MidwestBeast's SNS TTA-500 Log (sponsored)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, with or without thyroid issues, TTA still increases lipolysis. its a much more direct mechanism of action on the fat cells from what I recall, rather than a thyroid mediated effect. I could be misremembering, it was like 3-4 years ago I researched it heavily

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man you got me wanting to throw some things in just to see if it would do any good at all. I have a huge stash of supps I need to use up eventually. Stuff like heat and dcp etc.. But I'm torn, I dont know whether to try some of them and see if I can get a tiny bit of benefit out of them while trying to fix things, or if that is just a waste and I should wait until my thyroid problems are fixed and THEN use them up to get the real benefit.

Maybe I'll wait a bit and see if you manage to get anything out of TTA. And I hope you do man.
Wait. It's incredibly hard to restrain yourself, but do lol. You have no idea how badly I want to run all the things I have. But, why waste good product when it's not going to work to its full potential? It's disappointing enough to think back to how much we wasted beforehand when we didn't know we had thyroid problems. I hope TTA proves to live up to the cult following, as well.

I'll run this log for the duration and I'll also soon be running Titanium+Adamantium for Athletix, too. My bloodwork that is currently still out will determine what I'll do next. If it's reverse T3, then I'll stay the course and halt anything else until that's resolved. If indeed, the current dose of T4 is working and it just took this long to build up, then I'll likely dive into that bin of goodies and go balls out.

well, with or without thyroid issues, TTA still increases lipolysis. its a much more direct mechanism of action on the fat cells from what I recall, rather than a thyroid mediated effect. I could be misremembering, it was like 3-4 years ago I researched it heavily
I like the sound of that. Thanks for that, Easy.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Wait. It's incredibly hard to restrain yourself, but do lol. You have no idea how badly I want to run all the things I have. But, why waste good product when it's not going to work to its full potential? It's disappointing enough to think back to how much we wasted beforehand when we didn't know we had thyroid problems. I hope TTA proves to live up to the cult following, as well.

I'll run this log for the duration and I'll also soon be running Titanium+Adamantium for Athletix, too. My bloodwork that is currently still out will determine what I'll do next. If it's reverse T3, then I'll stay the course and halt anything else until that's resolved. If indeed, the current dose of T4 is working and it just took this long to build up, then I'll likely dive into that bin of goodies and go balls out.

I like the sound of that. Thanks for that, Easy.
Yah, it's especially hard to restrain from a pre workout, argh! But it will make it all that much sweeter when we are comfortable adding stuff back in. I think you said your most current tsh came back close to 2?

I know it's all pretty subjective, but do you think you have gotten worse (as in symptoms ie, weight gain etc..) since you started the T4? If high reverse t3 is your problem like me, then the T4 would of, or could have actually made it worse, since it would have all gotten converted into reverse t3.

That's kind of how I discovered my problem, I was on T3 for about a week and my temps went up and started feeling a bit better, so I tried to add in some T4 instead, and lower the T3 dose, and I immediately got worse, within a day or two.

Waiting for labs is torture man I know. Hopefully you get some helpful news one way or another. I'm sure you will, I got a good feeling about it bro

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah, it's especially hard to restrain from a pre workout, argh! But it will make it all that much sweeter when we are comfortable adding stuff back in. I think you said your most current tsh came back close to 2?

I know it's all pretty subjective, but do you think you have gotten worse (as in symptoms ie, weight gain etc..) since you started the T4? If high reverse t3 is your problem like me, then the T4 would of, or could have actually made it worse, since it would have all gotten converted into reverse t3.

That's kind of how I discovered my problem, I was on T3 for about a week and my temps went up and started feeling a bit better, so I tried to add in some T4 instead, and lower the T3 dose, and I immediately got worse, within a day or two.

Waiting for labs is torture man I know. Hopefully you get some helpful news one way or another. I'm sure you will, I got a good feeling about it bro
I hear you, bro. It's weird to think how reliant we are on the pre-workouts. It's hard for me to remember working out without one back in the day. Yeah, my new TSH panel shows me at 1.8, so if it's legit, it's good.

I don't know if I'd say I've gotten worse since starting or not. I know I haven't gotten better by any means. My weight has essentially been the same (right around 240) the entire 4+ months I've been on T4. What I can say, though, is that recently I've started to have slightly better energy levels. However, that could very likely be due to my stim break nearing the one-month mark and that balancing itself out (while taking Revamp for adrenal function and NOW's Thyroid Energy to help with getting more vitamins/minerals in for thyroid function). I've also been using that iodine you told me about since last Tuesday (so like 10 days, now). I was going to stop it, since it would make RT3 even worse, but until I know if that's it, I figure I'll keep it, because maybe if I don't have RT3, it's just what I need to help trigger everything.

Since I haven't used T3 at all, I don't have a comparison point; I almost am tempted to, but we'll leave that for whenever I find out on the lab work rather than mess with anything at the moment. I'm actually not worried about waiting for the labs this time. In fact, I've been relaxed a bit more lately (which I actually attribute more than anything else to the girl I'm talking to). I've been stressed out for like 4 straight months about this alone (not to mention other things), so that's obviously not conducive to fat-loss by any means.

I've got a good feeling as well. Not sure if it's about finding out that I have RT3 or that what I'm on is actually going to work. But, I have a sense of peace about it, finally (for the moment lol). Getting to talk with you about it has certainly helped that significantly.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/17/11 - Back

Pullups: x15/x15/x15/x10+5
Bent-over BB Rows: 145x15/x12/x10/x8
T-Bar Rows: 135x15/140x12/x10/x8
Solo DB Rows: 70x15/x12/x10/x8
Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10
Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10

Total Workout Time: 58 minutes

The workout felt good, tonight. I ended up going in late, again, which was nice -- less people to worry about and more able to focus. I took 4g LCLT and a sample of Ragnok caffeine-free. I was very pleased with it. I was planning on doing the stim-break pre-workouts with just a variety of bulk products, but I may have to break down and purchase something. It was much more focused tonight.

I'm still not pleased with the numbers compared to what I normally put up. However, I increased weight on all lifts except for the pulldowns (both variations). My game plan is to add the minimal amount of weight each week while maintaining strict form. That is the big key on this. My right lat comes down a little bit lower than my left and my left shoulder is rolled a bit forward -- I'm trying to fix all of this. I may see a chiropractor soon, too.

I'm slowly starting to get the gym swagger back, which is great. When this song came on, tonight, it was lights out:

Around the 1:20 mark; when it comes on, I just go nuts and want to beat my chest like I'm a gorilla. Love getting that amped up.

It's not great, since I shot it myself and couldn't pose as well as I'd like, but here's a shot of my back after the workout:

0617012025a1.jpg

and also a shot of chest after that workout the other night:

0615011730a.jpg

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
lookin swole man. You put me to shame, lol. Just think how sweet you'll look when you get everything straightened out and are able to cut up.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good bro. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
lookin swole man. You put me to shame, lol. Just think how sweet you'll look when you get everything straightened out and are able to cut up.
Thanks, guys. Got to find the positives wherever I can.

And Makaveli, you say I put you to shame? Says the dude repping out 405 when I can barely push 250 on bench at the moment lol!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, I took yesterday off. I barely ate, actually. Got in ~200g protein and hardly anything else. Despite that, I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lol. I'm not sure if my meds really are working or not; we'll see. With my TSH going from 5.67 to 1.88, I find it hard to believe that my metabolism isn't kicking up any.

Today I hit legs with a little arm action in there, too.

6/19/11 - Legs/Arms

Solo Leg Extensions: 55x15/85x15/100x15/115x15/130x10/130x10
DB Curls: 30's x 15 / 35's x 15 / 40's x 15 / 45's x 15
Seated Leg Curls: 95x15/110x15/125x15/125x15/125x15
Incline Skull Crushers: 65x15/75x15/85x15/95x15
Squats: 185x10/225x8/275x6/275x8
Seated Calf Raises: 200x20/200x30/200x30/200x25
Hip Adductor/Abductor: 155x15/155x15 (each)

Total Workout Time: 68 Minutes

I was super-setting the arm workouts in between legs; same with calves, abductors, etc. I also wore a second sock on my left foot (padded) to see if that would help with the leg being slightly longer. It's hard to say at this point. I felt like I was ready to puke by the time I was done. Again, not impressed with the numbers at all right now; particularly squats, but it is very slow and perfect form. Even at my best, my squats were always lower than what I'd like. Although, I also haven't been lifting legs as dedicated over the years as I have everything else.

In order to take a shot in the dark and see if this does any good, today will be my last day of gluten (since the words Hashimotos thyroiditis were brought up, albeit incorrectly, a few days ago). I'm grasping at straws, no doubt, but looking for anything I can. So, I'll be getting all of my carbs from fruits and vegetables for the time being and they'll be limited to lifting days only and still pretty minimal on days other than arms and legs (the two groups I want to grow the most). The only exception to that will be gatorade when I play basketball. I think I'll also plan on doing IF, again. I did it for 4 weeks before with 0 results, but it just seems like it'll be easier for me right now.

I'm kind of hoping the blood work comes in to show that I have reverse T3, because that would give me a sign of what to do, whereas 8 weeks on 112mcg of T4 (after 10 weeks on 50mcg of T4) hasn't allowed me to lose any weight and I clearly don't have the body recomposition going on that I should.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
So, I took yesterday off. I barely ate, actually. Got in ~200g protein and hardly anything else. Despite that, I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lol. I'm not sure if my meds really are working or not; we'll see. With my TSH going from 5.67 to 1.88, I find it hard to believe that my metabolism isn't kicking up any.

Today I hit legs with a little arm action in there, too.

6/19/11 - Legs/Arms

Solo Leg Extensions: 55x15/85x15/100x15/115x15/130x10/130x10
DB Curls: 30's x 15 / 35's x 15 / 40's x 15 / 45's x 15
Seated Leg Curls: 95x15/110x15/125x15/125x15/125x15
Incline Skull Crushers: 65x15/75x15/85x15/95x15
Squats: 185x10/225x8/275x6/275x8
Seated Calf Raises: 200x20/200x30/200x30/200x25
Hip Adductor/Abductor: 155x15/155x15 (each)

Total Workout Time: 68 Minutes

I was super-setting the arm workouts in between legs; same with calves, abductors, etc. I also wore a second sock on my left foot (padded) to see if that would help with the leg being slightly longer. It's hard to say at this point. I felt like I was ready to puke by the time I was done. Again, not impressed with the numbers at all right now; particularly squats, but it is very slow and perfect form. Even at my best, my squats were always lower than what I'd like. Although, I also haven't been lifting legs as dedicated over the years as I have everything else.

In order to take a shot in the dark and see if this does any good, today will be my last day of gluten (since the words Hashimotos thyroiditis were brought up, albeit incorrectly, a few days ago). I'm grasping at straws, no doubt, but looking for anything I can. So, I'll be getting all of my carbs from fruits and vegetables for the time being and they'll be limited to lifting days only and still pretty minimal on days other than arms and legs (the two groups I want to grow the most). The only exception to that will be gatorade when I play basketball. I think I'll also plan on doing IF, again. I did it for 4 weeks before with 0 results, but it just seems like it'll be easier for me right now.

I'm kind of hoping the blood work comes in to show that I have reverse T3, because that would give me a sign of what to do, whereas 8 weeks on 112mcg of T4 (after 10 weeks on 50mcg of T4) hasn't allowed me to lose any weight and I clearly don't have the body recomposition going on that I should.

aaaah, man, you're trying everything I tried bro :(

I took a shot in the dark at the whole maybe it's gluten/celliac related myself. Or ANY food type allergy for that matter, I mean I was reaching too man, I was desperate. I even went as far as buying a humongous dehumidifier for the house in hopes it was some type of allergy, and bought all hypoallergenic detergent/fabric softener, hahaha. Anyway, long story short, nothing to do with gluten/celliac, however I will say that my stomach and digestive system feels much better since I went semi primal with my diet. My carbs all come from red skin potatoes and veggies. It really keeps the PH of your stomach down as well, and I haven't had a bout of acid reflux ever since.

If it's reverse t3, TSH is basically irrelevant. a 1.8 isn't bad, I mean it isn't like awesome, but it certainly wouldn't classify as hypo. My TSH was actually even lower than yours, it was a 1.21, which is actually pretty decent, but my reverse T3 was off the charts. There is a med that the name of escapes me atm, but it administered to people with true hyperthyroidism that cannot gain weight, I don't mean like hard gainers, I mean even worse than that. Anyway it's given to them to block the T3 from acting on the bodies cells allowing the person to gain weight and not look malnourished. Anyways....a study done on reverse t3 showed it was actually 100 times more powerful at blocking t3 from entering the bodies cells than this medicine was. Obviously....NOT GOOD.

Whenever you get those tests back or get a hint of what direction you think you need to take, you know I got your back bro 100 percent, I can help you out with t3 only dosages if you come to that bridge and need to cross it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
aaaah, man, you're trying everything I tried bro :(

I took a shot in the dark at the whole maybe it's gluten/celliac related myself. Or ANY food type allergy for that matter, I mean I was reaching too man, I was desperate. I even went as far as buying a humongous dehumidifier for the house in hopes it was some type of allergy, and bought all hypoallergenic detergent/fabric softener, hahaha. Anyway, long story short, nothing to do with gluten/celliac, however I will say that my stomach and digestive system feels much better since I went semi primal with my diet. My carbs all come from red skin potatoes and veggies. It really keeps the PH of your stomach down as well, and I haven't had a bout of acid reflux ever since.

If it's reverse t3, TSH is basically irrelevant. a 1.8 isn't bad, I mean it isn't like awesome, but it certainly wouldn't classify as hypo. My TSH was actually even lower than yours, it was a 1.21, which is actually pretty decent, but my reverse T3 was off the charts. There is a med that the name of escapes me atm, but it administered to people with true hyperthyroidism that cannot gain weight, I don't mean like hard gainers, I mean even worse than that. Anyway it's given to them to block the T3 from acting on the bodies cells allowing the person to gain weight and not look malnourished. Anyways....a study done on reverse t3 showed it was actually 100 times more powerful at blocking t3 from entering the bodies cells than this medicine was. Obviously....NOT GOOD.

Whenever you get those tests back or get a hint of what direction you think you need to take, you know I got your back bro 100 percent, I can help you out with t3 only dosages if you come to that bridge and need to cross it.
Haha, it's funny isn't it? We watch everyone else on the forums make changes (be they big or small) and see success and we try everything in the book and can't move an inch. I was feeling really good for a while and thinking that this must be right, but I've got my fingers crossed it's reverse t3 at this point. Because even if it takes months to have it moving in the right direction, it only takes 6 weeks for T4 levels to stabilize, so I've already passed that mark by 2 weeks and am getting nothing. But, in the meantime, I'll be going for strength gains until I get my bloodwork back.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I was tempted to just make the switch to power lifting since clearly I have little control over body composition lol. Although, I'm at my weakest right now after that vacation and I don't want that stress on my joints; plus, I can't abandon the bodybuilding thing. It's what I've wanted (officially) since June of 09.

And this just seems healthier for the time being; so I'm going to try it for a while and bring the other carbs back in (probably sooner than later).

Time to ride it out a few days til the bloodwork comes in.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not so hairless but for a sasquatch you are bald lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, I ended up taking yesterday off. Since I get off work at 3, I figured I'd just knock out my workout today, instead, and then go play ball at the church. Go figure that today I had a student keep me way late for my final appointment and on top of that, I got pulled into another little meeting where one of my students' mothers decided to call and complain about something. Needless to say, I got out of work an hour and a half late. Well, with my legs being sore from Sunday and the fact that cardio is useless to me, currently, I didn't want to skip my lift. So, no basketball tonight, but a decent delts/traps workout.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)
BB Shrugs (bar behind back): 295x15/295x15/295x14/295x13/225x16
DB Shrugs: 90's x 25 / 90's x 30

Total Workout Time: 60 minutes

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

So, today I added in the Adamantium pre-workout and Titanium, as well (at the minimum 2 caps per day). What I will say is that I plan on buying a bottle of TTA on my own and saving it for whenever my thyroid order is completely sorted out, so I can run it then and do it full justice.

Tomorrow is chest.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
All right, I ended up taking yesterday off. Since I get off work at 3, I figured I'd just knock out my workout today, instead, and then go play ball at the church. Go figure that today I had a student keep me way late for my final appointment and on top of that, I got pulled into another little meeting where one of my students' mothers decided to call and complain about something. Needless to say, I got out of work an hour and a half late. Well, with my legs being sore from Sunday and the fact that cardio is useless to me, currently, I didn't want to skip my lift. So, no basketball tonight, but a decent delts/traps workout.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

So, today I added in the Adamantium pre-workout and Titanium, as well (at the minimum 2 caps per day). What I will say is that I plan on buying a bottle of TTA on my own and saving it for whenever my thyroid order is completely sorted out, so I can run it then and do it full justice.

Tomorrow is chest.
nice workout man! An ego boost is always nice, and everyone needs one once in a while, particularly atm. Rest assured you look still look awesome and swole bro. Do you always train traps with delts? I've gone back and forth on the issue for literally like 5 years lol. I'm 50/50 on whether they should be trained with shoulders or back. My problem is my back day is the day after my shoulder day, so if I throw them in on shoulder day, and then go for deads or powercleans the next day on back day...forget about it, lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice workout man! An ego boost is always nice, and everyone needs one once in a while, particularly atm. Rest assured you look still look awesome and swole bro. Do you always train traps with delts? I've gone back and forth on the issue for literally like 5 years lol. I'm 50/50 on whether they should be trained with shoulders or back. My problem is my back day is the day after my shoulder day, so if I throw them in on shoulder day, and then go for deads or powercleans the next day on back day...forget about it, lol.
Thanks, buddy.

It was needed now as much as ever, haha. My arms feel so freakin small right now that it's killin me, haha. I plan on recomping whenever it's sorted and eating high cals on my leg and arm days to make them grow and low on everything else.

I have been training traps with delts for a good couple years, now (switched on rare occasions, of course). My traps are pretty resilient, so I hit them hard on delts day and they're fine whenever I deadlift, too. The split I've been following for a while now is:

Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Legs
Delts/Traps
OFF
Chest
Back
OFF

(abs thrown in where necessary)

I've found that for a 5 day split, that separates everything pretty perfectly in terms of time off. And my traps are definitely one of my better muscle groups.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Tomorrow is chest.
Solid workout bruther! :thumbsup:
And I hear ya on the Adamantium :D Stuff gave me great intensity :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really been looking at adding Adamantium to my line but awfully tight right now! Hopefully I can sell another custom table or something to check it out!
Won't be long there big dog and you'll be back to the solid numbers as before! (Not that what you're doing now isn't!)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Solid workout bruther! :thumbsup:
And I hear ya on the Adamantium :D Stuff gave me great intensity :)
Thanks, bro :D

Definitely solid intensity/focus for not being loaded with stims.

Really been looking at adding Adamantium to my line but awfully tight right now! Hopefully I can sell another custom table or something to check it out!
Won't be long there big dog and you'll be back to the solid numbers as before! (Not that what you're doing now isn't!)
I'll be sure to be as detailed as I can in sharing my findings on it in order to help everyone else out. Given that I've been off stims, I should be able to sense things pretty well. And thanks for the kind words, man. You don't think you lift all that much until you take a break, fall back a ways and realize what you had been doing wasn't all that shabby.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, so here are some updates:

- I took the gym off on Wednesday and Thursday. If I'm following my normal split, those would be chest and back days, respectively, with Friday off. I'll be hitting both on Friday, instead. I'll likely not hit chest all that much as upper chest development is the biggest concern I have with my chest.

- In all honesty, it's just stemmed from the whole thyroid thing and my desire to be in the gym isn't gone by any means, but it isn't AS driven as it is when I'm getting results (or at least wasn't aware that I wasn't making any progress). It doesn't seem to matter what or how much I eat or what I do lifting or cardio wise, the scale and mirror just don't budge (aside from short term muscle pumps post-gym). My mindset turned a BIT toward that I'm not gonna be so OCD on everything as I normally am when my body id working against me. This doesn't mean I won't be trying or working hard at all; just not as strict as I normally am.

- I called the endo's office today and they said my bloodwork from a week ago won't be in until some time next week. I was hoping it would be sooner, but it's all in God's time. I'm trying to be patient.

- I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/24/11 - Chest & Back

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/205x10/245x6/255x4/225x10/185x10
Bench Press: 225x12/275x5/225x8
Decline DB Bench Press: 75's x 13 / 85's x 14 / 85's x 15

Bent-over Rows: 155x15/x12/x10/x8 (supersetted with pullups)
Pullups: x8/x8/x7/x8
T-Bar Rows: 145x15/x12/x10/x8
Seated Rows (wide/neutral grip): 140x15/160x12/180x10/200x8

Chest numbers are getting back up there slowly. It's also noticeable when I'm pressing, the imbalances I have in my back from the imbalance in my pelvis. I normally draw my shoulderblades in tight and have that foundation underneath me to be able to press more, but the imbalance has left me with a little bit more muscle on one side of my upper back than the other, so the presses are off balance.

Anyway, number are slowly coming back up. It wasn't the best workout ever, but they're getting back to where they used to be.

I'm on my way to hit arms in a few minutes.

Thursday night I went ahead and mixed up Layne Norton's cheesecake recipe, except I doubled it because I bought a 9"x13" cake pan instead of a 9" pie pan lol. I had bought enough to fix 2 cheesecakes, so I figured I'd just double it up, anyway. I also added in extra protein and here's what my version consists of:

- 8 large eggs
- 4lbs fat free cheese cake
- 2 cups splenda
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 scoops Tru-Nutrition vanilla Isology protein

Mix it all up with an electric beater in a large bowl. Pour it into the cake pan (fills it almost to the top). Have the oven pre-heated to 350 and then place the pan in for an hour. It'll brown up a bit on the top and when you pull it out at an hour it'll feel a bit undone in the middle, still (if you tap the top of it, it'll jiggle like fat). Let the pan cool enough that you can stick it in the fridge (or if you have metal racks, put it in immediately) for several hours.

I added a tad bit more on the vanilla, cinnamon and milk. None are anything worth mentioning; might be just a few drops of each and maybe 1/3 cup more of milk.

The macros I ended up with for this mixture are:

2,652 calories
40g fat
141g carbs
432g protein

0623012147a.jpg

It turned out absolutely delicious. It's incredibly filling, too, which is surprising for it only being 260 calories if you cut it into 10 pieces (they're BIG pieces, too -- 4g fat/14g carb/42g protein). Topping it with light Cool Whip is really good and what's also really good is adding some natural peanut butter on top of it, too.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
that sounds delicious man! Nicely done :biggthumpup:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that sounds delicious man! Nicely done :biggthumpup:
It is phenomenal. Honestly, I could get by on that as a dessert for the rest of my life and not need anything that's actually bad for me. I think it'll be a regular for me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.
You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take :)
Haha oh no, man, I completely agree. Pills don't bother me. And I'm stuck taking meds the rest of my life one way or another, but what I was referring to was more the fact that this instance results in completely shutting your natural thyroid down (at least at some point, as best as I understand it) and there's the catabolic effects, as well.

I'm certainly happy to know what it is and get it fixed :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/25/11 - Arms

Olympic Bar Curls: 65x15/85x12/105x12/110x12/110x12/90x15
DB Hammer Curls: 65's x 12 / x 12 / 75's x 12 / x 12 / 25's x 12 (very slow)
Overhead Ring Curls: 70x15/x15/x15/x15

Straight-bar Tri Pushdowns: 150x15/170x15/190x15/190x15
Overhead Tri Rope Extension/Roll: 125x12/x12/x12/x12
Reverse Ring Curl: 40x15x15x15 (all done very slowly and contraction held)

Reverse Wrist Rolls: 95x25/105x20/115x20
DB Wrist Curls: 30x10/x10

Total Workout Time: 82 Minutes

This was definitely the best arm workout I've had since being back and they were looking very full, swollen and pumped today. I took 1.5 scoops of Adamantium + 2g LCLT + 3.5g Creatine Nitrate pre-workout, which I'll say is a phenomenal combo when going non-stim.

Brought my numbers up at least on one or two sets for all lifts that were repeated from my last arm session since being back from Hawaii. It was dead in the gym today, which I always enjoy. I just got into the zone. I was really feeling some TobyMac, too:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
After church yesterday, I just stuck around the house. I wasn't in the zone to bring legs home, so I'm gonna hit them tonight along with delts/traps after my session with the chiropractor after work.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you like the extra 2g of LCLT? I have been contemplating on adding it as a staple :thinking:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you like the extra 2g of LCLT? I have been contemplating on adding it as a staple :thinking:
I haven't tried it without it, yet, so it's hard to say. One of these workouts, I'll go without the extra LCLT and see if I notice a difference. It's cheap enough that it doesn't seem like a waste, at least.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
To be honest I didn't notice much from LCLT - but it seems to be doing more in the background than anything else. It's cleaning your receptors amongst other things....one of those supplements you should buy in bulk and stay on for a while

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I have played around w lilt for years now

I honestly like altar as much

Both are good!

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Beast, clear that PM box homie, I got a few links for ya

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried it without it, yet, so it's hard to say. One of these workouts, I'll go without the extra LCLT and see if I notice a difference. It's cheap enough that it doesn't seem like a waste, at least.
To be honest I didn't notice much from LCLT - but it seems to be doing more in the background than anything else. It's cleaning your receptors amongst other things....one of those supplements you should buy in bulk and stay on for a while
I've heard a lot of recommendations saying it is good to be used on cycle also as it increases androgen receptor density. I like it combined with DAA (as in Adamantium), gives me a good pump during workouts also.

Maybe I'll have to try it during my winter cycle to see if it "helps out" :think:

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. I think it's one of those compounds that's not instantly noticed. Based on what I've read/heard, it's worth using for a while just to see, though.

I have played around w lilt for years now

I honestly like altar as much

Both are good!
I'm having a mild brain lapse at the moment; can you share what those compounds are?

Beast, clear that PM box homie, I got a few links for ya
lol I didn't realize I had that many (first time I've let it actually fill to capacity). Donezo.

I've heard a lot of recommendations saying it is good to be used on cycle also as it increases androgen receptor density. I like it combined with DAA (as in Adamantium), gives me a good pump during workouts also.

Maybe I'll have to try it during my winter cycle to see if it "helps out" :think:
I'll definitely use LCLT whenever I choose to cycle just for the potential of added androgen activity. Beastdrol has the LCLT added in and a lot of people say they notice it as being one of the best SD products out there, so it could certainly make sense.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/27/11 - Legs/Delts/Traps

Solo Leg Extensions: 60x15/90x15/105x15/120x15/135x10/135x10
Standing DB Shoulder Press: 45's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 55's x 15 / 60's x 15
Seated Leg Curls: 100x15/115x15/130x15/130x15/130x15
DB Side Laterals: 50's x 15 / 50's x 15 / 60's x 15 / 60's x 15
Seated Calf Extensions: 255x20/255x20/255x20/255x20 (stack maxed out)
Smith Machine Shrugs (bar in front): 270x20/270x20/270x20

Total Workout Time: 64 minutes

The two delt workouts were supersetted into my first two leg workouts. Numbers on both extensions and curls went up across each set, so that's good. In all honesty, I was feeling sick down in the pit of my chest, so I didn't push the workout past what I did. On top of that, my right knee felt bruised right around the 3rd set or so of the extensions right off the bat. I shouldn't have even pushed that many sets past, but I did. There was no way I was going to squat or press, though, with that tweaked the way it was. I've done that before and I'd rather have one subpar workout than be sidelined for weeks.

It's odd, though, because the feeling in my chest reminds me of not having eaten enough, yet my metabolism still hasn't bounced to where it needs to be. So I've got the worst of both worlds lol. I've got the slow metabolism, but I get the feeling that my body has burned through its energy sources almost instantly.

6/28/11 - Basketball for ~2 hours

This was the longest we've played over at the church, yet. We only had 5 again, so it was 2 on 2 and one person would sit. I played the first game and was horribly winded. This is the second time I've played since being back from Hawaii and I took last week off because I worked late. It's also the first time I've played since I stopped taking my T4 on Saturday. I had a throbbing pain in the right side of my stomach, which had me a bit worried. I opted to sit the 2nd game just because I couldn't play through even if I wanted to. After that, though, it was enough time for me to cool down and feel good. I didn't sit the rest of the time and played another 4 or 5 games (maybe 6, I don't know how many lol) and felt surprisingly good the rest of the way.

I had two 32 oz Gatorades with 12g of 4:1:1 BCAAs added into each that I drank throughout. I used to try to not take in the extra sugar, but when I play basketball, I don't care anymore and honestly, I need it.

Overall it felt great, though.

I called the doctor's office yesterday and they said that my blood results were, in fact, in (from being done just shy of 2 weeks ago). I asked if they could fax the results to me and she said yes, but not until the doctor had looked at it first. So, not only have I been waiting 2 weeks for them to get processed and back, but now that they are, they won't let me look at them before the doctor does. I'm not too happy about that, but getting upset doesn't do any good. I'm going to call again this afternoon and ask if I don't hear from them first. I'll be polite, but will basically tell them that this is my well-being we're talking about and I just want to know what the results show.

As much as I don't like the idea of being on T3 for life, it still would explain everything and I would know what I'm actually dealing with. That being said, I was praying last night before I went to bed that these tests would confirm that.

I'll update when I know anything.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6/29/11 - Chest

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/225x10/245x7/255x5/265x3/225x10/185x10
Bench Press: 225x10/245x8/265x5/275x4/225x8
Decline DB Bench Press: 90's x 12 / 90's x 12 / 90's x 12

Inclines felt great. Numbers and strength went up from last week and I'm slowly getting back to where my strength was on it before leaving for Hawaii (i.e. at my all-time best). After 8 sets on incline, I was pretty worthless on flat bench. Also, I started getting sore in my left front delt, and I didn't realize until after that I'd just done delts/traps between my leg work on Monday, so that was pretty short rest for me to hit chest.

Not a phenomenal day by any means, but the additional strength on incline was nice.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
6/29/11 - Chest

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/225x10/245x7/255x5/265x3/225x10/185x10
Bench Press: 225x10/245x8/265x5/275x4/225x8
Decline DB Bench Press: 90's x 12 / 90's x 12 / 90's x 12

Inclines felt great. Numbers and strength went up from last week and I'm slowly getting back to where my strength was on it before leaving for Hawaii (i.e. at my all-time best). After 8 sets on incline, I was pretty worthless on flat bench. Also, I started getting sore in my left front delt, and I didn't realize until after that I'd just done delts/traps between my leg work on Monday, so that was pretty short rest for me to hit chest.

Not a phenomenal day by any means, but the additional strength on incline was nice.
Awesome numbers bro! Any word back from the doc?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome numbers bro! Any word back from the doc?
Thanks, bud. And no, no word. Called and left a message and then called 3 more times without getting through. I will be calling them first thing in the morning and all day long until they give me something.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
i'm sorry homie. I can imagine the frustration....no really i CAN, lol. But you got the right idea, def don't feel bad about calling and calling until you get something out of them. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you get something from them tommorrow, AND that it's enough info to let us tackle this, which you know we will as soon as we know what we're dealing with.

:hitwithrock:
US vs. thyroid problems

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm sorry homie. I can imagine the frustration....no really i CAN, lol. But you got the right idea, def don't feel bad about calling and calling until you get something out of them. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you get something from them tommorrow, AND that it's enough info to let us tackle this, which you know we will as soon as we know what we're dealing with.

:hitwithrock:
US vs. thyroid problems
Haha, thanks, buddy. I wish I could rep that post like 10 times.

You'll be one of the first to know when I hear from them. As always, it makes it a little easier with you in my corner, man.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
best of luck on the news I know this def has to suck to say the least

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Great logging thus far. Best of luck to you with everything and I always enjoy your posts. I'm running TTA-550 now 1 pre and post work out and 2 more through the day. Making it a staple in my competition cut.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A bulk supplier in the UK has started stocking TTA so I am following this closely as I have never used a supplement with it in. Good luck ol' friend! :)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.
I saw you say something about struggling with what was going on so had a flick through your thread as not to be ignorant and dismissive. I think I said something about an LPHC imbalance in your last log?!

If you are "clutching at straws" with thyroid issues you could look into a heavy metal toxicity test. I have not read through details on what you are suffering from but thought I would put this out there for you to look into. I know someone with suspected thyroid issues and he struggles to lose fat irrespective of what he does, despite him being one of the most knowledgeable PTs in his city. Interestingly the only thing that has worked for him is the cryotherapy technique from 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. Worth looking into as it is one of the cheapest tricks you will find to help you lose fat (you don't have to buy anything). Check the book if you have it, fascinating section for us geeks. :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
best of luck on the news I know this def has to suck to say the least
Thanks, bud. It's appreciated.

Great logging thus far. Best of luck to you with everything and I always enjoy your posts. I'm running TTA-550 now 1 pre and post work out and 2 more through the day. Making it a staple in my competition cut.
Thanks, man. I'm surely not doing this product justice given the external circumstances currently outside of my control. That said, I plan on keeping in close touch with the SNS guys to make sure I can pick up some more TTA on my own dime before it gets the axe, if that does in fact happen, to use down the road to really test it out. I feel it deserves that much. The appetite suppression is definitely still noticeable, though.

A bulk supplier in the UK has started stocking TTA so I am following this closely as I have never used a supplement with it in. Good luck ol' friend! :)
I think it's certainly worth looking into ;)

I saw you say something about struggling with what was going on so had a flick through your thread as not to be ignorant and dismissive. I think I said something about an LPHC imbalance in your last log?!

If you are "clutching at straws" with thyroid issues you could look into a heavy metal toxicity test. I have not read through details on what you are suffering from but thought I would put this out there for you to look into. I know someone with suspected thyroid issues and he struggles to lose fat irrespective of what he does, despite him being one of the most knowledgeable PTs in his city. Interestingly the only thing that has worked for him is the cryotherapy technique from 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferris. Worth looking into as it is one of the cheapest tricks you will find to help you lose fat (you don't have to buy anything). Check the book if you have it, fascinating section for us geeks. :)
I am definitely unfamiliar with that, but I'll look into it for sure. If you have any links or such, please send 'em my way :)

I'll be on the phone in between appointments at work all day long trying to make contact with my doctor's office to get my results so I can know if my assumptions are right about reverse T3 or if I'm just completely off base.