mkretz on the comback trail with HGHpro!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. just a quick question on your math. You state you got "sick" and lost 60 lbs. Then state you are about 140 right now(though your avatar says 150), and then state you want to get back to where you were at 170. So when were you 200 plus? Were you a fat 200?

2. yea ive been through a couple different stages.....the most i ever weighed was suring high school football at about 174 id say about 8% bf....then when i graduated and was gonna play college football i was about 165 5% bf, then i got sick, was in teh hospital, dropped down to about 110 ....slowly got back up to about 150 (in my avatar) then was taken off of some meds and lost a little and went back down to about 135, got back up to around 140 and i am now currently sitting at 141.2 as of this morning which is up about 2 lbs as of a weekand a half ago sooo going in the right direction
    •   

3. 11/9 - was supposed to be an arm day but my bis were killin me from back day..... so me and a buddy did chest/tris cuz they were both feelin good. Was a little worried cuz i did shoulders yest. but felt pretty good. My back is pretty sore today and also my traps, im guessing mostly from the back workout 2 days ago, went pretty heavy.....feels good though

Barbell bench
    135x12
    140x11
    150x7
    175x1+3 forced
    175x1+2 forced
    burn set - 115x15+3

Rev. Grip Bench
    95 x 12
    105 x 8
    105 x 8
    85 x 15

Dips
    20lbsx7
    10x14
    10x11
    25x3 Rest pause x 2 RPx2

CG bench
    115x12
    115x11
    125x8+2 forced
    125x5+2 forced

Skull crushers
    55x15
    65x10
    65x10+1 forced
    75x6+2 forced DS 55x9+3 forced

then we did a tricep superset for 4 sets which was jsut rope pushdowns supersetted with one arm cable pushdowns. Don't remember the weights, jsut goin for a pump, sets were back to back no rest.

-I felt ok today but for some reason i jsut feel liek my weights werent where tehy should be, i mean i know im weaker from taking a break but I dunno felt liek i shoudlve been a littel stronger Energy was def. up in the beginning but I felt liek i was in the gym forever today, I did have to try to shut my buddy up alilttle more than usual haha.

the sleep last night was very good on only 3 caps of hgh pro as well as some ZMA, I woudl say i didnt fall asleep as quick or feel extrmemly sleepy but my sleep once i was asleep was very good and i woke up with more energy than usual today as well. Leg day tomorrow!!!! Usually my legs are still sore form the previous leg workout at least al ittle but not at all even today so my recovery is def. up, can't wait to see how the worout goes tomrorow!

4. Nice job. I'm on 3 a day. Actually had a similar workout experience today

5. dosed 3 pills again last ngiht along with ZMA and once agian i didnt get the omg im so sleepy feeling or anythign liek that but i slept great, but for some reason this morning i jsut didnt wanna get out of bed, maybe my body jsut needs more rest, im really only sleepin about 7 hours a night if im lucky. Tooday was a killer leg day and will probably only do some abs tomorrow with saturday being a complete off day. The plan is to do about 2800 cals tomorrow with lower carbs since its only abs and maybe calves and about 2400-2500 on saturday with only carbs coming from veggies
    •   

6. Have you tried four caps yet? A regular dose is actually four capsules.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

7. yea i did 4 caps the first two nights....only difference i noticed was got more tired.....actual aleep has been the same with three...i jsut figured that since i am aliltle smaller maybe i could get away with only using 3 at a time to get the bottle to last longer.....no?

8. That's not uncommon. I've had a few guys tell me that three works just as well as four.

9. 11/10 LEGS!!!!

epic workout for sure...sooo focused.....btw i havent mentioned it but ive been upsing APPNUT's LIT UP which i am absolutely loving! the taste is amazing (peach tea_ and the focus i get from it is incredible...that is myfav thin about a good preworkout is the tunnel vision and this one delivers big time!

Decided to go heavier today, just wanted to still getting good depth though, def. below parallel.

Squats
    205x8
    215x8
    225x6
    235x3 RPx2 RPx1
    135x15
    145x15
    155x15

Explosive squats
    7 sets of 3 w/135

Leg Press
    410x8
    410x8
    430x4 RPx3 RPx3
    360x12 DS 270x23 DS 180x25

Glute Bridge
    185x10
    185x10
    195x10
    205x8+4 resting on ground between reps

RDL
    185x8
    195x8
    195x7
    135 - str8 leg on box so i could get a good stretch at teh bottom x 12

Lunges
    60x15 (per leg)
    60x15
    70x15
    70x16 DS BW x 15

Seated leg curl FST-7 Squeezing and stretching between each set - 85lbs

Seated leg Ext. FST - 7 Squeezing and stretching between each set - 70 lbs crazy burn on both of these

killer workout prolly wont be walking normal for a while - before hgh pro a workout like this woudl probably have me sore for a week, so this shoudl be interesting to see how quickly i recover

10. yeha im jsut gonna stick with 3 for now then to have it last longer... actualyl i think ill do four tonight because of the hard workout i had so i will porbably do 3 every night except on leg days.
    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    That's not uncommon. I've had a few guys tell me that three works just as well as four.

11. well...i didnt get to abs/calved today so today was an off day, kept cals lower, round 2400, cars coming mostly from veggies and layne norton cheesecake haha good stuff!.....tomrow I will get up alittle early to getin some abs n calves, then ill be teaching a few fitness classes so Im gonna put the cals back up to around 3000 but keep carbs alittle lower cuz its not really an all out trianing day but i have def. neglected my abs lately, i will let ya'll know how it goes, hope theres still poeple out there following :-(

p.s. legs are pretty dang sore today, usually the first day isnt too abd as compared to teh few days after so hopefully the hghpro wiill help with this.... goodnight AM

12. alright little bit of an update..... yesterday 11/12 - I was able to do some abs, and only 3 sets of seated calf raises.... nothing else to really speak of. I did rope crunches, rev crunches with the cables around my feet so i coudl use some weight, chops, and 2 diferent crunch machines. Took the hgh pro at 3 caps and felt slept good.

My legs are finally recovering, seems to be a little ahead of what tehy woudl normally be after that kind of workout.

I did chest/tris today and did just about the same workout as last week....unfortunately my log sheet is in my ar and dont feel like going to get it I will post up tomrorow.... I was stronger this week thouh so that is def. a plus, as long as i keep progressing im happy.

One thing to note about tonight is that I had a late pwo meal wihc i finished about 7:40 or so and it was my biggest meal of the day at about 1700 cals. I will be taking my hghpro very soon because i have to get to bed cuz i have to get up early for work in the morning, hopefully it will stil have some effect esp since i still need to get another meal in me before bed so i will probably wait about 45 min then eat and hope it still works......

anyone have any past succes with having to dose hghpro around food?

ps......... IS ANYONE OUT THERE???? any comments about my training, nutrition anything? quesitons?

13. I also tried a sample pack of bullnox andorush pre workout today and I must say the pumps were pretty good, i felt pretty oo thorughout the workout, but i tend to sip on my preworkout throughout my workout until abotu halfway through which may dmnishish some of the caffiene kick.... I woudlnt say i was crazy amped up like with some pre workouts, but it def. did the job, and tasted realllly good...fruit punch yummm haha

14. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    I also tried a sample pack of bullnox andorush pre workout today and I must say the pumps were pretty good, i felt pretty oo thorughout the workout, but i tend to sip on my preworkout throughout my workout until abotu halfway through which may dmnishish some of the caffiene kick.... I woudlnt say i was crazy amped up like with some pre workouts, but it def. did the job, and tasted realllly good...fruit punch yummm haha
    Nice little review man, i'm trying to find a new Pre-workout to give a shot at. Think i'm done with the "concentrated" ones for a while. Thinking about trying Musclepharm Assault..
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

15. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Nice little review man, i'm trying to find a new Pre-workout to give a shot at. Think i'm done with the "concentrated" ones for a while. Thinking about trying Musclepharm Assault..
    andorush is def. no concentrate, tons of great ingredients...ive been wanting to try muscle marinade for forever, the formula looks amazing!

16. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    andorush is def. no concentrate, tons of great ingredients...ive been wanting to try muscle marinade for forever, the formula looks amazing!
    Ah i see, i wonder if i can get a sample serving somewhere?
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

17. Did you end up using capsules of HGHpro the night of your leg workout?

18. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Did you end up using capsules of HGHpro the night of your leg workout?
    yea dosed 4 that night.......legs are feelin good today, gonna hit them again tomorrow.....its been almost a weeek so they should be good to go!

19. alright time to update..... havent been feelin to great lately, sore throat runny nose.... but jus t a head cold so decided to hit the gym the past 2 days anyways. Definitely more groggy and tired throughout the mornings....really hard to muster up the will to get to the gym but with the help of a little extra pre w.o ive been gettin some solid workouts in...

11/14 - back/bis

Pull up - wider than last week
    BW x 6
    BWx5
    BWx5
    BWx4 .........still stink at these but was able to maintain strength a little longer this week

pullup machine
    60X15
    50X12
    40X11 DS 60 X10 - All sets had a good contraction, got a good pump goin in my lats.

Bent over row....tried to stay alittle more controlled than last week

185X10 +5 jerky
    205X8 +2
    205X8 +2
    225X4 RP X 3 RP X 3 felt these a little more this week...brougth teh wiehgt down alittle but form was still jerky but tried to focus on at least controlling the negative which gave my lats some extra work i coudl really feel
    135X12
    135X10 both with great form

Deadlift - havent done these in forever
    205X10
    225X8
    225X8
    245X6

One arm db row - going for more of a contraction rather than heaving the weight
    65x12
    65x12
    75x8
    75x8 - all sets were pretty solid which felt good to be able to keep decent form on these and actualyl feel my back working

Rev grip pulldown
    85X13
    85x11
    85x11 +3 jerking
    100X8+2 jerking

Cable low row
    100X15
    145x10
    160x8+2 DS 85 x 15

EZ bar curl
    wide grip
    40x15
    45x12+3
    close grip
    45x12+3
    50x8+4

Hammer curl
    20x15
    25x10
    25x10 DS 15 x 10 kept good form on these and relaly tried to contract the biceps

Conc. Curl. - have never felt these too much in the past but today i REALLY foicused on the contraction and supinating my wrists alot and it made quite the difference.
    20x12
    20x12
    20x12 DS 15x7

- pretty solid workout overall, a little sore today, however it seems like the pattern is that i get very sore 2 days after teh workout (my chest is killin me today haha) so tomrorow should be interesting. With that said after the 2nd day it seems like my soreness disapears so hghpro is def. doing its job, I woudl say my recovery woudl at least be another day without it.
    - still dosing 3 caps and sleep has been pretty good even though im sick....with the help of a little nyquil, not gonna lie (but not alot)

20. 11/15 - shoudlers/traps

DB press - 45X15
    55x4 ? dunno whats up with that
    50x8
    50x8
    50x9 DS 30x10 DS 20x25 - i was much stronger this week on these but i also did them first, last week i did them 3rd, still pretty happy with where im at.

Clean - wanted to do these first but someone was using the platform - jsut trying to develop a little overall power
    115x5
    135x5
    140x5
    145x5 - I rested 20-30 s between each rep in order to maintain max power, hopefully this pays off...the 145 set was still pretty tough
    I also have a tendency to kick my legs out to teh sside as I fatigue rather than catching under the bar....any solutions to improve my form?

behind the head smith press
    95x15
    105x9
    105x9
    115x4 RPx3 RPx2 - the first 4 were super easy but i guess i fatigue quickly....these felt real good today though, good muscle connection goin

smith high pull
    75x15
    85x12
    95x8 + 4 jerked
    105X6 +2 DS 85x8+6 - although i jerked up some reps i still contracted hard at the top and treied to hold the bar in the top position....got a real nice pump from this

leaning lateral raises
    20x12
    20x12
    25x10 DS 15x15 - focused on squeezing and trying to hold at the top position

Arnold press-
    30x12
    30x12
    30x12

Trap Bar shrugs 185x15
    185x15
    185x12
    205x10+5 DS 135 x 10+5
    good contraction on most reps if i bounced it up a little i still made to squeeze at teh top, felt good

Rev cable high pull - great for my traps
    70x15
    90x12
    100x12+3 - got great contractions here and relaly helt my traps working

Rope face pull
    90x15
    110x15
    130x12
    140x10 - once again good contractions here!

this workout jsut felt liek ittook forever....im gonna weigh in tomorrow morning and see where im at......I wanna cut my workouts down but tat the same tiem with some i dont feel like i would hit the muscles form all the angles i want to in less time, any suggestions? cut them down or jsut eat more if my weight isnt up? im at 3100 cals right now on my off day i usually do 2400 but im def. hitting my 3100 every day i lift, and even did 3000 on my ab/calf day.....wat would u guys suggest?

21. nice log and sorry I am late. Just found this log when you linked it into the other log.

In to support this log
    Facebook John Smeton Fitness
    youtube JohnSmetonFitness1
    Twitter SmetonFitness

22. WOW some GREAT detail in this thread.

Hope the HGHpro works well for you.

Keep at it you are doing very good work.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

23. Muscle marinade destroid my gut... great pumps butthe first week or so its rough! by the end of the jug however I was taking 1.5 scoops.

24. thanks for the support guys, glad to have u in here, please give any suggestions u have or comments, anything and everythign is appreciated!

25. Good point about the weight... it may be that way. what are you trying to do gain alot of size?

26. What are you weighing in at now bro? I just weighed myself again and uploaded pictures if you want to pop back in there. Here's a link: boom

I think you'll be pretty stoked to see my results

27. Log is looking excellent! Nice and detailed. Solid workouts. Keep up the great work!!
    DISCLAIMER: Anything that I post on this forum should not be taken as medical advice. Consult your doctor before starting new diets, supplements, training protocols, and/or if you have any concerns about your health.

28. Im tryin to lift heavy....
    I also do lighter sets after though cuz i gotta get that pump goin.....doin rest pause sets quite often as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    Good point about the weight... it may be that way. what are you trying to do gain alot of size?

29. thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHardOrGoHme View Post
    Log is looking excellent! Nice and detailed. Solid workouts. Keep up the great work!!

30. well weighed in this morning empty stomach right after gettin out of bed and taking a piss.....140.3 i belive it was....in other words, no gain not too happy aout that...however i have been alittle under the weather but workouts have been pretty solid. I feel liek my strenght is up so if that is true with my weight the same i guess i cannot complain, but i woudl still liek to see the number increase.....now the question is, do i increase cals or try to cut the owrkouts.... I feel that my workouts are jsut right about now, any longer is def too long but i feel energetic thorughout and get a good feeel in my muscle sin every workout.... So im thiinkin to increase cals up to about 3300....what do you guys think?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. gettin WYKED with mkretz!
    By mkretz in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 03:57 AM
  2. ****GHENERATE MY COMBACK!!!-Sponsored by LG Sciences****
    By pushinweightw in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 07:33 PM
  3. Is Trail Mix and Dried fruits and such a
    By freezito in forum Nutrition / Health