mkretz on the comback trail with HGHpro!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright guys first of all id like to say thanks so much to AI sports for hookin me up and allowing me to log this product. and also throwing in a sick T shirt and some nice samples.

got a long story behind me but gonna try to sum it up......was playing college football when I got real sick and lost about 60 lbs and ended up in teh hospital. Been fighting on and off for a while now but have been cleared to lift again after a few months off and I am more motivated than eer to get back to where I used to be...(bout 170 5% bf) right now im sittin at only aout 140-145 still very low bf but i assure you I am as dedicated as it gets and work my ass off, and you will see this in my log. So I plan to make some nice gains with hgh up's help.

I really like the recovery abilities that hgh up will help me with and I will be logging its effects on my sleep as well as my recovery.

I woudl love to hear ANY feedback that anyone has throughout the log whether it be good bad or just ideas to throw into my owrkout or nutrition.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
to start off my nutritiona s of right now is with lean gains. I know it seems wierd becasue I am looking to bulk up but my job (trainer and fitness class instructor) requires me to be up at 5 and teaching classes 35 min away at 6 and then going to school its jsut more conveinient to fast and then eat a big meal. I tend to workout around 1130-12 - 130-2 (including warm up) cals are at 3100 right now, they were at 3000 but didnt gain so i upped it 100. I eat about 55% cals after I workout then the emainder throughout the day usually in 2 meals till about 930 then fast again. I was wondering how often otehrs weight themselves but im tryin to hold off to once a weeek although its hard lol.

Last week I jut freelanced in teh gym with no real "program" but this week I plan to start writing downa ll my workouts and weights like i used to and will post them on here.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yest. was my first dosing of the hgh up....i usually have trouble sleeping but didnt have too much difficulty once i fell asleep ( i tend to think too much when I lay in bed) I had run 5 miles that day (jsut wanna see if i can do it cuz im running the turkey trot on thanksgiving, i really dont like running though s o i try to avoid it lol) my legs were not sore at all today, so that is my initial notice of recovery, dunno if its the hgh up or just the fact that the run wasnt too txing on my body like thouhgt it would be.

Today however will test hghups abilities....LEG DAY (going off memory)

Explosive squats - 10 sets of 3 - 135 short rest intervals
- Squats
185X8
185X8
185X8
115X20 (no pauses)
125X20 (no pauses) - these were pretty rough

Hack Squats
90X10
110X10
140X4 RP X 3 RP X 3
90X 13

Glute bridge
185X10
185X10
185X10 - these really killed my hams actually kept constant tension on the muscles instead of letting the weight hit the ground between reps

Lunges
30X 15 (each leg)
50X 15
60 X 15
60 X 15

Romanian DL DB
80X10
80X8
80X10
50X15

seated leg curl
100*15
115X10
115X10

leg ext
115X15
115X12
115X12 drop to 70 X 10 - good squeezes, burned like hell

lying leg curl - hams were fried!

50X12
50X12

like i said....hghups recovery ablity will be put to the test tonight, with that said, popped the pills about 25 min ago, feeling sleepy goodnight!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anyone ever dose hghup differently than jsut 4 caps before bed? like pre w.o? thanks

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
anyone ever dose hghup differently than jsut 4 caps before bed? like pre w.o? thanks
I've read a lot of people take 5 to make it effective for them. A lot of them split it up across 2 different times.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you mean HGHpro? HGHup is made by AppNut, not AI

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
and if it is HGHup, I like to take all 5 caps at bedtime for best sleep benefits. I look at it this way...your body grows when you are sleeping. why not have your test and GH at its highest while your sleeping

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow im an idiot it is hgh pro im so sorry, wow, i was def out of it yest, sorry is there a way to change the name of the thread?

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Hell yeah man awesome workout and subbin yo!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL its all good. was just making sure. and no, u cant change the title of the thread but u can start a new one if you wanted to and delete this one. it doesnt really matter

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gonna just keep this one.....for everyone out tehre, i meant hgh pro which i just popped about 30 min ago...feelin sleepy but im behind on meals so im eating now, hopefullyy it had time to absorb and can still do its job....killed chest today, I will post the workout tomorrow and let ya know how the legs are feeling

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
gonna just keep this one.....for everyone out tehre, i meant hgh pro which i just popped about 30 min ago...feelin sleepy but im behind on meals so im eating now, hopefullyy it had time to absorb and can still do its job....killed chest today, I will post the workout tomorrow and let ya know how the legs are feeling
Bro you should follow my log. We are similar sizes and are doing almost the same stuff. Both doing HGHPro. I'm doing Lean Gains with it for now. I think I've seen you pop your head in the thread a few times. Let me know if you have any questions bro.

Here is my log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185993-starting-weight-140lbs.html

Later,
Jim

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright heres yesterdays workout - 11/6 - Chest/Tris

Barbell Incline -
115 x 15
135x 7
135 x 6
135 x 6 + 3 forced reps......felt great to have a spotter and to get some good forced reps! been a while

DB flat bench
50x15
55x12
60x6
60x7 + 3 forced
then did a set with the 70s jsut cuz my training partner wanted to go real heavy so i said sure y not lol
70x4 + 2

Incline Hammer Strength
90x15
100x12
90 x (Yates set) - = 10 reps, rest 10s, 10 reps, rest 10s, 4 10 sec negatives, rest 10s, 4 10 sec negatives.......WOW ! literally felt like my chest was torn after this.

Decline DB 55x10
55x10
60x7+3 forced

BW Dips
x20
x13
x15

FST-7 cable flys - (7 sets 12-15 30 sec rest) s queezed and strentched btetween sets for maximum pump

Only did one Tri exercise cuz we were pressed for time (went to the bills game) :-( and had done alot for chest. I live in buffalo btw haha

E-Z Bar overhead ext.
45x15
50x12
50x15
60x6+3

ss w/ one arm band ext. x 15

Legs are sore but its more of an achy sore rather than an omg i cant walk sore.... I look at this as good recovery because normally this comes after the painful sore but we will see in the next couple days cuz sometimes it dont hit me right away. My chest is not too sore today but tomorrow will be the real test, but so far it seems like the recovery is goin pretty good for how much im doing.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
what is your dry weight and bf% at right now?

We should trade measurements. I'll send you mine later today. It'll be cool to see what you do for your lifts

How are you liking HGHPro so far? Any noticeable sleep differences? Personally, I feel like my growth rate has gone up on it. Repair times are quicker and the repaired muscle seems to be, not sure how to say this quickly, but larger than normal. I've seen some solid growth

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11/7/11 - Back/ Bis

BW Pull up - unfortunately this shows my weakness since im barely over 140lbs and can't do many of these....even though i dont like doing them ( cuz im bad at them) I will be focusing on these because i know how important they are.

x7
x5
x5
x4

T - Bar Row (weights are amt. of weight on the end of the bar)
180x 15
205x 12
225x 10 (bad form, I was heaving it not gonna lie, but sometimes u jsut wanna move weight)
225X10
180x 15 Drop 135X12
115X12 perfect form with squeeze then repped it out to 25 reps

Lat pull over machine (pre exhaust for bent over row)
90x15
120x10
120x10 drop 90x15

Bent over row - went heavy and kinda threw teh weight but tried to control the negative to still get some decent work in then light with better form
185X15 8 decent reps
225X10 bad form lol
235 x 4 rrest pause X 3 RP X 3 these sets the bar was coming right up my legs to below my belly button
135X15
135X12 + about 10 with "bad" form - these two sets were pullled up to above belly button

Higher grip close grip cable row - the gym at my school has a weird set up where its liek a normal able row put u put ur feet up higher and the cable is higher so u lean back and pull a little more down to ur body ratehr than right into ur belly....kinda cool

120X12
135x12
165x10 got sloppy after 6
105X10 perfect form with squeeze

Hammer strength rev. grip unilateral low row
55(per side)x15
80x12
90x10 bad form
45x15 good squeeze both sides

My left side seemed to be dominating all of these exercises so i decided to do a couple unilateral moves this last one and also.....

One arm lat pull down
30x10
30x12
30x12

E-Z bar cable curls - rev. dropset
30,40,50 each 15 reps - 2 sets close grip, 2 sets wide grip.....rough haha

incline curl

15x15 drop 10x13
last set was the same set up but i was in the zone and jsut kept going, dunno how many reps but more than teh first set and damn did that burn!!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
btw the bills game was a "white out" so i made sure to rep my awsoem AI sports T tehy sent me, thanks again guys!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
also im grubbin down on my pwo/fast breaking meal as i write this....1700 cals 170 protein 170 carb 38 fat 40/40/20 macro breakdown

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow im an idiot it is hgh pro im so sorry, wow, i was def out of it yest, sorry is there a way to change the name of the thread?
PM a Mod and maybe they can fix it for you.

These two supps get confused ALL the time :D

HGHpro is also supposed to be taken all at once, before bed. You're also not supposed to ingest any carbs at least two hours before taking the HGHpro. I actually only use three caps and still get great sleep this way. I've talked to others that do the same. You'll have to play with the dosing and see what works the best for you, though.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im about 140, dunno bf, but its low..... I cant say i eally notce anything significant after only 3 days, but i havent been crazy sore which is good cuz I am going pretty hard in the gym.
what is your dry weight and bf% at right now?

We should trade measurements. I'll send you mine later today. It'll be cool to see what you do for your lifts

How are you liking HGHPro so far? Any noticeable sleep differences? Personally, I feel like my growth rate has gone up on it. Repair times are quicker and the repaired muscle seems to be, not sure how to say this quickly, but larger than normal. I've seen some solid growth

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well with the way my meals tend to go during the week i gotta throw them together in a small window towards the night so i usually have a meal with around 30 g carbs or so, some from veggies aroudn 7-73- then pop the hghpro round 845 ish then eat another meal that will have veggies but thats it, otherwise is protein and fat around wel...right now haha 915-930ish.... uu thinkt hat this will mess up my gains? any suggestions?
PM a Mod and maybe they can fix it for you.

These two supps get confused ALL the time :D

HGHpro is also supposed to be taken all at once, before bed. You're also not supposed to ingest any carbs at least two hours before taking the HGHpro. I actually only use three caps and still get great sleep this way. I've talked to others that do the same. You'll have to play with the dosing and see what works the best for you, though.

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
I'm just taking it an hour after my last meal bro. I don't really wait to go to bed unless it's convenient

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Since my weight is a lil low compared to what teh product was probably intended i am going to try and do jsut 3 caps fo a a couple days and see how i feel.....

with that said, last night I took the hgh pro with some ZMA (which i had been forgetting to do) and slept great, I woke up to pee a few tiems like always but the sleep really was excellent, normally i take a lil nyquil before i go to sleep and i didnt miss it at all last night, felt great

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11/8 Shoulders/traps/calves

Cleans - 115x5
115x5
135x3
135x3 - rested alil between reps for this one :-( made sure to set the bar down between each rep in order to be as explosive as possible though for each set

Barbell OH Press
75x12
80x10
80x8+2 with legs
85x5+4 Drop 65x5+5

DB Shoulder Press
50x5 :-(
45x10
45x8
45x8
35x13

DB Lateral raises
15x15
20x12+3
20x11+4
20x10+5
superset
Smith Machine behind the head press
95x15
105x10
110x8
115x4 DS 85x11

Cable High Pull
70x15
80x12+2
90x10+2
100x8+2 DS 70X8+4

Cable unilateral front raise
20x12+3
20x8+3
20x10+3 neg. DS 10lb DB X12 +3

Rope face pulls
100x15
110x13
120x10
120x10 DS 90X12

One arm smith shrugs
95x15
115x12
115x12
125x10+3

Standing Calf raises smith machine
175x25 + 20 burn reps
185x 17 + 20 burn reps
185X19 + 20 burn reps
205 X 12 DS 155 X 12

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do the pluses indicate in your sets? Do you drop weight and squeeze out a few more reps?

Oh, and I PMd a mod and asked him to correct your title :D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What do the pluses indicate in your sets? Do you drop weight and squeeze out a few more reps?

Oh, and I PMd a mod and asked him to correct your title :D
the uulse reps on my calf raises are just more like bouncing, less ROM not a real squeeze either just burning out the muscle......

thanks alot i noticed the new title and like it alot better haha sorry again about that!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No worries.

I was just wondering about the pluses. I actually keep track of my reps and use the plus sign as a denotation in the same manner you use it.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oo usaid pluses i thought u said pulses....the pluses are actuallly like extra reps that werent with great form type of thing ya knwo when ur swining the weight or something like that to get some extra reps in on the calf raises i do pulses after i cant do any more strict reps to really burn it out

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im Late but IM in!!! Subbed!!! Tear it up!

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
just a quick question on your math. You state you got "sick" and lost 60 lbs. Then state you are about 140 right now(though your avatar says 150), and then state you want to get back to where you were at 170. So when were you 200 plus? Were you a fat 200?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea ive been through a couple different stages.....the most i ever weighed was suring high school football at about 174 id say about 8% bf....then when i graduated and was gonna play college football i was about 165 5% bf, then i got sick, was in teh hospital, dropped down to about 110 ....slowly got back up to about 150 (in my avatar) then was taken off of some meds and lost a little and went back down to about 135, got back up to around 140 and i am now currently sitting at 141.2 as of this morning which is up about 2 lbs as of a weekand a half ago sooo going in the right direction

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11/9 - was supposed to be an arm day but my bis were killin me from back day..... so me and a buddy did chest/tris cuz they were both feelin good. Was a little worried cuz i did shoulders yest. but felt pretty good. My back is pretty sore today and also my traps, im guessing mostly from the back workout 2 days ago, went pretty heavy.....feels good though

Barbell bench
135x12
140x11
150x7
175x1+3 forced
175x1+2 forced
burn set - 115x15+3

Rev. Grip Bench
95 x 12
105 x 8
105 x 8
85 x 15

Dips
20lbsx7
10x14
10x11
25x3 Rest pause x 2 RPx2

CG bench
115x12
115x11
125x8+2 forced
125x5+2 forced

Skull crushers
55x15
65x10
65x10+1 forced
75x6+2 forced DS 55x9+3 forced

then we did a tricep superset for 4 sets which was jsut rope pushdowns supersetted with one arm cable pushdowns. Don't remember the weights, jsut goin for a pump, sets were back to back no rest.

-I felt ok today but for some reason i jsut feel liek my weights werent where tehy should be, i mean i know im weaker from taking a break but I dunno felt liek i shoudlve been a littel stronger Energy was def. up in the beginning but I felt liek i was in the gym forever today, I did have to try to shut my buddy up alilttle more than usual haha.

the sleep last night was very good on only 3 caps of hgh pro as well as some ZMA, I woudl say i didnt fall asleep as quick or feel extrmemly sleepy but my sleep once i was asleep was very good and i woke up with more energy than usual today as well. Leg day tomorrow!!!! Usually my legs are still sore form the previous leg workout at least al ittle but not at all even today so my recovery is def. up, can't wait to see how the worout goes tomrorow!

mxer657

mxer657

Awards
Nice job. I'm on 3 a day. Actually had a similar workout experience today

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dosed 3 pills again last ngiht along with ZMA and once agian i didnt get the omg im so sleepy feeling or anythign liek that but i slept great, but for some reason this morning i jsut didnt wanna get out of bed, maybe my body jsut needs more rest, im really only sleepin about 7 hours a night if im lucky. Tooday was a killer leg day and will probably only do some abs tomorrow with saturday being a complete off day. The plan is to do about 2800 cals tomorrow with lower carbs since its only abs and maybe calves and about 2400-2500 on saturday with only carbs coming from veggies

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried four caps yet? A regular dose is actually four capsules.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea i did 4 caps the first two nights....only difference i noticed was got more tired.....actual aleep has been the same with three...i jsut figured that since i am aliltle smaller maybe i could get away with only using 3 at a time to get the bottle to last longer.....no?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's not uncommon. I've had a few guys tell me that three works just as well as four.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11/10 LEGS!!!!

epic workout for sure...sooo focused.....btw i havent mentioned it but ive been upsing APPNUT's LIT UP which i am absolutely loving! the taste is amazing (peach tea_ and the focus i get from it is incredible...that is myfav thin about a good preworkout is the tunnel vision and this one delivers big time!

Decided to go heavier today, just wanted to still getting good depth though, def. below parallel.

Squats
205x8
215x8
225x6
235x3 RPx2 RPx1
135x15
145x15
155x15

Explosive squats
7 sets of 3 w/135

Leg Press
410x8
410x8
430x4 RPx3 RPx3
360x12 DS 270x23 DS 180x25

Glute Bridge
185x10
185x10
195x10
205x8+4 resting on ground between reps

RDL
185x8
195x8
195x7
135 - str8 leg on box so i could get a good stretch at teh bottom x 12

Lunges
60x15 (per leg)
60x15
70x15
70x16 DS BW x 15

Seated leg curl FST-7 Squeezing and stretching between each set - 85lbs

Seated leg Ext. FST - 7 Squeezing and stretching between each set - 70 lbs crazy burn on both of these

killer workout prolly wont be walking normal for a while - before hgh pro a workout like this woudl probably have me sore for a week, so this shoudl be interesting to see how quickly i recover

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeha im jsut gonna stick with 3 for now then to have it last longer... actualyl i think ill do four tonight because of the hard workout i had so i will porbably do 3 every night except on leg days.
That's not uncommon. I've had a few guys tell me that three works just as well as four.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well...i didnt get to abs/calved today so today was an off day, kept cals lower, round 2400, cars coming mostly from veggies and layne norton cheesecake haha good stuff!.....tomrow I will get up alittle early to getin some abs n calves, then ill be teaching a few fitness classes so Im gonna put the cals back up to around 3000 but keep carbs alittle lower cuz its not really an all out trianing day but i have def. neglected my abs lately, i will let ya'll know how it goes, hope theres still poeple out there following :-(

p.s. legs are pretty dang sore today, usually the first day isnt too abd as compared to teh few days after so hopefully the hghpro wiill help with this.... goodnight AM

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright little bit of an update..... yesterday 11/12 - I was able to do some abs, and only 3 sets of seated calf raises.... nothing else to really speak of. I did rope crunches, rev crunches with the cables around my feet so i coudl use some weight, chops, and 2 diferent crunch machines. Took the hgh pro at 3 caps and felt slept good.

My legs are finally recovering, seems to be a little ahead of what tehy woudl normally be after that kind of workout.

I did chest/tris today and did just about the same workout as last week....unfortunately my log sheet is in my ar and dont feel like going to get it I will post up tomrorow.... I was stronger this week thouh so that is def. a plus, as long as i keep progressing im happy.

One thing to note about tonight is that I had a late pwo meal wihc i finished about 7:40 or so and it was my biggest meal of the day at about 1700 cals. I will be taking my hghpro very soon because i have to get to bed cuz i have to get up early for work in the morning, hopefully it will stil have some effect esp since i still need to get another meal in me before bed so i will probably wait about 45 min then eat and hope it still works......

anyone have any past succes with having to dose hghpro around food?

ps......... IS ANYONE OUT THERE???? any comments about my training, nutrition anything? quesitons?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also tried a sample pack of bullnox andorush pre workout today and I must say the pumps were pretty good, i felt pretty oo thorughout the workout, but i tend to sip on my preworkout throughout my workout until abotu halfway through which may dmnishish some of the caffiene kick.... I woudlnt say i was crazy amped up like with some pre workouts, but it def. did the job, and tasted realllly good...fruit punch yummm haha

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
I also tried a sample pack of bullnox andorush pre workout today and I must say the pumps were pretty good, i felt pretty oo thorughout the workout, but i tend to sip on my preworkout throughout my workout until abotu halfway through which may dmnishish some of the caffiene kick.... I woudlnt say i was crazy amped up like with some pre workouts, but it def. did the job, and tasted realllly good...fruit punch yummm haha
Nice little review man, i'm trying to find a new Pre-workout to give a shot at. Think i'm done with the "concentrated" ones for a while. Thinking about trying Musclepharm Assault..

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice little review man, i'm trying to find a new Pre-workout to give a shot at. Think i'm done with the "concentrated" ones for a while. Thinking about trying Musclepharm Assault..
andorush is def. no concentrate, tons of great ingredients...ive been wanting to try muscle marinade for forever, the formula looks amazing!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
andorush is def. no concentrate, tons of great ingredients...ive been wanting to try muscle marinade for forever, the formula looks amazing!
Ah i see, i wonder if i can get a sample serving somewhere?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you end up using capsules of HGHpro the night of your leg workout?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you end up using capsules of HGHpro the night of your leg workout?
yea dosed 4 that night.......legs are feelin good today, gonna hit them again tomorrow.....its been almost a weeek so they should be good to go!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
alright time to update..... havent been feelin to great lately, sore throat runny nose.... but jus t a head cold so decided to hit the gym the past 2 days anyways. Definitely more groggy and tired throughout the mornings....really hard to muster up the will to get to the gym but with the help of a little extra pre w.o ive been gettin some solid workouts in...

11/14 - back/bis

Pull up - wider than last week
BW x 6
BWx5
BWx5
BWx4 .........still stink at these but was able to maintain strength a little longer this week

pullup machine
60X15
50X12
40X11 DS 60 X10 - All sets had a good contraction, got a good pump goin in my lats.

Bent over row....tried to stay alittle more controlled than last week

185X10 +5 jerky
205X8 +2
205X8 +2
225X4 RP X 3 RP X 3 felt these a little more this week...brougth teh wiehgt down alittle but form was still jerky but tried to focus on at least controlling the negative which gave my lats some extra work i coudl really feel
135X12
135X10 both with great form

Deadlift - havent done these in forever
205X10
225X8
225X8
245X6

One arm db row - going for more of a contraction rather than heaving the weight
65x12
65x12
75x8
75x8 - all sets were pretty solid which felt good to be able to keep decent form on these and actualyl feel my back working

Rev grip pulldown
85X13
85x11
85x11 +3 jerking
100X8+2 jerking

Cable low row
100X15
145x10
160x8+2 DS 85 x 15

EZ bar curl
wide grip
40x15
45x12+3
close grip
45x12+3
50x8+4

Hammer curl
20x15
25x10
25x10 DS 15 x 10 kept good form on these and relaly tried to contract the biceps

Conc. Curl. - have never felt these too much in the past but today i REALLY foicused on the contraction and supinating my wrists alot and it made quite the difference.
20x12
20x12
20x12 DS 15x7

- pretty solid workout overall, a little sore today, however it seems like the pattern is that i get very sore 2 days after teh workout (my chest is killin me today haha) so tomrorow should be interesting. With that said after the 2nd day it seems like my soreness disapears so hghpro is def. doing its job, I woudl say my recovery woudl at least be another day without it.
- still dosing 3 caps and sleep has been pretty good even though im sick....with the help of a little nyquil, not gonna lie (but not alot)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
11/15 - shoudlers/traps

DB press - 45X15
55x4 ? dunno whats up with that
50x8
50x8
50x9 DS 30x10 DS 20x25 - i was much stronger this week on these but i also did them first, last week i did them 3rd, still pretty happy with where im at.

Clean - wanted to do these first but someone was using the platform - jsut trying to develop a little overall power
115x5
135x5
140x5
145x5 - I rested 20-30 s between each rep in order to maintain max power, hopefully this pays off...the 145 set was still pretty tough
I also have a tendency to kick my legs out to teh sside as I fatigue rather than catching under the bar....any solutions to improve my form?

behind the head smith press
95x15
105x9
105x9
115x4 RPx3 RPx2 - the first 4 were super easy but i guess i fatigue quickly....these felt real good today though, good muscle connection goin

smith high pull
75x15
85x12
95x8 + 4 jerked
105X6 +2 DS 85x8+6 - although i jerked up some reps i still contracted hard at the top and treied to hold the bar in the top position....got a real nice pump from this

leaning lateral raises
20x12
20x12
25x10 DS 15x15 - focused on squeezing and trying to hold at the top position

Arnold press-
30x12
30x12
30x12

Trap Bar shrugs 185x15
185x15
185x12
205x10+5 DS 135 x 10+5
good contraction on most reps if i bounced it up a little i still made to squeeze at teh top, felt good

Rev cable high pull - great for my traps
70x15
90x12
100x12+3 - got great contractions here and relaly helt my traps working

Rope face pull
90x15
110x15
130x12
140x10 - once again good contractions here!

this workout jsut felt liek ittook forever....im gonna weigh in tomorrow morning and see where im at......I wanna cut my workouts down but tat the same tiem with some i dont feel like i would hit the muscles form all the angles i want to in less time, any suggestions? cut them down or jsut eat more if my weight isnt up? im at 3100 cals right now on my off day i usually do 2400 but im def. hitting my 3100 every day i lift, and even did 3000 on my ab/calf day.....wat would u guys suggest?