The Female Terminator Chronicles: The Ultimate Muscle and Physique Stack (2012)

Page 14 of 28 First ... 9121314151619 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    You are absolutely right, Tony. One would not know what light was unless they had lived in darkness. Victory would be meaningless without the struggle to get there. One can never truly know what joy is if they have never felt the pain of sorrow.

I don't know about that re behaviour. Sometimes something can be such an ingrained habit that it becomes second nature to do, done without even thinking, whether it is helping or harming us. That said, ANYthing can be overcome and changed if it has to be - victory through struggle.

Maybe I just have a different definition of "balance" than others...I know that to everyone else I am not and have never had any balance in my life, nor lived a balanced lifestyle, always at one extreme or the other...But maybe to me that IS MY balance...

~Rosie~
    Actually if you were in a constant state of movement on a balance beam, and moved from one end to the other at break neck speed, you could in fact maintain the balance point. Its when you stay at one extreme or the other that you crash, the secret is to never stop moving....change is good
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I just can't walk away...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Passion and Determination

Everything you do should be done with PASSION. Passion makes you feel ALIVE, lights you from within, gives the sparkle in your eyes, the bounce in your step, then energy and enthusiasm that draws others to you.

Everything you do should be done with DETERMINATION. Determination means that you are prepared to do whatever it takes, no matter who or what may try and stop you from achieving what you have set out to accomplish.

Together, passion and determination make a POWERFUL team. A powerful team is hard to break and only gets STRONGER when faced with adversity.

Passion and determination make the journey less arduous. You know that everything done has a PURPOSE, bringing you one step CLOSER to the culmination of your dream. One step closer to the ultimate HIGH.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

Skip x 300 revolutions

Shoulders/Arms/Abs (30 sec recovery between quadsets):
    QuadSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 3 x 8
    2. BB Military Press 3 x 8
    3. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 3 x 10 per side
    4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    QuadSet B -
    5. EZ-Bar Bicep Curls 3 x 21s
    6. Dips 3 x 8
    7. Alternate DB Hammer Bicep Curls 3 x 10 per side
    8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    QuadSet C -
    9. Hanging Straight-Leg Raises (feet to touch bar) 3 x 10
    10. Reverse Curls (on floor) 3 x 10
    11. Pikes (on floor) 3 x 20
    12. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 110-112 rpm

Stretch 20 min

Session 2

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 24 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 10 min jogging

Mood: Upset during training, close to tears at several points, getting frustrated and angry with myself, forcing my body to scream as I pushed it, not helping my stress (which has been exceptionally high the last few days - evidenced by the coming up again of my wisdom teeth, the SECOND time in the space of 2-3 weeks!).

Pump: Strong and hard - this, combined with the vascularity and definition is what I want ALWAYS.

Vascularity: Excellent - looked like someone had painted veins on me, LOL.

Joints: Left wrist in pain. Right wrist pain as well after the second set of EZ-Bar Bicep Curls. Right anterior delt in constant pain throughout training and the rest of the day.

Quality of Training: Almost pretty much out of bed and to the gym today. Took me a little to awake fully and concentrate, not really wanting to be there, but glad that I did the session by the end, flushed and dripping as I was...Finding it hard to breathe during post-weights cardio, my heart hurting, the pain in my chest radiating, continuing with pressure from one fist on my chest, my face a mask of pain...

OTHER NOTES

About Muscle Interview

Got home from the gym to discover that my Interview (inclusive of many never-seen-before images taken by Dan Ray) with About Muscle was published [as a Feature] today (thank you, James)!

Check it out: Interview With The Female Terminator Rosie Chee

Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

You are absolutely right, Tony. One would not know what light was unless they had lived in darkness. Victory would be meaningless without the struggle to get there. One can never truly know what joy is if they have never felt the pain of sorrow.

I don't know about that re behaviour. Sometimes something can be such an ingrained habit that it becomes second nature to do, done without even thinking, whether it is helping or harming us. That said, ANYthing can be overcome and changed if it has to be - victory through struggle.

Maybe I just have a different definition of "balance" than others...I know that to everyone else I am not and have never had any balance in my life, nor lived a balanced lifestyle, always at one extreme or the other...But maybe to me that IS MY balance...

~Rosie~
    Even extremes can be ok as long as they are not destructive and one maintains their priorities. As to doubt about the behavior "pay off" thing, you kind of made my point for me aS even the security of the familiar is a pay off
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve

Recoverbro
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    Actually if you were in a constant state of movement on a balance beam, and moved from one end to the other at break neck speed, you could in fact maintain the balance point. Its when you stay at one extreme or the other that you crash, the secret is to never stop moving....change is good
    Yes, change is good; as is constant movement - as long as it is FORWARD!

Quote Originally Posted by taman6886 View Post
    Even extremes can be ok as long as they are not destructive and one maintains their priorities. As to doubt about the behavior "pay off" thing, you kind of made my point for me aS even the security of the familiar is a pay off
    I am highly destructive, especially to myself. I am slowly learning to combat this, but it's not fast nor easy by any means.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.35%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Rosie good workouts, with a lot of passion. If I had to describe you in one word which isn't possible, but Passionate would be def one tops. Ouch on the wisdom teeth. I have been told to get mine out at 20yrs old, and now 32 lol still haven't. But they don't hurt anymore. Once and a blue moon, i'd bite side of my mouth with them and scream, but been a while. Anyway hope that pains subsides. Also wicked interview, and love your pics. One awesome hardworking cuteeee girl lol. Take care and have a good Sunday!!
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!
    Lecheek Nutrition/Genomyx REP

6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Rosie good workouts, with a lot of passion. If I had to describe you in one word which isn't possible, but Passionate would be def one tops. Ouch on the wisdom teeth. I have been told to get mine out at 20yrs old, and now 32 lol still haven't. But they don't hurt anymore. Once and a blue moon, i'd bite side of my mouth with them and scream, but been a while. Anyway hope that pains subsides. Also wicked interview, and love your pics. One awesome hardworking cuteeee girl lol. Take care and have a good Sunday!!
    They're not good ENOUGH, Tommy - I need to work far HARDER, especially this close to a shoot, and it seems like all I have done this week is the OPPOSITE of what I should be (sigh)...Yeah, mine have been coming up and down for years, usually whenever I am highly stressed, which is about at least once a month, and it feels like someone has blown up the sides of my face...Thank you

~Rosie~

7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Hey Rosie I just read your article you linked. Really enjoyed it. I have a question about your supplements though. You say you take 1-2 grams vitamin C. In each instance you take 1-2 grams. I have learned on here though that taking more than 500 mg at a time can be Pro-oxident. Have you heard or read this?.
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Hey Rosie I just read your article you linked. Really enjoyed it. I have a question about your supplements though. You say you take 1-2 grams vitamin C. In each instance you take 1-2 grams. I have learned on here though that taking more than 500 mg at a time can be Pro-oxident. Have you heard or read this?.
    Thanks, Steve Yes, that is correct re Vitamin C - I never use anything less than one gram in a dose, and no, I have not heard that (although in total, I probably use too MUCH Vitamin C sometimes).

~Rosie~

9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

I WILL fly...With OR withOUT you...

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

YOU DECIDE!

There are many people out there ready and willing to tell you that you can’t do something, whether because they don’t believe in your dream or you or just don’t want to see you achieve something great. Don’t let YOURSELF be one of those people.

At the end of the day, YOU decide what you can AND cannot do. If you believe in yourself and your ability to do something, then you WILL do it. If you do not believe in yourself or that what you want to accomplish is possible for you, then you will NOT do it.

The mind is POWERFUL. BELIEF is powerful. Self-talk can have a powerful EFFECT on the psyche, affecting actions and decisions, all which culminate to a destination. If that destination is NOT what you want to see or where you want to be, then ADJUST your THINKING so that your compass is set in the RIGHT direction.

After all, even if you tell yourself that you “can’t”, even if that small voice of doubt in your mind whispers it, you do NOT have to listen. You can CHOOSE to follow your HEART and forge AHEAD, impulsive or not, listening instead to your gut, acting on INSTINCT. THAT is how you get things done, how you achieve GREATNESS.

So go ahead. ABOLISH the word and thought “can’t” from your existence. Reach for the STARS. Pursue the LOVE that consumes you. BELIEVE in YOURSELF. CHANGE your story. MAKE life work FOR you. YOU DECIDE!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 8 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Took forever to fall asleep, sleep broken, waking early, and up for the day.

Mood: Been an interesting day...Been an interesting last FEW dayS...

Libido: Surprisingly high for my mood.

Joints: Being careful of my wrists.

Quality of Training: Run this morning was actually NOT planned - well, not what was done or when it was done anyway. Was an effort at the time, but feels as if today has just been another day "off" this week.

Body Composition: 8.3% bodyfat - 0.5% bodyfat loss from last week, which surprised me a little, given that only THREE of the last seven days has been "good" re nutrition (yes, as good as my intentions re Lyle's "diet", it did NOT happen from 3.5 days after "starting"). My eating habits have helped me add a little more muscle mass though (albeit feeling very UNcomfortable with the additional water and food weight I am holding) - in back and legs (got to get RID of some muscle in my lower body, not ADD to it!), so no more work re Back (except for in my Full-Body session) and more running (less time cycling) re cardio. Girths continue to remain pretty symmetrical...So, not a complete fail the last week, despite training not even being at MAINTENANCE and nutrition being predominantly terrible...Another week to BE AND STAY ON track (and then afterwards as well, since I NEED to concentrate on my HEALTH)...

Other Notes: Things have not settled down any since coming back from Florida. But that's ok. I'm managing. And also seeing what I need to change - what I have KNOWN I have needed to change for a while now, especially when it comes to nutrition, for my health, and having tried, but "allowing" for falling back into old habits. NO MORE though! It CHANGES! NOW! I DECIDE!

10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

Hiya Rosie
    I've decided to take some time to review some of your workouts & change my routine a bit! Ummm a lot!!! So thankful for your encouragement!! thanks!! A
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

Killer article Rosie. Why am I not surprised to discover that you were a world class athlete from early on. Pic's look stunning! You are indeed a unique creature.

T

Recoverbro
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Great article!

Truly an inspiration!
    RecoverBro ELITE
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.71%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee
    MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

YOU DECIDE!

There are many people out there ready and willing to tell you that you can't do something, whether because they don't believe in your dream or you or just don't want to see you achieve something great. Don't let YOURSELF be one of those people.

At the end of the day, YOU decide what you can AND cannot do. If you believe in yourself and your ability to do something, then you WILL do it. If you do not believe in yourself or that what you want to accomplish is possible for you, then you will NOT do it.

The mind is POWERFUL. BELIEF is powerful. Self-talk can have a powerful EFFECT on the psyche, affecting actions and decisions, all which culminate to a destination. If that destination is NOT what you want to see or where you want to be, then ADJUST your THINKING so that your compass is set in the RIGHT direction.

After all, even if you tell yourself that you "can't", even if that small voice of doubt in your mind whispers it, you do NOT have to listen. You can CHOOSE to follow your HEART and forge AHEAD, impulsive or not, listening instead to your gut, acting on INSTINCT. THAT is how you get things done, how you achieve GREATNESS.

So go ahead. ABOLISH the word and thought "can't" from your existence. Reach for the STARS. Pursue the LOVE that consumes you. BELIEVE in YOURSELF. CHANGE your story. MAKE life work FOR you. YOU DECIDE!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 4 min jogging

Stretch 20 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Took forever to fall asleep, sleep broken, waking early, and up for the day.

Mood: Been an interesting day...Been an interesting last FEW dayS...

Libido: Surprisingly high for my mood.

Joints: Being careful of my wrists.

Quality of Training: Run this morning was actually NOT planned - well, not what was done or when it was done anyway. Was an effort at the time, but feels as if today has just been another day "off" this week.

Body Composition: 8.3% bodyfat - 0.5% bodyfat loss from last week, which surprised me a little, given that only THREE of the last seven days has been "good" re nutrition (yes, as good as my intentions re Lyle's "diet", it did NOT happen from 3.5 days after "starting"). My eating habits have helped me add a little more muscle mass though (albeit feeling very UNcomfortable with the additional water and food weight I am holding) - in back and legs (got to get RID of some muscle in my lower body, not ADD to it!), so no more work re Back (except for in my Full-Body session) and more running (less time cycling) re cardio. Girths continue to remain pretty symmetrical...So, not a complete fail the last week, despite training not even being at MAINTENANCE and nutrition being predominantly terrible...Another week to BE AND STAY ON track (and then afterwards as well, since I NEED to concentrate on my HEALTH)...

Other Notes: Things have not settled down any since coming back from Florida. But that's ok. I'm managing. And also seeing what I need to change - what I have KNOWN I have needed to change for a while now, especially when it comes to nutrition, for my health, and having tried, but "allowing" for falling back into old habits. NO MORE though! It CHANGES! NOW! I DECIDE!
    Man.... I REALLY needed that motivational. Thanks.
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by amyfigs View Post
    Hiya Rosie
    I've decided to take some time to review some of your workouts & change my routine a bit! Ummm a lot!!! So thankful for your encouragement!! thanks!! A
    Hey Amy! Good job on fourth place - motivation for next time

Cool - just remember that everything I do I do SPECIFICALLY FOR ME re goals and needs (more needs than goals - since training really does not change too much based on goals, and I pretty much just recomp all the time), needs like injuries, etc. (which is why you won't find Legs' days and more often than not in recent times, no Back or Chest days either), and my physiological function (re volume and intensity of my training). After I refractured my left wrist last year, I really came into the groove as far as what worked best re training for me, especially as my body also started training, and after the multiple injuries of last December, has changed even more, and I have refined my training even more since then, truly doing the best for me for now.

Just do what is RIGHT FOR YOU!

No worries - you're welcome Trust me, I have realized just how important encouragement can be sometimes, even if you will still JUST DO IT regardless of whether you have it or not.

Killer article Rosie. Why am I not surprised to discover that you were a world class athlete from early on. Pic's look stunning! You are indeed a unique creature.

T
    Cheers, Tony I'm STILL an athlete - once an athlete; always an athlete, especially when you live the lifestyle, regardless of whether you still compete or not. Thank you - I enjoyed working with Dan and are always working on getting better! I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go - the journey is NEVER over!

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Great article!

Truly an inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoHippie View Post
    Man.... I REALLY needed that motivational. Thanks.
    You're welcome I'm glad I could help!

~Rosie~

15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

I understand that your regimen is for you, but I figured the hiit workouts will be great!!! didn't realize we were so close! Hope to meet someday!
  16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

I understand that your regimen is for you, but I figured the hiit workouts will be great!!! didn't realize we were so close! Hope to meet someday!
    HIIT is definitely great! The session I did yesterday is what I started with when I first began doing it - just that short and I did it for 2-3 months, and still do only as much even now, but just add more efforts/sprints in as needed.

Yes, we are not far apart at all right now. I am planning on being here for a while as well, so maybe we can make that happen!

Will you be going to Chicago for the NPC Junior Nationals?

~Rosie~

17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie
    Cheers, Tony I'm STILL an athlete - once an athlete; always an athlete, especially when you live the lifestyle, regardless of whether you still compete or not. Thank you - I enjoyed working with Dan and are always working on getting better! I have come a long way, but still have a long way to go - the journey is NEVER over!
    Make no mistake, I certainly have never viewed you as a former anything, as you are constantly evolving. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Recoverbro
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

Yes I'm goin to jr nats I hv a few friends competing
  19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Make no mistake, I certainly have never viewed you as a former anything, as you are constantly evolving. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
    "Constantly evolving" is right - I've changed so much in the last year (and not just physically), more than I ever imagined I ever could or would, and are someone I never thought I would be. But that's good though - I am far stronger and better for it; I know what I am capable of, finally know what I am worth and will not accept anything less, and have truly "come into my own" (particularly this year), so to speak. I like this Rosie - maybe I might even be able to love her...Thank you, Tony I always viewed weakness and flaws as just that - weakness, but I have learnt that sharing them is not so. Even to be able to share some of the things I have over the last year is a huge step for me, really showing how far I have come...

Yes I'm goin to jr nats I hv a few friends competing
    Maybe we can catch up sometime during them then, since I'll be going down for a day or both

~Rosie~

20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

"Constantly evolving" is right - I've changed so much in the last year (and not just physically), more than I ever imagined I ever could or would, and are someone I never thought I would be. But that's good though - I am far stronger and better for it; I know what I am capable of, finally know what I am worth and will not accept anything less, and have truly "come into my own" (particularly this year), so to speak. I like this Rosie - maybe I might even be able to love her...Thank you, Tony I always viewed weakness and flaws as just that - weakness, but I have learnt that sharing them is not so. Even to be able to share some of the things I have over the last year is a huge step for me, really showing how far I have come...

~Rosie~
    A good friend told me once that "A fool knows his strengths, a wise man his weaknesses." I have a pretty good grasp of both my strengths and weaknesses and some of my character defects, oh boy do they have character I also know that I have a dark side and what I need to do to keep it in check. Sounds like you are psychologically in a good place at this point in your life. Kudos!

Recoverbro
  21. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

A good friend told me once that "A fool knows his strengths, a wise man his weaknesses." I have a pretty good grasp of both my strengths and weaknesses and some of my character defects, oh boy do they have character I also know that I have a dark side and what I need to do to keep it in check. Sounds like you are psychologically in a good place at this point in your life. Kudos!
    Yes. When I was 20 I wrote out a list (that I still have, LOL) of all my positives/strengths and negatives/weaknesses - ironically, my greatest strength was ALSO my greatest weakness when turned on itself (you can see why I am so self-destructive). I believe that we all have a dark side, whether we want to believe it or not, and I am, as much as I dislike it, very much my father's daughter with this; although, unlike him I have spent a lifetime being able to keep it leashed for the most part - I have always said that if I had no morals or sense of right and wrong, well, then I REALLY would be "scary" (and not "scary" as I have been told I am - I never understood why people thought that)...I don't know if I have EVER been in a good place psychologically at any time in my life, Tony (although better than it was, if anyone saw the reality of what and where my psyche has been and is and not just what they wanted or think they see, then I think they would take several steps backwards, if not run screaming in the opposite direction!), but I AM getting there. The last few months have been very difficult on me mentally and emotionally (and physically, but that is more manageable, although no less frustrating), and it has taken a lot of pain and suffering to get me to this point, but I AM here and I am better for it. Which is the point of life - becoming BETTER than we are, striving to be the best that we can possibly be, becoming all that we are MEANT to be...

~Rosie~

22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

Yes. When I was 20 I wrote out a list (that I still have, LOL) of all my positives/strengths and negatives/weaknesses - ironically, my greatest strength was ALSO my greatest weakness when turned on itself (you can see why I am so self-destructive). I believe that we all have a dark side, whether we want to believe it or not, and I am, as much as I dislike it, very much my father's daughter with this; although, unlike him I have spent a lifetime being able to keep it leashed for the most part - I have always said that if I had no morals or sense of right and wrong, well, then I REALLY would be "scary" (and not "scary" as I have been told I am - I never understood why people thought that)...I don't know if I have EVER been in a good place psychologically at any time in my life, Tony (although better than it was, if anyone saw the reality of what and where my psyche has been and is and not just what they wanted or think they see, then I think they would take several steps backwards, if not run screaming in the opposite direction!), but I AM getting there. The last few months have been very difficult on me mentally and emotionally (and physically, but that is more manageable, although no less frustrating), and it has taken a lot of pain and suffering to get me to this point, but I AM here and I am better for it. Which is the point of life - becoming BETTER than we are, striving to be the best that we can possibly be, becoming all that we are MEANT to be...

~Rosie~
    Ok, allow me to rephrase that a bit. Sounds like you are begginning to learn to accept and love yourself some. Also, bare in mind, we often judege ourselves much more harshly than other people do. I have worked with borderlines, psychopaths and pedophiles so I doubt you could shake me. Maybe get me to say "Wow, you got some issues", but not shake me LOL.

Recoverbro
  23. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Ok, allow me to rephrase that a bit. Sounds like you are begginning to learn to accept and love yourself some. Also, bare in mind, we often judege ourselves much more harshly than other people do. I have worked with borderlines, psychopaths and pedophiles so I doubt you could shake me. Maybe get me to say "Wow, you got some issues", but not shake me LOL.
    Learning to accept, but not love. Yes, we do, although for a long time, I held others to the same standards as I hold myself, simply because I know what I've been through and done, and if I can do it, then so the hell can they! I have accepted that not everyone wants the same things or has the same standards in life though, so no longer really expect too much from others, and just expect everything from myself instead, beating myself up mentally (and sometimes physically) if I fall short of them. I might surprise you, LOL - always expect the UNexpected when it comes to me. But, I have been more "personal" the last couple of days than usual - it's still new, but ok. Besides, if people can't take the real Rosie, then they are always welcome to walk away - I won't stop them.

~Rosie~

24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

You're the only voice my heart can recognise

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

How Special You Are To Me

It hurts me to know you are hurting, to be so far away I can do nothing about it. It hurts me to know that you think yourself undeserving of love, unworthy of the one beautiful gift everyone should be blessed with. It hurts me to know something of your self-perception, because it is so far from the truth.

It hurts me watch you retreat, watch you disappear before returning, each time taking a part of my soul with you. If only that part of me could remind you of what I see, that if you were not who you are then I would not feel the way I do about you.

You are amazing. You are wonderful. You have given so much and expect nothing back. Life has kicked you down and yet you rise up every time. You fight back. You soldier on. Life has given you so many traumas, but still you are brave enough to look for the joy, trying to have fun with it.

We all make mistakes, but we also learn from them. We all have things we are ashamed of, but that does not make us any less of a person or less lovable. We all have that one person in the world, imperfect but perfect to us, beautiful and precious just the way they are.

YOU are beautiful and precious and so very SPECIAL to me. I only wish I could hold you and let you know just how much. Maybe then you would understand what I see and know and love.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    c. 14 min jogging

Stretch 16 min

Session 2

Skip x 1,000 revolutions

Shoulders/Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 6
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Rear Flyes 4 x 12, 12, 12, 10
    4. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. BB Military Press 4 x 10, 8, 8, 8
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet D -
    7. DB Clean and Press 4 x 8
    8. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10
    10. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet F -
    11. Alternate Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 8 per side
    12. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet G -
    13. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlift (on box, reaching BB down 6 inches) 4 x 10
    14. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet H -
    15. Swissball Leg Curls 4 x 10
    16. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Recline Bike 20 min @ 108-110 rpm

Session 3

Run 3 miles

Stretch 5 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Woke feeling like crap, but once I got "going", I was ok.

Mental Acuity: It's been a "thinking" day, my mind running even fastER than usual, myriad ideas and questions spinning around inside.

Mood: It has been one of the BEST mornings in a long time! I am SO looking forward to next week (it's going to be the best birthday ever - if only you were there, it would be "perfect"!) and the months ahead!

Joints: Both wrists caused issues at different points during training, so tried to be careful with them. Right anterior delt in the joint has also been sharp all day, since waking.

Pump: Strong and hard, almost from the start.

Vascularity: Stronger in left bicep than right and right forearm than left, but was great overall - call me odd, but I LIKE seeing it!

Quality of Training: HIIT was weird this morning - I had the most energy and speed that I have had in a long time, explosive from the start, but tiring quickly half-way through my sprints, tasting blood in my mouth for the first time in ages, feeling like I wanted to be sick...Resistance training was good - painful re delts and wrists, but I made sure to keep myself going, keeping the intensity high, finding it a little difficult to breathe at times (but not as bad as it has been of late), and nauseous a little as well (surprisingly)...Didn't feel like doing an evening run, but I am going to do whatever it takes now to ensure these last eight days make as much difference as possible - a little slower than usual, feeling how heavy my body was feeling, but also tightness in my left hip that had bothered me some during HIIT as well...

Other Notes: GOOD things are happening! I am so EXCITED!

25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

Learning to accept, but not love. Yes, we do, although for a long time, I held others to the same standards as I hold myself, simply because I know what I've been through and done, and if I can do it, then so the hell can they! I have accepted that not everyone wants the same things or has the same standards in life though, so no longer really expect too much from others, and just expect everything from myself instead, beating myself up mentally (and sometimes physically) if I fall short of them. I might surprise you, LOL - always expect the UNexpected when it comes to me. But, I have been more "personal" the last couple of days than usual - it's still new, but ok. Besides, if people can't take the real Rosie, then they are always welcome to walk away - I won't stop them.

~Rosie~
    True self love is not egocentric, it is about making good choices and self respect. Sounds like you have a monster that you feel compelled to feed but is never satiated. Done some of those battles myself. However, this is not the venue for me to keep poking at that nor would it be appropriate for me to continue to explore these issues. Surprise me? Quite possibly. Shock me? I highly doubt that . Deep and dark things are the nature of my business.

Recoverbro
  26. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

True self love is not egocentric, it is about making good choices and self respect. Sounds like you have a monster that you feel compelled to feed but is never satiated. Done some of those battles myself. However, this is not the venue for me to keep poking at that nor would it be appropriate for me to continue to explore these issues. Surprise me? Quite possibly. Shock me? I highly doubt that . Deep and dark things are the nature of my business.
    I am aware that it is not egocentric - never said it was, and if you got the impression that I thought thus, I never intended it. I am far from egocentric, but my definition of "loving oneself" is not just about the aspects you mentioned, but about far more, and that is something that to me is still a long-way off...I don't know, truly. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me, but this has been me for as long as I have known, and it has gotten me this far, so some part of it must be instinct or survival or something...Anyways, enough of the psychoanalyzing...

~Rosie~

27. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

I am aware that it is not egocentric - never said it was, and if you got the impression that I thought thus, I never intended it. I am far from egocentric, but my definition of "loving oneself" is not just about the aspects you mentioned, but about far more, and that is something that to me is still a long-way off...I don't know, truly. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me, but this has been me for as long as I have known, and it has gotten me this far, so some part of it must be instinct or survival or something...Anyways, enough of the psychoanalyzing...

~Rosie~
    Nope, did not mean to imply you did view it that way, just that many people do. Sorry if it seemed patronizing, I have nothing but respect for you and I hope that is obvious. Think I will just leave things at that.

T

Recoverbro
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

you have to love yourself to love others, like the analogy of a cup being filled with wine until the cup runs over, then you have more then enough

I heard that off Brian Tracey s "Psychology of achievement"
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  29. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Nope, did not mean to imply you did view it that way, just that many people do. Sorry if it seemed patronizing, I have nothing but respect for you and I hope that is obvious. Think I will just leave things at that.

T
    No worries, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    you have to love yourself to love others, like the analogy of a cup being filled with wine until the cup runs over, then you have more then enough

I heard that off Brian Tracey s "Psychology of achievement"
    I believe that you can love another if you do not love yourself, but [possibly] that you can never truly accept or believe in anyone else's love for you if you do not love yourself. Every individual knows themselves and their capabilities, what they do and don't, and this is topic there is no right or wrong "answer" on, IMO.

~Rosie~

30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%

No worries, Tony

I believe that you can love another if you do not love yourself, but [possibly] that you can never truly accept or believe in anyone else's love for you if you do not love yourself. Every individual knows themselves and their capabilities, what they do and don't, and this is topic there is no right or wrong "answer" on, IMO.

~Rosie~
    I love everybody but me and currently my upstairs neighbors who totally suck as human beings. Actually I love people yet hate the way many behave so selfish and only concerned for themselves. Perhaps that is why I steer clear of "Self Love" as I associate it with selfishness, and the whole "its all about me" Attitude. If we looked after each other more often we'd have to look after ourselves less, because there would be a hundred people that all have our back. You know I got yours Rosie
    E-PHARM Nutrition Representative
    Better one ugly truth than a million pretty lies
    Check Out Ur-Spray and D-Serine at Prototype Nutrition

31. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by truthornothin View Post
    I love everybody but me and currently my upstairs neighbors who totally suck as human beings. Actually I love people yet hate the way many behave so selfish and only concerned for themselves. Perhaps that is why I steer clear of "Self Love" as I associate it with selfishness, and the whole "its all about me" Attitude. If we looked after each other more often we'd have to look after ourselves less, because there would be a hundred people that all have our back. You know I got yours Rosie
    Self-love and loving oneself are terms that I believe can be likened to the words workout and train - often mistaken for the same thing, but completely different (not the best analogy, but you get the idea).

Unfortunately the majority of the world is like that, David, because they just allow themselves to give into the base of their human nature and care little for anything else, IMO. But, there ARE people out there who actually care about others besides themselves, and some who do more for others than they ever do for themselves and need to start LOOKING AFTER THEM!

I know what you mean. Thank you and vice versa - after all, that's what true friends do.

I hope your day goes better today!

~Rosie~

32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Man what a bunch of psycho babble in here...

Balance schmallance! Nobody needs balance I prefer to be giddily dizzy myself.

I love myself because I am awesome. I have tons of problems, set backs, drawbacks and annoying traits. I often let myself down and grow frustrated with myself. However I love myself. I am definitely not satisfied with myself. Yet, I have come to recognize that who I am as a person is pretty damn awesome. I help others, stay honest, work hard toward my goals. When I fall of the horse I get back on again, I may have to walk it off first, or choose another horse but I keep trying to ride. I bring others joy and share my knowledge and experience willingly. So I love myself because I am awesome, not for what I achieved, but who I am, and what I have to offer.

Rosie, I may be wrong, however sometimes I get the impression you view loving yourself as being satisfied with yourself. Those are completely different things in my opinion. However the perception is the reality in matters of the heart. Think of the love you have for others. Do they meet up to all of the same standards or integrity that you hold yourself too? No... I am sure most do not. Do they have traits about them that drive you nuts, or are just plain bad for them? I am pretty sure many of them do. However you still love these people with all of the same imperfections you hold against yourself. Give yourself a little unconditional love, good relationships need both kind of love, unconditional love and tough love. You are pretty heavy handed when it comes to giving yourself tough love. Don't forget to also give yourself the same unconditional love, unconditional love brings stability and security in who you are. The best person in the world to get it from is actually yourself.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  33. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Man what a bunch of psycho babble in here...

Balance schmallance! Nobody needs balance I prefer to be giddily dizzy myself.

I love myself because I am awesome. I have tons of problems, set backs, drawbacks and annoying traits. I often let myself down and grow frustrated with myself. However I love myself. I am definitely not satisfied with myself. Yet, I have come to recognize that who I am as a person is pretty damn awesome. I help others, stay honest, work hard toward my goals. When I fall of the horse I get back on again, I may have to walk it off first, or choose another horse but I keep trying to ride. I bring others joy and share my knowledge and experience willingly. So I love myself because I am awesome, not for what I achieved, but who I am, and what I have to offer.

Rosie, I may be wrong, however sometimes I get the impression you view loving yourself as being satisfied with yourself. Those are completely different things in my opinion. However the perception is the reality in matters of the heart. Think of the love you have for others. Do they meet up to all of the same standards or integrity that you hold yourself too? No... I am sure most do not. Do they have traits about them that drive you nuts, or are just plain bad for them? I am pretty sure many of them do. However you still love these people with all of the same imperfections you hold against yourself. Give yourself a little unconditional love, good relationships need both kind of love, unconditional love and tough love. You are pretty heavy handed when it comes to giving yourself tough love. Don't forget to also give yourself the same unconditional love, unconditional love brings stability and security in who you are. The best person in the world to get it from is actually yourself.
    We know you're awesome, Chris

I seem to give many people the wrong impression (sigh). No, I don't see loving myself as being satisfied with myself - it is far MORE than that. As for everything else, I don't love easily, Chris, and it is not a word I use lightly, reserved for a rare and precious few, but when done, done completely and unconditionally without reserve. No one is perfect and yes, I have loved and love imperfect people, but I cannot do the same for myself. I understand and accept who and what I am, but I do not love me. Not yet anyway. Maybe one day...Until then, I think we have lingered a little too long on this topic, so, moving on...

~Rosie~

34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.9%

Let me hit this dead horse one more time.

I think you are awesome, impressive and also kinda groovy... Now back to the regularly schedule programming of "How the heck does she do that???"
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/256911-kleen-cuts-back.html
  35. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

I'll make a wish send it to heaven

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

Superseding Heights

Once you reach one height, achieve one goal, manifest one dream, it’s NOT the end. Your journey is FAR from over.

Life is all about BUILDING on what we have accomplished, becoming BETTER every day, EVOLVING perpetually until we are the BEST that we can possibly be, the ULTIMATE version of ourselves, what we were always MEANT to be. It is a NEVER-ENDING process, because we will never completely be the “ultimate” version, but we CAN achieve satisfaction in a life well lived, fully and COMPLETELY.

Once you reach one height, set your sights on an even HIGHER peak, a greater goal, a new dream. Then APPLY all the DESIRE and DEDICATION that you have within you to REACHING it.

And when you reach it, REPEAT the process and KEEP repeating it, for life is about constantly moving FORWARD. That is how GREATNESS BECOMES.

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

Skip x 600 revolutions

Arms (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet A -
    1. Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls 4 x 6
    2. Dips 4 x 6
    3. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet B -
    4. Incline Alternate DB Bicep Curls 4 x 8 per side
    5. Rope Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 8
    6. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    TriSet C -
    7. DB Zottoman Curls 4 x 8
    8. DB Hammer Curls 4 x 8
    9. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    a. Recline Bike 5 min @ 113-117 rpm
    b. Recline Bike 15 min @ 108-112 rpm

Session 2

Skip x 1,000 revolutions

Abs (30 sec recovery between trisets):
    TriSet -
    1. Weighted DB Crunch (on floor, knees at 90 degrees) 4 x 15
    2. Reverse Curl (on floor) 4 x 15
    3. Pikes (on floor) 4 x 15

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Run 3 miles

Stretch 25 min

OTHER NOTES

Sleep: Fell asleep late, but body woke after ~4.5 hours sleep and I was ok.

Mental Acuity: More thinking today.

Joints: Wrists were so painful during training I almost wanted to drop the weights down at times. Left hip niggly as well.

Pump: HARD AND PAINFUL, especially in left bicep.

Vascularity: Close to the strongest I have seen it yet.

Quality of Training: Had to make resistance training this morning a shorter session - and shorter it was at only 30 minutes; haven't done weights that short in a LONG time. Strength was down a lot, especially for TriSet A - wrists both very weak during Close-Grip BB Bicep Curls and aching after Dips. Looked exhausted by the end of the session and expression was not too nice either.

Nutrition: Last Wednesday night I made some chocolate peanut butter balls and have proceeded to eat them daily for the last six days (along with other things I should NOT have). So, there goes the "diet". But, as "luck" would have it, I DID lose bodyfat and gain a little muscle mass over that time, so it "evened out" some, but it's cutting it a little close, especially since this shoot next week means a lot to me. Time to STOP MY SELF-DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOUR - there is no BETTER TIME THAN NOW!

Other Notes: I keep being SURPRISED. It's a nice feeling. God is really MOVING in my life right now.

36. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

I think you are awesome, impressive and also kinda groovy... Now back to the regularly schedule programming of "How the heck does she do that???"
    LOL

Thank you, Chris.

NOTHING is IMpossible, remember

~Rosie~

37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  258 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.4%

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73

Mr. K, down & dirty to the point! Love it.

Recoverbro
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.1%

well said
    LG Sciences sponsored athlete
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative
  39. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Mr. K, down & dirty to the point! Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    well said
    You guys are all just so sweet what would I do without you

~Rosie~

40. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

If you had a choice then what would you choose to do?

MOTIVATIONAL OF THE DAY

I am what I CHOOSE to BECOME

We all have a past. For many of us that past is something we don’t like to look back on often, causing pain when we do. However, that past has played a role in who and where you are TODAY. It has given you experiences. It has given you happiness, love, heartache, loss, fear, strength, determination, dreams, passion. Even in the most terrible and tough of times, it has blessed you in coming OUT of it.

Some of us choose to “live” in the past, allowing it to “dictate” how we act and what we become. But you are NOT what happened to you. You are NOT your circumstances. You are NOT a victim. You are a SURVIVOR of experience. And you have a CHOICE in what you become!

YOU choose what you HOLD onto from your past. YOU choose what you allow to AFFECT you. YOU choose what aspects of yourself you will NOURISH and what you will let wither. YOU choose what kind of food to FEED your soul. YOU choose what creates the FOUNDATION of your values. YOU choose what to DO on a daily basis. YOU choose whether or not to be BRAVE and face your fears. YOU choose what DREAMS to pursue, how, and when. YOU choose the people you want to STAY in your life. YOU choose your HOME. YOU choose your THOUGHTS. YOU choose where to place your HEART. YOU choose whether you will look at something positively OR negatively. YOU choose whether or not you will GROW. YOU choose whether or not to become BETTER.

It’s all YOU. YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU BECOME! So if you don’t like who you are or what you are becoming, CHANGE it. YOU choose what you will give POWER to. TAKE OWNERSHIP OF YOUR CHOICES TODAY!

Quote for Reflection:

TRAINING

Session 1

HIIT Run:
    a. 4 min jogging
    b. 28 x 20 sec sprint/10 sec easy
    c. 4 min jogging

Skip x 600 revolutions

Shoulders (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    SuperSet A -
    1. Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10 per side
    2. Skip 4 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet B -
    3. Single-Arm DB Cleans 3 x 10 per side
    4. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet C -
    5. Standing Arnold/Shoulder Press 1 x 10
    6. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet D -
    7. Incline DB Rear Raises 3 x 10
    8. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    SuperSet E -
    9. Bent Over DB Rear Raises 1 x 10
    10. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Session 2

Skip x 1,000 revolutions

Hamstrings (30 sec recovery between supersets):
    Superset -
    1. Stiff-Legged BB Deadlifts (BB to touch ground) 3 x 10
    2. Skip 3 x 100 revolutions
    Superset B -
    3. Single-Leg Deadlifts 1 x 10 per side
    4. Skip 1 x 100 revolutions

Post-Weights Cardio:
    Run 3 miles

Stretch 25 min

Energy: Starting to fail a little in the gym, especially after the Single-Arm DB Cleans (my legs are going to feel those tomorrow!), but getting better as the day went on (until Training Session 2).

Joints: Wrists were still painful during training and I actually strapped my left one up after the first set of Single-Arm DB Lateral Raises. Delts giving a little issue at times. Left hip still niggly. And right arch (although not a "joint" issue) was so painful after the Single-Arm DB Cleans, I was favouring it during all skipping thereafter.

OTHER NOTES

SHUTUPANDTRAIN Interview

May is definitely keeping me busy (which is good), and I was once again honoured with an interview, this time for SHUTUPANDTRAIN.

Check it out: Rosie Chee, Lifetime Natural Athlete and Personal Trainer talks with SHUTUPANDTRAIN.COM

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 623
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 02:57 AM
  2. The Female Terminator Chronicles: REVOLUTION (2010)
    By Rosie Chee in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 08:30 PM
  3. The Female Terminator Chronicles
    By Rosie Chee in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1034
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
  4. Replies: 493
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:06 PM
  5. New Terminator -sarah Conner Chronicles
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12