MidwestBeast's SNS TTA-500 Log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Nice log man. Keep up the battle. I'm not looking forward to my upcoming stim break...

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    Sounds like you had a productive dr's visit bro. I'm glad to know you got all those tests done, that should most certainly be VITAL info in getting to the bottom of things and getting it all straightened out. I'm especially curious to here your iron levels and reverse t3.

Your battle is my battle man, you know I'm right there with ya with getting back on track. Let me know how those tests come out.
    Thanks, bro. It was definitely a great visit. The only endo in my town was booked til mid June when I called back in April. So, I decided to try one in the city. He happened to be the first one listed in network, so I called and they got me in on April 20th -- 2 months sooner lol. I ended up reading some reviews on him online a day or two before going up and they were very negative. Not even one good one to counter-balance it. However, I felt like I needed to still go and he turned out to be an awesome guy and was even looking at my test being part of the issue -- nice to find someone who doesn't just say in-range is acceptable.

Anyway, he was out, so I met with a nurse practitioner. Again, I was a bit worried, but she turned out to be awesome. She seemed very willing to listen to me and work with me knowing that I'd done so much research. I should have tried to get her to sign off on test, too, to see what it would read with no test boosters or anything having been used in like a month lol.

I told her about knowing a guy who had the reverse T3 issue and how our stories were like mirror images. I told her even if this is to just rule it out, then it would put my mind at ease, but I'd kick myself if I waited and never checked. We've got this thing, man. I'll definitely post what I find out whenever the results come in, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Nice log man. Keep up the battle. I'm not looking forward to my upcoming stim break...
    Thanks, bud! And yeah, the stim break blows. I've done a 4-weeker and 5-weeker so far (April of last year and sometime around last Summer or Fall). I hadn't taken a real break from stims in several years, though, since starting pre-workouts that are jam-packed with them. One of my main worries was adrenal fatigue (sensitivity levels are definitely shot; no doubt about that) and how that may have cortisol levels working against my thyroid and the T4. I plan on going at least 12 weeks without stims. We'll see what I find out and if I have to, I'll stay off longer. Workouts suck without my normal pre-workouts so far, though.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

Coming off stims totally suck. I recently came off ECA and 1,3Dimeth and I felt like sh!t after that. Started dosing 1 scoop Focus XT per day after that and I am good again (I don't count caffeine as a stim, I drink too much coffee every day either way )
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteConny View Post
    Coming off stims totally suck. I recently came off ECA and 1,3Dimeth and I felt like sh!t after that. Started dosing 1 scoop Focus XT per day after that and I am good again (I don't count caffeine as a stim, I drink too much coffee every day either way )
    Yeah, man, it blows.

I would rather not count caffeine, but I'd ran E/C twice, so I was taking in 600mg caffeine/day right there, on top of whatever was in the pre-workout of choice at the time. Nothing just felt the way it used to and I had probably gone close to 3 years or more of not adhering to labels (can't say I ever read the 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off portion of any product). 4 weeks off and 5 weeks off did nothing, so here's to seeing if 12 does it. And if it doesn't, based on 1 scoop of a pre-workout, I'll just keep breaking.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

600mg of caffeine daily But regarding your past I'd say a break is much needed to let your CNS rest - good call
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

600mg of caffeine daily But regarding your past I'd say a break is much needed to let your CNS rest - good call
    lol 200mg caffeine + 25mg ephedrine 3x/day +400-500mg EGCg 2x/day

The first time I ran it, I shredded up pretty good without even having proper nutrition back then; just ate clean and much less.

However, tried it again (after one of my stim breaks) and with much more nutritional knowledge and got squat from it.

I always laugh whenever someone (namely women at my office or my mother) talks about how a soda or coffee keeps them up at night or wired for a whole day and I say "I wish."
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I always laugh whenever someone (namely women at my office or my mother) talks about how a soda or coffee keeps them up at night or wired for a whole day and I say "I wish."
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I can drink a cappuccino and go right to bed after. Just for laughs, progress using tta so far has been 4 to 5 pounds lost since Monday. The prior week I was on vacation and had gained around 7 pounds, ans its almost gone already.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I can drink a cappuccino and go right to bed after. Just for laughs, progress using tta so far has been 4 to 5 pounds lost since Monday. The prior week I was on vacation and had gained around 7 pounds, ans its almost gone already.
    lol I'm in the same boat as you (except I hate coffee lol). My weight the past 3 days has gone from 240->236.8->238. We'll see how it goes for the long haul. According to labs, my body should be in perfect condition to function properly, now, but I'll feel more confident when I get labs back next week to rule out other things.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

man you got me wanting to throw some things in just to see if it would do any good at all. I have a huge stash of supps I need to use up eventually. Stuff like heat and dcp etc.. But I'm torn, I dont know whether to try some of them and see if I can get a tiny bit of benefit out of them while trying to fix things, or if that is just a waste and I should wait until my thyroid problems are fixed and THEN use them up to get the real benefit.

Maybe I'll wait a bit and see if you manage to get anything out of TTA. And I hope you do man.
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.92%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

well, with or without thyroid issues, TTA still increases lipolysis. its a much more direct mechanism of action on the fat cells from what I recall, rather than a thyroid mediated effect. I could be misremembering, it was like 3-4 years ago I researched it heavily
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

man you got me wanting to throw some things in just to see if it would do any good at all. I have a huge stash of supps I need to use up eventually. Stuff like heat and dcp etc.. But I'm torn, I dont know whether to try some of them and see if I can get a tiny bit of benefit out of them while trying to fix things, or if that is just a waste and I should wait until my thyroid problems are fixed and THEN use them up to get the real benefit.

Maybe I'll wait a bit and see if you manage to get anything out of TTA. And I hope you do man.
    Wait. It's incredibly hard to restrain yourself, but do lol. You have no idea how badly I want to run all the things I have. But, why waste good product when it's not going to work to its full potential? It's disappointing enough to think back to how much we wasted beforehand when we didn't know we had thyroid problems. I hope TTA proves to live up to the cult following, as well.

I'll run this log for the duration and I'll also soon be running Titanium+Adamantium for Athletix, too. My bloodwork that is currently still out will determine what I'll do next. If it's reverse T3, then I'll stay the course and halt anything else until that's resolved. If indeed, the current dose of T4 is working and it just took this long to build up, then I'll likely dive into that bin of goodies and go balls out.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, with or without thyroid issues, TTA still increases lipolysis. its a much more direct mechanism of action on the fat cells from what I recall, rather than a thyroid mediated effect. I could be misremembering, it was like 3-4 years ago I researched it heavily
    I like the sound of that. Thanks for that, Easy.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Time for me to catch up.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Time for me to catch up.
    Name:  ketchup.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  15.4 KB
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Wait. It's incredibly hard to restrain yourself, but do lol. You have no idea how badly I want to run all the things I have. But, why waste good product when it's not going to work to its full potential? It's disappointing enough to think back to how much we wasted beforehand when we didn't know we had thyroid problems. I hope TTA proves to live up to the cult following, as well.

I'll run this log for the duration and I'll also soon be running Titanium+Adamantium for Athletix, too. My bloodwork that is currently still out will determine what I'll do next. If it's reverse T3, then I'll stay the course and halt anything else until that's resolved. If indeed, the current dose of T4 is working and it just took this long to build up, then I'll likely dive into that bin of goodies and go balls out.

I like the sound of that. Thanks for that, Easy.
    Yah, it's especially hard to restrain from a pre workout, argh! But it will make it all that much sweeter when we are comfortable adding stuff back in. I think you said your most current tsh came back close to 2?

I know it's all pretty subjective, but do you think you have gotten worse (as in symptoms ie, weight gain etc..) since you started the T4? If high reverse t3 is your problem like me, then the T4 would of, or could have actually made it worse, since it would have all gotten converted into reverse t3.

That's kind of how I discovered my problem, I was on T3 for about a week and my temps went up and started feeling a bit better, so I tried to add in some T4 instead, and lower the T3 dose, and I immediately got worse, within a day or two.

Waiting for labs is torture man I know. Hopefully you get some helpful news one way or another. I'm sure you will, I got a good feeling about it bro
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Yah, it's especially hard to restrain from a pre workout, argh! But it will make it all that much sweeter when we are comfortable adding stuff back in. I think you said your most current tsh came back close to 2?

I know it's all pretty subjective, but do you think you have gotten worse (as in symptoms ie, weight gain etc..) since you started the T4? If high reverse t3 is your problem like me, then the T4 would of, or could have actually made it worse, since it would have all gotten converted into reverse t3.

That's kind of how I discovered my problem, I was on T3 for about a week and my temps went up and started feeling a bit better, so I tried to add in some T4 instead, and lower the T3 dose, and I immediately got worse, within a day or two.

Waiting for labs is torture man I know. Hopefully you get some helpful news one way or another. I'm sure you will, I got a good feeling about it bro
    I hear you, bro. It's weird to think how reliant we are on the pre-workouts. It's hard for me to remember working out without one back in the day. Yeah, my new TSH panel shows me at 1.8, so if it's legit, it's good.

I don't know if I'd say I've gotten worse since starting or not. I know I haven't gotten better by any means. My weight has essentially been the same (right around 240) the entire 4+ months I've been on T4. What I can say, though, is that recently I've started to have slightly better energy levels. However, that could very likely be due to my stim break nearing the one-month mark and that balancing itself out (while taking Revamp for adrenal function and NOW's Thyroid Energy to help with getting more vitamins/minerals in for thyroid function). I've also been using that iodine you told me about since last Tuesday (so like 10 days, now). I was going to stop it, since it would make RT3 even worse, but until I know if that's it, I figure I'll keep it, because maybe if I don't have RT3, it's just what I need to help trigger everything.

Since I haven't used T3 at all, I don't have a comparison point; I almost am tempted to, but we'll leave that for whenever I find out on the lab work rather than mess with anything at the moment. I'm actually not worried about waiting for the labs this time. In fact, I've been relaxed a bit more lately (which I actually attribute more than anything else to the girl I'm talking to). I've been stressed out for like 4 straight months about this alone (not to mention other things), so that's obviously not conducive to fat-loss by any means.

I've got a good feeling as well. Not sure if it's about finding out that I have RT3 or that what I'm on is actually going to work. But, I have a sense of peace about it, finally (for the moment lol). Getting to talk with you about it has certainly helped that significantly.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

6/17/11 - Back

Pullups: x15/x15/x15/x10+5
    Bent-over BB Rows: 145x15/x12/x10/x8
    T-Bar Rows: 135x15/140x12/x10/x8
    Solo DB Rows: 70x15/x12/x10/x8
    Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10
    Lat Pulldowns: 140x15/x12/x10

Total Workout Time: 58 minutes

The workout felt good, tonight. I ended up going in late, again, which was nice -- less people to worry about and more able to focus. I took 4g LCLT and a sample of Ragnok caffeine-free. I was very pleased with it. I was planning on doing the stim-break pre-workouts with just a variety of bulk products, but I may have to break down and purchase something. It was much more focused tonight.

I'm still not pleased with the numbers compared to what I normally put up. However, I increased weight on all lifts except for the pulldowns (both variations). My game plan is to add the minimal amount of weight each week while maintaining strict form. That is the big key on this. My right lat comes down a little bit lower than my left and my left shoulder is rolled a bit forward -- I'm trying to fix all of this. I may see a chiropractor soon, too.

I'm slowly starting to get the gym swagger back, which is great. When this song came on, tonight, it was lights out:

Around the 1:20 mark; when it comes on, I just go nuts and want to beat my chest like I'm a gorilla. Love getting that amped up.

It's not great, since I shot it myself and couldn't pose as well as I'd like, but here's a shot of my back after the workout:

Name:  0617012025a1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  172.3 KB

and also a shot of chest after that workout the other night:

Name:  0615011730a.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  151.5 KB
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.83%

Looking good bro. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

lookin swole man. You put me to shame, lol. Just think how sweet you'll look when you get everything straightened out and are able to cut up.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Looking good bro. I hope you get the answers you're looking for.
    lookin swole man. You put me to shame, lol. Just think how sweet you'll look when you get everything straightened out and are able to cut up.
    Thanks, guys. Got to find the positives wherever I can.

And Makaveli, you say I put you to shame? Says the dude repping out 405 when I can barely push 250 on bench at the moment lol!
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

So, I took yesterday off. I barely ate, actually. Got in ~200g protein and hardly anything else. Despite that, I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lol. I'm not sure if my meds really are working or not; we'll see. With my TSH going from 5.67 to 1.88, I find it hard to believe that my metabolism isn't kicking up any.

Today I hit legs with a little arm action in there, too.

6/19/11 - Legs/Arms

Solo Leg Extensions: 55x15/85x15/100x15/115x15/130x10/130x10
    DB Curls: 30's x 15 / 35's x 15 / 40's x 15 / 45's x 15
    Seated Leg Curls: 95x15/110x15/125x15/125x15/125x15
    Incline Skull Crushers: 65x15/75x15/85x15/95x15
    Squats: 185x10/225x8/275x6/275x8
    Seated Calf Raises: 200x20/200x30/200x30/200x25
    Hip Adductor/Abductor: 155x15/155x15 (each)

Total Workout Time: 68 Minutes

I was super-setting the arm workouts in between legs; same with calves, abductors, etc. I also wore a second sock on my left foot (padded) to see if that would help with the leg being slightly longer. It's hard to say at this point. I felt like I was ready to puke by the time I was done. Again, not impressed with the numbers at all right now; particularly squats, but it is very slow and perfect form. Even at my best, my squats were always lower than what I'd like. Although, I also haven't been lifting legs as dedicated over the years as I have everything else.

In order to take a shot in the dark and see if this does any good, today will be my last day of gluten (since the words Hashimotos thyroiditis were brought up, albeit incorrectly, a few days ago). I'm grasping at straws, no doubt, but looking for anything I can. So, I'll be getting all of my carbs from fruits and vegetables for the time being and they'll be limited to lifting days only and still pretty minimal on days other than arms and legs (the two groups I want to grow the most). The only exception to that will be gatorade when I play basketball. I think I'll also plan on doing IF, again. I did it for 4 weeks before with 0 results, but it just seems like it'll be easier for me right now.

I'm kind of hoping the blood work comes in to show that I have reverse T3, because that would give me a sign of what to do, whereas 8 weeks on 112mcg of T4 (after 10 weeks on 50mcg of T4) hasn't allowed me to lose any weight and I clearly don't have the body recomposition going on that I should.
  22. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

So, I took yesterday off. I barely ate, actually. Got in ~200g protein and hardly anything else. Despite that, I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lol. I'm not sure if my meds really are working or not; we'll see. With my TSH going from 5.67 to 1.88, I find it hard to believe that my metabolism isn't kicking up any.

Today I hit legs with a little arm action in there, too.

6/19/11 - Legs/Arms

Solo Leg Extensions: 55x15/85x15/100x15/115x15/130x10/130x10
    DB Curls: 30's x 15 / 35's x 15 / 40's x 15 / 45's x 15
    Seated Leg Curls: 95x15/110x15/125x15/125x15/125x15
    Incline Skull Crushers: 65x15/75x15/85x15/95x15
    Squats: 185x10/225x8/275x6/275x8
    Seated Calf Raises: 200x20/200x30/200x30/200x25
    Hip Adductor/Abductor: 155x15/155x15 (each)

Total Workout Time: 68 Minutes

I was super-setting the arm workouts in between legs; same with calves, abductors, etc. I also wore a second sock on my left foot (padded) to see if that would help with the leg being slightly longer. It's hard to say at this point. I felt like I was ready to puke by the time I was done. Again, not impressed with the numbers at all right now; particularly squats, but it is very slow and perfect form. Even at my best, my squats were always lower than what I'd like. Although, I also haven't been lifting legs as dedicated over the years as I have everything else.

In order to take a shot in the dark and see if this does any good, today will be my last day of gluten (since the words Hashimotos thyroiditis were brought up, albeit incorrectly, a few days ago). I'm grasping at straws, no doubt, but looking for anything I can. So, I'll be getting all of my carbs from fruits and vegetables for the time being and they'll be limited to lifting days only and still pretty minimal on days other than arms and legs (the two groups I want to grow the most). The only exception to that will be gatorade when I play basketball. I think I'll also plan on doing IF, again. I did it for 4 weeks before with 0 results, but it just seems like it'll be easier for me right now.

I'm kind of hoping the blood work comes in to show that I have reverse T3, because that would give me a sign of what to do, whereas 8 weeks on 112mcg of T4 (after 10 weeks on 50mcg of T4) hasn't allowed me to lose any weight and I clearly don't have the body recomposition going on that I should.

aaaah, man, you're trying everything I tried bro

I took a shot in the dark at the whole maybe it's gluten/celliac related myself. Or ANY food type allergy for that matter, I mean I was reaching too man, I was desperate. I even went as far as buying a humongous dehumidifier for the house in hopes it was some type of allergy, and bought all hypoallergenic detergent/fabric softener, hahaha. Anyway, long story short, nothing to do with gluten/celliac, however I will say that my stomach and digestive system feels much better since I went semi primal with my diet. My carbs all come from red skin potatoes and veggies. It really keeps the PH of your stomach down as well, and I haven't had a bout of acid reflux ever since.

If it's reverse t3, TSH is basically irrelevant. a 1.8 isn't bad, I mean it isn't like awesome, but it certainly wouldn't classify as hypo. My TSH was actually even lower than yours, it was a 1.21, which is actually pretty decent, but my reverse T3 was off the charts. There is a med that the name of escapes me atm, but it administered to people with true hyperthyroidism that cannot gain weight, I don't mean like hard gainers, I mean even worse than that. Anyway it's given to them to block the T3 from acting on the bodies cells allowing the person to gain weight and not look malnourished. Anyways....a study done on reverse t3 showed it was actually 100 times more powerful at blocking t3 from entering the bodies cells than this medicine was. Obviously....NOT GOOD.

Whenever you get those tests back or get a hint of what direction you think you need to take, you know I got your back bro 100 percent, I can help you out with t3 only dosages if you come to that bridge and need to cross it.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

aaaah, man, you're trying everything I tried bro

I took a shot in the dark at the whole maybe it's gluten/celliac related myself. Or ANY food type allergy for that matter, I mean I was reaching too man, I was desperate. I even went as far as buying a humongous dehumidifier for the house in hopes it was some type of allergy, and bought all hypoallergenic detergent/fabric softener, hahaha. Anyway, long story short, nothing to do with gluten/celliac, however I will say that my stomach and digestive system feels much better since I went semi primal with my diet. My carbs all come from red skin potatoes and veggies. It really keeps the PH of your stomach down as well, and I haven't had a bout of acid reflux ever since.

If it's reverse t3, TSH is basically irrelevant. a 1.8 isn't bad, I mean it isn't like awesome, but it certainly wouldn't classify as hypo. My TSH was actually even lower than yours, it was a 1.21, which is actually pretty decent, but my reverse T3 was off the charts. There is a med that the name of escapes me atm, but it administered to people with true hyperthyroidism that cannot gain weight, I don't mean like hard gainers, I mean even worse than that. Anyway it's given to them to block the T3 from acting on the bodies cells allowing the person to gain weight and not look malnourished. Anyways....a study done on reverse t3 showed it was actually 100 times more powerful at blocking t3 from entering the bodies cells than this medicine was. Obviously....NOT GOOD.

Whenever you get those tests back or get a hint of what direction you think you need to take, you know I got your back bro 100 percent, I can help you out with t3 only dosages if you come to that bridge and need to cross it.
    Haha, it's funny isn't it? We watch everyone else on the forums make changes (be they big or small) and see success and we try everything in the book and can't move an inch. I was feeling really good for a while and thinking that this must be right, but I've got my fingers crossed it's reverse t3 at this point. Because even if it takes months to have it moving in the right direction, it only takes 6 weeks for T4 levels to stabilize, so I've already passed that mark by 2 weeks and am getting nothing. But, in the meantime, I'll be going for strength gains until I get my bloodwork back.

I was actually thinking about this earlier. I was tempted to just make the switch to power lifting since clearly I have little control over body composition lol. Although, I'm at my weakest right now after that vacation and I don't want that stress on my joints; plus, I can't abandon the bodybuilding thing. It's what I've wanted (officially) since June of 09.

And this just seems healthier for the time being; so I'm going to try it for a while and bring the other carbs back in (probably sooner than later).

Time to ride it out a few days til the bloodwork comes in.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.83%

keep up all the hard work!
    SeriousNutritionSolutions:::
    online rep
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Not so hairless but for a sasquatch you are bald lol.
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.83%

LOL
    SeriousNutritionSolutions:::
    online rep
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceGuided View Post
    keep up all the hard work!
    Thanks, bro.

Haha. Yeah, I'm a wookie, no doubt. Haven't trimmed since a week or so before Hawaii.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

All right, I ended up taking yesterday off. Since I get off work at 3, I figured I'd just knock out my workout today, instead, and then go play ball at the church. Go figure that today I had a student keep me way late for my final appointment and on top of that, I got pulled into another little meeting where one of my students' mothers decided to call and complain about something. Needless to say, I got out of work an hour and a half late. Well, with my legs being sore from Sunday and the fact that cardio is useless to me, currently, I didn't want to skip my lift. So, no basketball tonight, but a decent delts/traps workout.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
    DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
    Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)
    BB Shrugs (bar behind back): 295x15/295x15/295x14/295x13/225x16
    DB Shrugs: 90's x 25 / 90's x 30

Total Workout Time: 60 minutes

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

So, today I added in the Adamantium pre-workout and Titanium, as well (at the minimum 2 caps per day). What I will say is that I plan on buying a bottle of TTA on my own and saving it for whenever my thyroid order is completely sorted out, so I can run it then and do it full justice.

Tomorrow is chest.
  29. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

All right, I ended up taking yesterday off. Since I get off work at 3, I figured I'd just knock out my workout today, instead, and then go play ball at the church. Go figure that today I had a student keep me way late for my final appointment and on top of that, I got pulled into another little meeting where one of my students' mothers decided to call and complain about something. Needless to say, I got out of work an hour and a half late. Well, with my legs being sore from Sunday and the fact that cardio is useless to me, currently, I didn't want to skip my lift. So, no basketball tonight, but a decent delts/traps workout.

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Seated DB Shoulder Presses: 65's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 12 / 75's x 12 / 65's x 15
    DB Side Lateral Raises: 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 65's x 15 / 25's x 12 (slow)
    Seated Rear Delt DB Side Lateral Raises: 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 75's x 15 / 40's x 12 (slow)

My numbers are still significantly off from what they had been pre-Hawaii, but this was the best workout I've had since coming back (and being off stims). It didn't feel quite as intense as they all used to, but still pretty darn good. This was also my first day of using Adamantium pre-workout -- I already love it lol.

I can't wait til I can get my body back on track and get lean, because even with the extra body fat (probably hangin around 20% atm), I still manage to look really ripped and vein out through my traps. I needed the ego boost, today. I took 1 scoop Adamantium, 2g LCLT and ~1.5g creatine nitrate pre-workout. Sick, sick combo.

I've been doing IF the last 2 days. Still have been eating grains, though, because I have a ton around here and like Makaveli pointed out, it's not gonna make a difference since the thyroid issue is beyond that (I've done paleo before and got nothing out of it).

So, today I added in the Adamantium pre-workout and Titanium, as well (at the minimum 2 caps per day). What I will say is that I plan on buying a bottle of TTA on my own and saving it for whenever my thyroid order is completely sorted out, so I can run it then and do it full justice.

Tomorrow is chest.
    nice workout man! An ego boost is always nice, and everyone needs one once in a while, particularly atm. Rest assured you look still look awesome and swole bro. Do you always train traps with delts? I've gone back and forth on the issue for literally like 5 years lol. I'm 50/50 on whether they should be trained with shoulders or back. My problem is my back day is the day after my shoulder day, so if I throw them in on shoulder day, and then go for deads or powercleans the next day on back day...forget about it, lol.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

nice workout man! An ego boost is always nice, and everyone needs one once in a while, particularly atm. Rest assured you look still look awesome and swole bro. Do you always train traps with delts? I've gone back and forth on the issue for literally like 5 years lol. I'm 50/50 on whether they should be trained with shoulders or back. My problem is my back day is the day after my shoulder day, so if I throw them in on shoulder day, and then go for deads or powercleans the next day on back day...forget about it, lol.
    Thanks, buddy.

It was needed now as much as ever, haha. My arms feel so freakin small right now that it's killin me, haha. I plan on recomping whenever it's sorted and eating high cals on my leg and arm days to make them grow and low on everything else.

I have been training traps with delts for a good couple years, now (switched on rare occasions, of course). My traps are pretty resilient, so I hit them hard on delts day and they're fine whenever I deadlift, too. The split I've been following for a while now is:

Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
    Legs
    Delts/Traps
    OFF
    Chest
    Back
    OFF

(abs thrown in where necessary)

I've found that for a 5 day split, that separates everything pretty perfectly in terms of time off. And my traps are definitely one of my better muscle groups.
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

6/21/11 - Delts/Traps

Tomorrow is chest.
    Solid workout bruther!
    And I hear ya on the Adamantium Stuff gave me great intensity
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Really been looking at adding Adamantium to my line but awfully tight right now! Hopefully I can sell another custom table or something to check it out!
    Won't be long there big dog and you'll be back to the solid numbers as before! (Not that what you're doing now isn't!)
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Solid workout bruther!
    And I hear ya on the Adamantium Stuff gave me great intensity
    Thanks, bro

Definitely solid intensity/focus for not being loaded with stims.

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Really been looking at adding Adamantium to my line but awfully tight right now! Hopefully I can sell another custom table or something to check it out!
    Won't be long there big dog and you'll be back to the solid numbers as before! (Not that what you're doing now isn't!)
    I'll be sure to be as detailed as I can in sharing my findings on it in order to help everyone else out. Given that I've been off stims, I should be able to sense things pretty well. And thanks for the kind words, man. You don't think you lift all that much until you take a break, fall back a ways and realize what you had been doing wasn't all that shabby.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

Okay, so here are some updates:

- I took the gym off on Wednesday and Thursday. If I'm following my normal split, those would be chest and back days, respectively, with Friday off. I'll be hitting both on Friday, instead. I'll likely not hit chest all that much as upper chest development is the biggest concern I have with my chest.

- In all honesty, it's just stemmed from the whole thyroid thing and my desire to be in the gym isn't gone by any means, but it isn't AS driven as it is when I'm getting results (or at least wasn't aware that I wasn't making any progress). It doesn't seem to matter what or how much I eat or what I do lifting or cardio wise, the scale and mirror just don't budge (aside from short term muscle pumps post-gym). My mindset turned a BIT toward that I'm not gonna be so OCD on everything as I normally am when my body id working against me. This doesn't mean I won't be trying or working hard at all; just not as strict as I normally am.

- I called the endo's office today and they said my bloodwork from a week ago won't be in until some time next week. I was hoping it would be sooner, but it's all in God's time. I'm trying to be patient.

- I went to the chiropractor today for the first time in my life and he did confirm that I do in fact have a pelvic imbalance. I'm going back tomorrow to discuss the x-rays and start on some physical therapy to start correcting it -- that's good.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

6/24/11 - Chest & Back

Incline Bench Press: 135x10/185x10/205x10/245x6/255x4/225x10/185x10
    Bench Press: 225x12/275x5/225x8
    Decline DB Bench Press: 75's x 13 / 85's x 14 / 85's x 15

Bent-over Rows: 155x15/x12/x10/x8 (supersetted with pullups)
    Pullups: x8/x8/x7/x8
    T-Bar Rows: 145x15/x12/x10/x8
    Seated Rows (wide/neutral grip): 140x15/160x12/180x10/200x8

Chest numbers are getting back up there slowly. It's also noticeable when I'm pressing, the imbalances I have in my back from the imbalance in my pelvis. I normally draw my shoulderblades in tight and have that foundation underneath me to be able to press more, but the imbalance has left me with a little bit more muscle on one side of my upper back than the other, so the presses are off balance.

Anyway, number are slowly coming back up. It wasn't the best workout ever, but they're getting back to where they used to be.

I'm on my way to hit arms in a few minutes.

Thursday night I went ahead and mixed up Layne Norton's cheesecake recipe, except I doubled it because I bought a 9"x13" cake pan instead of a 9" pie pan lol. I had bought enough to fix 2 cheesecakes, so I figured I'd just double it up, anyway. I also added in extra protein and here's what my version consists of:

- 8 large eggs
    - 4lbs fat free cheese cake
    - 2 cups splenda
    - 1 cup skim milk
    - 2 tbsp vanilla extract
    - 2 tbsp cinnamon
    - 4 scoops Tru-Nutrition vanilla Isology protein

Mix it all up with an electric beater in a large bowl. Pour it into the cake pan (fills it almost to the top). Have the oven pre-heated to 350 and then place the pan in for an hour. It'll brown up a bit on the top and when you pull it out at an hour it'll feel a bit undone in the middle, still (if you tap the top of it, it'll jiggle like fat). Let the pan cool enough that you can stick it in the fridge (or if you have metal racks, put it in immediately) for several hours.

I added a tad bit more on the vanilla, cinnamon and milk. None are anything worth mentioning; might be just a few drops of each and maybe 1/3 cup more of milk.

The macros I ended up with for this mixture are:

2,652 calories
    40g fat
    141g carbs
    432g protein

Name:  0623012147a.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  281.0 KB

It turned out absolutely delicious. It's incredibly filling, too, which is surprising for it only being 260 calories if you cut it into 10 pieces (they're BIG pieces, too -- 4g fat/14g carb/42g protein). Topping it with light Cool Whip is really good and what's also really good is adding some natural peanut butter on top of it, too.
  36. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

that sounds delicious man! Nicely done
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

that sounds delicious man! Nicely done
    It is phenomenal. Honestly, I could get by on that as a dessert for the rest of my life and not need anything that's actually bad for me. I think it'll be a regular for me.
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.
  39. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

So it's worth mentioning that my appetite has been down for a while, but the last few days have been reminiscent of the days of the original Stimulant X back in college. I have to FORCE myself to eat to get the protein in. It's very, very odd. Even snacks aren't appealing.

Now I'll admit that there is a lot of stress in my life (has been for almost a year now) and the Synthroid never helped in the appetite department, either (i.e. it brought my appetite down a bit). It's been noticeably more lately, so I'm going to assume that it's the TTA.

We should actually be able to figure this out, too, because after talking with Makaveli, I'm confident in stopping my Synthroid. Last night's dose at 10:30 will be my last dose. So, we'll see how appetite goes. I'm hoping I'll get the blood work in this week (early, preferably) that will in fact confirm it's reverse T3, so I'll be put on T3. In the meantime, I'm going to cease the T4 as well as the NOW Thyroid Energy (which contains more iodine). I will, however, keep taking my Orange Triad, which contains iodine, but I'm only dosing it at 3 caps a day (never noticed a difference at the 6 caps a day).

I've been thinking about stopping the T4 for a while and I was wanting to wait until I had confirmation on blood tests, but my gut feeling after Makaveli mentioned the reverse T3 to me has been that's what I'm dealing with. I've been on T4 for 5 months (3 at 50mcg and 2 at 112mcg). My TSH and T4/T3 levels look pretty good on paper and yet I still haven't noticed anything (being stuck at the same weight the entire time you've been on the medication while even eating less makes zero sense). On top of that, I still have the same overall lack of energy that I had and ever since I started the T4 my hair started thinning (who knows if it's that or the stress).

All that being said, it hasn't been helping me, so stopping it isn't something I'm too worried about. If it is reverse T3, I have to flush all the T4 out of my system anyway, so I don't want to wait any longer.

We'll see what the blood work shows this upcoming week. I'll be praying that my gut feeling is right. Being on T3 for life isn't an ideal situation at all by any means. However, knowing what you're up against and being able to make SOME form of progress is better than spinning your wheels and finding yourself without the urge to go out and do much of anything.
    You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%

You're right...it's not. But you know what. The way I look at it. When was the last time you went an entire day without taking a pill of....ANYTHING. I've taken something every single day of my life since about 7th grade haha. And then when you get old enough to be a grandpa, you'll have other stuff your taking every single day, lol. So I don't worry much about it. Actually, if you wanna pick a positive out of it, if taking t3 everyday got your thyroid straightened out, how many other pills a day would you be able to NOT have to take
    Haha oh no, man, I completely agree. Pills don't bother me. And I'm stuck taking meds the rest of my life one way or another, but what I was referring to was more the fact that this instance results in completely shutting your natural thyroid down (at least at some point, as best as I understand it) and there's the catabolic effects, as well.

I'm certainly happy to know what it is and get it fixed

Similar Forum Threads

1. MidwestBeast's **** Better Protein Bar Review (sponsored)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
  2. MidwestBeast's APS Testalensis 100 Log (Sponsored)
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 05:01 PM
  3. MidwestBeast's (new!) CL Purple Psyko Log (sponsored)
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
  4. MidwestBeast's L.I.T. UP Review (sponsored)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 11:40 AM