MidwestBeast's SNS TTA-500 Log (sponsored)

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

  1. that sounds delicious man! Nicely done

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    that sounds delicious man! Nicely done
    It is phenomenal. Honestly, I could get by on that as a dessert for the rest of my life and not need anything that's actually bad for me. I think it'll be a regular for me.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       

  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

    Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

    We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

    I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

    All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

    We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  4. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

    Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

    We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

    I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

    All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

    We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.
    You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take
    Haha oh no, man, I completely agree. Pills don't bother me. And I'm stuck taking meds the rest of my life one way or another, but what I was referring to was more the fact that this instance results in completely shutting your natural thyroid down (at least at some point, as best as I understand it) and there's the catabolic effects, as well.

    I'm certainly happy to know what it is and get it fixed
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    6/25/11 - Arms



    Olympic Bar Curls: 65x15/85x12/105x12/110x12/110x12/90x15
    DB Hammer Curls: 65's x 12 / x 12 / 75's x 12 / x 12 / 25's x 12 (very slow)
    Overhead Ring Curls: 70x15/x15/x15/x15

    Straight-bar Tri Pushdowns: 150x15/170x15/190x15/190x15
    Overhead Tri Rope Extension/Roll: 125x12/x12/x12/x12
    Reverse Ring Curl: 40x15x15x15 (all done very slowly and contraction held)

    Reverse Wrist Rolls: 95x25/105x20/115x20
    DB Wrist Curls: 30x10/x10


    Total Workout Time: 82 Minutes



    This was definitely the best arm workout I've had since being back and they were looking very full, swollen and pumped today. I took 1.5 scoops of Adamantium + 2g LCLT + 3.5g Creatine Nitrate pre-workout, which I'll say is a phenomenal combo when going non-stim.

    Brought my numbers up at least on one or two sets for all lifts that were repeated from my last arm session since being back from Hawaii. It was dead in the gym today, which I always enjoy. I just got into the zone. I was really feeling some TobyMac, too:



    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    After church yesterday, I just stuck around the house. I wasn't in the zone to bring legs home, so I'm gonna hit them tonight along with delts/traps after my session with the chiropractor after work.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  8. How do you like the extra 2g of LCLT? I have been contemplating on adding it as a staple
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    How do you like the extra 2g of LCLT? I have been contemplating on adding it as a staple
    I haven't tried it without it, yet, so it's hard to say. One of these workouts, I'll go without the extra LCLT and see if I notice a difference. It's cheap enough that it doesn't seem like a waste, at least.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  10. To be honest I didn't notice much from LCLT - but it seems to be doing more in the background than anything else. It's cleaning your receptors amongst other things....one of those supplements you should buy in bulk and stay on for a while

  11. I have played around w lilt for years now

    I honestly like altar as much


    Both are good!

  12. Beast, clear that PM box homie, I got a few links for ya

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I haven't tried it without it, yet, so it's hard to say. One of these workouts, I'll go without the extra LCLT and see if I notice a difference. It's cheap enough that it doesn't seem like a waste, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    To be honest I didn't notice much from LCLT - but it seems to be doing more in the background than anything else. It's cleaning your receptors amongst other things....one of those supplements you should buy in bulk and stay on for a while
    I've heard a lot of recommendations saying it is good to be used on cycle also as it increases androgen receptor density. I like it combined with DAA (as in Adamantium), gives me a good pump during workouts also.

    Maybe I'll have to try it during my winter cycle to see if it "helps out"
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkHalf View Post
    To be honest I didn't notice much from LCLT - but it seems to be doing more in the background than anything else. It's cleaning your receptors amongst other things....one of those supplements you should buy in bulk and stay on for a while
    I agree. I think it's one of those compounds that's not instantly noticed. Based on what I've read/heard, it's worth using for a while just to see, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScienceGuided View Post
    I have played around w lilt for years now

    I honestly like altar as much


    Both are good!
    I'm having a mild brain lapse at the moment; can you share what those compounds are?

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Beast, clear that PM box homie, I got a few links for ya
    lol I didn't realize I had that many (first time I've let it actually fill to capacity). Donezo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    I've heard a lot of recommendations saying it is good to be used on cycle also as it increases androgen receptor density. I like it combined with DAA (as in Adamantium), gives me a good pump during workouts also.

    Maybe I'll have to try it during my winter cycle to see if it "helps out"
    I'll definitely use LCLT whenever I choose to cycle just for the potential of added androgen activity. Beastdrol has the LCLT added in and a lot of people say they notice it as being one of the best SD products out there, so it could certainly make sense.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    6/27/11 - Legs/Delts/Traps




    Solo Leg Extensions: 60x15/90x15/105x15/120x15/135x10/135x10
    Standing DB Shoulder Press: 45's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 55's x 15 / 60's x 15
    Seated Leg Curls: 100x15/115x15/130x15/130x15/130x15
    DB Side Laterals: 50's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 60's x 15 / 60's x 15
    Seated Calf Extensions: 255x20/255x20/255x20/255x20 (stack maxed out)
    Smith Machine Shrugs (bar in front): 270x20/270x20/270x20


    Total Workout Time: 64 minutes




    The two delt workouts were supersetted into my first two leg workouts. Numbers on both extensions and curls went up across each set, so that's good. In all honesty, I was feeling sick down in the pit of my chest, so I didn't push the workout past what I did. On top of that, my right knee felt bruised right around the 3rd set or so of the extensions right off the bat. I shouldn't have even pushed that many sets past, but I did. There was no way I was going to squat or press, though, with that tweaked the way it was. I've done that before and I'd rather have one subpar workout than be sidelined for weeks.

    It's odd, though, because the feeling in my chest reminds me of not having eaten enough, yet my metabolism still hasn't bounced to where it needs to be. So I've got the worst of both worlds lol. I've got the slow metabolism, but I get the feeling that my body has burned through its energy sources almost instantly.





    6/28/11 - Basketball for ~2 hours


    This was the longest we've played over at the church, yet. We only had 5 again, so it was 2 on 2 and one person would sit. I played the first game and was horribly winded. This is the second time I've played since being back from Hawaii and I took last week off because I worked late. It's also the first time I've played since I stopped taking my T4 on Saturday. I had a throbbing pain in the right side of my stomach, which had me a bit worried. I opted to sit the 2nd game just because I couldn't play through even if I wanted to. After that, though, it was enough time for me to cool down and feel good. I didn't sit the rest of the time and played another 4 or 5 games (maybe 6, I don't know how many lol) and felt surprisingly good the rest of the way.

    I had two 32 oz Gatorades with 12g of 4:1:1 BCAAs added into each that I drank throughout. I used to try to not take in the extra sugar, but when I play basketball, I don't care anymore and honestly, I need it.

    Overall it felt great, though.



    I called the doctor's office yesterday and they said that my blood results were, in fact, in (from being done just shy of 2 weeks ago). I asked if they could fax the results to me and she said yes, but not until the doctor had looked at it first. So, not only have I been waiting 2 weeks for them to get processed and back, but now that they are, they won't let me look at them before the doctor does. I'm not too happy about that, but getting upset doesn't do any good. I'm going to call again this afternoon and ask if I don't hear from them first. I'll be polite, but will basically tell them that this is my well-being we're talking about and I just want to know what the results show.

    As much as I don't like the idea of being on T3 for life, it still would explain everything and I would know what I'm actually dealing with. That being said, I was praying last night before I went to bed that these tests would confirm that.

    I'll update when I know anything.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    6/29/11 - Chest




    Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/225x10/245x7/255x5/265x3/225x10/185x10
    Bench Press: 225x10/245x8/265x5/275x4/225x8
    Decline DB Bench Press: 90's x 12 / 90's x 12 / 90's x 12




    Inclines felt great. Numbers and strength went up from last week and I'm slowly getting back to where my strength was on it before leaving for Hawaii (i.e. at my all-time best). After 8 sets on incline, I was pretty worthless on flat bench. Also, I started getting sore in my left front delt, and I didn't realize until after that I'd just done delts/traps between my leg work on Monday, so that was pretty short rest for me to hit chest.

    Not a phenomenal day by any means, but the additional strength on incline was nice.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  17. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    6/29/11 - Chest




    Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/225x10/245x7/255x5/265x3/225x10/185x10
    Bench Press: 225x10/245x8/265x5/275x4/225x8
    Decline DB Bench Press: 90's x 12 / 90's x 12 / 90's x 12




    Inclines felt great. Numbers and strength went up from last week and I'm slowly getting back to where my strength was on it before leaving for Hawaii (i.e. at my all-time best). After 8 sets on incline, I was pretty worthless on flat bench. Also, I started getting sore in my left front delt, and I didn't realize until after that I'd just done delts/traps between my leg work on Monday, so that was pretty short rest for me to hit chest.

    Not a phenomenal day by any means, but the additional strength on incline was nice.
    Awesome numbers bro! Any word back from the doc?
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Awesome numbers bro! Any word back from the doc?
    Thanks, bud. And no, no word. Called and left a message and then called 3 more times without getting through. I will be calling them first thing in the morning and all day long until they give me something.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  19. i'm sorry homie. I can imagine the frustration....no really i CAN, lol. But you got the right idea, def don't feel bad about calling and calling until you get something out of them. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you get something from them tommorrow, AND that it's enough info to let us tackle this, which you know we will as soon as we know what we're dealing with.


    US vs. thyroid problems
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    i'm sorry homie. I can imagine the frustration....no really i CAN, lol. But you got the right idea, def don't feel bad about calling and calling until you get something out of them. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you get something from them tommorrow, AND that it's enough info to let us tackle this, which you know we will as soon as we know what we're dealing with.


    US vs. thyroid problems
    Haha, thanks, buddy. I wish I could rep that post like 10 times.

    You'll be one of the first to know when I hear from them. As always, it makes it a little easier with you in my corner, man.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

  21. best of luck on the news I know this def has to suck to say the least

  22. Great logging thus far. Best of luck to you with everything and I always enjoy your posts. I'm running TTA-550 now 1 pre and post work out and 2 more through the day. Making it a staple in my competition cut.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  23. A bulk supplier in the UK has started stocking TTA so I am following this closely as I have never used a supplement with it in. Good luck ol' friend!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.
    I saw you say something about struggling with what was going on so had a flick through your thread as not to be ignorant and dismissive. I think I said something about an LPHC imbalance in your last log?!

    If you are "clutching at straws" with thyroid issues you could look into a heavy metal toxicity test. I have not read through details on what you are suffering from but thought I would put this out there for you to look into. I know someone with suspected thyroid issues and he struggles to lose fat irrespective of what he does, despite him being one of the most knowledgeable PTs in his city. Interestingly the only thing that has worked for him is the cryotherapy technique from 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. Worth looking into as it is one of the cheapest tricks you will find to help you lose fat (you don't have to buy anything). Check the book if you have it, fascinating section for us geeks.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    best of luck on the news I know this def has to suck to say the least
    Thanks, bud. It's appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Great logging thus far. Best of luck to you with everything and I always enjoy your posts. I'm running TTA-550 now 1 pre and post work out and 2 more through the day. Making it a staple in my competition cut.
    Thanks, man. I'm surely not doing this product justice given the external circumstances currently outside of my control. That said, I plan on keeping in close touch with the SNS guys to make sure I can pick up some more TTA on my own dime before it gets the axe, if that does in fact happen, to use down the road to really test it out. I feel it deserves that much. The appetite suppression is definitely still noticeable, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    A bulk supplier in the UK has started stocking TTA so I am following this closely as I have never used a supplement with it in. Good luck ol' friend!
    I think it's certainly worth looking into

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    I saw you say something about struggling with what was going on so had a flick through your thread as not to be ignorant and dismissive. I think I said something about an LPHC imbalance in your last log?!

    If you are "clutching at straws" with thyroid issues you could look into a heavy metal toxicity test. I have not read through details on what you are suffering from but thought I would put this out there for you to look into. I know someone with suspected thyroid issues and he struggles to lose fat irrespective of what he does, despite him being one of the most knowledgeable PTs in his city. Interestingly the only thing that has worked for him is the cryotherapy technique from 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. Worth looking into as it is one of the cheapest tricks you will find to help you lose fat (you don't have to buy anything). Check the book if you have it, fascinating section for us geeks.
    I am definitely unfamiliar with that, but I'll look into it for sure. If you have any links or such, please send 'em my way

    I'll be on the phone in between appointments at work all day long trying to make contact with my doctor's office to get my results so I can know if my assumptions are right about reverse T3 or if I'm just completely off base.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MidwestBeast's NTBM Better Protein Bar Review (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. MidwestBeast's APS Testalensis 100 Log (Sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
  3. MidwestBeast's (new!) CL Purple Psyko Log (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
  4. MidwestBeast's L.I.T. UP Review (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Log in
Log in