The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good God this girl cough cough WOMAN lol Makes a lot of people look weak. I think you could write a book just on your journals and training. Glad to see your feeling better and on track. BUFFETTT!!!!! OMG that sounds so good right about now!
Who me? Not at all, LOL - my strength is down, although my endurance is as high as ever, and I think it's mostly stubborn determination more than anything! If it was something people wanted to read, I might consider it, Tommy, but there's really no need if I keep an online journal...

Did you go and have it? Bet it tasted GOOOOOOOD :p

Shut up and train ;)
Just as soon as you get yourself over here to train with me, it'll start all over again ;)

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks :) It's been a while, but I FINALLY feel like I am TRULY back on track! It's taken going through hell for the worst time ever to ignite that something lurking deep down inside me. A something that is without hesitation willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that I become the BEST I can ever possibly be, no longer holding on to things of the past or that might hold me back, truly empowering me to rise up, so that when my life ends, when all is said and done, I will have done MORE than I said! I cannot put into words how exhilarating that is, how light I feel, the freedom that my spirit is soaring on right now, but it's awesome, and a very LONG time in coming!

~Rosie~
Oooh.. I like the sound of that :)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
In late but an amazing read, very inspirational.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's about time, right, Doug! :)

:welcome: Thank you!

~Rosie~
Not that there was a time table or anything but just good to hear you are back on track... I think we all draw a little energy from eatother and it's good to see positive stuff goin down...

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late but here none the less :wave2:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not that there was a time table or anything but just good to hear you are back on track... I think we all draw a little energy from eatother and it's good to see positive stuff goin down...
No timetable - just AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, LOL! It's nice to be back, Doug - I cannot stress enough how much better I feel in both my mind AND body! Yes, I believe we do - one big supportive family we are here, and I enjoy it :)

Late but here none the less :wave2:
Better late than never, right :p And don't worry - the fun is only really just BEGINNING!

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
No timetable - just AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, LOL! It's nice to be back, Doug - I cannot stress enough how much better I feel in both my mind AND body! Yes, I believe we do - one big supportive family we are here, and I enjoy it :)

Better late than never, right :p And don't worry - the fun is only really just BEGINNING!

~Rosie~
Rosie....I'm back. Got back from the Arnold about 1:15 AM yesterday,full of carbs re-energized and with a purpose. I met so many amazingly nice people, your friend Christine included. Glad to see that you are doing better. Now let's bear down and kick a little A$$ :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie....I'm back. Got back from the Arnold about 1:15 AM yesterday,full of carbs re-energized and with a purpose. I met so many amazingly nice people, your friend Christine included. Glad to see that you are doing better. Now let's bear down and kick a little A$$ :)
AWESOME! The people and the memories made from the time spent with those people is what the Arnold is truly about, IMO - at least, that's what it was like for me the year I went. Sounds like you had a great time and are back with a huge smile. So, yes, let's do some ass-kicking! :D

~Rosie~

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very nice log Rosie and want to see you get your goals.

what caused the injuries, training too hard and not backing off?

I ask because that is what happened to me, I wouldn't back off enough and take preventative measures. Glad I learned from it

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice log Rosie and want to see you get your goals.

what caused the injuries, training too hard and not backing off?

I ask because that is what happened to me, I wouldn't back off enough and take preventative measures. Glad I learned from it
Thanks, John :) It's been up and down as far as injuries the last few years, time on and off with one thing or another.

Likely part of the cause, John. My biceps' tendons (both) have been giving me issues since 2008, and I've just ignored them. The week before I went and shot with Walt they were the worst they have ever been, but still I ignored them and asked more of myself. So, a little of everything, I think. Plus, I have some old and chronic injuries that will never completely heal/recover and just be affected when I have others. I've just learned to accept that my body is falling apart, doing the best I can with it to try and not make it worse, LOL.

But yes, we live and learn. Now I just have to be more careful than ever walking that fine line between extreme and progress.

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks, John :) It's been up and down as far as injuries the last few years, time on and off with one thing or another.

Likely part of the cause, John. My biceps' tendons (both) have been giving me issues since 2008, and I've just ignored them. The week before I went and shot with Walt they were the worst they have ever been, but still I ignored them and asked more of myself. So, a little of everything, I think. Plus, I have some old and chronic injuries that will never completely heal/recover and just be affected when I have others. I've just learned to accept that my body is falling apart, doing the best I can with it to try and not make it worse, LOL.

But yes, we live and learn. Now I just have to be more careful than ever walking that fine line between extreme and progress.

~Rosie~

Yah we all fall apart to some degree, that's why progressive training has been such a Godsend... less time straining the tendons. I have 5 bottles of Cissus I haven't opened as my joints are not that bad. I am making as much progress as I ever had...if I had only known sooner...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah we all fall apart to some degree, that's why progressive training has been such a Godsend... less time straining the tendons. I have 5 bottles of Cissus I haven't opened as my joints are not that bad. I am making as much progress as I ever had...if I had only known sooner...
I'm always falling apart - I just ignore it as long as possible, LOL...And if I am forced to have time off training, just come back harder than ever, albeit with more "caution" in recent times, because my body canNOT afford the time out :D

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm always falling apart - I just ignore it as long as possible, LOL...And if I am forced to have time off training, just come back harder than ever, albeit with more "caution" in recent times, because my body canNOT afford the time out :D

~Rosie~

Yah that's what I'm sayin, can't make much progress if we can't train....

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established

~Rosie~
It must be contagious. I worked back pretty hard yesterday, but not too hard. Nothing tweaked nor twinged. Form was good. This morning woke up feeling fine. Went to work, a desk job and somehow by back went out I can barely walk. WTH!!! Can't work out can barely move. So I feel for you Rosie and it appears I am right there with you

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that's what I'm sayin, can't make much progress if we can't train....
Well, you can make some - depends on what though, and what's happened, LOL, but yes, very true for the most part, Doug :)

It must be contagious. I worked back pretty hard yesterday, but not too hard. Nothing tweaked nor twinged. Form was good. This morning woke up feeling fine. Went to work, a desk job and somehow by back went out I can barely walk. WTH!!! Can't work out can barely move. So I feel for you Rosie and it appears I am right there with you
It happens like that sometimes, David. I hope it gets better for you and is just a quickly passing lot of DOMS!

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
[QUOTE
It happens like that sometimes, David. I hope it gets better for you and is just a quickly passing lot of DOMS!

~Rosie~[/QUOTE]

I wish that was all it was, it feels worse I hope its not a disc, I was very careful didn't come close to maxing I am just puzzled. Glad you are on the mend....Oh and the smiling avatar.... a big thumbs up. Smiles are good. You look happy. You know smiling releases endorphins? I am trying to smile away my back pain.....its not working though ...I'll just keep smiling

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wish that was all it was, it feels worse I hope its not a disc, I was very careful didn't come close to maxing I am just puzzled. Glad you are on the mend....Oh and the smiling avatar.... a big thumbs up. Smiles are good. You look happy. You know smiling releases endorphins? I am trying to smile away my back pain.....its not working though ...I'll just keep smiling
I hope so too, David!...So am I :)...Thank you. Yes, they are. I was happy at that time - one of the few times last year I WAS happy, actually. I love the pics where I am smiling the most, to be honest, especially when it is a real and genuine, happy, relaxed smile like this was. Going to be MORE of that coming!...Yep, just keep on smiling, no matter what happens. Got to put on a mask for the masses sometimes. You never know when that smile will help another, even if you're not feeling it yourself...I truly hope your back gets better soon, my friend - you're in my prayers...On a random note, if that's your current conditioning in your avi, you had NOTHING to stress over for the Arnold - you look to be in GREAT shape!!!

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I hope so too, David!...So am I :)...Thank you. Yes, they are. I was happy at that time - one of the few times last year I WAS happy, actually. I love the pics where I am smiling the most, to be honest, especially when it is a real and genuine, happy, relaxed smile like this was. Going to be MORE of that coming!...Yep, just keep on smiling, no matter what happens. Got to put on a mask for the masses sometimes. You never know when that smile will help another, even if you're not feeling it yourself...I truly hope your back gets better soon, my friend - you're in my prayers...On a random note, if that's your current conditioning in your avi, you had NOTHING to stress over for the Arnold - you look to be in GREAT shape!!!

~Rosie~
Smiling is good for the soul. I suffer from clinical depression. I was treated for it, I hated the flat feeling worse than the depression itself. Now I practice mental depression management. If I feel down I ask myself, is there a reason to feel down. If there are legitimate concerns I allow myself a little despair, just a little, it is part of the human condition and it makes us appreciate the times that we are happy. If there are no good reasons I remind myself that it is the disease talking and I make a conscious effort to smile and find things to be happy about. Life, friends, food and especially family. It works far better than any medication at least for me. It takes a certain strength of will but I have no lack of that. If you ask around people will tell you I am always smiling. I pretty much am, my wrinkles bear that out. I have had others tell me that my smile and pleasantries made a difference in their lives when they are down. So why not smile they are contagious, like enthusiasm.

Yes Rosie that is my current condition, the pic is small can't you see the pooch at the bottom of my abs, I can ....lol I am very hard on myself not too bad for 47 I suppose :) Patrick said I look chubby in my other avi that ruined that for me lol. Thanks For Keeping me in your prayers you are constantly in mine. We'll all get there with each other's help Take Care Friend

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Smiling is good for the soul. I suffer from clinical depression. I was treated for it, I hated the flat feeling worse than the depression itself. Now I practice mental depression management. If I feel down I ask myself, is there a reason to feel down. If there are legitimate concerns I allow myself a little despair, just a little, it is part of the human condition and it makes us appreciate the times that we are happy. If there are no good reasons I remind myself that it is the disease talking and I make a conscious effort to smile and find things to be happy about. Life, friends, food and especially family. It works far better than any medication at least for me. It takes a certain strength of will but I have no lack of that. If you ask around people will tell you I am always smiling. I pretty much am, my wrinkles bear that out. I have had others tell me that my smile and pleasantries made a difference in their lives when they are down. So why not smile they are contagious, like enthusiasm.

Yes Rosie that is my current condition, the pic is small can't you see the pooch at the bottom of my abs, I can ....lol I am very hard on myself not too bad for 47 I suppose :) Patrick said I look chubby in my other avi that ruined that for me lol. Thanks For Keeping me in your prayers you are constantly in mine. We'll all get there with each other's help Take Care Friend
Yes, it takes strength to smile when you are not smiling inside, but we can all be strong, and I know you are.

We are all our own worst critics, it is very true.

We will, my friend. God Bless!

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad things are looking up for you Rosie. Some solid training and .6% in a week as lean as you are is pretty darn nice. Bravo! I am coming out of my maintenance phase now and will be full on cut come Monday.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad things are looking up for you Rosie. Some solid training and .6% in a week as lean as you are is pretty darn nice. Bravo! I am coming out of my maintenance phase now and will be full on cut come Monday.
Yeah, having my training back on track and where it should be has helped a lot...The "diet" has helped a little too, I believe...As always, I'm adapting things as I go along and I haven't been as "good" on it and stuck to it 100% as I should have (pizza on Sunday night and last night - outside my 8-hour feeding window for Lean Gains; and yes, kicking myself for last night - no help required), but it's been ok, and as long as I hit [or get below] 8% bodyfat by Sunday, I will be fine with it...Sounds [and looks] like it's working pretty well for you, Chris :)

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, having my training back on track and where it should be has helped a lot...The "diet" has helped a little too, I believe...As always, I'm adapting things as I go along and I haven't been as "good" on it and stuck to it 100% as I should have (pizza on Sunday night and last night - outside my 8-hour feeding window for Lean Gains; and yes, kicking myself for last night - no help required), but it's been ok, and as long as I hit [or get below] 8% bodyfat by Sunday, I will be fine with it...Sounds [and looks] like it's working pretty well for you, Chris :)

~Rosie~
:banghead:

Yah there is now way any of us need any extra help in kicking our own azz... you are about the last person that needs any of that. You're like me, you like to eat so you make up for it by training harder. Once I bear down I'm ok , I have to get really focussed and monitor things though.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yah there is now way any of us need any extra help in kicking our own azz... you are about the last person that needs any of that. You're like me, you like to eat so you make up for it by training harder. Once I bear down I'm ok , I have to get really focussed and monitor things though.
This x2 :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, I like to eat :D and I've always eaten a lot, even when I was younger - in fact, now I don't eat next to anything like I did when I was cycling or even when I was a youth! However, I do NOT train harder because I like to eat; I train hard because that is what my body NEEDS to be FUNCTIONAL!

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I like to eat :D and I've always eaten a lot, even when I was younger - in fact, now I don't eat next to anything like I did when I was cycling or even when I was a youth! However, I do NOT train harder because I like to eat; I train hard because that is what my body NEEDS to be FUNCTIONAL!

~Rosie~
If I overeat I add a little cardio or extra training to make up.... don't you...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I overeat I add a little cardio or extra training to make up.... don't you...
Actually, I don't - have never done extra training to "make up" for "overeating"...And I overeat ALL the time, LOL...

~Rosie~

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should have been more specific, I was x2'ing this part:

"Yah there is now way any of us need any extra help in kicking our own azz... you are about the last person that needs any of that." Meaning of course that you are highly internally motivated and as I have said before, a Trooper.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We were the flame that wouldn't die inside...Now we are alive... (Part I)

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

For the complete Motivational, review You call it "Obsession"...I call it "Normal"!!! | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Despite being "backwards" and a few session adjustments re days this week, training WAS done AND done to the same level re Maintenance as last week - additional by my three brief evening cardio sessions. So, definitely pleased with how it went, and even though strength is by no means anywhere near where it was last November (which was nowhere near where it was earlier in 2011), my endurance and overall fitness are as high as ever.

Training completed this week:

Monday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 4 x 50 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 20 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
d. 4 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (DB to touch floor) 3 x 10
2. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fists) 3 x 10
3. DB Bent Over Rows 3 x 10
TriSet B -
4. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10
5. DB Hammer Raises 3 x 10
6. Bent Over DB Rear Raises 3 x 10
TriSet C -
7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
8. DB Hammer Curls 3 x 10
9. DB Bicep Curls 3 x 21s
TriSet D -
10. Pikes (on floor) 3 x 10
11. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 15
12. Weighted DB Crunches (on floor, knees at 90 degrees) 3 x 15

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-112 rpm

Stretch 32 min

Session 2

Run 5 miles @ 5 min/mile pace

Stretch 5 min

Since for the first couple of days this week I have to use the hotel Fitness Room for training, I had already determined Sunday night that this week I would do my training sessions from last week BACKWARDS re order, starting with Full-Body, etc., since I really DO need the gym for Shoulders and Arms' work...Anyways, after only an hour's sleep I woke, surprisingly bright eyes and ready for training...My sprints surprised me this morning, my speed endurance starting to come into play, and before I knew it, I had almost done a minute on my first one. Slowed back a bit for a few seconds though and went again, deciding to just do several longer sprints before heading into my shorter ones. Finished still surprisingly fresh, mid to lower back ok...Just up to my room to grab my training diary and a drink bottle and it was down for the weights. Since I was going to do my training sessions backwards, figured why not switch things up even more and do the session I did last week backwards as well. So, started with Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts, feeling my lower back by the third set. Trisetted with Push-Ups and Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows, I was already feeling my heart pounding by the end of the third triset. Onto shoulders, and heavier weights than last week, but no less burn and fatigue starting in my shoulders. Rotator cuff and biceps' tendons were sighing a little as I headed into arms. Loving the pain of the pump by the time I got to DB 21s, although it was QUITE painful on the last couple of sets. Vascularity pretty awesome during these, which I didn't mind. Pikes were surprisingly easier than last week, although by no means any faster done, making sure they were as SLOW and as CONTROLLED as possible, my hips and lower back clicking and popping on every rep. Feeling the weight of the dumbbell during Weighted Crunches pushing down "into" my right shoulder...Lay on the floor for a few seconds to catch my breath at the end, before climbing to my feet and moving slowly over to the Recline Bike for 20 minutes to "complete" the session...Without even realizing it, passed out for a couple of hours from ~1230, waking to a call. I must be pushing myself harder than I think - or just not getting enough sleep (most likely) at "night"...I wasn't going to, but after an interesting evening, I went out for a run, no set distance in mind, albeit considering either three or seven miles, just running. I turned at some point and headed back, but when I got to the hotel I KEPT on going up the highway, all the way up to the gym. Stopped and stretched for a moment, before catching a ride back (since the guys were done at the gym)...

Tuesday

Recline Bike 10 min @ 110-112 rpm

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10 per side
2. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Supinated Bent Over DB Rows 4 x 12, 10, 10, 8
5. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fists) 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-110 rpm

Stretch 30 min

2.5 hours sleep only before my body woke up...Down to the hotel Fitness Room I went...Recline Bike was ok starting out. Barely broke a sweat, nor did I feel warm...Until the weights. Started off on the weight I FINISHED with last week re Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows. It was ok as well, managing better than I thought I would, struggling only on the last set really, with my left side, gritting the last couple of reps out. Actually did my first set of push-ups alternating on the medicine ball, but was nearly falling on my face, my arms weak, so changed to using dumbbells for the last three sets. By now I was warm, that hot "fever" feeling flushing through my face and body. Skipping to finish off each triset was fine, even though I felt like I was going to be sick from the first lot of this I did. Was tempted to just stick to doing eight sets of Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows, but just shrugged and did as if I would a barbell bent over row, supinated, making sure I kept my elbows as close to my body as possible, taking them as far back as I could. Seeing the vascularity through my delts, biceps, and forearms strong during this - vascularity had been pretty strong since starting though, loving the way the veins popped and rippled. Push-Up were done on fists on the floor, slowly down, to feel the burn, and I could feel the tendons in both shoulders "popping" over each other during every set. More skipping to make up each triset, and I was done...Not "complete" until I had done 20 minutes on the Recline Bike though - pace slowing from what it was pre-weights...Relieved to get back to my room and stretch, exhausted (actually, after a shower and breakfast, went back to bed, where I drifted in and out for ~2.5 hours)...Considered doing 20 minutes on the Recline Bike in the evening, but after feeling shattered all day, decided to just wait until my 7-mile run Wednesday evening and went for a brisk walk for ~30 minutes instead...

Wednesday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 26 min

Session 2

Run 7 miles @ 4.7 min/mile pace

Was shattered last night - was shattered ALL DAY yesterday, actually (not sure why) - and went to bed early, falling asleep before 2200, which is pretty early for me these days (considering, even on a "good" night, I still won't fall asleep until well after 0000 or 0100). Anyways, slept right THROUGH my 0330 alarm (surprising that my body didn't wake up at that time) and didn't wake until my 0430 one - I must have needed the sleep!.....I was ok when it came to go for my HIIT Run though, although my body feeling like even 20 seconds was quite long enough today. Endurance is still there, and just did 24 sprints of 20 seconds today; nothing longer.....Fell asleep for nearly two hours at ~1130...Waited until evening before I went for my 7-mile run. It was raining slightly when I headed out, but I was determined not to let that stop me, instead using it as motivation to get it over with as quickly as possible (especially since for the last half hour prior to leaving, I had had a sharp pain just under my breastbone). So, ran in the rain, soaked through by the time I reached the half-way mark. But, a smile on my face, I kept on, actually ENJOYING it (the only thing I was not fussed on was the mozzies - they love my blood and always get at me) - it was refreshing. Heart rate got up to 207 beats per minute, which is no surprise (it always gets - and STAYS - up close to my maximum whenever I run, whether it is only jogging or sprinting, shorter or longer distance covered. Finished with an average of 4.7 minutes per mile, which I'll take...

Thursday

Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 20 min

A long and complicated night last night meant that this morning was spent doing other things instead of training. Mentally and physically drained, I decided not to do any weights today and just stick to a session of cardio, moving everything down another day, adding in a run tomorrow evening, so that I can still have Sunday as my Day OFF (since, technically, today is "Saturday" re training and that has am AND pm cardio sessions, and I will only have done one)...Recline Bike was fine. Got quite warm very quickly, but was ok, spinning along...

Friday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
2. Dips 4 x 8
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12
5. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 8
TriSet C -
7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
8. Standing DB French Press 4 x 8
9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet D -
10. Rope Crunches 4 x 15
11. Ab Rollout 4 x 15
12. Plank 4 x 1 min

Post-Weights Cardio:

Stretch 35 min

Session 2

Went to bed early (2100) last night, but for the life of me could NOT get to sleep, still awake at 0038 (the last time I checked my watch). Regardless, whatever time I drifted off, my body woke just before 0330, and I was ready to start the day...HIIT Run was pretty awesome (think the "easy" day of just cardio yesterday gave my body some needed recovery time), and my sprints were explosive (the fact that it was pretty frigid and windy out probably played a role too, LOL)...After that, it was time to head to the gym, a brisk walk this morning. Straight into the weights. Left wrist was suffering with the Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls, and only gradually got worse as resistance training continued, but I stifled the pain and soldiered on. Dips were fine, nice and slow, to "match" reps done with the former; skipping to "complete" each triset a great addition. Started getting a little light-headed (been happening a LOT lately, and not JUST during training!) during TriSet B, having to stop and catch my breath moving between exercises. Vascularity was excellent during Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls, definition strong during V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs. I was shaking the last couple of sets of the latter and actually stumbled on the last couple of sets of skipping almost losing balance. Starting to get a double-head in my biceps, to match the "double" branches of veins in them, which I'm liking (yes, I like muscle and I like the vascularity - so sue me). The DB Zottoman Curls only brought the vascularity and definition out more, and during the DB French Press I noticed that my triceps have built up a little more from what they were. I actually did my skipping for TriSet C in front of the mirror (I decided to do everything over by the dumbbell rack, instead of moving from one room to another), and the "pump"/definition that my delts have re "cappedness" during this is what I want when I am RELAXED - means getting a LOT leaner and building up MORE muscle there! Abs' triset was ok, burning, definitely feeling my core tight during the plank at the end of each one...Walked back to the hotel and completed 20 minutes on the Recline Bike...Had reasonable energy during the morning, but come ~1100, I was shattered (as I had been last week), and was in and out of "am I awake or not?" until ~1400, when, still not completely with it, I got up and ate (it was actually my SUPPLEMENT dosing time - I wasn't supposed to eat for another hour, LOL, but adapted to it, and had them ~4 hours later instead). Gave myself another few hours and then went downstairs to the Fitness Room and sat on the Recline Bike, spinning for 20 minutes...

Saturday

Session 1

Treadmill 20 min @ 8 miles/hr

Recline Bike 20 min @ 112 rpm

Stretch 29 min

Session 2

Skip x 600 revolutions

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets):
SuperSet A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet B -
3. Rear Delt Flyes 2 x 12
4. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet C -
5. BB Military Press 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
SuperSet D -
7. Seated DB Shoulder Press 2 x 10, 8
8. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
SuperSet E -
9. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
10. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch floor) 4 x 10
SuperSet F -
11. Plate Lateral Raises 2 x 15
12. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-110 rpm

Did not go to sleep until ~0300 this morning...I WAS going to do a 7-mile run, but when I got downstairs it was raining, and although I went out running in the rain earlier in the week, getting sick is NOT on my agenda, so I headed to the hotel Fitness Room. As much as I dislike treadmills, I decided to use it, albeit at a pace that would NOT cause any pain or too much impact to my lower legs and ankles. I considered just doing the 7-miles on that, but after 20 minutes, changed to the Recline Bike, just to give my ankles - since my left was starting to "roll" a little - a break. Finished off a dripping mess of wet but clean sweat, and yeah, it felt GOOD!...It was raining when I headed out to go to the gym, so I put my hoodie over my head and made my way there, a little soaked by the time I got there, and somewhat cold, but at least I went. Started off with some skipping to get me warm - next time I'll do 1,000 revolutions. Since last week I did not do any skipping in this session and did only single sets with one minute recovery between them, and because adding in the skipping in Arms/Abs and Back/Chest sessions, with 30 seconds recovery between sets, worked so well for my body, I decided to do this today (and will continue to with this session as well in weeks hence). Surprisingly, although I was not able to do as many reps the first set of the Behind-the-neck BB Military Press and BB Military Press, I was able to do more that I did last week in each consecutive set, despite only having 30 seconds rest after finishing my 100 skipping revolutions (although left shoulder, feeling the tendons "popping" over each other during this). Delts and arms looking as good as yesterday when skipping - this is what I want (and need) them to look like when I am RELAXED! Although still off what I have been able to do in the past, slowly being able to lift more again with Seated DB Shoulder Press. Still a difference in strength with Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises, my right side struggling whilst my left does not at the same weight. When doing Plate Lateral Raises, separation in my deltoids and upper chest more apparent than it has been in a while - definitely getting leaner, as well as building back muscle mass in my deltoids and arms (very WELCOME!)...Feeling my hamstrings more on the Recline Bike afterwards, spinning a little tougher than this morning, even though cadence was not as high. Finished feeling satisfied with the session and my training for this week...

Sunday

Day OFF

So, from now on, training will be done in the RIGHT order re sessions and days, but there will be three or four 20-minute evening cardio sessions, either running or cycling. Resistance training sessions will be all supersets or trisets, with skipping completing each (with the exception of on Full-Body day if I decide otherwise), only 30 seconds between all types of sets. This is what my body NEEDS!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We were the flame that wouldn't die inside...Now we are alive... (Part II)

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

8.3% bodyfat - a minimal 0.2% bodyfat loss from last week, despite training being done just above Maintenance. So, ORDER of training days definitely plays a role! And seeing how NUTRITION can make a difference as well...Scale weight only went down by 0.4 pounds, so what was lost I can be almost certain was predominantly bodyfat, which is what I want...The biggest physique change this week has been in my arms. Skinfold is down by 0.5 mm, but not just that, the difference in my girths from relaxed and flexing is almost an inch, which indicates that, yes, bodyfat was lost, but a little muscle mass was also gained - which could explain the noticeable "cappedness" in my delts/arms when skipping [during training this week]...So, not a 0.1% bodyfat loss per day this week, but FINALLY back at a body composition that I FEEL comfortable at - not to say that I am content to stay here; absolutely not! Now to get back UNDER 8% bodyfat - it's going to happen over this next week!

Supplements

30 days of Erase PRO down on Wednesday - and onto the second bottle for another 30 (after which, I will decide whether or not I will use a third or take a brief break for a week or two before resuming my use of it...Ran out of Erase on Thursday and definitely notice the difference in water withOUT it - seem to be holding a little, which is interesting. It’s certainly not good JUST for my joints!!!

April MuscleBombshell Contest

Going until the end of April, all votes/"Likes" and "Shares" count, so if you have a Facebook account, please support me in this contest by "Liking" the MuscleBombshell.com page, under the folder titled MB Cover Model Search - April 2012 (in the Photos section), clicking on my image (second in on the bottom row) to "Like" and "Share" it. Thank you :)

Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Crash Diet

Unfortunately this week I did NOT stick to this - and on four days, the Lean Gains 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window was not adhered to either [with feeding windows being 16-hours]. I definitely FELT better LAST week with the single refeed on Saturday, at the END of my training week, AFTER ALL my training sessions were completed, my body PROPERLY DEPLETED, and from next week, this is how it is going to be and STAY!...Because of the lack of discipline re nutrition, my body composition did not change as much as I wanted it to (and yes, I accept full responsibility for this, knowing I only did it to myself!), but there will be no more issues with this happening. Not only that, but this week allowed to me to see the true role that nutrition plays in my conditioning, because training WAS spot on with everything being done (albeit not in the ORDER it SHOULD be done re training days - which had an affect as well, I have no doubt of it). The difference it makes pretty much is this: I lose 0.1% bodyfat for every day each week when BOTH nutrition AND training are done as they should be...So, I will be CONTINUING on with my adaptation (noted last week) of Lyle’s "diet", because after this week, I know that it DOES give results AND I feel great on it, more comfortable in my body as well...

This week has been another round of bombshells, but less destructive than in previous weeks, as I am better equipped to deal with it in both attitude and resolve. A lot of decisions sitting "pending" have been decided as a consequence of some of what has happened, circumstances the final push in a definite direction. It's not a bad thing, but at the same time I am a little ambivalent about a few things, albeit relieved that they have "sorted themselves out"...This week has also made it clearer than ever the people that have NO place in my life, weeding out the negatives and detrimental influences that I have until now either been unaware of, ignored, or allowed to exist in silence...Not only that, but a lot of opportunities are opening up before me, some of which have, until now only been something I "wished" might one day be...A LOT of change going on, but it is all toward the FUTURE, moving FORWARD, and that is only a POSITIVE thing...I am stepping out in Faith. I am Risking. I am Leaping. It's time for me to FLY!!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice work Rosie. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and just hit the gym when the inlaws were sleeping... Good work in keeping up with it though! Travelling can be rough!!!

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Great Quote, Theodore Roosevelt is one of my historical figures and that quote is outstanding. My great grandfather was a sharpshooter alledgedly(that is what my grandma said, I have been unable to fact check it) under his command in the Spanish American War. Teddy was a force of nature. I felt like I was the last couple of days in the gym. My back pain turned out to be pirformis syndrome. It's painful but nothing but painful in other words its not going to cause me further harm if I work out like a bulging disk. So today like Roosevelt said I stepped into the arena strapped 365 on the Squat bar and did battle I am happy to say I won. Killer weeks workout on your end keep pushing along. Have a great week!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice work Rosie. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and just hit the gym when the inlaws were sleeping... Good work in keeping up with it though! Travelling can be rough!!!
Cheers, bud :) Traveling can definitely be rough, but you do what you have to to get what's important and necessary to you done!

Great Quote, Theodore Roosevelt is one of my historical figures and that quote is outstanding. My great grandfather was a sharpshooter alledgedly(that is what my grandma said, I have been unable to fact check it) under his command in the Spanish American War. Teddy was a force of nature. I felt like I was the last couple of days in the gym. My back pain turned out to be pirformis syndrome. It's painful but nothing but painful in other words its not going to cause me further harm if I work out like a bulging disk. So today like Roosevelt said I stepped into the arena strapped 365 on the Squat bar and did battle I am happy to say I won. Killer weeks workout on your end keep pushing along. Have a great week!
"A force of nature" is putting it mildly - truly he was one of the greats in history!

Oh, well, at least it's not something worse, and you can do plenty of exercises to help with the recovery of it. I am relieved for you, David :)

Thanks - doing it in the RIGHT order this week, so that should make a difference! You too, my friend - take care and God Bless!

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie I saw your post on your facebook contest and stopped everything I was doing to go there and like!!!! GL!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie I saw your post on your facebook contest and stopped everything I was doing to go there and like!!!! GL!
Thank you, Tommy :) Please feel free to garner as many more "Likes" for me as possible - I am going to be entering a few more "contests" this year and all support is truly appreciated!

wow you stay lean. Keep it up Rosie
I definitely prefer it, John, yes :) Aiming to hit that elusive 7% bodyfat this time around though - if my body will let me get that low, and if not, as low as it WILL go!

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you, Tommy :) Please feel free to garner as many more "Likes" for me as possible - I am going to be entering a few more "contests" this year and all support is truly appreciated!

I definitely prefer it, John, yes :) Aiming to hit that elusive 7% bodyfat this time around though - if my body will let me get that low, and if not, as low as it WILL go!

~Rosie~
No doubt girl!! You got it I'll jump on my friends and get them to like. GL

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I ran across this quote and found it profound, thought it would go well on your thread.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran across this quote and found it profound, thought it would go well on your thread.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

I like that, it's going on my Facebook :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

^^^I absolutely 100% agree with this!!!

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to copy that one and post it in my bathroom mirror!! Rosie I've been killing it in the cardio. I told you about being around 240's for ever and with in 3 1/2 weeks and doing 45 min cardio a day, I hit 228 this morning!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to copy that one and post it in my bathroom mirror!! Rosie I've been killing it in the cardio. I told you about being around 240's for ever and with in 3 1/2 weeks and doing 45 min cardio a day, I hit 228 this morning!!!
Yeah, it's a great quote :)

That's FANTASTIC, Tommy! :thumbsup: Bet you're MORE than pleased!

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A bit suprised lol. I haven't been in the 220's in 7-8 years. Still a ways to go but it will be done. Giving it my all.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's a great quote :)

That's FANTASTIC, Tommy! :thumbsup: Bet you're MORE than pleased!

~Rosie~
I'll have to chime in on the great work out, I've set personal records two days in a row. I still think there may be some undiscovered strength and beauty in this old body yet :) Yesterday I smashed my squat workout and today I had such a pump in my lats and bi's I thought my skin would rip, Maxed out a couple more machines at the gym today(I love that when there are no more plates to add in the stack) I had to pin on extras WHOOOO AAAAHHH!!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man!! It is so wicked awesome to have these forums for us to pull for each other's goals. Rosie is a big inspiration. We as humans want to make things harder but when it comes down to it, it's simple WILL!!!

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man!! It is so wicked awesome to have these forums for us to pull for each other's goals. Rosie is a big inspiration. We as humans want to make things harder but when it comes down to it, it's simple WILL!!!
Thanks, it feels almost family like doesn't it? Yes the last two workouts were truly joyous, I was squatting 375 and mind you I'm 6' 1" and long legged. I take it below parallel and that is a long way down and up on my creaky knees. But I got five, I never get five usually I try for a triple. One of my friends came over and said "man you were killing it and you know what you were smiling! How do you do that?" I know I was smiling I was passing my limits I was beating my former self and replacing it with a new stronger better self. Who wouldn't smile? The pain, that kind of pain was welcome:)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pain is fuel to my body. It feels so bad but taste so good!