miss doing long walks alone in the dark, the stars twinkling overhead, with barely another soul around to "disturb" me. It's so peaceful, so calming, still...

Last edited by Rosie Chee; 03-24-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Updated after completing Friday's Session 2.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

Haha good ole G8 I got to start taking mine again. I stop for a while but rememberd I had some.

27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Rosie,
    I still don't know how you consume all those calories and stay so lean, you eat more than me. Of course I consider cardio a scourge, so I have to eat less as it is just too boring to do it. I'd like to report that my last weeks pr on squats is this week's normal squat routine. Adaptation is a beautiful thing. Mind those knees and shoulders. I'd like to leave you with a little motivational music for your next workout and for whoever else enjoys good Kick A$$ music

This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage {With Lyrics} - YouTube

28. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Haha good ole G8 I got to start taking mine again. I stop for a while but rememberd I had some.
    We'll see how it goes...To date, IGF-2 is the only natural Growth Hormone booster that has worked with (and not against) my body...Still early days with G8 yet (and not typical ones at that)...

Rosie,
    I still don't know how you consume all those calories and stay so lean, you eat more than me. Of course I consider cardio a scourge, so I have to eat less as it is just too boring to do it. I'd like to report that my last weeks pr on squats is this week's normal squat routine. Adaptation is a beautiful thing. Mind those knees and shoulders. I'd like to leave you with a little motivational music for your next workout and for whoever else enjoys good Kick A$$ music

This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage {With Lyrics} - YouTube
    I get that a lot - only today from someone almost three times my mass, I was told he only consumed ~2,700 calories a day to my ~4,300, and got the "how can you eat so much?" People need to realize that EVERYthing is INDIVIDUAL. It's not about comparing myself to anyone - my body is very difference (and I've accepted that), and I just eat for me, doing what I know works. It's not about doing cardio or anything else re my caloric intake - it's just how it is.

Excellent re your squats, David!

Great song (and band)

Yes, I am about to update Friday night's training session now..."Minding" is NOT something I did with it...At all...

~Rosie~

29. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Break Me Down

"Walk your path one step at a time with courage, faith, and determination. Keep your head up and cast your dreams to the stars. Soon your steps will become firm, and your footing will be solid again. A path that you never imagined will become the most comfortable direction you could have ever hoped to follow.

"Keep your belief in yourself and walk into your new journey. You will find it magnificent, spectacular, and beyond your wildest imaginings." - Vicki Silvers

TRAINING

Recline Bike 20 min @ 112 rpm

Stretch 30 min

Took half a scoop of G8 at 0432 and went to bed 10 minutes later. Asleep by 0500. Woke on the hour every hour from 1000-1300, and, feeling completely shattered, went back to bed at 1310, finally waking at 1510 (woken by a text). As with every other day this week I have slept, took a real EFFORT to NOT just lie back down and go back to sleep, getting up to start my "day"...Waited a couple of hours before doing cardio - decided to do the Recline Bike and leave my run until later (when it's dark and likely to be deserted out - I like it better that way). Right knee was really bad and every spin felt like someone was stabbing me with a very sharp knife in the superiomedial aspect of it. Regardless, I didn't want it to be a "slow" session and gritted my teeth, forcing my legs to spin. Right knee was NOT very happy afterwards, although relieved to be done, throbbing with both pain and heat...Stretching did little to "ease" anything today. Although my mind screams protest against the idea because this week has been so terrible with everything BUT training, I quickly made the SMART decision NOT to do a second cardio session and give my knees a chance to recuperate a little...

30. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

...need the danger...need the pain...mustn't fall behind...

"Life is a journey, not a destination." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

For the complete Motivational, review Life is a JOURNEY | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Day OFF

After the beating (not that I didn't ENJOY giving it!) my body has taken this week (particularly the screwed up schedule), I am glad to have today off from training. As it is, I have to take a client through a session later on this evening, so I'm still going to be doing SOMEthing. Anyways, today is the other end of my 1.5 days awake, and even though I actually took half a scoop of G8 and got INTO bed at 0304, come 0420 I was still wide awake, so I just got back up and continued on with some client portfolios. Feeling it a little now, the beginnings of a migraine dawning, but I'll soldier on through, hopefully with a nap sometime today and the ability to sleep tonight - to get up at 0330 tomorrow morning!

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

8.5% bodyfat - disgusting INcrease by 0.5% bodyfat from last week (0.1% for each "bad" day of eating), ARGH! Believe me, I can definitely see AND feel (so VERY Uncomfortable and HATING every second of it!) it too, GRRR! That said there IS positive news in there: Although I gained bodyfat, I gained at a HIGHER rate re lean mass, adding 1.9 pounds of lean mass and 0.7 pounds of bodyfat, for a ratio of 2.6:1 re lean mass to bodyfat. The lean gains are noticeable in my shoulders and arms - especially given that they have been appearing more and more defined (and ARE bigger re girths) as the week continued, whilst increased bodyfat is noticeable in my "tyre" (sigh)...Vascularity has been getting noticeably better as the week has gone on as well (diet no doubt playing a role here, since my carbohydrate consumption has been through the roof - 2-3 times what my "usual" is!)...There can be NO more weeks like this one though, no more steps BACKWARDS, as I do NOT have the time to afford it! This coming week I had better LOSE that 0.5% bodyfat - or ELSE!

Supplements

This week has not been the best as far as waking and sleeping, so supplement dosage timing has been all over the place, adapting for the day on what time I get up, whether or not it’s an all-nighter or not, etc., since I have done an all-nighter one day then slept for 12-13 hours the next, and so on. The ONLY thing has been different is the inclusion of G8 - started on Monday (change reflected in post #1). Taste is terrible. But, was out like a light within ~20 minutes of dosing it each time I used it, sleeping for 12-13 hours, almost UNinterrupted each time. Woke feeling like crap the "next" day though, my head pounding like it was going to explode (could be from going so long without water), and really struggling to force myself to GET up. I am going to use G8 for another week before I decide to continue or stop - the deep and restful sleep aside, if it IS indeed the G8 that has disrupted my schedule so badly, then I WILL stop it, because I would rather have my not-so-great sleep and schedule on track and making progress, than sleeping awesome and having my entire body out of whack and going backwards!

Supplementary Notes

Appetite has been EXTREMELY HIGH this week, particularly from Friday LAST week, and I have not seemed to be able to STOP eating (or want to, even though I feel so UNcomfortable and hate myself after every meal)! Has been interesting considering there were no changes last week aside from adding in AAv2 (and I had no issues up to Friday), and this week, the only difference this week has been adding in G8 (which should not affect anything, and has only served in giving my body sleep, albeit screwing up all my sleeping patterns from even what they WERE)...My body has been like a FURNACE, and if it continues like this, the air conditioning in my suite is going to find a new home in the 40s (Fahrenheit)...Energy has been relatively high when finally "awake" and training has been going exceptionally well (despite being done late at night, finishing around midnight)...Joints have not been so great. Left wrist has been in agony during quite a few exercises, the pain as deep some days as when I fractured it. My knees have been suffering, particularly my right one, and by the end of the week I've been limping around. My LEFT shoulder/biceps' tendon has been experiencing sharp pain on and off...Stress has been high and it's not been the best of weeks (despite the moments of light throughout it)...

April MuscleBombshell Contest

With the last week left I am JUST ahead in this contest! All votes/"Likes" and "Shares" count, so if you have a Facebook account, please help KEEP me there by "Liking" the MuscleBombshell.com page, and under the folder titled MB Cover Model Search - April 2012 (in the Photos section), clicking on my image (second in the bottom row) to "Like" and "Share" it. Thank You and God Bless!

FitnessX Magazine

On Friday I received the awesome news that I am now the new Sports Columnist for FitnessX Magazine! Very Stoked - thank you, Kat FitnessX Magazine is published bi-monthly, the next issue coming out re May/June, so I am excited for it! The column will focus specifically on "Training for a Marathon", allowing me to share a different area of my training knowledge and experience, and provide me opportunity to continue building more of a platform to help in gaining exposure within the fitness industry and reach out to more people.

Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Crash Diet

Despite my intention to continue with my adaptation of Lyle's "diet", this week has been another like the one not so long ago, with every other day actually well ABOVE even my "normal" caloric intake (by ~1,500 calories a day re daily average over the entire week), for some reason my body RAVENOUS and CRAVING food, especially carbohydrates in ANY form, like starving is going to become the new "norm" (my sleeping and waking patterns not helping either, no doubt - although I have been like this since last Friday).

To recap the last four weeks of "attempting" Lyle's "diet":
    Week 1 - training good (started skip trisets this week re 2 days, 3 days re pm cardio); one "bad" day (re Lyle and Lean Gains); no AnaBeta this week; lost 0.6% bodyfat (9.1% to 8.5%).
    Week 2 - training good (albeit "backwards" and messed up, skip trisets 3 days, 4 days re pm cardio); four "bad" days (re Lyle and Lean Gains); started AAv2 on Monday and back on AnaBeta, ran out of Erase on Thursday; lost 0.2% bodyfat (8.5% to 8.3%).
    Week 3 - training good (skip trisets 3 days, 4 days re pm cardio); two "bad" days (re Lyle and one re Lean Gains); started Erase again on Tuesday; lost 0.3% bodyfat (8.3% to 8%).
    Week 4 - training good (skip 4 days, 3 days re pm cardio); five "bad" days (re Lyle and Lean Gains); started G8 on Monday; one day all-nighter and next 12-13 hours re sleep all week; gained 0.5% bodyfat (8% to 8.5%).

The notes above definitely indicate that yes, it IS easier to lose bodyfat at "higher" body compositions. But, it also indicates that as I get leaner NUTRITION definitely has a role in my progress. This last week has been the worst in a long time and by no means anything close to "normal", and it shows. That all said, the week I felt the BEST was actually Week 1 - despite the fact that I felt drained by ~1000 every day. So, ONE "bad" nutrition day only allowed for me from now on - at the END of my "training week", the day BEFORE my weekly scheduled day OFF ALL training. That's how it's got to be, nothing for it. I must NOT let another week like this one happen EVER again!

So, whilst my "experiment" - if you can call it that, given that I didn't really stick to it at all! - with Lyle's "diet" was a complete failure as far as me actually staying on track with it, I HAVE learnt from the last four weeks the role that nutrition plays in my progress (not to mention, confirming more than ever how certain things make me feel afterwards) and certainly what I PREFER it to be, especially as far as the Lean Gains 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window nutritional protocol being the "best" for MY body...Sooo...Going to make sure from now on I GET IT RIGHT!!! ALL the time!!! About time...

This week has been very draining (yes, despite all the sleep I've had - which, in all truth, 12-13 hours is far TOO MUCH for me, given that my "optimal" sleeping period is 4-5 hours for "best" function!), more mental than anything else. Ironically, the things you wish most you could just take an eraser and wipe away are the things that take the LONGEST time to "sort" out and UNuncomplicate. On top of that, I feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions right now, pressure from all sides to do this or that, and I really need to STOP thinking about what everyone ELSE wants and focus on what is going to be best for ME (yes, I said it - it's time for me to start considering and taking care of ME instead of everyone else for a change, and I know I've said this in the past, but I've never really done it until NOW). I am DEFINITELY ready for a break NOW, but I WILL hang in there and fight through, because that’s what I do! One more week left to finalize any decisions I have to make, and then it's full steam ahead from there, NO looking back! In the meantime, come at me next week - let's see what you've got! I'm MORE than READY now - you ain't taking me down! Embrace the danger. Embrace the pain. There won't be any more "falling behind" from this Warrior!

31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

"Life is a journey, not a destination." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

For the complete Motivational, review Life is a JOURNEY | WPM Women. ......

This week has been very draining (yes, despite all the sleep I've had - which, in all truth, 12-13 hours is far TOO MUCH for me, given that my "optimal" sleeping period is 4-5 hours for "best" function!), more mental than anything else. Ironically, the things you wish most you could just take an eraser and wipe away are the things that take the LONGEST time to "sort" out and UNuncomplicate. On top of that, I feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions right now, pressure from all sides to do this or that, and I really need to STOP thinking about what everyone ELSE wants and focus on what is going to be best for ME (yes, I said it - it's time for me to start considering and taking care of ME instead of everyone else for a change, and I know I've said this in the past, but I've never really done it until NOW). I am DEFINITELY ready for a break NOW, but I WILL hang in there and fight through, because that’s what I do! One more week left to finalize any decisions I have to make, and then it's full steam ahead from there, NO looking back! In the meantime, come at me next week - let's see what you've got! I'm MORE than READY now - you ain't taking me down! Embrace the danger. Embrace the pain. There won't be any more "falling behind" from this Warrior!

Congrats on your magazine gig, I am happy for you. Way to go on keeping up your training despite numerous obstacles in your path. That is the one thing that amazes me about people. They always find some excuse not to work, out when I make excuses so I can And what was that I saw at the end of your post.......You are going to start taking care of you? GOOD and its about time Today is my day off too, though I feel the pull of the gym like gravity must avoid and heal. Have a relaxing day Rosie and good work.

32. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Congrats on your magazine gig, I am happy for you. Way to go on keeping up your training despite numerous obstacles in your path. That is the one thing that amazes me about people. They always find some excuse not to work, out when I make excuses so I can And what was that I saw at the end of your post.......You are going to start taking care of you? GOOD and its about time Today is my day off too, though I feel the pull of the gym like gravity must avoid and heal. Have a relaxing day Rosie and good work.
    Thank you, David - it was definitely a nice surprise to come back to after Friday's training session

Yes, the majority of people will have an "excuse" as to why they "can't" do something, and it IS just that - an EXCUSE, because if they REALLY WANTED it, they would MAKE the time FOR it! That said, this lifestyle is not a priority to everyone. As they say, "Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated".

Yes, you read it right. There's a lot of people NOT very pleased to hear that, but they will just have to deal with it. I have been there for everyone else all my life, so I guess it's about time I was there for ME, because I know I NEED it right now.

I know what you mean and I WILL be heading to the gym ~2100.

I don't know if "relaxing" is what I would call it, but I likely won't be doing much for the REST of the day, I am that mentally exhausted...

Have a good Sunday yourself, my friend!

~Rosie~

33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.

"No muscle will every be as strong as your mind. Control you mind, control you body" Bruce Lee. If we could all sit and take lessons from this man, we'd learn so much more of what we could really do with ourselves. I saw another one in Status fitness " You can't fake conditioning" If you get up with a clear mind set that you are going to do something, only you can take yourself out of that equation. We are the one's that point the gun at ourselves, only we have the control.

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yah Rosie G8 is powerful and I think for many must be used strategically....I am afraid to take it if I need to get up to work. I have to get id down to where I am sleeping more normally with it. That being said I think .5 scoop may be on the low side for me as I did not experience the knock out sleep some were talking about.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  35. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

"No muscle will every be as strong as your mind. Control you mind, control you body" Bruce Lee. If we could all sit and take lessons from this man, we'd learn so much more of what we could really do with ourselves. I saw another one in Status fitness " You can't fake conditioning" If you get up with a clear mind set that you are going to do something, only you can take yourself out of that equation. We are the one's that point the gun at ourselves, only we have the control.
    A great man, Bruce Lee - I have a lot of respect for him and what he believed in and lived. He was a true example to be emulated. "If you get up with a clear mind set that you are going to do something, only you can take yourself out of that equation. We are the one's that point the gun at ourselves, only we have the control." This is very true, Tommy. I point many guns at myself - I seem to have a sadistic need to shoot myself for the pain, LOL. Seriously though, I will beat myself to a pulp daily if I must, because I MUST!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah Rosie G8 is powerful and I think for many must be used strategically....I am afraid to take it if I need to get up to work. I have to get id down to where I am sleeping more normally with it. That being said I think .5 scoop may be on the low side for me as I did not experience the knock out sleep some were talking about.
    Let's just say that the last week has been interesting, Doug. For example, I've used it twice now - on Friday morning and again this morning, and on the former only slept an hour, and today, none, so it does not "put me out" all the time. The fact that I have been awake for ~1.5 days when I HAVE slept for those 12-13 hours may have something to do with it, but, that said, I've never been like that before either and would normally still only get 2-5 (maybe even ~6) hours of sleep on such a timetable. But, we'll see what next week brings. If I have to stop it, I will, because progress is far more important to me than sleep, and my body has proved that it CAN make reasonable progress on little sleep.

~Rosie~

36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Ironically, the things you wish most you could just take an eraser and wipe away are the things that take the LONGEST time to "sort" out and UNuncomplicate. On top of that, I feel like I am being pulled in so many different directions right now, pressure from all sides to do this or that, and I really need to STOP thinking about what everyone ELSE wants and focus on what is going to be best for ME (yes, I said it - it's time for me to start considering and taking care of ME instead of everyone else for a change, and I know I've said this in the past, but I've never really done it until NOW).
    Sometimes how we respond to the things we wish we could erase shows our core. My scars do not define me, but they certainly have had a roll in shaping who I am today. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do cause ain't nobody else gonna do it for you! Like one of my clients taught me lon ago (yes, I learn from them too) when I had to deliver an unpleasant decision: "Ain't nothing personal baby, it's just business!" Go get 'em!

Recoverbro
  37. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Sometimes how we respond to the things we wish we could erase shows our core. My scars do not define me, but they certainly have had a roll in shaping who I am today. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do cause ain't nobody else gonna do it for you! Like one of my clients taught me lon ago (yes, I learn from them too) when I had to deliver an unpleasant decision: "Ain't nothing personal baby, it's just business!" Go get 'em!
    I think that how we react to ANYthing in life reveals - or at the least, gives a glimpse of - who we truly are. That is why I believe that ACTIONS hold more value than words [from the majority]. Our scars most certainly do not define us, but yes, every experience, whether heartache or loss or not, helps shape and mould us into the person we ARE. Thank you

~Rosie~

38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

A great man, Bruce Lee - I have a lot of respect for him and what he believed in and lived. He was a true example to be emulated. "If you get up with a clear mind set that you are going to do something, only you can take yourself out of that equation. We are the one's that point the gun at ourselves, only we have the control." This is very true, Tommy. I point many guns at myself - I seem to have a sadistic need to shoot myself for the pain, LOL. Seriously though, I will beat myself to a pulp daily if I must, because I MUST!

Let's just say that the last week has been interesting, Doug. For example, I've used it twice now - on Friday morning and again this morning, and on the former only slept an hour, and today, none, so it does not "put me out" all the time. The fact that I have been awake for ~1.5 days when I HAVE slept for those 12-13 hours may have something to do with it, but, that said, I've never been like that before either and would normally still only get 2-5 (maybe even ~6) hours of sleep on such a timetable. But, we'll see what next week brings. If I have to stop it, I will, because progress is far more important to me than sleep, and my body has proved that it CAN make reasonable progress on little sleep.

~Rosie~
    I went up to 3/4 last night and did not get that knock out sleep again, I woke up a lot. I have to say though, I sure feel good today, energized... very alert ... almost euphoric...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  39. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I went up to 3/4 last night and did not get that knock out sleep again, I woke up a lot. I have to say though, I sure feel good today, energized... very alert ... almost euphoric...
    I actually didn't use it last night. Just let my body fall asleep, and it did on its own - for ~4.5 hours, waking half an hour later than "normal", which I am ok with.

~Rosie~

40. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Sometimes I can't be put back together...

"If you believe in something then stand by it! Live it and let it represent you! Don’t let people, places and things define who you truly know you are!" - Ben Booker

For the complete Motivational, review Define YOURSELF! | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 10 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10, 10, 8, 8
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Rear Delt Flyes 2 x 10
    4. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. BB Military Press 4 x 12, 10, 10, 8
    SuperSet D -
    7. Plate Hammer Raises 2 x 10
    8. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    10. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet F -
    11. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12
    12. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet G -
    13. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (on bench, reaching down 6 inches with the BB) 4 x 10
    14. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet H -
    15. Swissball Leg Curls 2 x 12
    16. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 101-104 rpm

Stretch 28 min

Session 2

Recline Bike 20 min @ 106-110 rpm

My body was feeling pretty shattered last night, and for some reason rather nauseous as I took a client through a late-night session (no more of these, especially after being awake for over a day!), relieved to get back home, shower, and get into bed. Did NOT dose any G8 and passed out within ~5 minutes of going to bed, sleeping right through for ~4.5 hours, waking half an hour later than "usual". Felt a little groggy on waking, but quickly came to...Still a little nausea lingering, headed off for my HIIT Run. Right knee was stabbing sharply from the start, but bore with it. Despite that, sprints were explosive and the best they've been since the start of a couple of weeks ago. Right shoulder/bicep started acting up sharply as well re pain after nine sprints, so decided to do three more and then just jog the rest of the way back. As I was finishing the second-to-last of my sprints, the smell of fresh-cut grass wafted through the air, making me think of summer, smiling...Was seeing stars when I got back to my hotel room getting ready to head to the gym...At the gym, started out as usual. Right shoulder/biceps tendon was pretty tender and sharp pain shooting through it every now and then, but kept on going with everything, forcing out a couple more reps re Behind-the-neck BB Military Press for my second and last sets than last week, and doing more also re BB Military Press. Struggled badly with Rear Flyes this week, although used the same weight as last week, which was interesting. Plate Hammer Raises saw the start of a pounding migraine, and during the second set of Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises my vision started blurring, forcing me to REALLY have to concentrate on what I was doing. Gritting of teeth for DB Lateral Raises, since my right side was already suffering from Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises (left side strength back to being superior - likely from the pain in the right today), and staggering a little between skipping and returning to the dumbbell rack for each set. Light-headed and dizzy during Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts and on my third set I almost overbalanced and fell forward, which cause me to "catch" myself and "wake up". All skipping re the second "exercise" of each superset was done feeling almost like I was in slow motion today, floating, watching myself do it, which was odd. Right knee was also favoured terribly for 90% of it, which is not going to be good on my left leg tomorrow...Relieved to just be able to sit on the Recline Bike and let my legs tick over. The last few minutes, even though heart rate was fairly low, it hurt to breathe and I had to press a hand to my chest to get through and not be a gasping mess falling off the bike..Walked home a little more slowly than usual. Needing the stretching when I got back to my suite...Feeling fatigued from ~1100 onward today, but not able to sleep (getting used to that). Anyways, by the time it came to do evening cardio, not feeling like doing it, but doing it half an hour earlier than planned (didn't particularly feel like waiting until 2130), glad to get away from my phone (which has been a constant annoyance today; seems like when you want your space, every man and his dogs tries to bother you - except from those whom I have WANTED to be talking to), I went down to the hotel Fitness Room and just sat on the Recline Bike. My BODY DIDN'T want to be there - kept yawning and my right knee was just another b*tch to deal with. Got me thinking as I sat there, forcing the pace a little more than just 100 rpm, everyone talks about "motivation". Well, believe me, when you've lived this lifestyle as long as some of us have (and I've lived it a lot less than some others!), "motivation" becomes merely another surface term. After all, you do what you do whether you're "motivated" or not, whether you "feel" like it or not. It's something so deeply ingrained into you that it's as simple as you do it or you don't. Trust me, just because you're in the gym early busting ass lifting weights or doing double cardio sessions (double cardio sucks, no matter how short each session) doesn't mean that you ENJOY it either (which is obvious some days, and thankfully people have learnt NOT to approach me when I'm training!); sometimes you just do it because you DO it and there's nothing else for it. No "motivation" required. You simply just DO it, PERIOD! Anyways, that's the end of my small rant for today. Now that I've DONE my second cardio session, ironically, I WOULD have "woken up", GRRR, knee hurting like all hell...

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:57 AM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12