Tiny is on FIRE with AppNut's LIT-UP/DRIVE! (Sponsored)

Page 4 of 10 First ... 234569 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Sounds good man! I cant wait to see your progress! Gotta get HUGE!
    Hell yeah man, gonna push myself on everything!

I tried finding some videos of people doing DC on youtube and people tend to have altered a lot of it. Dante said himself it's 10+ years in the making why would people try and make it better? Everything i have on paper is literally what the basic layout is. I won't use static holds and all that unless i stop seeing progress. My first DC workout will be only 3 exercises but it'll be insane with this rest/pause technique. I still have to post my back workout tomorrow morning but the rest/pause was CRAZY.

Diet Breakdown 10/2/11
    Calories: 4150
    Protein: 330 Grams
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Hell yeah man, gonna push myself on everything!

I tried finding some videos of people doing DC on youtube and people tend to have altered a lot of it. Dante said himself it's 10+ years in the making why would people try and make it better? Everything i have on paper is literally what the basic layout is. I won't use static holds and all that unless i stop seeing progress. My first DC workout will be only 3 exercises but it'll be insane with this rest/pause technique. I still have to post my back workout tomorrow morning but the rest/pause was CRAZY.

Diet Breakdown 10/2/11
    Calories: 4150
    Protein: 330 Grams
    Until I get my digestive problem all squared away I am going to do a recomp style workout. EDT and statics basically. You'll see tomorrow after I post my workout later on tonight when I finish it.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Until I get my digestive problem all squared away I am going to do a recomp style workout. EDT and statics basically. You'll see tomorrow after I post my workout later on tonight when I finish it.
    Sweet deal man looking forward to it!
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I do DC, but not exactly on how its supposed to be done. i have changed a few things to benefit my style of lifting, but i keep the backbone of DC
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I do DC, but not exactly on how its supposed to be done. i have changed a few things to benefit my style of lifting, but i keep the backbone of DC
    Just out of curiosity what did you change and why?
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Back/Bi's/Calves/Forearms 10/2/11
    Duration: 1 Hour
    Mood: Confident
    Energy: Good
    Other notes: Body weight at 231Lbs (Thinking of doing a 5k+ calorie week to see if anything changes.)
    Lifts
    Pull-Ups Close Hammer Grip-
    BW x 16 R/P *PR* + 9 Reps
    BW x 11 R/P *PR* + 4 Reps
    Drop/Pump set + Fascia stretch
    Close-Grip Pull Downs-
    140 x 10 *PR*
    Notes: These were a ton more controlled then last week and i felt the contractions better.
    Yate's Row Over Hand Grip- Wasn't feeling too hot on these today.
    135 x 11
    Notes: Did slower reps with squeeze.
    Alt. DB Curls-
    45 x 10 *PR*
    Notes: Was really surprised at this, last time i was doing 40's for about 6-8 reps.
    Wide Thumbs-Down Grip ROW-
    95 x 14 R/P *PR*

Other Exercises:
    Standing Calve Raises
    240 x 11 + Hold
    240 x 13

Wrist Curls SS with Hammer curls
    Not sure on weight/reps.

8 Sets/5 PR's

Feel like i could have done a little better on some exercises but still happy with it. DC training starts 10/4/11!
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

what is ur digestive issue? jw cuz I too am having digestive issues....not absorbing nutrients.....no wonder why i cant get bigger huh!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hell yeah dude! and yea 8 hours must be nice, I can finally get more now that work is over for me. I havent gotten a call about my job yet so who knows... what ever I dont really care. I need to focus on lifting.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

nice bro, I did calf raises, 2 sets of lunges, and 6:30 of bike yesterday, and today it feels like I squated or something... lol. goes to show how tight I still am through the legs. Should have a good session tonite, one of my buddies is gona show to lift with his liftin buddy, I can show em whats up

R1 I am interested as well, thinking about throwing some stuff in my routine too.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    nice bro, I did calf raises, 2 sets of lunges, and 6:30 of bike yesterday, and today it feels like I squated or something... lol. goes to show how tight I still am through the legs. Should have a good session tonite, one of my buddies is gona show to lift with his liftin buddy, I can show em whats up

R1 I am interested as well, thinking about throwing some stuff in my routine too.
    Must have been some brutal lunges! I just got a call and my training for working at the gym/supp store should start this week

Also i found the BEST bulking food for the best price, I just got 20 Beef/Bean burritos from Aldi for $5.80 @ .29 cents EACH. 350 Calories each! Cheaper than fast food and not as much fat. That combined with whole milk i should hit higher calories in a breeze. Going to try and get 4500-5k today. Weight is still the damn same 231.6Lbs GRRRRRRRRRR
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

haha dang man, nice deal! and goodluck with the job, hopefully mine pulls through too... hmm back workout today I think...

oh and the lunges, were with 25s or 35s, for 2 sets of 7(perleg)... so not hardcore at all. probably from not lifting legs in 2 months... hahaha.

I used to do 55s walking lunges... they were killers.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

haha dang man, nice deal! and goodluck with the job, hopefully mine pulls through too... hmm back workout today I think...

oh and the lunges, were with 25s or 35s, for 2 sets of 7(perleg)... so not hardcore at all. probably from not lifting legs in 2 months... hahaha.

Thanks man, good luck to you as well.

Still for some reason lunges are soo hard for me pain wise, i couldn't imagine another 100+ lbs while doing em.

These burritos actually taste really good too! Throw some salsa verde on it with some cheese and omnomnom
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

yeah dude freakin burritos! I had a buffalo chicken wrap, grilled chicken piece, and a salad today with some pineapple and corn. plus two cups of milk. yum yum yum.

and yeah, with the 25s it felt like my knees were gona blow off.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

yeah dude freakin burritos! I had a buffalo chicken wrap, grilled chicken piece, and a salad today with some pineapple and corn. plus two cups of milk. yum yum yum.

and yeah, with the 25s it felt like my knees were gona blow off.

Why does chicken make me so hungry right now as i just finished 3 burritos? LOL CHEERS TO FOOD!
  15. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.18%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I experimented with EDT briefly and didn't care for it too much

Reps for walking lunges! They are an amazing exercise that you just don't see people doing that often
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.18%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You fukers!!

Damn all this burrito talk!! I am on a cut diet dammit!!!! lol

I think I am gonna take out chicken and make some Mexican for dinner tonight now
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

because chicken is awesome!

haha josh I am cutting back too now, I was just cutting 2k off my bulk, getting ready for a harder cut. which I am starting... whenever I get the motivation today was a health day. so

and walking lunges are great, a guy I know who did some bodybuilding and was around for a while always did them some a few years ago. hes out in pittsburgh or something now, haha. no one lifts hard where I go anymore, except a few guys who show once ina while. ah well., time to hit it!
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

So great back workout tonite, I literally am going off of almost no caffeine. like 30 mg a day. hahaha. I was doing 175 on the tbars (7 25s going deep and strict form) for sets then did the Fascia stretching after like 5 of my lifts, it really burns. I did it on lat pull downs too. did 290x5, 180x6, and 90 pounds to pull up for 30 secs and then pulled it down and held it 30 seconds and I was sweating and like dying it hurt so bad. I deadlifted for the first time and bent over row for the first time since I got hurt. pretty awesome. I would put this in my log but no one is there :P hahaha.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

In reply to my DC routine: First off, I NEVER do the exact same thing. for example: If i do flat BB bench on monday, on friday i will do DB incline....etc

Here is an example of a weeks workout

Monday - Barbell Bench - warmup set of 12, warmup set of 10 followed by three sets of 8,5,3 with 12 breaths in between them all. I stretch in between each set and after my final set.

Reverse Grip Flat Bench Same as above

Incline DB Flys Same as above

Skull Crushers first set is 12 reps. second set 10 reps followed by a burnout of two sets of ten reps. stretching after

Squats same as flat bench

Calf Raises 20,15,10 not following DC style. 3 min break in between sets followed by stretching.

Wednesday - T Bar Rows Same as flat bench

EZ Bar Close Grip Curl Same as flat bench

Deadlifts Same as flat bench

Preacher Curl first set of 12, second set of 10 followed by a burnout of two sets

Wide Grip Pullups 2 sets to failure. 4 min rest in between sets

Friday - Incline DB Same as flat bench

Dips Same as flat bench

Sitting Hammer Strength Flys first set of 12, second set of 10, followed my a burnout of two sets

Reverse Grip Sitting Hammer Strength Extensions Same as flat bench

Leg Press 3x6

After I do DC for about 6 weeks, i go to my 4x/week routine to see where my strength really is. Its hard to notice strength gains during DC because you arent really resting in between sets. I like to break from DC every 6 weeks and see where I stand. This routine may not work for everybody, but my body has been responding very very well to it. any questions just post on here.

20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

lol I can't recover that fast, damn superhuman... 12 breathes? really? hahaha

thats pretty sweet man, definitely a dialed in workout.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

lol I can't recover that fast, damn superhuman... 12 breathes? really? hahaha

thats pretty sweet man, definitely a dialed in workout.
    thats the whole point. the 12 breath logic is straight from DC (at least the article that I saw).

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

thats the whole point. the 12 breath logic is straight from DC (at least the article that I saw).
    I probably missed that part, I just read the part about the stretching, and the sets to get the pump up which I think is the same point as the 12 breath, but I was takin more time between my initial sets and going heavier, gradually getting them closer then drop sets into it. like I did my tbars tonite like this:

125x10, 60 sec break. 175x7, 60 second break, 175x10, 45 second break, 175x6, straight into 125x6, into the pull stretch for 20ish, into the "row" stretch for as long as I could hold it. I found it awkward doing the pull stretch the way I planned for them, so I might have to find a new way to pull the rear delts haha. It is definitely tough.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

In reply to my DC routine: First off, I NEVER do the exact same thing. for example: If i do flat BB bench on monday, on friday i will do DB incline....etc

Monday - Barbell Bench - warmup set of 12, warmup set of 10 followed by three sets of 8,5,3 with 12 breaths in between them all. I stretch in between each set and after my final set.

Skull Crushers first set is 12 reps. second set 10 reps followed by a burnout of two sets of ten reps. stretching after

Calf Raises 20,15,10 not following DC style. 3 min break in between sets followed by stretching.

Preacher Curl first set of 12, second set of 10 followed by a burnout of two sets

Dips Same as flat bench

Sitting Hammer Strength Flys first set of 12, second set of 10, followed my a burnout of two sets

Leg Press 3x6

After I do DC for about 6 weeks, i go to my 4x/week routine to see where my strength really is. Its hard to notice strength gains during DC because you arent really resting in between sets. I like to break from DC every 6 weeks and see where I stand. This routine may not work for everybody, but my body has been responding very very well to it. any questions just post on here.

How has DC worked for you overall? Like do you use it with goals to gain strength only? Or does it help you gain some size? Or endurance maybe?
    I find that with my sports goals I have to really find programs that assist with sport specific movements/rep rhythm and rest periods....
    Just wondering if you think DC is good for a sport like MMA. Sorry to go off topic, but I'm just wondering.

OH one more thing, any idea if it's okay to do DC protocol with unilateral movements? I.E. doing then bench press ONE arm at a time?
    RecoverBro ELITE
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

I would think DC would be awesome for mma. then again it depends on fighting style too!

I don't train for sports anymore because I always get hurt and can't play, so I might as well stick with lifting. I was out my whole junior year of track and my whole senior year of football...
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%

I would think DC would be awesome for mma. then again it depends on fighting style too!

I don't train for sports anymore because I always get hurt and can't play, so I might as well stick with lifting. I was out my whole junior year of track and my whole senior year of football...
    Seems so, RP, static holds, ME, DE, even EDT for endurance while outputting max effort is needed for sports I'd think.... Hmm... But yea, I get injured a lot too. Last time I was in judo my senior year in HS I had to stop because while practicing sweeps a buddy of mine destroyed my blood vessels in my right shin... I had to keep my leg elevated for weeks because the blood would just pool in my foot....
    RecoverBro ELITE
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

Seems so, RP, static holds, ME, DE, even EDT for endurance while outputting max effort is needed for sports I'd think.... Hmm... But yea, I get injured a lot too. Last time I was in judo my senior year in HS I had to stop because while practicing sweeps a buddy of mine destroyed my blood vessels in my right shin... I had to keep my leg elevated for weeks because the blood would just pool in my foot....
    thats up there with the freakiest injurys. lol. howd he manage that?

having a pinched nerve doesnt feel too good either. I couldn't move for like 5 days til I could walk. lol.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.79%

thats up there with the freakiest injurys. lol. howd he manage that?

having a pinched nerve doesnt feel too good either. I couldn't move for like 5 days til I could walk. lol.

constant slamming of his foot to my shin.... Yea i have one in my back whenever I squat it freezes up my right hand.... haha.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Dips Same as flat bench

Leg Press 3x6

That's awesome looks really solid! I honestly have never tried R/P for higher reps like i have setup in my DC workouts but i'm willing to try it. I think i'll benefit a lot from these 14+ rep sets. This will be the ULTIMATE test to see if TUT really works for me or not. I literally cannot wait to do this workout tomorrow, the fact that it will be so hard makes me want to do it even more.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Diet Breakdown 10/3/11
    Calories: 4070
    Protein: 279
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

hahaha glad i could i help. oh, last thing. on chest day, sometimes ill throw in accessory shoulder lifts, but no presses.

31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

nice diet. I had a crazy hunger today so far, wow. too many calories at lunch. I need to watch myself. chest day today, if it off day for you tiny?
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

nice diet. I had a crazy hunger today so far, wow. too many calories at lunch. I need to watch myself. chest day today, if it off day for you tiny?
    Nope! DC workout A1 starts today leaving right now. With R/P Chest dips i'm probably gonna be adding at least 20lbs to them to hit the rep range i want
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.15%

Nope! DC workout A1 starts today leaving right now. With R/P Chest dips i'm probably gonna be adding at least 20lbs to them to hit the rep range i want
    sick. im on my way out too. chest here I come.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  34. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

off day for me. my chest workout is tomorrow. the one aspect about DC that nobody really talks about is that, for me at least, when i work out three times a week, i never get burnt out. i always wanna go. when i used to do 4-5x a week, i would get burnt out so easily cause i was going to much. DC keeps my intensity up.

35. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Holy f***in sh*t! I seriously will never train another way again, in 45 minutes i literally was on the verge of puking which is extremely hard for me to get to. The stretches were the hardest part pain wise but still got 40-45 seconds each stretch. I could have done the workout quicker but i had to figure out my weights first. That was so amazing, i'm definitely going up to 4500 calories now, I'm actually still pumped as i sit here! This is a first for me, I LOVE DC. THE CHALLENGE ASPECT IS ABSOLUTELY GIGANTIC AND I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY NEVER TRAIN ANOTHER WAY AGAIN
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Also, is it bad if i trained my chest/shoulders/tri's so hard that i have a lat pump by the end of the workout?.....
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.56%

Also, is it bad if i trained my chest/shoulders/tri's so hard that i have a lat pump by the end of the workout?.....
    I did this yesterday lol

late to the party but great log so far man
    -Jon-
    Applied Nutriceuticals Forum Representative - www.appnut.com
    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applied-Nutriceuticals/64122223218
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Quote Originally Posted by chubbarock View Post
    I did this yesterday lol

late to the party but great log so far man
    Glad to have ya man! I seriously can see myself gaining like crazy on this program now, The time under tension and weights are just insane. Plus the fact your doing so many different exercises makes it even better.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

glad you like DC. i love it (well, my version of it) haha

40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

DC Training A1 10/4/11
    Duration: 45 Minutes
    Mood: Excited
    Energy: Strong
    Other notes: Body weight at 233Lbs, Didn't do the 2 back movements since i trained back 2 days ago with R/P.
    Lifts
    Chest Dips-
    +55Lbs x 15 R/P *PR* Adding weight next workout
    DC Chest Fly Stretch 30Lbs @ 40-45 Seconds. *OUCH*
    Seated DB Overhead Press-
    50 x 27 R/P *PR* Adding weight next workout
    DC Shoulder Stretch 5th Bolt @ 45 Seconds.
    Close Grip Bench Press in Power-Rack-
    155 x 17 R/P *PR* Adding weight next workout
    DC Tri stretch on Power-Rack hole *easier to control stretch deeper* @ 45 Seconds.

3 sets/3 PR's

I didn't do 60 seconds stretching off the first workout because i want to slowly move up there. This workout was so intense i literally almost puked and right now i am absolutely exhausted muscle wise. Pumped up i'm looking HUGE it makes me want to train even harder and more! Body weight is finally moving up so i'll aim for 4200+ calories a day. I should see some epic progress doing DC and just this first workout convinced me, I literally don't want to listen to my MP3 because i like having all 100% of my focus on that 1 set which is fine for me. Next A1 workout should go a lot faster considering now i know my weights.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 521
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 12:25 AM
  2. what to stack with drive besides other appnut products
    By sanchezgreg18 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-18-2009, 12:26 PM