Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

Page 2 of 14 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Alright all of us Lean Gains lovers, or those who want to check into it. I started a thread in the Nutrition section that we can all kind of uses as a sounding board and resource pool on Anabolic Minds.
    The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log
    Man that log is kicking off fast...

Oh you know what's going to be interesting, tonights weigh in!! I should be about 213 lbs by what I am seeing in the mirror but I am feeling pretty powerfull, so I could be more. I'm pretty curious, this could be the recomp for ages....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I brought my notepad...
    Lol, ditto.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Man that log is kicking off fast...

Oh you know what's going to be interesting, tonights weigh in!! I should be about 213 lbs by what I am seeing in the mirror but I am feeling pretty powerfull, so I could be more. I'm pretty curious, this could be the recomp for ages....
    Oh you will be more surprised a few weeks in. You keep expecting things to slow down but they don't unless you change something up to make it happen. Like me I keep adding in calories to see who mcuh I can put on while still leaning up. I think this may be one of the most tweakable systems because you can tweak and see the difference in a couple days.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Oh you will be more surprised a few weeks in. You keep expecting things to slow down but they don't unless you change something up to make it happen. Like me I keep adding in calories to see who mcuh I can put on while still leaning up. I think this may be one of the most tweakable systems because you can tweak and see the difference in a couple days.
    That's what I wanted to hear, man I am going to be pretty cut already when I start prepping ... fug!!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

That's what I wanted to hear, man I am going to be pretty cut already when I start prepping ... fug!!!
    That sounds like a good problem to have!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That sounds like a good problem to have!!
    Yah and here's the kicker, the reason I thought I lost so much weight is ... I have I am down 5 lbs from last week at this time... this is fuggin crazy!!
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Yah and here's the kicker, the reason I thought I lost so much weight is ... I have I am down 5 lbs from last week at this time... this is fuggin crazy!!
    See Doug, I wasn't singing from the roof tops for nothing that is perfect for us. It may not be perfect for everoyone but it is perfect for me and the results prove it. Oh did you see what Resolsve said in the LG thread, Martin recomends about 50% of your calories for the workout day on recovery days. So you might be like 1400 and 2800 or something like 1500 and 3000 more likely.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

See Doug, I wasn't singing from the roof tops for nothing that is perfect for us. It may not be perfect for everoyone but it is perfect for me and the results prove it. Oh did you see what Resolsve said in the LG thread, Martin recomends about 50% of your calories for the workout day on recovery days. So you might be like 1400 and 2800 or something like 1500 and 3000 more likely.
    I can't imagine that when you workout later in the day you need calories the next day, hek at 2500 I am still hungry after I eat. The 2800 on workout days is really good though. To match the calorie count I currently have I would have to go 3500 to 1750.... maybe 3250 to 2000 might work but the nwd's would still be pretty tough for me. I think the reason I get so hungry the next day is that my body needs the food for recovery...

Anyhow it's not broke, I mean this is the most success with the least effort I have ever made, perhaps when I make adjustments when I need to switch it up a bit.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

By recovery days does that mean any non-lifting days? Like cardio days and rest days both?
    Recoverbro Elite
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

By recovery days does that mean any non-lifting days? Like cardio days and rest days both?
    Yes...
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Chris Aceto has a good plan, you can use this for lean gains or reducing body-fat. Championship Bodybuilding is such an useful book

heres a recent article

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/nut...onal-plan.html
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Chris Aceto has a good plan, you can use this for lean gains or reducing body-fat. Championship Bodybuilding is such an useful book

heres a recent article

Yah you could just cycle the carbs but you have to keep them higher in wod's so you would use 300 on wod's and 100 on nwd's if your' norm was around 200 grams. Something to think about if my plan starts to stall right now it's working 1000% though.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Ok I had a better workout last night as I am now concentrating to focus my intensity on the negatives and contraction. Worked out very well I have my intensity back and it should pay dividends...

Leg curls 135 X 5
    135 X 5
    135 X 5
    115 X 8

Calf Raise 130 X 5
    130 X 5
    130 X 5
    110 X 8

Obar Curls 125 X 5
    125 X 5
    125 X 5
    105 X 8

Decline Tri Ext 95 X 5
    95 X 5
    95 X 5
    85 X 8

I feel fantastic, I am now down to 210 and eating what I like and the supps Testopro, Erase and Osta are treating me very well, I feel on....
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Ok I had a better workout last night as I am now concentrating to focus my intensity on the negatives and contraction. Worked out very well I have my intensity back and it should pay dividends...

Leg curls 135 X 5
    135 X 5
    135 X 5
    115 X 8

Calf Raise 130 X 5
    130 X 5
    130 X 5
    110 X 8

Obar Curls 125 X 5
    125 X 5
    125 X 5
    105 X 8

Decline Tri Ext 95 X 5
    95 X 5
    95 X 5
    85 X 8

I feel fantastic, I am now down to 210 and eating what I like and the supps Testopro, Erase and Osta are treating me very well, I feel on....
    Great workout, so you are saying that the fat is still melting away consistently? Even with eating what you like?
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Great workout, so you are saying that the fat is still melting away consistently? Even with eating what you like?
    It's falling off!!!! lost 5 lbs last week and I estimate about 1.5% body fat maybe my best week ever!!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%

It's falling off!!!! lost 5 lbs last week and I estimate about 1.5% body fat maybe my best week ever!!
    OK, thats it thats it, I can't take it anymore! It is time for my presently "FAT-A$$" to join in and do a Log myself! Let me read a little more into this IF stuff so I can see if it is something I want to do, or if I wanna do it my "old fashion" way, will probably run a few bottles of EPI-V with the new IF way, always up for something new!

On a different note, I have two of the three bottles of EPI-V sitting in my drawer waiting to be mailed out to you, I'm gonna wait because you are not in any kind of rush and we are expecting our PCT REVOLUTION Black in any day now, so when that comes in, I'm going to send it all to you, so all you will need from us is your last/third bottle of EPI-V, which by then we will have the next batch in stock, sound good? I wanna see the most ripped, shredded, carved out of stone, GREEK GOD "Old FUGGER" Ever!!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

OK, thats it thats it, I can't take it anymore! It is time for my presently "FAT-A$$" to join in and do a Log myself! Let me read a little more into this IF stuff so I can see if it is something I want to do, or if I wanna do it my "old fashion" way, will probably run a few bottles of EPI-V with the new IF way, always up for something new!

On a different note, I have two of the three bottles of EPI-V sitting in my drawer waiting to be mailed out to you, I'm gonna wait because you are not in any kind of rush and we are expecting our PCT REVOLUTION Black in any day now, so when that comes in, I'm going to send it all to you, so all you will need from us is your last/third bottle of EPI-V, which by then we will have the next batch in stock, sound good? I wanna see the most ripped, shredded, carved out of stone, GREEK GOD "Old FUGGER" Ever!!!!
    Sounds awesome, I will be soooo shredded come contest time, I guarantee it.

yah lean gains is very easy there are different protocols to match every lifestyle...
  18. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.56%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

In for this bad boy.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Today's Eating is not as glamorous it being a nwd, or chicken day I should call it..

12pm 12 oz chicken breast
    2 cups steamed potatoes
    2 cups salad greens
    1 tbspn balsamic vin.
    2 granny smith apples

4pm 12 oz Chicken
    1 cup pasta salad
    2 cups brocolli

7:30pm Tuna 1 can
    2 peiced ezekiel bread
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by A_I_Sports_Nutrition View Post
    In for this bad boy.
    Hey Don wonder where you got to.... hey tell Mike great idea on that Testopro/Erase combo deal, these are awseome together...
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

In!
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by jherman08 View Post
    In!
    Hey, thanks for joining...
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Lovin it!
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

heres a recent article

Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window.

Yah you could just cycle the carbs but you have to keep them higher in wod's so you would use 300 on wod's and 100 on nwd's if your' norm was around 200 grams. Something to think about if my plan starts to stall right now it's working 1000% though.
    That is what I do pretty much, maybe 100-150 NWD 250-300 WD but I like to estimate right now and I am confident I can get very lean doing it this way so I will resist the urge to get to into counting every little thing and keep with my estimations and general tracking.

That is the beauty of it. This is my cake right here, this is me eating my cake, I still have abs... Thank you Lean Gains!
    It is unreal isn't it!

Nice I better get a link to that lean gains log. I can't wait to see what Doug can do with that. He is a LUCKY OLD FUGGER TOO! I am watching closely and am curious on this one.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window. .
    Yup it speeds up the thyroid. So many people think when they start their diet they need to cut calories real low, which can actually slow the metabolism.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

Yup it speeds up the thyroid. So many people think when they start their diet they need to cut calories real low, which can actually slow the metabolism.
    You must spread some reputation around....

Exactly I often tell people don't cut down so fast your have no where to go if your cals are rock bottom and you plateau.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%

...another DW log with lots and lots of good info. I am changing my cals up a bit after a lot of what I've been reading. Dropping the cals and carbs even lower on cardio days, and upping cals and carbs quite a bit more on lifting days!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by dboe View Post
    Lovin it!
    Gotta love it, Lean gains is a remarkable discovery!!!

Nice article. I am pretty close to following that now in the 100 and 250-300 range on carbs. Cris Aceto has been around and respected forever. You could use all of his principles with in the Lean Gains eating frame and see huge improvements. His speaking of the metabolism slowing is due to a loss of leptin from the fat being burned and it not being replaced. The addition of the high carb day increases leptin levels drastically and that in response allows the metabolism to increase. The intermittent fasting design goes one step further in making sure leptin levels stay optimal for fat burning and an increase in metabolism as well as anabolism during the feeding window.

That is what I do pretty much, maybe 100-150 NWD 250-300 WD but I like to estimate right now and I am confident I can get very lean doing it this way so I will resist the urge to get to into counting every little thing and keep with my estimations and general tracking.

It is unreal isn't it!

Nice I better get a link to that lean gains log. I can't wait to see what Doug can do with that. He is a LUCKY OLD FUGGER TOO! I am watching closely and am curious on this one.
    Yah like I said a more moderate shift is treating me very well right now, because I train later in the day I have tendancy to be quite hungry the following day, had I trained early in the day I am sure it would be a whole different ball game. This methodology is going in the bank for contest prep if I need it.

Chris it's hard to describe cuz it's so unbelievable and I know you know that cuz you've been trying to tell us this for months now...

Yah the EPI-V run should be interesting, I read the logs and thought it would be just the thing for contest readiness...

You must spread some reputation around....

Exactly I often tell people don't cut down so fast your have no where to go if your cals are rock bottom and you plateau.
    Yah I try to slowly reduct my calories over time to avoid this problem lean gains seems to be able to sidestep this somewhat. I still may have to lower cals a bit but not as often and not as much I think...

...another DW log with lots and lots of good info. I am changing my cals up a bit after a lot of what I've been reading. Dropping the cals and carbs even lower on cardio days, and upping cals and carbs quite a bit more on lifting days!!
    You know it, were all about getting down to it... and turning over the stones...
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

I continue to see fat loss in the mirror on a daily basis, this is just nuggin futs!! I have 4 more weeks of recomp with this stack and I am going to be very lean at this rate!! Going to be a very successful prep after my vacation too...

I was just telling Chris that I am going to be so cut when I go on vacation that I will be very stingy in relinquishing it knowing I have a prep coming around the corner. He mentioned that Lean Gains is so forgiving that it should not be an issue (vacation eating) ... I can either extend fast and shorten the feeding window or do alternate day type fasting. I am not all that concerned....
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Todays Diet.. now this is good...

12pm 12 oz chicken breast
    2 cups salad greens
    1 tbspn balsamic vin.

430pm workout
    6pm shake 3 scoops concentrate

7pm 16 oz Sirloin mmmm
    2 medium baked potatos
    2 cups brocolli
    2 cups Frozen yogurt mmmmmmmmmmm

For the most part pretty well balanced and healthy, but got some goodies in there....
  31. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.98%

Do you make your own dressing with the vinegar?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Do you make your own dressing with the vinegar?
    No I just throw balsamic vinegar for flavor... I used to but dont' need the oil really.
  33. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.98%

I want to start making my own and was looking for ideas.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%

I think I heard my name called, I can help with a plethora of tasty low cal, low carb, low fat, etc. I love salads and have been making my own dressings for years!
    www.finaflex.com
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

I never got very fancy I would throw a couple cap fulls of olive oil and a couple of balsamic vinegar and shake some steak spice in....
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

I think I heard my name called, I can help with a plethora of tasty low cal, low carb, low fat, etc. I love salads and have been making my own dressings for years!
    Lets see the recipe's!! this is my thread we share here ....
  37. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.98%

Hook a brother up brah!!

I got apple cider vinegar and tryna make something delicious!

It don't have to be with apple cider, share what you got bud
  38. AI Sports Nutrition
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.56%

Hey Don wonder where you got to.... hey tell Mike great idea on that Testopro/Erase combo deal, these are awseome together...
    I agree the TestoPRO/Erase is a super combo.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%

OK, first off for all you Ranch Fans out there, it can be made with using non-flavored low or even no fat yogurt instead of the whole milk or cream like it suggests on the Ranch powder directions and the ranch powder itself can be purchased in just about any supermarket, Hell SAM's club sells ranch powder in pretty large canisters, which I love and throw the powder straight on my grilled chx all the time.

Other combos that work really well is using a healthy oil (safflower oil, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc) you can mix that with Balsamic, Apple cider (sweet), Lemon/Lime juice works well if you buy some Mexican seasoning and want that taco/fajita kind of flavor. I guess the only other tricks I have found is I have a juicer and I might throw a tad of this that or the other, carrots always being a favorite juice to add to a dressing. The next thing for variety is seasonings, Love me some Mrs. DASH seasonings, then to add salt, I always use sea salt (I personally like a little salt, but salt is optional).

That is my technique, I mean if yall want specific recipes, I would have to know the size of the salad in which I was trying to season and what type of flavor you were in the mood for and then I could come up with some exact measurements, I season and dress my salads as I make them, I just always keep all these ingredients handy to make like 20 different style dressings at any given time. I don't actually make like a bottle of dressing and keep it in my fridge.
    www.finaflex.com
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.68%

OK, first off for all you Ranch Fans out there, it can be made with using non-flavored low or even no fat yogurt instead of the whole milk or cream like it suggests on the Ranch powder directions and the ranch powder itself can be purchased in just about any supermarket, Hell SAM's club sells ranch powder in pretty large canisters, which I love and throw the powder straight on my grilled chx all the time.

Other combos that work really well is using a healthy oil (safflower oil, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, etc) you can mix that with Balsamic, Apple cider (sweet), Lemon/Lime juice works well if you buy some Mexican seasoning and want that taco/fajita kind of flavor. I guess the only other tricks I have found is I have a juicer and I might throw a tad of this that or the other, carrots always being a favorite juice to add to a dressing. The next thing for variety is seasonings, Love me some Mrs. DASH seasonings, then to add salt, I always use sea salt (I personally like a little salt, but salt is optional).

That is my technique, I mean if yall want specific recipes, I would have to know the size of the salad in which I was trying to season and what type of flavor you were in the mood for and then I could come up with some exact measurements, I season and dress my salads as I make them, I just always keep all these ingredients handy to make like 20 different style dressings at any given time. I don't actually make like a bottle of dressing and keep it in my fridge.
    Some good ideas here my wife buys ranch all the time for her salads she could make good use of this. I like the spicy one for myself...

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:09 PM
  2. Sex,gains,and recovery.......
    By TripDog in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
  3. Lean Mass & Recovery Stack From BDC
    By db192 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2003, 06:25 AM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..