My off-season Cabergolean Log

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
  1. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Hey everyone i was MIA for awhile because i had my wedding ceremony and went on my honeymoon in new york been gone about 2 weeks with all the travel. Got back in the gym this week after about a 10 day break... only break i've had in about a year and it paid off joints feel much more fresh and refreashed mentally as well. Strength didn't really dip at all, i kind of expected it too because i wasn't able to keep my cals as high but it surprised me. I'll start posting some more workouts next week. I got promoted to assist manager at the supplement shop i'm working at so i'm not as free to post as i'd like to be but I'M BACK!
    Congrats man! I was wondering where you went. That is awesome. Once I got married I put on more size than ever. It made me much more disciplined. Best of luck to you!

    I haven't taken much more than 3 days off in a row in over a year I am probably do I just can't do it mentally!

  2. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Congrats man! I was wondering where you went. That is awesome. Once I got married I put on more size than ever. It made me much more disciplined. Best of luck to you!

    I haven't taken much more than 3 days off in a row in over a year I am probably do I just can't do it mentally!
    Thanks man! Yea my progression in bbing has been much better since i moved in with my wife she's just very supportive and helps make sure everthing is going smoothly..
    I didn't think i could do it mentally ether but you actually would enjoy it. lol It makes you really excited to get back in the gym but your body just feels better...it's nice not to wake up sore and joints cracking lol.
  3. Diamond Member
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,027
    Rep Power
    335102
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    9.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Thanks man! Yea my progression in bbing has been much better since i moved in with my wife she's just very supportive and helps make sure everthing is going smoothly..
    I didn't think i could do it mentally ether but you actually would enjoy it. lol It makes you really excited to get back in the gym but your body just feels better...it's nice not to wake up sore and joints cracking lol.
    I found that phrasing things better (My wife is actually japanese) that she has come full circle from becoming more "That's your hobby..." to "I wanna workout and be healthy too". I'm glad. My wife still doesn't know everything there is to know about nutrition etc. But now she is open minded and when she says she added this or that she always asks if it's okay and if there is anything else she can try to make it taste better etc.

    Congratz on your marriage. And here's to a great future!
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I found that phrasing things better (My wife is actually japanese) that she has come full circle from becoming more "That's your hobby..." to "I wanna workout and be healthy too". I'm glad. My wife still doesn't know everything there is to know about nutrition etc. But now she is open minded and when she says she added this or that she always asks if it's okay and if there is anything else she can try to make it taste better etc.

    Congratz on your marriage. And here's to a great future!
    Thanks man i appreciate it. That's cool that she's getting into it with you. My girl likes training not too big on diet lol but she is making better choices too.
  5. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Thanks man! Yea my progression in bbing has been much better since i moved in with my wife she's just very supportive and helps make sure everthing is going smoothly..
    I didn't think i could do it mentally ether but you actually would enjoy it. lol It makes you really excited to get back in the gym but your body just feels better...it's nice not to wake up sore and joints cracking lol.
    I think it is a mental barrier for me to take time off. Mentally I just can't make myself do it unless I am working with someone and they make me do it. I am not working with anyone till show prep and I know I am not getting time off then!
  6. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    I think it is a mental barrier for me to take time off. Mentally I just can't make myself do it unless I am working with someone and they make me do it. I am not working with anyone till show prep and I know I am not getting time off then!
    I can send you the email of someone pretty dang good at getting you retarded shredded If you have plans to work w/ someone already i understand
  7. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    2nd chest day back was pretty good
    Incline hammer 90 x 20, 180 x 20, 270 x 12, 360 x 10, 450 x 3
    (i jumped to 5 plates a side b/c i paused the last 2 reps w/ 4 plates at the bottom and really squeezed it up it was hard but i thought i'd get 6 with the extra plate... it felt a lil too heavy and decided not to push it any further than 3 reps..)
    flat db press 50 x 20, 70 x 16, 80 x 12, 10
    machine flys 20, 16, 12, 10
    dips 3 x 12 BW
    incline fly 15 x 25, 25 x 20, 35 x 16

    I really was focusing on stretch and squeeze after the incline hammers... didn't really go to failure on anything just kept going w/ the pump.

    I'm just using the ERGO-BLITZ right now i was useing the Cabergolean for about 3 months straight just gonna take a couple weeks off and then run it again for 3 months or so. I get such better sleep quality when i'm using it daily. mIss that
  8. New Member
    BigGunn's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  274 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    405
    Rep Power
    1149
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

    The "Win a Year's Supply..." promo ends tomorrow.- so stock up people on the most effective Intra-workout drink ever created- ERGO-BLITZ and the best GH Booster on the market- Cabergolean.
    BigGunn~"Just happy to be invited to the party!"
    Nutrigenomics Research Company [www.Cabergolean.com]
  9. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    814193
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    21.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp
    2nd chest day back was pretty good
    Incline hammer 90 x 20, 180 x 20, 270 x 12, 360 x 10, 450 x 3
    (i jumped to 5 plates a side b/c i paused the last 2 reps w/ 4 plates at the bottom and really squeezed it up it was hard but i thought i'd get 6 with the extra plate... it felt a lil too heavy and decided not to push it any further than 3 reps..)
    flat db press 50 x 20, 70 x 16, 80 x 12, 10
    machine flys 20, 16, 12, 10
    dips 3 x 12 BW
    incline fly 15 x 25, 25 x 20, 35 x 16

    I really was focusing on stretch and squeeze after the incline hammers... didn't really go to failure on anything just kept going w/ the pump.

    I'm just using the ERGO-BLITZ right now i was useing the Cabergolean for about 3 months straight just gonna take a couple weeks off and then run it again for 3 months or so. I get such better sleep quality when i'm using it daily. mIss that
    Good work man
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  10. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    2nd chest day back was pretty good
    Incline hammer 90 x 20, 180 x 20, 270 x 12, 360 x 10, 450 x 3
    (i jumped to 5 plates a side b/c i paused the last 2 reps w/ 4 plates at the bottom and really squeezed it up it was hard but i thought i'd get 6 with the extra plate... it felt a lil too heavy and decided not to push it any further than 3 reps..)
    flat db press 50 x 20, 70 x 16, 80 x 12, 10
    machine flys 20, 16, 12, 10
    dips 3 x 12 BW
    incline fly 15 x 25, 25 x 20, 35 x 16

    I really was focusing on stretch and squeeze after the incline hammers... didn't really go to failure on anything just kept going w/ the pump.

    I'm just using the ERGO-BLITZ right now i was useing the Cabergolean for about 3 months straight just gonna take a couple weeks off and then run it again for 3 months or so. I get such better sleep quality when i'm using it daily. mIss that
    No need to hit 450lbs after a 2 week break! Awesome lifts brotha
  11. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    I can send you the email of someone pretty dang good at getting you retarded shredded If you have plans to work w/ someone already i understand
    I wanted to work with Don but due to $$$ I had to go another route. I actually got into contact with Mike Arnold over at Muscular Development and he is going to do my show prep for cheap. Dude is smart! So is Don though haha
  12. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    I wanted to work with Don but due to $$$ I had to go another route. I actually got into contact with Mike Arnold over at Muscular Development and he is going to do my show prep for cheap. Dude is smart! So is Don though haha
    I like Mike, we've talked just on the forums here and there. I'm sure you'll be on point bro
  13. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    No need to hit 450lbs after a 2 week break! Awesome lifts brotha
    I have a part of me that says push to limit everytime you walk through the gym door... actually trying to back off a tad
  14. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    legs
    leg ext 4 sets
    leg press 8 plates x 20, 14 plates x 20, 20 plates x 20, 22 plates x 20
    smith squats 135 x 20, 225 x 16, 315 x 12, 405 x 10
    after last sets squats had a little bit of a throw up session lol
    one leg ext 4sets
    inner thigh abducter 4 sets
  15. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    I like Mike, we've talked just on the forums here and there. I'm sure you'll be on point bro
    Dude knows his stuff! He definitely helped me get in the right direction once I came out of my one year bodybuilding retirement haha

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    I have a part of me that says push to limit everytime you walk through the gym door... actually trying to back off a tad
    I wish I would have read this before I hit back last night! I knew I should have skipped deadlifts last night but I did it anyways. I can't practice what I preach
    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    legs
    leg ext 4 sets
    leg press 8 plates x 20, 14 plates x 20, 20 plates x 20, 22 plates x 20
    smith squats 135 x 20, 225 x 16, 315 x 12, 405 x 10
    after last sets squats had a little bit of a throw up session lol
    one leg ext 4sets
    inner thigh abducter 4 sets

    hahaha! That means it was a good leg session
  16. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    back


    Chins 4 sets
    bb rows 135 x 20, 225 x 16, 275 x 12, 315 x 10
    Close pull downs 4 sets ended at 140
    HS high row holding outside of levers 90 x 20 , 180 x 16, 280 x 12, 10
    cable rows 4 sets ended at 200 x 10

    Got all 20 sets done in about 40-45 min... really focused on squeeze and stretch today
  17. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Fast-paced workouts are the best!
  18. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Fast-paced workouts are the best!
    agreed!
    did chest in about 35 or 40 and did 18 sets.. still used pretty heavy weights incline db 115's x 12 reps
  19. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    agreed!
    did chest in about 35 or 40 and did 18 sets.. still used pretty heavy weights incline db 115's x 12 reps
    Thats how I do it! For me it just forces so much blood into the area it hurts
  20. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Thats how I do it! For me it just forces so much blood into the area it hurts
    esp w/ the ergo-blitz i love that stuff man... i decided to take a little break on the cabergolean i think i took for 3 months straight ... i want to put it back in tho.. i think i felt better when i was taking it daily
  21. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Ergo-blitz is great...definitely helped my workouts! I hear ya though I do much better when I do take the cabergolean than when I dont take it. I have also noticed really good energy in my workouts from eating a protein/fat meal pre-workout as opposed to a protein/carb meal. That being said the pump isn't as good but the overall energy is
  22. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Ergo-blitz is great...definitely helped my workouts! I hear ya though I do much better when I do take the cabergolean than when I dont take it. I have also noticed really good energy in my workouts from eating a protein/fat meal pre-workout as opposed to a protein/carb meal. That being said the pump isn't as good but the overall energy is
    Interesting bro.. i think it makes sense tho... fats and proteins are the essentials carbs are "non-essential" but they give a good pump and strength ... i noticed when i was dieting and starting carb loading all i wanted to do was sleep i felt like i was going into carb comas lol
  23. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Interesting bro.. i think it makes sense tho... fats and proteins are the essentials carbs are "non-essential" but they give a good pump and strength ... i noticed when i was dieting and starting carb loading all i wanted to do was sleep i felt like i was going into carb comas lol
    hahaha yep! I remember carb loading for my show and sleep was all I could do haha. I would wake up eat my meal, pose and sleep
  24. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    hahaha yep! I remember carb loading for my show and sleep was all I could do haha. I would wake up eat my meal, pose and sleep
    LOL i opted to pose every other meal and pass out half the time
  25. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    814193
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    21.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    hey guys check out my log.

    I dont have much to comment about shows and posing... hahaha.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  26. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    LOL i opted to pose every other meal and pass out half the time
    haha! I sleep the whole day backstage as well. My trainer always had to wake me up...Dude your on in 15 minutes wake up

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    hey guys check out my log.

    I dont have much to comment about shows and posing... hahaha.
    I will go check it out brotha!
  27. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    hey guys check out my log.

    I dont have much to comment about shows and posing... hahaha.
    all right will do bro
  28. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    814193
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    21.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    yeah buddy. damn everytime I see you guys and everyone doin legs I wish I could. I miss it haha.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  29. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Had a killer back workout today

    wide grip pulldowns 130 x 16, 160 x 12, 190 x 10, 220 x 8
    t-bar rows 2 plates x 20, 4 plates x 16, 6 plates x 13, 7 plates x 10 both pr's most reps w/6 most weight when i bumped to 7
    HS high row 90 x 20, 180 x 16, 230 x 12, 270 x 10
    HS row (high grip) 45 x 20, 90 x 16, 135 x 12, 180 x 10
    hypers 4 sets x 20
  30. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    yeah buddy. damn everytime I see you guys and everyone doin legs I wish I could. I miss it haha.
    Hang in there brotha! It definitely sucks to not be able to train a bodypart

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Had a killer back workout today

    wide grip pulldowns 130 x 16, 160 x 12, 190 x 10, 220 x 8
    t-bar rows 2 plates x 20, 4 plates x 16, 6 plates x 13, 7 plates x 10 both pr's most reps w/6 most weight when i bumped to 7
    HS high row 90 x 20, 180 x 16, 230 x 12, 270 x 10
    HS row (high grip) 45 x 20, 90 x 16, 135 x 12, 180 x 10
    hypers 4 sets x 20
    Big lifts!! I wish I was that strong at t-bar rows! For whatever reason I could never get into a good groove with those
  31. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Hang in there brotha! It definitely sucks to not be able to train a bodypart



    Big lifts!! I wish I was that strong at t-bar rows! For whatever reason I could never get into a good groove with those
    Honestly i think i have good body mechanics for the movement and maybe i'm just a bit of a freak on the t-bars lol... i'm pretty strong on barbell row too i have done 365 x 10 thats on NRC's facebook page i think... but i'm NOT super strong on all back movemetns like pulldowns and pullups i'm very average i think... so maybe just good at rows
  32. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Chest

    Incline HS press 90x20, 180x16, 270x12, 360x11, 360x7 drop set 180 x 8
    Flat db press 50 x 20, 65x 16, 80 x 12, 95 x 9
    incline fly 20 x 10, 30 x 16, 35 x 12, 40 x 10
    Cybex machine press (not sure of weight not labeled.. last set i had 2 pins left on stack x 8 reps)

    done in 40 min
  33. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Honestly i think i have good body mechanics for the movement and maybe i'm just a bit of a freak on the t-bars lol... i'm pretty strong on barbell row too i have done 365 x 10 thats on NRC's facebook page i think... but i'm NOT super strong on all back movemetns like pulldowns and pullups i'm very average i think... so maybe just good at rows
    I feel the same about myself. I am much stronger at my rowing movements than my pulling movements. Hell my pull-ups are awful. After 2 sets I just can't hit high reps anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    Chest

    Incline HS press 90x20, 180x16, 270x12, 360x11, 360x7 drop set 180 x 8
    Flat db press 50 x 20, 65x 16, 80 x 12, 95 x 9
    incline fly 20 x 10, 30 x 16, 35 x 12, 40 x 10
    Cybex machine press (not sure of weight not labeled.. last set i had 2 pins left on stack x 8 reps)

    done in 40 min
    Nice chest workout! Very strong incline!
  34. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    All right i'm having some pretty intense knee pain and have been dealing with it for a few weeks if i warm up for about 15 min on bike and about 15 min of light leg curls and leg ext and leg press in a circuit i can avoid pain while training and still train heavy... but my knees will kill me later... so i don't think this is the best route ... i've been training light for a few weeks... this week on tues i did leg presses as follows

    6plates x 25, 10 plates x 25, 14 plates x 25, 18 plates x 20.... i went up in weight to see how the pain differed and it was the same on the heaviest sets as it was on the lightest sets... Now i can handle 24-26 plates for around 15 reps so 18 isn't terribly heavy for me more moderate but i wanted to "test" out the knee a little...

    I guess i'm going to get a mri... i am taking a good 3 weeks off quad training as well... i want to get the mri just in case i might need anything done or at the very least get into phys therapy so i can figure out a way to train around the pain...

    ON a positive note i compared my current conditioning to what i looked like 6 weeks out from my show and i am leaner right now...no cardio and cals in the 4400 range. No doubt that Cabergolean is helping to make a difference in conditioning this time around
  35. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    All right i'm having some pretty intense knee pain and have been dealing with it for a few weeks if i warm up for about 15 min on bike and about 15 min of light leg curls and leg ext and leg press in a circuit i can avoid pain while training and still train heavy... but my knees will kill me later... so i don't think this is the best route ... i've been training light for a few weeks... this week on tues i did leg presses as follows

    6plates x 25, 10 plates x 25, 14 plates x 25, 18 plates x 20.... i went up in weight to see how the pain differed and it was the same on the heaviest sets as it was on the lightest sets... Now i can handle 24-26 plates for around 15 reps so 18 isn't terribly heavy for me more moderate but i wanted to "test" out the knee a little...

    I guess i'm going to get a mri... i am taking a good 3 weeks off quad training as well... i want to get the mri just in case i might need anything done or at the very least get into phys therapy so i can figure out a way to train around the pain...

    ON a positive note i compared my current conditioning to what i looked like 6 weeks out from my show and i am leaner right now...no cardio and cals in the 4400 range. No doubt that Cabergolean is helping to make a difference in conditioning this time around
    I had knee surgery almost 4 years ago. Good news is 8 months later I was on stage! It only took me out of commision for a short period of time. I hope this is not the case for you! If you take a couple weeks off and get it straightened out it might even benefit you. You have been going hard for awhile now maybe a little rest will grow the quads! Awesome job staying lean brotha! That is a great place to be for sure. You will be shreddedddddd next time you compete. What are your future show plans?
  36. Elite Member
    CountryLiftin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,415
    Rep Power
    814193
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    21.51%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yeah bro don't be like mean and really break yourself ! Haha. Hope the MRI with the knee goes well. Rest and heal that sucker up.
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/226478-country-gets-huge.html#post3905023
  37. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Yeah bro don't be like mean and really break yourself ! Haha. Hope the MRI with the knee goes well. Rest and heal that sucker up.
    Hopefully rest does the trick!

    Mike have you done any research on it yet?
  38. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    Yeah bro don't be like mean and really break yourself ! Haha. Hope the MRI with the knee goes well. Rest and heal that sucker up.
    THanks man i appreciate that
    Quote Originally Posted by benawesome View Post
    Hopefully rest does the trick!

    Mike have you done any research on it yet?
    I haven't had anything done yet.. i've been diligent about taking joint supps and i'm using a msm glucosamine cream at night on knees and when i start training quads again i am going to put biofreeze on them before the training session and i have neopreme knee wraps there not supports but they heat the knee up i want it was warm as possible..

    I am going to go see the Doc and get a referred for a MRI i just want to know for sure whats going on if anything... I know it could be just everyday wear and tear pain in that case rest is only option.. I have read that if they need to be "scoped" ( not sure if thats right termanology) that it would be just a few weeks recovery... i know it would take a little longer for training to get full swing but not the end of the world.
  39. New Member
    SizeUp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

    My diet changed this weekend... kinda drastically... if the right lighting you can see splits all thru legs and little cross filiments firing.. The gym in my home town has a mirror in exercise room lighting is perfect gives u a better idea what you're looking at.. Anyway that where u could see that my conditioning is great so we decided to use my lighting metab to my advantage.. carbs will be near 850 my protein will be constant around 350 and fats i'll be shooting for 100.... battle plan made.. time to execute.
  40. New Member
    benawesome's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    191
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    25.96%

    850g of carbs! I just bloated up 10lbs thinking about that haha man I cannot eat that many carbs without spilling over into fat. Does he have you taking any sort of glucose support supplement?

    Also about the scope in the knee - I was in the gym 4 days after mine on my crutches. I would crutch over to the db's then roll it to my bench. As for lower body i was squatting again about 1 month after
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Don't get KO'd by the Flu this season!
    By DNA in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
  2. The next season of TUF,season 7.
    By Dr Nick in forum MMA
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 12:42 PM
  3. TUF season 4
    By Pit Bull in forum MMA
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2005, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in