The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Page 33 of 44 First ... 3132333435 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"The power of life and death is in the tongue....................."
    It can most definitely be, Tony, despite the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Words are some of the most POWERFUL WEAPONS there are and they can DESTROY a soul; which is why we should be so CAREFUL what we speak, especially over others and our own lives!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I do have discernment but there are people I can't see...it does work in with what people write sometimes but not always. I really comes down to trusting you're instincts but my brain gets in the way sometime.

I do write better than I speak...I am better one on one than in a group when it comes to expressing ideas.
    Yes, instinct and God-given discernment are two very important intangibles in life, Doug.

I write better than I speak as well - if I tried to say what I write I might just come out a jumbled mess, since my mind works far faster than I talk, and there is usually always a million trains of thought going on in there, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bigguyn10ec View Post
    Wow. just read through alot of this log.. One of the best logs I have seen !.
    Thanks, bud!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

@rosiecheewarrior
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

2. I Found MY Miracle...It's YOU...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Miracles

LIFE is a miracle. YOU are a miracle. Miracles happen ALL the time, every second, minute, hour, week, month, year, and lifetime. NEVER underestimate the power of FAITH in life.

Sometimes that miracle will be your OWN. It might be an event, a person, a thing. It might be something you never thought possible for you, a dream held so tightly and close to your heart that you dare not even utter it. Yes, miracles HAPPEN. And they can happen to YOU.

Sometimes YOU might be the miracle in anotherís life. The person who creates such a difference that they are forever changed, their life taking a new turn, renewing their faith, letting them find their courage and gather their strength, so that they can life as they were MEANT to.

Miracles donít always happen instantly. Sometimes they happen gradually, over time, waiting to see whether or not your heart is open to accept them, whether or not you are ready and willing to experience such wonder in your life. Allow your heart to have faith, so that you SEE them.

ALWAYS BELIEVE. Believe IN miracles. Believe that they are for YOU. Believe that YOU are a miracle and that one day you will be the miracle in someone ELSEíS life, just as another may one day - if they arenít already - be the miracle in YOUR life. It happens. JUST BELIEVE.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

HIT:
    a. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    b. Burpees (into push-up) x 1 min
    c. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    d. Ab Rollout x 1 min
    e. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    f. Push-Ups (with alternate side rotation) x 1 min
    g. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    h. Deadbug (with 10-pound medicine ball) x 1 min
    i. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    j. Side (right) Plank x 1 min
    k. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    l. Side (left) Plank x 1 min
    m. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    n. Single-Leg (Right) Deadlift (with lateral twist and reach) x 1 min
    o. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    p. Single-Leg (Left) Deadlift (with lateral twist and reach) x 1 min
    q. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km x 1 min
    r. Mountain Climbers x 1 min
    s. Treadmill @ 3.75 min/km
    t. Plank x 1 min

Stretch 39 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Slept a little yesterday evening, before going back to bed.

Energy: Very, VERY low. After training I just have NOTHING left. Going to have to take a catnap before going to work tonight.

Stress: Very, VERY HIGH, more then the usual high - wondering if it's contributing to my body's exhaustion.

Quality of Training: HIT - using the treadmill yes, but that's ok; shoes were the "right" ones for it, and was on and off every other minute, which made it easier. It was a non-stop session, discovering a few weaknesses as I went through, gritting my teeth through the searing pain in both shoulders.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

@rosiecheewarrior
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    It can most definitely be, Tony, despite the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Words are some of the most POWERFUL WEAPONS there are and they can DESTROY a soul; which is why we should be so CAREFUL what we speak, especially over others and our own lives!

Yes, instinct and God-given discernment are two very important intangibles in life, Doug.

I write better than I speak as well - if I tried to say what I write I might just come out a jumbled mess, since my mind works far faster than I talk, and there is usually always a million trains of thought going on in there, LOL.

Thanks, bud!

~Rosie~
    Ditto I have a bit of ADD so I can be kind os scattered...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

4. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    What were we talking about again?
    Recoverbro

5. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Others may see it as "scattered", but I know it's not always thus. For example, I can be having a conversation and change topics so it appears completely random and then return to the original topic after a few comments, etc. like it was never left, and then go off on a tangent again, or as things come to me, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    What were we talking about again?
    Too many things to count

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee

Others may see it as "scattered", but I know it's not always thus. For example, I can be having a conversation and change topics so it appears completely random and then return to the original topic after a few comments, etc. like it was never left, and then go off on a tangent again, or as things come to me, LOL.

Too many things to count

~Rosie~
    I have a rather erratic presentation style when educating groups about addiction, but I always tie it all together at the end. I tend to see connections where others may not, so I can relate to that.
    Recoverbro
  7. Do You See What I See?

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Keep Moving

There are times in your life when all you see is DARKNESS - behind you, around you, in front of you, hemming you in, trapping you, making it hard to breathe, to see, to feel anything other than despair. Never ever think that you are ALONE in this experience, in feeling like that, because almost EVERYone will go through it at some point in their life.

However, you will likely BE alone when YOU go through it. You may feel abandoned by those you thought the ones who would always be there, isolated and misunderstood by those that should have known better, cast adrift without a rudder to steer your direction.

DONíT LOSE HOPE. Even if you canít yet see it, the darkness that youíre in has an END. There IS a light IN it, waiting for you to get close enough to see it, if only the faintest of glimmers. There is ALWAYS a light in the darkness, a beacon of hope you can cling to, a sliver of faith that enables you to KEEP MOVING.

Whatever you do, keep making your way FORWARDS. Never backwards, for you do not want to return to the place from whence you came. You want to step FORWARD into what the future holds for you, the opportunities that were not in the past and can only be grasped by discovering them and stepping INTO them.

No matter what happens, no matter how dark, how bleak the present may seem, ALWAYS hold onto your Faith and your Hope, for this is NOT the end for you. You were not meant to perish in darkness, but live in the LIGHT. COMPLETELY, without hesitation and fear or doubt, surrounded by love and acceptance, at ďhomeĒ.

So if you canít see that light, if you canít see that glimmer, BELIEVE in it and the future that awaits you and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Day OFF

Sleep: Went to bed in the mid-morning today - after running around work last night I was wired (despite being shattered and wanting nothing more than to go to bed when I went), and the food shoveled down around midnight probably didn't help things, LOL (have to STOP that, since it was OUTside my Lean Gains 8-hour feeding window - in fact, this week I have been doing more 12-hour fast/12-hour feeding window, just because things have been all over the place, but definitely feel better with the 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window).

Energy: I feel ok so far, but going to take this day off training. Still have to work, but I get to do that in my own time today, which is nice. My body needs to calm down after this last week, especially since next week is going to be even MORE hectic.

OTHER NOTES

FitnessX Magazine

The July 2012 issue of FitnessX Magazine is now out - you can read it for free online HERE.

I have a couple of contributions in this issue:
    * One of my favourite recipes (I literally used to make this and eat bowls of it, LOL) on page 41; and
    * My article (I love the layout of this!) Resistance Training for the Marathon Runner on pages 94-97 (huge thank you to Tony Mitchell for this beautiful image - from my birthday photoshoot in May).

Huge thank you to Kat Painter and BillyBow for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the FitnessX Team

@rosiecheewarrior

8. Good stuff with the magazine I hope the day brings much needed rest.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Good stuff with the magazine I hope the day brings much needed rest.
    Thanks, Chris Unfortunately mostly work, but at least it's not physical today. Hope you and Jo enjoyed the weekend and she's feeling loads better!

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Keep Moving

There are times in your life when all you see is DARKNESS - behind you, around you, in front of you, hemming you in, trapping you, making it hard to breathe, to see, to feel anything other than despair. Never ever think that you are ALONE in this experience, in feeling like that, because almost EVERYone will go through it at some point in their life.

However, you will likely BE alone when YOU go through it. You may feel abandoned by those you thought the ones who would always be there, isolated and misunderstood by those that should have known better, cast adrift without a rudder to steer your direction.

DON’T LOSE HOPE. Even if you can’t yet see it, the darkness that you’re in has an END. There IS a light IN it, waiting for you to get close enough to see it, if only the faintest of glimmers. There is ALWAYS a light in the darkness, a beacon of hope you can cling to, a sliver of faith that enables you to KEEP MOVING.

Whatever you do, keep making your way FORWARDS. Never backwards, for you do not want to return to the place from whence you came. You want to step FORWARD into what the future holds for you, the opportunities that were not in the past and can only be grasped by discovering them and stepping INTO them.

No matter what happens, no matter how dark, how bleak the present may seem, ALWAYS hold onto your Faith and your Hope, for this is NOT the end for you. You were not meant to perish in darkness, but live in the LIGHT. COMPLETELY, without hesitation and fear or doubt, surrounded by love and acceptance, at “home”.

So if you can’t see that light, if you can’t see that glimmer, BELIEVE in it and the future that awaits you and KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Day OFF

Sleep: Went to bed in the mid-morning today - after running around work last night I was wired (despite being shattered and wanting nothing more than to go to bed when I went), and the food shoveled down around midnight probably didn't help things, LOL (have to STOP that, since it was OUTside my Lean Gains 8-hour feeding window - in fact, this week I have been doing more 12-hour fast/12-hour feeding window, just because things have been all over the place, but definitely feel better with the 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window).

Energy: I feel ok so far, but going to take this day off training. Still have to work, but I get to do that in my own time today, which is nice. My body needs to calm down after this last week, especially since next week is going to be even MORE hectic.

OTHER NOTES

FitnessX Magazine

The July 2012 issue of FitnessX Magazine is now out - you can read it for free online HERE.

I have a couple of contributions in this issue:
    * One of my favourite recipes (I literally used to make this and eat bowls of it, LOL) on page 41; and
    * My article (I love the layout of this!) Resistance Training for the Marathon Runner on pages 94-97 (huge thank you to Tony Mitchell for this beautiful image - from my birthday photoshoot in May).

Huge thank you to Kat Painter and BillyBow for giving me the opportunity to be a part of the FitnessX Team

I loved this read. I sometimes wonder why I continually go to the gym and just not accept what others around are doing about their health. NOTHING> I wonder if I'm being selfish in going to the gym and leaving my wife and baby at home while I go do what I love, TRAIN, for a brief moment after work. I often wonder if letting myself get extremely soft and unhealthy is what it will take to get others to undertand how unhapy I will truly be if I stopped working out and sat on the couch and watched endless hours of television. I feel alienated at work and have no one to really talk to about why I do what I do in the gym. No one cares becuase they would be happier if I just became one of them. At home, I don't discuss health or working out because this is just something my significant other isn't interested in. The only place I have to remain motivated is an online community. Wow. Really? I needed this read. Maybe one day my hard work will maybe pay off. How? I don't know but it's motivation enough to keep learning, driving and moving towards, well forward.

11. Rosie,

I don't generally post music links because every body has so varied tastes, but this one reminds me so much of your fierece determintation that I thought I would post it for you. (King)James turned me on to this band.

Recoverbro

12. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    I loved this read. I sometimes wonder why I continually go to the gym and just not accept what others around are doing about their health. NOTHING> I wonder if I'm being selfish in going to the gym and leaving my wife and baby at home while I go do what I love, TRAIN, for a brief moment after work. I often wonder if letting myself get extremely soft and unhealthy is what it will take to get others to undertand how unhapy I will truly be if I stopped working out and sat on the couch and watched endless hours of television. I feel alienated at work and have no one to really talk to about why I do what I do in the gym. No one cares becuase they would be happier if I just became one of them. At home, I don't discuss health or working out because this is just something my significant other isn't interested in. The only place I have to remain motivated is an online community. Wow. Really? I needed this read. Maybe one day my hard work will maybe pay off. How? I don't know but it's motivation enough to keep learning, driving and moving towards, well forward.
    Thank you Sometimes you HAVE to be selfish for YOU - I have learnt that; after all, if YOU don't take care of you, who else is truly going to? No one, that's what. It's you and you alone against the world, even though it's not supposed to be like that. Trust me, if I was like most people, I'd rather shoot myself right now and be done with it, because most people do NOT live but merely exist, and that to me is NOT living, but wasting the life that they were given to be a Blessing with! Most people don't like what they don't understand, what is different, what is NOT them, those are are NOT content to live mediocre lives as another "sheep" just following the man and living for, well, living for what; possessions and accolades are not everything and none of them truly mean anything in the grand scheme of life - nothing except what impact you have on the world and the difference you can make in the lives of others. Even "like-minded" individuals can be hard to find in this lifestyle, because not everyone thinks the same or shares the same views, and even those who live this lifestyle can be like everyone else. Yes, I have strong opinions and I'm not afraid to voice them, LOL, but I am glad that you can feel free to express and share here.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Rosie,

I don't generally post music links because every body has so varied tastes, but this one reminds me so much of your fierece determintation that I thought I would post it for you. (King)James turned me on to this band.

Awesome song - thank you, Tony You have no idea how much this song describes where I am at this point in my life right now!

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Thank you Sometimes you HAVE to be selfish for YOU - I have learnt that; after all, if YOU don't take care of you, who else is truly going to? No one, that's what. It's you and you alone against the world, even though it's not supposed to be like that. Trust me, if I was like most people, I'd rather shoot myself right now and be done with it, because most people do NOT live but merely exist, and that to me is NOT living, but wasting the life that they were given to be a Blessing with! Most people don't like what they don't understand, what is different, what is NOT them, those are are NOT content to live mediocre lives as another "sheep" just following the man and living for, well, living for what; possessions and accolades are not everything and none of them truly mean anything in the grand scheme of life - nothing except what impact you have on the world and the difference you can make in the lives of others. Even "like-minded" individuals can be hard to find in this lifestyle, because not everyone thinks the same or shares the same views, and even those who live this lifestyle can be like everyone else. Yes, I have strong opinions and I'm not afraid to voice them, LOL, but I am glad that you can feel free to express and share here.

Awesome song - thank you, Tony You have no idea how much this song describes where I am at this point in my life right now!

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie. I definitely read that response several times. I don't mind sharing because like you said, it's hard to find like minded people. You definiteLy speak your mind. It's truly noted and your thoughts are well respected by me, no matter the response. I read through your log and see just how much you let out your thoughts, feelings and opinions.
  14. I know that this road is my destiny...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Choices, Chances, Changes

We all have choices. We all have chances. We all don’t have to change.

We all have to decide to make a choice to take a chance if we want to change.

If you are not happy with where you currently are in life, then step back and reassess your situation. See where you are and where you WANT to be. Consider all the possibilities. Weigh in all the choices. Lay them all out before you and make a DECISION.

Your decision could be to stay where you are, because your comfort zone is safer than risking the unknown. Your decision might be to take that chance and risk everything you know for what you don’t, having faith and believing that putting yourself out there is the FIRST step to achieving your dreams.

Your decision to step OUTside your comfort zone is going to lead to CHANGE. Change is GOOD. Change means FORWARD momentum. It implies PROGRESS. Taking that first step into the unknown could forever change your life as you know it, but you will never know unless you TAKE it.

If you want your life to CHANGE, then you WILL make the CHOICE to CHANCE the roll of the life’s dice and GO FOR IT!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Monday

HIIT Run:
    a. 5 min jogging
    b. 28 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 5 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 6
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Rear Flyes 2 x 12
    4. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. BB Military Press 4 x 6
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet D -
    7. DB Arnold Press 2 x 12
    8. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    10. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet F -
    11. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12
    12. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 103-107 rpm

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Up two hours later than I wanted to be, but I'll get there by the end of the week.

Energy: Started fading ~1500. It was a LONG day and passed out on the couch again last night.

Quality of Training: Made it a shorter session in the morning, planning on doing Hamstrings with some cardio in the evening after work, but that didn't happen due to being so exhausted (to be done on Tuesday instead). The rest of the session went ok, pushing through the pain in my shoulders and wrists (both of which are playing up now).

@rosiecheewarrior
  15. No Plan B

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

True Strength

Strength is not something you SEE. It is something you FEEL. Something you DISCOVER. Something that overpowers you with its presence that you canít help BUT notice it.

Strength is what you find when you think you have NOTHING left. When you run out of options and REFUSE to give in, knowing that there is something MORE out there. Something to live FOR. Something to keep you going, because it is NOT yet the end for you.

Strength is the PASSION deep inside you. It is the WILLPOWER that drives you. It is the DETERMINATION to never ever give up no matter what. It is the TEARS that you hide, the smile that shows when you feel like you are shattering inside into a million pieces that will never be able to be put back together. It is the LOVE you give when you feel like you are empty of all emotion and have nothing left.

Strength is so much MORE than can ever be described. It is a trait of those who LIVE on, who have survived horrors and circumstances that would break the human soul. It is the foundation built with FAITH that there is more to life than what is currently happening. It is knowing that there is something BETTER coming, to be made, to be created, to be SOUGHT and FOUGHT for. It is NOT making or accepting excuses on failure to rise to the challenge and be ALL that you can be.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Tuesday

Skip x 300 revolutions

Arms (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
    2. Dips 4 x 6
    3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. Alternate Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 16
    5. Rope Tricep Push-Down 4 x 6
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet C -
    7. Cable Bicep Curls (each hand with individual handle) 4 x 10
    8. Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions 4 x 10
    9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 100-103 rpm

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Up an hour earlier than yesterday - only an hour off when I want to be getting up ALL the time henceforth, so let's make it tomorrow!

Energy: Fading again at ~1500, so headed home from work early, and no doing Abs as a second training session with cardio either (going to have to do this with Hamstrings tomorrow and make it five days re weights this week - no biggie).

Joints: Left wrist in so much pain today that I strapped it up for the second half of the day.

Quality of Training: Hit the heaviest body mass I have had in the last 3-4 years today (nothing to be proud of or happy with), and definitely felt it with Dips (who wouldn't feel an extra 20 pounds on their usual "comfort" mass?!), but knowing I am stronger as well, since tempo I slowed down on almost everything, despite the screaming in my wrists (THEY do not like the extra weight). No wonder my legs feel so heavy, and I hate the way I feel - got to TURN this around (I was 9.1% bodyfat on Sunday morning), no excuses (as embarrassed as I am to admit it, instead of going the way I wanted after my birthday I went in the complete OPPOSITE direction - the only consolation is that my delts and arms have grown more and are now the best that they have ever been, so will look better when I am leaner again).

Other Notes: As much as I hate to admit it, I have become rather dependent on my "staples" and being withOUT them, especially the stims (yes, one reason why I am fatiguing so easily is because I am perpetually anaemic - not iron deficient, but because of my blood disorder - and for some reason the stims seemed to help combat the usual fatigue I have) is a mini-nightmare. I don't feel much like me, even though I have been able to smile the last couple of days (work has been fun) and just want to return to my "normal" as SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Muscle and Strength: My first "fitness" article Breaking the Myth: "If I Lift Heavy I'll End Up Looking Like A Man!" (originally written for Applied Nutriceuticals and since published on multiple websites) has now been republished by Muscle and Strength - you can read it here.

@rosiecheewarrior

16. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Thanks Rosie. I definitely read that response several times. I don't mind sharing because like you said, it's hard to find like minded people. You definiteLy speak your mind. It's truly noted and your thoughts are well respected by me, no matter the response. I read through your log and see just how much you let out your thoughts, feelings and opinions.
    No worries, bud Yes, sometimes I have had to learn how to reign in my opinions, especially over here, since they are often not too well taken (people seem to dislike strong-minded individuals, particularly females, and do not like being told the truth), but now, I really don't care what others think of my perspective, because they will think what they will and so will I, and no one is "right" per se - we are all entitled to have our own views and people will always clash and I respect that. I just choose to pick those I "surround" myself with carefully - if you don't TRULY live my lifestyle or are not someone who has been dear to me for longer than forever, then you are just superfluous in my life really. No more letting myself be taken down or trapped by those who don't want me to spread my wings simply because they won't dare to chance to fly themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    Jammie! The man who first had faith and saw something in me, starting me down this path in my fitness journey has finally arrived! Let's give him all a MASSIVE guys!

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior

17. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post

~Rosie~
    Hoped you would appreciate that, glad you do!
    Recoverbro

18. Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Hoped you would appreciate that, glad you do!
    I do, thank you - it's now on my training playlist

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    No worries, bud Yes, sometimes I have had to learn how to reign in my opinions, especially over here, since they are often not too well taken (people seem to dislike strong-minded individuals, particularly females, and do not like being told the truth), but now, I really don't care what others think of my perspective, because they will think what they will and so will I, and no one is "right" per se - we are all entitled to have our own views and people will always clash and I respect that. I just choose to pick those I "surround" myself with carefully - if you don't TRULY live my lifestyle or are not someone who has been dear to me for longer than forever, then you are just superfluous in my life really. No more letting myself be taken down or trapped by those who don't want me to spread my wings simply because they won't dare to chance to fly themselves!

Jammie! The man who first had faith and saw something in me, starting me down this path in my fitness journey has finally arrived! Let's give him all a MASSIVE guys!

~Rosie~
    Welcome Jammie!
    Recoverbro

20. a lot of work, time, dedication into this log!
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness

21. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    a lot of work, time, dedication into this log!
    This is really more than "just a log" - even though I have not always gone into comprehensive detail, it's pretty much an evolution of me, following my journey since the start of the year, the changes that I have gone through, etc.

Sometimes it can take a lot of time - updating may become a little more sporadic as I start working more and more again, but even if it does, you guys can always check out my daily Motivationals by going to the Rosie's MuscleRevolution Facebook page re "Notes" (or my personal page).

~Rosie~

@rosiecheewarrior
  22. Calmly Disturbed

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Expectation and Appreciation

We have expectations of ourselves - that does not mean everyone else does the same. Those of us that have expectations of ourselves often also have expectations of others - expectations they may not have themselves, and if they do, likely to be very different from those held by the individual in question. Therefore, it is better NOT to have any expectations of anyone BUT yourself, for that way no one can ever DISAPPOINT you - for you WILL be disappointed if you expect everyone else to hold to the SAME standards that you set for yourself.

Instead, learn to be SURPRISED and APPRECIATE it when someone rises to the occasion and you discover that they DO have expectations of themselves after all, and that sometimes they might not be so very far off your own for you.

If you stop expecting and begin accepting the truth of the world, then your perception of it and the people in it changes. It changes from one who is always cynical to one who can be surprised, one who can see the beauty in life, the blessings in the tragedy. Life changes when WE change, when our PERCEPTIONS change, when we learn to LET GO of the things that we canNOT control, and learn to focus on making OURSELVES the BEST that we can, hoping that we are example enough that others will FOLLOW suit.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 7 min jogging

Session 2

Hamstrings/Abs (30 sec recovery between supersets and trisets):
    SuperSet -
    1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on step, reaching DB down ~6 inches) 4 x 10
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet A -
    3. Weighted DB Crunch (on bench) 4 x 10
    4. Reverse Curls (on bench) 4 x 10
    5. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    6. Swissball Leg Curls 1 x 20
    7. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 x 20
    8. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Did not get up an hour earlier than yesterday, but an hour LATER, and was NOT pleased.

Energy: Getting lower by the day - and no, I am NOT "dieting" or being restrictive with carbohydrates or anything else silly like that. There are a few factors in play, one of which is stress, the additional body mass, and the fact that I have not taken a break from training in ~6 months - my body is just letting me know that I can't completely abuse it.

Joints: Getting more and more painful both my shoulders and wrists - it has become a constant nuisance now.

Quality of Training: HIIT was slower than slow, my sprints as fast as I could make them, but almost seeming like my "regular" jog (when I am feeling ok). Entire body was just exhausted and the extra body mass is not being kind on my knees or lower legs...Did the Hamstrings and Abs that I did not do on Monday and Tuesday respectively - glad I did them, because I didn't feel like it and was just going to leave work early withOUT anything further than my HIIT Run done prior to. I DID get on the Recline Bike after the weights, but stopped after a minute my body was THAT bad. Weighing up what to do for the rest of the week.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quiet in my soul, albeit VERY disappointed in myself for the last 6-7 weeks and letting myself get affected the way I have.

Iron Mulisha: John actually inspired this piece - read The Life I Chose To Live here.

@rosiecheewarrior
  23. THANK YOU!

I WOULD LIKE TO ACKNOWLEDGE...

Very few of us succeed on our own - more often than not it is a "team" effort to get you to where you are, and none of us would be where we are today if it were not for some significant people and events in our lives. I would like to just acknowledge (again for a couple, since I have noted this in times past, but it IS important to me) some of those individuals who have been significant in my fitness journey and where I am today.

The most significant person in starting me on the path I have been on the last few years is Jammie Bane. Jammie saw something in a stranger more than half-way around the world that gave him faith a place on the AppNut team for me would not be in error. If it were not for Jammie, I would likely never be here in the US (at least, not for the reasons I did, nor for why I am still here), never have encountered the people that I have (some of whom have changed my life in more ways than I ever thought possible!), not be following the same path that I am today (not just because opportunity might not have presented itself, but because some significant events might have never come to pass). Jammie truly set me on this particular fitness path and the journey thus far has been beyond anything I could have imagined. The people I have met along the way, the support and encouragement that has been discovered - it is tremendous, and I am blessed and grateful to all those who have been a part of my journey, who see that same something Jammie saw and believed in, giving me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and live my vision.

Being a published author is a dream I have had ever since I can remember. Although I still hold that dream re having a novel of my own published one day, I want to thank Tammy Renee of World Physique for first making my dream in being a published author true when she gave me the opportunity writing for a fitness and lifestyle magazine, with my own Inspiration/Motivation column in World Physique Magazine and WPM Women (before the first publication with my work in the former came out). If not for Tammy I would never have started writing my [daily] Motivationals, sharing and becoming more personal (that's thanks in huge part to that special individual mentioned below) in speaking what is on and in my heart...I would also like to thank Kat Painter of the FitnessX Team, who allowed me to share in a different area of my expertise, making me a Sports columnist for FitnessX Magazine...

Modeling is not something I ever thought I would do, but I have done quite a bit over the last year, discovering a new enjoyment and path in the fitness industry to explore and use as a platform to reach out to more people. Tony Mitchell was the first photographer I worked with once I made the decision to seriously pursue fitness modeling, and he was so patient with me, guiding me, trying to pull something out of me I never thought I would be because it was so very not me. Not just a photographer but a true artist, I have worked with Tony several times since that first time (from which several of the images were published), and it is awesome when you find a friend in a mentor. I enjoy being different and not doing what everyone else does, and Tony is able to bring my soul out in his images (especially the last shoot we did at the end of May), creating magic whenever we shoot.

We all have someone who has inspired us along our life's journey. I have been the most inspired during the last few months, during the darkest, but also the lightest period of my life, finally closer to being the woman God intended me to be - all because of one very special individual who was the catalyst for all the growth in my life and most of the changes I have made. It's amazing how ONE person can make so much difference and they truly have been the most significant person in my life instigating my own personal revolution, and if not for this individual I would have remained a closed terminator, instead of being able to open up and begin sharing some of my story and experiences. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for speaking my language, understanding where I have been and where I am - your simple acceptance and support made me believe again, somehow giving me what I needed to really step out and finally come "into my own".

Last but by no means the least, thank you to Jeff Zwick, Christine and Matt Pearson, Eric Marchewitz, Drew Miller, Obi Obadike, Zach Rosen, Ben Booker, Gina and Walt Ostarly, Chris Tucker, Al Scott, Rolsey Hammed, Lauren Christine Frahn, Dominique Vien, Jerry Beck, Tamara Barnett, Elisha Voysest, John Hicks, and Brent Potter - all of you have been big factors either as mentors, support, motivation, or change in my life in the time that I have known you. There are more people who have played roles in my life and if I have not called you out specifically, please know that I appreciate everything you have done for and with me - this journey would not have been quite the same without you.

@rosiecheewarrior

24. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

The more you are able to endure and overcome in life the stronger you spirit becomes... I sometimes feel sorry for those who experience so little because it limits their opportunity for growth, however I will admit I have spent some time in my life feeling sorry for myself. Growth is hard and hard on you at times. I often cringe at the thought that God is about to teach me another lesson. I am always glad afterward that he did but the thought of the hardship I may have to endure is very imtimidating. As I have gotten older the bumps have smoothed and there is a lot less stress in my life. Maybe I'm getting better
    This whole thread is damn inspirational..I too have seen my share of ups and downs in life, but I know that everything happens for a reason, and has truly made me appreciate those I love, and love me. Life might throw u some challenges at times, but its what we do to overcome these challenges and grow stronger which matters

Sent from my HTC One X using Am.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 01:57 AM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 07:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 06:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12