The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

Yes, I’m back. Been a while since the conclusion of my last log, also incidentally a "Recovery" log. That said, I've continued making weekly (instead of daily, because of my hectic work schedule) updates in my Fitness Journal, but are going to start a fresh new here.

So much has happened since I first joined Anabolic Minds. To say the ride has been a rollercoaster is mild, but it has for the most part, been a very enjoyable one. I've developed, not just physically, but mentally, growing as an individual, learning how to be "human". I have made and met many new friends here, truly grateful for the encouragement and support that until recent years, I have rarely ever had in my life.

2012 is a year for new beginnings and fresh starts. My goal for this year: Recover from multiple injuries (ASAP!) and then make 2012 the BEST year of my life (so far!) professionally, physically, and personally! Now forgetting the last part, I am just going to focus on my career, and the first step to doing that is recovery and getting back into peak physical and aesthetic condition.

For those who are newer to the forum, if you want to know more about me or see what my training, etc. is usually like, please look through some of my previous logs or check out my website.

This log is going to be like the last one I kept here, with comprehensive weekly updates, others scattered throughout as necessary. Its purpose is to detail my journey to complete recovery (man, it seems like I've been doing a lot of that over the last few years). It will also provide me a measure re accountability and motivation...As well as give account of my experience with Erase Pro - the only new supplement in my arsenal this time around...

2012 so far:
2012 | Day 8: It's time to rise up…get back up…show them all you won't be beaten…
2012 | Day 15: Rise…gotta reach down, dig deep, and break ground…It's do or die!
2012 | Day 22: I will not be forgotten…This is my time to shine…

2012 | Day 29: Let's get it on!…Let’s tear it up! I'm staying straight to the core…

2012 | Day 36: Life…it comes apart and then it falls together…

GOALS

Recovering from a multiple injuries, a torn biceps and rotator cuff tendon the primary, my main priority is to get back to MY normal training levels as soon as possible - achieved last week, but still so very far to go in terms of athletic performance re endurance, speed, and strength, not to mention muscle mass.

Pre-injury, my body was balanced for the first thing in my life, and I had the best aesthetic conditioning I have ever had. However, as when I refractured my left wrist last year, with the excessive time out from training I have had because of all the injuries that piled on top of one another, although it took three weeks before it occurred, I once again lost the muscle mass that I have worked hard (TWICE now!) to add to my deltoids and arms, and are no longer symmetrical.

However, unlike when I refractured my left wrist, my overall body mass has steadily increased, along with my body composition (although for the first two weeks post-injury and time out, I maintained my muscle mass and LOST bodyfat, my body composition dropping from 8.1 to 7.8% bodyfat). Therefore, my secondary goal is recomping to REGAIN the muscle mass I lost from my delts and arms, at the same time working on leaning back down to 7-8% bodyfat (since I am far too uncomfortable at my current body composition), to maintain below 8.3% bodyfat (anything more and I feel like a stranger in my own body) thereafter!

For more "background" re my goals, please review: 2012 | Day 1: Reflection on 2011 & Goals for 2012

BODY STATISTICS

As at Sunday 5 February 2012:
* Body Composition of 9.2% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 114.4 pounds

TRAINING

Training changes between the following two schedules:

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Shoulders/Hamstrings + Stretch 20-30 min
Tuesday: Cardio 10 min + Arms/Abs + Stretch 20-30 min
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min
Thursday: Cardio 10 min + Chest/Back + Stretch 20-30 min
Friday: HIIT Cardio + Full-Body + Stretch 20-30 min
Saturday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min
Sunday: Day Off

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Shoulders/Hamstrings + Stretch 20-30 min
Tuesday: Cardio 10 min + Arms/Abs + Stretch 20-30 min
Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Stretch 20-30 min
Thursday: Cardio 10 min + Full-Body + Stretch 20-30 min
Friday: HIIT Cardio + Abs OR Shoulders/Arms/Abs + Stretch 20-30 min
Saturday: Cardio 20 min + Stretch 20-30 min
Sunday: Day Off

NUTRITION

Nutrition as always, is my bane, and the three weeks before I was able to start training again, when I was pretty much sedentary and staying off my feet as much as possible, caused some serious damage, primarily because I was still eating like I do when I am training, and then some - which definitely confirms that it is my TRAINING that plays the biggest role in my conditioning, since eating as I do "normally" when training, and I have no problems at all maintaining what I want. However, my nutrition DOES need more control and self-discipline - the same self-discipline and dedication that I apply to my training and every other area of my life. That said, past experience has shown me that "dieting" as others diet does NOT work for my body (if you read my updates - links above - for the last couple of weeks, you will see this confirmed), and I do not use any specific "diet", instead listening to my body and adjusting my nutrition (as I do my training) as required, with my macronutrient ratios and calorie intake changing on a day-to-day basis, albeit averaging out at ~4,300 calories daily.

I adjust my nutrition on a weekly - sometimes even daily - basis, dependent on my progress towards my goal/s of that phase, my diet a specific adaption for me, amalgamating nutritional methods and principles taken from Calorie Cycling, Intermittent Fasting, and Lean Gains. My diet could probably best be described as Lean Gains, without being strictly Lean Gains, since the only thing I do that is part of the protocol really is the 16-hour fasting period with an 8-hour feeding window, adapting everything else to be specific for me, so that it is "perfect" for MY body re progress and results.

SUPPLEMENTS

Since my injury at the start of December, I have pretty much only been using Vitamin C (and lots of Aleve), RecoverPRO and MuscleGel Shots. I used Battlefuel when I started back into training (finished that a couple of weeks ago), and started using Assault two weeks ago. Now that I've had a month back training on virtually nothing, I am adding all my "staples" back in, with the addition of Erase Pro - I pretty much have all my supplements covered, and knowing what works best for my body, do not often use products outside of those anymore; but since I love Erase and Erase Pro is like the "next generation" of Erase, I am adding it in.

So (in alphabetical order):

Adipose Annihilation v2: Start 13 March/
From 19 March - 2 caps first thing, 1 cap immediately post-training, 1 cap an hour pre-mid-morning meal, 2 caps an hour-pre-early afternoon meal, 1 cap an hour pre-mid-afternoon meal, and 2 caps pre-bed (until 10 April)/
Start again 15 June (until 2 July).

Alpha-T2: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps early afternoon (until 15 April)/
Start again 18 April (until 2 June)/
Start again 15 June (until 29 June)/
Start again 19 July (until 24 September)/
Start again 6 October (until 20 October)/
Start again 6 November.

AnaBeta: 2 caps ~30 min pre-resistance training, 1 cap immediately post-resistance training, 1 cap with post-training meal, and 1-2 caps with a meal later in the day (until 28 February)/
Start again 3 March (until 11 April)/
Start again 30 August (until 15 September).

Assault - 1-2 servings Blue Raspberry (ORIGINAL formula) ~30 min pre-resistance training (until 5 June)/
From 6 June - 1-2 servings Watermelon (LATEST formula) ~30 min pre-resistance training (until 12 August).

Compound20: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps with mid-afternoon meal (from 6 July to 5 August).

DCP: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps immediately post-training, 2 caps an hour pre-early-afternoon meal, and 1 cap pre-bed (from 20 April to 12 May).

Erase: 2 caps early afternoon and 1 cap pre-bed (until 8 March)/
Start again 13 March (until 28 May)/
Start again 15 June (until 15 July)/
Start again 19 July (until 25 September)/
Start again 6 October (until 30 October)/
Start again 6 November.

Erase Pro: 1 cap first thing (until 22 April and from 30 April to 11 May)/
From 25 May - 1 cap immediately post-training (until 30 May).

G8: 1/2 scoop pre-bed (from 19 to 30 March).

Magic Matcha: 1-2 scoops daily (from 21 June).

MuscleGel Shots (Key Lime and Tropical Mango flavours): 1-2 packets daily.

Recompadrol: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps early afternoon, and 2 caps pre-bed (until 31 March)/
Start again 15 June (until 18 September).

RecoverPRO (Red Raspberry flavour): 3 scoops mid-morning and 3 scoops mid-afternoon (until 15 September).

Shred Matrix: 3 caps first thing and 3 caps early afternoon (until 4 June)/
Start again 15 June (until 30 June)/
Start again 19 July (until 7 October)/
Start again 16 October.

Vitamin C: 2 grams first thing, 1-2 grams immediately post-training, 1-2 grams early afternoon, 1-2 grams pre-bed, and sometimes 1-2 grams post-meal later in the day.

UR Spray: 50 sprays post-am shower and 50 sprays post-pre-bed shower (from 1 August to 9 September).

Note that I've also been using Aleve 2 caps 3-4 times daily, but going to stop for a little while to see how it goes/
Start again 15 June (until 11 July).

The only products missing from making this the most complete "Rosie" stack ever are IGF-2, Drive, and Lipotrophin-PM.

Training is Everything to Me, so the Faster I Recover, the Better I will Be!
Back on Track and Living Life like never before!
There is No time for Excuses, only Action!
Stride Forth thee Purpose Driven Warrior!

Last edited:
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In for the inspiration!

And curious to see how that much Erase is going to work:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the inspiration!

And curious to see how that much Erase is going to work:)
Thanks, bud :)

It'll be fine - overall, the dosage of 3,7-keto that I'll be using between Erase and Erase Pro is the amount I was using with Erase, since I was using 5-6 caps a day before I ran out of my last bottle.

~Rosie~

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed Rosie!
You are definitely and inspiration! read all your articles and stuff!

Have a safe recovery!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed Rosie!
You are definitely and inspiration! read all your articles and stuff!

Have a safe recovery!
Thank you, bud :) I do my best to help motivate others, and if I can inspire them onto better things along the way, then all the better!

def in for this one.epicness will follow
Cheers for joining me on this journey :)

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the ride. Def interested in the new Erase pro. I haven't tried Assult but their Combat protien is in my top two next to Myofusion. Very detailed log def love that. It helps others learn ways to update how they log. Not copy but just ideas on better ways to log. Hope you kick some butt.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
yesssss!!!!! this is gonna be fun

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the ride. Def interested in the new Erase pro. I haven't tried Assult but their Combat protien is in my top two next to Myofusion. Very detailed log def love that. It helps others learn ways to update how they log. Not copy but just ideas on better ways to log. Hope you kick some butt.
:welcome: Tommy!

Combat Protein is good - it was one of few protein powders I used back when I still used them (I haven't used them for nearly two years now, since they no longer agree with my body, and MuscleGel Shots are my only source of supplemented protein, along with RecoverPRO). MyoFusion is the best though, in the US, IMO.

Thanks, LOL - it's not as detailed as the first logs I kept, but I still try to give as much information as possible, so that others can see everything.

yesssss!!!!! this is gonna be fun
It IS indeed :party:

~Rosie~

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Subbed most definitely. you are truly an inspiration and your daily logs keep me motivated.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I still remember first time I met her on the forums. I was new and I think I replied to a pm using bro. I felt like an idoit when she wrote back . I'll have to say though it's very cool to see girls that log and do this as well. Going off her website I viewed, she is an inspiration and very educated on fitness. What man wouldn't like that combo lol. Yeah I will do the shots on occasion. I use to love the old days. I was 20 back in 2000 and just really getting involved with lifting. With in 10 months no joke I got to a 350lb bench and drop to 172lbs in weight using creatine, amminos, and the original RFA Xenadrine. Do you still remember the bottles at ***'s that had creatine power and you just added water lol. Taste like crap but worked.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yeah I still remember first time I met her on the forums. I was new and I think I replied to a pm using bro. I felt like an idoit when she wrote back . I'll have to say though it's very cool to see girls that log and do this as well. Going off her website I viewed, she is an inspiration and very educated on fitness. What man wouldn't like that combo lol. Yeah I will do the shots on occasion. I use to love the old days. I was 20 back in 2000 and just really getting involved with lifting. With in 10 months no joke I got to a 350lb bench and drop to 172lbs in weight using creatine, amminos, and the original RFA Xenadrine. Do you still remember the bottles at ***'s that had creatine power and you just added water lol. Taste like crap but worked.
Haha ya I'm still new only been on here a few months I didnt call her bro but I pmd here and she kindly informed me I didn't need to pm her to reply to a post lol. She has been very helpful and insightful.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed most definitely. you are truly an inspiration and your daily logs keep me motivated.
Nice to have you here, bud :) Thank you. I haven't kept a daily log in a while though. I do however, write a daily Motivational for WPM Women (matter relevant to both sexes most of the time), which you can see HERE.

No worries about it, Tommy - this is a male dominated forum with few females and many males having avatars of women, so you can be forgiven, LOL...You can definitely do a lot with just the BASIC STAPLES if you're starting out and your NUTRITION AND TRAINING are set up correctly for your goals and needs!...

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Haha ya I'm still new only been on here a few months I didnt call her bro but I pmd here and she kindly informed me I didn't need to pm her to reply to a post lol. She has been very helpful and insightful.
I called her an Aussie, nothing worse for a Kiwi.......Arnold?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get at it girl ill be following along
:cheers:

I called her an Aussie, nothing worse for a Kiwi.......Arnold?
You're mistaking me for an Aussie, David, LOL - Kiwis don't mind too much for the most part, as we get "mistaken" for Aussies all the time, but the other way around...Not sure how you would do that though, not hearing me speak, since it says "Kiwi" in my profile, LOL...Anyways, not sure yet. There's still a little time before it. I would like to go and I'm not ruling it out. A lot can happen in three weeks...

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
:cheers:

You're mistaking me for an Aussie, David, LOL - Kiwis don't mind too much for the most part, as we get "mistaken" for Aussies all the time, but the other way around...Not sure how you would do that though, not hearing me speak, since it says "Kiwi" in my profile, LOL...Anyways, not sure yet. There's still a little time before it. I would like to go and I'm not ruling it out. A lot can happen in three weeks...

~Rosie~
You threw me there for a second, I remember seeing the "KIWI and somehow my tired old brain associated it with Australia. It was late and ..... and oh well I have no clue lol. Glad you are on the mend. Hope you are fully healed and hitting it with a vengeance soon. My shoulder and arm are are back to a1 condition. And my workouts have been wonderfully brutal. 3 Weeks is a long time, I hope to see you there

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You threw me there for a second, I remember seeing the "KIWI and somehow my tired old brain associated it with Australia. It was late and ..... and oh well I have no clue lol. Glad you are on the mend. Hope you are fully healed and hitting it with a vengeance soon. My shoulder and arm are are back to a1 condition. And my workouts have been wonderfully brutal. 3 Weeks is a long time, I hope to see you there
All in good fun :p...Yes, I am on the mend. Slowly. So very far from fully healed - it's going to be some time yet, but working towards it as fast as I can...Excellent that YOU are back to 100%!...It is. Here's hoping...

Im in for the ride
Yay, Zach! :)

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...this is how it looks when I am standing on the edge...this is how I break apart...

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Staying Positive...knowing anything is possible despite all odds. Staying in control...knowing we have the power over our own life. Staying Focused and Determined...knowing it's the key to any goal. Staying positive, in control, Focused and Determined..." - Roland Lorans

For the complete Motivational, review Staying Positive | WPM Women.

TRAINING

Training completed this week:

Monday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 20 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. 6 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Smith Machine Seated Behind-the-neck Military Press 6 x 8, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5
2. Smith Machine Seated Military Press 6 x 6
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 12 per side
4. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (on 6-inch box, BB to touch floor) 6 x 10

Post-Weights Cardio:
CrossTrainer 20 min

Stretch 5 min

Woke just before my 0330 alarm this morning - hasn't taken long for my body to get back into the groove of getting up at this time, which is great. Out into the frigid air I went for HIIT. Legs a little tender, but kept up a surprising pace, even though it was rolling terrain. Twisted my ankle on an uneven area of the road towards the end, but it did not stop me from finishing strongly...Walk to the gym took a little longer than usual this morning, and I'm finding that I don’t mind it even being ~20 minutes. Started out with Seated Behind-the-neck Military Press again this morning. Same weight as last week. PAIN! I struggled to get the eighth rep out, dropping my right arm to my side, cradling it as close as possible, the pain was that excruciating. So much for making progress. In the mood I was in though, I didn't care, and kept the weight at what it was, pushing my right arm up to the BB, forcing the next five sets out, screaming inside with EVERY rep. Even though using the Smith Machine, it was a real effort, testing my limits. My body had had enough after just six sets, but it was not going to be let off that easily. Six sets of regular Seated Military Press at a lighter weight than last week, gritting my teeth, dropping my right arm to my side after every set, welcoming the pain, even though I know I'm going to suffer for it later on today (and into tomorrow most likely). My right side had almost lost all strength by the time I started on Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises, and I had to dropset the weight each set - kept it the same for my left side as mu right, since I don't want my body to become even more unbalanced than it has become. Finished off by stretching my hamstrings out. Lower back was in agony during Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts today - has been aching more than ever now that I have started sprinting harder and faster again...Even though I as light-headed and not feeling it, I forced my body to finish with 20 minutes on the CrossTrainer, upping the pace for the last half, just to make sure I was destroyed at the end of the session, as if resistance training wasn't enough...Was the slowest walk back to the hotel…Right shoulder and arm is in a lot of pain - taking lots of Aleve to help minimize any swelling and deal a little with the pain, although some of the pain is WELCOME, to help take my mind off a far more destructive pain. After all, my body WILL heal...

Tuesday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between alternate sets and trisets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Dips 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
2. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
Alternate Set B -
3. V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
4. Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
Alternate Set C -
5. Push-Ups (hands on DB under chest, feet on floor) 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8
6. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 12, 12, 10, 10
TriSet -
7. Rope Crunches 4 x 20, 15, 15, 10
8. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (hips to 90 degrees) 4 x 8, 6, 6, 6
9. Ab Rollout 4 x 20, 15, 15, 10

Post-Weights Cardio:
CrossTrainer 20 min

Stretch 30 min

First morning with all my "staples" back. Definitely noticed the difference. Also to note that this was also the first morning in over two months that I have NOT used Aleve (going to see how this goes this week - I have been getting too dependent on this, dosing the same as someone 2-3 times my size, and need to stop)...Walked to the gym and straight onto the CrossTrainer for a brisk 10 minutes. Even in that brief time, I heated up quickly, feeling rather feverish actually, and it lasted throughout the rest of the session. At eight minutes, my right knee started hurting, which is a first in using the CrossTrainer, and hopefully the last...Pumped up and ready to go, headed into weights with a vengeance. Surprised myself with the improvement in strength on Dips - well, not so much strength, but reps I was able to do before the pain set in, which was not until the last couple of reps on the last two sets. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls were another story, and although I was able to do more than last week, I'm still lacking re strength here. Same weight for V-Bar Tricep Push-Downs as last week, but able to do more reps. Upped weight for Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls - right biceps tendon started burning sharply on the second set, but I forced out 12 reps, but on the eleventh rep the third set, my right arm just gave out and I dropped the DB, so ending it there, going on to do only 10 reps for the final set. Excellent vascularity though, so made up for it a little (but not really). Alternate Set C was good. Getting better with lack of pain on Push-Ups, hands right under chest, my elbows able to actually stay right in at my sides, all the way down until I hit the DB. Last set though, my right side gave out on me during the ninth rep. Veins were ropes in my forearms, looking hard and dry during DB Zottoman Curls - loving it, especially when the double separation re veins in biceps appeared. Abs' triset was painful. Still having issues with Hanging Straight-Leg Raises - so much pain hanging, even with both hands there, and my back is also hurting for some reason during, but did as many as I could before my right arm/shoulder gave out...20 minutes on the CrossTrainer to finish. My right bicep tendon was screaming in pain during this and I actually had my left hand on it, fingers digging into it to minimize the pain. For some reason, doing that caused my left calf a little strain, but was not too much of an issue. Face flushed, dripping by the end, lightheaded, but glad I had done it. Definitely a good feeling...Walked back to the hotel, revelations suddenly falling through my mind. I might be struggling with training, but it IS going to get better. I AM going to get better and I AM going to be BETTER than I was before my injuries. I am Blessed in being Alive and being able to do what I CAN...

Wednesday

HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 16 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
c. STOP 2 min
d. 1 min jogging
e. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
f. 4 min jogging

Stretch 25 min

First day using Erase PRO...Woke every 90 minutes during the night after falling asleep, which was a little annoying. Felt feverish every time I woke as well, which I thought nothing of, since the air conditioning if too warm can sometimes cause me to feel like that. However...As soon as I started running, I felt nauseous. Not a nice feeling. I started out gingerly, feeling like I would be sick at any minute. When it came to start my sprints, I was like "fcuk it", and just went all out. Sprints were GREAT - fastest they have been, and most effortless as well, since I started back training. Knees were also great. Nausea stayed with me, and 12 minutes into HIIT I had to stop. I spent two minutes being sick on the side of the road, which was no fun at all. Now, whether or not it's because I HAVE gotten sick (since I've been training and dealing with sick people the last few days at work, and I DID spend all yesterday at work hot and cold, taking my hoodie on and off), or if it's just because it’s my first day of Erase PRO and my system needs some time to adjust to having 75 mg of 3,7-keto at once (every dose of Erase I use is only 50 mg 3,7-keto) or there's something in it that can cause such effects, I don't know - it's too early to tell either way. Anyways, I kept going, careful with a minute just jogging lightly, in case I had to stop again. After that, since my body WAS feeling good (aside from the nausea) and I felt fresh, I did another eight sprints, finishing off with some light jogging. My right knee did not bother me until I started running again after stopping, and then it was just tight, not the seizing it has been doing until now. Right shoulder/biceps did not hurt during my run at any point, but my LEFT delt actually did, and I could feel a pull through it during the second half of HIIT, which was interesting...A little relived that today is JUST HIIT and no resistance training, to be honest, since I'm still feeling nauseous. Plus, it gives my body a chance to recover, since I have pushed myself harder this week in training and was pretty shattered last night after the long day at work yesterday...

Thursday

Session 1

CrossTrainer 10 min

Session 2

CrossTrainer 10 min

Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Supinated Pull-Ups 4 x 8, 6, 5, 4, 3
2. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on swissballs) 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
Alternate Set B -
3. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 8, 7, 6, 5
4. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8

Post-Weights Cardio:
CrossTrainer 20 min

Stretch 20 min

Didn't get to sleep until I should have been getting up, so just left it and decided to train after work...Had a short break early afternoon, so did a rapid 10 minutes fast on the CrossTrainer. BURNED my legs...Did not get to start training until close to 2100. First day doing back and chest in ~5 months (excluding the minimal work done during Full-Body sessions). It was tough - strength and function has been sorely affected from my torn right biceps and rotator cuff tendons. Pull-Ups was pathetic - hard to believe, watching me struggle to do the pitifully low reps that I did, that I used to be able to do several sets of at least 4-5 TIMES that many! Definitely a struggle on the last rep of each set, and I tried for an additional one as well, but did not happen. Flat BB Bench Press - even demonstrating this to members with NO weight, or even with just the motion, causes extreme pain in my right shoulder - was a no-go, and I stuck with doing Push-Ups, albeit making them harder, using swissballs to force stability and my core to work more. They were ok, a little unstable in starting, and I had to really concentrate on my balance, but, aside from extreme lower back pain affecting my last rep or two on each set, I was ok. Strength less on Supinated BB Bent Over Rows and, even though I put on less than what I was lifting pre-injury, I had to drop it back even more. Right elbow did not go in straight by my side, and despite my best efforts, insisted each time on going out on an angle - going to have to work on that. The biggest surprise was with Incline BB Bench Press - strength has NOT decreased here, and there is NO pain in my right shoulder doing this. So, incline bench press to stay and flat bench press to go...Finished off with 20 minutes hard and fast on the CrossTrainer. Right shoulder started hurting painfully after ~10 minutes, so had my elbow bent up, holding my shoulder. At ~16 minutes, my right knee started hurting (like it did yesterday), and slowed me down a little. Plus, started getting quite dizzy and lightheaded and was wobbly a little. Glad when I was done and could lie on the floor to stretch...

Friday

HIIT Treadmill:
a. 1 min @ 12 miles/hr
b. 1 x 10 sec rest/50 sec @ 11.5 miles/hr
c. 1 x 20 sec rest/40 sec @ 11 miles/hr
d. 1 x 30 sec rest/30 sec @ 10.5 miles/hr
e. 2 x 30 sec rest/30 sec @ 10 miles/hr
d. 1 x 30 sec rest/30 sec @ 9.5 miles/hr
e. 2 x 30 sec rest/60 sec @ 9 miles/hr

CrossTrainer 10 min

Stretch 10 min

For Time SuperSet (no recovery between supersets):
1. Plate Push (on ground) 8 x 30-feet
2. Single-Arm DB Cleans 8 x 5 per side

Stretch 15 min

Since I didn't get to sleep until I wanted to be getting up this morning, I decided to do my training after work. LONG day at work - well over 12 hours - which caused a second thought about training, especially since my legs were sore from demonstrating leg exercises to members for the past few days (I DON’T train legs simply because they are big enough already and I do NOT want them bigger, and even demonstrating exercises with no weight, my lower body re glutes and legs have GAINED half an inch this week, which I am NOT happy with at all!) Today is HIIT day. Figured to give the treadmill a shot, even though I determined pre-injuries last year that I never wanted to use another treadmill again. Anyways, started off on that - took a little to get the pace up, and because I was not prepared for it, I allowed it to get higher than I should have, so not giving my body any chance at all to ease into it, but going straight for intensity. Yeah - not too smart. Did intervals, but instead of going UP in pace and/or time, I dropped it back each time, for a slightly shorter "effort" period. My shins were ok, but my left ankle almost gave out on me after ~5 minutes. 10 minutes was enough, and finished up on the CrossTrainer the rest of the 20 minutes I wanted to complete...Stretched afterwards, and that was going to be the end of training for me today (decided on doing Full-Body tomorrow). However, ended up having to stay at work even longER, joining one of the guys doing a random superset for time, just because. Yes, I know, not wanting to do legs (and having no need to either, since they get worked enough in my cardio), but since they were already shot (or so I thought) from everything else this week, I said why not, despite my reservation about doing single-arm cleans with my shoulders and arms the way they are (not wanting to aggravate either one, since both have been very sore all day). Try pushing a rubber plate across carpet - it was SLOW and taxing on the legs, but it was ok. Discovered that cleans weren’t as bad as I thought they would be - maybe because it was a rapid power movement - and I ended up INcreasing the weight after the second time through. Sweat was dripping off both of us before we were even half-way through, my legs were screaming, and I was panting, the exertion sounding like I was doing something else, LOL. Even though my legs were on fire after eight rounds, my endurance is very strong and I could have kept going, but did not, stretching out my body after a few stairclimbers and lunges...

Saturday

Day OFF

I actually was going to do my Full-Body session today before or after work. Didn't get up before work, since I only went to sleep at ~0500, and after work, I was beyond shattered, even though it was a "slower" day. Likely from Friday’s session after work, my body was shattered, still in pain in my left tricep from Back/Chest day (re swissball push-ups), and aching in places it has not ached in a very long time. So, mentally beating myself up, but allowing my body a chance to recuperate, especially since I was very feverish on waking...

Sunday

Recline Bike 20 min @ 105-109 rpm

Stretch 20 min

I wasn't going to do anything today, especially since I woke up in a terrible state, feverish, but cold, feeling like my head was gong to explode from the pounding, throat dry and swollen, muscles MORE than aching, coughing up blood until I thought my throat was raw. However, because I didn't do anything yesterday, and because I don't want to have more than ONE day off training a week, I went downstairs to the hotel Fitness Room and sat on the recline bike for 20 minutes. Definitely prefer that one to the one at the gym, as it allows me to spin - the one at the gym does not and even on the lowest resistance level, makes me feel like I am climbing hills, and I don't need to have ANY resistance, even from that, because if I do, my legs will BLOW up, and that’s the LAST thing desired! Hot and cold, dizzy, and feeling like I was going to pass out, I did it anyway, so hopefully that "light" exercise will help my body in some way.

Training has been interesting this week. Just below Maintenance, with only 75% of it completed. Schedule has been a little off-base as well, with me not being able to go to sleep until I wanted to be up from Thursday on, training instead after work then and Friday. NOT acceptable, and from now on, even if I am still awake at 0330, I am going to get my training done FIRST THING, period! There can be NO EXCUSES! I WILL DO WHAT HAS TO BE DONE!

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

Now at 8.9% bodyfat - minimal 0.3% bodyfat loss. Although it is a little disappointing, I am "ok" with it, knowing that I can make my progress faster, especially since this week was the OPPOSITE of last week re nutrition - yes, so even with only two of seven days with "good" nutrition (work has been so long - >12-hour days - and stressful this week that, every night but Friday, the guys and I have gone out for a buffet dinner on leaving there - bad I know, but calorie and carbohydrate-wise, it's more beneficial for my body than what I've done the last couple of weeks) as opposed to five of seven, I have made MORE progress this week than I did the last TWO with "good" nutrition, even with only 75% of my training completed this week. Definitely interesting, but also motivating...Another interesting thing was that I have GAINED half an inch in my LOWER body re glutes and legs, which is definitely NOT ok - from now on, I will NOT be demonstrating ANY lower body exercise for ANYone, whether with no weight or even just static at all, since all it is doing is adding more muscle mass to my legs, the complete OPPOSITE of what I want!...I NEED to get leaner ASAP!!!

Supplements

Started back on my "staples" on Tuesday. Believe me, even in a day, I knew that I was once again using Erase and AnaBeta - in and out of the bathroom all day, so much it was annoying, LOL. But, loving having them all back - I feel somewhat like me again...Began Erase Pro on Wednesday...I have NOT used ANY Aleve since Monday, to see how it goes. Knees have been a little swollen on some days, as well as right shoulder/upper arm, with pain constantly prevalent, but right now, it has been a welcome pain, and so I am going to continue withOUT Aleve henceforth...

So, let's see what the coming week brings. It's going to be interesting, especially with everything going on in my life right now. But, BRING IT ON!!!

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Very nice Rosie you are a trooper, wishing you the best! Keep it up!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice Rosie you are a trooper, wishing you the best! Keep it up!
Thanks heaps, bud :) Still feeling like sh*t and only slept about an hour, but, albeit a little late, I'm going to go out in a few minutes for my HIIT regardless (weights might have to wait until after work again today, sigh). Time for more beatings!

~Rosie~

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Thanks heaps, bud :) Still feeling like sh*t and only slept about an hour, but, albeit a little late, I'm going to go out in a few minutes for my HIIT regardless (weights might have to wait until after work again today, sigh). Time for more beatings!

~Rosie~
You go Rosie! sorry you still feel poorly. Glad your chin is still up and you are still going for it. That being said go for it carefully:) Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, and a pain free day....well you know the bad kind of pain free, that good, muscle burning, I know I am doing something pain, that you can have all you want...me... I want lots!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You go Rosie! sorry you still feel poorly. Glad your chin is still up and you are still going for it. That being said go for it carefully:) Wishing you a full and speedy recovery, and a pain free day....well you know the bad kind of pain free, that good, muscle burning, I know I am doing something pain, that you can have all you want...me... I want lots!
Thanks, David...It was raining when I headed outside, and since I didn't want to make myself worse (I decided to stop going out in ALL weather last year after the preparation for my shoot with Walt), I just went and did my HIIT on the treadmill in the Fitness Room of the hotel. Head still feels like someone is playing a deep, pounding bass in it, and I heated up very quickly, my heart rate through the roof (nice to know that even at my age, I can still get it up to 200 bpm when I go all out!), breathing shallow, so I made it a brief 12-minute session with only eight efforts...Right now I welcome physical pain, if it helps take my mind off other things (albeit not being very successful at it, since feeling like sh*t just makes me want something else to bring comfort and I don't know if I will ever be able to have that). Anyways, enough random ramblings. Hope your day is everything you want and need it to be :)

~Rosie~

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
loving all the intensity rosie!!!!

i myself am taking some recompadrol and ALA and gearing up for my run. Then to do legs!!!!

keep up the super awesomeness!!!

Ill try and use your log as motivation since the past week or 2 ive kinda gotten lost in it.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for posting rosie! Definitely making it worth checking here. Awesome update.

I think I may have to do some carb cycling/IF soon as my PCT went kinda bad and I need to lean up whilst not losing too much mass... hehe. Thanks again!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
loving all the intensity rosie!!!!

i myself am taking some recompadrol and ALA and gearing up for my run. Then to do legs!!!!

keep up the super awesomeness!!!

Ill try and use your log as motivation since the past week or 2 ive kinda gotten lost in it.
I should probably get some ALA to stack with Recompadrol, but it's working great for me without it, so until it doesn't...

Have fun doing Legs, Zach - I do not miss doing them, LOL :p

Gotten lost in training? or with finding a way to fit it in? Anything I can do to help with motivation, let me know :)

thanks for posting rosie! Definitely making it worth checking here. Awesome update.

I think I may have to do some carb cycling/IF soon as my PCT went kinda bad and I need to lean up whilst not losing too much mass... hehe. Thanks again!
No worries, bud - you're welcome (it helps me as well) :)

Carbohydrate cycling and/or incorporating intermittent fasting into your nutritional regime can definitely help re leaning - it has for me, and although the last week had its ups and downs as far as my 16-hour fast/8-hour feeding window (i.e. not sticking quite to it), it's definitely a protocol that works for me, and is, I believe, one that can be used as a LIFESTYLE nutrition plan.

~Rosie~

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
yea just lost some motivation. i always have time to fit it in. but just havent been feeling it. i think i need to change up to cross fit for a little bit, or super heavy training.

my main issue is i look good, just dont feel that i do which is killing me motivationally speaking.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Combat Protein is good - it was one of few protein powders I used back when I still used them (I haven't used them for nearly two years now, since they no longer agree with my body, and MuscleGel Shots are my only source of supplemented protein, along with RecoverPRO). MyoFusion is the best though, in the US, IMO.

~Rosie~
Have you tried gear from NTBM ?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea just lost some motivation. i always have time to fit it in. but just havent been feeling it. i think i need to change up to cross fit for a little bit, or super heavy training.

my main issue is i look good, just dont feel that i do which is killing me motivationally speaking.
I know what you mean on both fronts, Zach. Don't worry about it though - we all have those times, but thankfully they pass. We just need to get to the point where we are happy with ourselves, regardless of what anyone else thinks of us.

Have you tried gear from NTBM ?
No, I haven't. I don't use protein anymore though - as I said, and have not for a long time now.

~Rosie~

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know what you mean on both fronts, Zach. Don't worry about it though - we all have those times, but thankfully they pass. We just need to get to the point where we are happy with ourselves, regardless of what anyone else thinks of us.

No, I haven't. I don't use protein anymore though - as I said, and have not for a long time now.

~Rosie~
Be interesting to see what you actually ate. Not to judge, but just be in awe at what you can eat while still maintaining a nice physique once you have it and know how to train and diet for it.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel you on sleep!! I stop taking those loracets plus they gave me from surgery. It leaves a metalic taste in mouth that sucks. Anyway I didn't know I was supose to wing off of it cause I've never had to take pain pills. Last two days I thought I was on Meth and body was like being plug into the worlds biggest vibrator lol Hope you get some good sleep tonight killer routines you got.

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Be interesting to see what you actually ate. Not to judge, but just be in awe at what you can eat while still maintaining a nice physique once you have it and know how to train and diet for it.
What do you mean? Sean and a few of the guys here can attest to what I eat, LOL (yes, even they were surprised and didn't believe it until they saw it). I train and eat for ME and no one else. My body does not work the way it should, and believe me, I have had enough experience to know what does, and when I find that, I stick to it. Diet has never really mattered to me and I don't "diet" - there have been the odd weeks here and there in the last few years, but that is all: A week here and there. My TRAINING is what determines my leanness.

I feel you on sleep!! I stop taking those loracets plus they gave me from surgery. It leaves a metalic taste in mouth that sucks. Anyway I didn't know I was supose to wing off of it cause I've never had to take pain pills. Last two days I thought I was on Meth and body was like being plug into the worlds biggest vibrator lol Hope you get some good sleep tonight killer routines you got.
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm not going to sleep much tonight either, after having done my resistance training after work (I don't really "wake up" until I have trained). Thanks - I don't feel like I'm doing much these days, but doing what I can. Anyways, time to catch up on a few episodes, like The Walking Dead (whilst finishing ~250 grams of chocolate, large pizza, and parmesan bread bites - I know, supposed to be starting the "diet" today, but training after work, and going to be up all night means HUNGER and the machine needs to be fed, LOL) :D

~Rosie~

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry if I came across as invasive. I have read you ate anywhere between 3k-5k cals a day and I just thought it would be interesting what you found worked for you. Not as advice or anything, just out of curiosity sake. If you don't really keep track and such then don't worry, it's okay :D
I mean I used to eat like 1200 cals a day not dropping a pound. I eat around 3.5k now w/o gaining so... the human body is diverse as it is individual.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome back Rosie! I'm in for another epic read. Best of luck in your 2012 goals.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry if I came across as invasive. I have read you ate anywhere between 3k-5k cals a day and I just thought it would be interesting what you found worked for you. Not as advice or anything, just out of curiosity sake. If you don't really keep track and such then don't worry, it's okay :D
I mean I used to eat like 1200 cals a day not dropping a pound. I eat around 3.5k now w/o gaining so... the human body is diverse as it is individual.
Not invasive, but I DO know my body's reactions to anything down to the slightest change in anything. It's not about what "works for me", but because it's what my body NEEDS. My MAINTENANCE is ~4,300 calories a day, and this was done through a comprehensive weekly account of every activity, length, and energy calculation. That said, it's nothing on what I ate when I was cycling - in excess of 10,000 calories a day. Like I said, my TRAINING is what determines my leanness - if you've followed any of my other logs, I've noted this throughout at random intervals, and in many of my latest posts in my Fitness Journal (links in post #1), I noted without a doubt confirmation of this. If you think I don't keep track you'd be sorely mistaken: I LITERALLY track EVERYthing - from what I eat, how much, when I eat, supplement times, training, waking, sleeping, etc.

Welcome back Rosie! I'm in for another epic read. Best of luck in your 2012 goals.
Thanks, and :welcome:

~Rosie~

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My God I would suck at this lol. I have such a fast pace, 90-0 life that the hard part for me is counting calories. But I have learned portion control for me is key.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My God I would suck at this lol. I have such a fast pace, 90-0 life that the hard part for me is counting calories. But I have learned portion control for me is key.
Suck at what, Tommy? Counting calories? You don't have to do it so much - I just know how much is in about everything I eat, or can make a swift and fairly close assessment. Each to their own and you do what works for you and that you can be consistent with (consistency is definitely key).

As far as "dieting", NOT happening and my body is THANKING me for it, even with everything I ate last night - yes, right before bed, throwing away the "don't eat before bed or later at night, especially carbs" nonsense - I woke up the SAME body mass that I did yesterday, with my abs more visible, so...) So, just finished shovelling down another massive amount of chocolate (with ~200 grams of almonds), and about to have my main post-training meal...

mattrag, just to give you an idea of what a "typical" meal looks like for me (pretty "clean" aside from the chocolate - last night's post-training meal was more "dirty"), this is my post-training meal from tonight (two meals previously consumed already today)...

Finished Training at 2136 (took 2 caps Recompadrol + 1 cap AnaBeta + 1 gram Vitamin C)

At 2156:
320 grams Willy Wonka Chocolate Fantabulous Fudge Bar (1,600 calories, 168g carbs, 16g protein, 96g fat) with
200 grams Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds (1,142 calories, 43g carbs, 43g protein, 100g fat)

At 2225:
1 cup Tazo Zen Green Tea (with 2 caps of AnaBeta)

At 2236:
1 cup Royal Basmati Rice (600 calories, 140g carbs, 12g protein, 0g fat) with
85 grams Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits, hickory smoke flavour (300 calories, 0g carbs, 36g protein, 18g fat) with
1 tablespoon 5th Season Parsley Flakes (all negligible) with
1 pinch McCormick Oregano Leaves (all negligible)
...followed by
1 large granny smith apple (62 calories, 14g carbs, 1g protein, 0g fat)
...followed by
440 grams Chobani Greek Yoghurt Non-Fat, vanilla flavour (340 calories, 36g carbs, 44g protein, 0g fat)

Finished eating at 2259

Approximate total calorie and macronutrient breakdown from that single meal post-training:
4,044 calories (going from food labels, but if calculating from grams re macronutrients, comes out at 4,138 calories)
401 grams carbohydrates
152 grams protein
214 grams fat

...And this was last night's post-training meal (after two meals already that day):

Finished training at 2047 (took 2 caps Recompadrol + 1 cap AnaBeta + 1 gram Vitamin C)

At 2158:
2 Twix Caramel Milk Chocolate Cookie Bars
8 ounces Dark Chocolate Raspberry M&M's
200 grams Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds
5 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links
1 large Domino's pizza with philly steak, pineapple, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and extra marinara sauce (added on parsley flakes and oregano)
16 Domino's parmesan bread bites
1 cup Tazo Zen Green Tea

Finished eating at 2300

~Rosie~

Last edited:

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
impressive food intake.

I like where your head is with that chocolate.... i got some im bout to consume pre workout tomorrow.... ahh the joys of higher calorie days.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice Rosie. Thanks. I just think you are amazing. That's all haha.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
impressive food intake.

I like where your head is with that chocolate.... i got some im bout to consume pre workout tomorrow.... ahh the joys of higher calorie days.
LOL...Tis not something I am proud of, just something I do, and honestly, my nutrition could be a LOT better...Yeah, I was craving it the last couple of days for some reason...Now you see why I love Recompadrol and AnaBeta so much :p

Nice Rosie. Thanks. I just think you are amazing. That's all haha.
No worries, bud :)

~Rosie~

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
just did 10 sprints 30 on 30 seconds off. had some chocolate, now going to do back and shoulders. the low intensity cardio

blah hope today goes well

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just did 10 sprints 30 on 30 seconds off. had some chocolate, now going to do back and shoulders. the low intensity cardio

blah hope today goes well
Sprints are always fun :D

How did your training session go?

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here to support one of the hardest working single minded, most focussed person I have ever seen. Don't always be so hard on yourself, you are fuggin amazing... and you can take that to the bank and cash it cuz you know how hard I work too... Sometimes I feel the compliments aren't getting through so I am hammering this one at you so it will stick... Rosie you fuggin Rock!!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Sprints are always fun :D

How did your training session go?

~Rosie~
not too bad,

today i felt like my old self again.

Last time i was using the 100 lb dumbells for incline presses i was like 20 lbs heavier

i wanna continue to pursue that till im back up to my 15 reps.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
so rosie, if you feel like your guilty pleasure is chocolate try

Cacao Nibs....

I put those and almonds in the food processor and add a little salt and stevia. make my own kind of nutella

My favorite is mixing hazelnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, and cacao nibs.

The cacao nibs are i believe 12g fat, 10g carb (9 fiber), and 4g protein per serving.

Sometimes i put it in melted ANPB to add crunch. yum

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excellent log so far. Of course I would expect no less from you. Here for the support, info and enjoyment.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm I haven't heard of those thanks for the tip!! Will look into them. Where is best place to order?

Cacao Nibs....

I put those and almonds in the food processor and add a little salt and stevia. make my own kind of nutella

The cacao nibs are i believe 12g fat, 10g carb (9 fiber), and 4g protein per serving.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here to support one of the hardest working single minded, most focussed person I have ever seen. Don't always be so hard on yourself, you are fuggin amazing... and you can take that to the bank and cash it cuz you know how hard I work too... Sometimes I feel the compliments aren't getting through so I am hammering this one at you so it will stick... Rosie you fuggin Rock!!
Excellent to see you here, Doug! You know we are always the hardest on ourselves, because if we aren't, who else is going to be? I've never been very good at it and I am still learning to believe and accept compliments, but I am trying, so thank you, my friend :hug:

not too bad,

today i felt like my old self again.

Last time i was using the 100 lb dumbells for incline presses i was like 20 lbs heavier

i wanna continue to pursue that till im back up to my 15 reps.
Good to hear, Zach - always nice when we feel like "ourselves" again and that everything is back on track :) Hey, that's awesome - you know you're getting stronger and making progress, and I know you'll achieve what you want if you stick with it!

Cacao Nibs....

I am a carbohydrate addict in general, LOL, and I also have the biggest "sweet tooth" ever (although I do NOT like and will not eat any "candy" aside from chocolate). I've had Cacao Nibs only once before, but that "recipe" you mentioned sounds like a small piece of heaven, and I'm definitely going to have to try that one day :D

Excellent log so far. Of course I would expect no less from you. Here for the support, info and enjoyment.
Hey, Chris :) THANK YOU!

~Rosie~

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fight inside is coursing through my veins...breaking me again...pursuing pain...

MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Make sure to tell the people you love how important they are to you. Today has reminded me that nothing is promised. Ever. Take advantage of what today offers because this opportunity may not come around again. Life is short. Live life." - 12 Stones

For the complete Motivational, review LIVE Life | WPM Women.

TRAINING

I've been rather sick this week, ending up training at night AFTER a long 12-13 hour day at work, which has only ended up "waking" me up, and I have not been going to sleep until about the time I want to get UP. Even then, during training my body has felt completely shattered, so it has ended up being a "deload" week with little cardio but heavy resistance work, and I have pushed myself as hard as I can in every session, wrecking my body, desperately craving the mindlessly numbing pain of lifting to cover another...

Training completed this week:

Monday

Session 1

HIIT Treadmill:
a. 4 min @ 8 miles/hr
b. 8 x 20 sec @ 10 miles/hr/10 sec rest
c. 4 min @ 8 miles/hr

Stretch 30 min

Session 2

Skip 10 min

Shoulders/Hamstrings (1 min recovery between sets):
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 6 x 10, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6
2. BB Military Press 6 x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 6
3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 6 x 10 per side
4. Swissball Leg Curls 6 x 10

I spent Sunday in bed, when I was not being sick. Didn't sleep at all on Sunday night, my body kept awake from feeling like sh*t. When my alarm went off at 0330, I stayed in bed, but after an hour and still NOT having slept, I got up and decided to go for a run. When I got downstairs and opened the door, it was pouring outside, and instead of going out in it (and making myself feel even worse), I just went to the Fitness Room and did my HIIT on the treadmill (yes, I know - got to STOP using them for my knees!), a short session today. I nearly lost my balance and did a faceplant during one of my efforts, so had to concentrate very hard to keep going, and was relieved when I was done, going back upstairs and lying down for a moment before stretching, my head feeling like it was going to explode...Resistance training waited until after work - which I didn't finish for an hour LATER than I was SUPPOSED to. Had been feeling terrible all day, hot and cold, my skin burning up but cold inside my burns, non-stop sneezing (and I almost NEVER sneeze - but sneezed ~50 times JUST in the hour post-training!). Anyways, by the time work was over, I was considering NOT training, but knew I had to and WANTED to, if only to release some aggression and frustration, not to mention needing to take my mind off everything going on that day...No more Smith Machine for my military presses - went straight back into just using the BB, even though it hurt like hell. However, it wasn't my right shoulder that was in pain for the most part today, but my LEFT, and I was feeling a sharp burn through my LEFT biceps' tendon and delt - ignoring it and hoping I am not going t have to deal with an issue on that side! Shattered at the end of the session and well ready to leave, skipping any post-weights cardio, just to get out of there...

Tuesday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Arms/Abs (1 min recovery between alternate sets and trisets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Supinated Pull-Ups 4 x 10, 6, 6, 5
2. Dips 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
Alternate Set B -
3. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curl 4 x 5
4. Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on fist under chest) 4 x 10
Alternate Set C -
5. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 12, 11, 10, 10 per side
6. Standing DB French Press 4 x 5
TriSet -
7. Rope Crunches 3 x 15
8. Swissball Crunches (270 to 180 degrees) 3 x 10
9. Ab Rollout 3 x 15
10. Plank 1 x 1 min

Stretch 25 min

Did not get to sleep until just after 0330, but slept right through to 0810. No time to train before getting ready and heading to work, so again, it was left until I had finished for the day...Fast "warm-up" on the CrossTrainer, my right shoulder/arm in a lot of pain, so favouring that, left calf ending up being affected, pushing for faster during the last half despite it, gritting my teeth, sweat dripping down my face...No point in going easy and I started straight off with Supinated Close-Grip Pull-Ups. Wasn't expecting much, but was surprised that I didn't have much more strength than I did last Thursday (although I guess it should have been no surprise given the way I felt). Not making any excuses and wanting to hurt myself, I kept pushing for an extra 1-2 reps past the point when my right shoulder started burning so badly I nearly collapsed on that side on every set of Dips. Face a mask of pain, it was onto Alternate Set B, favouring my right side but not caring, just welcoming the pain, going slow on the last set of Push-Ups to ensure NOT falling on my face. Loving the vascularity and pump during Alternate Set C - watching it to take my mind off the tears stinging my eyes. The triset actually affected my back rather badly today, and I had to get one of the guys I work with to stand on my back when I was done, clicking it back into place...

Wednesday

HIIT Skip:
a. 4 min skipping
b. 12 x 20 sec effort/10 sec rest
c. 2 min skipping

Stretch 25 min

Like last night, not going to sleep until wanting to be getting up, then waking in time to get ready and leave for work. Ok today though, since it was just HIIT. Did HIIT skipping after work. Struggling with it, sharp pains shooting through my left shin from the fourth effort. Made sure to do the minimum of 12 minutes all up though.

Thursday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Back/Chest (1 min recovery between alternate sets):
Alternate Set A -
1. Supinated Pull-Ups 4 x 6, 6, 5, 5
2. Push-Ups (feet on bench, hands on swissballs) 4 x 10, 10, 8, 8
Alternate Set B -
3. Supinated BB Bent Over Rows 4 x 12, 10, 10, 10
4. Incline BB Bench Press 4 x 10, 10, 10, 8

Stretch 5 min

Post-Weights Cardio:
Skip 10 min

Stretch 15 min

More post-work training. Second specific Back/Chest session in MONTHS, aiming to do BETTER than I did last week. Did slightly better with my Supinated Pull-Ups today than last week, but weaker even than Tuesday. Push-Ups were a battle, my wrists aching from my hands' position on the swissballs, but at least my back didn't hurt like last week. Strength was up on both exercises in Alternate Set B, and my arms were pretty close to fatigue on the last set of Incline BB Bench Press...Wasn't going to do any post-weights cardio today, but after some stretching, ended up "competing" with one of the guys from work in "double" skipping, determined not to be beaten...

Friday

Day OFF

Sleeping like the last few nights/days. Instead of forcing my body to train, I just "gave in" and allowed it rest, going instead out to buffet dinner (which yes, made me feel even worse today).

Saturday

CrossTrainer 10 min

Full-Body (30 sec recovery between trisets):
TriSet A -
1. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
2. Dips 3 x 10
3. Plank 3 x 1 min
TriSet B -
4. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10
5. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 10
6. Rear Delt Flyes 3 x 10
TriSet C -
7. Supinated Lat Pull-Down 3 x 10
8. Side-to-side Alternating DB Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB/floor) 3 x 10
9. Ab Rollout 3 x 10
TriSet D -
10. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
11. Bicycle (on floor) 3 x 10 per side
12. Swissball Leg Curls 3 x 10

Stretch 46 min

After NO training yesterday and eating almost even MORE than I would on a "normal" day, I woke up this morning even later than I have the last few days, at 117.8 pounds (see what NO training, extreme stress, heavy eating, and not enough water does) - I have not been this heavy in a LONG time - in the most uncomfortable state ever, only compounded on by a fever, swollen face, and deep BLACK circles under my eyes (and I thought they were bad on Monday, LOL)! Since today was a shorter day at work - at least, it was SUPPOSED to be, but I finished at the time I SHOULD during the week - and because of how I felt on waking, there was NO hesitation in training afterwards...Hammered it out on the CrossTrainer, cadence 10-20 rpm MORE than I usually do it at, breathing in shallow gasps. Determined to punish myself for the way I was feeling (and what had been happening all week), I did trisets, as heavy as possible for 10 reps per exercise, limiting my recovery time between trisets, so that when I started on each consecutive triset, I hadn't even had the remotest chance to recover from the last one, pain building on pain, my expression one DEFINITELY warning EVERYone to STAY THE FCUK AWAY! I literally lay on the floor for a few minutes after completing the last set of Swissball Leg Curls, drained beyond reckoning, but feeling BETTER than I have all week!...

Sunday

HIIT Recline Bike:
a. 4 min @ 100-104 rpm
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 12 min @ 100-104 rpm

Stretch 27 min

I actually went to sleep reasonably early last night, but woke after only three hours at 0447. Body exhausted, I was shocked to see that my body mass had plummeted by 8.6 pounds from yesterday (I TOLD you my TRAINING was what determined my physical conditioning - definitely need INTENSITY and short recovery periods!), but relieved to be back down to some semblance of "normal"...Because I HAVE to do THREE HIIT sessions a week, and since I did NOT do it yesterday (it "goes" with and should precede my Full-Body resistance session), I just went downstairs to the Fitness Room and did this on the Recline Bike. NO MORE HIIT DOING ANYTHING BUT OUTSIDE SPRINTING FROM NOW ON! The [Recline] Bike is fine for spinning - which is what works best for me when I use it anyways, and preferably POST-resistance training - but not so much for HIIT. Quads were screaming during the efforts and I found myself struggling, so I just did the minimum I will ever allow myself re efforts during HIIT and finished off my 20 minutes spinning to "recover"...

Training this week was not even close to Maintenance and although my body was feeling even the lower volume, the intensity was just as high as always, and tomorrow it's back to BEATING time!

OTHER NOTES

Body Composition

8.8% bodyfat - a decrease, but barely, which could almost be expected, given that this week I have been eating like mad (more than even my usual) and virtually ONLY done my resistance training sessions. That said, my abs look sharper than last week, my arms slowly coming up again re balance. However, my right shoulder is now a LOT more noticeably "affected" than my left - because of my scoliosis it is already lower than my left, but now it is down AND "out", which is frustrating. I have also GAINED muscle mass in my LEGS this week, due to the amount of compound [lower] body movements that I have been demonstrating over the last week - not happy with that and going to be working more than ever on NOT demonstrating such exercises henceforth. Because of being sick and stressed (unbelievably at work - not adding to everything ELSE), my body mass has fluctuated hugely over this last week, and only yesterday first thing I was 117.2 pounds, yet woke this morning at 108.6 pounds - my body has definitely been wrecked this week (even though I have DELIBERATELY tried to do it with training) and it's NOT enjoying it.

Supplements

Have NOT used any Aleve this week - possibly why I am noticing more physical pain and a little swelling in my right shoulder and knees, but it's ok; I can deal with that...Been just under two weeks with all my "staples" back again, which is very welcome...My appetite has been even highER than usual - I am a "bottomless vacuum" as it is - which has contributed a little to my OVERexcessive eating, and I am wondering if it is perhaps a combination of AnaBeta and Erase PRO (AnaBeta heightens my appetite, but the last few times I have used it, I've managed to keep it fairly under control, but this week was like a train wreck)...

Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Crash Diet

I've now been using my staples again for about two weeks, one where everything was spot on for me re training and nutrition, the other where training was "deloaded" and nutrition as normal - it’s enough to "clarify" what difference they make to me in both circumstances. That said, simply because I DO want a more rapid leaning, to "kickstart" the process a little, for the next two weeks, I AM going to try something new (and not what I would usually do, since I am NOT a "quick fix" person) - I WAS going to do this the week just been, but it turned out differently, so here goes NOW - incorporating Lyle MacDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Crash Diet re nutrition (NOT training - my training is going to return to Maintenance) into the Lean Gains re 16-hour fast/8-hour eating window and see how it goes. Knowing the way my body responds to "dieting”" I honestly do not place too much faith in this working as far as rapid fat loss, or even very much re progress, but I AM going to give it a shot, since it’s only 11-12 days of dieting. If it works, great; if not, I'll just go back to what I know DOES work for my body.

This last week has been one of the most stressful of this year and I am determined NOT to let next week be anything like it! It's back to my daily 0330 to 2230 schedule, training first thing, motivation renewed, because I canNOT afford ANYthing to go wrong any more. It's about PUSHING THE LIMITS, removing ALL boundaries (because I know, even though we might think we have none, there are always going to be some UNconscious ones in our mind), and making each day BETTER than the last, LIVING life as it is MEANT to be lived!