AI's DAA Log

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
AI helped me to get back on my feet after having knee surgery.

My knee is doing better now, though not fully healed, I am well on my way to a full recovery. The holidays really set me back in terms of my goals and progress, so now it's time to get back serious. Here are my current stats:

Height - 5'11
Weight - 237
Body Fat - Upper 20's (guess)

Maxes:
Bench - 335
Shoulder Press - 225
Leg Press - 12x270 (Can't do 1 rep maxes cuz of my knee, and still starting off light)
Mixed Grip Pull Ups - 14
Incline - Haven't maxed

My Goals:
1. Drop down to 225 or lower
2. Lower body fat to under 20
3. Increase strength

Supplements:
Orange Triad
AI's DAA

I will be working out 4-5 times a week twice a day. 1 workout will be weights and the other will be a light cardio session (mostly walking on treadmill). Hopefully with some motivation and the help from DAA, I will be able to reach my goals. Let's get it!

Here are my first progress pictures:
Photo on 2012-01-28 at 10.44.jpg

Photo on 2012-01-28 at 10.45.jpg

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Monday - Legs

Leg Press
20x180
15x270
12x320

SS with Calf Press
50x180
50x270
50x320

Seated Leg Curls
3x10 – 100

DB Lunges
3x10 – 25

BB SLD
3x10 – 95

Cardio
30 minutes incline walking on treadmill

Thoughts:
Tough workout, considering I’m trying to get the muscle back in my right leg. Legs feel worn out, but feel good. Had a few cheat meals this weekend, but I’m back to eating right now.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
get to work!!! let's see how AI's DAA treats you.

how old are you?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
get to work!!! let's see how AI's DAA treats you.

how old are you?
27. Have used other AI products, but this will be my first run with DAA.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just added DAA into my AI TestoPro log. I am running TestoPro for 90 days, just started bottle #3 so 61 days in and gaining strength every week. We'll see if DAA can help with more gains and growth.

Check out my log when you get a chance.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to see you achieve your results. Like I said this will help while your hard dieting to keep testosterone levels up as they drop with hard dieting. In addition i am convinced out daa is pure because a logger got bloodwork a month into his daa and testopro cycle and his total and free both went up

They wont do much if your on the high end and do if your in the moderate or lower ranges

whats your nutrition calorie breakdown look like, do you count calories?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
In to see you achieve your results. Like I said this will help while your hard dieting to keep testosterone levels up as they drop with hard dieting. In addition i am convinced out daa is pure because a logger got bloodwork a month into his daa and testopro cycle and his total and free both went up

They wont do much if your on the high end and do if your in the moderate or lower ranges

whats your nutrition calorie breakdown look like, do you count calories?
John,

I'm eating about 2200 calories (110 C/98F/220P)

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
TUESDAY - Chest & Tri's

Bench Press
10x165
8x195
5x215
5x245
5x275 <<==Needed a spot on last 2

DB Decline Press
10x65
10x70
10x70

Cable Cross Overs
3x10 – 12/30

SS with Push Ups
10, 7, 10

OH Tricep Press
3x10 – 90

DB Kickbacks
3x10 – 25

Thoughts:
Man, we flew through this workout without much rest in-between sets. Felt great and now I felt worn out. Chest felt good, was a little disappointed that I couldn’t get the 5x275 on my own, but it’s not a bad start.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dont worry about the 275x5 bench, it is good to have goals so now you have something to accomplish next workout.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
I saw that in your other log. Seems a bit low however I could be wrong and we all have different metabolisms.
Technically its a little low. But I haven't been doing as much cardio lately and also I go over on the weekends. A while back I was using 2500, but I lowered it some to see more progress which I did so I kept it. As I up more cardio and do it more consistently, I will probably reconfigure the number.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Wednesday - Back & Bi's

Wednesday - Back & Bi's
6am Cardio
30 minutes on treadmill & Abs after

Afternoon Workout

Wide-Grip Pulldown Behind The Neck
10x75
10x90
10x120

Reverse Close Grip Pulldown
10x120
10x135
10x150

EZ Bar Curls
3x10 – 75

SS with Straight Bar Bent Rows
3x10 – 100

Machine Reverse Flies
10x100
10x110
10x110

SS with DB Hammer Curls
3x10 – 32.5

Seated Cable Row
3x10 – 165

SS with Hanging Leg Raises
3x12

Seated Face Pulls
3x10 – 75

Thoughts:
Best workout I’ve had in a long time… It’s been a while since I had somebody to workout with, but another guy at work did it with me and we pushed each other. I did some new lifts that I’ve never done, so some of the weights were being experimented with. Next time I will do some heavier (like Reverse close grip pulldowns… which I loved). It was a good day of working out.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Thursday - Shoulders

6 am Cardio
20 minutes on treadmill

Afternoon Weights

Bradford/Rocky Press
10x95
9x95
6x95

DB Shrugs
3x12 – 95

SS with DB Arnold Press
3x8 – 50

Russians
3x10 – 22.5

Machine Shoulder Sled
10x60
10x80
10x100

Standing Low Pulley Deltoid Raise
3x10 – 40

Front Cable Raise
3x10 – 30

Thoughts:
Felt terrible today. Started from this morning when I quit after 20 minutes of cardio. This afternoon, I did some new lifts that I’ve never done for my shoulders. The lifts were a lot harder than I thought, and I was disappointed in my own effort honestly. I didn’t have a partner today and I really wasn’t motivated to push myself.

However, I did end up really liking the Bradford/Rocky Presses and Arnold Presses, as well as the Machine Shoulder sled. It was the first time I did any of those and really felt like I worked my shoulders. It’s just frustrating I guess because my shoulders feel so weak and I feel like I burn out doing them extremely fast (no endurance). Oh well, all in all, it’s been one good week of working out and I still have tomorrow.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Friday - Cardio & Legs

6 am Cardio
20 minutes on treadmill

Leg Press
3x10 – 270

SS with Calf Presses
3x50 – 270

Seated Leg Curls
3x10 – 100

SS Leg Extension 10-sec Pauses (for bad knee)
3x10 – 10

Thoughts:
Well, woke up this morning and weighed in at 235.4… That gave me some motivation that it’s working and I’m on the right track! I decided to cut my treadmill cardio short today because I wanted to do a little leg work for my rehab. Felt good today. Now hopefully I can eat clean through the weekend… I might try and get 1 more workout in Saturday, but it will be tough with my schedule.

Been a good week and I’m almost at my pre-surgery weight of 233.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
20 mins cardio is fine. You can always up it from there. I like how you separate cardio from weights, that is the best way to do it , in my opinion.

keep up the good work, new workouts and exercises take time to build strength up and do shock the body causing new stimulation

btw what is your name?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
20 mins cardio is fine. You can always up it from there. I like how you separate cardio from weights, that is the best way to do it , in my opinion.

keep up the good work, new workouts and exercises take time to build strength up and do shock the body causing new stimulation

btw what is your name?

Thanks. It's always good to start seeing the results, good motivation. Name is Ryan.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Monday - Chest & Tri's

6am Cardio
35 minutes on treadmill

Afternoon Weights

Bench Press
10x165
8x195
3x235
3x265
3x295<<<=== Needed a spot on 3rd lift

Decline Press
10x185
10x225
6x235

Cable Crossovers
3x10 – 13/32.5

SS with Push Ups

Dips

Thoughts:
Struggled with getting up this morning to go do my cardio, but I dragged my butt out of bed since I ate bad this weekend (Superbowl). But, I felt really good today for both workouts, especially the chest and tris. Though I’m needing a spot for my last sets on my bench, I feel ok since I’m going heavier and I feel like my endurance is getting better.

Is it the DAA??? I hope so and I hope it will continue to get better. Time will tell… but so far, I’m dropping weight, looking better in the mirror, and slowly getting stronger. I really like it so far, except I hate the way it mixes. IT MIXES TERRIBLE… But I can get past that.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
T-bar Row
10x105
10x140
10x175

Reverse Close Grip Pulldown
10x135
10x150
10x165

SS with Cable Curls
3x10 – 120

EZ Bar Curls
3x10 – 70

SS with Straight Bar Bent Rows
3x10 – 100

DB 1 Arm Rows
3x10 – 70

DB Hammer Curls Drop Set
10x35
10x30
6x25

Thoughts:
Tried to get up this morning for cardio but felt exhausted so I slept in. This afternoon’s workout was nice. Felt good and felt like I was really working hard. I think Reverse Close Grip Pull downs may be one of my favorite lifts now. I’m loving it.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
6 am Cardio
20 minutes on treadmill

Afternoon Weights

Seated Shoulder Press (Smith Machine)
10x115
8x135
3x155
3x175
3x195

Shoulder Shrugs (Smith Machine)
20x225
20x275
20x295

DB Shoulder Press, DB Front Raises & DB Lateral Raises Tri-Set
Shoulder Press: 3x10 – 50
Front Raises: 3x10 – 20
Lateral Raises: 3x10 – 20

Machine Shoulder Sled
10x120
10x130
10x140

Cable Face Pulls
10x120
10x130
10x140

SS with Cable Upright Rows
10x120
10x130
10x140

Thoughts:
No workout partner today, but I had a great workout… Weird because shoulder days I’m usually sluggish and don’t push myself. Today I tried to push myself and worked hard. I liked the Tri-set… It was different and challenging. I didn’t like adding the Face pulls and upright rows at the end. I won’t do that again.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Bench Press
10x165
8x195
3x235
3x265
3x295

Bench Press Negatives
6x365

Cable Crossover Drop Sets
3x10 – 32.5, 30, 27.5

SS with Push Ups
15, 11, 9

Thoughts:
No cardio this morning, but walked about 3 miles after work yesterday. Felt ok, a little slugglish and tired, but overall pretty good. Nice workout, a lot of volume for chest. Felt really good on Bench. Hopefully, I’ll keep to the diet this weekend and eat clean.

Hope everybody has a good weekend.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you have plans for this weekend or do you just find it harder to keep a clean diet over the weekend? I have off Fridays and Saturdays, so I have to skip a lot of the Saturday night events and Sunday get togethers. It helps a little in regards to keeping a cleaner diet on my days off. :D

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Do you have plans for this weekend or do you just find it harder to keep a clean diet over the weekend? I have off Fridays and Saturdays, so I have to skip a lot of the Saturday night events and Sunday get togethers. It helps a little in regards to keeping a cleaner diet on my days off. :D
No big events, just find it harder to keep clean because I'm not on a "set eating schedule" like I am during the week at work. Plus, I'm with my preggo wife, so sometimes I'll eat whatever she's eating. It's more like bad snacking, etc.

But I'm trying to keep it cleaner this weekend and not as bad.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh man. I feel you on the wife's eating habits situation. My wife isn't pregnant (yet ;) ) but she's really skinny despite her awful eating habits. She's always bringing home chips, brownies, cookies, fast food, pizza, icecream etc. I can't eat that sort of stuff, but she seems to live off of it, lol.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Oh man. I feel you on the wife's eating habits situation. My wife isn't pregnant (yet ;) ) but she's really skinny despite her awful eating habits. She's always bringing home chips, brownies, cookies, fast food, pizza, icecream etc. I can't eat that sort of stuff, but she seems to live off of it, lol.
Man I know. Hard to eat well when I come home and smell brownies and cupcakes!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sub

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Hey everybody. I haven't been to the gym since last Friday... I've been too busy... with my wife giving birth to my 1st baby girl this weekend!!!!!

It's been so crazy and awesome! We're finally back home and trying to get things settled in. Hopefully I will get a chance to workout sometime this week, and start eating right again! But honestly, it's the last of my concerns right now! Loving God and loving life!!!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats!!!!! :cheers:Yes, your new baby is #1 priority along with your wife. You will get time soon enough, but enjoy these days now, first days are important for the bonding.

:birthday:

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Congrats!!!!! :cheers:Yes, your new baby is #1 priority along with your wife. You will get time soon enough, but enjoy these days now, first days are important for the bonding.

:birthday:

Thanks a lot man!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everybody. I haven't been to the gym since last Friday... I've been too busy... with my wife giving birth to my 1st baby girl this weekend!!!!!

It's been so crazy and awesome! We're finally back home and trying to get things settled in. Hopefully I will get a chance to workout sometime this week, and start eating right again! But honestly, it's the last of my concerns right now! Loving God and loving life!!!
Congratulations.

can you see yourself in him or your wife or a combination of both of you?

its funny how my brother and sister have some similaries and are yet different in their own way. genetics are interesting to myself

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
My bad, I'm just now seeing this post. Thanks man, I see a lot of me and her actually. We all looked at our baby pictures and scary she looks like both of us. It's so awesome!

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Bench Press
10x165
8x195
5x215
5x245
2x275

Hammer Strength Bench Press
3x5 - 180

Cable Crossover Drop Sets
3x10 – 14/30

SS with Push Ups
12, 9, 7

OH Tricep Press
3x10 - 90

Cable Tricep Pushdown burnout
10,8,6,4,2,1,2,4,6,8,10 - (110 - 160)

Cardio
15 minutes Stair Climber

Thoughts:
Well had to get back on it after being a week off. Didn't feel great today, but still better than doing nothing. Being off and at home has hurt the diet, so I haven't been eating well. But still, considering what's going on, I'm not really concerned about it!!!!

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Bench Press
10x165
8x195
5x215
5x245
4x275 <<<=With spot for last 2

DB Decline
10x65
10x70
7x70

Cable Cross Overs
3x10 – 14/35

SS with Push Ups
8, 7, 9

Dips
12, 12, 10

Cable Tricep Pushdown Dropset
40x140
12x130
10x120
10x110
10x100

Thoughts:
Well, I know this log has been nonexistent these last two weeks, but I’m back to work which means but to a “more” normal schedule. Diet was bad and no working out since the baby, but now it’s back to getting in shape and back to my diet. Looking forward to a week of hard work and soreness!!!

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
have you been taking Daa the whole time ?
No I stopped taking it because the diet was not right and I wasn't working out. Started taking again today.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No big events, just find it harder to keep clean because I'm not on a "set eating schedule" like I am during the week at work. Plus, I'm with my preggo wife, so sometimes I'll eat whatever she's eating. It's more like bad snacking, etc.

But I'm trying to keep it cleaner this weekend and not as bad.
I am the same way on winter break and summer break, I dont have a set schedule so my eating habits SUCK. I'm gonna try to get things stabilized this summer so I can train and gain!

We are the opposite: I can eat whatever, and I do so that's why I am not ripped and lean. But my tria training allows me to eat whatever I want.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Hammer Strength Iso Lateral High Row
10x140
10x160
10x180

Hammer Strength Iso Front Pull Down
10x140
10x160
10x180

Hammer Strength Lateral Row
3x10 – 270

EZ Bar Curls – 21’s
3x21 – 55

SS with Bent Row
3x10 – 100

Hammer Curl Drop Set
6x40
4x35
4x30
4x25
6x20

Thoughts:
Another good workout. Slowly getting back into the grove of things… Arms were dead after the 21’s and the drop set! Not as sore as I thought I was going to be from yesterday, but still a little soreness there. Overall feel good. I will do some leg work tonight for my knee therapy and tomorrow is Shoulder Day. Let’s get it!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What time of day have you been working out? Noonish? Is this last update today's workout?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
What time of day have you been working out? Noonish? Is this last update today's workout?
I work out usually around 11 (on my lunch break at work). My workouts are fast, usually only 40 minutes because of time restrictions. Because of my schedule, it's really the only time I can workout. I was doing 2 a days and doing my cardio in the morning, but that's kind of hard right now with the newborn. That last workout (Back & Bi's) was yesterdays workout.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Wednesday - Shoulders

Smith Machine Shrugs
20x225
20x225
15x275
10x315

Smith Machine Shoulder Press
10x115
8x135
5x155
5x165
5x185

Tri-Set: DB Shoulder Press, Russians & Front Raises
DB Shoulder Press: 3x10 – 52.5
Russians: 3x10 – 25
Front Raises: 3x10 – 25

Machine Sled Shoulder Press
10x110
10x120
10x130

Thoughts:
Killed the shoulders today! That Tri Set is a monster. Felt great, except now my entire upper body is sore! I love it though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congratulations! Is this your first child? We don't have any kids, yet.

That's a lot of dedication to workout on your lunch break. Do you have a gym where you work or is just close to work?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Congratulations! Is this your first child? We don't have any kids, yet.

That's a lot of dedication to workout on your lunch break. Do you have a gym where you work or is just close to work?
Thanks. Yes, this is our first child, a girl!!! There is a gym about 5 minutes away from where I work.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm terrified that I'm going to have multiple girls. Karma is scary, lol. :toofunny:

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Haha, well everybody told me that having a girl would change me and I would already agree with that! I just continue to pray for her and me!!!

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Thursday - Legs

Leg Press
20x180
15x270
10x360

SS with Calf Press
50x180
50x270
50x360

Leg Curls
10x100
10x110
10x120

DB Step Ups
3x20 – 30

Wall Sits
10x 30 seconds

Thoughts:
Tough day. Legs are going to be sore, plus my knee feels a bit sore. It felt good during the workout though, and that’s what was important to me. I will just ice it well and stretch when I get home.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Weigh In

Weighed in at 237.2 this morning. Even though it is up from the last weigh in, I am happy about it. I factored in the 2 weeks off after the birth of my daughter.... and during those 2 weeks I didn't exercise at all and was eating EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

237.2 was good and good motivation because I'm trying to get it now! Feeling good, soreness is almost all gone from the initial week back.

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Bench Press
10x155
8x185
10x225

Bench Press Pauses
3x8 – 155

SS with Regular Grip Pull Ups
3x6

DB OH Tricep Press
3x10 – 95

SS with DB Hammer Curls
3x10 – 35

Rocky Bradford Press
2x10 – 80

SS with EZ bar Curls
2x10 – 60

Thoughts:
Good workout. Just did a semi-quick upper body, really more to help loosen all the soreness up more than anything. Looking forward to the weekend!

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Monday - Chest & Tri's

Bench Press
10x165
8x195
3x235
3x265
3x295

DB Incline Press
10x60
10x70
10x80

Peck Deck
10x190
9x200
7x210

Dips
15, 16, 12, 10

Thoughts:
My chest felt really good today. Felt like I did well on Bench and did real well on DB Incline (which I usually suck at). Had a pretty decent pump in my chest and tris after the workout. Diet was bad over the weekend, but not terrible. Back to it this week and hoping to drop down another 2 lbs or so.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ryan, keep up the nice work.

were you with your wife when your son was being born?

Rjeezie

Rjeezie

Awards
Ryan, keep up the nice work.

were you with your wife when your son was being born?
Thanks man. Yes I was with her, but we had a daughter. It was such an awesome/crazy experience.... crazy because she had to have an emergency C-section (long story). But she and our baby are doing great now. Prayer works!