Lowering SHBG without Ai's

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just got some bloods back and saw I've got low vitamin D and high SHGB (70) and free test is nothing to brag about at 230 pmol/L.

I'm off cycle and will stay that way for the duration of the year probably.

Does anybody know if D deficiency really elevates shbg that much?

What do you recommend for lowering shbg, besides D off course ...? I'll order some arimistane, but will take small dose of that, as my e2 isn't at point where I can afford to lower it even by the small amount that arimistane lowers it. So I need supps that don't affect E2 which do lower shbg.

Appreciate any input!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just got some bloods back and saw I've got low vitamin D and high SHGB (70) and free test is nothing to brag about at 230 pmol/L.

What do you recommend for lowering shbg, besides D off course ...? I'll order some arimistane, but will take small dose of that, as my e2 isn't at point where I can afford to lower it even by the small amount that arimistane lowers it. So I need supps that don't affect E2 which do lower shbg.

Appreciate any input!
Boron and eurycoma extract are said to lower SHBG and raise free test. I think BLR is going to have a nice sale soon with the release of AndroGin, so maybe you could pick up some Viron.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Boron and eurycoma extract are said to lower SHBG and raise free test. I think BLR is going to have a nice sale soon with the release of AndroGin, so maybe you could pick up some Viron.
Tnx.
I'm in eu, so going to be ordering from bodyshock.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Tnx.
I'm in eu, so going to be ordering from bodyshock.
Brundel might be trying to allow for overseas shipping on this sale. That said, the new website that is being built will have overseas shipping.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Urtica dioica (stinging nettle extract) reduces SHBG

One rat study noted increases in serum testosterone associated with Stinging Nettle, but all experimental groups also had testosterone supplementation.[6] Stinging Nettle was found to further elevate circulating testosterone levels, however, through a5-reductase inhibition.[6] However, Stinging Nettle root also possesses aromatase inhibitors which may contribute to this effect.[9]

Also, lignans from Stinging Nettle may interfere with Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and prevent it from associated with androgens and estrogens. A 10% hydroalcoholic extract can decrease binding of DHT to SHBG by up to 67%, and slightly lesser effects are seen with aqueous extracts.[20][21] The inhibition appears to be dose dependent in vitro.[

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Boron n shilajit. Obv supplement 10000iu with fatty meals

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lawl look at this blend. It's like a fruit salad of everything they found on the market. Does anybody have any experience with this brand/product?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Urtica dioica (stinging nettle extract) reduces SHBG

"Stinging Nettle can plausibly increase testosterone, but the one rat study conducted was not geared to answer this question and the human study came back negative. At this moment in time, there is no good evidence to suggest Stinging Nettle can increase testosterone levels"

Hm ... But in the same "sentence" the page says:

"Also, lignans from Stinging Nettle may interfere with Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and prevent it from associated with androgens and estrogens. A 10% hydroalcoholic extract can decrease binding of DHT to SHBG by up to 67%, and slightly lesser effects are seen with aqueous extracts.[20][21] The inhibition appears to be dose dependent in vitro.[22] Isolated lignans retain this potency, inhibiting and even displacing DHT from SHGB by 60%(Secoisolariciresinol), 73%(enterofuran) and 95%((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran).[5]"

If it free's up dht then free test levels should raise as dht it self lowers shbg. Idk ...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
divinil most definitely works for me! I really highly recommend IForces Testabolan II its got a high grade extract and includes ALC love it ! gotta give this stuff a good month or two for the effects are noticeable.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
"Stinging Nettle can plausibly increase testosterone, but the one rat study conducted was not geared to answer this question and the human study came back negative. At this moment in time, there is no good evidence to suggest Stinging Nettle can increase testosterone levels"

Hm ... But in the same "sentence" the page says:

"Also, lignans from Stinging Nettle may interfere with Sex-Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and prevent it from associated with androgens and estrogens. A 10% hydroalcoholic extract can decrease binding of DHT to SHBG by up to 67%, and slightly lesser effects are seen with aqueous extracts.[20][21] The inhibition appears to be dose dependent in vitro.[22] Isolated lignans retain this potency, inhibiting and even displacing DHT from SHGB by 60%(Secoisolariciresinol), 73%(enterofuran) and 95%((-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran).[5]"

If it free's up dht then free test levels should raise as dht it self lowers shbg. Idk ...
I remember hearing/reading stinging nettle to decrease dht. That is the mechanism behind the claimed prostate protection of the stinging nettle I think.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Brundel might be trying to allow for overseas shipping on this sale. That said, the new website that is being built will have overseas shipping.
I hope they open their online store (or find a distributor) somewhere in Europe, buying bodybuilding supplements from US sites can result in a lot of hassle with customs + we gotta pay additional VAT on these purchases (usually 20-22%).

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
What about the Alphamax (was it?) that you had a good experience previously?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about the Alphamax (was it?) that you had a good experience previously?
Yeah, I thought about ordering it, but I saw it has L-DOPA in it and now that I know what it is, I am not willing to take it ED. L-DOPA is a strong compound and should not be taken lightly. I'm surprised by the amount of L-DOPA in all this test boosters.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I ordered arimistane, as I found out my e2 was actually higher then I though at 35 - 37. So arimistane is perfect. I also ordered the one i posted a picture in a post above lol.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I thought about ordering it, but I saw it has L-DOPA in it and now that I know what it is, I am not willing to take it ED. L-DOPA is a strong compound and should not be taken lightly. I'm surprised by the amount of L-DOPA in all this test boosters.
Yeah L-Dopa is in many T booster stacks. What are you 'afraid' of with taking L-Dopa, if you care to elaborate? I've used weeks ed with no problems before. Actually with no noticeable effects at all.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I ordered arimistane, as I found out my e2 was actually higher then I though at 35 - 37. So arimistane is perfect. I also ordered the one i posted a picture in a post above lol.
Arimistane lowers shbg? Are you going to check bloods again when taking these supps or just go by feel? I'd be interested on how that "Test Restore" treats you.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah L-Dopa is in many T booster stacks. What are you 'afraid' of with taking L-Dopa, if you care to elaborate? I've used weeks ed with no problems before. Actually with no noticeable effects at all.
AFAIK, there isn't much to be worried about with l-dopa other than probably interactions with other drugs.

Since the body can't make more dopamine than the l-amino acid decarboxylase enzyme can metabolise, there's really no issue of it converting to more l-dopa than your body would produce beyond psychological levels, akin to drugs or something.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Arimistane lowers shbg? Are you going to check bloods again when taking these supps or just go by feel? I'd be interested on how that "Test Restore" treats you.
Yes. Arimistane is a very good shbg inhibitor and a mild type 1 Ai. This is the reason why it was used in test boosters a lot back in the day. It was fazed out now (bc of the drying of joints), mostly by DHAA which also works. You have to dose arimistane below 100mg, preferably around 50 - 75. Beyond that it's snap city.

Tbh idk if Im gonna do bloods. I know arimistane works, I've done bloods on it b4. Fyi, it lowered my e2 app 8 points. And I do presume test restore works also, if half of the stated ingredients are actually in it, it should work.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes. Arimistane is a very good shbg inhibitor and a mild type 1 Ai. This is the reason why it was used in test boosters a lot back in the day. It was fazed out now (bc of the drying of joints), mostly by DHAA which also works. You have to dose arimistane below 100mg, preferably around 50 - 75. Beyond that it's snap city.

Tbh idk if Im gonna do bloods. I know arimistane works, I've done bloods on it b4. Fyi, it lowered my e2 app 8 points. And I do presume test restore works also, if half of the stated ingredients are actually in it, it should work.
Ok. Thanks for the info 👍 I only new about Arimistane's weak AI properties and lowering of cortisol. But the lowering of the shbg is a nice quality and it's good to know about it. If you're not doing bloods, then maybe I'll just try to remember to ask you how it's treating you based on your feels, at some point.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok. Thanks for the info 👍 I only new about Arimistane's weak AI properties and lowering of cortisol. But the lowering of the shbg is a nice quality and it's good to know about it. If you're not doing bloods, then maybe I'll just try to remember to ask you how it's treating you based on your feels, at some point.
You can check the interwebs for free T on arimistane. Even MPMD did a test on it and it raised his free T app 30% above upper lab range.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This are low numbers in comparison to on cycle levels, but in terms of feelz, it's a big difference as you'll have more DHT.

Coriandru

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Appreciate any input!
nettle root extract, boron , a meal with a lot of carbohydrates .

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
got an update for us?
Yes. 4 weeks (or has it been 3, idk.), off 50mg arimistane and all is as expected. Waking up with boners through the night and in the morning. I'm more vascular, but I also started 3 IU of GH, so can't attribute that just to arimistane.

Arimistane always works great for me though. I haven't done blood and I don't need to tbh. I really like arimistane at this dose. A bit more and my joints start cracking up, so this is it for me.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lawl look at this blend. It's like a fruit salad of everything they found on the market. Does anybody have any experience with this brand/product?

Dang great profile!