The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent post, I had a good experience with that diet as you already know. Even if I hadn't lost as much it put me back in the game mentally. Now I am ready to do the things I need to do to make the progress I want to.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent post, I had a good experience with that diet as you already know. Even if I hadn't lost as much it put me back in the game mentally. Now I am ready to do the things I need to do to make the progress I want to.
Thanks, Chris - you were the one who initially got me to look at it. I know what you mean - getting back in the game mentally would be great. I have all the motivation in the world, but the past few weeks have really spun me for a loop and it's taken some time to "find" my steel mindset again. Very awesome that you are Back and Ready! Now let's both of us kick some butt and PROGRESS!!!

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Chris - you were the one who initially got me to look at it. I know what you mean - getting back in the game mentally would be great. I have all the motivation in the world, but the past few weeks have really spun me for a loop and it's taken some time to "find" my steel mindset again. Very awesome that you are Back and Ready! Now let's both of us kick some butt and PROGRESS!!!

~Rosie~
As long as you can find it, ( your mindset) you will be fine. I was discouraged with my injuries and subsequent fat gain. I am not where I wanted to be two weeks out from the Arnold. I want to represent E-Pharm well in the booth. So I pushed the discouragement aside, tightened my diet, and upped my intensity. I am training like an animal and it feels good. Now I feel I am back on track. Less than two weeks though and still a little left over Christmas love handles but they are shrinking....now if I can just shrink them quick enough. You are a tough cookie. Thanks for the inspiration and I'd like to join in on the butt kicking!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you can find it, ( your mindset) you will be fine. I was discouraged with my injuries and subsequent fat gain. I am not where I wanted to be two weeks out from the Arnold. I want to represent E-Pharm well in the booth. So I pushed the discouragement aside, tightened my diet, and upped my intensity. I am training like an animal and it feels good. Now I feel I am back on track. Less than two weeks though and still a little left over Christmas love handles but they are shrinking....now if I can just shrink them quick enough. You are a tough cookie. Thanks for the inspiration and I'd like to join in on the butt kicking!
It's not because of injury that I've been out of sorts, David (although it hasn't helped either)...You will get into the condition that you want to for the Arnold. Two weeks is adequate time to make some drastic changes, especially if you upping the intensity on EVERYthing! Have Faith in yourself and hold fast to your Goals, Believing you can and WILL achieve them!..Thank you for your encouragement and support. Kick me anytime you want - I could do with as many beatings as possible right now...

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
It's not because of injury that I've been out of sorts, David (although it hasn't helped either)...You will get into the condition that you want to for the Arnold. Two weeks is adequate time to make some drastic changes, especially if you upping the intensity on EVERYthing! Have Faith in yourself and hold fast to your Goals, Believing you can and WILL achieve them!..Thank you for your encouragement and support. Kick me anytime you want - I could do with as many beatings as possible right now...

~Rosie~
NO!! I don't wanna' kick your butt! I want us all to kick our own butts... In the gym, I just wanted to join you and Mr Kleen's butt kicking club. lol

Injuries aren't always physical, somtimes emotional injuries can cause more physical damage than any physical injury can. You are tough, there is nothing you cannot overcome. Go Kiwi Go!! I am the same, I have not nor will I let anything stand in the way of what I truly desire. Without that kind of passion life is meaningless. You go, so no beatings for you. Here in my part of the country, in the South at least in my family we are big believers in the hug. We hug everybody, friend and family alike. So a beating? No way. A hug, anytime...they are good for the soul :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie I hope and pray for you to get to feeling better. I have noticed a lot of us being sick this past week. Our weather in Alabama keeps going from 69-71 highs to 30 at night for lows. I am glad you didn't make that faceplant!!! You still managed to do a solid workout and when you got your butt up that morning to hit cardio is big. Most of us will tend to put it off and think we aren't capable because we aren't in the mood or feeling best. But to me if your not sick like flu sick lol it's go time. I'm easily stressed, so I feel you on the stressing. I try to find things to destress myself. Keep killing it and give it hell girl.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NO!! I don't wanna' kick your butt! I want us all to kick our own butts... In the gym, I just wanted to join you and Mr Kleen's butt kicking club. lol

Injuries aren't always physical, somtimes emotional injuries can cause more physical damage than any physical injury can. You are tough, there is nothing you cannot overcome. Go Kiwi Go!! I am the same, I have not nor will I let anything stand in the way of what I truly desire. Without that kind of passion life is meaningless. You go, so no beatings for you. Here in my part of the country, in the South at least in my family we are big believers in the hug. We hug everybody, friend and family alike. So a beating? No way. A hug, anytime...they are good for the soul :)
Oh, LOL, well sure, c'mon and join in!

Very true. I think some of me "being sick" is a physical manifestation of the inner conflict I keep bottled up, as well as the fact that I have a poor immune system (yes, I need to get some more Colostrum - it's on the "to get" list), and have been working with and around multiple sick people the last couple of weeks (on Monday I looked terrible, gaunt like a concentration camp individual, my eyes hollow and sunk into deep black circles under them, my face deathly pale even though my skin was burning up to the touch, barely even walking straight every time I got to my feet)...And yes, I have learnt what I am capable of, finding myself stronger than I ever thought I was. Sometimes following true passion and desire is not easy, strewn with obstacles, but you are right - without holding onto that passion, life can be pretty empty and meaningless, regardless of what else we may do...

I'll take a beating over a hug any day...

Rosie I hope and pray for you to get to feeling better. I have noticed a lot of us being sick this past week. Our weather in Alabama keeps going from 69-71 highs to 30 at night for lows. I am glad you didn't make that faceplant!!! You still managed to do a solid workout and when you got your butt up that morning to hit cardio is big. Most of us will tend to put it off and think we aren't capable because we aren't in the mood or feeling best. But to me if your not sick like flu sick lol it's go time. I'm easily stressed, so I feel you on the stressing. I try to find things to destress myself. Keep killing it and give it hell girl.
Being sick is not an excuse, Tommy, and even if I am "flu sick", I'll force myself to train at least 4-6 days a week. Unfortunately, I HAVE to train - at least so SOMEthing - or I WILL suffer for it big time physiologically, one reason why all that time out from training re my right shoulder, whilst it "helped" with some recovery for it, was NOT conducive to my body is any other way.

I'm used to stress. I've always been highly stressed, but was learning to manage it. Still have a long way to go, and the last few weeks have brought back the way I used to be with it. But, working on it. As they say, I am a constant "work in progress"...With EVERYthing...

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women are so tough when they are silck :) If I get the flu I am in the bed or on the couch. I don't whine like some men but I do want to be left alone.

Yah there is nothing like rest for recovery, I have been close to overtrained for the last 10 day or so and I got a great sleep Saturday night and last night and am feeling so much better. I love to sleep but at my age it's hard to get those long sleeps in. When I can it's gold ....

I am going to be trying G8 next month when I get my order that should help a lot, people have been saying some pretty great things about it.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Your food intake never creases to amaze me rosie. With your diet I would have so much abdominal fat. In saying that though I do zero cardio...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Women are so tough when they are silck :) If I get the flu I am in the bed or on the couch. I don't whine like some men but I do want to be left alone.

Yah there is nothing like rest for recovery, I have been close to overtrained for the last 10 day or so and I got a great sleep Saturday night and last night and am feeling so much better. I love to sleep but at my age it's hard to get those long sleeps in. When I can it's gold ....

I am going to be trying G8 next month when I get my order that should help a lot, people have been saying some pretty great things about it.
Not ALL women, LOL - but we CAN handle more pain than a male, 'tis true :D

There is nothing wrong with overreaching (yes, there is a difference between "overreaching" and "overtraining" - many people use them interchangeably, even though they are NOT the same), Doug, but I'm glad that you got much needed recovery in over the weekend :) I really only get mine when my body dictates it - or, as in the last week, when I allow myself to fall asleep instead of getting up if I am still awake at the time I want to be getting up...

You'll be fine!

Your food intake never creases to amaze me rosie. With your diet I would have so much abdominal fat. In saying that though I do zero cardio...
I was wondering when you would make an appearance, silvertongue! Missed you :kiss:

Remember that my body is all back-to-front and upside-down and fcuked-up, though - which is highly likely why it responds the way it does to everything.

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not ALL women, LOL - but we CAN handle more pain than a male, 'tis true :D

There is nothing wrong with overreaching (yes, there is a difference between "overreaching" and "overtraining" - many people use them interchangeably, even though they are NOT the same), Doug, but I'm glad that you got much needed recovery in over the weekend :) I really only get mine when my body dictates it - or, as in the last week, when I allow myself to fall asleep instead of getting up if I am still awake at the time I want to be getting up...

You'll be fine!

~Rosie~
Yah overreaching is pretty much default behavior for me. Always trying to prove that I am a cyborg and always disappointed when I find that I am not... but that doesn't mean I am going to stop trying!! :)

The way I look at life is there is the middle and there is the edge and any time spent it the middle is wasted when I could be living on the edge!! .. oh there it is anothe r old fugger quote just happened :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah overreaching is pretty much default behavior for me. Always trying to prove that I am a cyborg and always disappointed when I find that I am not... but that doesn't mean I am going to stop trying!! :)

The way I look at life is there is the middle and there is the edge and any time spent it the middle is wasted when I could be living on the edge!! .. oh there it is anothe r old fugger quote just happened :)
I know what you mean, Doug. I've always been a "machine" in more ways than one - or at least, that's the impression everyone has always had and I've never tried to change it - but even machines break down. Nevertheless, I will keep pushing myself until I have another heart attack or my body gives out on me again, and then I'll just do it all over again. Some of us are just like that. Always pushing the limits, going beyond into the "impossible". After all, why NOT?!

"The way I look at life is there is the middle and there is the edge and any time spent it the middle is wasted when I could be living on the edge!!" I LOVE this and AGREE!

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice quote there DW!

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
murderin this log, luvin it!!!!!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even machines need rebooting from time to time. Sometimes that reboot could be more sleep or better nutrition, but only us as individuals, can see how hard our bodies can be pushed. I thought pt would be rough, bc it being my first time. But I learned that I can push myself more then I believed. So now that will be a goal to apply to my training and discipline when I start back. Live life as their is no tomorrow. At least then you know yourself you gave life everything you had.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a little late, but definitely in to hopefully learn a little from one of the best at this forum. I will be here to watch you achieve your goals Rosie! ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
murderin this log, luvin it!!!!!!
Thanks, bud! Doing my Best!

Even machines need rebooting from time to time. Sometimes that reboot could be more sleep or better nutrition, but only us as individuals, can see how hard our bodies can be pushed. I thought pt would be rough, bc it being my first time. But I learned that I can push myself more then I believed. So now that will be a goal to apply to my training and discipline when I start back. Live life as their is no tomorrow. At least then you know yourself you gave life everything you had.
Very true, Tommy. And last week it seems led into this week - which has been a sh*tstorm until the last couple of days (you'll see in my update tomorrow) - and a SERIOUS REBOOT...You can definitely push yourself further than you ever thought you could, but it takes those circumstances that make you dig deep for everything you have and strength you never knew existed that can pull it from you. The body can endure immense abuse before it breaks. Believe me, I know..."Live life as there is no tomorrow. At least then you know yourself you gave life everything you had." Great motivation for life!!! :thumbsup:

I'm a little late, but definitely in to hopefully learn a little from one of the best at this forum. I will be here to watch you achieve your goals Rosie! ;)
Better late than never :welcome: If there's anything in particular you want to know, just ask :)

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, bud! Doing my Best!

Very true, Tommy. And last week it seems led into this week - which has been a sh*tstorm until the last couple of days (you'll see in my update tomorrow) - and a SERIOUS REBOOT...You can definitely push yourself further than you ever thought you could, but it takes those circumstances that make you dig deep for everything you have and strength you never knew existed that can pull it from you. The body can endure immense abuse before it breaks. Believe me, I know..."Live life as there is no tomorrow. At least then you know yourself you gave life everything you had." Great motivation for life!!! :thumbsup:

Better late than never :welcome: If there's anything in particular you want to know, just ask :)

~Rosie~
Glad I tuned in, I need a little motivation and perhaps a reboot....to the A$$ No sleep cardio twice a day and 1500 cals a day. That on top of my high volume workouts... Glad you are crawling out of it....the strongest steel is tempered in the hottest fires...remember that the next time you get burned your are only getting tougher.. Thanks for the motivation. I am going to eat my modest dinner wait three hours and hit the treadmill again before bed. I'll read over you posts again fire myself up.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad I tuned in, I need a little motivation and perhaps a reboot....to the A$$ No sleep cardio twice a day and 1500 cals a day. That on top of my high volume workouts... Glad you are crawling out of it....the strongest steel is tempered in the hottest fires...remember that the next time you get burned your are only getting tougher.. Thanks for the motivation. I am going to eat my modest dinner wait three hours and hit the treadmill again before bed. I'll read over you posts again fire myself up.
We all need motivation sometimes, David. And a reboot. No one is immune to their humanity...Doesn't sound like you're being very nice to yourself, but if that's what you have to do to get to where you want to be, then by all means. You have support for it!...That it is indeed. I've been through hell and back more times than I can count, and no doubt I'll be walking through it again in the future. Every time I come out a little different, but always stronger and more determined, refined further. Life is a never-ending walk through fire, testing our spirits and character, purifying us for what is to come, creating the being we are destined and meant to be!...You're welcome, David. Anytime...Have a good night :)

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
We all need motivation sometimes, David. And a reboot. No one is immune to their humanity...Doesn't sound like you're being very nice to yourself, but if that's what you have to do to get to where you want to be, then by all means. You have support for it!...That it is indeed. I've been through hell and back more times than I can count, and no doubt I'll be walking through it again in the future. Every time I come out a little different, but always stronger and more determined, refined further. Life is a never-ending walk through fire, testing our spirits and character, purifying us for what is to come, creating the being we are destined and meant to be!...You're welcome, David. Anytime...Have a good night :)

~Rosie~
You are so right, life is most certainly a journey, not a destination...Journeying to the fitness room to get my cardio on :)

You have a good night too

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are so right, life is most certainly a journey, not a destination...Journeying to the fitness room to get my cardio on :)

"The joy is in the journey" .. I agree... the benefits you were looking for when you chose this lifestyle; well you're getting them right now, enjoyment is optional... :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

There is no "end" to life, even after death!...Hope you blasted that session and had a good night afterwards, David!

"The joy is in the journey" .. I agree... the benefits you were looking for when you chose this lifestyle; well you're getting them right now, enjoyment is optional... :)
"Enjoyment is optional." Very true, Doug. I don't live this lifestyle because I always love it. I do it because I HAVE to! Have a great Sunday, my friend :)

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
There is no "end" to life, even after death!...Hope you blasted that session and had a good night afterwards, David!

~Rosie~
I blasted that session got up at 7:00 am and blasted another before breakfast! ran a few errands then its nap time, to the gym for pecs, delts and tris, the more cardio. You are right about life it is everlasting we just move from this physical life to the spiritual, frankly I look forward to it :) Hope your day is everything you need and want it to be.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I blasted that session got up at 7:00 am and blasted another before breakfast! ran a few errands then its nap time, to the gym for pecs, delts and tris, the more cardio. You are right about life it is everlasting we just move from this physical life to the spiritual, frankly I look forward to it :) Hope your day is everything you need and want it to be.
Awesome! It's going well so far. Training done, all "household" chores completed. Now just finishing up my Motivational for today and making this week's update, before a little work, and then hopefully some chillout time. Thanks for introducing me to Silent Civilian - loving their Rebirth Of The Temple album; it's joining my training playlists :)

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
REFINED in Hell's Fires. REBORN from the Ashes. NEW Terminator Rising Up! (Part I)

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along" . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

For the complete Motivational, review Strong Enough to Face Life | WPM Women.

TRAINING

It's been another screwed up week of training, primarily because I have not been going to sleep until ~0330 every morning, and, instead of just pulling an all-nighter as I would have done in the past, just staying up and starting training ~0430, I have been "letting" myself fall asleep, waking between 0530-0730, giving me some time to go for a run in the morning before work sometimes (if waking before 0630) and meaning training has to be done after work (which can be any time from 1930-2200), which is what "keeps" me awake until all hours (that, and being highly stressed, my mind not able to "turn off")...

Training completed this week:

Monday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 49 min

Session 2

CrossTrainer 10 min

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 6
2. BB Military Press 6 x 10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 7
3. Single-Arm Cable Lateral Raises 2 x 15 per side
4. Single-Arm Plate Lateral Raises 2 x 15 per side
5. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 10
6. Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps 6 x 20

Did not go to sleep until just AFTER my 0330 alarm, waking at 0430 and 0523, just getting up at 0530, since it was obvious I wasn't going to go back to sleep, I just got up...Went for my HIIT Run at 0700. It was cold, but the freshness was welcome. I felt fresh despite the lack of sleep, my sprints hard and fast and feeling like the best re intensity I was able to put into them in a long time. Right knee started seizing up during the last few sprints though, and it was an effort to push through...Resistance training waited until after work - the ONLY day this week I actually finished at the time I am SUPPOSED to, instead of going several HOURS OVERtime. Started out on the CrossTrainer for a warm-up, faster than I have ever done on it before, keeping my pace high, to get me warm and make my legs hurt, to cover any other pain I was experiencing, ignoring the sharp burning in my right biceps' tendon and cramp in my left calf. Moved from that to Behind-the-neck BB Military Press - I did better than last week, more reps at the same weight, but it hurt more as well, and I kept pushing for 2-4 reps MORE than I should have, the pain becoming excruciating. BB Military Press was interesting and I almost dropped the barbell after each set from the pain. Tried a different "approach" re lateral delts today, and did three different exercises for two sets. Single-Arm Cable Lateral Raises were WTF?! I was weak as anything, my biceps tendons screaming well after only a few reps on each side. I was near tears on the second set and had to dropset the weight, feeling like the most pathetic creature in the gym with how light it was. Single-Arm Plate Lateral Raises were ok, but seeing the difference in muscle and definition between right and lefts sides noticeably. DB Lateral Raises finished me off for sure. And if they didn't, my Side-to-side Plyometric Bench Jumps did - I used the highest bench in the gym, which yes, might not have been the best idea, and on my third set, my vision blurry, I stumbled, lost my balance and almost faceplanted into the dumbbell rack in front of me. A little lightheaded, I took a brief breather before finishing off my sets...No post-weights cardio today - after the Bench Jumps, I was done...

Tuesday

Run 7 miles @ 5 min/mile pace

Stretch 31 min

Another sleepless night into the early morning, this time with only half an hour of sleep from an overload of stress [the last few weeks]. A couple of hours later, because my mind would just not turn off and I needed some time out, I went for a 7-mile run at 5-minute mile pace to meditate and clear my head. It's been a long time since I ran so far or pushed my body that hard, and believe me, I FELT it! I definitely don't do things by half measures and one of these days, if I keep pushing myself like this, either my heart will give out again or my body will break somewhere else. Not that I am too worried about THAT...The crisp air helped calm the chill around my head, although my eyes were watering (not just from the cold). I wore only a t-shirt because I wanted my skin to be numb, to give something for my mind to wander to (which they didn't). Just me, the road, and God. Barely able to breathe, shallow gasps of air, my mind screaming (for a time), ignoring the pain in my right knee (for as long as possible; got hard to when I was limping from ~15 minutes into my run)...Gave several things up to God [I should have a long time ago] and finished my run feeling somewhat lighter. Still decided to leave my resistance session until after work though...Weights did not end up happening, as sh*t going at work blew to pieces and I was there far later than I wanted (and expected) to be, the calm evaporated into a seething aggression that would not have been conducive to training (even though I channel my aggression and rage through my training, there ARE some times when all it would be is a detriment and my training that day a waste of time). To be done later in the week...

Wednesday

Day OFF

Sleep started when I wanted to be getting up, for only ~3 hours, before it was time to get up. Just felt sluggish, head pounding. Work was another disaster, and a discovery later that evening tipped me over the edge of the sanity that I have been trying to hold onto for the last month. In an instant, all life, energy, motivation, and desire for anything but a deep, dark numbness and wanting to disappear from the world replaced me. In such a state, training was not even a thought.

Thursday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 24 x 20 sec effort/10 sec rest
c. 4 min skipping

Stretch 30 min

After a restless, sleepless night, not even there, a blank mask on a shell, I finally kicked myself in the head and went out for a run - HIIT, since I didn't do anything yesterday. During HIIT a change came over me. Something rose inside me and roared, my thoughts suddenly transformed from the discombobulating spinning in my mind to an eerie calm as it realized the truth it had known but not wanted to know, accepting the challenge of life, renewing courage, casting aside weakness and all mental restrictions that would hold me back in the future and prevent me from doing what I must and should. In an instant I was changed, like someone had suddenly shut me down, all that was left the machine that others had (until now) always had an impression of, a strength unlike any strength I have used before, rebuilding my resolve, my will. Freedom is a very releasing feeling. Even if it returns back to you parts of you thought to have been suppressed forever - there was a reason I was as I was when I was younger; it was how I survived (with His Grace), and in this time, it has joined me again. It has joined me and other aspects of me have gone, but not for a brief time - this time it is FOREVER and I do not want them back either. From now on I will be a weapon, attacking life with a vengeance, determination to leave as deep an impression on it as possible, as deep a mark as possible on all whose lives I cross paths with. A Warrior with a Purpose, I will have no hesitation in doing what I HAVE to do, anything in my life with destructive power GONE...Determined and light-hearted, I headed to work...However, the aggression of earlier this week returning full-force later on as an abusive situation turned yet again for the worse, making me mad enough to spit bullets, destructive enough that training, even though I WANT to hurt myself, would have been self-destructive in a NOT good way tonight, so I left it alone...

Friday

Session 1

Run 7 miles

Stretch 13 min

Session 2

CrossTrainer 10 min

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between supersets and giant sets):
SuperSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
2. Dips 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
SuperSet B -
3. Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 10
4. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 8, 8, 6, 6
SuperSet C -
5. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 10
6. Standing DB French Press 4 x 6
Giant Set -
7. Alternate DB Hammer Curls 4 x 8 per side
8. Swissball Crunches (270 to 180 degrees; feet on wall, knees at 90 degree angle) 4 x 10
9. Ab Rollout 4 x 10
10. Deadbug 4 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio:
a. Kettlebell throw and catch to a squat (standing on BOSHU Ball) 5 min
b. Skipping (as many “double unders” as possible) 5 min
c. Skipping (on the BOSHU Ball) 5 min

Stretch 15 min

Passed out a little earlier than usual last night, but plenty of time for a 7-mile run before work - starting to like these again; might start doing them every other day instead of only 10 minutes of cardio pre-weights. Run was great. Air was cooler this morning, but crisp enough to wash over me in a calm, leaving a blank canvas for the day...Resistance session was going to be a hit-or-miss-not-sure-if-I-will-do-it after work (day 0830 to 1930 - NO breaks). Because I haven't done one since Monday, I knew I HAD to, and despite still not being sure whether or not I would actually do one, I took all my pre-training supplements at 1900 in preparation for it, more motivation (well, that, and I work in a gym, so there's NO excuse NOT to train, really). Somewhere between then and 1930, my mood drastically changed and I was READY to go!...Started out on the CrossTrainer, HARD AND FAST, virtually making it a 10-minute "sprint". Gasping for breath, I half-jumped-fell off, blood pumping, ready for the weights...Already determined that I was going to put my body through its paces, short recovery period between heavy supersets, lifting as much as I could. Started off with Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls - been struggling with these ridiculously the last few weeks, so, against all sense, upped it a little and nearly didn't make the last rep on the last set. Dips I did more slowly, going lower than ever, making sure to gauge the "intensity", so my reps would match that re Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls. Loving the vascularity popping when I started on SuperSet B, only getting stronger, the double blue lines separating in my biceps after the first superset. Even though the DB I used for Zottoman Curls were lighter than I am used to using, they made me work, and my arms were getting so pumped and tight that they started becoming painful on the third set. DB French Press sent a sharp pain through my right anterior deltoid and bicep, but I pushed past it, gritting my teeth for six reps each set. Finished off weights with a giant set, one last exercise for arms to ensure complete destruction, before setting into abs. Although only 10 reps each set of each abs' exercise, they were burning from the very FIRST set of Swissball Crunches! My body was on FIRE by the end of my session...Not over yet, though! Because I wasn't going to do post-weights cardio (and I really SHOULD have, since this is something I have learnt that my body NEEDS!), I did something else. After contemplating attempting standing on the swissball, or even jumping up and squatting on it (I know, stupid, considering it's how I broke my left wrist the first time), I ended up doing kettlebell throws on the BOSHU ball instead with one of the guys I work with - squatting down on catching it (so much for NO work for legs, right, LOL). One of the guys I work with and I have a standing competition to see who can do the most "double unders" with a skipping rope without stopping, so after all that, we spent several minutes trying to outdo each other and see if we could beat the record for it - which neither of us managed to do, our knees shot, my right almost giving out on me and rolling my left ankle. But, not to be deterred, I suddenly had the idea of making it MORE difficult and decided randomly to try skipping on the BOSHU ball (not a word - but not to be attempted at home, LOL :p) - NOT easy by any means, and I spent more time on the floor than the ball for my first few attempts. After being looked at like I was out of my mind (I'll try almost anything once- why not?!) and being told to stop, since what a great example it is for the trainers to be doing "dangerous" things, I succeeded not once, but TWICE, and then got Joe to try it. Great times, honestly. Ended the session sore and bruised (I still have burn marks on my arms, elbows, and back from my "great" idea of using a swissball as a "sumo-suit" against Joe, and instead of bouncing back onto my feet as I did the first time we did it, just flying my feet out from under me, top half first, onto my back onto the concrete floor several times), but LAUGHING...Went out to dinner with the guys afterwards, so very different than I had been all week, as if the DELIBERATE pain I was putting my body through, the latest way to see how far I can push my body to see if it "breaks", giving me a new lease on life...

Saturday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10, 8, 8 per side
2. Dips 3 x 10, 8, 8
3. Plank 3 x 1 min
TriSet B -
4. Plate Lateral Raises 3 x 15
5. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 8
6. Rear Delt Flyes 3 x 11
TriSet C -
7. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 3 x 10
8. Side-to-side Alternating DB Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB/floor) 3 x 10
9. Ab Rollout 3 x 10

Stretch 20 min

Woke the latest I have in a long time this morning, after passing out earlier than usual, giving my body a few extra hours of obviously needed sleep...My mood from last night still in the system, I was bouncing around work with energy, jumping up and down on the BOSHU ball like it was a trampoline, causing the guys to shake their heads in amusement, being told it was like I "have been drinking", LOL...By the time work was over I was so READY for training, hammering it out with a Full-Body session, a little shorter than last week, but with higher intensity...CrossTrainer to start - I was almost laughing to myself during the first few minutes, but as I dug in and pain set into my left knee (from the skipping last night) and under my breastbone (a sharp, stabbing pain had lingered there for the few hours PRE-training and I was NOT going to have it prevent me from training), the "smile" became a grimace...30 seconds rest between [any] sets is what my body seems to respond to the best as far as progress, so I am sticking to it, no matter how hard I push myself. I was shaking badly on my second Plank, after feeling my triceps trembling during the prior set of Dips. Probably should have done a few more reps of each set re Lateral Raises, so next week I'll go heavier (and use DB), but more than made up for it by going heavier and struggling through Rear Delt Flyes, my left wrist cracking and creaking. My right elbow still refuses to come in close by my side when doing Supinated BB Bent Over Rows, despite my best efforts, so I am just going to have to work harder on this. Push-Ups were killer, my arms nearly giving out on me towards the end of my second set - noticing how "rounded" my upper back is from my cycling days when doing these (and planks), no matter how straight my back is or good my posture/form. Finished off the last triset with almost-all-the-way-to-the-floor Ab Rollouts, feeling my core tight and burn from yesterday's abwork...No post-weights cardio, just stretching, since I was really feeling it in my right shoulder/bicep afterwards (pain that ended up lasting all day)...

Sunday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Stretch 25 min

Beautiful day outside. Since I have only done two HIIT sessions this week, because I need to do THREE, and because I do NOT want to do any more NOT sprinting, I went for a HIIT Run, albeit only doing eight sprints, so that I can give it everything tomorrow morning (since Monday is a HIIT day). My body is exhausted [from yesterday's resistance session] but my sprints were good, the first few surprising me, actually, seeming almost effortless and over before I knew it. Going to have to start doing LONGER sprints, or just do upwards of 20-24 from now on!

Training this week was again not even close to Maintenance, and in fact, LESS than last week (which is so very NOT cool), so much so that I pretty much consider this a "Week Off"! I got beaten this week - just not in training as much as I had planned on! "Rebooting" is OVER - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! DESTRUCTION TO COMMENCE, please!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
REFINED in Hell's Fires. REBORN from the Ashes. NEW Terminator Rising Up! (Part II)

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

9.1% bodyfat - instead of a 0.3% decrease in bodyfat this week, I GAINED by 0.3%! My body composition was not something I was looking forward to seeing this week, knowing what kind of week it was re life events, stress, training (not even HALF of Maintenance), nutrition (not ONE "good" day - pizza and chocolate or buffet EVERY night after work), and everything else going on. But, it's done now. The week is over. It's been a week a long time in coming, but there can NEVER EVER be another like this in my life! And NEXT week I am aiming to lose ~0.1% bodyfat a DAY!...That aside, I HAVE gained some muscle mass this week - even though my right and left sides are still unbalanced, there is more mass in my deltoids and arms, the definition clearer than it was last week when I was leaner. Unfortunately, even though little resistance training done, with not even Hamstrings done when it WAS done, my lower body has "grown" by almost an INCH - so got to REALLY watch this and ELIMINATE ALL exercise with even a hint of weight that works legs...

Supplements

My bottle of AnaBeta runs out tomorrow - instead of a month, it's only lasted three weeks, since I've been using 5-6 caps daily (more than the 4-5 caps noted in post #1, but what seems to work "best" for me)...It's been nearly three weeks of using Erase PRO. It has not been the best three weeks ever, and each one has changed drastically re training AND nutrition, but progress HAS been made - just over one more week left to see what happens...

Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Crash Diet

As much as I hate to admit it, this did NOT happen this week. I know shame on me; I need to be more DISCIPLINED (but hey, I am only human, and I AM going to have my "weak" moments like everyone else). But, not going to regret it or stress over it, and just going to attempt it this COMING week instead. No biggie. Getting training back on track and up to Maintenance, completed first thing in the morning pre-work, and work hopefully less stressful, all other disruptions in my life from this last week [and month, really], somewhat "settled", I should be able to REfocus and DO THIS! I HAVE TO! NOT being leaner is NOT acceptable!

If I thought last week was stressful, it didn't hold a candle to what happened THIS week, which has honestly been one of the hardest and most challenging weeks in my LIFE (which says a lot, given everything I've been through)! That said, I guess it's been some time in coming, and now that it's over and done with, I can let go and move ON with my life for the better, thankful for the experience, grateful to have been blessed such, stronger and more determined than ever, knowing that the best for me is yet to COME, having faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now in my life. I have NOTHING left to lose, so it's time to push the limits even MORE than ever, marching FORWARD with directive PURPOSE! There is a NEW Terminator in the world!

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

9.1% bodyfat - instead of a 0.3% decrease in bodyfat this week, I GAINED by 0.3%! My body composition was not something I was looking forward to seeing this week, knowing what kind of week it was re life events, stress, training (not even HALF of Maintenance), nutrition (not ONE "good" day - pizza and chocolate or buffet EVERY night after work), and everything else going on. But, it's done now. The week is over. It's been a week a long time in coming, but there can NEVER EVER be another like this in my life! And NEXT week I am aiming to lose ~0.1% bodyfat a DAY!...That aside, I HAVE gained some muscle mass this week - even though my right and left sides are still unbalanced, there is more mass in my deltoids and arms, the definition clearer than it was last week when I was leaner. Unfortunately, even though little resistance training done, with not even Hamstrings done when it WAS done, my lower body has "grown" by almost an INCH - so got to REALLY watch this and ELIMINATE ALL exercise with even a hint of weight that works legs...

Supplements

My bottle of AnaBeta runs out tomorrow - instead of a month, it's only lasted three weeks, since I've been using 5-6 caps daily (more than the 4-5 caps noted in post #1, but what seems to work "best" for me)...It's been nearly three weeks of using Erase PRO. It has not been the best three weeks ever, and each one has changed drastically re training AND nutrition, but progress HAS been made - just over one more week left to see what happens...

As much as I hate to admit it, this did NOT happen this week. I know shame on me; I need to be more DISCIPLINED (but hey, I am only human, and I AM going to have my "weak" moments like everyone else). But, not going to regret it or stress over it, and just going to attempt it this COMING week instead. No biggie. Getting training back on track and up to Maintenance, completed first thing in the morning pre-work, and work hopefully less stressful, all other disruptions in my life from this last week [and month, really], somewhat "settled", I should be able to REfocus and DO THIS! I HAVE TO! NOT being leaner is NOT acceptable!

If I thought last week was stressful, it didn't hold a candle to what happened THIS week, which has honestly been one of the hardest and most challenging weeks in my LIFE (which says a lot, given everything I've been through)! That said, I guess it's been some time in coming, and now that it's over and done with, I can let go and move ON with my life for the better, thankful for the experience, grateful to have been blessed such, stronger and more determined than ever, knowing that the best for me is yet to COME, having faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be right now in my life. I have NOTHING left to lose, so it's time to push the limits even MORE than ever, marching FORWARD with directive PURPOSE! There is a NEW Terminator in the world!

Ok ....NOW I'm fired up, wish I'd seen this before I had my workout, though it was stellar...maybe it's better I did not. with all that motivation behind me I may have hurt myself lol I still have cardio to do before bedtime, I'll carry it with me into that I am glad you are fired up, I am glad that you believe in the higher power(seems so few do and often we are ridiculed) Keep impacting lives and hold true to your purpose. You have support. Also glad you like the music, they are one of my faves and that is a great work out cd top to bottom. Keep on keeping on Rosie and thanks for helping us do the same :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie I will pray for you daily. Sleep is so hard to get that sometimes I wonder if the gov't will market it and sell it. I have tried so many different methods, from pills to other methods without them. I finally had a dr give me soemthing called restril. I'm lights out with in 30 minutes. When i take it at decent time, I wake up for work with no jet lag. But anyway I'm just saying I know how important sleep would be for you. Your workouts would make some cry just reading them. Your def a true testament to mind of matter. Hope this week goes better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie I will pray for you daily. Sleep is so hard to get that sometimes I wonder if the gov't will market it and sell it. I have tried so many different methods, from pills to other methods without them. I finally had a dr give me soemthing called restril. I'm lights out with in 30 minutes. When i take it at decent time, I wake up for work with no jet lag. But anyway I'm just saying I know how important sleep would be for you. Your workouts would make some cry just reading them. Your def a true testament to mind of matter. Hope this week goes better.
Maybe something will arrive in the mail to help you sleep Rosie... :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok ....NOW I'm fired up, wish I'd seen this before I had my workout, though it was stellar...maybe it's better I did not. with all that motivation behind me I may have hurt myself lol I still have cardio to do before bedtime, I'll carry it with me into that I am glad you are fired up, I am glad that you believe in the higher power(seems so few do and often we are ridiculed) Keep impacting lives and hold true to your purpose. You have support. Also glad you like the music, they are one of my faves and that is a great work out cd top to bottom. Keep on keeping on Rosie and thanks for helping us do the same :)
Still plenty of time for motivation to kick in, David. And to use it...Yes, I definitely believe in a Higher Power, that Higher Power being GOD. I was brought up with Him always in my life, and I honestly canNOT imagine ever NOT having Him there...Thank you :)

Thanks, Tommy. I'm not so worried about sleep, since I can get by on 2-4 hours a night easily, although two is pushing it; I really need 4-5 hours to be at my best...Training is hurting, but at the same time I'm kicking myself because I do NOT feel like I am doing ENOUGH! Guess that's a mindset I will have to adjust at some point, but I DO need to get back to at LEAST Maintenance training. Definitely mind over matter last week, ANYthing that I did, training and otherwise...I think it will!...

Maybe something will arrive in the mail to help you sleep Rosie... :)
Al sent it out, Doug, so maybe in the next day or so :)

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still plenty of time for motivation to kick in, David. And to use it...Yes, I definitely believe in a Higher Power, that Higher Power being GOD. I was brought up with Him always in my life, and I honestly canNOT imagine ever NOT having Him there...Thank you :)

Thanks, Tommy. I'm not so worried about sleep, since I can get by on 2-4 hours a night easily, although two is pushing it; I really need 4-5 hours to be at my best...Training is hurting, but at the same time I'm kicking myself because I do NOT feel like I am doing ENOUGH! Guess that's a mindset I will have to adjust at some point, but I DO need to get back to at LEAST Maintenance training. Definitely mind over matter last week, ANYthing that I did, training and otherwise...I think it will!...

Al sent it out, Doug, so maybe in the next day or so :)

~Rosie~
good to know... really looking forward to know what you think, stuff is supposed to be strong ....mine ships late this week with the rest of my monthlies :)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are some very motivational and inspiring words in this log so far. Now I know where I need to come if I need a mental check.....good stuff ;)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good to know... really looking forward to know what you think, stuff is supposed to be strong ....mine ships late this week with the rest of my monthlies :)
You know I'll just tell it how I experience it, Doug. Plus, by time I start it, it'll be the only new supplement in my regime (since I've used everything else in my "stack" and I will be finishing up Erase PRO next Tuesday - if I don't get another bottle to continue on with it).

There are some very motivational and inspiring words in this log so far. Now I know where I need to come if I need a mental check.....good stuff
Thanks, bud. Just trying to keep it all going, and now, with a "new lease on life", I'm determined to let NOTHING stop me from getting where I want to, doing what I must, and becoming what I have to!

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscle Chronicle

Interviews With Top Athletes

Just want to send a shout out to Austin and Phil for honouring me with appearing on Muscle Chronicle :) I actually did this interview last year, even though it was only published yesterday. It's a different kind of interview, not your usual "what is your training and diet like?", etc.

To check it out, review Rosie Chee Scott Interview: The Female Terminator

Have a Blessed day All!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee Fitness Newsletter :: March 2012

THE HEART EDITION

There comes a time in all our lives when the importance of our health becomes apparent - for some it is sooner than later. When that happens, you have two choices to make: Either you do everything possible to ensure your future health and fitness, or you do nothing.

This month in the 'Training' section, I have explained how you can train to optimize your cardiovascular fitness, to help decrease the risk of heart disease and other heart-related issues.

In this month's 'Nutrition' section, I have identified seven superfoods that can help improve your heart health.
Check out this edition of the Rosie Chee Fitness Newsletter HERE.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
... and we all know.. nobody has more heart than Rosie... :)
LOL...Not THAT kind of "heart" , Doug...Although I honestly don't know how much of that is left...It's something ELSE entirely now...

~Rosie~

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rosie, some great updates. Sound like you have had an epiphany of sorts which is always awesome. Also sounds like you have at least got a tiny bit of rest.

If you are talking about Al sending you some G8, you may actually find that you are able to sleep with it. Honestly the strongest GH/sleep aid supp I have used to date.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie, some great updates. Sound like you have had an epiphany of sorts which is always awesome. Also sounds like you have at least got a tiny bit of rest.

If you are talking about Al sending you some G8, you may actually find that you are able to sleep with it. Honestly the strongest GH/sleep aid supp I have used to date.
I guess you could call it something like that, Chris. Was a lot more though, I think. Long story short, took me coming so close to just not being here anymore to finally kick myself in the head and REALLY stand up and do what I should have done so long ago. My body may have rested, but the mental and emotional strain was still exhausting.

Yes, Doug was kind enough to make the suggestion to Al and it should be arriving in the next day or so. My sleep is slowly getting better, although I am still only getting 2-4 hours - 4 hours is ok, but less my body can only do for so long. In fact, today, at ~1000, it all hit me and I pretty much had to lie down, and could barely move until close to ~1700. If I don't get it, my body lets me know! I will let you know how it goes.

On that note, I've stuck to Lyle's "diet" so far this week and will keep on with it. Interested in what Sunday's body composition result is, since, although I have not lost that much re body mass, I definitely LOOK like I have leaned up over the last few days (although, if I have gained a little muscle mass, that would do it as well).

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL...Not THAT kind of "heart" , Doug...Although I honestly don't know how much of that is left...It's something ELSE entirely now...

~Rosie~

Sorry can't resist a cheeky play on word... :)

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rosie good to see you sticking with that diet. I have played around for so many years trying to find one for me. The last couple of weeks my breakfast has been bowl honey nut cerioes with fresh blueberries. Greek yougurt for break with granola, lean lunch meal then after work some craze pre workout then lean supper. Point is I've been in the 240's over a year thus from dropping from 291 couple yrs ago. I weighed today and hit 235.2 I have not seen 230's in 5-6 yrs. I'm learning discipline more now then ever.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie good to see you sticking with that diet. I have played around for so many years trying to find one for me. The last couple of weeks my breakfast has been bowl honey nut cerioes with fresh blueberries. Greek yougurt for break with granola, lean lunch meal then after work some craze pre workout then lean supper. Point is I've been in the 240's over a year thus from dropping from 291 couple yrs ago. I weighed today and hit 235.2 I have not seen 230's in 5-6 yrs. I'm learning discipline more now then ever.
It's only been five days, Tommy, and come Sunday (because, YES, I WILL stick to it!), it will literally be a record for me in "dieting" (no, I am NOT kidding - never do them because I go BACKWARDS or get LESS progress than eating as I normally do!) You know that I DON'T "diet" and that I don't think it will do much for me, but I am determined to give it the BEST shot possible. Lean Gains, although not a "diet" per se, but more a nurtitional METHOD re feeding times definitely works the best for me though - I know this withOUT a doubt, and will continue using it infinitely, albeit my food timing, macros, and food consumed re type and calories individualized for ME.

That's AWESOME, Tommy! I'm so very please for you :)

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Rosie. I don't diet either, I always use that word not meaning too. I have changed the way I eat by using fresh fruits in ceral, yougurt with home made granola, and portion control. I don't like using fad diets. I had to learn what my body works best off, and it took me for ever lol. Yeah I hit 45 minutes again today. I have noticed doing all this cardio helps me sleep.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rosie. I don't diet either, I always use that word not meaning too. I have changed the way I eat by using fresh fruits in ceral, yougurt with home made granola, and portion control. I don't like using fad diets. I had to learn what my body works best off, and it took me for ever lol. Yeah I hit 45 minutes again today. I have noticed doing all this cardio helps me sleep.
Yes, I'm not a fan of "diets". To me DIET IS A LIFESTYLE!

Anyways, on that note, I am using the Category 1 of Lyle's "diet" and that allows for NO refeeds until after 11-12 days and NO cheat meals until the Maintenance weeks. Soooo...It wasn't a "record", because last night I went out to the buffet with the guys after my evening run - yes, even though it was PAST/outside my 8-hour feeding window, but also because I think a lot of the lack of energy I have been experiencing this week (you'll see when I make my weekly update later today), has to do with the lack of calories and carbohydrates (which my body works best with!) I've been having, on top of my demanding training regime, and having a day HIGHER and "cheat" is NOT going to harm my overall progress, given that my weekly total calories will even out at still ridiculously well below my Maintenance...It may have made the difference in me losing that additional 0.1% bodyfat this week, but I'll take that chance...As with everything, I'm just making my own adaptation and next week I am going to do the same thing, by instead of having three refeed days, I am only just going to have the one on either Friday (since it's my Full-Body day that day) or Saturday (since it's the day before my day OFF, but incidentally also before the day I take all my body measurements, etc.) - likely Saturday - and see what happens. If it all goes well, I may just continue with such a method until I reach the body composition I want to...

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Focus on my strength today…I feel the life inside of me…Determined Succeeding... (I)

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"You have seeds of greatness in you. Keep growing, keep reaching for new heights. Your best days are still out in front of you." - Joel Osteen

For the complete Motivational, review Seeds of Greatness | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Training has been GREAT this week! Back on track, exactly as it SHOULD be, the way I WANT it to be! No matter WHAT time I've been going to sleep, my body has woken up like clockwork before or around 0330, getting my day started the way I prefer! ALL training has been completed, and to an intensity that has left me drained at the end of the day, but feeling satisfied!

Training completed this week:

Monday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 13, 8, 8, 6
2. Rear Delt Flyes 2 x 13
3. BB Military Press 4 x 13, 8, 8, 8
4. Seated DB Shoulder Press 2 x 12, 8
5. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
6. Single-Arm Cable Lateral Raises 2 x 15 per side
7. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (on bench, reaching down 4 inches with the BB) 4 x 10
8. Swissball Leg Curls 2 x 15

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 101-105 rpm

Stretch 30 min

Do not know if I went to sleep just after 0000 or 0200 last night, since I was awake at 0200, but I think more in the "am I sleeping or awake?" mode...Got up fresh though, at 0330, ready to start the day...Head truly in the game, I headed off for HIIT an hour later. Sprints felt fast, and my knees did not really bother me at all, which was great. Well warm, downing my Assault and heading to the gym, enjoying the dark, a spring in my step...Started with Behind-the-neck BB Military Press. First set was ok, but on the second my right delt and biceps' tendon was SCREAMING, and it was an effort to even manage eight reps. Each consecutive set after that was so painful that I stopped after the fourth set and did Rear Delt Flyes for my "last two sets". Strength surprisingly up with Rear Delt Flyes. Back to the barbell for BB Military Press, with a reasonable first set, but poor for the rest. Following the pattern for rear delts, I did a couple of sets of Seated DB Shoulder Press to "finish" anterior delts off. Strength is coming back slowly for Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises - still starting off with right side all the time, to help build that strength back up, since my left has not lost a lot. Struggling on the last couple of sets. After doing Single-Arm Cable Lateral Raises last week, decided to give them another shot, but failed miserably, and even on the LIGHTEST stack weight, struggled badly. Wanted more of a stretch in my hamstrings today than I have been getting, so, instead of doing my Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts on a box, I did them on a BENCH, reaching down as low as I could without falling over; finishing off the session with Swissball Leg Curls...Walked back to the hotel and sat on the Recline Bike there for 20 minutes, before heading back to my room and stretching...

Tuesday

Skip x 300 revolutions

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 8
2. Dips 4 x 8
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Incline DB Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 12, 12, 10
5. V-Bar Tricep Push-Down 4 x 10, 8, 8, 7
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet C -
7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12
8. Standing DB French Press 4 x 6
9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet D -
10. Swissball Crunch (270 to 180 degrees; feet on wall, knees at 90 degrees) 4 x 15
11. Ab Rollout 4 x 15
12. Plank 4 x 1 min

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 104-108 rpm

Stretch 31 min

Broken sleep last night, waking every 30-60 minutes, but ready to go come 0330...Headed off to the gym ~0500 (since no HIIT Run pre-weights, pre-weights cardio is fine at the gym), smiling and focused. For the first time there were a lot of people there, which was surprising, and because the CrossTrainers were all being used, I just took a skipping rope and did my thing there...Leaving barely any time between finishing, I started my resistance session. NO mercy today, making it harder by adding 100 rope revolutions at the end of my usual weighted superset each time. Strength coming back on Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls, which is nice, and on Dips I made sure to go extra deep and slow with, to match my reps with the former. Went heavier with both exercises in TriSet B, but struggled on the last set of each, which was ok. Really seeing the vascularity in my arms popping during this, loving the double head in my bicep. TriSet C was the surprising factor in this training session, my strength fading a little, and I had to drop my weights after the first set. Abs were BURNING during TriSet D, but it was well worth it...Walked back to the hotel and finished up 20 minutes on the Recline Bike...

Wednesday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 22 min

Session 2

Run 7 miles @ 4.6 min/mile pace

Stretch 16 min

Woke at 0310 today, but didn't get up until 0330. Felt a lot better than I have been this morning and couldn't wait to get out on the road. Sprints were great starting out, but by the time I got to the eighteenth one, I could feel my pace slowing as my knees started protesting and I became nauseous (likely just from pushing myself so hard in all the ones leading up to them). Made sure I stretched out thoroughly afterwards...Things came to a head at work later on that day and at 1500 I walked out for the last time. Can't say what a RELIEF it is, really. Impulsive maybe, but after everything the last few weeks, I definitely believe it to be in my best interests at this time in my life. Still trying to calm down a little, I decided to go for a 7-mile run in the evening to blow off more steam. I didn't set out intending to pound myself into the road, but my aggression must have been unconsciously driving my body and the pace held no mercy. I didn't mind though, although when I got back to the hotel, it was a SLOW walk back up the stairs to my room, LOL. Surprised to find my pace the FASTEST I have EVER done - all that pent up aggression and emotion is good for SOMEthing! Stretched some more, exhausted...

Thursday

Recline Bike 10 min @ 110-112 rpm

Back/Chest (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Single-Arm Bent Over DB Rows 4 x 15, 12, 10, 8 per side
2. Side-to-side Alternating Medicine Ball Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on m/b-floor) 4 x 10
3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
TriSet B -
4. Supinated Bent Over DB Rows 4 x 10
5. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fists) 4 x 10
6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 30 min

After ~2.5 hours sleep, got up and began my day...Since it's only Back/Chest day today, I didn't go to the gym and just went downstairs to the hotel Fitness Room, since it has enough for what I need...Started off on the Recline Bike, short and fast...Immediately into the weights after 10 minutes. Started off with Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows, just to change things up - I haven't done these for YEARS, and I ended up increasing my weight for each set, since I underestimated my strength on them. What I found surprising was that my LEFT side was weaker than my right, my LEFT biceps tendon hurting sharply, the effort on the last couple of reps the last couple of sets for this, instead of in my RIGHT side. Despite how I've been feeling lately doing Push-Ups this way, I forced them because I wanted to hammer myself, especially since I rarely do more than a total of eight sets on Back/Chest day (yes, it’s my "short" resistance session for the week - plus, if I do TOO much for my back, it grows, and I don't want it either thicker or wider). As with my Arms/Abs session, I created and completed each triset with 100 rope revolutions, keeping my heart pumping rapidly, and believe me, I FELT it! Since the hotel Fitness Room only has dumbbells, I improvised and did my "usual" Supinated Bent Over Rows with them - surprisingly, my right elbow did not go out as much as it does when using a barbell for this exercise. More Push-Ups - on my fists this time, each rep painstakingly slow, to feel the burn...Recline Bike finished me up, legs spinning...

Friday

Session 1

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sprint/10 sec easy
c. 12 min jogging

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Weighted DB Crunches (on floor, knees at 90 degrees) 3 x 15
2. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 15
3. Pikes (on floor) 3 x 10
TriSet B -
4. DB Bicep Curls 3 x 21s
5. DB Hammer Curls 3 x 10
6. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
Triset C -
7. Bent Over DB Rear Raises 3 x 10
8. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10
9. DB Hammer Raises 3 x 10
TriSet D -
10. DB Bent Over Rows 3 x 10
11. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fists) 3 x 10
12. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (DB to touch floor) 3 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio:
Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 32 min

Session 2

Recline Bike 20 min @ 115-118 rpm

Was SHATTERED yesterday from ~1000 (thinking it was the 7-mile Run on Wednesday night) and spent most of the day listless, going to bed "early", passing out swiftly, not waking for 5.5 hours, albeit at 0330. Still felt EXHAUSTED on waking, but after I'd had my cup of green tea, started waking up a little...Took me a little longer than usual though to get myself psyched up for my HIIT Run. I could feel the difference in my body as soon as I started out. Still, pushed the pace as much as I could. After eight sprints, decided to just take it easy from there (it's ok to do less sprints on one HIIT session a week), and made my way back to the hotel gingerly, my mid to lower back in a lot of pain...After grabbing my drink bottle, headed down to the Fitness Room, ready for the weights. Since HIIT Run was a little "easier" than normal, I was NOT going to give myself any leeway. TriSet A had me wincing in pain on the FIRST set, and each set of Pikes was done VERY slowly (which is better than fast anyways, but still). Strength today was noticeably lower than usual, and I ended up using the same dumbbells for each exercise in TriSet B (not usually done), feeling the BURN in my arms, particularly painful in my right biceps tendon. LEFT biceps' tendon decided to join in and play up the pain during TriSet C...Accepting NOTHING LESS THAN MY BEST NOT an option, I spun it out on the Recline Bike post-weights, surprisingly feeling it in my quads superiomedial to my knees (both - and no, it wasn't my knees). Grateful to be finished, my legs and back welcoming stretching time...Like yesterday, at ~1000 my energy just drained from me and I had to lie down. Stayed like that until ~1700, when I had to go out for something, coming back as soon as I could, lying back down and passing out until ~1830, not really starting to "wake up" until ~2000. On "waking", my right rotator cuff and biceps' tendons were both aching sharply, which is NOT cool. Anyways, because of events that transpired not long after, instead of going out to dinner with the guys (despite their persist pleading), to get rid of some aggression, I went downstairs and sat on the Recline Bike for 20 minutes (would have gone for a run if I did not want to be "careful" of my right shoulder/arm)...

Saturday

Session 1

Run 3.5 miles @ 5.7 min/mile pace

Stretch 26 min

Session 2

Run 7 miles @ 6 min/mile pace

Even though I woke at 0330, because I only had to do cardio today, I didn’t "get up" until 0430. Completed a few things and then went out for my run (always prefer running to cycling now, spinning best for my body POST-weights). Was quite chilly and windy, my hair whipping around me, my skin cold, but didn’t bother me. Running in the dark, listening to Red and Skillet, it was calming for me, and even though my body was fatigued (obvious by my average pace), I ENJOYED it...I wasn't planning on doing anything later in the day, but after my energy faded between 1000-1200, my right biceps tendon pain flaring sharply, I decided why NOT hammer myself and see if I could destroy my body COMPLETELY this week, by doing yet ANOTHER 7-mile run in the evening! Passed out from ~1500-1700, light-headed and my heart pounding for no reason, I waited an hour after taking three scoops of RecoverPRO and having a cup of green tea, before heading out. Started out ok, but my body was definitely feeling it, and at the 14-minute mark I slowed considerably as it became difficult to breathe. Battled on though, since I HAD to finish, relieved when I was done, but also pleased that I HAD done it...

Sunday

Day OFF

Still woke at 0330, even though today had no training planned. I definitely WAS going to do some - at the very least, go for a run, but held myself back from it, giving my body today to recuperate. In years past, I would have balked at doing absolutely NOTHING, even for a day, wanting to do at LEAST 20-30 minutes of light spinning on my bike, but after what my body has been through in the last few years, I have realized the importance of SCHEDULED DAYS OF REST, and they have become ESSENTIAL to me, especially considering having a week off training, even here and there, is not really a viable option for me if I wish to maintain normal physiological function.

Training was back to Maintenance this week, which definitely felt GREAT and was mentally refreshing! Made a few changes to some training sessions here and there, but overall, the end result came out right, working well for me. Definitely discovered that the shorter my recovery periods when resistance training, the better my body feels. Making each session (aside from Shoulders/Hamstrings) completely trisets also made a difference - my body certainly prefers the "non-stop" intensity and responds the best to it as far as progress re conditioning (except for strength, of course, and by the end of the week, my strength was waning a little). Having my 20 minutes of post-weights cardio in there also makes a considerable difference (definitely I believe on my body composition). Very pleased to be back on track, knowing this is how it HAS TO - and WILL - BE from now on!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Focus on my strength today…I feel the life inside of me…Determined Succeeding... (II)

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

8.5% bodyfat - 0.1% bodyfat off losing 0.1% bodyfat a day! I can't complain, since last night I DID allow myself a refeed/"cheat" meal (yes, even though it's not allowed in the Category 1 of Lyle’s "diet" and was outside my 8-hour feeding window for Lean Gains). Even though my overall body mass [of 108 pounds] has NOT changed since Wednesday (down from 113.4 pounds from last Sunday), each day since then the changes in leaning have been visible...My waist is now only 0.5 centimetres (i.e. 0.2 inches) off being the smallest it has ever been. My arms are back to being balanced re size, with my legs close to it. My top four abs are grooved, with the next two coming in when I flex, and my obliques coming out. My hips are popping. The width of my back is now back to comfortable size, with the fat lost from my back and shoulders...Very close to being back to being comfortable in my body and a body composition I don't mind being at. So, despite only losing 0.6% bodyfat this week (instead of 0.7% bodyfat), I am reasonably pleased with it, and know that next week will be even BETTER!!!

Supplements

My current bottle of Erase PRO runs out on Tuesday, but I have more, so will continue on with that - likely until the start of April. Also got more AnaBeta, restarting that again on Saturday - THANK YOU, Alex!!! Still have everything else.

Supplementary Notes

I've been EXTREMELY thirsty this week, since my AnaBeta ran out. Feeling like I cannot drink ENOUGH. It's possible that Lyle’s way of eating is having some effect here, or a mix of everything coming into play...Body temperature has been very elevated, and I have had the air conditioning set between 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit to even be comfortable. A huge change to last week, where my body was almost like ice most of the time - now I barely want to have any clothes on at all, LOL...Libido has also been elevated. RIDICULOUSLY so, and the last two days have been like "WOW!"...Sleep (as noted above under "Training") has been better, albeit only 2-5 hours a "night". Finding my energy drained in the latter half of the week from ~1000 to ~1700, very glad that I did not have to work those days (if I had worked, it would not have showed though - amazing what you can push the body through)…Joints [and related areas] have been a little up and down. Knees are better when running, not hurting as much. Right rotator cuff and biceps' tendons have been less of an issue than my LEFT this week, actually, and I will have to watch my left, because I do NOT need MORE time out from injury. What has helped a lot in this regard, especially in recovery, is NO Infuse, surprisingly, and I apply it pre AND post-training for this purpose now...My heartbeat has been very strong this week, and lying in bed the latter half of the week [when exhausted] I could feel it pounding, so much sometimes that it felt like someone was beating a drum through my body. Ironically, around the time when I came close to having - for absolutely no reason - my second ever panic attack (thankfully, I did not, because those are NO fun). Maybe the stress of everything is unconsciously affecting me more than I thought it was...Stress has been higher than ever. I usually deal well with stress, but there IS such a thing as TOO much...Despite that, often this week randomly I will remember something and it makes my heart smile, causing a genuinely unaffected smile on the outside, others commenting on it. But, even in dark times, there are blessings, and I am grateful for mine. It lets me know that I am not completely forsaken...

Muscle Chronicle Interview

Muscle Chronicle asked me some very different and provoking questions. See here for the complete interview.

April MuscleBombshell Contest

Sam Rivera honoured me by asking if he could add me to the Cover Model Search that he has started running on Facebook. Currently in second place, any and all support in this would be truly appreciated. For those who have a Facebook account, all you have to so is "Like" the MuscleBombshell.com page, and under the folder titled MB Cover Model Search - April 2012 (in the Photos section), click on my image (first on the bottom row), "Like" and "Share" it. Thank you :)

World Physique Magazine

The Winter-Spring 2012 Issue of World Physique Magazine is now available! If you have an iMag subscription, you can view it online here. It is also available from Barnes & Nobles and Nook, as well as in print. I have a couple of pieces in it, if you want to check it out :)

I am using the Category 1 of Lyle's "diet" and that allows for NO refeeds until after 11-12 days and NO cheat meals until the Maintenance weeks. That said, as with everything, I adapted it a little and instead of having three refeed days after 11-12 days, I am just going to have one a week - on either Friday (since it's my Full-Body day that day) or Saturday (since it's the day before my day OFF, although incidentally also before the day I take all my body measurements, etc.)...Because I think a lot of the lack of energy I have been experiencing this week (as noted above under "Training"), has to do with the lack of calories and carbohydrates (which my body works best with!) I've been having, on top of my demanding training regime, I justified that having a day HIGHER and "cheat" is NOT going to harm my overall progress, given that my weekly total calories will even out at still ridiculously well below my Maintenance, and last night I went out to the buffet with the guys after my evening run - yes, even though it was PAST/outside my 8-hour feeding window. I was actually pretty good and loaded up on steak and vegetables, lots of fruit for dessert, the only really "bad" thing (and what I would normally have a LOT of!) some chocolate cake and brownie with bread and butter pudding), surprisingly not eating it all (which is NOT like me at all!)...That "cheat" last night may have made the difference in me losing that additional 0.1% bodyfat this week, but I'm ok with that, given the results (although, I do believe that my training HAS played the larger role in it)...One more week to go with my experiment of Lyle's diet - it’s going to be interesting where I end up come next Sunday. If my progress is anything like this week, I will be very close to being in the condition that I was when I shot with Walt Ostarly last November (aside from the differences in delt and arm muscle). If it goes well, I might just go onto the "Maintenance" phase after next week, and repeat the 4-week cycle, or just use what I have adapted it to...

Things have been better this week as far as everything. Still, even after "rebounding" back up last week after what happened, this week brought me very close to the breaking point where I was just ready to say "FCUK IT!" and walk away from EVERYthing. If it were not for my photoshoot with Walt at the end of April, I would have been on a plane with a one-way ticket to disappear into the world where no one could find me for a long time between last Sunday and today.

Dying and breaking are not the same thing, and I have to keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason, even if that reason is not clear to us at the time. I KNOW that this is NOT even close to the end of the line for me, that there are definitely BETTER days ahead, better TIMES ahead, so much more for me to experience and LIVE in life, and I am looking ahead to that. For now I am just striding FORWARD, embracing the decisions and the crossroads that I know loom before me. A friend recently told me they have learnt that the end is the beginning of something new for me, and they are right. It is - my life is OPENING up, with new people and opportunities walking into my life, as I let go of those I thought were a "lifetime", that even fiercER nature, the Unwillingness to settle or tolerate abuse or bullsh*t from others, causing me to fearlessly walk into the unknown, making decisions that are going to drastically change areas in the course of my life! I WELCOME it! Let me RISK! Let me leap OFF the edge! Let me FLY!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job Rosie...good to see things are going great and according to plan! :thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job Rosie...good to see things are going great and according to plan! :thumbsup:
Thanks :) It's been a while, but I FINALLY feel like I am TRULY back on track! It's taken going through hell for the worst time ever to ignite that something lurking deep down inside me. A something that is without hesitation willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that I become the BEST I can ever possibly be, no longer holding on to things of the past or that might hold me back, truly empowering me to rise up, so that when my life ends, when all is said and done, I will have done MORE than I said! I cannot put into words how exhilarating that is, how light I feel, the freedom that my spirit is soaring on right now, but it's awesome, and a very LONG time in coming!

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good God this girl cough cough WOMAN lol Makes a lot of people look weak. I think you could write a book just on your journals and training. Glad to see your feeling better and on track. BUFFETTT!!!!! OMG that sounds so good right about now!