The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Page 28 of 37 First ... 23262728293033 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

Rosie,

I don't generally post music links because every body has so varied tastes, but this one reminds me so much of your fierece determintation that I thought I would post it for you. (King)James turned me on to this band.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    I loved this read. I sometimes wonder why I continually go to the gym and just not accept what others around are doing about their health. NOTHING> I wonder if I'm being selfish in going to the gym and leaving my wife and baby at home while I go do what I love, TRAIN, for a brief moment after work. I often wonder if letting myself get extremely soft and unhealthy is what it will take to get others to undertand how unhapy I will truly be if I stopped working out and sat on the couch and watched endless hours of television. I feel alienated at work and have no one to really talk to about why I do what I do in the gym. No one cares becuase they would be happier if I just became one of them. At home, I don't discuss health or working out because this is just something my significant other isn't interested in. The only place I have to remain motivated is an online community. Wow. Really? I needed this read. Maybe one day my hard work will maybe pay off. How? I don't know but it's motivation enough to keep learning, driving and moving towards, well forward.
    Thank you Sometimes you HAVE to be selfish for YOU - I have learnt that; after all, if YOU don't take care of you, who else is truly going to? No one, that's what. It's you and you alone against the world, even though it's not supposed to be like that. Trust me, if I was like most people, I'd rather shoot myself right now and be done with it, because most people do NOT live but merely exist, and that to me is NOT living, but wasting the life that they were given to be a Blessing with! Most people don't like what they don't understand, what is different, what is NOT them, those are are NOT content to live mediocre lives as another "sheep" just following the man and living for, well, living for what; possessions and accolades are not everything and none of them truly mean anything in the grand scheme of life - nothing except what impact you have on the world and the difference you can make in the lives of others. Even "like-minded" individuals can be hard to find in this lifestyle, because not everyone thinks the same or shares the same views, and even those who live this lifestyle can be like everyone else. Yes, I have strong opinions and I'm not afraid to voice them, LOL, but I am glad that you can feel free to express and share here.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Rosie,

I don't generally post music links because every body has so varied tastes, but this one reminds me so much of your fierece determintation that I thought I would post it for you. (King)James turned me on to this band.

Awesome song - thank you, Tony You have no idea how much this song describes where I am at this point in my life right now!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    Thank you Sometimes you HAVE to be selfish for YOU - I have learnt that; after all, if YOU don't take care of you, who else is truly going to? No one, that's what. It's you and you alone against the world, even though it's not supposed to be like that. Trust me, if I was like most people, I'd rather shoot myself right now and be done with it, because most people do NOT live but merely exist, and that to me is NOT living, but wasting the life that they were given to be a Blessing with! Most people don't like what they don't understand, what is different, what is NOT them, those are are NOT content to live mediocre lives as another "sheep" just following the man and living for, well, living for what; possessions and accolades are not everything and none of them truly mean anything in the grand scheme of life - nothing except what impact you have on the world and the difference you can make in the lives of others. Even "like-minded" individuals can be hard to find in this lifestyle, because not everyone thinks the same or shares the same views, and even those who live this lifestyle can be like everyone else. Yes, I have strong opinions and I'm not afraid to voice them, LOL, but I am glad that you can feel free to express and share here.

Awesome song - thank you, Tony You have no idea how much this song describes where I am at this point in my life right now!

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie. I definitely read that response several times. I don't mind sharing because like you said, it's hard to find like minded people. You definiteLy speak your mind. It's truly noted and your thoughts are well respected by me, no matter the response. I read through your log and see just how much you let out your thoughts, feelings and opinions.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

I know that this road is my destiny...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Choices, Chances, Changes

We all have choices. We all have chances. We all don’t have to change.

We all have to decide to make a choice to take a chance if we want to change.

If you are not happy with where you currently are in life, then step back and reassess your situation. See where you are and where you WANT to be. Consider all the possibilities. Weigh in all the choices. Lay them all out before you and make a DECISION.

Your decision could be to stay where you are, because your comfort zone is safer than risking the unknown. Your decision might be to take that chance and risk everything you know for what you don’t, having faith and believing that putting yourself out there is the FIRST step to achieving your dreams.

Your decision to step OUTside your comfort zone is going to lead to CHANGE. Change is GOOD. Change means FORWARD momentum. It implies PROGRESS. Taking that first step into the unknown could forever change your life as you know it, but you will never know unless you TAKE it.

If you want your life to CHANGE, then you WILL make the CHOICE to CHANCE the roll of the life’s dice and GO FOR IT!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Monday

HIIT Run:
    a. 5 min jogging
    b. 28 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 5 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 6
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Rear Flyes 2 x 12
    4. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. BB Military Press 4 x 6
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet D -
    7. DB Arnold Press 2 x 12
    8. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    10. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet F -
    11. DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12
    12. Skip 2 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 103-107 rpm

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Up two hours later than I wanted to be, but I'll get there by the end of the week.

Energy: Started fading ~1500. It was a LONG day and passed out on the couch again last night.

Quality of Training: Made it a shorter session in the morning, planning on doing Hamstrings with some cardio in the evening after work, but that didn't happen due to being so exhausted (to be done on Tuesday instead). The rest of the session went ok, pushing through the pain in my shoulders and wrists (both of which are playing up now).

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

No Plan B

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

True Strength

Strength is not something you SEE. It is something you FEEL. Something you DISCOVER. Something that overpowers you with its presence that you canít help BUT notice it.

Strength is what you find when you think you have NOTHING left. When you run out of options and REFUSE to give in, knowing that there is something MORE out there. Something to live FOR. Something to keep you going, because it is NOT yet the end for you.

Strength is the PASSION deep inside you. It is the WILLPOWER that drives you. It is the DETERMINATION to never ever give up no matter what. It is the TEARS that you hide, the smile that shows when you feel like you are shattering inside into a million pieces that will never be able to be put back together. It is the LOVE you give when you feel like you are empty of all emotion and have nothing left.

Strength is so much MORE than can ever be described. It is a trait of those who LIVE on, who have survived horrors and circumstances that would break the human soul. It is the foundation built with FAITH that there is more to life than what is currently happening. It is knowing that there is something BETTER coming, to be made, to be created, to be SOUGHT and FOUGHT for. It is NOT making or accepting excuses on failure to rise to the challenge and be ALL that you can be.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Tuesday

Skip x 300 revolutions

Arms (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
    2. Dips 4 x 6
    3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. Alternate Incline DB Hammer Bicep Curls 4 x 16
    5. Rope Tricep Push-Down 4 x 6
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet C -
    7. Cable Bicep Curls (each hand with individual handle) 4 x 10
    8. Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions 4 x 10
    9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 100-103 rpm

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Up an hour earlier than yesterday - only an hour off when I want to be getting up ALL the time henceforth, so let's make it tomorrow!

Energy: Fading again at ~1500, so headed home from work early, and no doing Abs as a second training session with cardio either (going to have to do this with Hamstrings tomorrow and make it five days re weights this week - no biggie).

Joints: Left wrist in so much pain today that I strapped it up for the second half of the day.

Quality of Training: Hit the heaviest body mass I have had in the last 3-4 years today (nothing to be proud of or happy with), and definitely felt it with Dips (who wouldn't feel an extra 20 pounds on their usual "comfort" mass?!), but knowing I am stronger as well, since tempo I slowed down on almost everything, despite the screaming in my wrists (THEY do not like the extra weight). No wonder my legs feel so heavy, and I hate the way I feel - got to TURN this around (I was 9.1% bodyfat on Sunday morning), no excuses (as embarrassed as I am to admit it, instead of going the way I wanted after my birthday I went in the complete OPPOSITE direction - the only consolation is that my delts and arms have grown more and are now the best that they have ever been, so will look better when I am leaner again).

Other Notes: As much as I hate to admit it, I have become rather dependent on my "staples" and being withOUT them, especially the stims (yes, one reason why I am fatiguing so easily is because I am perpetually anaemic - not iron deficient, but because of my blood disorder - and for some reason the stims seemed to help combat the usual fatigue I have) is a mini-nightmare. I don't feel much like me, even though I have been able to smile the last couple of days (work has been fun) and just want to return to my "normal" as SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Muscle and Strength: My first "fitness" article Breaking the Myth: "If I Lift Heavy I'll End Up Looking Like A Man!" (originally written for Applied Nutriceuticals and since published on multiple websites) has now been republished by Muscle and Strength - you can read it here.

6. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor

Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  7. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Thanks Rosie. I definitely read that response several times. I don't mind sharing because like you said, it's hard to find like minded people. You definiteLy speak your mind. It's truly noted and your thoughts are well respected by me, no matter the response. I read through your log and see just how much you let out your thoughts, feelings and opinions.
    No worries, bud Yes, sometimes I have had to learn how to reign in my opinions, especially over here, since they are often not too well taken (people seem to dislike strong-minded individuals, particularly females, and do not like being told the truth), but now, I really don't care what others think of my perspective, because they will think what they will and so will I, and no one is "right" per se - we are all entitled to have our own views and people will always clash and I respect that. I just choose to pick those I "surround" myself with carefully - if you don't TRULY live my lifestyle or are not someone who has been dear to me for longer than forever, then you are just superfluous in my life really. No more letting myself be taken down or trapped by those who don't want me to spread my wings simply because they won't dare to chance to fly themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    Jammie! The man who first had faith and saw something in me, starting me down this path in my fitness journey has finally arrived! Let's give him all a MASSIVE guys!

~Rosie~

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

~Rosie~
    Hoped you would appreciate that, glad you do!

Recoverbro
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Hoped you would appreciate that, glad you do!
    I do, thank you - it's now on my training playlist

~Rosie~

10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.

No worries, bud Yes, sometimes I have had to learn how to reign in my opinions, especially over here, since they are often not too well taken (people seem to dislike strong-minded individuals, particularly females, and do not like being told the truth), but now, I really don't care what others think of my perspective, because they will think what they will and so will I, and no one is "right" per se - we are all entitled to have our own views and people will always clash and I respect that. I just choose to pick those I "surround" myself with carefully - if you don't TRULY live my lifestyle or are not someone who has been dear to me for longer than forever, then you are just superfluous in my life really. No more letting myself be taken down or trapped by those who don't want me to spread my wings simply because they won't dare to chance to fly themselves!

Jammie! The man who first had faith and saw something in me, starting me down this path in my fitness journey has finally arrived! Let's give him all a MASSIVE guys!

~Rosie~
    Welcome Jammie!

Recoverbro
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

a lot of work, time, dedication into this log!
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    a lot of work, time, dedication into this log!
    This is really more than "just a log" - even though I have not always gone into comprehensive detail, it's pretty much an evolution of me, following my journey since the start of the year, the changes that I have gone through, etc.

Sometimes it can take a lot of time - updating may become a little more sporadic as I start working more and more again, but even if it does, you guys can always check out my daily Motivationals by going to the Rosie's MuscleRevolution Facebook page re "Notes" (or my personal page).

~Rosie~

13. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Calmly Disturbed

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Expectation and Appreciation

We have expectations of ourselves - that does not mean everyone else does the same. Those of us that have expectations of ourselves often also have expectations of others - expectations they may not have themselves, and if they do, likely to be very different from those held by the individual in question. Therefore, it is better NOT to have any expectations of anyone BUT yourself, for that way no one can ever DISAPPOINT you - for you WILL be disappointed if you expect everyone else to hold to the SAME standards that you set for yourself.

Instead, learn to be SURPRISED and APPRECIATE it when someone rises to the occasion and you discover that they DO have expectations of themselves after all, and that sometimes they might not be so very far off your own for you.

If you stop expecting and begin accepting the truth of the world, then your perception of it and the people in it changes. It changes from one who is always cynical to one who can be surprised, one who can see the beauty in life, the blessings in the tragedy. Life changes when WE change, when our PERCEPTIONS change, when we learn to LET GO of the things that we canNOT control, and learn to focus on making OURSELVES the BEST that we can, hoping that we are example enough that others will FOLLOW suit.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 7 min jogging

Session 2

Hamstrings/Abs (30 sec recovery between supersets and trisets):
    SuperSet -
    1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on step, reaching DB down ~6 inches) 4 x 10
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet A -
    3. Weighted DB Crunch (on bench) 4 x 10
    4. Reverse Curls (on bench) 4 x 10
    5. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    6. Swissball Leg Curls 1 x 20
    7. Swissball Crunches (feet on wall, knees at 90 degree flexion) 1 x 20
    8. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Did not get up an hour earlier than yesterday, but an hour LATER, and was NOT pleased.

Energy: Getting lower by the day - and no, I am NOT "dieting" or being restrictive with carbohydrates or anything else silly like that. There are a few factors in play, one of which is stress, the additional body mass, and the fact that I have not taken a break from training in ~6 months - my body is just letting me know that I can't completely abuse it.

Joints: Getting more and more painful both my shoulders and wrists - it has become a constant nuisance now.

Quality of Training: HIIT was slower than slow, my sprints as fast as I could make them, but almost seeming like my "regular" jog (when I am feeling ok). Entire body was just exhausted and the extra body mass is not being kind on my knees or lower legs...Did the Hamstrings and Abs that I did not do on Monday and Tuesday respectively - glad I did them, because I didn't feel like it and was just going to leave work early withOUT anything further than my HIIT Run done prior to. I DID get on the Recline Bike after the weights, but stopped after a minute my body was THAT bad. Weighing up what to do for the rest of the week.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Quiet in my soul, albeit VERY disappointed in myself for the last 6-7 weeks and letting myself get affected the way I have.

Iron Mulisha: John actually inspired this piece - read The Life I Chose To Live here.

14. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

THANK YOU!

I WOULD LIKE TO ACKNOWLEDGE...

Very few of us succeed on our own - more often than not it is a "team" effort to get you to where you are, and none of us would be where we are today if it were not for some significant people and events in our lives. I would like to just acknowledge (again for a couple, since I have noted this in times past, but it IS important to me) some of those individuals who have been significant in my fitness journey and where I am today.

The most significant person in starting me on the path I have been on the last few years is Jammie Bane. Jammie saw something in a stranger more than half-way around the world that gave him faith a place on the AppNut team for me would not be in error. If it were not for Jammie, I would likely never be here in the US (at least, not for the reasons I did, nor for why I am still here), never have encountered the people that I have (some of whom have changed my life in more ways than I ever thought possible!), not be following the same path that I am today (not just because opportunity might not have presented itself, but because some significant events might have never come to pass). Jammie truly set me on this particular fitness path and the journey thus far has been beyond anything I could have imagined. The people I have met along the way, the support and encouragement that has been discovered - it is tremendous, and I am blessed and grateful to all those who have been a part of my journey, who see that same something Jammie saw and believed in, giving me the opportunity to pursue my dreams and live my vision.

Being a published author is a dream I have had ever since I can remember. Although I still hold that dream re having a novel of my own published one day, I want to thank Tammy Renee of World Physique for first making my dream in being a published author true when she gave me the opportunity writing for a fitness and lifestyle magazine, with my own Inspiration/Motivation column in World Physique Magazine and WPM Women (before the first publication with my work in the former came out). If not for Tammy I would never have started writing my [daily] Motivationals, sharing and becoming more personal (that's thanks in huge part to that special individual mentioned below) in speaking what is on and in my heart...I would also like to thank Kat Painter of the FitnessX Team, who allowed me to share in a different area of my expertise, making me a Sports columnist for FitnessX Magazine...

Modeling is not something I ever thought I would do, but I have done quite a bit over the last year, discovering a new enjoyment and path in the fitness industry to explore and use as a platform to reach out to more people. Tony Mitchell was the first photographer I worked with once I made the decision to seriously pursue fitness modeling, and he was so patient with me, guiding me, trying to pull something out of me I never thought I would be because it was so very not me. Not just a photographer but a true artist, I have worked with Tony several times since that first time (from which several of the images were published), and it is awesome when you find a friend in a mentor. I enjoy being different and not doing what everyone else does, and Tony is able to bring my soul out in his images (especially the last shoot we did at the end of May), creating magic whenever we shoot.

We all have someone who has inspired us along our life's journey. I have been the most inspired during the last few months, during the darkest, but also the lightest period of my life, finally closer to being the woman God intended me to be - all because of one very special individual who was the catalyst for all the growth in my life and most of the changes I have made. It's amazing how ONE person can make so much difference and they truly have been the most significant person in my life instigating my own personal revolution, and if not for this individual I would have remained a closed terminator, instead of being able to open up and begin sharing some of my story and experiences. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for speaking my language, understanding where I have been and where I am - your simple acceptance and support made me believe again, somehow giving me what I needed to really step out and finally come "into my own".

Last but by no means the least, thank you to Jeff Zwick, Christine and Matt Pearson, Eric Marchewitz, Drew Miller, Obi Obadike, Zach Rosen, Ben Booker, Gina and Walt Ostarly, Chris Tucker, Al Scott, Rolsey Hammed, Lauren Christine Frahn, Dominique Vien, Jerry Beck, Tamara Barnett, Elisha Voysest, John Hicks, and Brent Potter - all of you have been big factors either as mentors, support, motivation, or change in my life in the time that I have known you. There are more people who have played roles in my life and if I have not called you out specifically, please know that I appreciate everything you have done for and with me - this journey would not have been quite the same without you.

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

The more you are able to endure and overcome in life the stronger you spirit becomes... I sometimes feel sorry for those who experience so little because it limits their opportunity for growth, however I will admit I have spent some time in my life feeling sorry for myself. Growth is hard and hard on you at times. I often cringe at the thought that God is about to teach me another lesson. I am always glad afterward that he did but the thought of the hardship I may have to endure is very imtimidating. As I have gotten older the bumps have smoothed and there is a lot less stress in my life. Maybe I'm getting better
    This whole thread is damn inspirational..I too have seen my share of ups and downs in life, but I know that everything happens for a reason, and has truly made me appreciate those I love, and love me. Life might throw u some challenges at times, but its what we do to overcome these challenges and grow stronger which matters

Sent from my HTC One X using Am.com
  16. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runnerschick View Post
    This whole thread is damn inspirational..I too have seen my share of ups and downs in life, but I know that everything happens for a reason, and has truly made me appreciate those I love, and love me. Life might throw u some challenges at times, but its what we do to overcome these challenges and grow stronger which matters
    Thank you...Your words speak truth indeed...

~Rosie~

17. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Got to do this for ME

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Your Own Hero

A hero can be defined by many things. The world has many heroes - they are not always the people in the limelight, those winning the accolades for great deeds, nor the famous and notorious; but more often than not they are the ones you never see or hear of, the unsung greats who do it for nothing more than simply because they can and want to help another in their time of need or trouble.

As Christo Parkeeves said, “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” The Flowers of War trailer states that, “In extraordinary times ordinary people become heroes.”

Sometimes life leaves us with no other option but to step up to the plate and be the hero that is needed, to stand up for ourselves, to right the wrongs, to see that our justice is done, to be our OWN hero.

Are you waiting for someone ELSE to “save” you? Or are you prepared to dig deep within you for the strength, the determination, the perseverance, and passion to rise up and do what you know is RIGHT? Are YOU willing to step up to the challenge, into the shoes that you’ve perhaps thought yourself unworthy of wearing?

Because let me tell you right now, you ARE worthy. If you have something in the recesses of your soul that cries every time you see an injustice, when you are on your knees and have nothing left, when you are backed into a corner and see no way out, and that something comes strongly to the fore, then you ARE worthy. You have something inside you that will not close its eyes to what is going on and you HAVE to ACT to make it better. THAT is the heart of a hero.

Look WITHIN. Don’t rely on others - rely on YOURSELF to do what needs to be done, to pull yourself out of the black hole you might find yourself in, inch by bleeding inch, step by painful step. Allow the journey to teach you, mould you into something BETTER than what you are. Find strength you never knew you had, courage you have never used, and fight back with everything you’ve got, because this is YOUR life, YOUR war, YOUR battle, YOUR fight.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Thursday

Session 1

Run 2 miles

Session 2

Skip x 300 revolutions

Weights (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
    QuadSet A -
    1. Stiff-Legged DB Deadlifts (on box, reaching DB down 6 inches) 3 x 10
    2. Single-Arm DB Bent Over Rows 3 x 8 per arm
    3. Side-to-side DB Push-Ups (feet on floor, hands on DB) 3 x 10
    4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    QuadSet B -
    5. Alternate Single-Arm DB Raises 3 x 10 per side
    6. Plate Hammer Raises 3 x 8
    7. Reverse Flyes 3 x 10
    8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Another "late" awakening, but up in town to get a quick run in before heading to the gym to train a client, finishing up my own training afterwards.

Energy: A little better than it has been.

Joints: My left hip has also been bothering me the last few days - since I lay on my left side on the couch - especially when I am skipping and running. Left wrist was strapped up again during training and afterwards.

Quality of Training: Run was not the best - the same time for a mile less than I would normally do, my body just one huge ache and NOT wanting to move, feeling it in my lower legs...Resistance training took me some time to get into, nauseous from the start, but pushing through. Was supposed to be my Full-Body day, but after quadset B the nausea was so bad that I stopped the weights and went to the recline bike, getting that done and out of the way. Planned on finishing up the other half of mu weights in the evening, but come evening, just decided to do it on Friday instead...

Supplements: I run out of Erase on Sunday (changes reflected in post #1).

Other Notes: Went back through my Training Journal [as I was stretching]. I have not had a week off training since I started back 10 January - which is good, but not good at the same time. HALF of those weeks I was doing 2-a-day training - whether my second session was cardio, weights, or a mix of both. The last time I had an "easy" week was 12 weeks ago - the week before my photoshoots in Florida, with only five days of training (instead of six), still doing weights on three of those days. So yes, my body may be telling me that it needs a break - if only doing 5-6 days of training, with 2-3 days of weights - I canNOT afford to have any LESS time "off" re my body, but at the same time I can't just expect it to keep going and going, because it is suffering badly right now and I have to at least LISTEN to it. I also need to UNDO the damage I have done over the last 6.5 weeks and turn this elephant back into a gazelle again [for my well-being as well as for upcoming photoshoots] - that's going to require INTENSITY and TIME, back to 2-a-day training the way I was through March and April. My body NEEDS to HANDLE - I will MAKE it. Lord, please give me Strength!

18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Resistance training took me some time to get into, nauseous from the start, but pushing through. Was supposed to be my Full-Body day, but after quadset B the nausea was so bad that I stopped the weights and went to the recline bike, getting that done and out of the way.
    Any idea what typically causes this for you? I ask because 3 days this week, I have felt nausea during my workouts and one of the days in particular it extended a few hours beyond completion. However, I have not changed my supplementation, workouts, etc.; nor has it been any hotter / more humid than previous weeks.

Thanks Rosie, as usual you are an inspiration.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  19. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Any idea what typically causes this for you? I ask because 3 days this week, I have felt nausea during my workouts and one of the days in particular it extended a few hours beyond completion. However, I have not changed my supplementation, workouts, etc.; nor has it been any hotter / more humid than previous weeks.

Thanks Rosie, as usual you are an inspiration.
    Yes, I do (if there are issues with my body, 99% of the time I know what is or has caused it), and it is going to be different for me than it is for you. Re you it could possibly be the heat, sometimes if you eat pre-training, have not had enough water, etc.

~Rosie~

20. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Light up the stars...All that you are...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Believe

Believe in yourself and the dreams in your heart. Believe in yourself and the goals you want to see manifest. Believe in yourself and the things you want to come true. Believe in yourself and stay true to yourself in everything you say and do.

Believe with all your heart that if it truly is important to you, then NOTHING will stop you from attaining it. Nothing will stand in your way or say “no, you cannot do that”, and if it does, you will knock it flying, because you have so much faith that you are flying on the wings of hope, and hope is so very powerful.

Believe in yourself and what you truly want and know that ANYthing can be made possible, become possible, BE possible. Dare to dream OUTside the realm of what is “possible”. Let nothing tell you that is it not, and if they do, do NOT accept it, for truth is what is and not one’s opinion.

Believe in the heavens and the stars that light them and that you can REACH those heavens if you truly strive to touch the stars and be AMONG them. Do NOT limit yourself to what SEEMS possible or conventional and doable by man, but live by the dreams in your heart and ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Friday

HIIT Treadmill:
    a. 3 min @ 4.41 min/km
    b. 2 x 20 sec effort @ 3.75 min/km / 10 sec rest
    c. 2 x 20 sec effort @ 3.57 min.km / 10 sec rest
    d. 2 x 20 sec effort @ 3.41 min.km / 10 sec rest
    e. 2 x 20 sec effort @ 3.26 min.km / 10 sec rest
    f. 3 min @ 4.41 min/km

Weights (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
    QuadSet A -
    1. EZ-Bar Biceo Curls 3 x 21s
    2. DB French Press 3 x 8
    3. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 20
    4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    QuadSet B -
    5. Swissball Crunches (270 degrees to 180 degrees) 3 x 10
    6. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
    7. Pikes (on floor) 3 x 15
    8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Stretch 10 min

Post-Weights Cardio:

Stretch 10 min

OTHER NOTES

Energy: Just feel exhausted and want to sleep - hopefully I will get an hour's catnap before work tonight.

Joints: Left hip is being a huge issue - going to be interesting at work tonight. Left shoulder is also feeling it. And left wrist.

Quality of Training: Back to the treadmill, yes (figured out which shoes will let me "get away" with using it) - increased speed every two efforts, just to make sure I WORKED. Slick and wet afterwards, dripping more as I got into the weights. Pain in right wrist from the start, my shoulders, left especially joining in the squawking of my body's protest at me. Stretched a little before doing post-weights cardio, finishing off when got back home.

Overall Sense of Feeling: Not been the best of weeks, but it's not over yet, and there is ALWAYS something in my day - SOMEONE - to make me SMILE, so thank God for small blessings.

21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Thanks Rosie, come to think of it, I typically train fasted, but due to work this week I have had to train in the afternoon instead of morning...so its probably that. I hope things energy/jointwise improve for you - just keep smiling, as it is a brilliant one.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  22. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Thanks Rosie, come to think of it, I typically train fasted, but due to work this week I have had to train in the afternoon instead of morning...so its probably that. I hope things energy/jointwise improve for you - just keep smiling, as it is a brilliant one.
    No worries I do too, although it's not very likely at this point. You can always find a smile somewhere.

~Rosie~

23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

This thread always gives me a smile, and reminds me to focus on the positives!
  24. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by runnerschick View Post
    This thread always gives me a smile, and reminds me to focus on the positives!

25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Good morning Rosie! Whatcha got planned for today?
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  26. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Good morning Rosie! Whatcha got planned for today?
    Afternoon, LOL (laptop has been playing up) - just errands and then off to work in ~10 minutes (so today's update will be done tomorrow, since I probably won't be done until early hours of the morning). Hope your weekend is going well!

~Rosie~

27. Registered User

Just stopping to say hello! Happy Sunday all! Hope you're feeling well Rosie! I decided against the jaw surgery. Sometimes the risk outweighs the benefit & that's the case here
    Pushing forward with a smile & will baby myself as needed!
    Can't wait to catch up on the thread
    God bless you all!
  28. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by amyfigs View Post
    Just stopping to say hello! Happy Sunday all! Hope you're feeling well Rosie! I decided against the jaw surgery. Sometimes the risk outweighs the benefit & that's the case here
    Pushing forward with a smile & will baby myself as needed!
    Can't wait to catch up on the thread
    God bless you all!
    Afternoon, Amy I feel like crap, but that's ok - going to go back to bed for a bit and get up later and do another all-nighter.

As long as you do what's best for you, when you do, you will find the strength to push through whatever you have to endure or must do.

Have a Blessed Sunday as well, and I will update later, guys

~Rosie~

29. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Choices & Changes

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Who I Am Today

Do we really know a person? Can we ever really know OURSELVES? For we are ever changing, the events and circumstances we find ourselves in, the struggles we battle through, the mountains we climb to the top, the people we find ourselves in the company of, creating an environment for change.

And yet, even as we change, no matter how subtly, we never lose the essence of ourselves, of what makes us truly unique and US. We evolve, taking some of the old into the new, discarding what we do not need and embracing that which can only be beneficial to our well-being, seeking to heal the wounds of yesterday with the hope of tomorrow and the joy of the present.

Everything we have ever experienced is a part of who we are. Every choice we have ever made has led us to this place. Everything we have ever held inside is a part of us. As humans we are multi-faceted, beautiful in our complexity, wondrous in our individuality. Just because it is not seen does not mean that it is not THERE.

I am BETTER than I was yesterday. I have learnt from my yesterdays and are growing into my tomorrows as I experience my present. I am BECOMING. A never-ending process of being tempered by the fires of life, so that at the end of everything I can look back and see how FAR I have come, every choice, every decision, having moulded this rough stone into a sparkling jewel, so translucent that light can shine through it, the light within reaching out into the darkness to touch and shine through the hearts of other jewels that have been just as tempered into beauty.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Saturday

Run 3 miles

Stretch 20 min

Sunday

Day OFF

Sleep: All over the place.

Energy: Was still exhausted when went to work yesterday, but "woke up" during my shift, and afterwards, not going to bed until close to 0500 this morning, waking on and off, having no energy on "final" waking.

Joints: Left wrist was feeling it yesterday.

Quality of Training: 3-mile run yesterday was ok, but feeling it in my lower legs - definitely got to lose all the additional body mass.

Body Composition: Now at 10% bodyfat - the second time I have been above 9.5% bodyfat in 1.5-2 years, so not pleased, very ashamed of and disappointed in myself. Feeling it and seeing it. Anything over ~8.3% bodyfat and my body doesn't feel like my own, so have to get it back down to STAY down ASAP. Getting back into a routine will be a start.

OTHER NOTES

Muscle-Base

Another of my very first articles has now been published on Muscle-Base - read it here.

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  128 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee
    MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Who I Am Today

Do we really know a person? Can we ever really know OURSELVES? For we are ever changing, the events and circumstances we find ourselves in, the struggles we battle through, the mountains we climb to the top, the people we find ourselves in the company of, creating an environment for change.

And yet, even as we change, no matter how subtly, we never lose the essence of ourselves, of what makes us truly unique and US. We evolve, taking some of the old into the new, discarding what we do not need and embracing that which can only be beneficial to our well-being, seeking to heal the wounds of yesterday with the hope of tomorrow and the joy of the present.

Everything we have ever experienced is a part of who we are. Every choice we have ever made has led us to this place. Everything we have ever held inside is a part of us. As humans we are multi-faceted, beautiful in our complexity, wondrous in our individuality. Just because it is not seen does not mean that it is not THERE.

I am BETTER than I was yesterday. I have learnt from my yesterdays and are growing into my tomorrows as I experience my present. I am BECOMING. A never-ending process of being tempered by the fires of life, so that at the end of everything I can look back and see how FAR I have come, every choice, every decision, having moulded this rough stone into a sparkling jewel, so translucent that light can shine through it, the light within reaching out into the darkness to touch and shine through the hearts of other jewels that have been just as tempered into beauty.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Saturday

Run 3 miles

Stretch 20 min

Sunday

Day OFF

Sleep: All over the place.

Energy: Was still exhausted when went to work yesterday, but "woke up" during my shift, and afterwards, not going to bed until close to 0500 this morning, waking on and off, having no energy on "final" waking.

Joints: Left wrist was feeling it yesterday.

Quality of Training: 3-mile run yesterday was ok, but feeling it in my lower legs - definitely got to lose all the additional body mass.

Body Composition: Now at 10% bodyfat - the second time I have been above 9.5% bodyfat in 1.5-2 years, so not pleased, very ashamed of and disappointed in myself. Feeling it and seeing it. Anything over ~8.3% bodyfat and my body doesn't feel like my own, so have to get it back down to STAY down ASAP. Getting back into a routine will be a start.

OTHER NOTES

Muscle-Base

Another of my very first articles has now been published on Muscle-Base - read it here.

Inspirational, Rosie. It is people like you who make the rest of us take a step back and think about who we are and what makes us all special...thankyou for brightening my day!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 12:57 AM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12